[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /tg/ its time for a name thread. Tell us about that character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7
File: Who.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Who.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
Hello /tg/ its time for a name thread.

Tell us about that character you started thinking about, or that npc you may drop on the players soon, and the others will give them a name. (or perhaps other traits if you need them)

Alternatively, post a name you have created, and others say what kind of character would have that name.
>>
>>43955578
Ill start, A little lizard creature who is mildly insane and follows the party, willing to do whatever they ask in a likely pathetic manner. Likely to be the subject of humor and/or abuse.
>>
>>43955578
I'm making a king of yet to be selected race for a 10 minutes into the future modern fantasy where the fantasy races have admitted that human tech is growing too fast for their magic to stay ahead of. Rather than be discovered, they've chosen to make themselves known. This King is fulfilling a prophecy that one of the party will believe targets them by making them suffer and fail in order to become the hero they need to be to basically stop the apocalypse. I just don't know what to call him. P.S. He sacrifices his own child to fulfill his prophecy.
>>
Leader of a band of witchhunters, also racist, speciesist and generally a xenophobic puritan dick.
>>
>>43955621
Skreek Boomfingers
>>
>>43955833
Pendleton Rathburne
>>
>>43955833
Xavier LaCroix
>>
>>43955833
John Godfried
>>
>>43955760
Aenon?
>>
A travelling alchemist/doctor with an alchemy lab in his wagon. Sometimes makes fireworks when he needs cash and nobodies hurting.
>>
>>43955903
I like it. Thanks.
>>
I'm actually using this name in an mmo, but let's see if you can guess the race/class from the name.

Putray
>>
>>43955926
Dump stats are STR and CON. I a few years hell be getting to old for this shit.
>>
>>43955621

Revliki the Amazing
>>
Female half-orc who wants to be a famous pirate. She thinks of pirates as more of an idealized, Pirates of the Caribbean type of thing.
>>
>>43955926
Dmitri Volitov
>>
File: Skreek Boomfingers.png (246 KB, 678x557) Image search: [Google]
Skreek Boomfingers.png
246 KB, 678x557
>>43955839
>>
>>43955952
No.
>>
>>43955952
Undead theif

trayon resurrected rp?
>>
>>43955952
Chua Spellslinger?
>>
>>43956018

Jaqueline Sparrow obviously.
>>
A ninja who really, really wants to be a street performer, but is way too good at killing people and can't stop running into situations where murder is necessary.
>>
>>43956116
He'd like to be known as the Fantastic Felix, but he's better known as the Breath of Charon.
>>
An old monster hunter. He's missing several apendages whuch have been replaced by crude prosthetics. Misogynistic, kind of racist and dying of liver disease from years of alcohol abuse, out for one last big hunt.
>>
>>43956063
Fuck off
>>43956077
Ding ding ding! Undead Rogue, yes. Can you believe it was a randomizer name when I was already making an undead rogue?
>>43956088
Nah, Mordesh would be way more likely.

Here's some old names/alt names I don't mind parting with:

Fashalandian
Queatle
Quink
Tinklemariny
>>
>>43955621
Wix

>>43955760
Artur Redmont

>>43955833
Abraham Dillinger

And mine; A runaway princess from the desert nation of the Tieflings. She uses a glamour to pass as a human woman as she flees through the lawless frontier.
>>
>>43955578
A human fighter. While raised in a barbarian tribe, with barbarian customs, he was also taught the more civilized languages and customs so to act as a go between between villages and his tribe. Now roams the country side looking for a weapon lost to his tribe, trying really hard(and often failing) to hide his barbaric origins.
>>
File: Warhammer_6cebd3_5635701.jpg (116 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer_6cebd3_5635701.jpg
116 KB, 680x680
I gots a name, Hescot Thesos. He's a sorcerer type dude.
>>
>>43956248
Mathmagician feared for his Contraposition magic.
>>
>>43956163
Anders Lynche

I came up with a bunch of names for my characters in wrestling games. you can probably imagine their gimmicks.
Please use them I really like them
>Caesar Lovelace
>James Essex
>"Bones" O'Reilly
>>
A guard commander over her head and freezing in command. Normal circumstances she performs fine, but in the crunch she uses protocol and regulations as an excuse to keep herself and her men immediately safe, even if it might get them killed in the near future.
>>
>>43956116
Gerulf Tristia, but he prefers to go by his stage name, Ovidio.
>>
>>43956347
Isolde Kolariah
>>
File: 89024_w_1.jpg (56 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
89024_w_1.jpg
56 KB, 500x435
I need help naming this guy, using this model and painting him up, too. The NPC is the Lord Commander of the Sun's Rays. They are the Royal Guard and elite soldiers of the Sol Empire. He will be the judge for the trial the PCs will be put on after they're framed for assassinating the princess. He is also happens to be infused with the power of the Deadly Sin, Pride and the PC's may end up fighting him. I thought of a name on the spot, Avantus Krantz, but I feel like some of you could come up with a better one.
>>
>>43955578
Zarbaxis
>>
File: 1449045973105.jpg (80 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449045973105.jpg
80 KB, 640x640
A hedge knight/mercenary who was originally born a peasant. His family were simple bakers/potters but he was levied into a lord's army when they were marching to war. Realized killing other people was his calling and decided not to go home once the war was finished, leaving behind worried parents and a betrothed girl he had never met. Stole the armor of dead knights and know travels the country side doing sellsword work for enough coin to live off of. He doesn't care for wealth or renown, battle and the freedom of the open road are all he cares about.

