[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Master Trainer Board Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: img_0566.jpg (3 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
img_0566.jpg
3 MB, 2592x1936
So, I'm sure we all remember playing Pokemon Master Trainer Boardgame as a child. A question for anyone who might better understand the rules than my group of friends.
Player 1 gets an event card that allows them to fight a mystery/yellow creature, and player 1 flips one, revealing Mewtwo, which requires a dice roll of 6 to capture.

Player 1 then reveals an item card from his hand, Master Ball, which can add a 1/2/3/4 to his roll. Player 1 rolls a 3, and adds 3 to his roll, resulting in a 6.

Player 2 reveals Time Machine Item card, which states: Play this to re-roll one of the dice. You must use it immediately after a dice roll happens. You can use this card on anyone's roll, including your own. Example: You can play this card to re-roll the die when you try to attack, revive, or catch a pokemon. You can also play the Time Machine card to force any other player to re-roll at these times.

Player 1 rerolls a 2, and then adds 4 to it with the master ball.
Players 2-4 claim first, that since player 2 used it, it's a different roll and the ball no longer applies. They also argue it's no longer the same player's roll, and the master ball doesn't apply.
Player 1 argues that as it's a time machine, it essentially resets time to the beginning of the roll, and the ball still applies.

Who is in the right?

Feel free to ignore the question and just chat about the game if you so please.
>>
It's the same roll with all modifiers. They just hit reset but the master ball def still works as this is a re roll not a new one
>>
I think player 1 is wrong, at least how I used to play it.
>>
>>43942290
Fuck off Bleu
>>
It's a second roll, therefore it wouldn't apply the second time. Even if it did, I'd argue that if the same modifiers apply, the second roll would add up to a 5 instead of a 6.
>>
>>43942311
It's a time machine, the ball is a choice after the roll is made. No choice is made because the roll no longer had happened at that point.
>>
>>43942026
neither once player one played his master ball it is no longer immediately after player ones role therefor player two made an illegal move.
>>
>>43942617

What this anon said. Once the master ball comes into play the time machine no longer works. They could in theory try to play it before he plays the masterball to make him roll a 1 or something.
>>
This boardgame never ends, escape while you can, anon.
>>
For you anons with table top simulator, I am going to leave this here.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=311350973
>>
I just remembered that this was a thing.
Thanks for the nostalgia trip, op.
>>
>>43942026
I'm pretty sure Time Machine is only usable on movement rolls. I have the actual instruction manual, let me check.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-02+at+01.02.40).jpg (35 KB, 482x164) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-02+at+01.02.40).jpg
35 KB, 482x164
>>43947792
The online pdf scan is as follows.
>>
>>43947841
You are correct.

Based on my reading of the rules:

1. Alice attempts to catch a pokemon.
2. Before the roll she chooses to use a ball.
3. Alice rolls.
4. Bob then uses Time Machine.
5. Alice Re-rolls
6. Then Alice adds the number from the previous pokeball card.
>>
>>43942311
You must play time machine immediately after a roll is made which would be before the ball choice is made. If the player has made the ball choice, it is already too late to respond because a game step has occurred after the dice roll and the timing on time machine says IMMEDIATELY.
>>
>>43947966
Ball choice is made before the dice roll, though.
>>
>>43942026
A re-roll is not a second roll in any game I have ever played. Therefore it should count as the same roll.
>>
>>43948262
Which ball you choose is before roll.

The amount you add is after the roll. The step I was referring to was the "Choose what number to add step"
>>
>>43951269
Ah, alright.
>>
>>43942026
Saving this image to confirm to myself that this game was not a fabricated memory.
>>
>>43942026
I think I played this with my brother before I could really read. So I honestly don't remember the rules at all.
>>
File: viv_thanks.png (764 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
viv_thanks.png
764 KB, 1280x720
>>43944118
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.