[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phanty Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: Phanty SUP.png (837 KB, 1032x1154) Image search: [Google]
Phanty SUP.png
837 KB, 1032x1154
The continuing adventures of an Anon and his ghost. And the diner they've emptied of occupants

TWITTER:

https://twitter.com/QuestGuy1
ARCHIVE:

All Phanty Quest threads so far:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B32Wff8dg015dHBGVDBmcVVCT0k&usp=sharing

Also, All of the first Winnie Quest by popular demand!
Winnie Quest 1: Enter White Fell

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B32Wff8dg015THdJdkdSVGRoLUE&usp=sharing
>>
>>43966803
WooWoo Quest LIVES!
>>
File: PhantyHoliday.png (186 KB, 500x724) Image search: [Google]
PhantyHoliday.png
186 KB, 500x724
>>43966803
Excellent. Sad I can't download WQ part 4/5, but this will do just fine.

Now to get into the spirit of the season and the spirit of the thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVxop3_sS2Q
>>
>>43966803
Sweet, now I can finally trawl through the beginnings of Winnie quest, thanks OP!
>>
File: dog in car.jpg (53 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
dog in car.jpg
53 KB, 500x667
>>43966911
Nice pic.
Supposedly, /co/ is going to have some "spooky thread before christmas" thing, meaning that we can look forward to more festive Ghoul pics.
Possibly including some skimpy Santa outfits
>>
Phantasma moves over and through herself like a humanoid hurricane. She doesn't have enough bodies to work the kitchen, so she makes a few out of herself.

Pots and food and skillets are floating in air, clattering on stoves, skittering on table tops. She does the entire workload of an army mess hall and does it faster.

Eggs crack, toast crisps, bacon sizzles,.

And the smell of breakfast is absolutely everywhere.

To someone without your abilities it would look like the kitchen was possessed by a spastic and crazy intelligence.

Which would only be half right.

But you can see Phanty-Or rather the Phanties-as the orderly chefs in the middle of all the chaos putting berry-faces on pancakes and giving them whip cream hairdos.

It's like looking at a Picasso painting featuring an Andy Warhol character.

A wisp of blue connects the Phanties in the kitchen to the Phanty sitting across from you.

"Catherine..." she muses. "I know we got a lot of leads to check out..." Phanty says starting to keep count on long blue fingers. "The movie poster from the Film Center, the address Brenda gave us..." She signs and leans back.

"...And my contacts at the museum might be able to tell us more about these coins. Catherine said they were like, bugged or something. Doc Smith should be able to tell use more about it. And you'll like meeting him, he's a swell old ghost! And we also got to shake down some ghost hunters to find out what they were doing breaking into Brenda's place..."

Phanty holds up a hand "...And Catherine makes five. And I guess we could check in with Carlyle later as well. But I really think you should take me to see Catherine first. She's the weirdest part of this case by far, and that's saying something! AHHHHAAAAHHHHHOOOOOHAAAA!"

DO WE MAKE PLANS FOR WHERE TO GO AFTER BREAKFAST?

DO WE ASK PHANTY TO CAN THE SHOP TALK FOR NOW AND LOOSEN UP THE MOOD?

DO WE ASK WHY PHANTY IS COOKING SO MUCH WHEN THERE AREN'T ANY CUSTOMERS?
>>
>>43967120
>Ask the Phanties to chill, we spent the night fighting a maybe delusional ghost wizard/ wizard ghost, a small break in in order
>>
>>43967120
>DO WE MAKE PLANS FOR WHERE TO GO AFTER BREAKFAST?
Not now, we're too busy-
> ASKING PHANTY TO CAN THE SHOP TALK FOR NOW AND LOOSEN UP THE MOOD?
It's romantic comedy hi-jinks time.

>DO WE ASK WHY PHANTY IS COOKING SO MUCH WHEN THERE AREN'T ANY CUSTOMERS?
If you cook it they will come. Open all the windows and let the smell of greasy breakfast draw the customers.
>>
>>43967120
"Food first phanty, then we can talk about business." Does the Diner have a Jukebox or a Radio we can turn on?
>>
>>43967120
>DO WE ASK PHANTY TO CAN THE SHOP TALK FOR NOW AND LOOSEN UP THE MOOD?

Yus
>>
>>43967020
I'd prefer if we can get some pics from these threads here, but, beggers can't be choosers.

>>43967120
I wouldn't mind if we could talk shop now. But maybe that's an after breakfast thing.

As for where we should go. We should go home. We may be tired and could use a rest. If we aren't tired, well we still have our sore back, our Halloween costume that needs to change, and despite the fact that we did a surface cleaning, we should probably shower, even if we don't reek of piss, we're going to feel uncomfortable/may smell.
>>
>>43967160
>>43967167
>>43967251
>>43967252
>>43967260

>Loosen up the mood.

Phanty smiles. "Yeah, I guess we deserve a break. What a Halloween, am I right? And to think I was actually worried I would have a boring Halloween compared to my ghoul-friends! Sibella has this crazy awesome dinner with her family and Winnie had this martial arts match against a girl form Japan with all these tails..."

Phanty sighs and creates a coffee cup out of her ecto, drinks it, and fills it back up. A white wisp with a blue streak wafts up form it.

"...I'm talking too much, aren't I?" She says grinning nervously.

"Sorry about that. I got a lot of energy left over from plowing through all those goombahs last night." She motions to the kitchen. "As you can see, and hear, and smell, and in a few moments, taste! AHHHHAAAAHHHAAAHEEOOOOHHAA!"

"...Anon. Do you think Catherine is going to be alright? I mean, she seemed pretty confused to you, didn't she? Do you think if she doesn't turn out to be what she thinks she is she'll still be...okay?"

YOU SENSE THIS IS TROUBLING PHANTY GREATLY. DO WE TALK ABOUT THIS?

DO WE STEER THE CONVERSATION AWAY TO SOMETHING ELSE?

DO WE ASK MORE ABOUT PHANTY'S CRAZY SOUNDING FRIENDS?

>>43967167
>Open windows

You open a few windows and let the wonderful, wonderful smells escape out into the crisp cold morning.

You hear some egg timers go off. Some good stuff is going to be ready soon!

>>43967251
Its got a Jukebox and a Radio.

You can turn one or both on. Turning the Radio on might clue you into the news.

RADIO OR JUKEBOX?

>>43967260
>Head home

IS HOME OUR NEXT STOP AFTER BREAKFAST?

AND DO WE PLAN TO GO HOME ALONE OR DO WE PLAN FOR...COMPANY?
>>
>>43967487
I suspect Phanty's worries about Catherine not being who she thinks she is might be more her worries about herself after going Full WooWoo on those toughs.
>TALK ABOUT THE TROUBLES
>JUKEBOX
Should we invite Phanty back to our digs? Doesn't need to be romantic, just a night between friends after so much stress...
>INVITE PHANTY TO COME HOME WITH US AFTER NOMS
>>
>>43967487
>Turning the Radio on might clue you into the news.
I have a feeling that whatever news we hear is going to ruin the mood. Just use the jukebox.

>YOU SENSE THIS IS TROUBLING PHANTY GREATLY. DO WE TALK ABOUT THIS?
As much as I want to hear about Winnie competing in the Sakura Spirit MMA, Phanty seems to want to talk about Catherine. As much as I want to ignore all that right now and have a good time, I don't think our ghostly gal is going to have a good time until we discuss the troubles of our fairy friend.

About heading home, maybe we should run home alone, leaving Phanty at the diner, real quick for a shower and change of clothes (don't want to drive out the customers), then come back.
As for after the diner hi-jinks, I think it's too early to start planning that, but, from the way things are going, I'd say planning for company wouldn't be a bad idea.
So, if we do my previous idea of running home to take a shower, let's also pick up a little, don't want Phanty to see our embarrassing whatever-this-anon's-equivalence-to-Winnie-Anon's-weeb-collection-is.
>>
>>43967487
>RADIO
"Phanty, I'm about to turn on the news, on a scale of 1-10 how bad is the stuff I'm going to hear be?"
>>
>>43967487
>I'm talking too much
"No, no, it's fine. I don't think you and I have talked much, when we're not working, I mean."

>Radio/Jukebox
I don't know if I want to hear about what the public thinks about what happened last night right now. Lets stick with Jukebox, either some good jazz/ragtime if it's there or something bright from the 60s/70s

>Plan for company?
I think we should expect Phantasma to want to follow us back. We just had a major scare and I don't think she's going to want us to travel alone.

>>43967593
I hardly think our collection of noir memorabilia is going to ruin anything here. She seems well aware anyways.

>>43967487

>Catherine
I think taking the honest route about this is the best course of action. We don't know if she'll be okay. But we should try and act reassuring because this seems much more than just Catherine herself.

