[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best time to start a Quest thread? How does the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Quest.jpg (28 KB, 293x288) Image search: [Google]
Quest.jpg
28 KB, 293x288
What is the best time to start a Quest thread?

How does the board, more or less, feel about them? Do you like them or not?

What kind of quest would you like to see?
>>
>>43968817

Never

Fuck you, no

No one
>>
>>43968817
>What is the best time to start a Quest thread?
When you're feeling it.

>How does the board, more or less, feel about them? Do you like them or not?
Some like, some hate. I run one, but don't play any others.

>What kind of quest would you like to see?
Doesn't matter; if it's not the quest YOU want to run, it'll be shit.
>>
Quests need a containment board.
>>
>>43968844
>Quests need a containment board.
Where you at dog the whole world behind
>>
>>43968817
We have a containment thread for this.
>>
1. Whenever you have 6 hours of free time to burn

2. Love/hate. I like them and run two, but it's a sensitive topic. This threat will probably turn into an argument thread shortly.

3. Something original.
>>
>>43968817
Nigga next time you ask for quest advice, either wait for the weekend thread or properly tag it as a quest related thread. It keeps the shit posters down to a minimum, otherwise have fun seeing 'don't run' as a suggestion at least half a dozen times
>>
>>43969136
Thanks
>>43968884

What would you define as "original"? Something devoid of any external influences, or just something that touches themes that are not often discussed? If so, what do you think are these themes?

>>43968843
I don't mind pleasing my audience a bit! There can be a bit for everyone, no?

>>43968842
Negative criticism is welcome too.
>>
>>43969242
Origonal idea, way of running, story telling, events. etc.
Don't carbon copy and youll be fine, even if its a varient of another quests setting.

And yeah, it has to be something you would enjoy to run. QM'ing takes a lot of effort.
>>
>>43969288
I don't mind, it's very enjoyable for me.
I just really like creating an interactive environment and feel that people care for my story. If it's not worth telling I will just drop it.
>>
>>43968842
Ma nigga
>>
>>43968817
keep your quest shit labeled in the subject field so we can filter that trash please

also just do it somewhere else would be better desu senpai
>>
>>43969998
>someone actually spent time typing out a post instead of just shift-clicking to hide the thread
>>
>>43968817
A Kult quest could be nice. >>43942637
>>
>>43968817
>What is the best time to start a Quest thread?
Whenever you like. Although you should maybe take a look around active quests to see if your target audience is not already saturated with similar quests.
>How does the board, more or less, feel about them? Do you like them or not?
Some love them, some hate them with a passion. A few autists are so dedicated to fighting them that they will shitpost in order to derail the quest.
>>
Right now it's Fridays/Saturdays at around 10PM GMT. That said, a lot of established quests run at that time, so you might want to try some other time slot for a new one.

As for what kind of quest, 'If I'd asked the people what they want, they'd have told me "a faster horse" -Henry Ford or some slut.

I run a quest, the board hates them in theory, but 90% of people either play in them or at least read the good ones. Basically, have a good enough concept and a solid enough story and people will like it.
>>
If you are planning on doing a slice of life quest, go home. They're shit. If you are going to run it with a set of specific options, as if it was a Choose Your Own Adventure novel, as opposed to letting people come up with decisions for themselves, go into writing said novels instead.

otherwise, if it's a good concept, not run shittily, hasn't been done a million times before (see: pokémon or generic animu waifu quests), and you aren't a newfag who considers /tg/ to be a board intended for quests, go ahead.
>>
>>43968817
>How does the board, more or less, feel about them?

They love drawquests.
>>
I hate quest threads. They just get in the way of other stuff.
>>
>>43968817
Do something new, doesn't matter if it draws from other works, make your own world. My first quest was shit, I stole a setting, the writing was bad, and the characters were flat.

But, it gave me the practice and feedback I needed. My most recent quest was a lot better, though there are some things that I'm still working on. You should always be open to advice from your players.

Have a good system too, people enjoy knowing if they fucked up a roll. It leads to people talking, which gives you time to write.

Feel free to improvise. Have a plan, but players will always derail it.

Be friendly with your players, it's a symbiotic relationship.

Lastly, some people enjoy coming into your thread to shitpost and throw a fit. Ignore them
>>
>>43968817
Personally, I very rarely like them. Even the ones I like I don't follow too long. It find them pretty annoying. But no where near as annoying as the Exalted thread copy text. "high flying" whatever irks the shit out of me for some reason.

But for the most part, they don't really get in the way. People enjoy them, they aren't shit posting, and it is an rpg which is part of what /tg/ is. And that's really all that matters.

If they become much more common, I think they'll almost deserve their own board. I think a few other boards do quests and cyoa too? I'm sure they would be happy to get rid of them.

As for quests I'd like to see, I am really interested in 40k quests. And the Heretek quest seems interesting, but I believe there are a shit load of parts and archived threads for it. And I personally don't think a quest should be a long ass super adventure on an image board. Two or three thread shorter games I think would be much nicer.
>>
File: 1240393095655[2].jpg (71 KB, 639x595) Image search: [Google]
1240393095655[2].jpg
71 KB, 639x595
>>43968817
>Two of my quest threads just straight-up died due to lack of interest

Personally I like quests, but some of them just go on for way too long. When they get into the 40s (seriously, how the fuck do you guys keep players interested for this long? What's your secret?!) it's just too long for newcomers to really get into. I personally prefer them short and sweet.

A stupid one. A really, really stupid one that knows it's stupid, revels in its stupidity and doesn't try to be anything other than stupid.
>>
>>43972105
>A stupid one. A really, really stupid one that knows it's stupid, revels in its stupidity and doesn't try to be anything other than stupid.

I hate those.
>>
>>43968817
Never.
>implying anyone can answer this one
They're absolute tripe, even the /tg/ related ones.
None. /pbp/ when.
>>
>>43972105
RANDUMB
>>
>>43972105
>A stupid one. A really, really stupid one that knows it's stupid, revels in its stupidity and doesn't try to be anything other than stupid.
PGQ
Pantsu Getter Quest
>>
>>43972355

The worst is the far bait quests. Can't think of a quest? Why not make a fap bait loophole around the /wst/ ban?
>>
>>43971756
I am also unreasonably annoyed by the text of the Exalted General threads. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
>>
>>43974534
I was worried I was the only one. But I didn't want to go into a thread full of Exalted fans and shit post about they thread. Everyone's life would be easier, but I look for an excuse to bitch about it.
>>
>>43974534
>>43975457
What is wrong with Exalted?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.