[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYOA General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: kingdom_crusher_v0_9.jpg (5 MB, 1500x7900) Image search: [Google]
kingdom_crusher_v0_9.jpg
5 MB, 1500x7900
Last thread:
>>43968142

FAQ: http://pastebin.com/MhAQAJiw
Here's a dropbox with a LOT of CYOA's:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ijwopa42ke49q1/AAA40vUS2BzstD9eHyyBLTr8a?dl=0
IRC Chat Channel
https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?url=irc%3A%2F%2Firc.rizon.net%2Fcyoa

OC of today: Kingdom Crusher.
>>
>>43986535
I haven't even skimmed it yet, but I have to say that the thumbnail has my panties creaming with the quality of layout and colours. Going to read it now.
>>
File: CYOA of CYOA.png (35 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
CYOA of CYOA.png
35 KB, 800x400
>>
>Added title
>Made it so the Nerd won't obviously try to rape you
>Made it so "Alien integration" quest requires a friend other than "Ohoho"
Otherwise it's just a free coin.
>>
>>43986687
Party pooper.
>>
>>43986590
I eagerly await your choices and opinion. Of course it is quite the chore to read through it all and making your decisions. Even I haven't chosen yet. Oh gosh I am just so excited.
>>
Is SDA alive yet?

It's been almost a year since he last updated his shit
>>
>>43986631
B, lets go CYOA general!
>>
>>43986631
A
>>43986687
Mette Heimdall, 16
Loving family, 13
Me?, 12
Star athlete, 10
Lewd friend, 8
Nerd, 7
All bonuses, -1

Alien integration to be at zero.
Ill make the nerd be the alien so he can tutor me on advanced as fuck concepts,
>>
>>43986816
He's in a bad way right now. Remember kids, drugs are bad!
>>
>>43986535
Holy shit that's a lot of lore. Before I start reading into it thoroughly, is it written such that we'll be able to work out all the histories and mysteries from the text, or is it up to interpretation?

Also, how does allying work?
>>
File: Holoscape.jpg (902 KB, 1200x3100) Image search: [Google]
Holoscape.jpg
902 KB, 1200x3100
>>43986535
Dear sweet fuck, you sure know how to make a pretty CYOA, bliss.
>>
>>43986535
It's gorgeous, but I can't make heads nor tails of the system. Any help?
>>
>>43986920
The "next posted CYOA" mentioned by >>43986631 is counted from the moment you make your meta choice, so for you (and >>43986823) it would be >>43986969.
>>
>>43986947
You can work out the hidden histories and secrets of kingdoms by looking deep at the wording, names, descriptions and pictures of the rulers. Sometimes even the neighbouring kingdoms play part in it. It is not open to interpretation. Unlike Quiet CYOA, I do know all the secrets myself. But I do not want to share or confirm any of them. However, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. When something is left to be asked, then look deeper instead of reading everything at face value.

Allying replaces the above number of resistance to the one mentioned.

>>43986969
Thank you, I do try!

>>43986998
Look below for the rules, as to what you get:

100% and 1 package.
The package details the times you split your power into portions, the amount of blessings and gifts you recieve.

The numbers under the portraits of kingdoms is their resistance, say for example the first: Ecclesia: 70%.

You have 100% power. If you invest 70% out of the 100 then you succesfully take over. If you invest only 30%, then you have to roll.
Roll 1d70, if it's equal or below your investment (30%), then you win. If above, you lose.

The way you play depends on your package. Choose your blessings wisely, and you can save a lot of power.
>>
>>43987125
So allying with any kingdom that doesn't specifically list a bonus in its description does nothing and/or is impossible?
>>
>>43987125
Number of times you can split your power is number of kingdoms you can conquer?
>>
>>43987187
Exactly. Some rulers and kingdoms are not exactly willing to share.
>>
>>43987245
>Number of times you can split your power is number of kingdoms you can conquer?
you could* conquer.
But yes, that's exactly what it's for.
>>
>>43987102
No thanks
>>
>>43987187
>>43987249
Oh but you could always choose arranged marriage and unite kingdoms. Forgot to mention that.
>>
>>43984308
Hnn, what sort of monster do you get from the injection, anyway? Do we get to choose?
>>
>>43987125
bliss i don't know how to play this cyoa help
>>
>bansihment to Earth is a bad thing
But Earthlings have all the best meme's!

>more than 2k characters
Errors, comments:
http://pastebin.com/fEPSjWAy

>1-8 numbers
80% to me, 5% to each of: Farming advisor, sales advisor, political advisor, "how to make filthy peasants not rebel" advisor
+2 blessings
+3 gifts
I was gonna roll with 1-5 numbers and do basically the same thing, but I far prefer the Gifts. or maybe it's just too late for math.
>Cataclysm
>Treason
+10% power when invading monarchies/hostile environment

>Prosperity
>Marriage
>Tribute
We are a kind and honorable kingdom, who totally won't dominate anyone who opposes us.
No really. We won't cause wars. I'll just occasionally fuck up a tribe horribly, so other kingdoms know not to piss us off.

>Vidal
I was going to use Tribute on them, but I would think that counts as not leaving them alone. So just receive a small prize, and trade with her as usual.
>Ell - 80% + 10% power vs. 40%
My own kingdom. Destroy his weak squad of nobles, bring the planechanger and the peasants with me to a place with better fields, using the planechanger during winter to grow crops.
It's win-win: The peasants are happy, and I get a nice, loyal Kingdom. Just gotta find a place for us, and live with them whining about no houses for a few years.
So now I have 50% power left to invade with?
>Roza
Use Tribute. Marrying would be stupid when they plan to start a civil war soon.
>Seille 50% power vs 30%
Killing the Noble, taking the peasants from Ell and building the second Kingdom close to Seille.
>Eerie
Using Marriage. The entire kingdom is 8/10 waifu material - she/it will probably be pissed I plan to take over two kingdoms, upsetting balance... or will she be happy I freed those peasants?
Until I read
>Nocturne
M A R R I A G E. Vampire + healing + mention of hearths. Ten out of fucking ten. Don't care that she sucks the life out of babies. It's more annoying that she worships my every movement.
Only 20% power left.

Sleep now.
>>
>>43986535
There was a previous version I saw before.

Did you update this?
>>
>>43987125
All I got was
>something something war, something something the King in the Highlands is a douchenozzle, something something fishermen and Cthulu I still don't know what that is, other than a squid god, something something vampires at a war with wanna-be paladins, something something dark magic

And I don't initially see a point in splitting your power. If there were some
>This minion costs 7%, this one costs 20%
So you could quantify it, that would help. But then power% wouldn't be as mysterious.

Can you attack multiple kingdoms?
>>
>>43986687
>intensive purpose
>>
Rolled 73 (1d90)

>>43986535
The dice system is awkward for the /tg/ roller that I imagine most people would prefer to use for convenience, though. Perhaps you could change it somehow such that all dice rolled are of the same size? Maybe roll over Resistance-(Investment+Bonuses) on a percentile die or similar?

Anyway, before I read those walls of text, I'm just going to try to take over the Highlands. My other option was a land grab for 10 nations at once with Divide, Conquer and Reset, linking up everything as one with Prosperity, Peace and Foundation, but that would require too many rolls.

>Focused Effort
>Crush Morale
>Conversion
>Cataclysm

>Marriage
>Peace
>Foundation (I read this as founding my own kingdom from all those I capture; Prosperity if this isn't the case)

>Caer (Marriage withyounger princess because lol birthright)
>Mariq (Crush Morale) - 31+10+31=72 against 90
>Roza (Alliance with the plotting family) - 29+10=39 against 50
>Rath - 20+10+10=40 against 40 (Automatic victory)
>Nocturne because lol daughteru (Alliance with the Child of the Moon I could have more optimally picked Rising Tensions instead but then I'd have to kill my daughteru) - 20+10+10=40 against 40 (Automatic victory)

Rollan.
>>
>>43986535
Can you use domain master with this?
>>
File: tg dice.png (22 KB, 249x322) Image search: [Google]
tg dice.png
22 KB, 249x322
Rolled 44 (1d50)

>>43987882
>need 72
>Rolled 73
FUCK.
>>
>>43987789
I finished it.

>>43987569
>>43987862
It seems there is some confusion on how to play. I will make a quick build and explain each step, hoping it will clear things up. Give me a minute.
>>
>>43987559
Oh thank Christus, finally someone fucked asked.
Just specify the monster, and don't be a dick about it - no trying to fuck the rules by e.g. picking a monster so you get a genderswap, or get cute, whatever.
Seriously, it's probably the most bought item, but no one has even written what monster they wanted to be.
So now they're all snails.
>>
>>43987651
Good night, thank you very much for that pastebin.
>>
>>43987862
>Cthulu
If you're interested, read Lovecraft. Pop culture and games especially are comically bad at using his work.
One decent instance of the greater genre is Bloodborne, but that's easily ruined by having the later half spoiled.
>>
>>43986535
>CYOA General

Just what I was looking for!

I am working on a Dungeon-based CYOA where in you Anons take the position of an Overlord building there very own dungeon:
- You pick your dungeon Size
-You pick and organize your dungeon terrain tiles & dungeon features
-You than staff and stock your dungeon with purchased Minions & Monsters with the resources generated by your tiles

I've illustrated and written everything myself and would LOVE and WELCOME you kind Anons to have a look and critique it.

-Terrain Tiles: http://imgur.com/a/83mQV
-Monster Bestiary: http://imgur.com/a/HJn61
-Dungeon Features: http://imgur.com/a/vA9WB (Little house indicates 1 tile upgrade, "little "rows" indicate entire floor upgrade.)

Please have a look and let me know what you think so far or if you have any criticism or questions. Don't be afraid to pick-it-apart; I need criticism for good game mechanics.

The Art is a little hit and miss, but I'm quite proud of it regardless- some of it is better than others as I got better as I progress..
>>
File: I lied.gif (3 MB, 433x286) Image search: [Google]
I lied.gif
3 MB, 433x286
>>43987267
hold on excuse me what?
How?
It says you split up your power with a group of peers / minions or allies
How does that help you take over more kingdoms?
Because I should've just picked
>1-2 numbers
Getting far more belssings, and still only take over 2 kingdoms
>>43988001
Isn't Bloodborne a DLC to Dark Souls or something?
All I know is something about dying, and the doll won't hate you even if you kill it, and creepy gross monsters, and several bosses
>>43987963
finding spelling mistakes in other people's works is devilishly easy.
>>
>>43987882
>>43987906
Failed both my invasions.
Guess I have to make do with supporting the textiles, lumber, medicine trades to live a comfortable life with my waifu and daughteru, then.
>>
>>43988076
>It says you split up your power with a group of peers / minions or allies
>How does that help you take over more kingdoms?
Because otherwise you can't be in more places at once to take over more kingdoms?
>>
>>43988076
>Isn't Bloodborne a DLC to Dark Souls or something?
No, the former is a game with similar gameplay to the latter.
>>
>>43988136
but it's not you, it's allies/minions.
I was under the impression I could take a fragment of my power and shove it inside someone else, so I could get a super smart and trustworthy advisor.
Anyway, It looks like some blessings are super OP
>Focused effort
It's equal to cataclysm/empowerment/warfare/intrigue/sabotage/traseon EXCEPT it works on ALL kingdoms so long as you only invade 4 or less.
>Crush morale
So I can spend 45% power to take over Mariq
Either that, or I'm retarded. It is midnight now.
>Retaliate
Pick any kingdom with 60% of less resistance, and effectively get 30% power free plus a guaranteed success
>>
>>43988076
>Isn't Bloodborne a DLC to Dark Souls or something?
Is that a joke about the game being a spiritual successor?
Bloodborne is a PS4 exklusive action RPG about fast and agressive combat. You are some guy coming to the city of Yarnahm where blood is used as a cure-all. Nightmarish, cryptic stuff happens and you end up being there during the Hunt, a time when hunters go out to kill the beasts roaming the land. You pick up a weapon and kill stuff while trying to find out what is going on here.