Maybe something like this:
"To be honest, I don't know. I think that she will be. At the very least, her being isolated from the Mafia right now and in a safe spot is the best thing for her. She can take the time to herself and think about it all for a while. I do have her contact though, if things get rough or if you want to talk to her sometime."
>>
>>43967790
>I think we should expect Phantasma to want to follow us back. We just had a major scare and I don't think she's going to want us to travel alone.
Personally, I think we should expect Phantasma to want to follow us back and give us a major scare.
A major scare, of the WOO WOO variety.
If you know what I mean.
By "scare".
And "WOO WOO".
I'm saying we're about to lose our probable virginity and become necrophiliacs very soon.
>>
>>43967871
I don't think she's going to be jumping our bones just yet. We know she likes us a lot more than she is willing to admit, but she's not like Winnie.

That and I think she's not in any emotional state/mood to try anything right now.
>>
>>43967586
>>43967593
>>43967790

>Talk about whats troubling Phanty

>"Catherine is safe"

"I'm glad she is. But I'm more worried about...well, her being her."

>"I do have her contact though, if things get rough or if you want to talk to her sometime"

"Yeah. I do want to talk to her,,,I guess I sort of find myself...identifying with Catherine. A little. Maybe." Phanty's fingers intertwine into a little blue ball.

"...Is that wrong? I mean I know she's a criminal and she worked for the Ghost Mafia. And maybe she contributed to whatever got Sarah in trouble. But Sarah at least had Brenda. It sounds like Catherine only has herself, and she doesn't even know what that is..."

WHAT DO WE TELL PHANTY NOW?

>>43967790
>>43967756
>>43967593

>Jukebox beats Radio

You flip on the jukebox. This starts playing:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrytKuC3Z_o

"Ah! It's ready!" Phanty exclaims.

You can switch the tunes if you like.

A ghostly procession of Phanty hands carry two plates to your table.

The one placed in front of you has a sizzling omlete with a drizzling of white cheese on a bed of hash browns. There's also one of Phanty's Boo-Berry pancake stacks. A brown face stares up at you with smile of plump blueberries and a familiar curl of whipped cream hair.

The plate placed in front of Phanty has nothing on it. But in a flash is filled with a faint blue duplicate of your own breakfast.

"Well Anon, what do you think?"

WHAT DO WE THINK?
>>43966911
>Can't download part 4

Sorry to hear that. Is anyone else having problems?
>>
Also, sorry if I'm a bit slow tonight. I didn't plan on being as busy as I am right now.
>>
>>43968074
>Of course it isn't wrong. We'll help Catherine sort herself out if we can. Maybe even make friends properly. She doesn't seem like an awful person, she just needs a chance to show how good she can be. You could help her with that, Phanty. Couldn't think of anyone with a bigger heart than you.

BOO-ST THAT CONFIDENCE, PHANTY! YOU ARE BETTER THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE!
>WE THINK IT'S DELICIOUS LOOKING
>43968111
FORGIVEN
>>
>>43968074
>"Well Anon, what do you think?"
Be sure to actually take a bite out of it before responding.

>WHAT DO WE TELL PHANTY NOW?
Better get it all out in the open; tell her the more troubling details. Tell her that Catherine claims to have a soul too big to hold in one body, and that's why she has those "vessels". Tell her how your regular light attacks wouldn't work on her. Tell her that she can manipulate ectoplasm and was going to "TRY" (according the PhantyQuest, there is a large emphasis on "try") to manipulate her. Tell her everything.

>Also, sorry if I'm a bit slow tonight. I didn't plan on being as busy as I am right now.
Neither did I. I'm sure other Anons are in the same predicament, too, so please feel free to take your time.
Don't rush yourself, your stuff is worth the wait. If any NEETs are bored sitting around for the next post, check out something else while you wait. The Internet is a big place.
>>
>>43968074
I guess we can go after her someday and brighten her day. (Nope, never talk about this ever again, we KNOW what she could do or at least try to do to Phanty if we lower our guard)

>Act really excited for the food you will consume. Then stop. Compose yourself and try to act hardboiled. TRY.

Also, i am glad you are back, day's not so bad after all.
>>
>>43968074
>Identifies with Catherine
Well that was quite a bit of info in a single sentence. With that said, lets not press the question of what she means by identifying, but instead lead the discussion naturally to it if she wants to reveal more.

"Its...hard. Being on your own. It's completely reasonable. Besides, we know the Ghost Mafia tends to be a rather addictive tonic. She's as much a victim as she is an accomplice.

>What do we think?
"I have to say, this looks pretty impressive!"

Lets take a bite. Here is hoping it's as good as it looks.

>Busy today
Oh don't worry, I am too this evening. Still going to try and contribute when I can. The place I'm going to is a concrete box with shitty reception, but I want to contribute still.
>>
>>43968074
>>43968286

Also, I'm >>43966911 without the trip. I can still see the drive at least, and was able to download part 5. I can at least still look at it. So it's not all bad.
>>
>>43968270
>we KNOW what she could do or at least try to do to Phanty if we lower our guard
Word of god says (PhantyQuest once posted) that Catherine cannot successfully control Phanty.
However, the character "Anon" doesn't know that, all he knows is that Catherine can control ectoplasm and claims to have wanted to control Phanty. If we really want to keep player and character knowledge separate, should we try to keep Phanty away from Catherine under this misinformation?
>>
>>43968336
I think that we should keep them away, at least at first. We got her contact info, we never said anything about our partner using it. We could always start with phone calls. Or get creative and remove the fedora temporarily, if only so that she has a 'vessel' to talk through. I mean we should still tell Phanty about her powers, if we did pursue that line of discussion.

I should mention that I am all for Catherine and Phantasma interacting together. I think it'll be good for both of them eventually.
>>
File: that one diner painting.jpg (211 KB, 2126x1160) Image search: [Google]
that one diner painting.jpg
211 KB, 2126x1160
>>43968074
>You can switch the tunes if you like.
That songs alright, but if we need to change it for whatever reason; song ends, or if we want to set a more "gloomy diner" mood, let's switch to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n08b1ptdnYM
Ever since Cry's playthrough, I can't picture a "gloomy diner/bar" setting without this playing in my head
>>
>>43968336
I explicitely remember we asked in-character Catherine what was she planning to do when Phanty showed up and she told us.

Word of God confirmed us she would have failed and we would end up in a boss fight with a Berzerker Phanty.

We have enough in-character knowledge to not want to let Phanty get near Catherine. She is unstable and can do SOMETHING bad to Phanty.

>If she succeds than Phanty is under her control
>If she fails who knows?
>Should anon risk it?
I say no, but whatever you want to do is fine.
>>
>>43968450
Is that painting the Boulevard of the Broken Dreams?
>>
>>43968286
>>43968270

You take a big bite of pancake. Good lord is it delicious! Buttery smooth and as soft as a cloud!

ROLL 1d30 TO ATTEMPT TO MAINTAIN HARD BOILED PERSONA IN THE FACE OF THE FLAVOR ONSLAUGHT

>>43968167
>Boo-st that confidence Phanty! You are better than you think you are!

DO WE SAY THIS TO PHANTY?

IT WILL NO DOUBT MAKE HER LAUGH AND AMUSE HER, BUT OUR HARD BOILED RATING WILL DECREASE!
>>43968286
>Picks up on Phanty saying she identifies with Catherine

I was worried you guy were going to miss that detail!

>"Its...hard. Being on your own. It's completely reasonable. Besides, we know the Ghost Mafia tends to be a rather addictive tonic. She's as much a victim as she is an accomplice.

"Yeah. You have NO idea how hard it is to be alone. Because you aren't really alone when you're alone....ahhhahhhaah." Phanty chuckles weakly. She plays with her ghost-food with a ghost-fork in an absent minded way.

"Have you ever been alone before Anon? I mean, really alone to the point its just yourself talking to yourself?"

HAVE WE EVER BEEN THAT ALONE?

YOU SENSE THIS LINE OF CONVERSATION IS GOING TO START REVEALING THINGS ABOUT PHANTASMA IF YOU CONTINUE IT.

>>43968456
>>43968440
>>43968336
>>43968270

DO WE TELL PHANTY ABOUT THE UNCOMFORTABLE DETAILS?

OR DO WE KEEP HER IN THE DARK FOR NOW?
>>
Rolled 30 (1d30)

>>43968555
>IT WILL NO DOUBT MAKE HER LAUGH AND AMUSE HER, BUT OUR HARD BOILED RATING WILL DECREASE!
Not if we do a... Hardboiled delivery

>HAVE WE EVER BEEN THAT ALONE?
What part of HARD-BOILED are you not getting? The part where we are not? Okay...

>DO WE TELL PHANTY ABOUT THE UNCOMFORTABLE DETAILS?
I say we tell her, one way or another she will try to contact her.
>>
Rolled 28 (1d30)

>>43968555
>This dame's laugh is worth the loss of hardboiledness. We must protect that smile!
>ALONE???
I mean, unless our family members also had powers and could see and talk with ghosts, probably. I bet it cost us a few friends as a kd. Maybe that's why we're so dedicated ot being hardboiled? If you act like a hardcore loner, then maybe it won't hurt so much to have so few friends?
>DARK SECRETS?
Tell her to at least be careful. Catherine's dangerous, to herself and others, and she might lash out at an olive branch out of instinct.
>>
Anons, today the good rolls are with us.
>>
>>43968625
Play around with the lights so we can make everything black and white.
30 out of 30 in hardboiledness demands it.
>>
File: dark excellent phanty.png (322 KB, 478x356) Image search: [Google]
dark excellent phanty.png
322 KB, 478x356
>>43968456
I say we have them interact.
If everything goes well then we have a new teammate and friend, and both Catherine and Phanty are better off from the experience.

