[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1573% of goal edition We did it boys! Enjoy you're fre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: photo-original[1].jpg (576 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
photo-original[1].jpg
576 KB, 1536x1152
1573% of goal edition

We did it boys! Enjoy you're free shit.
Hawk will be sending out a survey over Kickstarter over the coming week(s), and you should be able to add on (or reduce) to your total pledge amount for bolt-ons; however, you are locked in for whatever tier you're at, and cannot go under it.

>Kickstarter is over, see link related for what you missed and/or more information
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander/

>demo videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLDc-iWib48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5xe3f5hyGg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3e_RNSSST0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaTmNxQ_FM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92GeJ5uf6Hc

So /tg/, since this is likely to be the final thread (at least until Hawk releases more info), what was your final pledge at? What did you get? Do you have a group to play with, or are you just in it for the models? What color schemes are you thinking of.
>>
>That last surge of backers
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander/#chart-daily
>>
>>43970577
>OP forgets PHR video
are you even trying?
>>
>>43970664
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6AIfMdJmxk

rip
>>
Now we wait for the pledge manager, at which point my wallet will be kill.
>>
>>43970706
and to add to this, the MST3K kickstart is not being nice to my wallet either.
>>
>>43970730

Why would you back a meme actress trying to take your nostalgia money

Just go buy riff tracks
>>
>>43970922
Joel Hodgson is running the show.
>>
>>43970966

He's just producing it. He's not starring.
>>
>>43970922
Joel is in it. There are good writers. Not pledging, but excited to see the results.
>>
>>43971000
Mike Nelson was better anyway.
>>
Hawk has just said that we can expect to see info regarding the pledge manager and so forth early next week, so get hype.
>>
>>43970922
Wait how is she sticking her fucking oar in this?
>>
>>43971005

It doesn't have Mike or Pearl writing, Joel was never the funny guy

>>43971019

This
>>
>>43971143

Dude she's the evil scientist
>>
Great. My payment isn't going through. Fucking MasterCard.
>>
File: 1447048153125.gif (650 KB, 350x204) Image search: [Google]
1447048153125.gif
650 KB, 350x204
>>43971207
>>
>>43970682

>PHR cruiser barely manages to scratch two cruisers by going full weapons free

Orion (he meant Orion right) confirmed for the Ares of DFC that nobody takes
>>
>>43971248

Essentially my reaction
>>
>>43971250
Are you kidding? Ares is great, especially against skimmers.
>>
>>43971285

It had to be eratta'd twice to be useable and even then it's outclassed by the jet skimmers
>>
>>43971250
To be fair the broadsides seem to make more sense for constantly orbiting and running rings around opponents and outlasting with their improved saves.

Doesn't make sense to use weapons free at all unless doing a final coordinated thrust through of the enemy formation where every enemy ship is taking damage from both sides and PHR being in a really awkward position to counterattack.
>>
>>43971326
Outclassed by Angelos? Lol, no?
Outperformed by Helios? Often, but not always and it's much cheaper than the Helios.
>>
>>43971342
They don't have improved saves.

The guy said PHR ships have the same armor as UCM vessels.
>>
>>43971342

Well the idea is that each side of the Orion was around 90% of the firepower of a comparable UCM ship but that if they could fire both sides they are putting out 180% damage. So going for that split down the middle is a good strategy especially since the enemy will have to advance on objective points and their troop ships have to drop guys off.

The issue is that the ship in particular was kinda underwhelming even under ideal circumstances and I have a feeling it'll be like DZC where PHR skew between heavies and lights with only a few support mediums.
>>
>>43971342

UCM and PHR cruisers have the same saves, PHR just have 12 HP instead of 10 and are crippled at 6 instead of 5.

>>43971412

T b h f a m who takes angelos

The point was that the Ares pre errata was so bog standard that there was no reason to use it instead something else. Since the Orion is evidently in the same role I have a feeling it'll be benched for other cruisers or BCs
>>
>>43971444
This.

They honestly seem like they should pack more punch, especially as it's so hard to actually line up an attack run like that. No turning on weapons free will make it so you have to put considerable effort into establishing that situation, and once you do, you won't be getting much of a payoff for it.
>>
>>43971496
>>43971439
My bad I knew they were tankier but I must have been merging them a bit with Shaltari in my head with the shields videos.

Anyhow, point still stands that PHR should be able to last longer due to higher HP and longer time to critical (on average).
>>
>>43971559

I'm not super worried about it because knowing Hawk there'll be an option that skews the right way for PHR like the Odin or Hades did.

That and Im used to Star Wars Armada where you shoot before you move, so lining up broadsides a turn in advanced isn't out of the question
>>
I pledged 200 bongs. I'm not sure what I'll do with the extra 40. I live in the middle of nowhere so I only play privately.
>>
>>43972485
>I'm not sure what I'll do with the extra 40
Beijing.
>>
>>43970577
>Only UCM ships are shooting in the picture
>Scourge ships are just eating attacks

So what I'm getting from this is that not even Hawk is entirely sure where the Scourge weapons are located on the ships, or where they fire from?

>>43972512
Yeah. Either for a really neat CE display piece, or put it up on ebay for a good chance of getting more money back than you paid for it.
>>
>>43972619
>Scourge ships are just eating attacks
What do you think those blue balls are.
>>
>>43972658
Like the tiny UCM support ships/missiles/whatnot closing on the Scourge vessels?
>>
>>43972707
Nah, the cyan bolts of energy around the prow of the Scourge Cruiser; you can also see one abov ed and to the left of the U frigate in the bottom left foreground.
>>
>>43972512
That was originally my thought, but since it's coming out later at 1/2 size I think I'd rather game with the canon size. Also I could get multiple other stuff.
>>
>>43972824

>1/2 size

Half the dick length
>>
>>43972824
Maybe one of the modular space stations, then? Or the models for the control points. I have a feeling that those will spike in price once they come out (just look at the cost of the DZC resin terrain components).
>>
>>43972882
How exactly do the cards work? We got one set for free now I think bc of stretch goals, do I need one deck for each player? I will be supplying 100% of the game materials for my games.
>>
>>43972928
>So how may cards are in the Activation card pack? well:

>There are 8 cards labelled Battlegroup A, 8 labelled Battlegroup B etc. up to Battlegroup F, which gives players 6 battlegroups – the standard amount for a Dropfleet Commander game.

>However there are also 4 labelled Battlegroup G, 2 labelled battlegroup H and two with no battlegroup label. This allows players to expand into even larger games, and also have 2 spare cards to use for whichever battlegroup they would like.

