[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Considering the bad end Eisenhorn got, he should have just banged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Eisenhorn_Past_and_Present.jpg (346 KB, 1000x701) Image search: [Google]
Eisenhorn_Past_and_Present.jpg
346 KB, 1000x701
Considering the bad end Eisenhorn got, he should have just banged Bequin and took the insanity points.

On similar, did he realize he loved her after she was fried because her lack of soul stopped tainting his perspective?
>>
>>43944649
>On similar, did he realize he loved her after she was fried because her lack of soul stopped tainting his perspective?

Possibly. It's always arguable that the massive swing he experienced from her lack of soul was mistaken for love.
>>
>>43944649
Who's this? Eisenhorn in the past and present, obviously, but the rest?
>>
>>43944676
They worked together for so long and so intimate, combined with the fact he never really kept a long term female companion to compete with her makes me think he loved his soulless prostitute.
>>
>>43944719
cherubael on the left

his arbite buddy in the back
the pilot and his.. daughter? with the curls
bequin (probably)
the old guy

easy peasy
>>
>>43944719

On the right you have Bequin immediately to the right of youngEisenhorn, Aemos on the far right of the screen, Fischig in the power armour and the two Betancores with the curls.

On the left is Cherubael.

>>43944721
>They worked together for so long and so intimate, combined with the fact he never really kept a long term female companion to compete with her makes me think he loved his soulless prostitute.

Those are the reasons I think he didn't love her. Spend a long enough time in an intimate environment and you could mistake respect and friendship for love.

Though, to be fair, this raises the question as to what is love and where it begins. But I can see your point.
>>
>>43944773
>you could mistake respect and friendship for love.

Nigga respect and friendship are an integral part of loving somebody

He flat out says multiple times that he loves her, but he never pursues it because it would never, ever work.

such is the tragic nature of 40K.
>>
I could have sworn it described the Bentcores as being dark skinned, not white.
>>
How did he just roll around with Cherubael? Daemonhost being your wingman seems like an awful idea.

Honestly I have foggy memories of the whole series but I don't recall it making much sense.
>>
>>43944812

I could have sworn the Salamanders were described as obsidian black, not niggers.
>>
>>43944812
Reflection in marble I think, I always pictured them as southern med/ north african looking
>>
>>43944801
"I was a psyker, she an Untouchable. That way pain and madness lay."
>>
>>43944801
>>Nigga respect and friendship are an integral part of loving somebody

Absolutely. But respecting and having a friendship with someone doesn't mean you love them.

Now imagine you have that sort of relationship with a person you've spent decades with. People die around you, but they stay constant. All this time, you have this complete and utter revulsion to them. You can't fight it. It's just who they are and who you are.

All the same, you stick with them and you respect them. They've saved your life and you've saved theirs.

With all that in mind, it's easy to say you love them. Doesn't make it true.

I'm not saying it's impossible that he didn't really love her, just saying that it's easy to not know how you really feel and to just say you love them because it's easier than trying to explain how you really feel or how to explain it to yourself.

>such is the tragic nature of 40K.

I'd say it was more tragic for him to lie to her about loving her so he could string her along and keep her in his thrall.
>>
>>43944884
Except the never told her he loved her to string her along. He never told her that at all. That was part of the point, he never said it.

The books makes note SEVERAL times that he was attracted to Bequin. They have instant chemistry in book 1, he struggles with the attraction in book 2, and in book 3 he undergoes a complete personality fallout until he goes and tells Bequin he loves her on her death bed, then lets her die.

After which he begins a self destructive spiral, shagging a doctor and summoning demons etc.

Part of Eisenhorns story is that he was tragically, a man.
>>
>>43944900
>Except the never told her he loved her to string her along. He never told her that at all. That was part of the point, he never said it.

True, but you never have to say you love someone for them to know you mean it.

That being said, I agree whole heartedly with that concept. Just pointing out that there is space for alternative interpretations. And whilst some are weaker than others, there is nothing wrong with choosing to interpret a story in whatever why you see fit.

Personally I prefer the idea that the relationship with Bequin represents to him an alternative route he could have taken. He dedicated his life to the Imperium, so he gave up the opportunity to experience love - a constant reminder of the life he could have had. Keeping her around wasn't just a struggle with attraction, but also with duty.

Just a thought.
>>
>>43944900
Doesn't he go full heretic about the moment she dies? Isn't that when he crams his demon host in the young interrogator? So much for her being the path to madness, the literal moment he loses her his morality completely shits the bed.
>>
>>43944931
If he didn't keep her what would have happened to her? She is an untouchable, eventually she couldn't keep moving. Some Jon somewhere would have left her in a ditch, river or trunk.

He knew what she was and could accommodate the revulsion to the point they had a very intimate friendship of some nature. She wouldn't find that any where.
>>
How much do you want to bet, Beta Bequin is Eisenhorn's daughter and not a clone
>>
>>43944801
>such is the nature of 40k
Exactly. Point me to one 40k romance that doesn't end badly
>>
>>43945037
I'd buy that she's a test tube daughter, which is what I'm sure you're going for. I really wish Abnett would just write the next book.
>>
>>43945182
I do too, Pariah was just so wheels within wheels it almost felt like Frank Herbert.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.