[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars General: You Brought Two Spaceships Too Many Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72
File: 1437595123314.jpg (2 MB, 4800x2028) Image search: [Google]
1437595123314.jpg
2 MB, 4800x2028
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny), d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else star wars related

Previous Thread: >>43893388

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/nXspTQRn
>>
Reminder that luminous beings are we, not this crude matter
>>
>>43911732

>going for Once Upon a Time In the West reference Edition
>instead of "You Don't Get to Bring Friends Edition"

Good choice
>>
>>43911732
So I asked on the last thread, but where do you guys get miniatures? Is there a site that you guys prefer?
>>
>>43912389
I responded on the last thread, but the old WotC game miniatures are pretty cheap on Ebay, and Imperial Assault stuff isn't extortionate usually. Other than that, I too am curious for an answer to that question. I'm working on a Star Wars Necromunda hack and would love to not have to sculpt everything.
>>
>>43912389

I've been buying Star Wars: Imperial Assault. Even if I didn't enjoy the game--I do--for reasonable prices I'm getting a bunch of useful minis as well as terrain tiles and the like.
>>
Anyone had any experience with armada? looks cool, and I'm thinking of getting the starter set for a buddy for christmas in order to get him back into tabletop gaming (he made a foray into 40k a decade ago, then lost intrest).
>>
>>43911732

So I will be receiving my TFA X-wing core set today. What can I expect? Should I have sprung for a second core and/or expansions? I'm generally a very cautious consumer so I was leery of grabbing anything extra before I even try the game.
>>
>>43912634

I adore Armada, I simply can't afford to buy all the plastic crack I want to buy.
>>
>>43912640
Expect fun, the tfa rulebooks a lot more coherent and x wine's such an affordable and quality game that you'll be able to have a couple weeks worth of enjoyment with your buddies just off the starter pack.
>>
>>43912708
>the tfa rulebooks a lot more coherent
By "coherent" you mean of course "jumbled, yes?
>>
>>43912708
>>43912777

I have enough FFG products in my library to have figured out the esoteric nightmare-machine which apparently is in charge of their rulebook organization. So that won't be a problem.
>>
>>43912640
Expect one of the best miniature games on the market right now!

TFA X-Wing's a solid box. The T-70 is pretty snazzy, and Poe made it to both te top World's list this year, and the runner up, too! BB-8's a solid little astromech. And the Tie/FOs are actually a lot of fun to fly! My favorite being Zeta Ace, if you give him Push the Limit and Engine Upgrade.

Best thing to do is try playing a few small games with a friend (or more), and figure out what ships you'd really like to get. The original core set is a good idea, even if all the rules from it are null, and the damage deck outdated. But other than that, fly what you like! If you're a fan of Interceptors, get the Inperial Aces pack and an Interceptor. If you love B-Wings and A-Wings, get the Rebel Aces and a B and A pack. Pick up a T-65 X-Wing and fly Wedge around a bit! Get a Most Wanted, Firespray, Agressor, and Hiund's Tooth if you have a hard-on for the Empire Strikes Back bounty hunters!

Almost anything works, it's mostly just about what you think would be fun to fly!
>>
>>43912665
That said, aside from the core set what are the eseential buys?
A lot of the online reviews say that in order to have a satisfying game you bacially have to have the minis from two core sets, now i'm willing to throw myself down upon the sword an get a core set for myself (selflessly sacraficing my free time and dsposable income in the intrest of a better game experience don't you know), but at the same time is see beautiful ships like the Imperial star destroyer and the Mon Cal cruiser and think "me likey".
Also what about the figher packs? does the addition of Y-wings, A-wings, B-wings and the TIE varients add depth to the game?
>>
File: 1063807.jpg (676 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1063807.jpg
676 KB, 1600x1200
>>43912389
I usually buy off Amazon for some sweet bargains
>>
Anyone done a Poe Dameron T-70 repaint?
>>
Did your character ever go undercover as a slave girl?
>>
>>43913983
Once.
It ended rather poorly for the t'landa Til who got a bit too grabby, once the rest of the party showed up.
Having a vibroblade jammed through your neck seems like it'd be an unpleasant experience.
>>
>>43913983
My gamorrean wore it once. It chaffed for him.
>>
>>43914131

That's the point, to get close enough by appearing to have no concealed weapons whatsoever.
>>
>>43914967
Oh no, she didn't have the blade before they went loud. She acquired it and went out of her way to shank the bastard.
>>
>>43915107

That works too.
>>
>>43913983
One of my players' characters did and now they've all got a bounty placed on their heads by the hutt they tricked and stole a jedi from
>>
>>43913088
In my personal experience, it works very well on the slow buy system. You start off playing a core set, either one or two, then you buy what you really want to play with. After buying what you really want to play with, and playing a game or two with it, you look at holes that you'd like to fill. Say you started off buying a ISD and a MC80, and now you want to have a few more smaller ships. well, an additional CR90 and 2 raiders is a decent expansion to that and gives you a lot of extra stuff to play. But hey, these raiders have some cards that are focused on taking care of fighters. Maybe now would be a good time to pick up a fighter pack or two. and so on and so forth until you have a collection you're happy with.
>>
>>43915178
Yeah, playing a Mando in 986 BBY is fun.
We're basically a Republic special ops team, and there was word that this t'landa Til was hording Sith artifacts.
My character's parents both died fighting on Ruusan alongside the Army of Light (fun fact, The New Sith Wars was the one time the Mandos came down on the Jedi side in a Jedi/Sith conflict) when she was only five, so she kinda has a massive hateboner for dark side assholes. So not only was she indignant about the groping, and the attempt to mindrape her with a force-enhanced variant of the Exultation (party Jedi was elsewhere in the estate, and he reached out to help her keep her mind her own), she also rather enjoyed "Probably the closest I'll ever get to a chance at killing Sith."
So far that's held true. Which is good, because I doubt if she could actually take a true Sith, and not just some amateur Sorcerer who isn't even Krath-tier.
>>
>>43913983
no, but the group was nearly prosecuted for war crimes by the new republic for massacring nearly 200 pimps and slavers
>>
>>43915798

