[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
R U ready /tg/? for the shooterpocalyps?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: screworiginiality.jpg (631 KB, 1142x1501) Image search: [Google]
screworiginiality.jpg
631 KB, 1142x1501
/tg/, are you ready for the inevitable onslaught of people going "hey guys I want to run a game based off of Overwatch/BattleBorn/other sci fi team based moba lite action shooter, what is the best game system?" and then of course the "stat me" or "this is how I" or "these are the alignments of the characters" threads

and then theres gonna be at least 3 quests related to them
>>
File: paladins_logo.jpg (87 KB, 612x417) Image search: [Google]
paladins_logo.jpg
87 KB, 612x417
>>43935310
I don't have a problem with the new trend of hero-based action/shooter games. Besides, it's not like those are the only ones. There's Paladins, Overwatch, Battleborn, Gigantic, Dirty Bomb, Ghost in the Shell Online and more to come. Of course, since these are unique characters, it's not surpriseding people will be drawn to the ones most interesting to them and ask for the nigh-inevitable "stat me" or whatever.

tl;dr - Chill out, nerd.
>>
So it'll be the same as now. We always have those threads, with the subjects changing of the flavour of the month. Nothing new there.
>>
>>43935310
The system answer is Mutants and Masterminds, by the way.
>>
>>43935992
Where would one go to know more about this system?
>>
>>43936462
There is a rule book you could pirate, then potentially buy if you're interested or feeling generous.
>>
>>43937424
>its generosity to pay people for their work
>its generosity to not steal

Jesus fucking wept.
>>
I think a board game based on this genre might be fun.
>>
>>43935310
Only one of these will be moderately successful

I'm not to worried
>>
File: dog is sad.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
dog is sad.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>>43935310

Yeah, I am ready
>>
File: frag_set_up.jpg (355 KB, 800x645) Image search: [Google]
frag_set_up.jpg
355 KB, 800x645
>>43937893
I'm honestly surprised that FRAG hasnt been updated to match today's shooter genre. the original game came out in 2001 where the biggest influences were probably Quake and Golden Eye 64.

>>43937925
define moderate

cause despite there been a bunch of mobas, many of them could be deemed moderately successful. The prizepool for Smite is in the millions. single digits millions, but thats still a shit ton of money for competitive play
>>
>>43937712
Listen son, I'm not about to judge a dude for not being able to afford every PnP rulebook there is. Nor am I gunna fault a guy for pirating a rulebook to see if he likes it or not.
>>
File: 1447596226752.png (593 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1447596226752.png
593 KB, 1000x667
>>43935310

OP, let me give you a rundown of how each of those quests would go

>Overwatch Quest

This is gonna be the rollercoaster of the three. It's gonna either be relatively decent or devolve into waifu wars and waifu fucking as anons are caught inbetween bouts of fucking Tracer or Mercy or Mei and bro-ing it up with Torbjorn, Winston, and Lucio.

>Paladins Quest

Will be outright ignored by everyone

>Battleborn Quest

This is the wild card. Expect lots of explosive action and dice-fueled derails.
>>
>>43938093
HoTS tier the moba not SC2 since that game is on life support. (SC2 i mean)
>>
>>43938255
I think Paladins Quest would be interesting if the game provides enough material to work with.
>>
>>43938301
only Blizzard can make an RTS game and then proceed to take years to release each faction's story...

for fucks sake command and conquer generals had 3 stories, then 3 more for its expansion, AND an entire "subplot" with its generals challenge!
>>
>>43938899
dude, have you went back and played SC1's campaigns? They're 8 levels, +1 bonus levels, and totally linear.

One of those campaigns has as much playability as your typical RTS's total set of campaigns.
>>
>>43936462
Google Mutants and Masterminds 3e, a sire hosting the PDF should pop up near the top.

>>43938128
100% correct. I'm not about to buy a book for a system that turns out to be shit. Likewise I won't hesitate to buy the book for a system I'm actually going to run.
>>
>>43938953
>They're 8 levels, +1 bonus levels, and totally linear.
10 levels each actually.

Plus the five Enslavers missions, which was the non-linear awesome little custom map campaign you probably never played.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.