[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I find a detailed strategy for each house?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
Where do I find a detailed strategy for each house?
>>
>>43944151
By not playing that trash
>>
>>43944151
By getting good you scrub

Seriously, why the fuck do you want other people to tell you how to play the game?
>>
>>43944151
That game looks like a fucking mess.
>>
>>43944571
This. Why would you even play if you're not going to play? To gloat when you win? How about you get a shit high-paying job and a golddigger wife, that way you can gloat all day everyday.

Man, I know it's not a big deal, but shit likes this gets my riled up.
>>
that looks like the UK but what the fuck is it?
>>
>>43944548
>>43944583
>>43944617
Casul faggots detected.
>>
>>43944583
>>43944617
It's the Game of Thrones board game. It's fucking awesome, but only if you can get all six players.
>>
>>43944617
bait
>>
>>43944588
>>43944571
Do you also go into chess threads and shit on them for discussing strategies, reading articles on analysis and such?

In answer to OP's question though, I doubt such a thing exists, boardgaming is still too niche.
>>
>>43944632
>Game of Thrones

bait
>>
>>43944151

Good bet for any house - get as many ships as you can, as fast as you can. These win games, no two ways around it.
>>
>>43944632
Fair enough. I've never got into it but it's a war of the roses kind of thing, yeah?
>>
>>43944642
I shit on people who aren't interested in learning a game for themselves and want a "how to win" guide.
>>
>>43944690
THIS
>>
>>43944652
Going to second fleets-surprise, motherfucker! armies via fleets never fail to catch off guard.
>>
>>43944770

I was stunned when I read the Ships = Fast Travel rule.

Like holy shit, enough ships can get any army anywhere on the board in a single turn.
>>
>>43944151
Tbh one of the charms with this game is to get a decent understanding of it by yourself.
What would be a good idea is to start a conversation with people who are at a similar level, and try to come up with strats.
imo
>>
Ive played it a decent amount, and one of the things that hurts the replayability is the quite necessary actions you have to do the first turns... Lannister has to take Riverrun in his first turn, and as his first march order that turn, or Greyjoy can take it and you''ll be at a huge disadvantage for the rest of the game... erhm, what else, for Stark, its a good idea to make an alliance with either neighbour atleast (greyjoy or baratheon) as you need time to gain control over your "starting area" which is much more spread out than the other houses'. Its also impoortant as stark to get atleast a single ship into the narrow sea area because if baratheon gets a ship up there they can use salladhore saan (or however he's spelled) special ability and you'll be fucked navy-wise on the east coast... but yeah, thats from the top off my head... People play it online too via forum threads on boardgamegeek and such, try readong through those to get an idea if you want a headstart
>>
>>43944876
>>43944745
>>43944690
>>43944588
I've my own Lannister strategy with pretty decent 90% wins. I would only know if other people play Lannister as I used to do, if there's something I missed, or something I could improve. Relax Dudes, I'm not looking for a "how to win guide"
>>
>>43947343
Is your strategy literally sucking the Greyjoy player's cock so he wont make you his in game bitch?
>>
>>43947370

...To be fair I've done this before, but then, Greyjoy was my boyfriend and I ended up betraying him at the late stages of the game for the win.
>>
>>43947370
Not. My strategy is to destroy the Greyjoy earth forces and restrict the player to his starting zone in the sea
>>
>>43944786
Fleets have led to all my best last ditch spite attacks.

And even then, your army might still be able to retreat.

>tfw you crush an enemy army between your forces and the ocean
>tfw your boys just hop on a boat when the enraged enemy tries the same on you
>>
>>43947417
You do what you gotta do for the win
>>
File: 14thcentury.jpg (39 KB, 480x579) Image search: [Google]
14thcentury.jpg
39 KB, 480x579
>>43944151
Boardgamegeek is the place to go. There's some detailed analysis of opening strategies and moves for each house, but of course because of the negotiation-heavy nature of the game most strategies don't go beyond turn 1 or 2, and many strategies are of course heavily dependent on opponent reaction and negotiation.

Most of it is in the way of "operational planning"; for example Lannister can use Riverrun as a trap to hammer Greyjoy really badly if they're willing to pay the very steep cost of it, and the Baratheon muster > King's Landing turn 2 strategy is fairly obvious - but whether you should actually execute those strategies is something that will depend more on the dynamics of the table.
>>
>>43944632
>It's fucking awesome, but only if you can get all six players.
Honostly, Rex and Dune do what GoT tries to do, but better. I'd only use this to get GRRMheads into board gaming.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.