>In total this makes 56 cards in one pack.

I think this pretty much confirms that there will be rules for 8 player games.
>>
>>43971559
My impression is that people aren't doing the math and have an artificially inflated sense of how much damage UCM does
>>
>>43973450

But we've seen what they roll, what's their to misunderstand?

Scourge hit harder but from closer range. Shaltari sometimes hit harder
>>
>>43973506
>But we've seen what they roll, what's their to misunderstand?
Math, and the fact that sometimes people roll well and sometimes they don't.
>>
It should be noted that in that video the Orion never used its prow weapon, which looks to have a full forward arc.

If you position right, you can fire it (whatever it is - I'm thinking heavy rails) and eight broadside shots at one target, plus eight shots elsewhere.
>>
File: DELETE THIS.jpg (36 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
DELETE THIS.jpg
36 KB, 400x283
>get "pledge failed, card denied" e-mail
>call bank
>they automatically block all online transactions using GBP due to a history of merchant service fraud in the Isles

And now I have to go out in public and sign paperwork claiming full responsibility for my own massive impulse purchase.

At least I trust Hawk, and grudgingly acknowledge that Kickstarter has never directly scammed me.
>>
>>43974293
Rip
>>
>>43974293
Me too, except I'm in the middle of finals week. This is terrible.
>>
Kickstarter over = dead thread?
>>
>>43976202
probably until we get beta leaks, and then full rules later, so expect dead thread until maybe january/february, then dead again until june, then dead permanently
>>
>>43976237
Fuck you're depressing
>>
>>43976237
>then dead permanently
Unless a good playerbase actually pops up.
>>
>>43976274
man im not gonna sugar coat it, Ive been in on getting DZC discussion on this board since last january, there is usually nothing absolutely nothing. I have seen threads pop up usually only when something momentous is happening like a series of new units or in this case DFC. Once that stuff goes off the end, there arent enough people on this board who actually play to really discuss army lists, strategies relate stories or post painted minis. Additionally at this point there really is not enough fluff to have some kind of really long winded discussion (this is unfortunate but true) Given we know very little about the overall balance of the whole DFC game, and there is little new to look forward to, your gonna see little in the way of posting and 40k threads will knock any DZC/DFC off the board fast. This may change if any admiral backers get their beta rules and spill the guts on the board then we can have some balance and rules discussion. However once that gets knocked out and nothing new crops up the same lack of a player base will rear its ugly head and threads will die off until people get their shit in june. Then its only probably going to last long enough for people to talk about how awsome or shit the stuff is and then again since no one really plays we go back to low traffic nothing to discuss until maybe Phase 2 of the reconquest comes out or Hawk does more stuff.

It would be awesome if more people got into the game and we could have a consistent general like 40k where we jam all over the rules and fluff but right now too few players, not enough fluff to really generate discussion when nothing NEW is happening. Shit sucks..

But hey at least the models are prepainted
>>
File: LePutinFace.png (76 KB, 589x650) Image search: [Google]
LePutinFace.png
76 KB, 589x650
>>43976418
>But hey at least the models are prepainted
>>
File: UCM_AA_Team_1024x1024.jpg (55 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
UCM_AA_Team_1024x1024.jpg
55 KB, 1024x768
>>43976418
I think hawk is releasing Reconquest: Phase 2 sometime next year. I think it may be around when DFC is going to drop (pun not intended) but i'm not sure.
>>
>>43976418
>if any admiral backers get their beta rules and spill the guts on the board
One can only hope
>>
File: MFW FUCKING XENOS.png (63 KB, 419x427) Image search: [Google]
MFW FUCKING XENOS.png
63 KB, 419x427
>>43976474
>Those masks
>>
>>43976474
How good are AA infantry?
I've been contemplating making an "Airborne Infantry" UCM build with the new Hazard suits, AA and Mortar Teams.
>>
>>43976499
>prepainted smellovision
>>
File: MFW FUHKEN ZEENOSE.png (74 KB, 418x427) Image search: [Google]
MFW FUHKEN ZEENOSE.png
74 KB, 418x427
>>43976533
>prepainted
>>
>>43976531
Probably a good tournament unit. Probably bad if you know what your opponent is bringing. They're too expensive to use in either role if you know what you need.
>>
>>43976418
When freakin' Warmachine and Hordes needs a new thread every other day because it keeps on getting swarmed by other threads it makes me wonder if even being number two would change anything.

We really need to evangelize the game in order to have it succeed. Which would be a lot easier if the rules are good, which we may not know for a long while.

I dunno. We need to stay positive.
>>
>>43976627
Dropzone's rules are good. Let's start with that.
>>
>>43976627
Yet I've had Wrath of Kings threads last 2-3 days.
>>
File: Gorbal-Card-1-214x300.jpg (29 KB, 214x300) Image search: [Google]
Gorbal-Card-1-214x300.jpg
29 KB, 214x300
>>43976705
This has to be the the worst stat card
>>
>>43976554
It seems to me they would be really useful in helping locking down objectives and focal points. Throw them into a building a now you have a +12" no fly zone around any wall on that building, Or better yet deploy them on top of a building where ground units cant see/shoot at them.
>>
>>43976755
Yeah, but they can't do the infantry job at the same time and dedicated AA is more cost effective.
>>
>>43976531
>>43976554
>>43976755
I wonder how an army list consisting of entirely infantry (either in Raven B's or Bears) and supported by Longbow's and Ferrums would work out.
>>
>>43976727
>playing furries

Not even once.
>>
>>43976727
What the fuck am I looking at.
>>
>>43976988
Probably pretty bad. There's some pretty bad mobility issues.
>>
>>43977097
I googled Wrath of Kings
>>
File: the_dark_lord_rise.gif (560 KB, 257x192) Image search: [Google]
the_dark_lord_rise.gif
560 KB, 257x192
>>43976627
Warmachine is no longer the number 2 game to Warhammer. I am pretty sure that is XWing.

All Warmachine had going for it was a really cool resource management mechanic that ended up being really easy to game and min max as time went on. Made worse that when you brought topics like that up you were told to shut it and go back to kekhammer or something to that effect.

Not to mention that the game is all about bringing broken shit and just trying to outbreak the opponent across the field. First one to fail loses. I have no idea how the game picks up any new players, if it is even doing so.