The character is actually for either a Dragon Age or a Song of Ice and Fire game. We're still deciding which we want to go with, but the character concept works for either.
>>
>>43956421
Give him a Roman-esque middle name like Erikus and I'd say he's pretty good.
>>
>>43956709
Dont forget to always use his full name.
>>
>>43956159
That one killed me for some reason. You win.
>>
A holy skeleton mariachi band. All the members became famous and great at their art, eventually reaching lvl 9 before their abrupt death in a night raid on their camp. Their bodies were searched for after said deaths and to no avail. Finally 200 or so years later they have been by a local Necromancer trying to build an army, just happening apon them. The band's forced reawakening from their goddess's heaven saddened a her and so she freed their spirits back to them. They fought back and killed the necromancer with their new holy powers, and continued their music throughout the lands for their goddess. Don't know what to call them tho.
>>
A paladin in a dark fantasy/horror game. From a kind of central european region, young guy, trying to restore his order and lay to rest the ghost of his childhood sweetheart who's haunting him.

Bonus points: Name the ghost girl
>>
Johnathan "Jack" Royce
>>
>>43957270
Erik Ewig

Natasha Verloren
>>
A wizard who blew his hands off in a magical fireworks accident, and in lieu of healing them wears gloves with permanent Mage Hands animating them.
Likes explosions, magical devices and not giving a fuck. Rides around on a Tenser's Floating Disc some of the time and acts like a floating rayman with hands he can send far away to flip people the bird around the corner.
>>
>>43957270
Luke Vallas
Vic Rondo
>>
In our setting, Ascendents are a thing. Basically if anyone worships you, personally, you end up immortal with a few minor spell like abilities related to your purview and the ability to grant a few lesser ones of those.

They're about to encounter the Nomadic Ascendent, patron of wanderers. He is a former knight errant, turned mercenary, turned self loathing wanderer (Think the wandering jew, but he hoardes self loathing instead of shekels). He slaughters his worshippers at the first sign of them in an attempt to stamp out his 'priesthood'. He can never stop moving and settle down because of his powers. Any time he stays in a place for more than a month it tends to end messily for some reason, and it isn't something he can control. And god does he hate travel.

Still feels compelled to help for minor prices at the first sign of trouble from people who really can't defend themselves, but otherwise charges through the nose. Drinks heavily. Sarcastic, cynical, has a special loathing for dwarves because they were his first worshippers. Also worshipped by one of the player characters.
>>
What comes to mind with this name: Cellandine Stormweather?
>>
>>43958677
Some sort of aryan superwoman with druidic or shamanic powers, specifically toward the weather.
>>
>>43956598
Hescout of Hartsbridge?
Jarel of the Road?
Reim of Hayfield?
>>
Forgotten Realms setting.
Human.
He was an apprentice blacksmith until a werewolf attack killed his master and left him cursed. After being saved by members of the church of Selune, he joined their church and set off to do their bidding as a holy warrior (while seeking out a cure for his lycanthropy).
>>
>>43959174
Not sure about the names themselves, but the title "of the Road" is perfect. Thanks.
>>
File: EagleShamanHeaddressRef.jpg (138 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
EagleShamanHeaddressRef.jpg
138 KB, 873x627
I have a pathfinder campaign coming up and I'm going to play as a druid, more specifically an eagle shaman. I have yet to work out some of the details with my GM, but I've come up with the following.

He'll hail from a small mountain tribe that primarily worships a great eagle god (and other minor deities) and he was marked from birth to serve their god as a shaman (some sort of birthmark, portent or something along those lines, a particularly aquiline nose maybe).

His reason for adventuring is a prophetic/divinely influenced dream of his, that bids him go in whatever direction is convenient for the plot and where the mountains he lives in are.
>>
An old Ordo Xenos Inquisitor who is sometimes on the radical side
>>
>>43955578
The countess of a large gothic manor, stunningly beautiful and strange. She acts similar the typical vampire or Bathory-archetype, but with an emphasis on weird.

