[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Playing a Halo setting game. >Pre -War and party are Innies.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: 1436940598723.jpg (326 KB, 1920x941) Image search: [Google]
1436940598723.jpg
326 KB, 1920x941
>Playing a Halo setting game.
>Pre -War and party are Innies. (They refer to themselves as The Minutemen).
>Responsible for the capture of 4 UNSC ships. (2 frigates, a cruiser and a "merchent ship" that was really a mobile ONI base.)
>One party member has become the "face" of the rebellion in this region. No idea how this happened as we are meant to be a secret taskforce.
>We are pretty sure the Spartans are gunning for him now. (IC, all we know is that ONI is sending there new project after him).

If he dies it will be a huge blow to moral now. Colonist throw out the near by colonies are singing about him standing up to Earth's goons. Any ideas on how we can keep him alive? We don't have a chance against Spartans...
>>
>>43960346
morale*

How did I miss that...
>>
>>43960346
Flee, hide.

The character is basically dead if you stay out in the open, and he probably is even if you hide.

Maybe fake a death?
>>
Your odds against a lone Spartan are very slim. Against a fireteam, it's so low as to be next to nothing. Run, hide, get the hell out, or give ONI something more important to worry about.
>>
>>43960639
that defeats the purpose of trying to keep him alive, if they fake his death, it will still be a blow to morale.
>>43960346
Just use his death to your advantage. Setup a base for security, and then leave a very precise way of getting in. Dont make it too easy, but enough so that it seems like the best most efficent option.
Set Up secret cameras on a seperate loop from the entire base, preferably operated from a separate facility off site. When the footage leaks of a bunch of 15 year olds killing through rebels and taking out a rebel leader like that with spooky operator's operating techniques, you decry UNSC for training children soldiers.
>>
>>43960346
Niggas dead, best thing you can do is martyr the character or employ a body double.
>>
>>43960346
>We don't have a chance against Spartans...
You pretty much answered your own question there. Hiding and not getting into anything resembling an actual confrontation will probably work for now.
>>
>>43960696
>that defeats the purpose of trying to keep him alive, if they fake his death, it will still be a blow to morale
He's basically dead anyway if Spartans are after him.

Maybe suicide run attack while on camera?
>>
>>43960696
How would they know in-character to catch the whole thing on camera though? They have no way of knowing that Soartans being children is a thing.
>>
File: che.jpg (9 KB, 198x254) Image search: [Google]
che.jpg
9 KB, 198x254
>>43960806
They don't need to know about the spartans.

The plan is to make the party face a martyr. When the thugs from the UNSC gun down the people's champion, let him go down in history as a hero.

The footage of child soldiers is just an unintended bonus
>>
>>43960873
this is good

also
scared of spartans?
make your own!

or at the very least bring heavy weaponry
>>
>>43960698
This. At least with a body double, you can pull a KANE LIVES once things have died down enough, and then you get the added reputation of coming back from the dead.
>>
OP here. The funny thing is we thought the ONI ship was just a supply ship with some experiential gear. Think we pissed them off.
>>
You do know that cruisers are humanity's biggest and most powerful ships besides carriers in universe? How could they capture that? What did they do to the thousands in the crew?

What the fuck, OP?
>>
>>43961220
You know if they attack you while you're on a ship in space you could try and lure them into a hanger or hell just a hall next to the hall then use some explosives to blow a hole in the side of the ship and vent them. It probably want kill them but it should buy you time to escape. Oh and if it seems like they're going to take the ship pull a halo 1 and overload it or just crash it into something big and hard. Make sure you can get off before the ahip goes down of course
>>
>>43960346

It's not as bad as it could be. If this is Pre-war, there is a decent chance the Spartans won't have Mjolnir.

If you know they are coming and can do something to prepare, you take away their biggest weapon - surprise.

You're still in a shitload of trouble, but it might be survivable.
>>
File: UNSC troopers.png (210 KB, 830x900) Image search: [Google]
UNSC troopers.png
210 KB, 830x900
>>43960346
What you need is decoys. YOur most loyal or fanatical Innies kitted out like your squad, while your squad is kitted out with identity-hiding grunt clothes or civi stuff and keep away from main bases of operation as much as possible.