I suppose the "nearly" was because they were pimps and slavers, right?
>>
>>43915855
sort of. slaving was a capital offense under the laws of the new government, who the PCs were supporting and was recognized by the NR, and the planet's government gave them legal authority, so they were able to argue to the tribunal that the executions were in fact criminal punishment under local law
>>
>>43915959

That makes sense, though due process is usually observed. I'd say what you were doing was justified but the means by which it was done were shady and how you got out of the punishment was also shady, but good on you.

Still, for a band of rogues it works. If there was a Jedi on the team, it'd probably set him on a course for the Dark Side.
>>
>>43912849
The TIE/FO may get underestimated a lot but it's an incredible ship. The green turns alone make it worthwhile.
>>
>>43916240
As someone who doesn't play X-Wing, what's the difference between the original TIE and the TIE/fo (besides the paint job)? Not necessarily in gameplay terms but canon-wise.
>>
>>43916281
Shields, a rear gun, possibly different avionics if the gubbins on the new TIE pilot helmet signify some sort of HUD system.
>>
>>43916311

I believe the rear turret seat is only in their SF model of TIE, not the generic TIE/fo.

But yeah, databank and stuff said it has modernized systems.
>>
>>43916078
oh yeah, it was pretty shady. it wasn't their lowest point, even. that was probably the botched attempt to launch an orbital bombardment of Nal Hutta in an effort to severely fuck with the hutts for revenge
at a certain point, they ended up looking at themselves and saying "we kind of don't deserve to keep living" and volunteered for a suicide mission to to blow up the shipyards of some Yevetha-lite warlord out in the near unknown regions. it was a success, but of course none of them made it out
>>
A few questions:

Do the ships in Starship Battles scale with X-Wing? If so, when do the ships stop scaling since there's a scale discrepancy?

Where can I get specific quantities of specific Micro Machines Star Wars models? (Example: six TIE Fighters, two TIE Bombers, three X-Wings...)
>>
Posted this link before, but might as well again.
People who want to see the original Star Wars before the new release, here you go. This is the VHS release, not the original theater versions, but it's before any major Lucas edits. Not as good high quality as the DeMastered fan edit, but it's enjoyable all the same.

Trust the link, or don't. I'll probably post it a few more times before VII hits, and maybe a few times afterward.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/h5iw1a3dxdcx4/Star_Wars-Definitive_Original_Trilogy
>>
File: Directed By George Lucas.jpg (119 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Directed By George Lucas.jpg
119 KB, 2000x1000
>>43916710

>Han Solo was going to marry Leia, and you look back and say, ‘Should he be a cold-blooded killer? ... Because I was thinking mythologically — should he be a cowboy, should he be John Wayne? And I said, ‘Yeah, he should be John Wayne.’ And when you’re John Wayne, you don’t shoot people [first] — you let them have the first shot. It’s a mythological reality that we hope our society pays attention to.
>George Lucas in a recent interview on why he made that chainge

source: http://moviepilot.com/posts/3662678?utm_source=fb-channel-scifi-movie-channel&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=george-lucas-says-greedo-was-originally-supposed-to-shoot-first&lt_source=external,manual
>>
File: AT-PT_schem.jpg (700 KB, 1823x1516) Image search: [Google]
AT-PT_schem.jpg
700 KB, 1823x1516
Forever EU
>>
>>43916801
Nope, they're canon. They appear in a mobile game.
>>
>>43916796

In this version, Greedo doesn't shoot at all, how it's supposed to be.

What fucking movies is Lucas watching? John Wayne would waste a scummy fuck rather than let him take a potshot. That's what a fucking pistol duel is.
>>
>>43916796

Huh, that actually makes sense.

But the problem still remains. The edit made things look terrible.

Also, its hard to be a "cold blooded killer" when your killing someone whose a shithead, and obviously going to kill you, and even said as much. A better option for the scene would have been more implication that Greedo is a shit and deserves worse.
>>
>>43916915
Especially one that flat out says he's going to kill you regardless.
>>
>bringing up the Han Shot first shit

oh boy here we go

jeeebus even the Lego Star Wars show brought it up
>>
>>43916919

Expanding on Greedo in canon, everyone says he's a stupid fuck and an idiot and no one took him seriously.

Still, even if he was kind of a shitter in canon, it still makes sense to gun the fucker down first. Rookies only need to get lucky once.
>>
File: 1371244512221.jpg (45 KB, 456x433) Image search: [Google]
1371244512221.jpg
45 KB, 456x433
>>43916919
>>
>>43913898
Not me personally, but I've seen people online that've done the Black/Orange paintjob on the T-70s.

>>43916548
If you're asking if there's larger ships like Capital Ships, there's some bigger ships like cruisers like the CR90 Tantive IV, but there's a cap to their size. If you're looking for a game that's more of a focus on that, you might want to check out Armada, which has some similar gameplay elements but is a bit more strategic and careful planning.

For micro machines, if you're looking for big packs of single ships, you're probably better off looking on eBay for lots people are selling.
>>
T65XJ title that lets me mount two Modifications on my T65 when, FFG?
That way I can Engine Upgrade AND Integrated Astromech
>>
>>43917129

I'm asking about Starship Battles fighters. I figure anything above a starfighter doesn't really scale with the rest, and I'm wondering if they use the same or similar scale to Micro Machines, which are slightly smaller than X-Wing scale.