It's a damn good game and had most of it's issue fixed with an expansion last week. Also includes optional dungeon crawl through randomly generated levels.
>>
>>43988231
>PS4 exklusive
darn.
No, I just haven't played Dark Souls. All I know is, you die a lot, and some guy says "Praise the sun" and he's the only nice character in the game.
>>
>>43987926
And there goes the idea of turning into lightning to hijack a cute girl's body. Well, it's pretty clearly artificial, vaguely evil, and would probably result in some trial and error, but it's really not like that school would notice one more student with a body count or a false face.
>>
>>43987916
Quick build.

Okay first I read the intro:
>I have 100% power total. I now need to choose a package. But in order to know how many amounts of portions I need to divide my power in, I need to look at the kingdoms.

I look and read through at the kingdoms to find which are to my fancy.
>In this example I choose all kingdoms of the Frostland: Ecclesia, Tusk, Vidal and Ell.

4 kingdoms, so I will need 4 numbers.
>I choose package 2: 1-5 numbers. I get 4 blessings with it and 2 gifts.

Total amount of resistance is 70 + 60 + 50 + 40. That's a total of 220%. I only have 100%. Luckily I have blessings to boost my power.
>Choosing carefully, I choose Focused Effort, Crush Morale, Overwhelm, Rising Tension.

Okay now let's add things together. Ecclesia is the biggest competitor, so let's start with that:
>I use and benefit from Crush Morale, Overwhelm, Focused Effort and Rising Tensions.
I invest 50% total. Crush morale makes this 100%, Rising Tensions adds 20%, turning it into 120%. Focused Effort adds another 10% = 130%. The kingdom's resistance is 70%, but Overwhelm allows me to re-use the leftover points (60%).

Now Tusk:
>I have 60% leftover from overwhelm, so that's a success in conquering.

Now Vidal:
>I still have 50% power left from my original power. I invest 30% here. Focused Effort adds another 10%= 40%. However, the kingdom's resistance is 50%. My 40% isn't sufficient. So I roll 1d50. If the resulting number is 1-40 then I succeed in conquering. If the number is 41-50 then I lose and they resist me.

Ell is left.
>I have 20% power left. Let's use it here. Focused Effort gives me another 10%=30%. So now I roll the same as I did with Vidal. 1d40. If resulting number is 1-30 I win, 31-40 I lose.

End example. Clear enough?
>>
>>43988295
>he's the only nice character in the game.
There are a lot of decent characters in Dark Souls, that guy is just given more attention by the fans because he's a memetic "bro" and can help you out during some memorable fights.

While the game is punishing, it's not that difficult. It's also a fascimating example of enviromental storytelling and a meticulously crafted game which makes designers wet themselves talking about it.
>>
File: 1439228336568.jpg (205 KB, 1379x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439228336568.jpg
205 KB, 1379x1000
>>43987926
>no one has even written what monster they wanted to be.
>>43352576

>don't be a dick about it
Don't be such a dick about being a dick. I'll even make a new build since you give so many dicks about it.

>>43984308
>Yōkai Academy
>Mystery Substance (Kitsune)
>Genderswitch
>Limey
>Cute

I'll be so lonely, someone please befriend me ;_;
>>
>>43988076
>>43988210
>How does that help you take over more kingdoms?
This anon >>43988136 is right. You can indeed make minions of your own or shove your power into people to conquer kingdoms for you.

>It looks like some blessings are super OP
Everything has conditions. Play them right and all can be OP. They're just different things for different playstyles. For example, rerolling with Rewind or Reset allows you to double your chances, basically.
>>
File: mind control 1.jpg (2 MB, 2196x2848) Image search: [Google]
mind control 1.jpg
2 MB, 2196x2848
Is there a newer version of this anywhere?
>>
>>43988407
What kind of ass-backwards way of doing a CYOA is that?
That's like buying items before your choose your class, hoping they all fit with a class.
The CYOA doesn't mention the amount of times you split power = amount of kingdoms you can attack. It says you get more allies.
If that's how Overwhelm works, you're just asking for min maxing and spreadsheets.

Is there a correlation between kingdoms attacked and likelihood of the remaining trying to seal you off again?
How will you control multiple kingdoms?
If you have 0% power left, wouldn't a resistance be exceptionally easy?
How does marriage work? Can I marry any kingdom, do I become sole ruler?
>>
File: mind control 2.jpg (6 MB, 3000x5500) Image search: [Google]
mind control 2.jpg
6 MB, 3000x5500
>>43988576
>>
>>43988407
Seems like there's no combination that's more optimal than Crush Morale and Overwhelm with 100% investment, since nothing else can give you an additional 100% power. Perhaps Divide, Conquer and Reset as in the spoiler in >>43987882, depending on how lucky you are.

Speaking of which, I decided to roll for it on random.org, because fuck it why not.

Results are as follows:
>Tusk: 15 vs 60 - Rolled 18 FAILURE - Reroll 53 FAILURE
>Vidal: 15 vs 50 - Rolled 47 FAILURE - Reroll 23 FAILURE
>Ell: 15 vs 40 - Rolled 31 Reroll 8 SUCCESS
>Roza (Ally): 15 vs 50 - Rolled 7 SUCCESS
>Caer: 15 vs 60 - Rolled 43 FAILURE - Reroll 19 FAILURE
>Rath: 15 vs 40 - Rolled 31 FAILURE - Reroll 25 FAILURE
>Myst: 15 vs 50 - Rolled 5 SUCCESS
>Seille: 15 vs 30 - Rolled 26 FAILURE - Reroll 2 SUCCESS
>Nocturne: (Ally) 15 vs 40 - Rolled 3 SUCCESS
>Solsteir: 15 vs 50 - Rolled 17 FAILURE - Reroll 35 FAILURE

So I capture Ell, Roza, Myst, Seille and Nocturne (for a worth of 210 total power). Pretty hilarious.
>>
File: mind control 3.jpg (3 MB, 4264x2848) Image search: [Google]
mind control 3.jpg
3 MB, 4264x2848
>>43988600
>>
>>43986535
9 parts 5%, myself at 55%
Divide and conquer
Overwhelm

Attack everybody on the right side +Tusk +Rahai.

Gifts:
Wealth
Marriage to either Nocturne or Ice Queen
Foundation

With 600 points divaded on 500 points worth of kingdoms i win everything.

Awesome cyoa!
>>
File: 58.jpg (1 MB, 1200x4222) Image search: [Google]
58.jpg
1 MB, 1200x4222
I don't even know anymore.
>>
>>43988589
>What kind of ass-backwards way of doing a CYOA is that? That's like buying items before your choose your class, hoping they all fit with a class.
Pretty backwards, but it keeps everything neat. It doesn't harm you to look back and forth between the CYOA. In fact, most if not all of the big CYOAs have this problem. It is unavoidable.
>The CYOA doesn't mention the amount of times you split power = amount of kingdoms you can attack. It says you get more allies.
It says that in the intro, but considering this is the first version, I am inclined to change a couple of things to clarify.
>If that's how Overwhelm works, you're just asking for min maxing and spreadsheets.
Overwhelm's biggest weakness is that the leftover points can only be spent once. If you combine that with Crush Morale, that costs you a total of 2 blessings for maybe 80% power total at most. Each blessing is about 40% worth. So yeah I try to balance it around that number.

>Is there a correlation between kingdoms attacked and likelihood of the remaining trying to seal you off again?
There isn't. It's mostly an excuse to conquer now.
>If you have 0% power left, wouldn't a resistance be exceptionally easy?
You still have the same power leftover after that time. Do not worry.
>How does marriage work? Can I marry any kingdom, do I become sole ruler?
You unite kingdoms. You will be married and rule together.

>>43988613
All depending on luck. Could be worse, could be better. I tried to make each playstyle viable.

>>43988692
I can't see the math you're using here. I don't think you understood how to play. Any power you have leftover with Overwhelm can only be invested as a whole (in the rules). Which means, only into one other kingdom. Also, overwhelm is a one time use.
>>
>>43988709
Get some layout and distinguish the groups, on a first read this looks like everything is about the elves.
>>
>>43988941
Sorry,thought it was was one use per attack. Probably need to sleep now
>>
>>43988941
>All depending on luck. Could be worse, could be better. I tried to make each playstyle viable.
Of course, but my original point before I decided to shit out rolls was that the mechanical benefit of just about any two other blessings pales before Overwhelm and Crush Morale-

>Overwhelm's biggest weakness is that the leftover points can only be spent once.
-or at least it was until you said this. You might want to make that clearer in the power description - at least, I didn't see that meaning at all on my read-through.

That said, it's still pretty powerful, as it lets you conquer any two kingdoms for the price of the more powerful one, which could be worth anything from 30% to 80% extra power.
>>
>>43988136
how is anyone supposed to know that you only get one action ever? It talks about a time constraint, but doesn't say time runs out after you personally invade one kingdom.
>>
>>43988709
>not taking Magic, Cross/Other Magic (Celestial Elf) and Haven
>not studying Purpose focus your drive and sustain yourself on it indefinitely
>not studying Space to isolate yourself should your haven ever fail you
>not studying Time to cease the flow of time while you continue your studies
>not studying Power or Borders for full 2hu to elevate your abilities beyond their natural limits
>not becoming omnipotent an instant and an eternity after you learn to stop time
Conceptual manipulation really blows everything else out of the water.
>>
>>43989058
It is pretty powerful, but considering you use 2 blessing and a large portion of your power for conquering 2 kingdoms. So I consider it balanced.
>>
>>43988709
>Gold Dragon
Vow of Dominion, Tell: I guess gold eyes?

>Magic 4
>Other Magic (Celestial Elf: Change) 1
>Identity 0

I'm assuming that, given the proportionate costs of Other Magic and Alternate Form, Other Magic doesn't give that pesky dream-eating requirement.
Identity says that nobody'll suspect my nature unless I give them cause - which means that I could rule a country, or even the world fairly easily.
>>
>>43989186
It's probably fine if it's limited to one investment in a single kingdom as you said. The issue is that it wasn't clear (or at least I didn't find it clear; maybe I'm just an idiot) from reading the description.
>>
>>43988021
I think it's very charming and it's nice you put your own touch to the art. I loved the bestiary especially.

Can't wait to see this finished.

