[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>online GMs >good GMs disappear without a word 0-2 sessions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 1445750839437.png (210 KB, 693x883) Image search: [Google]
1445750839437.png
210 KB, 693x883
>online GMs
>good GMs disappear without a word 0-2 sessions into the game
>bad GMs linger forever, never fess up to doing something wrong, never take feedback on improving the game

>personally GM multiple times a week, point out whatever I do wrong in retrospect, and constantly ask for honest feedback on how to make my games better
>this is what I get in return

How do you find a good online GM who can last longer than 0-2 sessions?
>>
>>43944035
keep trying until it hurts and then some?
>>
>>43944035
Keep trying. We are out there, but most give up after some awful experiences.

I gave up on online GMing for a year after I got two groups back to back who flaked on the first session. All of them.
>>
>>43944035
What makes a good GM/player varies from person to person. All you can do is keep trying until you find someone who fits. I've never flaked on a game in my life, but I have left countless ones. I've met tons of people who love my GMing, and just as many who've run away trailing a cloud of insults.
>>
File: good goat.jpg (19 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
good goat.jpg
19 KB, 600x450
>>43944035
I found an amazing GM and so far we've played 11 sessions with the same 4 guys and occasionally other people joining in.

The only, very small flaw, of him is that the sessions are 3 hours long. I wish they were longer, because he's that good.

You have to find a GM who screens his players very carefully, giving them tips on how to build their character and answering any questions that they throw at him.
>>
>>43944035
Keep trying man. Wish I could join you in your hunt though.
>>
>>43944035
Get one who's invested in the game.

Speaking of which, we're up on Thursday!
>>
>>43944035
I just got lucky because one of the players in the group I joined turned to be a GM and I joined his game after we both left the original game because the GM did nothing to stop the That Guy from ruining the game for everyone.
>>
>good online players disappear without a word 0-2 sessions into the game
>bad online players linger forever, they even make pointless threads on /tg/ to get the feeling of lingering just a bit longer
>>
>>43944035
>How do you find a good online GM who can last longer than 0-2 sessions?

I find you, OP.
>>
File: 1413842188339.jpg (68 KB, 462x414) Image search: [Google]
1413842188339.jpg
68 KB, 462x414
Me and a friend found a DM for Pathfinder, we're three sessions in and he's a great DM. I can't believe how lucky we were, really. He's even a huge fucking nerd like us.

Last session I approached him about our 4th player who is playing a random CE caster and isn't engaging with the party, as well as how we feel he should stop dropping as many hints towards gears or encounters we'll face, and he took it all like a champ, even gave me some feedback in return which I'm really happy for, even if it was something I was already working to improve. It showed me that he's attentive and cares enough to give a shit.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 237x213
>tfw you host online sessions on roll20 with friends.
>They're all new to tabletop games so i just made my own 3.5e homebrew.
>We've had about 15 sessions now and they tell me all the time how much they enjoy the campaign.
>One of the players commissioned a drawing of the party and another bought me a game on steam to show appreciation.
>>
>>43944035
I have nothing else to add besides saying that that's a cute a demon boy.

At least I hope that's a boy.
>>
>>43945360
It's a boy.
He's sad because someone broke both his legs.
>>
>>43944035
In general, you tend to have to take up the role of DM yourself. I say this from experience, though I am likely far from a good GM. My sense of pacing is weak, my plans somewhat random, my games unstructured and imbalanced in favor of the pcs generally. That said, sometimes you have to try, because then others might try too, some who may actually be good at such things.
>>
>>43945091
>One week after this post, anon lost his GM to a tragic apathy accident. The GM was reported saying "I just don't feel like running anymore desu".
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.