[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40k & 30k List Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: 1448638866375.png (172 KB, 523x328) Image search: [Google]
1448638866375.png
172 KB, 523x328
Rules and tactica discussion is encouraged.
Fluff and rumors are better suited to the General, so kindly check the catalog.
The 30K community is still small, but growing, so don't get discouraged if your AoD list doesn't get feedback.

>Rules of Thumb
1) If you post a list, please critique other lists, if you are familiar with other codices.
2) Type your lists cleanly. Lists with poor formatting are usually ignored. Picture versions or PDFs of lists *are* acceptable, but not encouraged, and will often be ignored as well.
3) Preferably, advice should be given from a place of experience, i.e.; don't give advice you haven't tried yourself.
4) Don't bump excessively either, as that will diminish the likelihood anons will respond.
5) Finally, it helps if you have a short description of how you intend to run your list. This also helps anons give better criticism, and will typically illicit swifter responses.

Helpful links:
>Rules database
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Babby's first guide to tactics
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Tactics
>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V4.pdf
>>
>>43978863
>>43976612
>>>43976612

>Not a RG thing.
RG Have the resources of an entire legion and own a small forgeworld. Even post heresy they could pump out a few things to cater to any job. Everything is an RG thing because they are a space marine legion. They prefer certain things yes, but if a line of vindis is the most efficient way to win a particular battle they won't handicap themselves by sending out two tacs and a meltagun just to keep their sneaky rep.

>Nothing to fight AV13/14
Lighting has tank hunter, strafing run, 4 S8 AP1 Armourbane missiles, and a TLLC.

The Xiphon has 2 TLLCs and a S8 AP2 Heavy 2 cluster warhead ML that forces reroll of successful cover saves.

The Rapiers dish out 12 S8 Sunder shots.

The Eagle has 2 TLLC

Then in a pinch theres 2 MLs, a HK missile, chainfists, and a meltabomb.

>Meltas on mor deythan to Fatal Strike vs ceramite.

Combi plasmas with rending will do better: ~3.2HP vs ~1.6HP

>Rapiers infiltrating
Rapiers crew are infantry, which get infiltrate.

>placing 10 flamer templates
Its very hard and require you to bunch up and stagger awkwardly if you are in optimal range, if not then youre stuck with wasting some shots.
>>
May as well save this thread from page 10.
>>
Posted in last thread, but didn't get any useful feedback. It's my first attempt at making a Chaos army. It's Nurgle themed and I plan to use to do a lot of summoning. My intention is to flood the field with Plaguebearers and Nurglings.

+HQ+

Typhus (warlord) 230

Daemon Prince of Nurgle (ML 3, Wings, Power armor, spell familiar, Black Mace) 355

Sorcerer (Mark of Nurgle, ML2, Chaos Bike) 120

+Troops+

30x Cultists (Plague Zombies) 150

9 Plague Marines (Meltagun, all VotLW, Icon of Despair, Champion w/ Gift of Mutation and Power Sword, Rhino) 269

+Fast Attack+

Heldrake (Baleflamer) 170

5x Chaos Bikers (Meltagun, Mark of Nurgle, VotLW, Champion w/ Power Sword) 171

+Dedicated Transport+

Rhino - 35
>>
>>43980567
You have too many HQ units. I'd cut Typhus and add some ranged firepower and a second Meltagun for the bikers.
>>
>>43978994
Aight you run what you want babe. All I was saying was to actually have some Decap Strikes
>>
>>43978994
>Rapiers crew are infantry, which get infiltrate.
true but the rapier itself dosent.lrn2logic
>>
>>43980567
New CAD rules don't allow 3 HQs, ever. Remove Typhus, replace Cultists with another Plague Marine crew. Typhus isn't worth those points. Oh and Nurgle Chaos Lord works better than Nurgle Chaos Sorcerer in terms of a Biker squad accompaniment he boosts the rest of the group while bringing some excellent damage himself.

>>43982556
He's been a bit stubborn since last topic about what he wants to run. Let him.
>>
File: 1449115094338.jpg (132 KB, 800x840) Image search: [Google]
1449115094338.jpg
132 KB, 800x840
Posted this in the last thread, but I didn't get any feedback. Is it too dense? Thanks for any advice you can give!