>>43989334
I put it in the rules (can only be invested as a whole). It's probably not clear enough, so i'll put it on the list of things that need adjusting in the next version.
>>
File: 73623.jpg (52 KB, 415x354) Image search: [Google]
73623.jpg
52 KB, 415x354
>>43986535
Okay, I just rolled myself 6 mid-high power kingdoms. It was a bit of luck, but also a bit of minmaxing.

Here's how:
1-8 split (3 blessings, 2 gifts) - pretty balanced, plus it allows you to still retain a big chunk of power while empowering your lower-class subordinates.

Initial split:
30% - Arcania
20% - Ecclesia
20% - Nocturne
10% - Roza
10% - Seille
10% - Vidal

You might've noticed that those kingdoms have pretty good defenses. How are we going to penetrate them? Here's how:

Blessings:
Rising Tensions [RT] (+20% when attacking conflicted kingdom without using an ally) - I wouldn't want to share my powers with some lowly humans anyway. My subordinates are enough. Plus, it gives a massive boost to my chances for 4 kingdoms (basically allowing me to take Seille with my "weakest" minion right away)
Sabotage [S] (+10% when attacking economic kingdoms) - synergizes with Rising Tension nicely, as 2 of 4 conflicted kingdoms are economic.
Rewind (+5% and a reroll after a failed roll) - because I want to turn odds in my favour. Alternatively, I could've used Retaliate (whopping +30%), and I was thinking about it. That would basically allow me to conquer Arcania almost effortlessly. But it turned out dice were in my favour today.

Now for the kingdom defence and my odds:
Arcania 80% - 40% (30% initial + 10% S)
Ecclesia 70% - 40% (20% initial + 20% RT)
Nocturne 60% - 40% (20% initial + 20% RT)
Roza 70% - 40% (10% initial + 20% RT + 10% S)
Seille 30% - 40% (10% initial + 20% RT + 10% S), conquered effortlessly. Honestly, I'm not sure why I need that shitty kingdom.
Vidal 50% - 20% (10% initial + 10% S)
>>
>>43986535
Well, it looked so cool at first glance, but turned out a rolling game instead of a normal CYOA, not my cup of tea.
>>
>>43986535

Hm, it looks like you can get control of 5 Kingdoms with tribute from a 6th guaranteed. Pretty good quality of waifu.

Numbers: 1-5

Targets:
Ecclesia 70 - Magical Ice
Roza 70 - Crops
Seille 30 - Services
Nocturne 60 - Medicine

With this structure you get at least one kingdom from each region, and no intervening areas where your influence wanes. Hopefully it's possible to connect them all via land, possibly via minor landswaps with neighboring kingdoms. With access to ice for armaments, crops for provisioning, Roza's breadbasket populace and medicine to minimize casualties, our kingdom should be a very formidable military force even if completely cut off from the outside world. Seille is scenic and a great place to visit.

Total Required 230

Base 100
Alliances 60 - Ally everyone except Seille
Focused Invasion 40
Empowerment 30

All invasions 100% successful.

2 Blessings leftover -> +2 Gifts

Marry Eerie - Quality waifu, extremely competent ruler, gain control of the cultural / philosophical hegemon of the continent. She's also extremely rich, which will hopefully allow for some Bread & Circuses to keep the populace sated.

Ask Arcania for Tribute - She seems quite amenable to paying us off, so let her think she's succeeded.

Corrupt The Ice Queen - Way too dangerous / unstable of an ally to keep around, and she's also among the most personally powerful of the rulers available, given her vast intelligence and magical power. The people of Ecclesia shouldn't overmuch mind their tyrant's unconditional loyalty to us if she becomes more reasonable overall.

Prosperity - From prosperity flows both health & peace, so this is probably the best option with limited Gifts. Improving trade and diplomatic links will set the stage for eventual unification, and dissent should be short-lived in the face of our personal power, Eerie's capable administration, and the massive wealth that will accrue to supporters of our regime.
>>
File: lich_by_aazure_dragon-d4631v7.png (650 KB, 888x800) Image search: [Google]
lich_by_aazure_dragon-d4631v7.png
650 KB, 888x800
>>43989500
I had decent chances (either 50% or more) for all of those kingdoms except Vidal, which was a long shot. I rolled lower on everything except the last one, and used a reroll to get that sweet 1/2 chance and win it.

Gifts:
Domination - an obvious choice with my power.
Prosperity - wealth can come and go, but long-term investments are always more profitable in the end (and I'm here to stay). Especially coupled with unification. Basically, with my conquests I have the best magic support in the world, a shitton of grain to feed everyone in the world, best medical services (including healing magic), a ton of enchanted ice, the main trade route between the Frostlands and everything else, and... Services? (I still don't know why I conquered that kingdom, don't ask)

All I have to do is wait for the benevolent king of Mariq to die of old age to initiate phase 2 - total economical domination, coupled with arcane warfare. Soon the world will be mine.

In retrospect, damn, those were some lucky dice rolls. I don't think this build is very efficient. Next time I would probably use Retaliate instead of reroll.
>>
>>43988709
Pheonix [5/5]
>Magic[4/5]
>Other Magic (Day Vampire) [1/5]
>Appearance (Change human body to look more... svelte) [0/5]
>>
>>43989500
Big gambler, nice. Did you win all rolls? That's realy lucky.
>Honestly, I'm not sure why I need that shitty kingdom.
Well it is a beautiful, but small kingdom in heavy debt. So, unless you pick Wealth or something, it's a slight hassle. Speaking of Wealth, what are your chosen gifts?
>>43989628
Oh there's your other post. I like your gifts, good to think ahead.

>>43989552
That's okay, I tried something new! You don't have to roll though.

>>43989556
Great build. You can corrupt anyone if you have corruptor by the way. But I am not sure how each of your alliances will work out.
>>
>>43989556
But how did you split your power, fellow alternate reality conqueror?

Did you leave enough of it to yourself?

Shouldn't you worry about your empowered allies betraying you?
>>
>>43989831

Oh, that makes it even more useful. In that case, I don't need to rely on my allies at all, after I've won I can just corrupt them to be wiser, kinder, better rulers that are unquestionably loyal to me alone.

>>43989860

We split it this way to distribute our 230 power for guaranteed victory:

Eccelesia - 70 vs [20 Ally + 10 Focus + 10 Empower + 30 Base]
Roza - 70 vs [20 Ally + 10 Focus + 10 Empower + 30 Base]
Seille - 30 vs [10 Focus + 20 Base]
Nocturne - 60 vs [20 Ally + 10 Focus + 10 Empower + 20 Base]

30 + 30 + 20 + 20 = 100, so we have spent all our power with perfect odds of victory.

I figured with myself, the wife, and the Ice Queen we would have more than enough personal power to enforce our rule, and our rule should be both benign and competent enough not to cause any serious unrest. But now that I've learned Corruptor is multi-use, that's not even a problem.

The only thing that I intend to keep an eye out for is Arcania's leader. Her attitude and nation flavor text implies either that she was the one who [willingly?] unsealed us and wants us to win, or is trying to avoid being crushed by us long enough to attempt a re-sealing. The mystery box of her eye certainly implies something going on with the plot there. Hopefully the intelligence and wisdom of Ice Queen and Eerie will help me unravel that.

I do also have a build that maximizes my personal power while keeping many of this one's benefits -

1-2

Targets
Ecclesia
Arcania
Nocturne

Marry Eerie
Tribute Roza

Focused Invasion, Crush Arcania (70 + 10 Focused), Overwhelm Ecclesia (70 + 10 Focused), Ally Nocturne (30 + 20 Ally + 10 Focused) = 100% success rate

This build does get one more Gift than my preferred one, but I strongly prioritize holding both Ecclesia and Rosa - a held Ecclesia means an Ice Queen that works for me, by dint of corruption or alliance, and Roza is one of the best overall kingdoms to hold given its population size and critical breadbasket status.
>>
>>43990070
>corrupt them
>to be wiser, kinder, better rulers
I don't think you understand what the word "corrupt" means, anon.
>>
File: 1415635330.jpg (1 MB, 1500x2341) Image search: [Google]
1415635330.jpg
1 MB, 1500x2341
>>43986535
Okay, I am off to bed, I will answer more questions tomorrow. I've seen some speculation about lore. Keep em coming! Good night everyone.
>>
>>43988021
What are the numbers next to the pictures?
>>
Post power armour cyoa
>>
>>43986535
Split my power into 10, 10(15)% each

Blessings:
Divide and conquer
Pretty much a no brainer. Turning my 10% to 15% is like multiplying my power by 1.5.
Cataclysm
It seems like hostile environments is where I conquer, mostly.

Blessings:
Health
Prosperity
My people will realize that "Hey, ever since that guy conquered us, everything has gotten better."

Kingdoms:
Rath (Success!)
My first kingdom. It is vast, but seemingly unimportant. Though noticeable, people won't really care if I conquer it. The people seem like they would be resistant to change, so, I'll let them rebel, send all my guards away, and kill all the rebels myself. Because fuck you. It will be merely to cement my name as a conqueror.

Seille (Success!)
Though considerably more famous than Rath, people will realize that, sooner or later, it had to have been conquered. With the moderate wealth from Rath, I will pay as much of the debt as I can. The people will love me. I will strip the nobles of their land and titles, give them a small penchant, and let them live the rest of their life in safety.

Myst (Success!)
Conquering this is the easy part. Everything else is going to be a little more difficult. I'm probably going to keep this conquering secret for a few months. How, you ask? Simple: puppets. I'm going to first, convince the noble that I'm the best hope for this country, then, I'm going to offer the order of shadows leader an "in" with the nobility, via me. When the noble is more high up, and I've conquered Nocturne, I'm probably going to, sorry, kill her. I'm going to make my conquering much less subtle now. In fact, I'm going to pretend I just conquered it. I'll kill several guards until they submit, and take my place as ruler. Now, I've got both a real army and an underworld.
>>
>>43990227
Nocturne (Success!)
Is this even a question? Ally with the child of the moon, conquer a hardy, kind people with advanced medical knowledge. The child will rule the Dusklands while I'm busy. This is where I come out to the world as the one who will rule it. Because fuck you.

Tusk (Failure!)
Tusk (Failure!)
Tusk (Success!)
Beastmaster go! I'll let the barbarian control my Frostlands while I'm not there. First, though, I'll best him in combat. In fact, I'll probably let him have beasts fight beside him. He'll realize just how above him I am, and fully submit. I'll sell them some of Rath's crops, for barely more than I bought them.

Rahai (Success!)
Naval power. Plus, someone to rule the Riverlands while I'm not there. Now, morally, I feel obligated to put some restrictions on slavery and slaves. Making it illegal would, in all likelihood, make them hate me. That's bad. I would also strengthen women, to achieve loyalty from half the population, making me an extremely beloved figure. Same deal from Rath, monopsony.

Ecclesia (Failure!)
Ecclesia (Success!)
This is what is really going to piss off the world. I rule what I believe is the capital of the Frostlands. I will not ally with the Ice Queen, it's my kingdom. Armor will be layered with the enchanted ice for my front lines, otherwise it's unimportant.

