[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would elves who pursue relationships with non-elderly humans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
Would elves who pursue relationships with non-elderly humans be seen as pedophiles by other elves?
>>
>>43916694
No
>>
>>43916694
No, that's stupid.
>>
File: 1406814317-iori-o[1].png (256 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
1406814317-iori-o[1].png
256 KB, 500x706
>>43916694
Does that mean elves ara ara~ by default?
>>
>>43916694
No, but they would possibly have other terms and attached values for it depending on their local culture.
>>
>>43916694
Isn't the way it works for elves that they mature at a rate comparable to humans up to physical adulthood, but they aren't considered socially mature and educated enough for elvish society until their early hundreds? So from their perspective it'd be more like taking advantage of a naive young adult or late-teenager.
>>
>>43916694
adult humans are not children, so no
>>
>>43917782
Depends on the setting.

Once read a book where 30 year old elves were rolling around in fields and crying for their mothers like toddlers.
>>
>>43917639
once again, I cry just a little bit on the inside when I remember how they relegated their best character design to a minor side part. May the Christmas cake forever be honored in the doujins. ;_;7
>>
File: Seriously.jpg (41 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.jpg
41 KB, 480x360
>>43916694
>elf and human
>pedophilia

It's bestiality.

I know you disgusting humans don't see yourselves as animals, but think about it like this: You see a dude getting fucked in the ass by a nine-year-old chimp. Do you call him a pedophile, or a monkey-fucker?
>>
>>43917608
Why is it stupid, anon? Physically, they may be adults, but look at the lifespan of an elf. Humans might be seen as children by elves considering their life experiences are very limited, and might even behave comparable to elven children because of it. This is one major reason why elves see humans, and most other races, as beneath them.
>>
>>43918257
That sounds a little disturbing, to be honest. Where they children physically speaking?
>>
>>43919132

Possibly. I generally consider most races that closely resemble humans (such as elves and dwarves) to be basically different sub-species of the same general thing.

While this is completely headcanon as far as I know, they are certainly closer in resemblance and behaviour to each other than humans and chimps.
>>
>>43916694
No more than you would be for becoming romantically involved with a 7-year old canine.
>>
Heck, would older elves pursuing younger but still adult elves be seen as pedo?

Like, one is over a thousand years old, the other is only 20. That seems pretty pedo to me.
>>
>>43916694
The Harkness Laws generally apply.
Is it a mature adult of its kind?
Is it sapient, and capable of communication?
Is it consenting?
Then give it the dick.
>>
>>43916694
This art really bothers me.

The elf looks like a Mexican and the pale girl looks like a Korean.
>>
>>43919600
Yeah, it was a really quick GIS of the subject, just threw up the first one I found that seemed generic enough and semi-related.
>>
>>43919479
I guess it depends on the setting, I think the D&D PHBs usually consider elves mature somewhere around 50 or 70 years.
>>
>>43919132
>It's bestiality.
>I know you disgusting humans don't see yourselves as animals, but think about it like this: You see a dude getting fucked in the ass by a nine-year-old chimp. Do you call him a pedophile, or a monkey-fucker?
Both

>>43916694
Yes

>>43917782
>Isn't the way it works for elves that they mature at a rate comparable to humans up to physical adulthood, but they aren't considered socially mature and educated enough for elvish society until their early hundreds? So from their perspective it'd be more like taking advantage of a naive young adult or late-teenager.
Typically, yes. The thing to remember is that elves are not retarded. And that humans keep on maturing as they age. There is a reason why most human cultures consider the elderly to be wiser, more experienced, and more mature than a 20 year old.
A 90 year old elf is as mature as a 90 year old human. Elves live for a fucklong time... elves under 100 are considered "children".
You ever spoke with a 60 year old who referred to 25 year olds as kids? to them, they are
>>
>>43919387
>Possibly. I generally consider most races that closely resemble humans (such as elves and dwarves) to be basically different sub-species of the same general thing.
>While this is completely headcanon as far as I know, they are certainly closer in resemblance and behaviour to each other than humans and chimps.
Since in the vast majority of settings they can cross breed to produce non sterile offspring (half elves) then it is less headcanon and more the fact that you actually understand biology, unlike many authors.
Then again, they are called "races" not "species" generally so maybe people do get it
>>
>>43919600
And that's where you draw the line?
>>
>>43919772
Not him, but personally to me a Latin-American elf and a Asian human is a strange portrayal for historical European-inspired fantasy. Nothing wrong with it but it doesn't feel like a suitable choice.
>>
>>43919746
Great points in general. For the "races" part, I've often heard anything that is considered 'sentient' a race, including dragons
>>
>>43919387
>humans superficially resemble some elder races and ape their language
>this means that humans are their equals