I'm planning on getting some Micro Machines starfighters so I can cut them up and use them as 3D terrain, like having a bunch of TIE Bomber wreckage floating above the terrain piece with a wrecked TIE Bomber. Also I could use intact ones for scenery on landing pads and hangar bays and such. That and maybe have some practice making uglies. Legacy ones, mind, not whatever shitty ones I could come up with.
>>
File: Red-squadron-veteran.png (258 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
Red-squadron-veteran.png
258 KB, 300x418
>>43917355
you really want to use those old X Wing aces in T70s dont you anon
>>
>>43917410
>old X Wing aces in T70s
Maybe if the T-70 wasn't so ugly.
>>
>>43917519
>T-70
>ugly
Hardly.
>>
File: canvas tearin it up.jpg (5 MB, 3580x2064) Image search: [Google]
canvas tearin it up.jpg
5 MB, 3580x2064
>>43917519
>T-70 wasn't so ugly

Its not ugly Anon
>>
File: Pellaeon_absolutelydisgusting.jpg (66 KB, 281x246) Image search: [Google]
Pellaeon_absolutelydisgusting.jpg
66 KB, 281x246
>>43917535
>>43917573
>Those engines
>Those s-foils
Disgusting.
>>
>>43917573

Best song to play when flying one of these things? Does Danger Zone go with anything fairly speedy and fighty?
>>
>>43917410
Well, considering the T70 is basically just a relevant T65...
>>
>>43917635

But are the same pilots just as relevant 30 years down the line? ;_;
>>
Ahhh here we go, the once per topic T70 hate

so whats next on our agenda? KOTOR 2 was good/bad debate?
>>
>>43917599

Shouldn't you be a black chick, Pellaeon?
>>
>>43917682
littorally kill you're self
>>
>>43917660
Well, if Bryan Cranston can still kick ass in a fighter 19 years later...
>>
File: ThisPleasesTheTIEBomberPilot .gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ThisPleasesTheTIEBomberPilot .gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>43917573
>dem engines
>dem S-foils
Beautiful.
>>
>>43917674

We need to just turn this into a Bingo so we can at least accomplish something with our shitposting.

Don't we already have s /swg/ shitposting Bingo?
>>
>>43917702
The Horn dynasty is no longer canon, sadly. Same goes for the other pilots we knew and loved.
>>
>>43917674
We had that last thread.
>>
>>43917660
Threadly reminder that Wedge Antilles shakes one transparisteel leg at young cadets and demands they leave his lawn.
>>
>>43917848
Clearly we need to convince the mouse that letting Stackpole wrote new fighter pilot books is the way to go.
>>
>>43917695
>littorally
You want him to kill himself next to the sea?
>>
>>43917959
>Stackpole
God damn it, why couldn't he have died over Allston?
>>
File: 1447120809077.jpg (184 KB, 900x1362) Image search: [Google]
1447120809077.jpg
184 KB, 900x1362
>>43917959
With the disbandment of the standing Alliance military, how would that even work? A promoted Wedge reinstates Rogue Squadron and asks for volunteers on the holonet? All-Corellian fighter unit? Syal and Poe as Maverick and Iceman?

Or would it be a GCW-era story that brings back the Adumar Four and other old faces?
>>
>>43918005
That is correct.
>>
>>43918029
I was thinking take inspiration from The Bacta War.
New Republic gets stupid in the head while a certain Imperial junta is still out there, Rogue Squadron says "kriff that", take their fighters, and head ff to help start the Resistance.
>>
>>43918029
>Wedge and his boys teaching the next batch of pilots how to dogfight Top Gun style

All the funding, take my money please
>>
>>43918006
Because Billy Joel.
>>
File: 1448850573529.png (12 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1448850573529.png
12 KB, 160x160
>>43918006

>wanting Stackpole dead
>not wanting both of them alive and writing books

Fuck you
>>
>>43918097

I hope this is the plot for "Rogue one"
>>
>>43918029

I assume the Republic keeps a smaller armed force in service for larger campaigns and greater defense. Resistance seems just more local PDF. Still, PDF on the Edge of the Republic might get up to some trouble, as can a Republic special forces team.
>>
>>43918121
No, fuck Stackpole, Bacta War was the only good thing he ever wrote.
>>
>>43918129

It isn't

Rogue One plot is about dirty dozen stealing death star plans, led by award actress from movie about smart guy
>>
>>43918129
>the plot for "Rogue one"
It's not. IIRC, the official plot is a heist film involving the Death Star plan theft and a team of ground-pounders.

>>43918130
Yeah, I doubt that the old guard of the NR military would let their old lines of communication go unused. Ackbar, Wedge, Han, and others would probably at least keep in unofficial contact to make sure everyone is on the same page, properly supplied, and properly trained.
>>
>>43917633
Did somebody say "DANGER ZONE!"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRU3I_o1vLc
>>
File: TheranBriaTheran.jpg (81 KB, 803x737) Image search: [Google]
TheranBriaTheran.jpg
81 KB, 803x737
>>43918194
>>
>>43918130
That's pretty much what Aftermath has Mon Mothma proposing. 90-95% disarmament, with the rest remaining as a basic defense fleet for aid, while the member planets provide their own PDFs like they did before the Clone Wars.

The Resistance is implied to just be a NR proxy, anyway.
>>
>>43918138
I thought all the first four Rogue Squadron books were good.