If that's not with in the bounds of the game I recomend Personal explosives and perhaps even suicide vests for the other members of the squad, take out your foes with you if they get in close enough. Try to avoid anywhere with really long sight lines for your squad, let your men man the walls while you stay out of sniper's sight with midrange options still available. Sad thing is at all ranges you are outmatched, but heavy firepower can even the playing field if used with out worry of collateral. ROckets, RPG's, Explosives planted aobut the compound,

But know, even if you kill Oni's pets, if your actions were to radical, or extreme, it could impact the view of your rebellion. SO avoid getting too many rebels killed.
>>
>>43960346
Shotgun+melee.
>>
>>43961750
This. even the frigates have ~300 crew and ~480 marines, if they're Charon class. How did you do that, OP?
>>
>>43961750
>>43966019
It was being repaired at the time and we had a quarter of the engineers at the base as inside men. The Captain managed to scrap the AI (which we really wanted for the intel it had) but we managed to take the bridge before he blew the ship.
>>
Ooh,do keep us posted,OP

I want to know just how badly you innie scum are demolished by the forces of justice[/spoilers]
>>
>>43960346
They're space marines, bro.
You're fucked, but they still have the ultimate problem of being dudes with guns.
If you're on a ship and they have no way to reach you?:
You're good.
If you've gone to ground somewhere and they have no way to find you?
You're good.
Start starsystem hopping based on an RNG. Maybe they'll have a hard time tracking you.

Or you could stop fighting your fellow humans and prepare to get xenocided by some alien sumbitches, that's an option too.
>>
>>43967034
IC we don't know about the aliens. Harvest hasn't happened and is still years away.

But our whole plan was not to fight the UNSC but to make it to expensive to keep oppressing our small alliance of colonies.
>>
>>43967113
Just remember, the UNSC has already nuked one rebellion into dust. make sure that is a non-option by humanizing your alliance to the UNSC at large, make it so your voices dropping of the air-waves will be Noticed in a big way.

also, Look into governmental options and reformations that could give UNSC some of what it wants and you the freedom you deserve?
>>
>>43967550
We try to keep things civil. We take prisoners and we any civvies we take during boarding actions are dropped off unharmed. Soldiers are treated fairly and humanly. Unless they are ONI personnel. Then they get the airlock without a suit.
>>
Strap a bomb belt to his chest and put him in a room in the middle of a heavily fortified base.
Try and kill as many of them as possible, then if they get into the room blow the belt and martyr him.
Or better yet have bombs all around the base and nuke it to holy fuck.
A fire team of spartans is a major asset and eliminating it would be a major boost.
Try and turn the dudes death into a rallying cry for the other insurgents.
>>
>>43960346
do you have access to flash cloning?
because you could film the thing and fake the success of the assasination, get your martyr and continue your propganda war from the moral high ground. hell just the misinfomation garnered from the apparent success of their newest superweapon can be used to undermine it when you reveal they failed to use children to fight a war against their own people
>>
If you're going to die, make the death paint ONI as terrible horrible people and make sure as many people can see it as possible.

Or you can surrender and make a major political shit show of the trial.
>>
>>43960346
Copy the tactics of middle-east terrorists and go to ground. Hide out, send recorded broadcasts from separate locations, make sure he's alive and people know he's alive, and most importantly, set up a decoy base to take the hit from ONI'S project.
>>
>>43969130
Wait, no, scratch that, I've just realized something. The Spartans are going to wreck your shit if you engage, so what you need to do is create a situation where they are unable to engage.
They're ONI'S secret pets, emphasis on SECRET. You can't out - secret ONI, but you can set it up so that going after you would make their secret project go public. Odds are they're not willing to risk blowing the cover on their trump card over a minor nuisance.
Stay in the publics eye; live broadcast backed up by recording vids that you can have transmit on command. Stay in the light and avoid the shadows. Set up a meeting with a UNSC representative on the premise of making your case for why your colonies want independence. You're already in the spotlight, use that to make taking you out seem like more trouble than it's worth.
>>
Any idea when you are in the timeline? Could it be Orion instead of Spartan 2s after you?
>>
>>43971070
I don't know the year but we are a few years past the Calypso Incident. Wev all have secret background the others don't know about. My PC was an ONI operative that defected because of the Calypso Incident (faked my death). Only a few higher ups know I am ex ONI.
>>
>>43960346
Have you read Fistful of Arrows? The rebel leader did something creative there.
>>
>>43972091
What happened? I don't wanna buy the book and I don't pirate stuff.
>>
>>43960696

Young Spartans don't look like child soldiers, they look like athletes. Especially when they're wearing armor.
>>
File: Disapproval.png (56 KB, 582x268) Image search: [Google]
Disapproval.png
56 KB, 582x268
>>43960346
>Pre -War and party are Innies. (They refer to themselves as The Minutemen).
>Party are Innies
>>
>>43960346
I never got why the Innies were rebelling. Halo Humanity are really fucking well off. Highest standard of life in most sci-fi.

Something about economics?
>>
>>43973857
It was basically the American revolution in space.

Outer Colonies were treated mostly as resource nodes and were barely represented. The UNSC also had a polices were non Inner colony officers were rare and limited on high they could go.

Also Outer colonies were basically populated by way of exile in many cases.
>>
>>43960346
pull a Nod.

have everyone think he is dead, while secretly leading from the shadows. pick a suitably dramatic moment to reveal that you are alive, then rally more systems to your side.

or just stay in a ship on the move. never dock, only have shuttles run supplies to your ship
>>
>>43973791
Earth only sees us as serfs and doesn't care about us. We want to free.
>>
>>43973938
Ah, so it's basically a really vocal minority who are willing to actually do something.