Bah. Whatever DFC ends being, I sure do hope it ends up being popular.
>>
That's cool and all... but I think the question on everyone's mind is... do they come pre-painted...?
>>
>>43978466
They come so pre-painted that Hawk has actually devised a method of going back in time to paint the models before they are even made

>>43976983
But keep in mind that they count as troops which means they can fit into the standard infantry battle group over legionaries this allows some more flexible list building, they arent going to fully replace all your AA, or probably all your infantry but they can certainly be useful even in a tournament setting to throw out forward and tie down some focal points or look for an objective
>>
>>43978539
Yea that is why they KS was so expensive they had to get the flux capacitor working.

So now it is just the tape measurer and dice still have to be painted. You can use a rule to ensure you paint the numbers on the lines where they are supposed to go.
>>
Backed the DFC. Fells good. Also persuaded me to start picking up DZC since there's a decent geoup that plays near me. So far I have an Oppressor, the Scourge Command deck, and 2 of the starter kits all courtesy of ebay. What should I buy from there for the Scourge?
>>
>>43970922
literally who?
>>
Rate my list please.
Standard Army (UCM)
Clash: 1375/1500 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [1375/1500 pts]
Field Command [492 pts]
Kodiak: Kodiak(Captain) [203 pts]
Ferrum: Ferrum [165 pts]
Praetorians: 2x Praetorians, Raven A [124 pts]
Armored Formation [364 pts]
Sabre Squad: 3x Sabre, Condor [142 pts]
Katana Squad: 6x Katana [222 pts]
Legionnaire Corps [385 pts]
Rapier Squad: 3x Rapier, Condor [166 pts]
Legionnaires: 3x Legionnaires, Condor, 2x Bear [141 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Legionnaires: 3x Legionnaires [78 pts]
Air Wing [134 pts]
Archangel Squad: 2x Archangel [134 pts]
>>
>>43980831

I think it looks okay. Maybe for your armored formation. Drop the condor take a albatross and load up everything. Then add in a pair of long bows with ravens. That way you can smart smoke both your tank units for protection.
>>
>>43980709
Scouts and exotics
>>
>>43980831
Not enough troops too many tanks. List isn't full.
>>
>>43981250
Which ones would be better considering my current force? Minders and Razorworms? Also, I've had several people tell me that the APC's are crap and I should go with Light Drooships instead. Is there a preference for which one if I'm just going to be using them for shuttling my infantry?
>>
Anyone have a download for Reconquest Phase 1? All the links I'm finding are dead.
>>
>>43981575

Everything I have read says Eviscerators and Destroyers are awesome. And they say worms are so so.
>>
>>43981575
You can't take razorworms without slayers or Tormentors anyway
>>
>>43976627

We just need a dedicated player base which we currently lack. Not enough Britbongs on /tg/ I guess.

Battletech and Infinity have long running generals that hit bump limit each time and get a new general immediately. It's not cause they're swamped with players but because they have a solid core fanbase on /tg/
>>
>>43982168
My impression is that wargaming is just more popular in the UK in general
>>
Anyone live near Philadelphia?
>>
I think we should do merged dropzone/dropfleet generals for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>43982322

I am too far, but maybe put message up here:

http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5969&p=41914&hilit=Philadelphia#p41914
>>
any Seattlefags here?
>>
>>43982322
how near philly we talking?

>>43981575
sounds like youd want to get some prowlers and or minders (both are good just at different things)

You could go all light dropship its a fairly effective strat, but that really onlly has a place when the main goal is looking for objectives in a highly competitive setting, there is still room for APC+transport, its more surviviable for one, and with the scourge not really that much slower your light drop ship goes 30" so you can only go 15" and drop out, but with a medium with APC you can got 12" and place 3" and move 3" to get in a building, actually gets you a bit more distance. Id consider keeping APCs for warriors, destroyers/ eviscerators I might go ligth dropships for
>>
>>43982504
>how near philly we talking?
A reasonable driving distance I guess. Probably not much more than an hour away.

>>43982403
I know, but hoping for /tg/ folks in particular
>>
>>43976755
Each base of flak dudes can only shoot from one wall
>>
>>43980709
Here's a 1498/1500 point list using what you've got plus some other stuff.

Scourge Oppressors
Opressor with Overlord - 265

Scourge Vanguard
3 Hunters in Marauder - 146
3 Reapers in Marauder - 158

Scourge Vanguard
3 Hunters in Marauder - 146
3 Reapers in Marauder - 158

Scourge Warrior Cabal
Marauder (shared) 41
3 bases of Warriors in Invader - 98
3 bases of Warriors in Invader - 98

Scourge Warror Cabal
2 bases of Warriors in Intruder Alpha - 94
2 bases of Warriors in Intruder Alpha - 94

Scourge Occupation Patrol
4 Prowlers in Intruder Beta - 60
2 bases of Eviscerators in Intruder Alpha - 140

------------

You would be buying 2 pairs of Intruder Alphas, 1 pair of Intruder Betas, 1 pack of four bases of Eviscerators, and 1 pack of eight Prowlers. By the prices on Hawk's official website, that's £50.50. You can get them for a good bit cheaper. You could substitute Destroyers for Eviscerators and Minders for Prowlers without list juggling, but since you've got lots of troops and two squads of Reapers I thought my selections would be better. Later you'll be happy that you have those light dropships.

If you get another pair of Intruder Alphas and go with Minders instead of Prowlers then you can also squeeze a Harbinger into your list to transport your Opressor.
>>
>>43982998
If I were going to run the list with the Harbinger I would probably get Destroyers instead of Eviscerators. All of your troops would be in light dropships which makes them a little more vulnerable, and the Destroyers would be able to take objectives if you lose lots of troops.
>>
okay here's what I have for my PHR, obviously I'm missing some Helios and more infantry but I've had fun with these so far:

2x ares w/ Neptune

2x Phobos w/ Neptune

2 apcs w/ Neptune (hardly use the APCs, usually steal the Neptune for something else like Odins)

4x Janus w/ tritons

3x Odins + 1 Zeus w/ Neptune

1 hades w/ Poseidon

2x Athenas (got one for free)

1 Medusa and Triton

I'm guessing my next step should be either more Immortals or some Charlie's Angels right?
>>
>>43983134
How many immortals do you have?
>>
>>43983300

Just the ones from the starter set, 4 bases

I've been able to use them effectively by cordoning off the buildings I'm searching with my heavy guys but I still feel like I'm lacking
>>
>>43983335
You definitely are lacking. Need more infantry. I'd probably get Sirens.
>>
>>43983382

Would just sirens work or should I get more immortals as well?

