[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Powered by the Apocalypse General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: pbtaShot.jpg (24 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
pbtaShot.jpg
24 KB, 350x350
I wanted to get a new and hopefully reoccurring general going about all the Powered by the Apocalypse games that people might be playing.
>Apocalypse World
>Dungeon World
>Monsterhearts
>Monster of the Week
>Murderous Ghosts
>Nanoworld: a Game of Clones
>Sagas of the Icelanders
>The Sundered Land
>Tremulus
>Urban Shadows
I know that Dungeon World had some popularity here, and I've seen the rare Apocalypse World thread, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the other games. I have a Urban Shadows game going right now and it's all I wanted from a World of Darkness style game and more.
>>
>>43935282
>Nanoworld: a Game of Clones
What's this one about? Clones are always pretty interesting.

Titan World is another good one if you're into weeb shit.
>>
>>43935413
I googled that for you...
http://www.finemessgames.com/nanoworld-a-game-of-clones

Is Titan World based off of AoT? I would adventure in that world so hard.
>>
Don't forget World of Dungeons & its hacks.
I'm doing Shadowrun with a Streets of Marienburg hack I made, which I promptly called Streets of the Sixth World. It's classless, so players just choose two skills, two special abilities, buy some stuff and bam, they've got a shadowrunner.
>>
File: 5.png (353 KB, 494x563) Image search: [Google]
5.png
353 KB, 494x563
>>43935413
Couldn't tell you. I only have experience in a few of these.
>>
Are there any PbtA games that are actually adapted for a lack of PC vs. PC?

>>43935613
It is.
>>
File: Titan World.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Titan World.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43935613
>Is Titan World based off of AoT? I would adventure in that world so hard.
Yeah. Really fun system. There's a couple versions of it now but here's the original.
>>
Thread Topic!
What games do you like the most?
Why?
What games do you want to play the most?
What settings do you want to be turned into PbtA games?
>>
>>43935670
Like games that don't set you up for inner-party conflict?
>>
>>43935796
>What games do you like the most?
Apocalypse World & World of Dungeons
>Why?
Apocalypse World is basically how I always GMed, and when I read it I just felt like "oh shit, so it's actually a specific way of doing that shit?!" and I was really amazed at all the great tools and the fact that the game is essentially made for my style of GMing.

World of Dungeons because I'm a sucker for minimalism and OSR, and it has both in a sweet PbtA package.
Also, those fucking spirit-wizards.

>What games do you want to play the most?
Right now, my own hack Streets of The Sixth World, since i'm running a campaign and it's still great. Lots of drama between the PCs, tons of things happening, violence is crazy intense and dangerous, but nobody died yet (tho the Troll almost got put down by a hail of bullets).

>What settings do you want to be turned into PbtA games?
I love the Hotline Miami one. I'd like a Changelings PbtA game, but I have no idea how hard it would be to do it. Oh, and a Mage (ascension). There's Wizard World based on Ars Magica tho.
>>
>>43935849
I'd say, most of them aren't really designed this way, aside from Apocalypse World and Monster Hearts. And Dream Eskew (Queer Apocalypse World).
>>
>>43935910
>Hotline Miami
Not sure if PbtA would be the best way to do it, but I'd love to see a game for this too.
>>
>>43935282

The Regiment looks like a promising one whenever John Harper gets around to finishing it, too. One part war movie, one part war game.
>>
>>43935849
Yes.
Dungeon World tried to do this but ultimately, it just plays better if the party does have conflicting goals.
>>
File: 1448820779049.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1448820779049.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43935943
It's actually far from PbtA, but it's kinda cool.
The AW hack isn't great, on the other hand.

>>43935959
It's an awesome read.
>>
>>43936044
>this pdf

Holy shit this game. That's something I've gotta try.
>>
>>43935796
Kill Six Billion Demons.
>>
>>43935959
Implying that John Harper will ever finish it.
>>
>>43936843
In March 2013, he said on Story Games that he was making a crunchier World of Dungeons, but I still don't know if it is Streets of Marienburg or a discarded project. Any infos?
>>
What do people think of Masks, if they backed the kickstarter? I got it, and I'm considering running it for my group, but I want to see other people's experiences with it first.
>>
>>43936843
Not that I know him or anything but he told me on twitter that he was going to finish it after his kickstarter game that he's doing right now.
>>
>>43939168

Masks is fine for slug-it-out superheroics. But I found it a little bit disappointing. I was hoping for something along the lines of Monsterhearts but with superheroes.
>>
File: 1372095151.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1372095151.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
I'm trying to put together an Apocalypse World or Night Witches group for an 8 session campaign.

I don't have the scenario planned or anything, but I think it will be an interesting experience playing with the end already put into place. We're gonna try to pace it like an HBO miniseries.

https://join.skype.com/ziziphPN1DZC

Looking to start sometime this weekend.
>>
>>43939168
Why do they wear the Masks?
>>
Does no one play, or know, World Wide Wrestling?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.