[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This Guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: grafix.gif (3 MB, 600x310) Image search: [Google]
grafix.gif
3 MB, 600x310
I'm tired of hearing about how awful people can be, /tg/. I'm sick of hearing about That Guy.

Tell me about This Guy. This Guy, who shows up to every session on time. This Guy, who brings his own coasters for you to use. This Guy, who, upon realizing he's built a character too strong for the campaign, nerfs his character for you.

Well all know That Guy. Fuck That Guy. Tell me about This Guy. Have a cute gif, to boot.
>>
>>43918677
Once had a player who was VERY into the setting, asking questions about how societies and religions worked, about how things tangentially related to the plot worked, because he wanted his character to act as if he had grown up in the world. He helped me drag the other players from playing nothing but PF and D&D into playing other games like DH and stuff.

He also brought food & drinks all the time.

I miss you, Greg.
>>
>>43918677
I got a guy who bring free beer to every rogue trader session. He's a swell individual.
>>
A GM of mine had a 3.5 houserule that there was a limit on the number and total power of enchantments you could heap onto one unit at once. As you approached that limit, the likelihood of unforseen side effects increased. It really did a lot to help balance things out.
>>
>>43918866
Miss you too bud.
>>
>>43918866
Lol, tim?
>>
This GM. He's ma nigga.
Homeslice. You know who you are. Letting me re-roll 1s when it matters, because you actually appreciate when I help the newbies and the cleric with stuff. Never letting That Guy get away with dicking with people. Making my old character a saint in canon. This guy is my GM; I don't want another one.
>>
>>43922826
Exactly how it is related to These Guys?
>>
>>43918677
I think I'm the only this guy. I help make mundane maps for the dm, value role play over min maxing. memorized the rules to the dot, recall events, places and character names ingame from 3 years ago, and always show 1-2 hours early.
>>
>>43926674
That... seems a little too early m8. Like, the chances of you catching the DM furiously spanking his meat is too high to be a coincidence.
>>
>>43918677
We have a guy that literally brings a bucket of fried chicken, a handle of alcohol, and something sweet.
>>
>>43926902
...to every session is how that should end.
>>
>>43926902
Can i borrow this guy?
>>
I have a guy around. He makes interesting characters with notable flaws and strengths, interesting concepts and good role-playing. His campaigns tend to be a good mix of action, social stuff and exploration. Despite being stuck as ForeverGM for some time with some rather bad players, he kept it on for quite some time before I took over. Since then, he's built up a desire to run a game again, and I have no doubt it's gonna be awesome. We just started last Sunday, and I'm already liking it.
>>
>>43926985
Nah. He's a pretty chill dude, and we're keeping him. He seriously sucks at roleplaying, and never has a backstory for his characters, but he gets a pass because he's a cool guy.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 500x539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 500x539
>compared to the other players , our This Guy didnt protest in an autistic fit of rage , even when his character died due to not organising a set of armor
>>
It was my first time GMing, a few months back. My group were: Guy who had only played in super game-y PF games, and moderately fluffy w40krpgs, two girls who had only ever been in one game before, a horrible experience with 2nd edition from a horrendous sperglord of a GM. And then one of the girls dragged along her boyfriend. So, group of mostly new people, with a new GM. We played PF with some amount of rule of cool tossed in. The two girls were great. The quiet girl played a wannabe necromancer, and the other played goodhearted fetchling sniper. They were amazing. I was expecting murderhoboism. They thought through their shit thoroughly, they played smart, they avoided fights when it wasn't necessary, they made allies with possible enemies. This group, /tg/. I wish school didn't get in the way of our campaign, it was great.
>>
>>43918677

Once I had a game where everything worked OK.
I had fun.
It was awful.
>>
The dm was amazing, he just flawlessly went with the wave. Kind of a dick but pretty sure he just trying to get me out of the sterotypical "you meet in a tavern". just wish i had a better group of people.
>>
>>43918677

We've got this guy who runs Adventurer's League down at the game store every Wednesday. Works at a law firm during the day, going to grad school, and STILL finds time to run Elemental Evil.

He's been super accommodating with new players--even bought one of them the PHB when they couldn't afford it--and makes sure everyone has fun during the session.
>>
>>43918677
For a long time we had a dude who was our Forever DM despite preferring to play. Now he plays with us and is still chill about running games in the future.
>>
Had this guy who actually brought multiple copies of books and 2 bottles each of our favorite beer sometimes more in case people like the same kind. Real quiet though unless he was RPing which he aced every damned time. Had a bad habit of self inserting bits of his personality into his characters though. Not sure why but he dropped out and left campus a few years after he joined our group.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.