++ Tyranids: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1500pts) ++

+ HQ (280pts) +

Hive Tyrant (280pts) [Electroshock Grubs, The Norn Crown, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Wings]

+ Elites (480pts) +

Hive Guard Brood (170pts)
2 * Hive Guard [Impaler Cannon]
1 * Hive Guard [Shockcannon]

Venomthrope Brood (135pts) [3x Venomthrope]

Zoanthrope Brood (175pts) [Neurothrope, 2x Zoanthrope]

+ Troops (120pts) +

Hormagaunt Brood (60pts) [12x Hormagaunt]
Hormagaunt Brood (60pts) [12x Hormagaunt]

+ Fast Attack (245pts) +

Hive Crone (155pts)

Tyranid Shrike Brood (90pts)
3 * Tyranid Shrike [Devourer, Scything Talons]

+ Heavy Support (375pts) +

Biovore Brood (40pts) [Biovore]

Carnifex Brood (170pts)
2 * Carnifex [Adrenal Glands, Spine Banks, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms, Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms]
One with Spine banks, one without
>>
>>43982909
To me it looks fine, but idk I don't play Tyranids. You probably didn't get replies cuz Tyranis players are few and far in between. I only know my way around 30k Crusade Legions and CSM/Daemons while I have been using these topics to learn/better myself with Space Marines.
>>
How tricked out should a Legion Praetor/Warsmith be for Iron Warriors? I assume an Iron Halo is a must for the 4++, but what are some ok loadouts? I figure at least some kind of ap3 or ap2 weapon is handy.

Looking at running at least a block of bolter legionnaires, and two more troops choices to benefit from Hammer of Olympia. I really like the numbers that can be brought to bear with legion tacticals, but can I assume special weapons spam is superior?

The stuff I have available is mostly ghetto 30k stuff like BaC marines and 40k vehicles. I want to follow the IW siege theme as much as possible with vindicators and artillery over turreted tanks.
>>
>>43980567
Hmm. Honestly, I'm dubious of summoning spam, given how easy it is to peril when you're not a Daemon list. Mitigated somewhat by your flying ultra-prince, obviously, but personally I would consider trying to beef out your basic troops a bit just so you have more guys that can actually secure objectives who don't rely on potentially killing your HQ.
I love zombies, but this is a fast moving list. They're gonna wind up milling around near your deployment zone, rather than soaking up enemy assaults like they should, so I'd consider ditching them for another mobile attack unit of some kind.
>>
File: Nurglingses.jpg (221 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
Nurglingses.jpg
221 KB, 2048x1152
So i just picked up a bunch of nurgle deamons models and i have no real experience playing or playing against nurgle deamons.
Could anyone help me build a list that wont get completely stomped by everything with the models i have and give me some tips on what to ad to the army next?
This is what i got for about $340.
38 Plaguebearers of Nurgle
6 Plague Drones of Nurgle
1 Epidemius
1 Great Unclean One
1 Daemon Prince
1 Beast of Nurgle
1 Nurgle plague hulk
4 Nurglings
3 Deamon plague toads of nurgle
1 Lord of Plagues

I know the lord of plague is just a fantasy model but are there any 40k rules for the plague toads?
>>
Any feedback appreciated.

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1995pts) ++

+ HQ (165pts) +

Alexis Polux (165pts)
····Master of the Legion [The Stone Gauntlet]

+ Troops (800pts) +

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (400pts) [4x Flamer, 19x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
····Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (400pts) [4x Flamer, 19x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
····Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

+ Elites (420pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (90pts) [Legion Apothecary, Legion Apothecary]

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (165pts)
····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Laser Destroyer Array]

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (165pts)

+ Heavy Support (240pts) +

Legion Vindicator (120pts)

Legion Vindicator (120pts)

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Lord of War (370pts) +

War Machine Detachment (370pts)
····Legion Typhon Heavy Siege Tank [Armoured Ceramite]
>>
>>43984037
Thanks to Disciplined Fire Heavy Support Squads do MUCH better than Vindicators so replace. Same thing as they are more effective than Rapiers, too so take a Rapier out. Keep the Breachers if you are bent on running The Stone Gauntlet. For something more effective and fast paced replace them with Tacticals, and take a Veteran Tactical Squad. Oh, and don't forget, even though The Stone Gauntlet doesn't let you Deep Strike, you can still use Polux's special teleportation Deep Strike one squad rule.
>>
>>43983823
Okay, with this, my suggestions are:

Daemon Prince of Nurgle
-Greater Rewards: Balesword
-Exalted Rewards: Grimoire Of True Names
-Daemonic Flight
-Warp-Forged Armor
-Psyker Mastery Level 3 (Telepathy discipline)

Invisibility shenanigans makes this guy a straight up killing machine. Grimoire is always useful in a Daemons army.