I love infantry and immortals look cool, they've just been sold out when I have any money to buy them
>>
>>43982592
thats a pretty wide area, im up near allentown which is about an hour from philly give or take traffic
>>
>>43982662
yeah but you can get a very wide angle by putting them all on one wall, because its LOS from anywhere on that wall, thats a huge space to draw LOS and range from, specially on a larger building
>>
>>43982168
Part of why we have long running Battletech generals is that the official forums are pure cancer. 4chan is literally the least toxic place for BT.

But yea, a dedicated base is crucial.

>>43982355
DropCommanderGeneral has my vote.

>>43982592
>I know, but hoping for /tg/ folks in particular

Man Id be happy with anything, I am postive I will be the only person in all of RI with this game.
>>
>>43984293
>DropCommanderGeneral has my vote.

>not DropGeneral Commander
>>
>>43984293
>>43984455
>DropCommanderGeneral
>DropGeneral Commander

>not Prepainted Models General
>>
>>43984505

/salute
>>
>>43984455
>>43984505

I think /drop/ general would probably go fine
>>
>>43984839
That sounds good, all we need now are DL links for DZC: Reconquest
>>
>>43984293
DropNouns?
>>
>>43982998
A slayer unit can fuck up infantry pretty bad, and carry razorworms if you have points to spare. With the new infantry options poppibg up, sone anti-infantry weaponry ins't a terrible investment (and despite the bonus hunter weapons hace, you don't want to waste their limited shots on infantry if you can help it).
>>
>>43985274
Fuck, I meant tormentor unit, not slayer u it.

Prowlers can also help. You expand your effective command range, and if you bring an annihilator you can use them to allow effective indirect fire. Annihilator can be parked in a corner early on, and lock down the table for your enemy. Buildings and infantry will want to be very careful in range, and even armor will want to avoid the chance of eating a hit from it. When parked behind cover, the enemy either risks committing valuable resources to remove it, risks taking some really hard hits from it, or tries to avoid its threat area. All of those are pretty good in your favir, and it help you by making your enemy make reactive plays.
>>
>>43985185

Yeah seriously. I got mine from the old MU folder but that one died.
>>
>>43985357
>>43985274
>>43983072
>>43982998
>>43982504
>>43982083
>>43982010
Thanks for the advice guys. Looking at Destroyers and some Intruders along with Prowlers as my next buys.

How do the Reaver, Slayer, and Stalker stack up? I love the models and kinda want an excuse to field them. Also, is it ever worth it to not take units in Dropships? Some things like Hunters seem plenty fast and could let me field more of them.
>>
>>43984839
Agreed
>>43985216
No
>>
>>43986633
There really aren't any bad units but you're probably better off sticking with the grav tanks at first. Reaver and Stalker are fairly nuanced in their use. Slayers are alright, but the extra DP isn't that helpful except antiaircraft fire and a few other low energy sources. If you go light on aircraft they're pretty good. If not, your opponent is probably only going to shoot at it with higher energy weapons. Be especially wary against PHR. E11 will eat slayers up and you don't get the full skimmer bonus against an Ares.
>>
>>43986633
Reavers are really nice. They hit hard against armored ground units with the lances, have good mobility, and aren't terribly expensive.

Slayers are okay, but the speed decrease and price bump for an extra attack makes them take a bit of a backseat to the really good hunters.

Stalkers are slow, but hit like trucks, and have a ton of armor relative to other Scourge units. Their transport, the harbinger, is also a great ship. Good armor, medium-high speed, and an anti-air weapon to go on dropship bullying duty after dropping off the stalkers. Great for more defensive scenarios, since they won't be running circles around enemies like the grav tanks can, but can hold points fairly well.
>>
>>43987177
Just leaving stalkers without transport is usually a bad idea. Repositioning is very important and stalkers can't do it on their own.
>>
>>43987846
I mentioned that the harbinger is a great dropship. Just that you might want to have it help hamper enemy aircraft if you can after it drops them off.

I agree that I'd never take stalkers or ravagers without a dropship. Their speed is far too lacking.
>>
>>43987907
I'm saying it's rarely a good idea for the Harbinger to fly off
>>
>>43988121
Ah, my bad.

I guess I'd like to use the aa gun when I can, although I wouldn't have it go very far.

That could be my local meta that makes that an easy option, though. When I drop walkers off, it tends to be close to enemy units due to my slow speed, and some of our group's players tend to keep their dropships very close by their ground units, so I can usually have the harbinger go give them grief just by rounding a corner, without deserting the walkers.
>>
It seems like a lot of people are desperate to leave dropships out of their lists.

Why?
>>
>>43988882

They're a tax, plain and simple.

For shaltari and Scourge they aren't necessarily faster than their skimmers by enough to warrant taking them
>>
>>43989065
They're really not a tax. They add a lot of mobility
>>
>>43989065
Shaltari gates can teleport units clear across the table. They're always worth having.
>>
>>43989166

Sometimes. Other times they drop stuff off and then are just worthless S7 shaped charge dispensers.

They're so central to the game that honestly I think drop ships taken by units should be free for all factions. You don't have to take one but the option is there.
>>
>>43989447

Shaltari are their own whole different ballgame. I'm thinking more about neptunes
>>
>>43989471
What would the difference be?
>>
>>43989574

The average game would have a few more units since you'd have leftover points from your Dropship tax but would also guarantee that the game is Dropzone commander and not Skimmers, Artillery and Lasers walk on the board commander.

It's like warjack points in WMH, it's there to contribute to the flavor of the game more than any sort of balancing.
>>
>>43989644
Except that the game is already well balanced. Only noobs try to avoid dropships
>>
>>43989792

>game is well balanced

>ragtag biker Gang Mongolian horde crests over the hills
>>
>>43989989

During Invasion tourney out of 280 games played these were the win draw loss stats:

UCM 37.14% 8.57% 54.29%
Scourge 48.57% 5.71% 45.71%
PHR 48.00% 17.33% 34.67%
Shaltari 45.00% 15.00% 40.00%
Resistance 43.33% 13.33% 43.33%

There are some things that could be better and some units that are a little OP. However, few games have numbers this close. And the game has 5 factions that are pretty different from each other. Its a pretty nice accomplishment.
>>
I am looking to start up a scourge army and I was curious how viable a Prowler, Stalker and Ravager heavy list would be. I like the models and the idea of crabby death machines but I am a complete noob so I do not know how well it would work as an army concept.
>>
>>43990129

>UCM is underpowered
>scourge either wins big or goes home
>PHR either win or blow up all the buildings and draws