Plus his BattleTech novels
>>
>>43918194
>>43918198
>PoS movie about gurrrrrl commando stealing Death Star plans
littorally kill me
>>
>>43918309

I'm nervous with all the big names - a number of the actors\actresses are\have been nominated, or have won awards.
>>
>>43918309
Look on the bright side. There's a nonzero probability that her character will be named Jan Ors.
>>
>>43918341
I'd be more worried about the director than the actors. Edwards is responsible for Godzilla being 90% snorefest because he thought "inability to act" was a great approximation of PTSD.
>>
File: Hobbie Klivian.jpg (18 KB, 238x316) Image search: [Google]
Hobbie Klivian.jpg
18 KB, 238x316
>>43918341
The biggest offense is Alan Tudyk being cast as an alien instead of as Hobbie Klivian.
>>
>>43918394
20 bucks says he's the traitor
>>
File: 1446290125228.jpg (145 KB, 624x950) Image search: [Google]
1446290125228.jpg
145 KB, 624x950
>>43918373

It really doesn't matter. The whole concept of the movie is a "morally grey" kathryn bigelow style war film, in star wars.

It should have been a fighter pilot movie, set between Ep4 and Ep5, with Luke and Wedge putting together the first Rogue Squadron.

But whatever.
>>
File: sam feels.jpg (43 KB, 800x354) Image search: [Google]
sam feels.jpg
43 KB, 800x354
>>43918364
>no kyle katarn
>no jerec
>>
File: sudden but inevitable betrayal.jpg (44 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
sudden but inevitable betrayal.jpg
44 KB, 800x600
>>43918409
His is an evil laugh.
>>
>>43918409
Are you saying that he'll go turbo?
>>
File: sam feels2.jpg (41 KB, 800x354) Image search: [Google]
sam feels2.jpg
41 KB, 800x354
>>43918394
>>43918432
>no classic Rogue Squadron doing space fighter things
>>
>>43918432
>kathryn bigelow
welp, film is fucked
>>
File: Mandalore the Beardless.png (190 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
Mandalore the Beardless.png
190 KB, 533x400
>>43918433
>no kyle katarn
Kyle was beardless during the first Dark Forces. Maybe there's a new young Kyle in there somewhere and Jason Court will return as Old Kyle in Episode VIII or IX.

>>43918466
I feel like that story would be more suited to vidya than a movie or miniseries. That way, you can get live-action FMV cutscenes featuring the /swg/ dream cast with more liberty to create ridiculous dogfights.
>>
File: 1409716992301.jpg (167 KB, 900x1000) Image search: [Google]
1409716992301.jpg
167 KB, 900x1000
>>43918513

Shes not directing. They just want the movie to be like her iraq war films
>>
File: sam feels3.jpg (45 KB, 800x354) Image search: [Google]
sam feels3.jpg
45 KB, 800x354
>>43918546
I just want my ragtag squadron of elite pilots to be canon and in the films. Damn you, Disney!

Also Katarn's adventures are the original Star Wars to me. I actually listened to Dark Forces on tape before I ever saw the films.
>>
>>43918546
>FMV cutscenes

quick we need to steal the tie phantoms!
>>
What's the most interesting time between EP3 and EP4 to set an FFG game and why?
>>
>>43918646
Rebel Assault II was the bee's knees. Fuck Admiral Sarn.
>>
>>43918582
Yes, I understood that. My response is: fuck everything to do with Hurt Locker, and fuck people thinking it's worthy of imitation.
>>
>>43918466
>No classic Rogue Squadron

Well to do that they'd have to recast characters like Wedge and Luke. Disney is doubtless scared shitless about fan backlash after the prequels so they are going to try as hard as they can to not step on any "muh star wars" toes. There are faggots who get angry about there being black stormtroopers despite them wearing fucking armor in every movie. People are going to dissect the fuck out of anything that recasts characters, especially if it's supposed to take place during the original films.
>>
>>43918654
I'd say after 10BBY. That's when the Empire's cruelty really starts getting noticed. 5BBY and the Rebellion is in its infancy, even in Legends.

Although, scavenging CIS wreckage under Imperial authority between 19-10BBY is always something that can be done as well, while you hint at what the Empire's up to.
>>
>>43918720
Here's the thing - if they paid quality homage to existing Legends characters people would hate them /less/ than adding new characters nobody gives a shit about.
>>
File: 136073075539.jpg (84 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
136073075539.jpg
84 KB, 600x857
>>43918716

It won best picture

But I agree with you. morally grey war film does not belong in star wars
>>
>>43918654
If you are going F&D, I would say Order 66 so the game is basically just running the fuck away all the time. For EoTE, probably 5-10 years out so the rebellion barely exists and you get the full Dark Times feel. For AoR, probably 10-15 years after EP 3 so you can be part of the formation of the Rebellion.
>>
File: TFA Bingo Special Edition.png (52 KB, 792x746) Image search: [Google]
TFA Bingo Special Edition.png
52 KB, 792x746
>>43917777

>Don't we already have s /swg/ shitposting Bingo?

We do, but it's specifically about The Force Awakens.

It was pretty topical at the time (the buildup/fallout from the new trailer) but you'll be hard-pressed to find most of these in /swg/ now, except the odd "black people in MY Star Wars?!" faggot.

We could make a general one, but /swg/ shitpost memes kinda come and go. And even then the ones we have now aren't that varied. At most we really only have:

>T-70 bitching
>Kotor 2 was better
>Traviss Mandos
>None of it's canon!

Even the muh terrorists guy doesn't show up that often anymore.
>>
File: Wes Janson and Hobbie Klivian.jpg (149 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Wes Janson and Hobbie Klivian.jpg
149 KB, 640x480
>>43918720
>recast characters like Wedge and Luke
Depends on when you set it. It's perfectly possible to do a sequel trilogy-era Rogue story. Lawson and Hamill as our gruesome twosome, then fill the ranks out with the /swg/ dream cast. Hobbie and Wes' actor choices can be explained as bacta doing wonders for one's ageing and Janson being perpetually youthful in the old novels.