I control Rath, Sielle, Myst, Nocturne, Tusk, Rahai, and Ecclesia now, but using these, I'll control the world.
>>
>>43990240
>>43990227
Congratulations CYOA maker, this is the most effort I've put into any CYOA.
>>
>>43988709
>Magic
>Cross Magic
>Extra form

Celestial Elf
Light Elf magic
Red Dragon bonus
Vow of Dominion

Gonna study up on Power. And the soul. Then I'll merge my dragon and elf forms into one, gaining the strengths of both without splitting myself, and go fucking bananas. I'll blink around and stab people. Which people? All of them.
>>
>>43990115

The CYOA is pretty clear what Corruption does - allows you to dominate an ally or conquered ruler by altering their mind, body, and spirit to suit your needs. Absolutely nothing implies you have to make them evil, or worse, ineffective.
>>
File: 1449048967679.jpg (366 KB, 1411x1053) Image search: [Google]
1449048967679.jpg
366 KB, 1411x1053
>>43986940

Does IRC actually learn something or is this more of 'SDA's Ass Cancer' bullshit?

>Kid Win = Man Mode, apparently.
>>
>>43990413
Somebody said he picked a fight with the mob and ripped off his dealer, so he's gotta lay low somewhere in the mid-west and hope it blows over.
>>
>>43990152
Oh, snap! And I wanted to speculate about lore.

Let's start with little snippets of information that I noticed while skimming kingdom descriptions.

General observation: the "player" ruled the entire world a long time ago, and his/her/its choices affected its inhabitants. It's evident from some kingfom descriptions.

Eden: the land mirrors its ruler "fierly, lush, and intoxicating", and this can be explained by the simple fact that its ruler (or her ancestors) was your/some other "god's" chosen a long time ago. That's why she both has supernatural power over the land and her subjects. And that's why she wants to keep the secrets of the past sealed (you either were not very benevolent in the past, or she just wants the power for herself).

Ecclesia: the Queen "prophesized her demise", it means that she somehow knows about your return (maybe she participated in your summoning, but I find that unlikely).

Myst: a great videogame that along with its line of sequels revolutionized the adventure genre. In all seriousness, the assassin and the ruler girl is probably a single person. That would explain the relative political stability of the region.

Arcania: as the anon before me said, that lady's "fascination" with you might come from her ability to banish or control you. You have to be an exceptional magician to rule the kingdom of magic after all.

Nocturne: the fact that the princess starts to worship you from the moment she meets you makes it pretty evident that she considers you a relative of the godess of the moon. Thinking about it, Dusklands worship different gods that could've been your chosens/avatars in the past.
>>
File: 1449049031489.jpg (1 MB, 1861x2696) Image search: [Google]
1449049031489.jpg
1 MB, 1861x2696
>>43990413

>>43990424
>Some Anon said it
>well that's all the proof that I need
>>
>>43986535
marry into Mariq, eden, and arcania (3 gifts)

ecclesia 50 (conflict, hostile)
roza 50 (conflict)
nocturne 40 (conflict hostile)
myst 50 (hostile)

focuses effort
empowerment
conversion
retaliate

Ally with everyone.

ecclesia - invest 30, 100% chance of success
roza - invest 40, 100% chance of success
nocturne - invest 20, 100% chance of success
myst - invest 10, retaliate adds 30, 100% chance of success

well, I'm guaranteed 7 out of 16 and I've started my harem. Most gifts are worthless in terms of game mechanics.
>>
File: 1449049096818.jpg (854 KB, 1714x2300) Image search: [Google]
1449049096818.jpg
854 KB, 1714x2300
>>43990504

I guess nobody cares about this CYOA with bliss finishing his, but I didn't post my build in time last thread...
>>
File: 1449049161991.jpg (677 KB, 1566x1513) Image search: [Google]
1449049161991.jpg
677 KB, 1566x1513
>>43990547
>>
File: 1449049231555.jpg (881 KB, 1784x1067) Image search: [Google]
1449049231555.jpg
881 KB, 1784x1067
>>43990563
>>
>>43986687
This has probably already been brought up many times, but can I complete the Get Your Brother A Girlfriend quest myself?
>>
>>43988709
>Boons
Magic
Appearance
Money
Extra Form

Light elf and dark elf. Make both elf forms female. Use appearance to make dark elf form look like a young girl version of light elf form. I got magic, money, 2 age versions of my elf form. Yeah, let's do this.
>>
>>43990413
>>43978055
>>43982188
>I'd love to see your build, I'll post mine as well.

Awesome.
Sadly a lot of it is similar to what has already been posted.

Mode: Kid Win
Name: Vladislav Kuznetsov
Codename: Blue Oni

Powersets:
> -2 Major Mover
> -3 Augmented Major Shaker
Basically this is one time control set of powers augmented for versatility, giving me more leeway in how I use it besides accelerating myself x4000 and freezing my enemies in a Time Stop. For example I can throw a Frozen Time Shell around myself to block attacks.

> -3 Augmented Major Thinker
Augment allows me to search for a combination of Stepping Stones that advance my long term goals the most. I am also experimenting with using my Time powers to let me see further into the future.

> -3 Augmented Major Trump
Augmented to allow me to experiment with mixing and matching powers that I have a reason to think are possible. I am particularly interested in powers that permanently affect the world or create something. Tinker Powers being the obvious example, Dauntless's magic items, etc.

> -2 Mental Fortress
I have had my mind shattered, scraping the pieces together was a hellish struggle that never seem to end. Thankfully I have learned a lot from that experience.

> -2 Temporal Ghost Perk
The World seems to ignore my existence, almost as if it rejects me as something that doesn't belong.

> -1 Hero's Legacy
> -1 All According to Plan
Taylor's Life is Suffering, but my reincarnation caused the world to be different, hopefully for the better, and by trying to help I don't accidentally derail the plot.

Complications and story in a bit, dinner calls.
>>
File: punisher.jpg (158 KB, 584x549) Image search: [Google]
punisher.jpg
158 KB, 584x549
>>43990424
>tfw your cyoa waifu is killed by the mob
>>
>>43986535
Oh, this got finished? Great!

>3 Numbers - 60%, 20%, 20%

>Overwhelm
>Retaliate
>Crush Morale
>Rising Tensions

>Marriage
>Tribute

>Ecclesia: 60%
>Crush Morale 120%
>Rising Tensions 140%
VICTORY - 70% REMAINING

>Overwhelm: Nocturne 70%
>Rising Tensions 90%
VICTORY - 30% REMAINING

>Seille 20%
>Rising Tensions 40%
VICTORY - 10% REMAINING

>Roza: 20%
>Retaliate 50%
>Rising Tensions 70%
VICTORY - 10% REMAINING

>Eden - Marriage
VICTORY?
She seems to be the only one who can bind me, so this is pretty much required.

>Arcania - Tribute
VICTORY ?
This will not end badly, no sirree. Not one bit.

End total: 3 of the 4 top cities nominally under my thumb somehow, three more completely conquered. A total of 50% power remains to quell uprisings and potentially expand later.

How'd I do?
>>
>>43988613
That allows you to take two kingdoms guaranteed, but you can't ever take more than two because you can only perform the carry-over once.
>>
>>43988709

>Dark Elf

>Magic
>Cross Magic (Celestial elf)
>Haven
>Money

Gonna invest my million into making my safehouse comfortable, then use the rest to live off of. Extra Form and Appearance are tempting, but as an elf I already get to design my appearance and it can't closely look like my normal shape, so I'll make due with that for a while. For the focus of my celestial magic, I'll go with "Change", this should give me shapeshifting abilities, covering more than what Extra Form or Appearance could possibly grant, as well as giving me access to alchemy, shifting the forms of others, literally anything really. All forms of magic inevitably result in some form of change or another, after all. Maybe I could uplift others, or strip enemies of their abilities in time. Perhaps divinity would be within my reach. At the very least, I'm sure I could change my very nature so I no longer rely on dreams for sustenance, though maybe I could bypass that anyway by becoming human, eating normal food, then returning to my elf form. At least I hope by "basic needs such as nourishment, which persist between forms" means I just need to pick one way or another to feed at regular times. Things might get pretty expensive if I have to make sure I consume enough in each form that I don't starve to death.
>>
>>43990886
But if your concept is true Change, when you use it you will cease to be a Celestial Elf and will be unable to change back. Think carefully on your use of the Magic...
>>
>>43990980
Not him, but as far as I can tell, magic doesn't seem to be inherently tied to physical form. And even if it was, he could eventually Change it so that it wasn't.
>>
>>43990980
>implying all change is unbound and unlimited in any way
>Implying spells would be cast without carefully controlling them

I don't think things work the way you think they work. Besides, if they did then those who chose a theme of "love" would become the concept of love itself upon casting a spell, those who chose "music" would become music itself, and those who chose "Freedom" would become Americans.

All of that is irrelevant anyway, as I chose to be a dark elf with access to celestial elf magic. Access to the magic doesn't give access to the form, and for that matter I don't believe Extra Form would grant access to the cousin races of your magical form. From how I read it, if I had taken it I would have received access to another Dark Elf form of my own design, as per how elvish forms work, or a new human form, also likely one I'm given at least some say in appearance, though that's just speculation.
>>
>>43991083
You act like unintended consequences of magic and science aren't major themes of fantasy and science fiction. Very well, I'm not here to rain on your parade - just beware!
>>
>>43990643
>Marrying an ultra intelligent woman who's good with magic
You dug your own grave.
>>
>>43990598
Well, let's be fair here. He *did* rob them. Allegedly.
>>
>>43991342

No he robed his dealer to pay off his gambling debt to the mob, only the merchandise was bad.
Allegedly.
>>
>>43986535
Does anyone know what font this brilliant man is using? Please, I'm dying
>>
Rolled 59, 2 = 61 (2d70)

>>43986535
Alright, I'll try my hand at taking over 4 of the 6 strongest realms in the game with no rolls having less than 85% odds in my favor.

>1-5 Numbers.
Split at 50, 30, 20
>Blessings [4]
Sabotage, Focused Effort, Rising Tensions, Overwhelm
>Gifts [2]
Marriage, Prosperity

Start:
Seille: 30 vs. 90 [50 Base + 10 Focused Effort + 10 Sabotage + 20 Rising Tensions + Overwhelm] Automatic Win.
Arcania: 80 vs. 80 [60 Overwhelm Remainder + 10 Sabotage + 10 Focused Effort] Automatic Win.
Ecclesia: 70 vs. 60 [30 + 10 Focused Effort + 20 Rising Tensions]
Rosa: 70 vs. 60 [20 Base +10 Focused Effort + 10 Sabotage + 20 Rising Tensions]

>Marriage: Eden

If this works, I've got the magic of the Ecclesia, Arcania, and Eden, the technicians of Seille and the breadbasket that is Rosa.
>>
File: idi.gif (4 MB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
idi.gif
4 MB, 298x224
>>43992172
lol wut
>>
>>43986631
A
>>
>>43988576
>Is there a newer version of this anywhere?
Nope. AFAIK, the anon in question disappeared from the boards following some girlfriend-related drama, and hasn't been seen since. There's a screencap of the last sighting floating around somewhere, but I can't be bothered to dig it up.
>>
PokemonTCG CYOA v4 when
>>
File: MetaCYOA.png (74 KB, 823x800) Image search: [Google]
MetaCYOA.png
74 KB, 823x800
>>43986631
A

Also
>not posting this instead
>>
File: wallhaven-274488.jpg (782 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-274488.jpg
782 KB, 2560x1600
>>43986535
Kingdom Crusher

Invested:
1-8 Numbers: 20%, x20%, 15%, 15%, 15%, 15%

Blessings:
Intrigue +10%
Sabotage +10%
Empowerment +10%

Gifts:
Marriage
Prosperity

Kingdoms:
Arcania
80% - 30% - 5% Conquered
Nocturne
Marriage Success
Eerie
70% - 30% - 8% Conquered
Roza - Ally
50% - 35% - 10% Conquered
Myst
50% - 30% - 26% Conquered

Caer
60% - 30% - 46% Retreat
Ecclesia
70% - 35% - 69% Retreat

Fuck this took too long....