Lel
>>
>>43990129
>>43990585
This is just making me want to play Shaltari even more.
>>
>>43989989
those have been fairly well neutered, the drop from E10 to E9 on their attack makes it very difficult to use them against anything thats not A8 ish, and the factions that are predominantly A8ish have a couple of units which are almost hard counters to those things, plus if you take alot of bikes, your skipping out on some other fantastic resistance units, and wont be able to do jack to things in buildings. Just about every other faction has a couple of reasonable units which can easily counter bikes, and if they dont have em some can even ignore them whole sale.
>>
>>43990129
>>43990585
also keep in mind those stats were from the tourny prior to some balancing errata tweaks, and the rounds of new units which people have yet get alot of play with, I think balance has tightened since then if anything.
>>
>>43990242
It's definitely viable, but you have to be really careful about when and where you deploy. Mistakes will hurt badly.
>>
>>43990781
Precisely this. Bikes can be very annoying, but you really don't need to engage them.
>>
How is a Broadsword supposed to fit in a Condor? Where do the clamps attach?
>>
>>43992120
You can move the clamps on a Condor. This is how they are able to hold Bears and Gladiuses.
>>
>>43992548
But where do they attach to the tank?
>>
>>43970922
>>43971248
>>43971273
Just repeat to yourself "It's just a show. I should really just relax"
>>
>>43992832

No. I dislike Felicia day as an actor and I have no idea why she's even moderately known.
>>
UCM:
How many aircraft do you run? Do you like the Phoenix?

Scourge:
Do you make good use of all of those demolisher weapons?

PHR:
What is your favorite model and why is it the Helios?

Shaltari:
Skimmers or Warstrider?

Resistance:
Drills, Lifthawks, Hovercraft. Discuss.
>>
>>43993627
>Scourge:
>Do you make good use of all of those demolisher weapons?
If there isn't a better target, I might fire at some buildings. General infantry dislike the falling masonry rolls that tend to follow.

If I am using the space squid, I'll mostly stick to death beaming buildings to try and limit enemy cover, or kill enemy troops inside them. Not too much else I do with it until late game, since I don't want to overextend it and lose my commander early on. Always a rare treat when you get the full-powered shot off on a building.
>>
>>43993627
I run two Arch angels, both painted up like Cypher and Pixy from Ace combat. I also have a Ferrum. I've been contemplating getting a Phoenix but I've been having fun with my Kodiak.
>>
How high should you make set your commander? Is an LT at standard 1500 usually enough?
>>
>>43994158
No. Go max or near max.
>>
>>43994371
depends on the faction, winning initative is great, but a few extra units an make a difference, and command cards vary with faction so your mileage may vary
>>
>>43977097
It makes sense when you realize that its only half the card, and the bar on the side is your 'to hit' roll.
>>
>>43993539
This. She's pretty bad.
>>
>>43995074

I am using UCM. I have cards, but have never used them. None of them seem to super powered and having a CV 3 doesn't seem to bad to me. I made the following right now it has a Captain:

Standard Roster [1499/1500 pts]
Field Command [450 pts]
Phoenix: Phoenix(Captain) [285 pts]
Ferrum: Ferrum [165 pts]
Armored Formation [423 pts]
Rapier Squad: 3x Rapier, Albatross [201 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Sabre Squad: 6x Sabre [222 pts]
Legionnaire Corps [329 pts]
Legionnaires: 3x Legionnaires, Condor, 2x Bear [141 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Legionnaires: 3x Legionnaires [78 pts]
Eagle: Eagle [110 pts]
Legionnaire Corps [160 pts]
Legionnaires: 2x Legionnaires, Raven A [80 pts]
Legionnaires: 2x Legionnaires, Raven A [80 pts]
Expeditionary Group [70 pts]
Wolverine Squad: 3x Wolverine A, Wolverine B [70 pts]
Air Wing [67 pts]
Archangel Squad: Archangel [67 pts]
>>
Are corsairs worth taking now and then, now that they were given a points cut?
>>
>>43998290
well there is at least one UCM card that is amazing to have especially with a Phoenix, and that is black project, can play it on any aircraft, and that aircraft can only be hit on 6s for rest of turn (even if it lands)

Looks like a solid list, feels like it might be light on AA, but you do have 5 potential sources of it. Id give that list a go see how it plays, looks solid.

>>43999562
this is still questionable, they only have 1 shot, and it has terrible accuracy, Id still take em give it a go see if they prove useful or useless.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-05-12-05-46.png (228 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-05-12-05-46.png
228 KB, 720x1280
>>43998290
You've stuffed your sabres and rapiers into an albatross to save points. This would be a good idea in a larger game where you would have more armor on your flanks, but with only a few wolverines on the ground to back you up you should probably spread them out more. I've attached a similar list.
>>
>>43980898
>>43981275
Thanks for the advise. I'm personally wondering if it would be bettergive the Katana's their own BG, meaning spliting my Katana's into two squads of three rather than one large 6 man blob and move my rapiers from the infantry BG and move it in to a new BG with the sabers.
>>
>>44000030

I like it. I will give it a shot next game. Thanks!
>>
What App?
>>
>>44000421
>>44000030
>>
>>43993627

Favorite model, visually? An Odin and a Zeus squad are two sexy sexy mechs

Gameplay wise? I love using a Hades, it's like having Hals Moving Castle going right down the middle. Have a Medusa cheerleader next to it and the thing can tank well
>>
>>44000421
>>44000534
Anon was using the in-browser builder from http://solomonder.com/scoldzap/

Although I personally prefer FFoR's builder program http://www.dzc-ffor.com. Nice layout, and can build a library of owned/painted models from the factions, calculate cost to build a given army based on what you have/need.

Both are kept updated, though, so use whichever you like more.
>>
Does anyone have a PDF of Reconquest, or should I just bite the bullet any order the rulebook for myself?
>>
>>44001976
It's got some decent fluff in it.
Buy it. Support Hawk, bro devs.
>>
>>44003316

Yea, they are one of the better companies around it seems. I would bite the bullet.
>>
>>44003316
>>44003348
Fuck it, I'm doing it.
Which rulebook is the most recent and complete? 1.1, or Reconquest?
>>
>>44003546

They really different. 1.1 is the most updated basic rules.

Reconqest has new units, the resistance, some scenarios, and fluff for the early days of reconqest. It isn't required, but its pretty cool.
>>
>>44004649
It's probably at least a good idea to download it and read it to see what your opponent's will have
>>
>>44003546
Also, lots of models have experimental rules on Hawk's website. They were released after the new book.
>>
>>44000586

It's not points efficient, but a double Zeus commander in action is kind of godlike. Outside of Sheltari weirdness, he just doesn't go down.
>>
>>44005312
Speaking of PHR, I'm messing around with the army builder (>>44000903) and I'm still not quite getting how command squads are supposed to work.