Make your Great Unclean One the other HQ

Great Unclean One
-Psyker Mastery Level 3 (Biomancy spells)

Two Greater Rewards optional on the GCU. The Biomancy is essential for a truly unkilliable monster. Deep Strike him since he's slow as shit.

OR, instead of the Great Unclean One you can use Epidemus as your second HQ but he kinda sucks so if you have any converting skills you can convert, or trade, or sell him for a regular Herald of Nurgle.

For troops take two squads of 10-20 Plaguebearers. If you want one squad of Plaguebearers and one squad of Nurglings I recommend buying one more set of Nurglings so you got about 6-8 total they are amazing tarpits and objective secured guys.

For Fast Attack use all your Plague Drones they are awesome! Either two squads of three or one squad of six probably the two squads of three. Give each an Icon of Chaos to get the best out of Deep Striking the Great Unclean One and the Plaguebearers.

The Plague Hulk is a Nurgle Soul Grinder so fuck yes use him as Soul Grinders are the best Heavy Support you can get for Daemons.

Oh and I almost forgot about this rule, but you CAN run Epidemus, Great Unclean One, and Daemon Prince. If you make the Great Unclean One your Warlord, Daemon Princes become Heavy Support.
>>
>>43983823
Oh whoops I thought I wrote about the Beast but I didn't. Yeah use him he's also one of the best tarpits and you can Deep Strike him, too.

Oh and I didn't mention anything about the Fantasy units cuz I only know 30k and 40k sorry. Plague toads can maybe be converted to Nurglings and LoP a Herald? Not sure. Sorry don't know Fantasy.
>>
Made a Imperial Guard army list with Sororitas allies. I have very little idea wtf I'm doing. Advice appreciated.

++ Astra Militarum: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1015pts) ++

+ HQ (209pts) +

Company Command Squad (109pts) [Carapace Armour, 3x Veteran w/ Lasgun]
··Company Commander [Bolter, Camo Gear, Carapace Armour, Close Combat Weapon, Orders, Warlord]
··Officer of the Fleet [Close Combat Weapon]
··Veteran w/ Vox-caster [Lasgun]

Enginseer (100pts) [2x Servitor w/ Heavy Bolter, 2x Servitor w/ Servo-arm]

+ Elites (100pts) +

Ratlings (100pts) [10x Ratling]

+ Troops (351pts) +

Infantry Platoon (151pts)
··Infantry Squad [7x Guardsman, Guardsman w/ Flamer, Guardsman w/ Vox-caster]
····Sergeant [Close Combat Weapon, Laspistol]
··Infantry Squad [7x Guardsman, Guardsman w/ Flamer, Guardsman w/ Vox-caster]
····Sergeant [Close Combat Weapon, Laspistol]
··Platoon Command Squad [4x Guardsman w/ Lasgun]
····Platoon Commander [Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Orders]

Veterans (200pts) [Flak Armour for Squad, 6x Veteran w/ Lasgun, 2x Veteran w/ Meltagun]
··Chimera [Augur Array, Heavy Bolter, Multi-laser]
··Commissar [Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon]
··Veteran Sergeant [Close Combat Weapon, Laspistol]
··Veteran w/ Vox-caster [Lasgun]

+ Heavy Support (355pts) +

Ordnance Battery (FW) (355pts)
2 * Colossus Bombard Heavy Siege Mortar (FW) [Heavy Flamer]
1 * Griffon Heavy Mortar Carrier (FW) [Heavy Bolter]

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Allied Detachment) (484pts) ++

+ No Force Org Slot (70pts) +

2 * Ministorum Priest (35pts) [Chainsword, Condemnor Boltgun]

+ HQ (95pts) +

Canoness (95pts) [Chainsword, Inferno Pistol, Rosarius]

+ Troops (224pts) +

2 * Battle Sister Squad (112pts) [5x Battle Sisters, Heavy Bolter, Meltagun]
··Sister Superior [Chainsword, Combi-Melta, Upgrade to Veteran Sister Superior]

+ Fast Attack (95pts) +

Seraphim Squad (95pts) [5x Seraphim, 2x Two Hand Flamers]
>>
>>43984648
>>43984610
Thanks for the pointers, the toads are about the same size as the beast so could probably run them as beast of nurgle.
And i'm very happy hearing that nurglings and drones are good cause i like the models.
>>
Since I have been giving all the tips and whatnot, I'll post my lists here. Feel free to critique/suggest whichever ones you want.