Also those policies seem really stupid and it seems that you'd have a much better chance of actually changing something via campaigning, embargoes and non-violent protest. Given enough time, they'll be able to improve policies, especially if they show the UNSC cracking down on such measures to the Inner Colonies.
>>
>>43974031
They tried peaceful protest. Then noncompliance and Tax refusal when they were ignored. Then ONI chimped out because "muh united humanity!"

ONI is to blame the Innies were open to peace negotiation til Calypso.
>>
>>43973976
its just bad communication and ONI abusing the fuck out of eminent domain
>>
>>43974214
fuck ONI they mess up so much shit
>>
>>43974214
ONI: Making the Inquisition look competent since I don't know when
>>
>Spartans are after him

lol ur gonna get rekt m8

Just turn yourself in. I'm sure ONI black sites are nice this time of year.

They may even let you see the sun every other year.
>>
>>43960346
Convince the crew you are on one of the frigates.
Have it blatantly talked about across comms, such as needing to beef up security there for (insert party face name here)
Have ONI send Spartans, get them to the center of the ship.
Make shure to divert most if even all crew to fight them while they are getting in.
Assuming they kill the crew have them arrive at where they think that (party face) is. (Like a secondary bridge or comms station on the ship.)
Have them open it to a hologram of the party face in the center of the room.
Smile, as much as an Innie can.
Detonate ship.
Make sure the debris heads to a local planet to hopefully crush them on landing if they didn't die from the explosion.
Say that the crew died honorably and that the party face survived the detonation of the vessel. (Optional to say he did it to not make their deaths in vein.)
Cheer.
Pray that the Spartans aren't alive and if they are well... your doomed.
>>
All of the advice here is assuming that the characters have IC knowledge that ONI's 'special project' is an infantryman or similar system when, for all they know, it could be some sort of pure-AI super-warship or surveillance nanobots or some kind of brainwashing ray.
Given the dearth of IC information, the best in-character response is probably just to go to ground and start prepping body doubles, to keep the revolution going if you die.
>>
>>43975098
>Spartans enter the bridge.
>Captains chair swivels to reveal a clown tied to the chair.
>Wearing a sign saying "Surprise!"
>Blow ship.

Attempt 2.
>Spartans get word Party face is on world x.
>walk for 2 days to get to secret compound.
>After an epic firefight find out the compound is literally full of horse shit.

During random battle with Covenant.
>Master Chief is stranded and no navy vessals left to get him off world.
>Smug Party face calls and offers a ride.
>>
>>43973687
It's a fanfic...
>>
>>43975502
Link?
>>
>>43970315
This here is the best option. Livestream everything. Have cellphones connected to separate, battery backed up networks doing recording. Bait anyone to attack someone trying to be diplomatic. Killing you basically ruins any chance they have with other colonies and sets them off.

They'll still do it and say it was a golden opportunity, so write a will.

I have to admit, both sides of the conflict when pants on head retarded at times. But none will infuriate me as much as the colonists in Mass Effect 2 did.

They were a mangy outpost in the galactic middle of nowhere. They didn't have defenses and cursed me, super cyborg soldier extraordinaire, for 'imposing' on them. I'm sure none of them were wealthy enough to fly out there by themselves, which leads me to question who is in charge of giving people clearance to leave the planet and why haven't they been fired after I sent them video of the buffoons they authorized to leave.
>>
>>43975535
Webcomic, rather. Dang, I must be more tired than I thought.

I was thinking it wasn't cannon as it's so much better than than anything official in years.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=a+fist+full+of+arrows

Bungie.org or Deviantart, pick your poison.
>>
File: ONIemblem.jpg (10 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
ONIemblem.jpg
10 KB, 225x224
>>43974828
fuck you
>>43974892
sadly you're right on the incopetence
>>
>>43976036
Fuck you right back
>>
Hide the dude in cryo and keep him in mundane storage somewhere until you can find a reliable way to fake his death.
>>
>>43974733
>ONI abusing the fuck out of eminent domain
Why is ONI so fucking shit?
>>
>>43960346
honestly, your party should be annihilated by now. the UNSC doesn't fuck around.
>>
Consider rumbledrugs. They apparently can temporarily allow a normal human to operate on the same level as a SPARTAN, but are fatal 100% of the time.
>>
>>43976855
The Insurrection uses them but often the user dies before being able to fight the Spartan. It's not very successful in practice.
>>
>>43976855
>>43977308
Plus they probably haven't been developed yet; part of the reason for their development was due to rumors about a supersoldier unit, ie the Spartans. Rumors don't start until a unit's seen action in the field.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.