[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dread fits 40k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Dreadnought00.jpg (334 KB, 1065x1024) Image search: [Google]
Dreadnought00.jpg
334 KB, 1065x1024
How do you fit your dread tg?

Chaos heretics also welcome.
>>
>>43937907
A daily regimen of Dreadlifts.
>>
File: imperius_lascannon_large.jpg (282 KB, 1843x2604) Image search: [Google]
imperius_lascannon_large.jpg
282 KB, 1843x2604
Brother Imperius here is going to ask Santa for two more Attacks for Christmas.
>>
>>43937907
Longer legs and arms.

landrollers

Big.
Fucking.
Swords.
>>
>>43937907
Normally assault cannon but occasionally with las.
>>
>>43937907
I love frag cannon furiosos with heavy flamer in a Pod. Rending and the sheer amount of hits even melts TEQ, destroys Dark Eldar and threatens light vehicles. And you don't even loose the powerfist in case you need to meele.
Salamander Dreads go best with the stock multimelta and FlamerFist as long as Vulkan comes along.
Everything else? More Powerfists. More of them.
>>
I've never played an army that fields dreads, but dreadnaut with dreadnaut close combat weapon is my favorite model. Preferably furioso for two scary claw hands. Though I love assault cannons too.

Unfortunately from what I understand Dreadnauts are rather underwhelming on the actual tabletop.
>>
>>43939816
The disparity between DoW games and the reality of tabletop is tragic:

> Walkers spend forever to kill infantry units
> Space Marine captains are largely pointless compared to Chaplains and Librarians
> Nobs, Flash gitz, banshees, seer councils, berserkers and possessed marines aren't worth their salt
> Terminator firepower is underwhelming
> Heavy bolters can't do anything right
The list goes on.
>>
>>43939985
DESU both fair to capture the reality of the fluff. A proper space marine army should be like, thirty dudes at most where a tactical squad is expected to tank hundreds of dice thrown at them and wreck tanks or monsters pretty easily.
>>
File: 0125.jpg (1 MB, 1436x1676) Image search: [Google]
0125.jpg
1 MB, 1436x1676
>>43941770
Fucking hate that weeb filter.
>>
>>43941785
so much better than the nigger memespeak desu senpai
>>
File: ironclad.jpg (61 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
ironclad.jpg
61 KB, 960x717
>tfw no forgeworld bits
>>
File: wash.jpg (157 KB, 899x733) Image search: [Google]
wash.jpg
157 KB, 899x733
>>43941825
Too be honest isn't ghetto talk, it's a simple shortening of a longer phrase such as Laughing out Loud, Rolling on the Floor Laughing, Of Course, Son of [a] Bitch, etc.

Don't mistake ghetto phrases for the overall sinking of the English language in the digital age.
>>
>>43941785
faм
твн
cucк
>>
That hatefist murderpack hell formation, or whatever it's called.

Deepstrike three hellbrutes in with DCCW and multimeltas, run towards the nearest living thing and kill it. Laugh as I roll It Will Not Die and repeat.
>>
>>43941878
Never really understood why Chaos can't get Hurricane Bolters for Land Raiders and Helbrutes

I mean, it's literally just six bolters strapped together and slaved to a single trigger, it's not even a complicated modification. It's so basic that even the most poor Warbands could probably make it if they wanted.

That's just me bitching.

For my Helbrutes, I run Multi-Melta + Power Scourge or dual Scourges. Surprisingly more effective than people would think, as Scourges are pretty mean.
>>
>>43937907
Twin-linked autocannons or bust. I added a third Dread for 12 str7 ap4 re-rolling goodness and now anything not av14 quickly stops being a threat in a turn. I sometimes forget dreadnoughts have attacks for melee because mine just vomit bullets at things I don't like.
>>
>>43937907
In my Nurgle/Death Guard I sometimes run a Contemptor with double TL Autocannons, a Decimator with double Butcher Cannons, and a Helbrute with TL Autocannon and missle launcher.
>>
2x Ccw 2xScorcha
>>
Acceptable helbrute loadouts:

Power fist, tl lascannon

Multi melta, power fist with combi bolter

Two power fists, heavy flamer, combi bolter

power scourge a shit
>>
Death company dread with blood claws, magna grapple, flamer and storm bolter. For optimal results point towards enemy and stand the fuck back.
>>
>>43937907
Plasma cannon/ML.

Once you do it, you won't ever take lascannons again.
>>
You wot mate? The only thing that works is reaper autocannon & ML.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.