My main lists that I play with:

30K WORD BEARERS: http://pastebin.com/XBNqq4DW

30K IMPERIAL FISTS: http://pastebin.com/KJBfeCFE

40K ROGUE TRADER'S ARMY: http://pastebin.com/P17zdXdm

Lists that I am thinking on working towards I have only a couple models for each that I have been messing around with:

40K DARK ELDAR: http://pastebin.com/8faD1sw4

40K IMPERIAL FISTS/ULTRAMARINES/SALAMANDERS I HAVEN'T FINALIZED IT: http://pastebin.com/vHpfrDG8

>>43984755
Not too experienced with IG/SOB I know 30k Legions/Chaos mostly, but...you plan to have the Enginseers hang with the Arty? Do they need Enginseers? Also the Ministorum trick's clever so that part's great about your Sisters, but they don't have transports and that ain't too great. Only your Veterans have a transport. The only time transports aren't worth it is if you're going more artillery heavy, in which case the Sisters and Veterans are a waste and you need more Ordnance Battery stuff with lots of blobs.

>>43984766
Yeah dude no probs. And yes if the Toads are the same size dddddoooo it! You paid a lot less for those drones too than one would have to pretty good deal.
>>
>>43984755
Inferno pistols are awful, take a Combi-Melta instead.
Not too fond of Condemnor boltguns. I'd say take Litanies of Faith on one of the priests.
Heavy Bolters and Multi-Meltas aren't great on battle sisters. Either go Heavy Flamer and Flamer in a Rhino, or 2 Meltaguns in a Immolator.

I don't take augur arrays on vehicles because of the crazy cost. I'd advise dropping them.
Chimera are run best with a Multi-laser turret and a hull Heavy Flamer.
Ratlings aren't great. If you split them into 2-3 units, it'd be more for your opponent to have to fire at.
>>
>>43984648
>>43984610
Ok so i took your pointers and made a list of it.
I'm looking forward to trying it.

Chaos Daemons Cad 1748 pts
HQ
Daemon Prince 345pts
Balesword, Grimoire of true names, Daemon of Nurgle, Flight, Mastery 3, Warp-forged Armour

Great Unclean One 280pts
2x Greater Reward, Psyker Level 3, Warlord

Elites
Beast of Nurgle 104pts
2x Beasts
Beast of Nurgle 104pts
2x Beasts

Troops
Nurglings 90pts
6x Nurglings

Plaguebearers of Nurgle 153pts
17x Plaguebearers

Plaguebearers of Nurgle 180pts
20x Plaguebearers

Fast Attack (312pts)
Plague Drones of Nurgle 156pts
Icon of Chaos, 3x Plague Drones, Rot Proboscis

Plague Drones of Nurgle 156pts
Icon of Chaos, 3x Plague Drones, Rot Proboscis

Heavy Support (180pts)
Soul Grinder of Chaos (180pts)
Daemon of Nurgle, Phlegm Bombardment
>>
>>43986875
I added Death's heads to the drones and removed a few Plaguebearers.
>>
>>43986875
>>43987101
Good shit. I like it. So you're running the Plague Hulk as a Nurgle Soul Grinder? Nothing wrong with that, but do make sure you have read both the Soul Grinder's and the Plague Hulk's rules. Both Soul Grinders and Plague Hulks are great and each has its own advantage over the other. Pick which you feel most comfy with. I would personally make him a Nurgle Soul Grinder but that's because Forge World is largely banned in 40k here unless both armies are full of Forge World stuff so 40k Forge World factions and 30k stuff.
>>
>>43987139
Ye that's why i'm gonna start with him as a soul grinder and maybe switch him depending on who i'm playing.
>>
>>43986357
Dog, ratlings are GREAT, though I agree they should be spammed in minimum units to round out a list, not taken in bulk.
>>
File: Krakendoom_Sigil.png (23 KB, 301x253) Image search: [Google]
Krakendoom_Sigil.png
23 KB, 301x253
Skitarii Vanguard (10) Omnispex, Power Sword, 3x Plasma Calivers Transport (Rhino or Drop Pod)