Is it a good idea to just have one (or two) command squads of Zeuses, or should they have additional heavy walkers with them? Should I only have command squads in the HQ battlegroup, or is it also a good idea to have one in a heavy pantheon (if I'm taking one)?
>>
>>44005356
At 1500 points you really only need one command squad.

Beyond that, it's up to you. Just remember to have plenty of infantry and AA
>>
>>44005468
What about at larger game sizes, like 2000 or 2500? What benefits are there to taking two or three command squads beyond redundancy?

I'm not entirely sure on the rules, but would, say, a colonial general be able to affect units outside his range of influence so long as they were within the range of another leader?
>>
>>44003546
>>44004649
>>44004967
>20 pounds (about 30 dollars) in shipping
>exactly 2/5 of the total cost
Fuck that shit, I'll just wait until I have enough to get over 100 pounds worth of stuff for free shipping.
>>
>>44005820
You in the states? Try miniature market. Their shippibg shouldn't be too rough for US states, they discount the prices a good deal, and Hawk still gets some money.
>>
>>44005862
>You in the states?
Yep

>Try miniature market. Their shippibg shouldn't be too rough for US states, they discount the prices a good deal, and Hawk still gets some money.
Will do, thanks anon.
>>
>>44005537
You can't take more than two command squads, though you can have another commander in a non-command squad.

Realistically, you're not going to want more than two.
>>
>>44006262
Sounds good; I was playing around in the army builder, and I came up with this for a 1,500 point UCM Clash army.

What did I do wrong, right, and what should I know before I actually get into the game?

Standard Army
Clash: 1495/1500 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [1495/1500 pts]
Field Command [405 pts]
Phoenix Command Gunship: Phoenix(Captain) [285 pts]
Falcon Gunship Squadron: 3x Falcon [120 pts]

Colonial Armored Formation [423 pts]
Sabre MBT Section: 6x Sabre, Albatross [288 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Rapier AA Tank Section: 3x Rapier [135 pts]

Colonial Legionnaire Corps [219 pts]
Colonial Legionnaire Squad: 3x Legionnaires, Condor, 2x Bear [141 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Colonial Legionnaire Squad: 3x Legionnaires [78 pts]

Special Ordnance Section [314 pts]
Gladius HBT Section: 2x Gladius, Condor [149 pts]
Ferrum Drone Base: Ferrum [165 pts]

Colonial Fleet Air Wing [134 pts]
Archangel Interceptor Squadron: 2x Archangel [134 pts]
>>
>>44006327
Awfully short an AA there. You'll really be hurting if your Archangels are late to the party.
>>
>>44006327
You're also really heavy on E10+ weapons. You don't need six sabres in that list.
>>
>>44006444
I figured that the Drones and missile pods on the Ferrum and the Phoenix would be more than enough to supplement the Rapiers for AA; would it be a better idea to drop 3x Sabers (seeing as how I have 2x Gladius) and replaced them with another Rapier Squad?
>>
Is the two-player starter set for DZC any good? What would be good to add to it I bought it?

I'm torn between Scourge and PHR myself, but I think I can find someone else to play/paint UCM if I play up a Colonial Marines/Starship Troopers angle.
>>
>>44006521
Yeah, if you can fit it. The AA range of Phoenix is very low. Those launchers are really only there to hit targets of opportunity when using the main guns and to defend against fast movers.

Drones can't reaction fire and you'll often be wanting to use them for AT work anyway.

Rapiers are dedicated area control AA. They're what protects the rest of your army from aircraft and keeps enemy dropships from darting between buildings.
>>
>>44006444
>>44006514
Maybe just this, then?
How effective are Archangels, by the way? I wanted to keep the Falcons in for ground attack, but the Phoenix and the Ferrum should be more than enough for that.

Standard Army
Clash: 1494/1500 points
Standard Army

Standard Roster [1494/1500 pts]
Field Command [450 pts]
Ferrum Drone Base: Ferrum [165 pts]

Colonial Armored Formation [438 pts]
Sabre MBT Section: 6x Sabre, Albatross(+Missile Pods) [303 pts]

Colonial Legionnaire Corps [405 pts]
Colonial Legionnaire Squad: 3x Legionnaires, Condor(+Missile Pods), 2x Bear [151 pts]
Rapier AA Tank Section: 3x Rapier, Condor(+Missile Pods) [176 pts]

Colonial Fleet Air Wing [201 pts]
Archangel Interceptor Squadron: 3x Archangel [201 pts]
>>
>>44006775
Turns out I couldn't fit it, so I had to drop the Gladius squad. >>44006803
>>
>>44006656
If you like UCM and/or Scourge (or better yet, have a friend that likes the other faction to split the cost), it's a damn good buy. You get a fold out playmat, a bunch of cardstock building terrain, dice, a measuring tape, core rule book, and tokens with your minis. Everything you need to start playing small-scale games.

Another starter is a good way to build a solid general core army, but otherwise, a good expansion pattern would be a commander and some light dropships (for grabbing initiative, and for quickly moving infantry to nab intel, respectively). Maybe scouts after that, and then expand as you see fit to fill gaps in your army.

The plastic quality is good, but has a tiny bit of detail loss over resin/metal, with the infantry being the worst cases (still not awful, just not that great). PHR infantry have the saddest plastic infantry, but overall it's oretty good. Plastic starters are half the price of the resin ones though, so for the cost it's worth strongly considering.

ps. Scourge a best
>>
>>44006803
You'd be better off dropping some sabres and keeping some Falcons. You want to spread out more.
Oh and I just noticed how short on infantry you are. Let me see what I can put together.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-05-19-14-10.png (226 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-05-19-14-10.png
226 KB, 720x1280
>>44006803
>>44006959
>>
>>44007045
Thanks, anon. I'm guessing it's always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to infantry?
>>
>>44007113
Probably. 2 squads definitely isn't enough since a typical game at 1500 points could have 5 objectives.
>>
I've got the scourge starter set, played a couple of games with it. I was looking at expanding a bit, and I've thought that the correct way to go would be:
-Another plastic starter set, more tanks, dropships, infantry
-Desolator for commander
-Destroyers, as they seem great
-class a light dropships for scourge infantry, can't remember the name

Is this the right sort of track?
>>
>>44007846
Yes
>>
What's a good ratio of AA in an army? In a Clash, should you always take, at the very least, 2 squads of dedicated AA? (Rapier, Reaper, Phobos, Kukri) or their equivalent?
>>
>>44008941
I think the ratio is you should have some form of AA for every 500 points.
>>
>>44008941
UCM does. PHR can get away with using a bunch of Helios, which is a far more flexible unit than is indicated in the fluff and noticeable at first glance. Shaltari can get away with using mostly Jaguars.
>>
>>44008941
UCM could also potentially use just Wolverine-As in place of Rapiers and just be really aggressive. You would have to plan your whole list around that idea though.
>>
>>44011260
>PHR can get away with using a bunch of Helios
So I could stick to having standard squads be full of Areas and Menchits, and have the support slot be filled with Helios instead?