If things go bad and, like PhantyQuest said, all that manipulation accomplishes is making Phanty more pissed off, then we get to see Dark Excellent Phantasma, which I for one would very much enjoy.
>>
>>43968555
>Details or Dark?
Dark for now, we've gone down a road that bringing this up will just be an unwelcome distraction. I say once we do get into happier territory/talk shop more, then we bring it up.

>Have we ever been that alone?
We have a past, I can't help but think that. I mean, we talk to ghosts, and we definitely had an incident with communing with ghosts as a mistic/ghost whisperer. If that didn't drive us into isolation, I don't know what would.

Perhaps a simple "Yes." would do here. Don't flinch and hide it though. We're doing it for reassurance.

>>43968625
Well, with that type of roll.

"They're pretty good. You definitely have a way with a whisk.
>>
>>43968625
>That roll

You manage to maintain your hard boiled rating and compliment her cooking at the same time!

"I'm glad you like it! Maybe I can start cooking for you and Carlyle more often. It would certainly beat those donuts we always have."

What's more, you earn your first SOUL OF HARD-BOILED. You have +5 on attempts to maintain your Hard-Boiled character.

>>43968683
You put the movie filter on.

The Diner goes black and white. Even the boo-berry pancakes seem a bit more edgy with their color drained. In your heart you hear the sounds of ancient automobiles roar by hot on some lead and the billboard advertising Questworld virtual reality outside ceases to exist.

You feel good. You feel in the zone.

"Oh!" Phanty gasps. "You did the movie thing! I love it when you do they movie thing!"

But her enthusiasm quickly dries. "Oh...you want to say something hard-boiled about being alone right? I guess its only right. I did start it after all with my moping."

>>43968741
>>43968625
>>43968637

You tell Phanty that it was hard growing up with powers. You weren't born into a family of psychics, and you kept seeing ghosts and you didn't really understand it when you were a boy.

"You didn't have a lot of friends growing up? I didn't either. It wasn't until I was uh, older that I started to really come out of my shell." Phanty seems to brighten up a little.

"And I had so much fun I decided never to crawl back in! AHHHAAAHHAAHOOOEEAAA!"

"But you know when you're alone like that you just talk to yourself a lot? You think and you think and you think and soon its like you're two people, then its like you're several people?"

Phanty searches your eyes for understanding. "...You know what I mean?"

DO WE KNOW WHAT SHE MEANS?

>>43968707
>>43968637
>>43968625

LIGHT

>>43968741
DARK

>Anon decides to spill it about Catherine.

You mention that Catherine mentioned some weird thing about having a soul bigger than her body.

-cont
>>
>>43969092
>DO WE KNOW WHAT SHE MEANS?
"No, no i don't. Is there something you want to talk about?"
>>
Praise be to Quest Guy

>>43969092
Oh my is this a choice on Anon's backstory/Character? I'm gonna say that we do know what she means but we have never gotten too deep into it ourselves.

>>43968666
>>43968625
Nice Rolls, feelin good tonight
>>
>>43969092
>Do we know what she means
Out of character, I totally know what she means. Its extremely shitty.

In character, I think we maybe understand a little, at least the point to where we talk to ourselves. But I don't think we fully understand it to the level that she means. Maybe it hasn't gotten that bad. Close, but not that bad. Lets place a hand on the table in the general vicinity. She can hold it if she feels she needs to.
>>
>>43969335
Supporting this.
>>
>>43969092
Sup PQ
make sure we do go get new pants before we see people, living or otherwise. We did piss our pants last thread
>>
>>43969092
Phanty reacts to isolation by filling it with noise, I feel like Anon reacts to isolation by convincing himself that's the way it's supposed to be. Quiet and lonely and black and white and grey.
I mean, if the world is supposed to be lonely, then being alone isn't so bad, right?
>>
>>43969422
We fixed it with our powers, no worries.
>>
>>43969445
PQ, is isolation the theme ofthis quest?
>>
>>43969092
Pausing at the DO WE KNOW WHAT SHE MEANS because the part where we talk about Cahterine drops some bombs.

>>43969299
Yep! You guys can add to Anon's backstory and Character through your choices.

>>43969445
I personally really like this. Is everyone else alright with telling Phanty this?
>>
>>43969465
Should we adjust our light trick now that it's black and white?
Also, I really think we should run home to shower and get dressed soon.
>>
>>43969485
Oh, and real quick. On a scale of 1 to 10 how dark should dark get in this quest?
>>
>>43969503
I'm feeling a 7. Keep with the tone of a noir adventure with two slightly damaged, but still fundamentally good people trying to do what they can in a dirtied world.
>>
>>43969503
>>
>>43969503
7-10.
Nothing below 7 because dealing with ghosts and ghost mafias, we need to be fairly dark.
Up to 10 because, again, it would fit well with this lore, and I have faith that you can pull it off.
>>
File: 164633.jpg (30 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
164633.jpg
30 KB, 225x350
>>43969422
>>43969465
We did fix it, but I think the general consensus is after breakfast and the diner functioning back as it was supposed to, we're stopping back home to clean ourselves up and maybe rest up too.

>>43969485
I think we should go with that idea, even if I suggested the helping hand. The parallels of them being alone together, but vastly different is too good.

>>43969503
I'd say use pic related as a reference point. If you haven't seen it. 7-8. There is some silliness to be had, but I really love the dramatic tension going on here.
>>
File: 1446466429665.png (315 KB, 586x476) Image search: [Google]
1446466429665.png
315 KB, 586x476
I wonder if Phanty's biggest fear is Anon dying, because there's a chance she could never, ever see him again. The one person she connects with in a world where the dead can come back at the cost of their memories, that seems like a very real worry for her. Or worse, if he comes back and doesn't remember her at all.
>>
>>43969465
>>43969465
No, we made it look like we didn't piss ourself. The pants are still cold and smell
>>
>>43969627
Why do you think I'm glad we didn't kick the bucket when Luigi punched us into a tree?
>>
>>43969635
Pretty sure we flash cleaned it with our powers.
>>
>>43969635
>>43969746
We altered the light on our pants to erase the dark spot. The pee is still there. We are still sitting in our own pee while eating breakfast and having super deep discussions with Phanty.
And now that we changed the lights, our little trick may not be working right now.
>>
>>43969771
Looked back, cleaned and dried our pants in the bathroom using the hand drier while Phanty-panties was cooking.
>>
>>43969853
>Phanty-panties
How would we go about making that her actual nickname that Anon actually calls her?
>>
>>43969627
>>43969635
I thing these two posts side by side really capture the feel of Phanty Quest.

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but its certainly interesting.

>>43969635
We did some awkward washing in the bathroom last time.

But yeah, we do need to head home and change. And sleep. And sleep.

>>43969627
WARNING. GIGA-SPOILERS READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Its already happened. Not to Phanty but to another character. And in a big, big way beyond a single person not remembering them.

>>43969575
>>43969570
>>43969545
>>43969550

I'm getting an eight-ish feeling.

>>43969570

At 10 things will be fucked up. Not in the sense of someone turning evil or someone dying, but still fucked up. Think the scariest stuff from Vertigo comics.

>>43969575
>>43969445

I HOPE I DON"T BLOW THIS!

You place a hand on the table.

"Phanty. It' been a hard life for both of us."

She starts to laugh slowly and awkwardly at what she thinks is a joke. But you stop her by gently placing your hand on top of hers.

"I'm serious. It hasn't been easy. I got a habit like some guys smoke and some guys drink. I got a habit where I give up."

"Anon..." Phanty says softly. She stares at you with open, soulful eyes.

"I give up on the world and fall into myself because without the world that's the only place you can go. I give up and I surround myself with things that are quiet and lonely and black and white and grey because I see the world that way and don't know how to make it any different...that's my habit. But yours is a lot braver of a habit. You fill the world with light and sound and color and warmth because you see the world just like I do but you don't stop at just seeing the world. You reach out and change it. You make the world more like how its supposed to be every day."

Phanty cups your hand with both of hers. You feel her ectoplasmic skin tingle on top of your hand, under your hand, even inside your hand

-cont
>>
File: 1444188138376.png (309 KB, 540x370) Image search: [Google]
1444188138376.png
309 KB, 540x370
>>43969900
Copious amounts of alcohol.
>Inb4 she laughs and whispers into Anon's ear that she doesn't wear any
>>
Woah wait what? did I miss any quests? or was I just coming at misunderstood times?

I thoguht they all started at 7 and eventually i thought the quest died.
>>
File: 1448494190650.jpg (162 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448494190650.jpg
162 KB, 1200x1200
>>43967020
the spook before christmas
begins december 21st
>>
>>43969949
I kinda want to know if ghosts can even get drunk. Seeing as we know a lot can't actually do it. Do they play act it? Or is there some sort of ethereal spirits that they drink that lets them lose inhibition?