>250 points

Skitarii Rangers (7) Omnispex, 2x Transuranic Arquebus

> 147 points

Skitarii Rangers (7) Omnispex, 2x Transuranic Arquebus

>147 points

Ironstrider Ballistarii (3) 3x TL Cognis Autcannons

>165 points Onager Dunecrawler (2) 2x Neutron Laser

>230 points

Wolf Guard Battle Leader Power Fist, Storm Shield, Runic Armour, Thunderwolf Mount

>165 points

Thunderwolf Cavalry (3) Power Fist, Storm Shield

>160 points

Grey Hunters (5) Plasmagun Transport (Rhino or Drop Pod)

>120 points

Grey Hunters (5) Meltagun Transport (Rhino or Drop Pod)

> 115 points

1499 points total

It's my first ever list, thoughts?
>>
>>43989004
>Rhino or drop pod
In what situation is a rhino better than a drop pod?
>>
>>43989004
My goal was to run the grey hunters up to cap forward objectives and to pop open metal boxes so my metal men could shoot the things that come out with metal bullets and radiation guns. My rangers in the back field taking advantage of range, my vanguard supplying my grey hunters with a debuff on enemies strength.
>>
>>43989027
It's my first list. I haven't even played. So drop pod all day then?
>>
>>43989054
Nah take the Rhinos. Metal boxes offer great cover and other shenanigans.

>>43989004
I don't know Skitarii or Space Wolves that well so forgive me here. But it seems sorta fine I guess. Use Rhino for Plasmagun Hunters, Drop Pod for Meltagun Hunters. The only thing I sorta find wrong here's the lack of real anti-armor stuff outside the meltagun. Not sure how good the Ballistarii's autocannons are for that. Also why Space Wolves? For the debuff?
>>
>>43989054
Half of your pods drop automatically on turn one.
Pop a MBT with a Melta in its backside with little-to-no chance of deep strike mishap.

Rhinos are best used for LoS blockers and objective camping.
>>
>>43989054

In general I like Tacs in Rhinos, everything else in a pod, with maybe one Tac for the odd number.
>>
>>43989163
Cause I like Vikings.that and skatarri are kinda lacking in troops I think.
>>
Are the dunestriders guns not anti armor?>>43989163
>>
>>43989671
Dunestriders aren't guns?

Anyway if you meant the Neutron Lasers then yes they are good I just read up on them. S10 AP1, ouch.
>>
Trying my hand at a preliminary Iron Warriors force, based primarily on what I have and will be getting.

1750 pts with Hammer of Olympia

HQ
- Praetor Warsmith, Iron Halo + Power Fist, 145 pts

Troops
- Legion Tactical Squad, Sgt with artificer and meltabomb, 19 tacticals, 265 pts
- Legion Tactical Squad, Sgt with artificer and meltabomb, 19 tacticals, 265 pts
- Legion Tactical Support Squad, 9 tacticals w/ plasma, 325 pts

Heavy
- Iron Havocs, 9 Havocs with 10 Missile Launchers, 360 pts
- Legion Vindicator, Laser Destroyer Array, 130 pts

Idea is to use IW rules and RoW + tacticool spam to have a nice wall of hardy troops. Laser Destroyers seem like a good option for the Vindicators I picked up at a clearance sale. I was tempted to have a third block of fodder, but figured a plasma squad would be much more versatile if I faced something that ignores bolters. I'm kind of leaning towards footslogging personally, just because I like the numbers of 3+ infantry.

I'm not sure about the missile havocs, they're kind of just filler to crack off shots at range, but ap3 seemed like a better option than ap4 autocannons or pinning bolters. I want to get some Tyrants eventually as well, and maybe Thud guns. There's a lot of options for armor, but haven't quite made up my mind yet as to what I'd like to get.
>>
>>43982556
Rapier doesn't need it. Models in the unit has it. l2brb. Same reason the RG Praevian already gives his unit infiltrate and it being granted to the automata is redundant.