Are there any major drawbacks to Helios compares to Phobos?
>>
Phobos before Menchits. Phobos really are awesome. Their issue is their expense.

>Are there any major drawbacks to Helios compares to Phobos?

Range.
>>
>>44011356
Biggest drawback is range. Phobos is also better against aircraft with more than 1 DP. Beyond that it's mostly list building. Helios occupies the PHR's highly coveted support slot. Oh also, you can do mixed Type-1 walker squads, which can spread out your AA further. Very handy.
>>
>>44000903
Question, how do you get FFOR to calculate cost? I can't find the button to do so anywhere.
>>
>>44011741
Nevermind, I'm fucking retarded.

>Fucking around with 6000 point army lists for shits and giggles
>Shitty 6000 point Shaltari army costs about 1.5k Burgerland Dollars
>It's exactly as expensive as a Tau Manta
Fucking hilarious.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-05-23-28-43.png (212 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-05-23-28-43.png
212 KB, 720x1280
Show us your lists!
>>
>>44011853
I might replace the Odin with a Hyperion. Command squad used to have a Neptune so that wasn't an issue.
>>
>>44011853
I have litterally no idea what I'm doing, but this satisfies my autism for symmetrical and/or regular organizational charts:

Standard Army
Clash: 1472/1500 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [1472/1500 pts]

Field Command [451 pts]
Rapier AA Tank Section: 3x Rapier, Condor [166 pts]

Colonial Armored Formation [423 pts]
Sabre MBT Section: 6x Sabre, Albatross [288 pts]
Colonial Legionnaire Corps [299 pts]

Falcon Gunship Squadron: 2x Falcon [80 pts]

Colonial Legionnaire Corps [299 pts]
Falcon Gunship Squadron: 2x Falcon [80 pts]
>>
>>44011799
Do keep in mind that it uses the msrp listed on Hawk's site.

Also 6000 points, Jesus Christ boy, what are you doing?
>>
>>44012121
>Also 6000 points, Jesus Christ boy, what are you doing?
Having -FUN-
>>
In the FFOR army builder, it's saying that battlegroups may not exceed over half the army's total points cost; I don't know if this is an actual rule, and I can't find anything saying so, but this is a bit suspect when the error pops up when the UCM Starter Army is put into the builder.
>>
>>44012958

Only kicks in at Clash and Battle level, IIRC
>>
>>44012958
>>44013036

On page 16 of the rule book it explains the limits to a battlegroups size. 1/3 of the total points size per group max usual. 1/2 at Skirmish.
>>
>>44013119
Yep, anon is right. I had to set the max army size to around 750 for the Starter Army to be legal, which makes sense.
>>
>>44012958
That's a real rule. It's in the book somewhere.
>>
>>44012079
that is an interesting army list, be fun to give it a try, not sure how optimized it is, mostly alot of basic stuff, but it covers all the bases
>>
>>44013410
>mostly alot of basic stuff, but it covers all the bases
That's mostly what I was trying to go for, I'm thinking of trying to build 750 point armies for the four main factions (pretty much just the starter armies + commander), upgrade them to 1500 points (like the UCM army I have up there), and demo them to friends all the while since no one hear has so much as heard of the game.
>>
>>44013139
you have no problems with the starter army for the UCM at the 557 points as it is, at least if you are talking about the plastic set which is 3 sabre, 3 rapier, 2 bear, 6 legionnaires and 3 condors

remember they are all in different battlegroups the rapiers are in a special ordnance section which is the "heavy" UCM battlegroup, at the skrimish level it doesnt require a heavy choice so it can be filled with just a squad of rapiers
>>
>>44013586
>Rapiers are in the special ordnance battlegroup
Ah, that makes much more sense. I never even bothered looking at that battlegroup since I kept thinking "heavy battlegroup = at least 1 heavy squad"
>>
>>44013549
ok thats reasonable

>>44013586

also the starter sets are all legal and functional as is, except the shaltari you cant have that many seperate gates with so few squads also interesting to see the points break down by starter set:

UCM: 557
PHR: 514
Scourge: 541
Shaltari: 579
Resistance: 522
>>
Do you think DZC's current organizational mechanics could be extended to a 4th battle size, with a range of 3000+ pts, or would the game simply become too unwieldy at that size?
>>
>>44013785
>also the starter sets are all legal and functional as is, except the shaltari you cant have that many seperate gates with so few squads

Shit, you're right; the gates in the starter set actually break BOTH rules, in that they have more gate power than army mass, and they have more gates than squads.
>>
>>44013838
you dont need to manufacture an additional battle level, you simply start doubling up on formations, so you could run a game at 2000 points if you wanted with two skirmish level formations, or a larger game with 2 clash formations, or 2 battle formations.. etc it just scales up. I dont think this game would play well much past the 4k range, mostly because you start to have alot of stuff on the board, which necessitates a much larger play area also given how devastating weaponry is in this game the larger the game size the more stuff dies really fast the first few turns and the more the game becomes a gun line shooting fest rather than the super maneuver war that it is at lower points levels. Also at 4k and above you are really not picking and choosing models anymore you just take some of everything and end up with formations like 6 Odin bricks as common selections, you might even have two. This level of unkillable firepower starts ending whole blocks of shit in a single turn. Its ugly, like playing 40k Apocalypse might be fun once or twice with friends but is really not recommended for common play
>>
>>44013982
Guessing they didn't make that mistake in DFC?
>>
>>44015219
Gates in DFC are totally different than the gates in DZC; They're basically outlet pipes for the Mothership.
>>
>>44013982
The Havens contribute to army mass, so it's definitely okay on that point. Not sure about number of gates.
>>
>>44015340
Shit, you're right.