>>43969929
An 8 seems about right. I'm really loving the moodiness combined with the potential heart.

As for the feel of Phanty Quest. Keep up with that. I think the super serious with the little bit of silly is balancing really well.
>>
>>43970151
Maybe they remember the act of getting drunk? And performing the physical motions is just a placebo?
I was talking more about Anon getting shitfaced and calling her that as she helps him stumble home.
>>
File: 1437111928620.gif (1001 KB, 200x166) Image search: [Google]
1437111928620.gif
1001 KB, 200x166
REMINDER TO PHANTY QUEST GUY ABOUT HOW COSMIC RAYS/GAMMA RAYS WORK WITH LIVING TISSUE

in general, you get cancer from long low doses of radiation or other dna-damaging processes like free radicals. essentially you need to roll a thousand dice until you come up all snake eyes. if you roll the dice a hundred times a day for years, you stand a much better chance than rolling the dice ten thousand times in a few seconds of cosmic ray exposure.

not to mention the more powerful the radiation, the much more likely it is that cells will outright die rather than mutate. Too many cells die and you get radiation poisoning, which usually just sucks ass for 48 hours then you're back to being ok. Unless its a lethal dose...

>tl;dr when going star-mode, don't worry about cancer, worry about radiation poisoning
>>
File: phantasma mystery.png (72 KB, 1155x610) Image search: [Google]
phantasma mystery.png
72 KB, 1155x610
>>43970151
>>43970185
>Can ghosts get drunk?
>Can ghosts experience mortal sensations?

I for one am more interested in the possibility of ghosts getting aroused.
All this talk over the past few threads about sleeping with Phanty, but we're not even sure if that would actually do anything for her.

Do ghosts masturbate?
>>
>>43970281
She certainly seemed to like us touching her cheek...
>>
I assume this movie was everyone's childhood staple enough to warrant her wide recognition.
>tfw I had a crush on this character
>>
>>43970297
There's been a lot of descriptive scenes where Anon and Phanty touch.
In the car back in the first or second thread, she just kept phasing through us.
But as we go on, things get more descriptive, more solid, more "real".
That has to mean something.
>>
>>43970324

I think it's safe to say Alot of people in this modern day and age had some sort of affection towards A cartoon character
>>
>>43969929
Its like having your hand squeezed by a small, moody thundercloud. One that has a distant, warm sun rising behind it.

"Anon..." She begins, more serious than you've ever seen her. "...I'm not brave. If anything I'm a coward. I throw around smiles and jokes. But that's all those things are."

"Ha." She says ruefully. "The only thing less tangible than myself are the thing I do."

You give her hand a squeeze. "There's nothing intangible about this." You say.

"I wasn't made to be alone." You continue. "You weren't made to be alone. No one was. There's no man or ghost or werewolf or vampire or anything that can get by on their own. If all you do is talk to yourself you're never going to feel like a whole being because you aren't. Trust me, I know. People were made for other people. That's just how it is."

Phanty nods. A warm smile begins to spread across her face. "Its hard reaching outside of ones self. You always lose a part of yourself when you do that, but I think, in the end, you make more of yourself by doing so."

"Phanty begins to move through the table. Her face inching closer towards yours.

"All my life I've been asking myself what I am. And I never got an answer. And so I started to ask people to tell me what i was. And I became a daughter, a student, a friend, ...even a teacher to some. I became alive."

Her hair brushes against your forehead. Her eyes lock with yours. "I want you to tell me what I am Anon. Name me, and I'll name you in return."

(I hope I didn't screw that up!)

WE ARE AT A CRITICAL MOMENT!

WHAT DO WE TELL HER!

AND DO WE...KISS HER?

>>43970242
>Rad poisoning isn't always lethal

Huh, Something Fallout got right...

Thanks anon. This is good to know. It makes star-mode less lethal one way more lethal another way.

>>43970281
>>43970185
They don't -feel- things like humans. But they do have emotions and they are social creatures. They want to fit in and have special relationships with people.
>>
>>43970324
Yep.
>>
>>43970326
Phanty is doing her hardest to feel more and more "real" because she wants to have a physical relationship with anon and she wants anon to enjoy her. She derives enjoyment in this relationship not so much from physical sensation but through making Anon happy. She's worried about it ending up an awkward mess.
>>
>>43970359
>"You're my light"
>KISS THE GIRL

WOOWOO! Super corny thing to say, but these are some corny kids.
>>
>>43970359
>Phantasma, I-
>Something Loud happens and interrupts the scene
>>
>>43970359
>DO WE...KISS HER?
Yes, absolutely!

>I want you to tell me what I am Anon. Name me
>WE ARE AT A CRITICAL MOMENT!
>WHAT DO WE TELL HER!
>>43969853
>>43969900
This is our chance! Do we break the dramatic tension? Is it worth it?!
>>
>>43970359
>AND DO WE...KISS HER?
Just kiss her, that should tell her what she is to us.
>Name me and I'll name you in return
Cthulu chan is that you?

Other wise "Your name is Phantasma and you're the girl I love."
>>
>>43970108
Don't worry. There's an archive of threads in the OP along with a link to my Twitter where I post times for the next game.
>>
>>43970438
<Phanty gets pissed and goes full cosmic horror on whatever interrupted
>>
>>43970486
>We kiss the cosmic horror until she's back to being Phanty-shaped
>>
File: space kook laughs endlessly.gif (173 KB, 495x350) Image search: [Google]
space kook laughs endlessly.gif
173 KB, 495x350
I really want things to get romantic with a kiss, then hot and sexy with full on making out on the table, and in the middle of it all, Anon looks up and sees that customers have finally arrived and have witnessed with their limited mortal eyes what appears to be a fedora + trench coat wearing man making out with himself.
>>
>>43970434
Supporting this.
>>
File: Ohgaad.png (165 KB, 448x388) Image search: [Google]
Ohgaad.png
165 KB, 448x388
>>43970433
Damn son. This is going to be a bumpy ride both in humour and in drama.

>>43970359
I say we go a little 40s here.

"You are Phantasma. You are a friend, you are my partner, you are my confident, you are my ghou-oh hell"

Lean in and kiss her right then.

>>43970516
As funny as that image is, Phantasma is visible when she wants to be, and seeing as she's acting waitstaff as well. I expect she wants to be seen.
>>
>>43970462
>Let our kiss speak for itself

VS

>>43970434
>>43970453

>Give her a name

WHAT DO ANON?
>>
Oh man, just noticed in the winniebin. We don't have the fight in there. I take it it was lost to deletion?
>>
>>43970620
>Name her, the lady asked, after all.
Sticking by calling her the light of our lives.
>>
>>43970620
Inb4 she's not to physical to let us kiss her and we just phase through and we have embarrassment stricken across our face and but she understands the sentiment
>>
>>43970620
I'm all for giving her a name (go with the light schtick) if we don't go with my suggestion here >>43970585
>>
>>43970620
Give name and then kiss the pretty ghost lady.
>>
>>43970620
>We're still wearing our fedora and trench coat, right?
>We're still in a black and white room, right?
>We've just got a 30 roll for hardboiledness, right?

>Grab her by the shoulders
>"Whoever you are, lady, I love you"
>Kiss her
>Scene fades to black
>>
>>43970691
Awww shit, well now we have to fade to black right? That shit is smooth.
>>
>>43968481
Sorry, didn't see your post until just now.
Don't know what Boulevard of Broken Dreams is, but reverse google image search is telling me it's called "Nighthawk", by Edward Hopper
>>
Go to post quick, I need to make a run for dinner.

>>43970691
>>43970732

DO WE DO THIS OR TELL HER SHE IS OUR LIGHT?

There may be one or two hours before I can post again.
>>
>>43970854
Doubling down on her being our light.
>>
>>43970854
She is our light.
>>
>>43970854
I'm for light first, but I'm all for fading it to black when we kiss. I mean, if she's our light. She'll be glowing right? May as well own up this cheese!
>>
>>43970854
You're my light Phantyquest.
>>
File: 1447379312495.png (1 MB, 1070x1190) Image search: [Google]
1447379312495.png
1 MB, 1070x1190
>>43970137
I wonder if Herny will show up?
>>
>>43971546
If not there is always his art blog.
>>
Instead of fading to black like in the movies we shut up the sun itself AND fade to black literally
>>
>>43970904
>>43970923
>>43970930

"Well Phanty, what I'm trying to say, I mean, what I mean to say is..." Phanty waits, a patient smile on her lips.

"Aw, to hell with it. Baby, you'e my light."

ROLL 3D30 TO SUCCESSFULLY MAKE OUT WITH A GHOST
>>
Rolled 7 (1d30)

>>43971854
/tg/ dice, please play nice...
>>
File: phanty_woowoo.png (554 KB, 1098x1453) Image search: [Google]
phanty_woowoo.png
554 KB, 1098x1453
>>43966803
Hey Quest Guy, I am really digging the lore of the Ghoul School expanded universe you are creating, so I tried my hand at some writefaggotry to explore what might happen in a world where ghosts and monsters were recently proven to exist. It stars Winnie-Quest Anon, as he seems like the Anon with the most room to grow at the moment.

