[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lord Byron, William Henley, Edgar Allen Poe and T.S. Elliot sit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: Lord Byron.jpg (100 KB, 800x1046) Image search: [Google]
Lord Byron.jpg
100 KB, 800x1046
Lord Byron, William Henley, Edgar Allen Poe and T.S. Elliot sit down to play D&D, with Lord Tennyson as the DM.

Whose character is the first to die, and how?
>>
>>43967701
T.S. Eliot's. Suicide via existential angst
>>
>>43967701
Tennyson. All the others kill him for being shit at storytelling.
>>
>>43968134
Unless he kills them first.
>>
Byron doesn't turn up to the first session because he's too busy fucking bitches.
>>
>>43967701

All I know is that Byron's Character will overcome every obstacle in his path and be handsome and amazing but continue to remain a societal outcast.
>>
Poe's drunk at the table, convinced everyone else at the table is out to kill his character.
>>
Edgar Allen Poe's. He creates a beautiful female character, probably a bard, and takes the time to show her as a character that's good, if a little symbolicly beautiful rather than humanly so, and then has her die under sad circumstances in order to create a feeling of sadness that elevates the others briefly into contact with a spiritual plane.
>>
>>43968248
Charisma as a dumpstat?
>>
>>43968302
>Charisma as a Dumpstat

Lord Byron was a sexual Tyrannosaurus with many male and female conquests. It's more of a reputation thing.

Surprisingly, Guts from Berserk is held up as an Example of a Byronic Hero.

In contrast, Griffith is a Romantic Hero.
>>
>>43968302
More like sanity.
>>
What D&D character would each of these guys create?

Easymode: what WoD character would each of these guys create? (I mean, come on)

Hardmode: What Dark Heresy character would each of these guys create?
>>
>>43968248
Sadly he couldn't overcome fort saves v. disease.
>>
>>43969284
But man, did he look good when he went.
>>
>>43970141
!
>>
>>43967701
Throw Lovecraft in and you have my interest.
>>
>>43972988
With all due respect to a pop culture icon, I don't think you can really place Lovecraft on the same level as Tennyson or Henley.
>>
>>43973078
He'd make a good GM.
>>
>>43976675
sure, but he would run CoC, which nobody else at the table would enjoy
>>
>>43978226
What if they ask him to run Golden Sky Stories?
>>
>>43979291
That would be hilarious, and Byron would still be a vampire that fucks everything
>>
>>43979343
Also it would go terribly, because I really doubt lovecraft could tell a story about an idyllic isolated town on an island with shape shifters without it getting creepy, even if he really tried his best
>>
>>43979424
It also takes place in Japan, which, not being populated solely by white people, is a hellish and mysterious alien landscape.
>>
>>43967701
More importantly, which classes would they play?
>>
>>43968527
>Easymode: what WoD character would each of these guys create? (I mean, come on)
I know you're expecting me to say Byron would be a Sidhe and Elliot would be a Hollow One, but if you read the dedicated splatbooks and know something about the poets you'd realize they don't actually fit all that much.
>>
>>43979971
>being this dense
Byron is the fuckdoll promethean archetype
Elliot is a sin-eater celebrant
>>
>>43980006
>NWoD
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.