Yes, yes, we understand, human. You think everyone is either equivalent to humans (because you can't comprehend anything beyond humanity), or less-than-human (which means it's okay to do with as you will). This means you think it's acceptable to defile anything that holds still long enough, including food animals, demons, cats, floor tiles, the dead, goblins, and even your own infants.

And yes, this does result in a handful of deranged elves consorting with humans. Just like some particularly deranged humans would attempt to mate with a goblin. Yes there is some superficial resemblance, and yes some malformed bastard-child may result from the act, but this does not make the pairing any less repulsive or unnatural.
>>
>>43920437
>>humans superficially resemble some elder races and ape their language
>>this means that humans are their equals

Nice strawman elf. I'm sorry, would you prefer stawELF?
>>
>>43916694
To the Human its a near-religious experience to have sex with a perfect physical specimen who has 1000s of years of experience.

To the Elf its an easy fling where the other party is guaranteed to die and be forgotten after a few centuries where another Elf would get clingy or annoying after a few centuries.
>>
>>43918301
Need some cake, yo
>>
File: elf.jpg (175 KB, 1001x978) Image search: [Google]
elf.jpg
175 KB, 1001x978
>>43916694
>>43919512

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh

This super depends on the type of elf, and given that this is a question I'm assuming we're talking about elves who live for fucking eras and become hella wise and all that.

Now, I'm not gonna say they'd be seen as a pedo (that is to say liable to be imprisoned for rape). What I will say is it'd be seen as skeevy as fuck by a lot of people. Maybe not elves (maybe they're all creeps?) but certainly humans.

I mean, if you saw a very old human with an 18 yr old human, you'd think the older one was a bit skeevey. The younger human is obviously old enough to give informed consent, right, but there's ... I guess an imbalance of life experience that often leads to bad things.

Like, yes, hypothetically it can be fine. But be straight with yourself, how many college kids who dated people a decade or more older than them do you know who ended up with a happy and healthy relationship?

Now multiple that effect by centuries. It's not pedophilia but it's definitely weird as fuck. How does this entity (it's hard to think of something that old and experienced in human psychological terms for me desu) even relate to the human? It's just weird. Hypothetically, again, could go fine. But on average that's either an elf who's getting their rocks off on someone else's youth (which will burn out fast and ugly) or manipulating someone who's younger and stupider than they are (same). Not great.
>>
>>43919204
It's dumb because the proportion of ages isn't what makes pedophilia creepy.

One might argue it's more akin to bestiality, but that depends entirely on the snootiness of the setting's elves.
>>
>>43921197
I'd forgotten about that comic.
>>
>>43917782
its not society that decides when the elf is an adult its the elf itself

otherwise yes
>>
>>43919512
in general i agree with those guidelines but i think you can auctualy go a little lower then human inteligence

im not sure how much lower though.
>>
>>43924732
Does it get lewd?
>>
>>43926359
I never saw it through to the end, and I don't even know if it ever even finished, but besides a movie tier sex scene now and then, I don't think so.
>>
>>43917639
Who is this wonderful cake.
>>
File: 1447907686583.png (178 KB, 1265x842) Image search: [Google]
1447907686583.png
178 KB, 1265x842
>>43916694
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.