Throw in Poe as the new meat who graduates to form Blue Squadron for the Resistance.
>>
File: 1398733126917.jpg (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1398733126917.jpg
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>43918774
>For AoR, probably 10-15 years after EP 3 so you can be part of the formation of the Rebellion

Or between Ep4 and Ep5 - the rebellion is in hiding after Yavin, the Empire is resurging, and you have access to B-Wings and A-Wings
>>
I was just thinking, in Star Wars the Imperial Navy favors capital ships and doesn't expect much from snubfighters due to the experiences of the Clone Wars.

But then when the Clone Wars were written for the screen they just went and emulated the space fighter battles and made them even larger and more prominent.

I just wish the lore would be consistent.

Also wookiepedia scares me with those articles about ducks, water and breasts.
>>
>>43918753
I definitely don't disagree with that. And I'd be surprised if none of the Rogue One crew was a Legends character. But I doubt we'll ever see true adaptations of Legends stuff like how the MCU takes a lot of stuff from the comics. And I think Disney would rather have grognard apathy than having to guess what they would want, since really they just want all the normie money.
>>
>>43918817
That's probably the best time for an AoR game! The anon was asking for timing between III and IV.
>>
>>43917633
>Does Danger Zone go with anything fairly speedy and fighty?
it's too obvious.

It would be like playing "Fortunate Son" when flying an LAAT, it's just too on-the-nose.
>>
>>43918750
>>43918774
>>43918817
I have three players, one is confirmed for EotE. I think another will do EotE and one will do FaD. I was considering 10BBY.

One thing I wanted to do was show the Empire really start cracking down on the outer rim, like the death of the wild west. Stuff like Oversector Outer, Tarkin taking over as Grand Moff, Tarkin Doctrine, the Outer Rim Patrol Fleet, etc. but I asked yesterday and that was around 14BBY, four years earlier.
>>
File: 1445207723609.png (35 KB, 855x717) Image search: [Google]
1445207723609.png
35 KB, 855x717
>>43918830
>Imperial Navy favors capital ships and doesn't expect much from snubfighters

Imperial Navy is basically Royal Navy from WW2
>>
>>43918888
But the Royal Navy used biplanes to raid the Italian navy, and also used biplanes to cripple the Bismarck.
>>
>>43918790
I feel like that's too much Legends ephemera to really work well for a film. I don't want the movies to require understanding even canon tie-in stuff at all, let along decades old books. Those characters could be great though, just move them to the new timeline and ignore where they were in the old stuff.
>>
>>43918830

Clone Wars is big on ship-to-ship fights. Fighters might play some critical roles, but it seems like the capital ships play a much larger role.

Also, consider how few fighters were equipped with hyperdrives on their own in the Clone Wars. For the Rebellion, they could mount a strike with their fighter already deployed, jumping in with the capital ships. Clones had to jump a carrier in and deploy fighters, save for the occasional personal fighter with a hyperdrive or ring.
>>
>>43918888
>Royal Navy from WW2
With a heavy dash of IJN, since the OT dogfights were cribbed from Pacific War footage. TIE/LNs are pretty much Space Zeroes.
>>
>>43918885

Alternative suggestions?

>>43918922

They learned out of desperation.
>>
File: GenCassioTagge-ANH.png (627 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
GenCassioTagge-ANH.png
627 KB, 600x800
Speaking of Britbongs, I hope they do like the OT and stick a lot of Brits in as Imperial officers. Even just the briefing scene from ANH lent serious force of presence for the Empire, a feeling of it being a firmly established entity with an old, elite guard running it.
>>
>>43918886
>death of the wild west

This might provide interesting plot ideas
>>
>>43918960
>a feeling of it being a firmly established entity with an old, elite guard running it
Which is odd because it only existed for 20 years.
>>
>>43918830
in canon, during the clone wars once the republic got proper capital ships going they whupped the CIS fleet and it's fighter swarms like a rented mule, so the imps thought "more capital will slap everyone's shit EVEN HARDER"
>>
>>43918951
>They pioneered
You can hardly say the RN didn't appreciate air power since their raid inspired the IJN to attack Pearl Harbor, and they built the best carriers of WWII.
>>
>>43918886
Sounds like a pretty good time period for truly Dark Times! If you need some more ideas, check out The Force Unleashed sourcebook for Saga Edition, it does a pretty good job of explaining the status quo of the Dark Times. Force Unleashed is a bit of a bad word around these parts but the book fluff is more about the Dark Times in general than than the game specifically.
>>
>>43919004

>Which is odd because it only existed for 20 years.

Bear in mind the story was clearly written with the idea the Empire was A) much older than it apparently was and B) probably much smaller than it apparently was
>>
File: Admiral_Motti.png (411 KB, 410x546) Image search: [Google]
Admiral_Motti.png
411 KB, 410x546
>>43919004
Which is weirder because the dialogue from ANH made it seem like the Clone Wars had been like 40 years before. Even in the first Rogue Squadron book it's Corran Horn's GRANDFATHER that fought in it, when at his age with the new canon it should have been his father.
>>
>>43919051
maybe the horn family are just big fans of teenage pregnancy
>>
>>43919048
Smaller?
>>
>>43919051
>>43918960

The original clone wars time frame was 40-35 years before ANH, as given by Lucas to licensees.

He cut it in half when he did the Prequels for whatever reasons.
>>
>>43919051
>Clone Wars had been like 40 years before
Yeah, when Luke talked about Obi-Wan fighting in the Clone Wars I had always assumed he was a young man, 18-22, like when my grandpa went to Vietnam. Not a mid-40s guy.