>>43982487
I still don't understand how fast and hard hitting aircraft, turn one infiltrate+scouting+fatal strikes, concealed rapiers popping things turn one etc aren't decapitation strikes.

>>43982744
Only point I could have been stubborn was on the destroyers, which I already said I know there are better alts in their case, like a typhon with ceramite being 370, and were taking for fun.

The other points were valid counters like plasma rending better than melta rending and plasma for seekers instead of flamers etc etc.

What I was looking for was glaring holes like lacking anti-horde or being weak against a particular type of list. Which looking at it now would be stone gauntlet and breachers with apothecarys or lists where void armor gets dished out like DG. Which, unfortunately a typhon excels at killing. Sigh.

>>43984037
>>43984351

I agree on the vindis/laser rapiers**, especially with a typhon in tow. If you change the vindis, and a rapier unit, then change the other rapier to quad mortar you canget a full lascannon or finagle for 2 5man LC squads. The quad mortars will give you coverage with frags and take out medium AV while your LCs focus on tougher AVs
**Is there a place that has the actual correct profile? Ive seen it with different ranges and AP values across the 30k books. I know the red book has the better AP1, but has the inferior 36" range.
>>
>>43989773
MLs on Havocs are always a good idea.

Hammer requires 3 compulsory troops, which tac supports are not. So you'll need a third tac squad. The tac support probably wasnt going to do much without transport anyway. So now you need something to tackle terminators. Fury from 60 tac marines will do it but some more AP2 wouldn't hurt either. The laservindis can do it in a pinch. At these points levels if youre shooing at termis with the vindis youve probably already popped what you needed to, like LRs, so youll probably be fine in that department.
>>
>>43990083
Ahh damn, alright, must have missed that part. Common mistake? I've seen a lot of forces use them as troops choices.

Whatever, I guess it justifies my lust for fodder anyway. Getting a third tac blob leaves me with enough points for a rapier laser destroyer and giving the Warsmith a thunderhammer. Lack of volume ap2 aside, that should cover me pretty well right?
>>
>>43990605
very common

One laser destroyer isnt going to do much. You could take a navigator which gives out buffs like -1BS to enemy shooting attack directed against his unit. Or take a single quad mortar and have it hang back and dish out 4 S5 -1 to pinning blasts at 60" a turn too. Its an awkward point plug to be fair.

I think its a good starting point based on what models you like/have. Maybe switch out one laser vindi for a regular with a machine spirit to fight other blobs/termis
>>
File: 1372144459046.jpg (461 KB, 1280x1964) Image search: [Google]
1372144459046.jpg
461 KB, 1280x1964
Time for Templars MSU or something! Its for a casual game which is why I decided not to go for double land raiders and added a dreadnought instead.

1500pts Black Templars

1st Company Strike Force

Sternguard Squad 1 (5 dudes, 2 flamers, Razorback w/ Assault Cannon)

Sternguard Squad 2 (5 dudes, 2 plasma guns, Sgt w/ Combi-Plasma, Razorback w/ Assault Cannon)

Sternguard Squad 3 (8 dudes, 2 melta guns, Sgt w/ Combi-Melta, Drop Pod)

Terminator Assault Squad (5 dudes, Lighting Claws, Land Raider Redeemer)

CAD

HQ
Captain w/ Artificer Armor, Primarchs Wrath, Lighting Claw (Goes with the pod for more firepower in the second turn)

Grimaldus w/ 1 Servitor (Goes with the termies I think)

Elites

Dreadnought w/ MM and Power Fist

Troops

Crusader Squad 1 (7 dudes, 1 Power Axe, Rhino)

Crusader Squad 2 (7 dudes, 1 Power Axe)
>>
>>43989982
Your most glaring hole is that your decapitation strike isn't decap strike enough. You have too much shit like destroyers or arty or stuff that won't do enough damage or don't have the accuracy for a real aimed strike. Once the enemy survives your Decap Strike, they'll wipe out everything. You need your force to be able to hit all as hard as possible at once. THAT's how you Decapitate. Mor Deythans and Dark Furies excel in that. Seekers, too. Specialize each squad in killing infantry or armor exclusively. Never in my experience of 30k/40k has mixing weapons of different ranges and types worked. Yeah you might not be able to hit with the last two members, but they are there for fighting squads of troops larger than ten and for the enemy to have no way out. Scare the shit out of the opponent.
>>
ENDURE THREAD! ENDURE LIKE TANKRED!
>>
File: Blood_Angels_symbol.jpg (73 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
Blood_Angels_symbol.jpg
73 KB, 250x248
>>43978863
My first army list. Posted in the other thread but didn't get any replies. I also have a variant with White Scars allies. Have it it, fa/tg/uys:

Blood Angels--1850 Point Army

Combined Arms Detachment--

>HQ

Sanguinary Priest (Attached to Sanguinary Guard)
-Angel's Wing
-Lightning Claw

>Troops

Tactical Squad x5
-Heavy Flamer
-Combi-Flamer (Sarge)
-Dedicated Transport Drop Pod

Cassor the Damned (Embarked in Drop Pod)

>Elites

Sanguinary Guard x5
-Enarmine Sword x3
-Power Fist x2
-Chapter Banner

Death Company Squad x5
-Jump Packs
-Thunder Hammer x1
-Power Sword x1

Furioso Dreadnought
-Frag Cannon
-Magna-Grapple

>Fast Attack

Assault Squad x5
-Jump Packs
-Flamer x2
-Combi-Flamer (Sarge)

Assault Squad x5
-Melta Gun x2
-Combi-Melta x1 (Sarge)
-Melta Bombs x1 (Sarge)

Drop Pod

>Heavy Support

Predator
-Lascannon x2 (Pair)
-Overcharged Engines
-Dozer Blade
Allied Detachment [Imperial Fists]--

>HQ

Librarian (Attached to Sternguard)
-Force Stave
-Lv. 2 Psyker

>Troops

Tactical Squad x5
-Plasma Gun x1
-Combi-Plasma x1 (Sarge)

>Elites

Sternguard Veteran Squad x5
-Combi-Grav x3
-Dedicated Transport Razorback
--Twin-Linked Plasmagun and Lascannon
--Dozer Blade

>Fast Attack

Stormtalon Gunship
-Skyhammer Missile Launcher
>>
I got a great deal on some Eldar from someone at my LGS who was getting out of the hobby. I normally play IG but am fairly new and Eldar seemed pretty interesting.

Anywho what I got was an Autarch, 9 Fire Dragons 24 Guardians and 3 Wave Serpents.

Everything besides the Serpents are grey which is good. I currently only have 1500 points of IG so I wouldn't mind getting to about 1000 points of eldar so I can [s]masturbate[/s] player with myself...

What is the popular wargear for an Autarch?
>>
>>43994603
Looks fun, but its alot of 3+ and two dreads. Id consider dropping the dreads, and replacing with a scout squad to meet your troops requirement, and maybe grav cents in your ally - which I assume is codex SM.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 600x620
Final loadouts for 2500 points HH Night Lords. Construction started this week.

RoW: Terror Assault

(175) Sevatar

(260) Terror Squad x10: Artificer Armor, Chainglaive, Flamer, Volkite Charger x5
(260) Terror Squad x10: Artificer Armor, Chainglaive, Flamer, Volkite Charger x5
(210) Support Squad x5: Meltagun x5, Rhino
(210) Support Squad x5: Plasmagun x5, Rhino

(55) Legion Apothecary: Artificer Armor
(55) Legion Apothecary: Artificer Armor
(290) Contemptor Dread: Chainfist, Power Fist, Meltagun x2, Drop Pod
(240) Legion Veterans x5: Artificer Armor, Powerfist, Power Sword x3, Plasmagun, Rhino

(165) Jetbike Squadron x3: Plasma Cannon, meltabombs
(165) Jetbike Squadron x3: Plasma Cannon, meltabombs
(430) Night Raptors x14: Artificer Armor, Chainglaive x3, Power Sword x6

Apothecary with Sevatar and Vets, other Apothecary w/a Terror Squad. Three units with A Talent for Murder potential.
>>
Alrighty /tg/ I'd like to run a Cheesy SM list at 500 points, I'm Running Dark Angels, but I'm going Green Wing for this
1) techmarine in a Razorback
3) Predator Tanks w Auto Cannons and all 3 have Heavy Bolter Sponsons
2) Scout Squads for troops
the 3 Preds are the Pred formation gaining Monster hunter and Tank hunter, any thoughts or suggestions? I will most likely be facing Admech, Nids, Dark Eldar, and other SM armies
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.