Would love it if you had a chance to read it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SUas77Crfks-XLqQo9KXjJJ1GkX04A0v-QnrEUaN4I8/edit?usp=sharing

I also wrote some lewds.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SUas77Crfks-XLqQo9KXjJJ1GkX04A0v-QnrEUaN4I8/edit?usp=sharing
>>
Rolled 26 (1d30)

>>43971854
DONT PHAZE THROUGH
>>
Rolled 19 (1d30)

>>43971854
>>
>>43971885
whoops, 2nd link is supposed to be:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YBeNnMv1-qW6S_rW8fRH7OBd1OkfJFionN6Jk9nIRiw/edit
>>
File: 1444314791115.jpg (232 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1444314791115.jpg
232 KB, 601x601
>>43971891
I WOULD SAY THAT WE DO NOT
>>
>>43971882
Does that 7 means the make out is sloppy?
>>
>>43970359
>KISS
Stutter and blush like an idiot.
>>
>>43971885
>>43971913
Cool! Glad to see other people adding to the lore. I got them bookmarked to read later.

>>43971882
>>43971891
>>43971900
MODERATE SUCCESS

Her lips feel smooth and cool. Her face ripples as you press into her but Phanty controls her excitement and pushes back just enough to retain her shape.

Its not like kissing a human girl at all. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

She smells like rain and smoke. Noting human there. Her face feels round and soft and smooth but there's no bones or muscles propping up the ectoplasmic skin. Sometimes you push a little too hard, sometimes she doesn't push enough and it feel like you fall face first into a fog bank. But between the two of you trying it works. And its fun.

You breathe part of her in and part of her out. Feeling her cheek go past your lips and down your throat like a winter gust is...strangely stimulating.

Fade. To. Black.

And my how your light does shine in the dark! The blue fairy herself. Your guardian angel.

When you finally separate from her she stares at you whole in the face, eyes all the brighter and more shimmering for the contrast you've put around them.

"W-was it f-fun for you to Anon?" She asks nervously.

TELL HER SOMETHING SWEET YA MOOK!
>>
>>43970620
"Baby, you're my forever ghoul."
>>
>>43972166
>"W-was it f-fun for you to Anon?" She asks nervously.
Grab her and kiss her again.
>>
>>43972166
>"W-was it f-fun for you to Anon?"
"Woo woo."
>Kiss again.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d30)

>>43972166
"It was an out of body experience"
Roll for hardboiled charm
>>
>>43972166
Okay, I was gonna come up with something but >>43972210
followed by >>43972215
takes it
>>
>>43972225
Seconding
>>
>>43972166
I think you almost literally stole my breath away
>>
File: charlie the funland robot.png (476 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
charlie the funland robot.png
476 KB, 720x540
>>43972166
>You breathe part of her in and part of her out. Feeling her cheek go past your lips and down your throat like a winter gust is...strangely stimulating.

Phanty inside of us. This isn't going as I believed it would.
>>
>>43972226
I agree. This works the best.
>>
>>43972225
>5
Damn, and it was going so well.
>>
>>43972226
Seconding
>>
>>43972278
Same
it's going better
>>
>>43972287
>>43972226
>>43972210
>>43972375

Phanty giggles.

"Did you...just make a pun?"

A blue finger strokes your chin. "Mister private eye has a funny side, who knew? I guess I am your light cause' I'm brightening up your life after all. AHHHAAAHHHAAOOOHAAAAA!"

She starts to phase a little as she loses herself in her laugh and her hand slips yours. The both of you scramble to re-establish the hold. Its like trying to grab an icicle that turns into giant raindrop that turns into a puff of smoke.

But eventually you grab a hand.

"S-sorry about that anon..." Phanty says embarrassed "I've wanted to do that with you awhile to be honest. Its just I was always afraid it would be too weird for you, you know? Me having this and not a body? Y-you're sure you're getting something out of this Ano-"

You answer her with another kiss.

>>43972223
>>43972215

>>43972225
>>43972325
Your lack of hard boiled charm took Phanty off guard. She wasn't expecting you to be bold enough to try for a second kiss.

ROLL 3D30 FOR SECOND KISS. YOU GET -5 TO EACH ROLL BECAUSE PHANTY IS SURPRISED
>>
Rolled 16 (1d30)

>>43972542
RAWL
>>
>>43972568
>1
OH MY JESUS
>>
>>43972568
>>43972542
dice+3d30
Thats not how you roll dice!
>>
Rolled 26 (1d30)

>>43972542
>>
Rolled 26 + 5 (1d30 + 5)

>>43972542
dont phase through
>>
>>43972600
Fuck I meant Minus 5
>>
>>43972592
wait, whoops, I goofed muh dice
>>
>>43972592
yeah and considering it's d30 that's a pretty big fail.
>>
>>43972623
>>43972594
>>43972587
So
>11
>21
>16
>>
>>43972641
there is 26's anon
>>
>>43972641
Depdns on if PQ adds the 1.

If so, I think we are sampling our food in a more intimate and slapsticky manner...
>>
>>43972568
>>43972587
>>43972594

THUD

You faceplant right in the remains of breakfast, which fortunately isn't a lot because it was dang tasty.

You're fine. But you're worried about Phanty and for good reason. Normally you'd hear her laughing like a Hyena.

She's gusted away a few feet from you.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She stammers. "I shouldn't have tried this, I KNEW this would happen..."

DO SOMETHING ANON!
>>
>>43972675
We also have a -5 due to the surprise to every roll
>>43972679
You saw it as a 1? It apeared like a (3d25) to me
>>
>>43972715
no i mean you wrote 2 different numbers even though there was 2 26's
>>
>>43972714
Just start laughing. She'll see that your fine, and you two can share her first genuine laugh in god knows how long.
>>
Rolled 26 (1d30)

>>43972714
Say nothing, just dust ourselves off, regardless of any actual dust. Smile at her and open our arms with a silent is okay
Rolling for David Cag- Uh, i mean, for emotions.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d30)

>>43972714
Lets try to laugh it off, I doubt she has ever seen us laughing.
Roll to see if we can laugh honestly.
>>
>>43972715
Oh, didn't see the d25, oh well. This is actually an awesome event.

>>43972714
Laugh it off as best you can.

"No, no, don't worry about it Phantasma. This one's on me." *ahem* "Literally, I guess.
>>
Offer her a bowl of eggs
Refuse to leave until she has consumed all of them
>>
>>43972788
Probably this,
>>
>>43972770
>>43972788
Supporting
>>
>>43972788
This looks just about right
>>
>>43972714
I LOVE it when PQ Anon acts like a dork.

>>43972788
voting for this
>>
>>43972788
>>43972814
>"No, no, don't worry about it Phantasma. This one's on me." *ahem* "Literally, I guess

>>43972770
You add a nervous laugh that -almost- sounds legitimate.

>>43972760

But what clearly is legitimate is the look of calm understanding on your face. Phanty doesn't have to force herself to believe in that.

"Anon..." She says slowly and cautiously floating back toward you. "A-are you sure you wouldn't rather be with someone more normal? I mean if we can't even do this right..."

She offers you her hand to take.It trembles with Phanty's effort to make it the realest real hand possible. The light plays strangely on her hand as she keeps shifting the composition and making it cycle through various degrees of opacity.

WHAT DO?
>>
>>43972919
"Funny, I was going to ask you the same thing." Stroke her hair first to see if that causes her to stabilize and then go for the hand.
"But I guess we will just have to practice a lot, woe is me."*Hardboiled Smirk*
>>
>>43972919
>Tell her that we love her, just the way she is.
>Take her hand and kiss it.
>>
>>43972919
Phanty I come with head lights installed, i'm not exactly normal either.
>>
>>43972919
Well obviously we grab her hand in reassurance. That much is clear.

"We can do this. This will take time, after all. Here, why don't you try this time?"
>>
>>43972919
>WHAT DO?
"We just need more practice."
Try to give her a really light peck on the cheek.
>>
>>43972995
>"Funny, I was going to ask you the same thing."
This for sure.

We were all pretty much on the same page when it comes to needing practice and taking it slow.
>>
>>43972919
>Normal's overrated. I want someone as weird as me
>>
Rolled 16 (1d30)

>>43972995
Rolling for his hardboiledness
>>
>>43972995
>>43973069
>"Funny, I was going to ask you the same thing."
>"But I guess we will just have to practice a lot, woe is me."*Hardboiled Smirk*

Phanty smiles. "Well. I'm m-more than willing to try if you are!"

You reach out and touch her hair. Phanty's entire form ripples like a pool of water as she closes her eyes. But she overcomes her nervousness. What felt at first like a lump of toothpaste soon feels coarse, then silky.

You go for the hand next. It feels a little too heavy, a little too solid and thick. It feels like a mannequin hand, like something make in the form of a human hand rather than a human hand itself.