>>43919090
It was so Luke and Leia could still be 19 after being born at the tail end of the Clone Wars.
>>
File: 1392265914093.jpg (161 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
1392265914093.jpg
161 KB, 1024x682
>>43919051
>you will never be a smug Imperial
>>
>>43919004
let me block those movies from memory, damn it
>>
>>43919090

Could have been neat to see the Clone Wars first, and then see Anakin fall afterwards, the Emperor taking advantage of a war-weary and weakened Republic.
>>
>>43919123
I actually thought the Episode III Plinkett review made a lot of good points about how the Clone Wars should have been done.
>>
>>43918925
>consider how few fighters were equipped with hyperdrives on their own in the Clone Wars
this is true, I really can't think of a fighter from that era that didn't need either a carrier or hyperdrive sled to travel between systems.

I think the light freighters were as small as hyperdrive-capable ships got during that time.
>>
>>43919116
>>43919123

>It was so Luke and Leia could still be 19 after being born at the tail end of the Clone Wars.

Exactly. The original timeline Lucas suggested was that the Clone Wars happened quite some time before the fall of the Jedi Knights as well. So Clone Wars > Palpatine rising to power > jedi purge over the course of the decade (?) following the war.
>>
File: 1444780468285.jpg (316 KB, 653x822) Image search: [Google]
1444780468285.jpg
316 KB, 653x822
>>43919073

You get the sense the Empire is comparatively large, but not the monolithic entity you see in EU stuff.

They clearly have their territory, but running any kind of interstellar government is hard so their reach could only go so far. Which is why they needed the Death Star. It's a lot easier to bully star systems around when you can dispense with diplomacy and just give them an ultimatum with that kind of gravity.

Tatooine isn't an Imperial world. They just showed up looking for those droids. They're clearly recognizable as one of the few expressions of law in the galaxy. Same thing with Bespin; people knew who they were and wanted no part of them being there. It's stuff like this that kept me from getting the impression the Empire actually *runs* the galaxy.

I think the best comparison I can make is by drawing parallels to how the US government technically owned the continent in the 1800s but their actual reach didn't extend much further than the Mississippi until quite some time after the Civil War.

Except until the Prequels where George shows us that yes, there is and can be a government that oversees most of the galaxy.
>>
>>43919051
Eh, Obi-Wan was said to have fought in the Clone Wars, as did Luke's father.

So if the Clone Wars really were forty years in the past, then it would have been twenty years before Luke was born. Luke's father would have had to have been at least as old as Obi-Wan, assuming both were in their late teens/early 20s. Becoming a father when you're ~40ish is relatively rare, though to be fair my dad was 37 when I was born.

>>43919157
I forget, did the ARC-170s need external hyperdrive generators? The laptop I'm on right now sucks, so I don't want to bother looking at the Wook.
>>
>>43919167
And Clone Wars, as in plural, made me think of the Punic Wars (for whatever reason). So I envisioned a series of ever riskier conflicts ending in the complete destruction of Space Carthage or whatever was a threat to the Old Republic.

Originally I thought it would be some alien civilization that used clones as soldiers, and maybe even human clones (for irony or something). And this sort of thing is what led to the rise of a vindictive human-centric Empire in opposition out of the ashes of the Old Republic.
>>
>>43919167
Don't forget that originally Lando was supposed to be a surviving clone as well.

>All those Billy Ds running around instead of Temura Morrisons
>>
>>43919123
>>43919167
On the one hand, I like the idea that Sheev foresaw the Clone Wars, manipulated the Republic into engaging the CIS, then over time subverted the political system Animal Farm style.

On the other hand I hate the idea of Sheev directly controlling both sides. I like that Order 66 was a sudden tragedy as opposed to a slow burn.
>>
>>43918923
>Those characters could be great though, just move them to the new timeline and ignore where they were in the old stuff.
A lot of the Rogue/Wraith characters were introduced during those novels and the EU then was still pretty young, so very little Legends-dependent baggage there. It would probably be trivial to lift the characters wholesale and drop them into new canon with only minor backstory tweaks. Hell, for most of them, you don't even need to worry about much backstory detail. Ooryl is just a scary bug man. Corran started out as just a former space cop. Erisi is "generic traitor girl #500."
>>
>>43919122
>>43919140

Go for the books. That's usually stock standard advice, but the authors genuinely put the life into those stories that weren't told in the movies.

Episode 1 gives us that emotional connection to Anakin; the book starts out with him crashing his first pod racer, dashing his hopes of ever getting off that sandy backwater and his life of slavery, and we see more of Obi-Wan and Gui-Gon's connection. But no author should ever be tasked with committing Gungan-speak to text.

Episode II gives us ALL the Separatists reasons for rebelling and just why everything is happening, as well as filling in a lot more plot we never got. The dialogue with Panda and Anakin is also touched up and given appropriate context.

Episode III gets Anakin SCARED AS FUCK. He sees a dying star and it just unsettles him; he didn't think stars could die. We get into his descent into evil and we're also given exactly what the movie was missing: the impact on the galaxy at large.
>>
>>43919192
I just always figured that since the galaxy is large the presence of the Empire extends where its guns do.

I've lived places in the continental US that you wouldn't know were part of the country if the post office didn't fly an American flag. Tatooine and Bespine strike me as similarly remote locales.
>>
>>43919216
It had its own internal hyperdrive, which is why it got to be a long range recon fighter.
>>
>>43919237
>Erisi is "generic traitor girl #500."
You mean
>generic political appeasement appointee who turns out to be the traitor
>>
>>43919217

Zahn extrapolated that the clone armies had been used against the Republic by somebody, though there was still a moratorium from Lucasfilm about exploring the event in the 90's. Basically I take it that this means that Lucas still didn't know if he was going to do the prequels and he didn't know exactly what the Clone Wars were about himself. There were some early mentions of cloning in Lucas' ideas ( >>43919228 ) and the notion that stormtroopers were clones which appeared in a 1980's interview, but nothing solid.