3x Eden + 2x Terra = 3(3) + 2(2) = 13
2x Terra + 3x Tomahawk +3x Kukri +4x Brave = 2(1.5) + 3(1) + 3(1) + 4(1) = 13

3x Eden + 2x Terra = 5
1x Tomahawk Squad + 1x Kukri Squad +2x Brave Squad = 4

Unless, of course, the gate pool itself counts as a squad, or the terragates count as (a) squads(s)
>>
>>44015403
I checked the errata and rules clarifications. The term 'gate squad' isn't clarified.
>>
>>44015403
>>44015453
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4043
>>
>>44015534
So if you take the two Havens as a squad it's a legal list.
>>
>>44015547
Don't the Eden's count as their own squad as well?
>>
>>44015594
Yes, for a total of four gate squads
>>
>>44015601
No, I meant do the three Eden's together count as a single squad? Can they be taken together as a single squad?
>>
>>44015617
It would be a really bad idea to group Edens together in the starter army. Each BG is mass 3 and you would have to activate all gates in the squad simultaneously, meaning you're not allowed to use one of them.
>>
>>44015219
Game's not even out, man
>>
Bumparooni
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-06-12-18-50.png (217 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-06-12-18-50.png
217 KB, 720x1280
>>
>>44019770
Fuck. Left out some transports
>>
>>44019783
Finalized Heliopocalypse list. I *could squeeze in more. Let's see how that goes.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-06-12-21-44.png (196 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-06-12-21-44.png
196 KB, 720x1280
>>44019809
Ughh. Not being super competent right now.
>>
>>44019821

>two scorpions

Madman!
>>
>>44019875
Not him, but
>want to see if it's possible to take four Hades, two in two heavy pantheons, for MAXIMUM SCORPION
>can only have a max of 3
Rip
>>
>>44019931

Why not 3 hades and a nemesis
>>
>>44019953
Because then the heavy pantheons wouldn't be symmetrical, anon.

>not going with 2 nemesis in command battlegroup, and 2 heavy battlegroups with a nemesis and 2 hades
>not having 8 scorpions
>not throwing 500 bucks down the drain for plastic robo scorpions
>>
>>44019972

500? Hades are only $30 at MM, would only be $240 completely wasted

T b h while I do feel like DZC models are a bit pricey, the scorpions are about the same size as Warjacks (albeit, long instead of tall) so I didn't actually feel ripped off when I got one.
>>
Are long reach teams shit?
>>
>>44020224
You're right, I was accidentally including the cost of the Poseidons.
>>
>>44020283

Whoops. Yeah that would definitely drive the cost up, although setting up 8 super heavies and a bunch of Helios around them on your table edge would be fairly intimidating

Just fuck objectives entirely. literally.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-06-12-29-04.png (245 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-06-12-29-04.png
245 KB, 720x1280
>>44019809
HELIOGEDDON
12 Helios, 4 Menchits, 2 Odins, 2 Hyperion

Nothing is safe

I don't have nearly enough Helios (or enough Menchits) for this, but I would be really interested to see how it plays.

A Helios firing both sets of weapons without any penalties to hit (remembering to ignore skimmer bonus) against a target with no passive save has at least a 51% chance to do damage. That's 51% vs A7+ thanks to shaped charge and better against targets with lower damage. Split fire (a good idea against targets with 1 DP), probability is 30% vs each target. Toss in a P5+ save for the target and it's 37% for concentrated fire, 21% each for split fire.

A few points of analysis:
-E6 SC makes the Helios most efficient against targets with A10 and targets with A6 or below. However, nearly all targets with A7 or A8 are skimmers, which means non-AA units are at a big disadvantage against them, so it all works out. The only targets that Helios really suck against are buildings. That and a requirement to fill two standard squads led to the four Menchits.
-Helios is NOT COST EFFECTIVE IN ANY PARTICULAR ROLE. Its flexibility is key to its effectiveness. Position Accordingly. This is my biggest concern about such a list. Normally I would position Helios to be able to assume different roles on the next turn. With so many Helios, there may not be enough such positions to occupy. I could, however, be very aggressive. The list might play more like Scourge than typical PHR.
-I wouldn't want to play this against PHR. Nearly every PHR unit has at least 2 DP and the only armor 10 targets have passive saves. PHR also has high armor aircraft (not high enough for SC to matter). Sabres and Rapiers would be ideal targets.
>>
>>44020325
Get Fukt
Battle: 3988/4000 points
Standard Army
Time For Scorpions (PHR Standard Roster) [3988/4000 pts]

Hand of the Sphere [880 pts]
Nemesis Command Walker: Nemesis(Supreme Vizier), Poseidon [440 pts]
Nemesis Command Walker: Nemesis(Supreme Vizier), Poseidon [440 pts]

Battle Pantheon [482 pts]
Type 1 Walker Squadron: 6x Ares, Poseidon [322 pts]
Helios Jetskimmers: 2x Helios, Neptune [160 pts]

Battle Pantheon [482 pts]
Type 1 Walker Squadron: 6x Ares, Poseidon [322 pts]

Immortals Phalanx [362 pts]
Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1 [101 pts]

Immortals Phalanx [362 pts]

Heavy Pantheon [710 pts]
Type 4 Walker: Hades, Poseidon [275 pts]

Heavy Pantheon [710 pts]

>tfw this isn't legal
>>
>>44020224
>T b h while I do feel like DZC models are a bit pricey
Yeah, although almost everything is resin. Hawk's resin blend does seem different from a lot of others out there (really soft, doesn't shatter easily), and doesn't need washing before priming (not sure if they wash them, or if they don't need release agents), but it might still be hard on tge casting molds. If it does wear out molds quickly, that could be a reason for some of the cost.
>>
>>44020256
No, they're pretty good actually. Definitely a good choice in a walker-heavy list.
>>
>>44020325
Type-3 Walkers have the rare allocation.
>>
>>44020572
Aren't they the type 4? The Apollo and Erberon are type 3.
>>
>>44020539
There was a rumor that Dave said they don't need release agent. Could not confirm after a quick googling.
>>
>>44020465
>4000 pts
>4 infantry squads

Wut?
>>
>>44020610
Yes, my mistake. Type-4s are rare allocations.
>>
>>44020644
Why would you need infantry when everything is going to be blown the fuck up after 2 or 3 turns?
>>
>>44020672
If you're not adjusting the game to account for that then you really shouldn't scale up that far.
>>
why are high ranking PHR commanders Viziers, a Turkish rank, instead of something badass Like Centurion-Prime or something. It's Roman but still gives that feeling of high Mediterranean culture. Instead of Kebab
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.