But its warm. And the fingers curl around yours.

And you do not phase through this time.

"W-wow..." Phanty exclaims. "I can actually feel your pulse in your hand.

You and Phanty share a few nice, slow, and long moments together. You look at her, she looks at you. She feels you, you feel her.

Of course it couldn't last.

3D30 TO DETERMINE THE SEVERITY OF THE SUDDEN EVENT GO
>>
Rolled 13 (1d30)

>>43973258
Ah jeez
>>
>>43973285
AH JEEZ
>>
Rolled 16 (1d30)

>>43973258
>your pulse in your hand.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d30)

>>43973258
OH BOY HERE WE GO
>>
Rolled 13 (1d30)

>>43973258
I roll for the shit to not hit the fan as hard
>>
Rolled 25 (1d30)

>>43973258
almost forgot how to roll
>>
>>43973325
>>43973315
>>43973285
13, 16, 22

One bad, one good, one very good

You run into an enemy.

But it's hardly a threatening one. It might even be beneficial depending on how you play your cards.

"Hey, is this one of those self-serve deals or is there a-"

An unassuming middle age man with spectacles gapes at you and Phanty.

"Ohhhhhh shittttt." He says putting his hands up. "Now lets all stay cool, real cool..."

"YOU!" Phanty shouts as she rises above the man. "I know you! You're-"

"Please don't say the name. I've reformed!"

"I bet you have!" She says growing her hands into menacingly large claws. "But it's like my daddy told me. Once a rat, always a rat."

"Ummm...." The man says looking around Phanty to you. "Are you uh, with her by any chance?"

WHAT DO ANON?
>>
>>43973547
Who's this guy?
>>
>>43973547
>"What is it to you?
MAXIMUM DISRESPECT
>>
>>43973576
A rat
>>
>>43973547
>Best explain before she gets mean, pal.
>>
>>43973547
Get between them, hands out, "Hold on, lets not lose our heads now.." turns to guy then Phanty "literally."
>>
>>43973604
like it
>>
>>43973576
The best you can he's just a fat guy with glasses. His head is sort of weird looking though. Kind of pineapple shaped.

>>43973619
The man gulps.

Phanty crosses her arms and sighs. "Darn. Now you're the one making the jokes and I"m the one playing tough girl. What. A. Night..." Its clear the sudden appearance of this strange man has riled up Phanty.

"...And morning." She snickers softly.Her humor is starting to come back to her.

>>43973587
"I was um, just wondering is all.."

>>43973604
>>43973690

The man throws his hands out in front of him. "Look, I was just coming in here for breakfast. I don't suppose youngsters like you can appreciate buying coffee from a place that doesn't sell it as some sort of frozen slurpee but for people my age its an appreciated novelty."

You almost nod in approval. Frapes are weak. Go full black dark roast or don't drink coffee at all.

"If you were coming in here for coffee how come you acted all scared when you saw me?" Phanty asks.

"Because everyone knows you've been going berserk looking for some guy called anon."

"And who is this "everyone"?"

"Well, it's no crime to keep up with ones friends even if one no longer partakes in certain activities with them..."

"Anon, can I hook this flounder?" Phanty says forming a longshoreman coat over her and holding a comically oversized fishing rod like a sword. "He clearly knows more than he's letting on!"

DO WE LET THIS GUY GO

DO WE ASK FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THIS GUY

DO WE INTERROGATE HIM

DO WE LET PHANTY INTERROGATE HIM

WHAT DO ANON?
>>
>>43973869
Phanty is pretty riled up; I'm worried she might do something she regrets.
Let's try to calm things down. Offer him coffee on the house (leave some money in the register yourself)
>>
>>43973869
We sit him down and interrogate him our self. Hard boiled like.
>>
>>43973869
We interrogate him ourselves, get him coffee and make sure he knows that if we don't get our answers Phanty will make him talk in other ways.
>>
File: clamps.jpg (34 KB, 537x518) Image search: [Google]
clamps.jpg
34 KB, 537x518
>>43973869
"GIVE HIM THE CLAMPS PHANTY"
>>
>>43973869
we interrogate.
>>
>>43973869
>DO WE LET PHANTY INTERROGATE HIM
I'm still a little worried about Phanty's rampage from earlier. She told us herself that she wants to work within the law as much as possible, so if she just randomly accosts some dude as he goes into a diner there might be some consequences.

He is clearly scared of phanty. If we go this route, we need to be Good Cop as opposed to Phanty's Bad Cop.

"Woah now, let's settle down. You want some bacon? It's on the house."

Then offer him a seat at the bar. We need to get this conversation rollin'.
>>
>>43973869
>Okay, sir, it is obvious you have information we need. So, let's play a game of good cop, bad cop. I'll let you guess who will be who.

>Ah, well. I happen to be in a good mood. Since you are a fellow coffee lover how about we discuss it over a cup of joe instead?
>>
We try to hold off Phanty, juuuuuust barely. Say he better start talking because we won't be able to stop her for much longer
>>
>>43973869
The man clearly just wants some breakfast and coffee. Invite him in! Offer him a chair. Bring him some breakfast and brew, it's on the house.

And maybe a little friendly conversation between mouthfuls, capiche?
>>
>>43973993
>>43973980
>>43973970
>>43973939
>>43973924
>>43973910

You sit the man down and ask Phanty to bring some coffee.

"Hmph!" She says slamming down a cup for him and gently placing yours down. "He isn't worth a cup of dishwater!" She hovers behind you as your muscle. "You better not try anything. I got my eyes on you!" Her eyes extend like two white telescopes before popping back into her face.

"Well." The man begins. "I can assure you this is all I wanted in coming here." He takes a sip of the coffee. "Damn fine coffee! And hot! Would you believe the Coolsville prison commissary charges two dollars for a cup of coffee?"

"I understand through the grapevine that you and the Phantom's daughter are rather in trouble with the Ghost Mafia. A shame that. But I suppose that is what one gets when one sticks their nose in where it does not belong."

DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT TO ASK HIM.

ROLL 3D30 TO GET A READ ON THIS GUY.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d30)

>>43974413
Read him like a book
>>
Rolled 8 (1d30)

>>43974413
Ask about just how much effort/muscle Ghost Mafia is putting out to find us. As well as just what has he done to get a spot on Phanty's llist
>>
>>43974459
>>43974477
>This super shady man who confessed to going to prison and is on Phanty's bad side seems like a swell fellow to me!
>>
Rolled 11 (1d30)

Goddamnit guys
>>
Rolled 22 (1d30)

>>43974413
>>
File: 1441459914368.jpg (38 KB, 351x464) Image search: [Google]
1441459914368.jpg
38 KB, 351x464
>>43974459
>>43974477
>>43974509
>>
>>43974528
What? He seems like a nice fellow
>>
>>43974528
>>43974503
Phanty's face when we tell her our thoughts on this guy.

>But meh detective instincts!
>>
File: 1441939333097.jpg (59 KB, 625x468) Image search: [Google]
1441939333097.jpg
59 KB, 625x468
>>43974513
so close...
>>43974509
>>43974477
>>43974459
such misguided trust... Phanty don't pick 'em for their brains, does she?
>>
Well this is a good start. I certainly hope we will get more chances at reading him soon. Still, asking basic questions will probably not end in failure.
>>
>>43974459
>>43974477
>>43974509
What a slippery fish! His unassuming manner is like an impenetrable mask! What lies behind it you can only guess.

But he seems like a gentle and honest character overall. He reminds you of your high school biology teacher!

>>43974489
>>43974477

>Who is he and how does Phanty know him.

"My name is Myron Ace. I own a bar down in the docks. Captain Cutler's. You wouldn't have heard of it."

"Alias Fish Face" Phanty says with a smirk.

The man tenses up. "PLEASE refrain from calling me that! That is a slanderous and abusive label given to me by yellow journalists!"

"As for how this young lady knows me, well, you see, in my youth I attempted a bit of high-concept performance art to satire our nation's growing dependence on fossil fuels in the seventies..."

"You hijacked an oil refinery and held it for ransom" Phanty interrupts.

"...Which is what the jury claimed I did. I was accosted by a violent vigilante and his barely-legal attack drone and turned over to the police. I don't know this young lady personally, but she no doubt knows me through her father who in typical vigilante fashion "teamed-up" with this certain vigilante on numerous occasions.

"Blue Falcon." Phanty grumbles. "This "certain vigilante" is Blue Falcon."

"Ah yes, that was his name. Dear me there are just so many of them these days it's hard to keep them all straight no? Why, I hear they've started fighting each other after having run out of performance artists like myself to harass."

DO WE ASK HIM ABOUT THE GHOST MAFIA?

DO WE ASK HIM MORE ABOUT HIS HISTORY?

DO WE ASK HIM MORE ABOUT HIS BAR?
>>
>>43974727
Ask him if he gets ghosts at his bar.
Its the one in the photo.