So Zahn did what he thought he could get away with with the Spaarti cylinders in Mount Tantiss and the clone madness. Correctly predicted the growth acceleration though.

And of course Dark Empire did... things... with clones.
>>
>>43919263
You mean
>Generic hot Stackpole political appeasement traitor girl #500 who the main character doesn't sleep wi-WAIT WHAT?!

To be fair, Corran not sleeping with her must have blown Stackpole's mind.
>>
Alright, /tg/, I've gifted myself an imperial Phantom for x-wing.

Give me some effective lists I could run with him, if you can.

All upgrade cards in the game are fair game.

I also have 2 TIEs, 2 TIE f/o, 2 interceptors, and a decimator.

Go!
>>
>>43919217
>Space Carthage using clones as stand ins for mercs
>the Old Republic transitioning into an empire
it fits
>>
>>43919255
I think questanon mentioned it a few threads back, but Emily Asher-Perrin over at tor.com is doing a re-watch of the six movies and reading the books at the same time, she just got done with the ANH novel.

>http://www.tor.com/tag/star-wars-rewatch/

>>43919315
>Correctly predicted the growth acceleration though.

I think it's pretty obvious that any war being fought with or by clones is going to require growth acceleration.

>>43919357
George did say that the Roman transition from Republic to Empire was one of his inspirations while writing the prequels.
>>
>>43919343
Let's be honest Mirax is definitely best girl in the Stackpole Rogue books, hell she's arguably best Star Waifu period.
>>
>>43919090
>He cut it in half when he did the prequels
Just like Obi-Wan cut his good friend Anakin in half.

P O E T R Y
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
>>43919347
veteran tactics is pretty required for phantoms to get the most out of the decloak.

dunno about now, but it used to pair well with the decimator as a good "hammer + scalpel" build
>>
File: rogue squadron bacta war colors.jpg (856 KB, 1050x976) Image search: [Google]
rogue squadron bacta war colors.jpg
856 KB, 1050x976
>>43919377
>best girl in the Stackpole Rogue books
>Isn't even front and center on the covers
T-65 is the real best girl there.
>>
About how much would it cost to get started with a decent Imperial force in X-Wing?
>>
>>43919377
Pulsar Skate in X-Wing when?

Large ship with CorSec X-Wing, please
>>
>>43919463
Wait, wait, I think we just discovered a new game.

>Mirax is X-wing
>Mara is E-wing because she is always getting sick and dieing

Who else is what?!
>>
>>43919452
PS isn't as big a deal with the decloak movement, low-PS Phantoms are totally viable.
>>
>>43919230

I find the idea that Sheev is manipulative as fuck to be interesting, but they went a bit overboard with it in Ep II-III and TCW, to the point where everyone else had to hold the idiot ball for a time to keep his secret.

How much did Dooku know of Sidious's plans? Did he know Sidious was Sheev? I've never seen that adressed in canon
>>
>>43919529
Callista is I-7 Howlrunner, because she's a piece of poodoo nobody wants.
>>
File: sandtroopers.jpg (115 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
sandtroopers.jpg
115 KB, 800x800
>>43919192
>Tatooine isn't an Imperial world. They just showed up looking for those droids. They're clearly recognizable as one of the few expressions of law in the galaxy.

This.

Which brings me to shoulder pauldrons.

They clearly symbolize rank, but it's also an outward notification to the populace that they're acting in a police function.

For stormtroopers deployed into combat it makes no sense to have them. Why would the Empire want to communicate rank to their enemies?
>>
File: mk 1 z95.jpg (267 KB, 864x485) Image search: [Google]
mk 1 z95.jpg
267 KB, 864x485
>>43919529
>Mara is E-wing
She's the Z-95, dude. She even had her own personal Headhunter. And it fits. Mara was tough, capable of working anywhere, a farmboy's dream girl, and still looked damn good and worked just fine despite her age.
>>
>>43919554
>That feel when you actually like the Howlrunner
>>
>>43919541
Legends-wise he definitely knew.
>>
>>43919506
Maybe $100? What sort of list are you thinking of?
>>
File: 1419311613570.jpg (246 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
1419311613570.jpg
246 KB, 1365x2048
>>43913983
>>
>>43919554

>not liking Callista

but why tho

She was sympathetic as fuck and would have had a good character arc if she hadn't been tossed aside for the Mara Jade masturbation society.
>>
>>43919541
Yes, he absolutely knew everything about the plan. It's addressed in TCW several times - including showing that he was the one who was in charge of ordering the Clones, and that he is Darth Tyrannus.

It's also alluded to him knowing the full extent of the plans in both AotC and RotS.
>>
>>43919376
I did, and I do absolutely agree with her about the Ep 1 novelization because I have it somewhere and I read it before the movie came out, as I recall.
Never read 2, but 3 was..... 3 is one of the best Star Wars books about and it's shameful that it's attached to the movie it is.

I'm waiting for ESB because after A New Hope's slightly.... off novelization, the rest become pretty much 'The Movie But With Some Extra Scenes'.
Also, the Jedi novel has the 'Owen was Obi-Wan's brother' thing.
>>
>>43919594
I'd like it a lot if it was more blatant about its inspiration, but yeah.
>>
>>43919260
I should point out that it was also massive for a fighter.
>>
>>43919541
He knew everything and thought that after Palps made his big move they would abolish the Rule of two and Anakin would be his apprentice instead of his replacement. At least in Legends.

>>43919556
To communicate rank to each other since they all look identical. Also the clones did this and it just carried over.