So I failed to claim Caer, tried to get a foothold in the highlands as well but failed except for Roza but its weak at its current state.

So I have more or less united the dusklands since at this point the foolish king in Solsteir is nothing anyways.

The secrets of the arcane can now be researched and expanded upon by everyone within my borders.
Most mercenaries are sent to Roza in preparation for war and the assassination of the Mariq royal family will be set in motion as well.

Picking the moonchild is risky but her powers origin can be examined. weather she killed her family or not and if it can be reverse-engineered.

Hopefully the kingdom of Rath will be present as allies by the time war begins and my forces in the dusklads storms the highlands.
>>
>>43986535

Numbers: 4

Blessings:
>Warfare: +10% against military rule
>Focused Effort: +10% for all invasions
>Crush Morale: Double investment in one kingdom
>Conversion: Exchange 1 blessing for 1 gift

Gifts:
>Prosperity: Construct roads, increase trade, diplomacy and unification of kingdoms
>Marriage: Marry a suitor
>Domination: Exert iron fist after conquering.

Targeted Kingdoms:
>Tusk [Frostlands]: Military, known for pillaging, raise beasts
>Rath [Highlands]: Military, rebellious population, exports lumber
>Rahai [Riverlands]: Military, seafaring people, capture slaves
>Solsteir [Dusklands]: Military, religious fanatics, expert blacksmiths

Marriage Alliance:
>Mariq [Highlands]: Monarchy, successful economy, gemstone deposits
>>
>>43992750
You'll notice all the targeted kingdoms are ruled by the military. This actually works out very well on multiple levels. First and most obvious is the +10% Warfare bonus, but that is arguably the least beneficial aspect of all military kingdoms. More important is the Domination gift; these are all societies used to a strong man dominating. Displaying my authority immediately after taking control is vital to quickly begin consolidating my stretched holdings. Sweeter still is that, in one fell swoop before my power is weakened, all the warmongerers - and their armies that could potentially destroy the armies later protecting my weakened self - are taken out of the picture. The only notable army that remains is Mariq's [and possibly Myst's mercenaries].

And it just so happens that Mariq is a literal, and figurative, goldmine. It's almost too good to be true; Mariq is a monarchy. There is no male heir. A brilliant but aging king who likely sees his life work falling apart upon his death. I marry his eldest daughter, I'm suddenly soon to be king. It doesn't even matter if I'm a token king and the queen is the real ruler; I already have four kingdoms to rule, I just want an ally, or at worst someone not my enemy. If I'm real lucky the king will live long enough to possibly teach some of his tactics to me. There's even the chance that my ascension to the throne after conquering four kingdoms would intimidate them enough that they'd think twice about breaking all ties from Mariq's grasp.

If everything falls into place, I'd have easily the greatest economy in the world; potentially 7 kingdoms linked together through trade. Lumber from Rath to construct a massive navy for Rahai; metal from Solsteir to outfit my army, trained animals from Tusk to form a cavalry. Gemstones from Mariq to grease the wheels [particularly Solsteir and Rath, whose populations might still cause trouble] and buy off Myst's mercenaries.
>>
File: Prison 1.6.png (3 MB, 1281x1401) Image search: [Google]
Prison 1.6.png
3 MB, 1281x1401
My schedule is still hell, but I do have the occasional hour here and there to manage to work on things at a rather glacial pace. Currently trying to use the excel knowledge I've picked up to use it as a stand-in for a real graphics program.

Thoughts and feedback on the current layout idea?
Would also love for thematic images if you've got any in mind, as finding them is one of the easier but more time consuming parts of all this for me.
>>
>>43992774
The only real problem I see is not getting greedy and trying to foolishly take on the entire world later. Antagonizing three expert wizards could end badly.

Overall this CYOA was a lot of fun. Thanks for making it!
>>
File: giphy.gif (3 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3 MB, 480x480
>>43992784
HYPEHYPEHYPE!!!
>>
>>43992795
Yeah its time consuming but never dulls especially by the endproduct.
>>
>>43992221
>>43992688
A + B
>>
>>43990413
>>43990504
>>43990547
>>43990563
>>43990571
Eidolon Mode - Because why not?
Major Power: Shaker (4)
Major Power: Brute (2)
Major Power: Trump (0)
Minor Power: Brute (-1)
Augmented Power: Trump (-2)
Mental Fortress (-4)
Temporal Ghost (-6)
Power Immunity (-8)
Asimov - Help People in Need (-6)
Enemy: Slaughterhouse Nine (-4)
Enemy: Endbringers (-1)
Minor (0)

Step 1: Kill all the Endbringers. I'm immune to their instant kills, and I can find their cores and destroy their cores easily.
Step 2: Slaughter the Slaughterhouse. Jack won't even be a challenge. Crawler gets a Bakuda bomb. Siberian gets Stung until Manton dies. The rest fall.
Step 3: Free Dragon. Use Richter's genius to fix her.
Step 4: Start implementing Accord's plan. Every little bit helps.
Step 5: Start working on our big golden problem. I know how to use Sting to disrupt him, I can swap around powers to do whatever I need, and he has no way to figure out what's coming until it happens.
>>
>>43992784
Can't even read the text.
>>
>>43993056
Then why not just use PtV to make Bonesaw defect? That'll probably make Manton a nonthreat too since he's basically using her as a surrogate for his own dead daughter
>>
>>43992784
MY BODY IS READY
>>
>>43992218
Just ignore him anon..
>>
File: 1447979134674.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1447979134674.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43990192
>>
>>43993473
Well, he's got a head full of entity shards. It makes sense that he'd go for the path that maximizes conflict.
>>
File: Prison 1.6.png (3 MB, 1276x1600) Image search: [Google]
Prison 1.6.png
3 MB, 1276x1600
>>43992810
>>43993526
Keep in mind, my work pace is such that bonsai gardens look a bit frantic.

>>43993382
Are any of these variations any better? I don't have any issue reading it, hence the request for feedback.
>>
>>43992894
>>43993677
>>43993751

Ok, so I'm in the Space Opera CYOA with OP power armour I can build with double points. This is gonna be good. I'm at work at the moment so I'll write it up a bit later on.
>>
File: 1447613895550.gif (508 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1447613895550.gif
508 KB, 500x281
>>43992172
>SocJus

I don't know if that abbreviation makes them sound more threatening or more ridiculous. It doesn't have the same fluidity of NatSoc to be honest, but it does have a certain canter to it.
>>
File: slender_by_rhinoting-d5boh63.jpg (613 KB, 700x991) Image search: [Google]
slender_by_rhinoting-d5boh63.jpg
613 KB, 700x991
>>43992784
>>
>>43992172
Motherfucker are you back? I thought you got banned
>>
>>43993770
>>43992784

You're back!

And you brought my favorite world with you!
>>
>>43986535
>>43989556

Here's another build, optimized for magical might and safety. I vastly prefer the aesthetics of the Ice Queen to Eden's ruler, but needs must. Arcania, Eden, and Nocturne clearly have supernatural mysteries about them and the risk of being re-sealed cannot be tolerated. Conversely, the Ice Queen is powerful but more concerned with her own survival than anything else. The other kingdoms seem to lack serious magical firepower, relatively speaking, with mysteries that tend towards the political rather than the supernatural.

Numbers 1-2

Targets

Eden 80 [90 Invested, Crush Morale = 180, 100 remainder]
Arcania 80 [Overwhelm 100]
Nocturne 60 [10 Invested, 20 Ally, 30 Retaliate]

Blessings Used: Overwhelm, Crush Morale, Retaliate, +2 Gifts

Gifts:

Marry Eerie
Tribute Mariq
Corruptor
Prosperity
Healthy

This forms an extremely defensible contiguous block that bestrides the entire southern hemisphere like a colossus. With 3/4th the Dusklands kingdoms under my thrall, the 4th is unlikely to last long against a mundane invasion. Additionally, I retain a full 90% of my initial power. The fact that I singlehandedly overwhelmed the two magically strongest kingdoms with sheer might should further deter any military ambitions against me.The combined benefits of Eerie's inheritance, Mariq's Gemstone Tribute, the Propserity Gift, and the Healthy Gift should transform my kingdom into a veritable utopia of economic (and thus magical) might.

More importantly, Corrupting the rulers of Eden, Arcania, and Nocturne and laying bare their secrets will ensure no magical conspiracies from that quarter. I can further utilize their services, now that they are unshakably loyal, to ferret out and deflect any magical opposition in the future. After I unite the Dusklands, I can push into the divided Riverlands with Eden as the mother of all strategic staging grounds, and a tribute-weakened Highland facing internal dissent can do little until it's too late.
>>
>>43992784
Huh, someone said you might've died. I need to stop believing shit I read on 4chins. Welcome back, glad to see you're alive.
>>
>>43993770
Darken the text backgrounds, the image/texture backgrounds behind them are way too noisy and similarly coloured to the text. Old font colour was better. Get rid of the stroke around the text.

It's probably better to go with dark text backgrounds and bright-coloured text.
>>
File: 1445372892180.png (144 KB, 435x443) Image search: [Google]
1445372892180.png
144 KB, 435x443
Ok
I need some thoughts on this skill tree or whatever they call it

There's three columns and each column has four rows of levels. First column is command the second is research and the last is defense. The first row in each column is the base row, everyone gets that level for free. But if they want to upgrade to the next row in whatever column then they will have to spend a point.

The player only gets 4 points to spend; this isn't a big skill tree. Can anyone see any flaws in this skill tree/give me advance on how to make a more balance skill tree?
>>
File: Prison 1.6.png (6 MB, 1345x3901) Image search: [Google]
Prison 1.6.png
6 MB, 1345x3901
>>43993909
Thank you.

>>43993986
Prison was first, and shall remain so. I never really left, just got sidetracked by life.

>>43994446
Surgery for an Inguinal Hernia, then life, then the current issue of 11-14 hour work days, 6-7 days a week.