She's actually a Gorgon that wears enchanted silver to turn her into a human.
>>
>>43955578
An human monk that dedicated most of his time in the monastery studying the human body. His goal is to reach (and record) the perfect human body.

I suck at writing, and I suck at backstories holy shit
>>
>>43955578
Zaraban Goldvisor. I already have a xmcharacter concept in mind, but I'm interested what you folks can come up with from just the name.
>>
>>43963440
Sounds like an alchemist desu
>>
I got one i like the idea of but no idea how it would be implemented.
Hes a mad scientist from the far future. Hes deliberately vague on why but he is the last human alive at the time. To escape dying alone he made a sort of time remote futurama proffesor style. Too bad during testing he accidentally stepped on it breaking it entirely. He's now "smeared" across time, space, and dimensions. This means he not only exists simultaneously at different points in time in the same setting but also different settings but to his broken mind those moments are happening at the same time till he shifts over to another set. Again i'm not sure how i'd play him as an npc but i figure in fantasy settings he'd be that random wizened hermit who bestows some timely knowledge or key insight into stuff and possibly show off his brand of "magic" (read science) or in future settings he'd do the same knowlege deal but his science would be more potent or still far above norm for the setting being from the far flung final moment of the future and all.
My best guess would be in setting have him seem to be having conversations with imaginary friends and the party but shift out sometime after only to be having a new conversation with them but work in the previous one from his side and possible use generic catch alls to be used in later convos possibly even in different settings. I'd try to avoid the whole "swoop in and save" trope as much as possible.
name appreciated and help if possible or warranted.
>>
Wiebe Leonhardt
>>
>>43955578
I literally just sat down with my shadowrun DM, and he came up with the alias "Lafayette" for my new character.
>>
>>43955578
Moroccan drug dealer that got thrown in jail and must now escape with the rest of his woodshop homies because zombies.

Yes, really.
>>
>>43963775
>Wiebe Leonhardt
sure is kanker in here
>>
I need a name handful of shadowrun NPCs
>Italian druglord gang leader
>french corp contact
>spanish anarchist
>german corp exec
>>
>>43964770
>Anthonio Valentine
>Mirabelle Blanc
>Rafael Franco
>Eisen Merkel
>>
>>43964843
>Mirabelle Blanc
Keeping this one just in case (it's great), but I'd like a male name
>>
>>43955578
A half dragon Kobold who believes he's the littlest dragon. He follows a paladin around and helps here with rogueish skills
>>
>>43964872
>Jac Boucher
>>
>>43964880
Sebastian
>>
>>43964880
them, not here
>>
I need a name for the NPC that will be hounding my GURPS party to the end of the earth. modern setting, of course.

He's inspired by a mix of Rene Belloq (indiana jones) and Mr. Nick (Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus). His strategy is to show up right as they complete a dungeon and then rob them blind.

I want him to be magnificently hateable. Just likeable enough that the party won't go to self-destructive lengths to kill him, but hateable enough that they'll all groan when i put on his theme music.
>>
This thread gives me an idea to try: if someone can give a story to the name I offer, I'll try to expand on it with twice as much detail or more.

Let's begin with:
Celeste Lieral
>>
>>43963789
Some kind of swamp witch/wizard from Louisiana that deals with spirits
>>
Need a name for a tribal character who's spent all of his years of his life in a remote tribe somewhere in the desert far from civilisation. The only other contact they've had is from other close tribes, all of which bear resemblance to Native American groups. As a character, he's skilled in the use of a spear and a bow and fiercely loyal to his family.

Also if anyone can come up with a backstory for "Reynard Clarke" in a middle ages setting, go ahead.
>>
Need help naming a few characters

Dwarf Druid who spends more time in wild shape than his normal form. Hermit, lives in the woods, but joins adventurers because his home is under attack.

Tiefling Vengeance Paladin, who's more Prince Charming than anything. Long flowy platinum blonde hair, perfect teeth, perfect jaw, almost smug like attitude. Think Superman / Captain America boyscout.

Travelling merchant who has artifacts, but doesn't trade for gold, he receives payment in the form of years off someone's life.
>>
>>43965071
>Reynard Clarke
The scribe of a king, he deciphers the personal collection of texts passed down from one ruler to the next. An immutable history requires at least two different viewpoints, so his own line has the role of providing an opposing stance to the current king's hypotheses, in an isolated space from the citizens. This began as a habit of the first king and his own scribe, but the passage of time molded it into tradition.
>>
>>43964912
Peter Goyle
Francis Aburn
Calvin o'Malley
>>
>>43964941
>Celeste Lieral
"Fuck my parents. No really, fuck them. Do they think it would be fun to be 'Breast Celeste' in high school?