Ask about his involvement in Ghost Mafia
>>
>>43974727
Oh, come on. What else did you do?
>>
>>43974727
"Ah yes I know Blue Falcon, nice guy once you got to know him." Bluff.
dice+1d30
>>
>>43974864
Goddammit
>>
How many Vigilante types did Hannah Barbara do?
Are we gonna end up in a Super-Anon Quest someday?
>>
>>43974727
>You say you own a bar by the docks, eh? How's the scene? The one i used to frequent got... "Taken over". Just like the good coffee shops. I am sure you understand.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d30)

>>43974864
Here
>>
>>43974727
oh this is juicy stuff. I have a feeling Anon has a soft spot of daring capers and masked vigilantes. let's ask this nice old man about his days as an "high-concept artist."

We want to butter him up a little bit, act like a fan, see if we can get him to spill something a bit more substantial.
>>
>>43974727
I am calling it right now. This guy used to dress like a Greenpeace hippy back in the day.
>>
>>43974727
>ASK FISH ABOUT THE GHOST MAFIA
Heh, fishy Fish Face
>>
This dude came from the docks, right?
Was he tailing us?
>>
File: Fish Face.jpg (53 KB, 520x320) Image search: [Google]
Fish Face.jpg
53 KB, 520x320
>>43974800
>What else did you do.

Fish Face stares at you indignantly. "What else did I do?"

"Not much." Phanty snickers. "You could say he was a...small fry. AHAAAAHAAAHAAOOOOHEEEAAA!"

Someone is feeling better!

"I had an underwater base and a robotic crab! Er...strictly for artistic purposes of course. To demonstrate man's growing separation from the natural order. Of course."

>>43974770
>Does he get ghosts at his bar

"My bar attracts...eccentrics of all stripes as you may imagine. So yes, I'm familiar with many ghosts. And the Ghost Mafia.

>The one in the photo

You take a copy of the picture you made with your photo-sensitive paper and powers and show it to him.

"Hmmm. That's not Captain Cutler's....but that is the old Alexander warf.."

Boom! Progress!

"...Yes, the old Alexander Warf..."

He clearly knows something more about the Warf, but your LOW SCORE prevents you form picking up on this.

Oh well. At least you got the name.

>>43974918
>How's the scene

"Oh quite nice actually. There's a lot of tradition down there. No doubt owing to the close proximity of the history museum. There's also the old Funland amusement part. It's a shame it got bought up by that Frankenteen company for...whatever they use it for. But at least they didn't tear the buildings down. And they have that nifty museum with that robot tour guide..."

>>43974979
No anon. It was much, much more embarrassing. Pic related.

>>43974908
>How many vigilante types?

It depends on if you mean superhero or just super-character. At its most broad they have tons. At its most strict they still have enough to form a decent justice league sized team.

>>43974951
>Butter him up

"Oh, I was one of the unsung heroes of the seventies..."

Phanty blows a raspberry.

"...You know I was really the first one that thought of the idea of assembling a ummmmm self help group for artists troubled by vigilantes. But they didn't like having our headquarters underwater. What a shame!"

-cont
>>
>>43975133
Didn't even realize that.
That does seem mighty suspicious.
Let's ask him if he know anything about fairies.
>>
>>43975211
>HE LIVES
>>
>>43975211
>old Funland amusement part. It's a shame it got bought up by that Frankenteen company
Elsa has a secret lab in funland? Is Elsa-Anon a scooby doo villain?
>>
>>43975211
Well there is out Elsaquest hook...

That Fish Face looks like a real winner.
>>
>Frankenteen company
is this a mention that Elsaquest is probably next?
>>
>>43975366
Pretty sure its Winnie pt.2 or Sibella next.
>>
>>43975211

You've buttered up the fish. He will be slightly more forthcoming with info.

>>43975133
>>43975231

>You ask him if he was tailing you.

"What? Me? No. No sir."

Said like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rq-7zEVuwI

>>43975038
>Ask about Ghost Mafia

"Ah. I may have heard...one or two things that could be of interest to you...One hears things in a bar you know. I rather like you Mr. Anon. You have a taste for the classical. But nothing in life is free..."

He's clearly asking for money.

DO WE PAY FOR INFORMATION?

DO WE THREATEN FOR INFORMATION? AND IF SO HOW DO WE GO ABOUT IT?

>>43975332
>>43975366
>>43975318

I've toyed over ideas for Elsaquest. And the one I'm going with currently involves Elsa setting up a secret lab in the Funland haunted castle attraction.

How would you guys like for Elsa-Anon to be Elsa's nurse turned Scooby-Spook? Basically have him as a good guy Mysterio. No powers but is a master of illusions and misdirection.

"Nurse! I haff need of you! Ze meddling kinder keep sneaking into ze laboratory! I need you to spook them away!"

I'm thinking Scooby-spook simulator. Manage your turf and scare off meddlers. You also get Robot Charlie as your bro and wingman. Lots of potential cameos. Elsa's ultimate project involves Fixing a deactivated Frankenstein Jr

>>43975432
Yeah, these are the ones that'll come next. I'm just planning for the long haul.
>>
File: 1444017025991.jpg (119 KB, 424x800) Image search: [Google]
1444017025991.jpg
119 KB, 424x800
>>43975512
I'm glad to see my German Fraulein Elsa has caught on with you QuestGuy, and the rest of the Ghoulschool fandom.
>>
>>43975512
I dunno about mysterio, he doesn't look like he'd fit in with the classics as much,

Also lets threaten for info, and pretty much say that if he doesn't you're giving all rights to phanty on what to do for the rest of his stay here.
>>
File: 1445179674466.png (603 KB, 1406x1016) Image search: [Google]
1445179674466.png
603 KB, 1406x1016
>>43975512
that Elsa-quest stuff sounds bretty cool
>>
>>43975569
Theres really not that much good art for her though. and the neanderthal skull brow kind of throws me off but drawn like this or the drinking one is pretty good.
>>
>>43975332
>Revulta returns
>Uses army of giant spiders to take over Ghoul School and scare everyone away
>At the request of their old friend, Grimwood, Shaggy and Scooby round up the gang and come out of retirement for one last mystery
>Wacky hi-jinks and nostalgia
>Velma notes that giant spiders don't behave like normal spiders should
>Find a new evil clone mirror
>Evil clones show up
>Chased by clones
>At one point someone tries to fight back
>Phase through clones like they were ghosts
>Actually holograms
>Wacky hi-jinks and nostalgia continues
>Chased by giant spiders
>Trapped in obligatory spooky laboratory in the Ghoul School basement
>Accidentally turn on machines
>Weird electromagnetic stuff
>Spiders die
>Velma examines spiders
>Actually robots
>Actually robots made similarly like Charlie the Funland robot, just in the shape of spiders
>Wacky hi-jinks and nostalgia continue
>Shaggy and Scooby separated from others
>Find others
>They're being controlled by Revolta
>Shaggy and Scooby look for evil potion responsible for mind control
>There is none
>Actually sonic frequency/computer chip/some sci-fi nonsense
>Don't know how to help them
>Leave friends behind
>Run away because that's all they can do
>Because that's all they ever do
>Hear ominous voice in ominous shadows
>"You're still strange, coach..."
>It's Revolta
>Revolta takes her mask off
>"...but at least you're still in good shape!"
>Actually Frankie
>"Et ru, Frankie?"

And so, we have come full circle.
>>
File: 1446301373634.png (716 KB, 1137x1246) Image search: [Google]
1446301373634.png
716 KB, 1137x1246
>>43975512
Oh my Char Gar Gothakon Elsa Quest sounds fun.
So that would make :
Anon the survivalist weeb
Anon the hard boiled detective
and now Anon the crafty medical student?

Also could we maybe bribe Fish face with an ecto chip?
>>
>>43975512
I think Elsa quest sounds interesting enough. Just not sure about its full journey. But I have faith.

As for fish face. Perhaps a gentle threat/implication of what the roles are here. We have buttered him, but he is starting to get bold.
>>
>>43975575
I meant more in that Elsa-Anon has Mysterio's skill set.

I think a cool thing would be to have the thread decide on what Elsa anon's spook gimmick will be. Depending on what you dress up as you'll inevitably start to attract certain groups. If you go as a ghost the ghost mafia will get involved. If you go as a werewolf Brenda's distant relatives will try to hunt you down and skin you. If you go as a vampire Sibella-Anon shows up for Anon vs Anon .

He's probably also a huge /tv/ anon. Is obsessed with his obscure film collection. He must always be true patrician in his tastes.

>>43975684
You flash one of the penny-chips in front of fish face. His eyes go huge.

"Oh shit. So that's why you're in trouble...hey now, that's some pretty dangerous stuff you have there. You should probably give it to someone that knows what to do with it. Like me..."

DO WE BRIBE HIM WITH ONE OF THE CHIPS?