>>43994730
Like so?
>>
>>43995007
That seems fine as long as everything is balanced.
>>
>>43995159
Each level will allow the player to have access to a new set of comrades, items, or weapons
>>
>>43995007
Seems interesting. I'd probably need to see a working model to give you an accurate judgement.
>>
>>43995782
I might have something within the next two days
>>
>>43995023
Perks cost points again now?
>>
>>43995023
Much better, but the text is still relatively hard to read. Legibility should be perfect, but I guess I can't force you to change it.
>>
>>43988941
>You will be married and rule together.
Does marriage count as invading a kingdom (as in, can I ise the blessing that needs you to invade four or less, and invade four + marry one)!
>>
>>43986535
Good job Anon, extremely cool cyoa!
May I request the original pics of Roza's, Arcadia's and Nocturne's rulers?
>>
>>43986631
B
>>
>>43986535
I keep all my power (5 blessings, 3 gifts).

Blessings:Rising Tensions, Intrigue, Conversion (Health, Peace, Wealth)
Gifts: Prosperity, Marriage, Foundation
Kingdoms: marry the most prominent suitor from each

>my womb is ready
>>
>>43997054
I'm pretty sure it's - a - kingdom's suitor that you can marry, not all at once.
Plus why take Rising Tensions and Intrigue if you ain't invading nothing?
>>
>>43986535
I'd love it if you'd highlight which Kingdoms you can marry your way into.
>>
>>43997150
most things that can only be used once say "One time use" right off the bat. Don't push your monogamy on me, I'm a goddess!

>why take Rising Tensions and Intrigue if you ain't invading nothing?
Gotta spend those blessings on something. None of the remaining gifts are my style and those are the two blessings that seemed most useful to me going into an unknown future.
>>
Rolled 50 (1d60)

>>43986535
>Focused Effort
>Overwhelm

>Conversion:
Health, Prosperity, Marriage, Peace, Tribute, Foundation

>Tributary Kingdom: Rath
>Married Kingdom: Mariq (gotta promise the old man I'll take care of his precious daughters)

>1st Invasion - The Necessary Burden
Roza, 70+10, Overwhelm, 10% remains.

>2nd Invasion - Well What Could Go Wrong
Caer, 30+10

>3rd Invasion - Just for Keks
Seille 10+10
>>
Rolled 27 (1d30)

>>43997195
Well fuck you too, dice
>>
>>43997188
Only the blessings say one time use, the gifts say "one" or "a".
That said, it's okay to houserule for fun, I was just pointing it out.
>>
>>43997210
I, too, think it's pretty obvious that marrying everyone is not what the author originally intended. I hope my tone of writing conveyed adequate jocularity.

Although, for the sake of discussion, if "a kingdom" in gifts indicates a one time use, does that mean that Peace, Corruptor, or Domination can only be used once? Can these gifts be bought multiple times for uses on successive kingdoms? Why do Tribute and Smite say "one kingdom" instead of "a kingdom" - one would imagine that this is to emphasize the one-time use.

Just friendly discussion, please no bully.
>>
>>43997279
I figure that when he says "a kingdom can become uneasy" or as in the others' texts it refers to your realm in it's entirety, thus rendering the whole 'can only use once' moot. That or it really is usable once.

The other alternatives are the author wasn't consistent or that he actually made it a possibility to fuck your way to the throne like in Crusader Kings.
Or maybe it really is only usable once.
>>
>>43995023
I'm getting pretty hyped about the return of conduit.
I'm guessing the traveler and conduit choices are constant between worlds but the third option is unique to each one?
Or are there prisoners of for example the Bleak Fields too?
>>
>>43993056
>Step 1: Kill all the Endbringers. I'm immune to their instant kills, and I can find their cores and destroy their cores easily.

Dude, those assholes have the mass of a fucking galaxy. You couldn't take most of the body of one after concentrating enough energy to wipe India, and you expect to do something against them?

Anything bellow the original Worm CYOA can't expect to beat those fuckers. There's a reason of why only Scion could beat them.
>>
>>43997519
>pay up for the crossover
>get some universe that can rape the Endbringers a new asshole
>>
>>43994225
Can you only attack 2 kingdoms if you keep power yourself?
Everyone seem to do whatever...
>>
>NetherLord still hasn't been finished
kek.
>>
>>43986535
The two Myst chicks looks suspiciously the same and one of them frequently "disappears," leaving their subordinates wondering what they're doing.

Should I come to the obvious conclusion?
>>
>>43997559
Could Scion beat Superman?
>>
>>43997611
Not with the sun up there.
>>
>>43997611
Not him but most renditions of Superman, yes. Scion is really only weak against socialmancy and that's because for all his power he his actually really fucking stupid.
>>
>>43997581
You mean like >>43990452
did?
>>
>>43997611
Depends on the Superman.

Prime would probably rape him and the endbringers, silver age would make up powers as needed, and so on.
Meanwhile buzzcutman of steel would get rekt by even mid tier worm characters.
>>
File: 4705150-1332820183-The-A.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4705150-1332820183-The-A.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
How would this raging homossexual fare in the Worm universe, assuming he fully understands his power and isn't going to fall for that old "I just retract my punch at the last second" trick.
>>
>>43986631
A
>>
>>43997642
That last piece of dialog it's far too specific.
>>
>>43997698
Endbringers rape him. Scions does too. Probably Contessa and Eidolon can take him head on.

He probably obliterates the rest.
>>
>>43997698
There are many characters stronger than him. On one hand you've got guys that could just hijack his mind and make him kill himself, attack him and never be discovered, guys that can manipulate powers causing weaknesses in 'perfect' defensives, and other guys running around on Looney Tunes physics who aren't held down by much of anything.

Though on the plus side his power isn't a shard so he has that going for him. Depending on who he fights he might do very well or very, very poorly. He could probably take a majority of named characters with some chance but he's by no means the strongest.
>>
>>43997715
But you see, how else would you know the three vital pieces of information in that panel, namely that:
A) Supes has prudently flown far away from us, so we're safe!
B) the far solar system is being destroyed, so Supes's sneeze is super powerful as expected! and
C) the far solar system that Supes specifically chose is in a universe is long-dead - by a terrible space-plague, meaning Supes didn't do it - so he's both knowledgeable, prudent, and a super swell guy!
>>
>>43997747
>>43997731
Makes sense.
Still a very fun power, specially when he loses the range limit.
>>
>>43997756
Sasuga, comic writer-sama!
>>
File: tumblr_ll4225Uuyd1qf5nuso1_500.jpg (72 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ll4225Uuyd1qf5nuso1_500.jpg
72 KB, 500x402
>>43997698
>>assuming he fully understands his power
He rapes so hard it's not even funny?
>>
>>43997641
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>43997850

Doesn't he learn to manipulate magic and redirect teleportation in the 11th dimension, not just simple manipulation of Physics like rewriting somebody's mind and personality by manipulation of the forces inside their brain?
>>
File: cyoademigods.jpg (2 MB, 1867x9022) Image search: [Google]
cyoademigods.jpg
2 MB, 1867x9022
>>43997611
>>43997629
>>43997634
>>43997642
Hush, all of you. You'll summon The Thought Robot with that kind of attitude.
>>
File: behemoth.jpg (403 KB, 793x1100) Image search: [Google]
behemoth.jpg
403 KB, 793x1100
>>43986535
I like the idea of allying with other bad guys, they're sort of like minions but more wily and unpredictable.
Split up three ways for the 4 blessings and 2 gifts.
Origin: The first evil, original holder of all the power before he empowered his two offshoots. 50%
Hunger: The dragon, a creation and investment by origin to create a super weapon. 20%
Pride: A possessed native of the land, his ambition drove him to origin to bargain for power. 30%
Blessings:
Focused effort
Retaliate
Intrigue
Crush morale
Gifts:
Marriage
Foundation

Pride conquers Ecclesia by allying with the Ice Queen. It shouldn't shake things up too much, just a priminent citizen coming in to strengthen an existing regime. Although the Tuskan raiders might not need a justification for an invasion.
(30 + 10 for focused effort + 10 for Intrigue = 50)

Hunger attacks Mariq, after things look hopeless at first he comes back twice as strong and quickly crushes their morale
(20X2 for crush morale + 30 for retaliate + 10 for focused effort = 80, need to roll)

Fascinated and impressed by Origin's great magics, the ruler of Arcania marries him to secure a powerful bloodline.

If he succeeds in conquering Eden he might be able to bring its queen as a wedding gift. Victory isn't secure but his chances are reasonable.
(50 + 10 for focused effort = 60, need to roll)

This all happens in quick succession, rulers might be alarmed by the attacking dragon or unabashed invasions near their borders but before they can take up arms it is revealed that they are allied with each other and the ice queen, forming a power block with the four most powerful countries.
>>
>>43997932
Immortality -50
Need the instant respawn to keep looking for cubes.

Close Range Teleport -15
Best way to look for cubes efficiently with a 1km radius I can afford anyway.

Godly mind -10
Good for everything also less meditation time is great.

Ancient mysteries -25
This way I have a job to do, cant be killed while doing it or absorbed by the devourer.

Divine speed or portal maker, Gods eyes and unflinching courage are the first 40 points I strive for.

Did they make something else after this?
>>
Rolled 52 (1d90)

>>43998075
>>
Rolled 60 (1d80)

>>43998108
Well, Mariq is down. That was a pretty big chance too be honest. Eden is more strenuous.
>>
>>43986535
Divide by two
>Overwhelm
>Crush Morale
>Focused Effort
>Warfare
>Conversion

>Marriage
>Health
>Prosperity
>Tribute

>Conquest of Arcania
140+10 (Crush Morale 70x2) Vs. 80, 60 remaining, use Overwhelm
>VICTORY

>Conquest of Eerie
60+10 (overwhelm's remainder) Vs. 70
>VICTORY

>Conquest of Solsteir
30+10+10 Vs. 50
>VICTORY

>Marry: Nocturne
>Tributary: Mariq (give him promise of defending his daughters' claim to the throne)
>>
>>43986535
Know what would be fun?
If after a victory you could take a portion of the conquered's resistence as power to continue the conquest.
>>
>>43997894
Yes. He sheds the thin layer of "science" his power pretended to run on and becomes full blown magic. He doesn't need to rely on his on his brain or basic human sense to understand whatever he tries to manipulate because his (angelic) wings do all the work for him.
>>
>>43998101
Jesus so dumb this build is so much better

Immortality -50

Divine Guardian -15

Godly mind -10

Ancient mysteries -25

With this I got a creature that FLIES (giant bird form). Can change shape to aid me as a human, also can train me in any weapon it got any skill in which I don't as well.
>>
>>43998292
>>43997894
That is pretty fucking OP.
>>
>>43986535
>Hidden lore
In the frostlands there is the iceborn with vast magical potential.
In the riverlands the royal family have a strange intoxicating presence and possibly a history with demonic contracts.
In the dusklands the Child of the Moon has strange anti-life powers, although that doesn't seem to be an inherited trait.
>>
>>43997567

Overwhelm gives a free attack. That's the only way to attack three Kingdoms under 1-2. Of course, you can also subjugate an additional 1.3 Kingdoms with Marriage and Tribute.
>>
>all these fools who don't want 10 kingdoms for themselves

Do you even 1-10?