I swear, I'm never going to do drugs. Not after what the fuck it did to my parents."
>>
>>43965222
>Hurgrim Stonesmith. Goes by "Hurmm", as that is pronouncable in wild shape

>Joseph Steel

>Agribah
>>
Bolivar Boulderdash!
>>
>>43956201
Jane Doe

And not at all Ashstrive Doombringerdotir
>>
Is there anything you gents can come up in terms of a character description for the name "Danger Danno?" I want to give my group modern-day treasure hunters an obnoxiously friendly, infuriatingly competent rival.
>>
>>43956201
True Name: Margoroth
Human Alias: "Margie"
>>
>>43965619
>Danger Danno
An over the top, Steve Irwin type of guy. Knows all about dungeons, traps and treasures.

"Now look at this! This piece of floor, seemingly identical to all those around it, is actually a pressure plate! Step on it, and you're penetrated by poisonous needles! It's a Beaut, innit? Im gonna activate it."
>>
>>43957510
Trying again. Would love to hear what /tg/ thinks.

Johnathan "Jack" Royce
>>
>>43965734
Do you want feedback or do you want us to write you a character?
>>
>>43965443
Hearing that nickname was the first time she actually wished for a more modest bust. If only her own parents were more thoughtful like her elder sister Lydia's.

The more tight-lipped Lydia became whenever the conversation touched on those two, the more likely it was true; as always, she would never confirm those suspicions with her own voice. Her disgust for her original family was already reaching the point where if Lydia gave her an inch, she would go to the opposite end of the Earth, then to wherever those trash were, and her hate for them would still flare intensely the entire trip.
>>
>>43965744
Neither. I have a concept already, but want to hear what kind of character you think he is.
>>
>>43965758
Im put in mind of a lara croft/indiana jones type. Goes around the world, fucking shit up left and right, then all is well in the end because his name is mother fucking Royce, bitches
>>
>>43965539
>Bolivar Boulderdash!
Relic of the soviet era, Bolivar was cybernetically enhanced to be a master spy and infiltrator. His ability to evade the most devious of traps is unsurpassed. Rival american spies admired his tenacity, giving him the nickname Boulderdash after he escaped a rolling boulder trap rigged inside a roller-coaster by derailing the cart and escaping on foot.
>>
>>43963719
John Doe?
>>
>>43965775
You've got a good bead on him, then. Glad to hear it! Thank you, fine sir.
>>
My character is Gil Moargurls. He is a fishman bard.
>>
>>43963719
Professor Perspecto Scatterpoint
>>
>>43955578
Mine is an already established character whose true identity is unknown to even myself.

The Rogue Trader party's first encounter was with him posing as another Rogue Trader, and proposing them with a great plan to go and plundr a Space Hulk. The party boarded the Hulk, almost got gobbled up by Genestealers, and meanwhile their "business partner" boarded their voidship and almost stole it.

The party ran back to the Imperium to tell on him, then also talked to the Rogue Trader whose name he was using, and well... Since then, the fella has contracted bloodthirsty void pirates to send after the party, as well as mercs to try and kidnap an old coot who was the living plot hook to a grand ancestral treasure from right under the party's noses.

So, what ought to be the name of a pompous semi-heretical dick of a space conman?
>>
>>43965986
Valerian d'Thranik
>>
>>43965986
Wag Almecho Montebank
>>
A Warforged who scrapped himself back together using parts of his destroyed squad mates. Fighter gone eldritch knight by virtue of the fuckoff-sized magic cannon built into his new arm. (yeah, there's some homebrew going on here) I've got no idea for Warforged names in general, really.
>>
>>43966030
Amalgam. He changed his name out of survivor's guilt.
>>
>>43965480
>>43965480
I really like Hurgrim.... But the other two are terrible :p
>>
>>43966043
>not being as charismatic as Joe Stalin
>>
File: cyberdemon.jpg (100 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
cyberdemon.jpg
100 KB, 600x450
A failed attempt to create an alien supersoldier, now trying to make ends meet by working for an intergalactic security firm.
A dumb mercenary who wants to be a hero, looks like a FPS boss and uses a horrible sense of humor to hide his insecurities.

>>43966030
Platoon? Whatever the name of his squad was?
>>
>>43966122
This. He may have the head of Unit 32, but now he's Platoon 13.
>>
So, I've had an idea for a little while of a sanctioned psycher for Only War. Basically his whole schtick is that he has a nervous twitch, and (GM approval pending) has a greater chance of rolling on perils of the warp if he pushes, because his mind would falter for a fraction of a second when trying so hard.

And I need a name for this guy, who I'm probably going to play in a manner simmilar to courage the cowardly dog crossed with Dr. Alphys.
>>
>>43966468
Delphis Astrongue
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.