>>43975712
>>43975575

OR DO WE SKIP TO THREATS
>>
>>43975758
Let him know that the Ghost Mafia + 1 crazy fairy is after those chips.
>>
>>43975758
>ANON VS ANON

PLEASE YES, HAVING SOME OF THE PROTAGONISTS INHERENTLY JUST NOT LIKE EACH OTHER WOULD BE GREAT TO CREATE TENSION FOR THE FINAL QUEST THEN THEY NEED TO LEARN TO TEAM UP AND PUT SHIT ASIDE TO SAVE THE GHOULS

Also skip to threats and also keeping my idea for letting PHanty have full range on how badass she wants to be
>>
Rolled 16 (1d30)

>>43975512
>"What? Me? No. No sir."
Roll for bullshit
>But nothing in life is free...
Neither is coffee, nor a long stay in the hospital because of internal injuries that look like claw marks.
I hope we can come to an understanding.
>>
>>43975758
We could probably do a straw poll when the time comes but I'm preemptively putting votes in for evil clown, Mecha-Shiva or Go Kart demon.
>>
>>43975758
Put the chip away. And give him a bit of a look.

"Oho? You know what to do with it? Do tell."
>>
>>43975787
>>43975885

"Yeah. You know why don't you? The Big Man's whole gambling empire crumbles if you show one of these to his competitors. But it also has large blackmail possibilities..."

Fish Face seems have abandoned his "just an artist" stance. His eyes gleam with greed. "You plug one of these in an ecto-scanner set to that lightweight Isabeu's ecto (what Sarah called herself in her blackmail to the Big Man, in case you forgot that Catherine told us about this) and all those anonymous flows of ecto chips light up like christmas tree lights..."

Phanty nods toward you. "Yeah. That's a reasonable possibility for what one could do with one of these chips.

"Come on!" Fish face urges. "You know all those coins are too hot for good guys like you! Give them to someone that knows what he's doing!"

>>43975831
>Roll for bullshit

Unfortunately that isn't high enough to offset the bad rolls for reading him.

In character you don't believe he tailed you.

>>43975816
>>43975831
>Threaten to throw him to the Phanty

You get 3d30 to roll to see if you intimidate him.

Then you can roll for Phanty to intimidate him. She does not need to roll high. At all.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d30)

>>43975968
Roll For Intimidate
>>
Rolled 20, 21, 15 = 56 (3d30)

>>43975968

>>43975993
I got this little nigga
>>
File: matches.jpg (16 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
matches.jpg
16 KB, 210x240
>>43975993
>Fucking ferocious
>>
Rolled 29 (1d30)

>>43975968
>You get 3d30 to roll to see if you intimidate him.
Why bother?
>(Non-chalant)Hey Phanty, can you show me how you did the claw thing again? OH! And you were telling me how you could "materialize" your hands while inside someone's body, right?

Roll anyway
>>
Rolled 5 (1d30)

>>43975968
>>
>>43976026
Depending on how PQ inerprets this. This should offset the 6 a bit.
>>
>>43976093
>>43976044
>>43975993
Wont offset both too well.
>>
>>43976116
This anon >>43976016 rolled a 20
I still don't know why they roll more than one dice, tho'.
>>
>>43970324
nah, the character designs were just cute, the movie was awful
>>
>>43976116
>"Look buddy I'm going to punch you really hard"
>-said Anon in a completely emotionless, neutral tone
>>
>>43976161
>>
>>43976158
Cause he said he would roll a 3d30

an he took the 1 from the last one he should take the 20 from this one it's only fair.
>>
Rolled 27, 18, 18 = 63 (3d30)

>>43975968
>He wants the chips
>Explain to him why we shouldn't give them to him
"Hell, why not? But I'm not sure you want these as bad as you think you do. The Ghost Mafia's sending their goons after whoever's got 'em in full force. I'd hate to see such a colorful character with a rich appreciation for the finer things in life have a brush with death before his time".

I'm going to roll to see if my advice intimidates him
>>
>listening to the boccano! ost while reading this

comfy as fuck

wish it was snowing and i had some hot cocoa, then it would be max comfy
>>
>>43976206
There is no need to roll more than one dice. If PQ calls for 3d30 you STILL roll only one.
Nice 27, tho'.
>>
>>43976026
>>43976016
>>43975993
6, 29, 20

Very bad, good, Very good.

You do a good job of intimidating Fish Face.

Fish Face gapes like a fish on a hook when you start mentioning your girl friend's ability to stab a guy form the inside out.

"Well now I do believe we got off on the wrong foot! Information! Yes! I do believe I have some for you!"

"The Ghost Mafia has set an ambush for you at the Robinson Film Center. They figured you would check the place out. One of the Shadowmen apparently is a film buff and checked to see where Isabeu got all the posters in her hideaway from. They got this weird hitman working for them. He walks through mirrors. That's all I know, I swear!"

You believe him.

>>43976206
"Oh my. Perhaps they are better left in your possession after all. It's only right I rest on my laurels after all. I've lived enough for several great men."

He gets up to leave. "Now if you excuse me I should get back to my bar..."

DO WE LET FISH FACE GO?
>>
>>43976299
Not yet, we might believe but we have to make sure we get everything out of him first.
>I believe you, but Phantasma here might need a little bit more.
>>
>>43976320
I like this line of thinking.
>>
>>43976320
supporting
>>
>>43976299
>He walks through mirrors
We need to do some research on this. Ask Phanty what she knows, and then head back to the HQ to pour through the ghost files.

>DO WE LET FISH FACE GO?
The little bastard is probably going to run straight back to the big man if we don't set him straight. Make sure to remind him what the Ghost mafia does to snitches, and politely recommend that he keep his head down and tell no one of the conversation you have had... or else you'll sick Phanty on him.
>>
>>43976299
Ask Phantasma if she feels anything else... Fishy about him. If not, let him go.
>>
>>43976299
We should let Fish Face go, he's told us about the ambush at the Film Center and their Mirror Hitman
>Immediately think of possibilities for Mirror Hitmen
1. Is it Mirror Master from the Flash?
2. The Hanged Man from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?
3. A new spooky creep we haven't heard of before?

After the guy leaves I vote we take Phanty back to our place. Anon needs to clean up and we could use a less public place to spend some time with our new ghoul friend - either romantically or purely professional
>>
File: 1441508573083.png (259 KB, 596x446) Image search: [Google]
1441508573083.png
259 KB, 596x446
>>43976161
It's cozy though
>>
File: 1445814476850.png (188 KB, 740x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445814476850.png
188 KB, 740x1080
>>43975512
i was personally hoping for a fraken fran elsa who's somewhat motherly and just wants to do right with her work and help people, even if she's a little overconfident in her part-swapping abilities

she smokes like a chimney though, replaces her lungs on a yearly basis as they char up.
>>
File: french tourist.png (554 KB, 864x486) Image search: [Google]
french tourist.png
554 KB, 864x486
>>43976299
>He walks through mirrors.
>>
Lets make sure he isnt leaving anything out. Then lets go back to Anon's place and freshen up. Maybe have a moment with Phanty. Then we should go back to the office and fill Caryle in. Make a battle plan for the cinema.
>>
>>43976299
Let him go but say
>Sure, sure, see you around i guess. But, oh, no. Nevermind. i was going to say that you shouldn't cross a guy who danced tango with the mafia and and is still kicking, but you, you are not stupid...
Do the thing we did to Catherine when we blinded her and covered her eyes in shadows to him.
If we can manage to make the shadows look like the maw of a monster while they blind him then do so.
>... Are you?
Then we release him.
>>
>>43976446
Puns 4 daze
>>
>>43976299
>DO WE LET FISH FACE GO?
sure but
just a reminder

"Hey, if you think about mentioning this little conversation to anyone, remember that little blue over here wiped out half the underground in a single night just looking for someone. Have a nice day!"
>>
>>43976320
>>43976366
>>43976382
Phanty materializes giant boxing gloves.

Judging by Fish Face's reaction, that did the trick!

"Okay! Okay! Uh....The ghost mafia has been given a request by an anonymous group to find some kind of symbol that was supposed to be inside that house Isabeu haunted, but no one can get in it because the cops are watching the place now and for some reason the Werewolf pack has also started hanging around the place.

There are rumors...mind you this is just what I've overheard...that the Big Man is getting desperate. He's starting to put a contract out on both of your heads and so far only the Mirror guy has shown up. But there's been talk of all sorts of freaks getting involved from Red Vulture to
And that kind of pot stirring is making the other branches of the Ghost Mafia uneasy. It attracts a lot of attention. If you keep the heat on the Big Man eventually he might call you to his secret high rollers casino for a sit down.

Um...what else what else...Oh yeah, there's a lot of commotion from the werewolf betting racket. The Big Man has been trying to consolidate his hold on that racket for years and he's hoping a slew of recent betting activity can tip the balance of power in his favor. Some big local fighter got his tail kicked hard by some out of towner or something like that and now a bunch of fighters are, forgive the pun, dogpiling on him to try and increase their own prestige or something. I don't follow their weirdo culture.

Now that's all I know, I swear!"

>>43976485
You can hear his heartpounding. "No! No sir! I'm a smart guy and a really good listener to boot!"

Phanty believes he isn't a threat anymore and has spilled his guts. She picks him up by the collar and boots him out the back door where the dumpster is.

"Super villians. More like super losers am I right? AHHHHHHAAAAHHHHOOOOHAAAEEEHAAA!"
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.