In all seriousness, it's a bad life choice.
>>
>>43998612
Maybe if there was a bonus that synergized well with it, but most of them are limited to 4 or 5 nations at a time.
And considering you only get two blessings...
The divide & conquer is really shit too, it does synergyze kinda, but it has nearly no impact on your odds.
1-10 is only ever used if you wanna pray for a statistical miracle and know the dice gods are on your side.
>>
>>43998612
>not having 5 strong kingdoms and letting everyone else collapse under their own futility

It's like you don't even want to profit from other people's misfortune
>>
>>43987651
same thing, just attempting to min/max a little with the blessings and power division
I'd have used Retaliate, but I much prefer the smaller kingdoms.
>1-2 numbers
5 blessings, 3 gifts
>Focused efforts
>Treason
>Rising tensions
Turn 2 blessings into gifts
>Wealth
>Peace
>Tribute
On Roza
>Marriage
On Nocturne
>Prosperity

Attacking Ell and Seille
>Ell
30% (base) + 10 + 10 - 40% = Win
>Seille
30% (base) + 10 + 20 - 30% = Win
40% power left.

Same deal: Marry 8/10 perfect vampire wife, get money from Vidal, smash Ell and Seille together and have perfect farming weather during the winter, and have plenty of power left to crush anyone that wants to fight us (though it sounds like power doesn't work that way)
>>
>>43998639
My first idea was the ultimate scrub build that would attack 10 kingdoms and reroll imminent failures. I actually captured one pretty strong one (Ecclesia) with a reroll, but nothing else. Probably the best thing you can do in 1-10 is use Rising Tensions/Divide and Conquer and Reset. But Divide&Conquer is shit, as you said, and any person who studied probability theory in university knows that it does fuck all for your chances. It just means that Bliss didn't study math.
>>
>>43998701
If you roll 1d90 for Meriq with 10 influence + 5 (D&C) your odds are 17% right?
>>
Rolled 912, 87, 652, 550, 950, 567, 714, 268, 378, 581 = 5659 (10d1000)

>>43986535
>>
>>43998683
Ok i dont get it how many kingdoms can you get when you split?

>>43998497
and if you take overwhelm and use it, can you get another blessing on the next kingdom? or is that bliss slot used up?
>>
>>43998757
Yes, and D&C gives you a straight out boost. It's even higher if you attack a shitty kingdom (from 33% to 50% for Seille, but who wants those useless poles anyway). What 1-10 build doesn't give, is a chance to be more successful than straight out 4-6 kingdom builds. Because even with reroll the chance of capturing at least 3 kingdoms is... Gotta count this shit. Well, it's really low. Point is, you have a pretty sloppy chance to get "big" kingdoms with a 1-10, and almost no chance to get multiple good ones (just roll for them 10 times, I wager you'll get a maximum of 2-3, and that's counting Seille), whereas as 1-5 or 1-8 you have a solid chance for 4-6 kingdoms, if not instant subjugation + marriage etc.
>>
>>43998757
16.66666[to infinity and beyond]%
The chances of taking Meriq with a reroll and 15 invested comes up to 30.5% based on these back of the envelope numbers.
>>
>>43998802
I assume the amount of kingdoms you can attack = amount of times you split up powers, and that tribute/dominate/marriage etc. don't count towards this.
They probably should, though
>>
Does anyone remember their HS/College probability? I'd like to know what the formula is for finding out the chance for
>If I attack 8 kingdoms, what's the chance of failing 6+ times and activating Reset
>>
Rolled 417, 852, 728, 65, 537, 932, 453, 958, 460 = 5402 (9d1000)

>>43986535
>>43986535
8x10
1x5
1x15
>Rising Tensions
>D&C

>Marry Meriq's
>Tributary is Arcania
>Prosperity

>Ecclesia (Ally): ru 700
>Nocturne (Ally): ru 875
>Roza (Ally): ru 700
>Seille: success
>Ell: ru 500
>Rath: ru 375
>Sopsteir: ru 300
>Vidal: ru 300
>Myst: ru 300
>Caer: ru 250
>>
>>43998997
I win seille, nocturne, ecclesia and ell. Good enough
>>
>>43998922
Maybe in the next update OP said they would.

And this "split" need some clarification in the cyoa since i see a few people taking however many kingdoms they can.
>>
>>43999067
Overwhelm makes it pretty clear that you can only take as many as you split.
>>
>>43999030
>>43998997
Woops I forgot RT means no alliance, fuck, I'd need to take the other one then, chances go down a lot and I probably only won 2 instead of 4
>>
Rolled 165, 135, 87, 248, 509, 789, 736, 232, 113, 266 = 3280 (10d1000)

>>43999112
>Ecclesia (Ally): ru 500
>Nocturne (Ally): ru 625
>Roza (Ally): ru 500
>Seille: 833
>Ell: 500
>Rath: ru 375
>Solsteir: ru 300
>Vidal: ru 300
>Myst: ru 300
>Caer: ru 250

Alright here we go, this time with accuracy!
>>
File: 1446180433348.jpg (28 KB, 364x720) Image search: [Google]
1446180433348.jpg
28 KB, 364x720
>>43999163
>>
File: 1416400814.jpg (1 MB, 1300x2165) Image search: [Google]
1416400814.jpg
1 MB, 1300x2165
I am back!

>>43991754
It's Century. It's a fancy font.
>brilliant
D-doushio.

>>43990227
>>43990263
>>43990240
Thank you. CYOAs are timewasters and I hope it was a good time you had playing it.

>>43990452
>>43997581
Oh my, that is some good speculation. Still I am sad nobody found the elephant in the room at the Highlands.
>Myst
Well played.
As for the rest, you are right about a few things. I don't wish to say more about the matter.

>>43990545
>marry into Mariq, eden, and arcania
Uh, just, no...

>>43990643
>How'd I do?
Hmm, I can see you choose your invasions accordingly with your, well, dick. That's okay though.

>>43992096
Excellent, this is how rolling should be. However, I'm beginning to see a trend of certain popular kingdoms.

>>43992690
I love the layout.
>Fuck this took too long....
Yeah, it's a big one. I did love writing it. Otherwise seems fine. Shame about Caer and Ecclesia, but that's the risk I suppose.

>>43992750
>>43992774
>>43992795
Now this is an excellent strategy - uninfluenced by greed or lust. You are the Tywin to my Westeros.
>And it just so happens that Mariq is a literal, and figurative, goldmine
Yes, this is exactly it. The only reason it's the highest resistance available, but marriage is an excellent alternative strategy. If only you know what I know though, that would make this a lot better. Just a hint then: read closely into Mariq and Caer. And thank you for the compliment.

To be continued.
>>
>>43999233
I thought the princessess might be his daughters but I disregarded it as I hoped there were more, I love harems.
>>
>>43999260
Who says you can't have harems? Just no royalty harems. There are a lot more inhabitants, you know.
>>
>>43999233
>Still I am sad nobody found the elephant in the room at the Highlands.
>Mariq = King's Landing?
>Roza = Highgarden?
>Caer = The Eyrie?
>Rath = Winterfell?
Shit.
>>
>>43999281
I legally changed my middle name to Rance, those royals better enjoy taking dark god dick or I'll make them
>>
>>43999324
>Maric = Westerlands/Lannister, I mean. The castle name threw me off.
>>
>>43999233
Can you post the original pic of Nocturne's queen?
>>
>>43999324
You are correct, but there's another one.

>>43999332
That's the spirit.

>>43999357

As for the other responses, I'll look and reply through them in a while. Other things are calling me. I will return!
>>
>>43999233
what font did you use for the title?
>>
>>43999332
Isn't that why everyone wants Seille, for their Dutch whores?
>also because with the right blessings, Overwhelming Seille can actually gain you power for your next attack
>>
>>43992688
I didn't realize there was an "update," I just wanted to post one of the oldest CYOAs I had in my folder.
>>
>>43992784
Not legible. text either needs a darker background and lighter letters or a stroke/drop shadow under the current letters to make them stand out. Or another color entirely that doesn't bleed into the background.
>>
>>43993770
Traveler is readable easier then the other two choics. The problem with the drop shadow on the last choice is it's too far away from the letters making it look blurry and harder to read but it's clearer then the middle text.
>>
>>43998993
the problem is that each attack has distinct probabilities of success. That means there are 37 ways to fail at least 6 times that have to be calculated individually.
>>
>>43999648
And then you have to remember set theory or you'll calculate some probabilities multiple times or something.
>>
>>43999233
>>marry into Mariq, eden, and arcania
>Uh, just, no...
are you saying the lore would screw me over, or that I can't take that gift more than once, or that you can't take gifts more than once generally?
>>
File: Overlord.jpg (187 KB, 850x1335) Image search: [Google]
Overlord.jpg
187 KB, 850x1335
>>43986535
Not sure I grasped this one's mechanics 100%, but I guess I can try being a Kingdom Fixer...

>1-2 Numbers

>Retaliate
>Crush Morale
>Rising Tensions

>Domination
>Smite
>Prosperity
>Health
>Foundation

>Immediately conduct a hostile takeover of Seille.
90% of investment power remaining.
>Depose royal family, but do not annihilate it.
>Begin my tyrannical reign of terror, instilling fear in all of my subjects.
>Claim a nice, quiet farm at the edge of the kingdom for myself using the gift of Foundation, make it my headquarters.
>Forcefully initiate projects and initiatives that will help stabilize the Kingdom economically in the long-term through the Gift of Prosperity, but do not advertise it.
>The populace of this Kingdom sounds a bit like a powder-keg, so I'll kick the hornet's nest to the point of initiating a proper revolution.
>Allow myself to be defeated, but not before successfully retreating back to my Kingdom with the threat of Smiting the whole place if they dare do anything funny.
>The populace will hopefully find themselves more united in their mutual struggle against the common enemy, and the constant threat that I will still pose will ensure that this sense of unity will last for a bit longer.
>If the people of Seille prove themselves to be as ingenious as they have proven in the past, they should be able to pick up on the tools I left them and turn their economic situation around. Whether the ruling class will be reinstated or not will be up to them.
>Their victory over the Kingdom Crusher will indubitably carry a certain amount of prestige when it comes to foreign relations, which might help their current reputation.
>Spend the rest of my days making a modest living at my farm, challenging anyone that still would bring me down with my ability to still take down at least two entire kingdoms with me.
>Grant further Health and Prosperity to anyone foolish enough to still work for me. Maybe even set up a family and eventually split my power.
>>
>>43999880
>90% of investment power remaining.
You can't use less than 30% with 1-2 numbers
>>
>>43999969
Dang, thought I'd done something wrong... I'm assuming that would be fixed if I switched Retaliate with Overwhelm, correct?
>>
>>43988709
>Celestial elf
Perfection.
>Magic
>Other magic
Gold dragon
>Money

My main magic will mostly be about enhancing myself, healing and to boost my charisma based magic to such a degree that no one can go against my will.
Conquering the world would be easy when you can get close to anyone to join you, and since betrayal isn't a real possibility it's possible to boost other magic users powers to insane degrees, so militarily nothing would be a threat.
>>
>>43999233
>If only you know what I know though, that would make this a lot better. Just a hint then: read closely into Mariq and Caer.
the current leader of mariq was the one to unify the highlands. He has daughters and the people of mariq will follow his bloodline. Caer unified with mariq through marriage, and is in a dispute between two sisters.

So using the marriage gift on Mariq likely gives you Caer for free and vice versa.
>>
>>43999233

Could you post Queen Ecclesia's full picture?

>>44000089

Given the younger princess' hair color and sudden popular support, she's probably the Mariq King's direct daughter and either 1) has his competence to explain her support or 2) bought her support with his backing and funds.
>>
>>43986535
The font in kingdoms descriptions is a bit too small.
>>
>>43997932
(50) Immortality
(25) Ancient Mysteries
(10) Divine Memory
(10) Godly Mind
(5) Divine Emissary {free will granted upon obtaining 100 additional points}

After obtaining 100 points via Ancient Mysteries:
(10) God's Eyes
(35) Ascended
(10) Gift of Tongues
(10) Master Orator
(10) Unflinching Courage
(5) Martial Prowess {sword}
(5) Artistic {music}
(5) Artistic {writing}
(5) Artistic {painting}
(5) Herald

I would become the world's greatest teacher and a pioneer for generations to come, not to mention demigods would naturally ally themselves with me. And, should I spot a mortal worthy of my boons, they may have them to do as they see fit.
>>
>>43999760
You can't take gifts more than once generally, and the point of marriage is being bound to a single partner, where your offspring will inherit your kingdoms.

>>44000089
>>44000194
Yes I will clear this up the secret is that the 2 girls at Caer are the daughters of the king of Mariq. See "his daughters", "monarchy", "arranged marriage" and "the big throne". Whoever wins gets Mariq after he passes, and whoever loses stays in Caer. Their conflict of whoever gets to rule is also the reason why the nobles are unsure of their power, and why there is a civil war coming. Little actions have big consequences.

But I won't reveal anymore secrets. After all, the difficulty of secret lore only ramps up the more you scroll down.

>>43999584
Basically. Seille is a good kingdom, small, but has a bit of a burden (it's economy).

>>43999582
FairyDust.

>>44000251
It's clear and readable to me. I didn't want it too big, since it's a LOT of text.
>>
>>44000527
Please make it obvious which Kingdoms I can marry.
>>
>>44000557
You can marry any of them, but only one.
>>
>>44000527
does that mean taking one by marriage *doesn't* give you the other for free? If you take both mariq and caer, does that resolve the civil war and win you the entire highlands?
>>
>>44000578
Do you think the old king of Mariq wants my young, boyish boy body?
Well, at least this means I won't have to listen to Angelanon whining if she can fuck one of the girls or not. Now she can just assume they all want her vagina.
>>
>>43990452
I really like this, the idea that everything related to magic/gods is related to you 10k years ago, and that the magical rulers interested in you either know this or have a good idea of this.
>>
>>43994225
The 1-2 numbers can't invest 10% - minimum is 30%. However, if you play around you can easily get those kingdoms easy.

>Marry Eerie
I see this a lot. Well, you'll be in for a surprise.

>>43996363
>Does marriage count as invading a kingdom
No.

>>43996549
The rest can be found in my previous posts.

>>43997054
>>43997188
You hold no lands, no kingdom. Just unused power. I guess if that's how you like to play then that's fine. However, fuck them all if you want. But marriage is sacred!

>>43997162
Pick any. All of them are suitors.

>>43997195
>dem rolls
Ouch.

>>43997279
>>43997314
Yeah gifts can only be bought once, and for a reason. Things like health, peace, prosperity, domination etc count toward all of your kingdoms.

>>43998075
>I like the idea of allying with other bad guys
I too enjoy that. Corruption is in a lot of my CYOAs for a reason... Bad girls are great.

>>43998161
>give him promise of defending his daughters' claim to the throne
I'd think he would rather ask you to marry one of them instead. Further the bloodline and all. What better future is there if the most powerful individual has children with a kingdom?

>>43998216
Feel free to make your own rules! I am all for fan-based projects. The most important piece of this CYOA was the worldbuilding and rulers.

>>43998349
>In the frostlands there is the iceborn with vast magical potential.
What is the prophecy about then?
>In the riverlands the royal family have a strange intoxicating presence and possibly a history with demonic contracts.
Good eye, but what happened in the past?
>In the dusklands the Child of the Moon has strange anti-life powers, although that doesn't seem to be an inherited trait.
Hmm, that's a little generally speaking.

>>43998612
>>43998639
I really should work on that. But I don't know how. Reset is already very powerful. Maybe I should make Divide and Conquer better.

>>43998645
Exactly? Best fun is at the expense of others.

TBC.
>>
Rolled 68, 21 = 89 (2d100)

>>43986535
>Division
1 - Black King (40%)
2 - Frost Knight Hol Frystverd (20%)
3 - Blaze Knight Ira Yengen (20%)
4 - White Knight Myr Geheit (20%)

>Blessings
Overwhelm
Crush Morale
Rising Tides
Conversion (into Prosperity)

>Gift
Marriage
Tribute
Prosperity (from Conversion)

>Marry into Mariq's royal line, end the Caer conflict issue. Pick the popular princess to lessen the outcries of the commoners.

>1st Invasion: Roza -70%
>Objective is to secure the second largest piece next to Mariq's to enforce our powerbase in the Highlands region
Black King leads the conquest.
Utilize Crush Morale + Overwhelm + Rising Tides
100 vs 50, SUCCESS
50 Remainder

>2nd Invasion: Vidal -50%
>Secure trade routes for our crops (and other of the Highlands' products) towards the Frostlands
Black King leads the conquest.
50 vs 50, SUCCESS

>3rd Invasion: Seille -30%
>Obtain this litte economical gem and more consumers for our food exports
Blaze Knight leads the conquest.
20+20 vs 30, SUCCESS

>4th Invasion: Nocturne
>Acquire their medical knowledge to improve both our citizens lifespans (which means more consumers) and to improve our own military's survival ability.
White Knight leads the conquest.
20+20 vs 60 -> d100, DC 66

>5th Invasion: Ecclesia
>The Enchanted Ice is a good boon both to our military and economic capabilities, specially if we can use it to improve Vidal's infrastructure.
Frost Knight leads the conquest.
20+20 vs 70 -> d100, DC 57
>>
>>43998683
Smaller kingdoms sometimes have a charm.
>(though it sounds like power doesn't work that way)
You always hold your power. It's just that you use it in that time period to conquer kingdoms. Are you going to use your wealth to pay off the debts of Seille?

>>43998701
>>43998757
>>43998813
>It just means that Bliss didn't study math.
If you can come up with a better plan, I'd love to hear so. I tried my best to balance it. The point of gambling and odds is, luck. I know it's not ideal, but I am really open to suggestions.

Either way, you could come out ahead with playing it risky. Risk.y.

>>43999067
>>43998922
>I assume the amount of kingdoms you can attack = amount of times you split up powers
Yes. I will try to clarify it.

>>43999880
This is a, unique, way of playing. Power to you my friend.

>>44000089
Again, congratulations on finding that out! Excellent. But Caer is technically a different kingdom, however you'll be allies.
>>
>>44001411
>I see this a lot. Well, you'll be in for a surprise.
Some kind of end of the days stuff?
>>
>>44001629
Well I guess sending the WHITE KNIGHT to fight in the DUSKLANDS wasn't such a good idea.
At least I got Ecclesia
>>
>>43989831
>You don't have to roll though
How would that work?
>>
Rolled 27 (1d60)

>>44001723
Only invade what you can take.

Example:
1-5
50/30/20
Bless: Rising Tension, Overwhelm, Retaliate, Crush Morale

Mariq: 90 x (50x2) WIN, used Crush Morale, then Overwhelm to get 10 extra
Ecclesia: 70 x (20+30+20) WIN used Rising Tensions and Retaliate
Seille: 30 x (10+20) WIN using Rising Tensions
Nocturne: 60 x (30+20) This is the only one you need to roll in this sample build
But the odds are really easy.
>>
>>44001641
>>43998683
I really like Ell and Seille. The nobles are twats and I'm doing a good deed by offering their heads.
Money from Vidal for not dicking them over + money from Roza through Tribute + able to grow crops during winter thanks to that item from Ell = shouldn't be too hard to move Ell closer to Seille, and pay off all their debts.
I don't want world domination, just happy peasants (and an 8/10 qt vampire).
If I could, I'dd use my 40% power to fuck over Solsteir, but I don't want their Kingdom, just for them to die and leave the vampires alone. Could easily swap any blessing for Smite, I guess. But that's not personal enough.
>>
>>44001411
I'm also curious about this.
>>
>>44001411
she obviously plays some backroom role in balancing the other celestial kingdoms. Probably has something to do with Nocturne and Solsteir burning themselves out. It's strange that she's described as being simultaneously young and experienced. It's explicitly stated that she has influence outside her own kingdom.

Does each region have a marriage option that lets you control the whole region?
>>
>>44001908
IT'S A TRAP
>>
File: Ron Paul Apocalypse.jpg (343 KB, 1292x1684) Image search: [Google]
Ron Paul Apocalypse.jpg
343 KB, 1292x1684
>>
>>44001863
>>44001723
Notice that if I changed Mariq to Roza and went
40/40/20 then I'd have no need to roll at all.
>40x2 = 80 - 70 = 10
>10 still wins me Seille
>the other 40 now can beat Nocturne.

Also notice that this means one Kingdom in each region is mine.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 352x558) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 352x558
>>43988709
>Phoenix
Boons:
>Magic
>Identity
>Money
>Extra Form: Unicorn Human Form

I don't like being stuck as little. I wanna grow up to be a gorgeous woman, so I'll age into it as a Phoenix. I'll wait out the first 30 years hiding in plain sight from the crazies that want to kill magical people. It won't be hard, after all I'm aging normally and have identification to avoid suspicion. I won't die of some disease or injury thanks to healing magic and I can even respawn once a day if I do die somehow, though this would be problematic if it happened.
>Hey, remember that chick from accounting? She got hit by a truck yesterday and apparently she had a daughter who looks EXACTLY like her

All in all though, I'd say my chances of lasting till the 30 year mark are good. I may be inclined towards aiding others too if they need a place to hide
>>
>>44001933
I know dubs can't lie, but that's would be too good to be true. Not convinced.
>>
>>44001629
So who are you going to marry?

>>44001651
>>44001908
I think your actions goes against her beliefs. She is religious after all. There is more to it, of course. Get theorycrafting. >>44001931 is in the right direction.

>>44001868
>The nobles are twats and I'm doing a good deed by offering their heads.
Yeah, I tried to mix up both good and bad. Nobody has taken the Noble offer yet though. Doesn't anyone want a piece of that? Hmm...
>>
>>44002042
Marry Mariq's qt3.14 white haired daughterfu.
Other daughteru is my ally in the region
Tributary would probably be... Rath?
>>
>>44002087
>>44002042
Oh wait Rath is in the Union.
Damn, the tributary could be Solsteir.
>>
>>44002042
>theorycrafting
Nah. I'm the kind of person who likes solid facts. I don't get the ambiguity and secret fetish you have and want no part in it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.