>>43919601
I don't know, maybe just a mix of TIEs? Really liking those red interceptors.
>>
>>43919343
I know, right?
I was actually straight shocked that he didn't
it's like his only subplot idea
watching him try to use it as much as he could in I,jedi considering the happily married protag is hilarious
>>
>>43919666
I've not actually read the novelizations for any of them except RotS, and that was well after the movie had come out. I do have the ANH novel sitting on my bedstand, though, waiting to be read.

But yes, her perspective is actually really interesting and I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone do a simultaneous watch and read of the Star Wars saga.

tor in general is actually pretty cool about the whole "let's re-watch/re-read a significant series and provide excellent commentary on it as we go" thing.
>>
>>43919709
Grab Imperial Aces and an Interceptor upgrade, pair with either core set. Run Soontir and whatever other pilots you want. Lambda shuttle is a price-effective pickup; a cheap shuttle with vader can be built right out of the box and is great for the value.
>>
>>43919685
Consider it rather like a Havoc or Mosquito from WWII, its a heavy multi-seat fighter meant for long range independent activities when everything else is either carrier based or short range.
>>
>>43919666
The ROTJ novelization also has the first mention in an official product of how Vader gained his injuries. The scene where Obi-Wan talks to Luke on Dagobah after Yoda dies is much longer and has Obi recount the final duel between him and Anakin on Mustafar (unnamed) and Anakin plummeting "Into a molten pit".

This idea was in place even before Lucas decided that Anakin and Vader were the same guy, even, as it appears in some of the early drafts of the SW script, as well as Lucas mentioning it in an interview from 1977 right after the movie came out
>>
>>43919796
>Havoc or Mosquito
Missing the real inspiration there, which is the Black Widow.
>>
File: Baudo Star Yacht.jpg (1 MB, 1920x3035) Image search: [Google]
Baudo Star Yacht.jpg
1 MB, 1920x3035
>>43919524

>Pulsar Skate

Which one?

I love this one, even if it seems to be the one that got left behind
>>
>>43919741
Which just makes I, Jedi just this shade of uncomfortable for me. Well, that and the memory of me making a fool of myself in middle school doing a dramatic reading of the first few pages for a book report.
>>43919751
The ANH novel is the Star Wars that never was, before Leia was Luke's sister so it's.... wow. It's very, I'll say that much. Then Splinter of the Mind's Eye is a direct sequel of that novel, but it's a dead-end alternate timeline. Don't believe anyone who tries to shoehorn it into the EU.

I like the rewatch stuff, I'm following the HP one and learning about stuff I never even saw when I read that series, at some point I'll delve into the Stargate rewatch so that I can pick up on the subtler themes of the show whenever I get off my ass and get working on my AU thing again.
I'm also following Sursum Ursa, who is doing a review/analysis of all six movies and she's done up to ESB and I am becoming more irate in waiting for her Jedi episode(s) to show up.
>>43919848
Well it's very mythic, and if Star Wars is anything, it's definitely a myth.
So the man who falls into fire and comes out changed (for the worse) is not a new element. Like in the TOR look at RotS, Anakin isn't really Vader 'until he can look at his best friend and say "I hate you"'. After that point, he's Darth Vader. After that point, he's more machine now than man. After the fire burned away Anakin Skywalker, all that was left was hate.
At least, that's what Obi-Wan believes
>>
>>43919647
>great character
No.
She COULD have been a great character if they'd actually done anything interesting with her. Instead she was just kinda... there. Never really did anything just kinda existed.
>>
File: 1440704236410.jpg (50 KB, 414x499) Image search: [Google]
1440704236410.jpg
50 KB, 414x499
>>43919603

>no pantsu
>>
File: baudo.jpg (80 KB, 545x328) Image search: [Google]
baudo.jpg
80 KB, 545x328
>>43919929
The one that actually looks like the book description instead of kinky jackhammer-on-vacuum-cleaner sex.
>>
>>43919860

Forgive the failings of your humble servant.
>>
>>43919973
Also, didn't Callista's mind take over the body of one of Luke's students? That whole bit was creepy as fuck.
>>
File: Corran-Ruin.jpg (159 KB, 318x491) Image search: [Google]
Corran-Ruin.jpg
159 KB, 318x491
>>43919958
>I, Jedi

I loved I, Jedi, and I get the thought that most people dislike it because of Corran Horn\Marty Stue, and that he's incredibly critical of Luke - and that Luke looks like an absolute moron through most of the book.

But I like that, because it makes a really good point - Luke got a shitty condensed Jedi Training just so he could be a weapon against his dad - and somehow Luke thinks he knows what Jedi are because of it.

But I can see how that would trigger people.

I still love it though.
>>
>>43919958

Lucas always did like his Joseph Campbell.

I like to think that Obi told himself that so he wouldn't feel bad for leaving Anakin to burn alive on Mustafar. That's some stone cold shit there.
>>
File: Baudo-class_star_yacht.jpg (102 KB, 828x926) Image search: [Google]
Baudo-class_star_yacht.jpg
102 KB, 828x926
>>43920012

It doesn't look star wars to me

But its still cool looking - I just hate "new things overwriting old things, when the old things were better"
>>
>>43920039
Honestly, you can't even blame Stackpole for Luke's retarded decisions im the first half of the book. It pretty much all comes straight out of the JAT (which was terrible).
>>
>>43919958
>The ANH novel is the Star Wars that never was, before Leia was Luke's sister so it's.... wow. It's very, I'll say that much. Then Splinter of the Mind's Eye is a direct sequel of that novel, but it's a dead-end alternate timeline. Don't believe anyone who tries to shoehorn it into the EU.

Oh definitely. I remember reading Splinters as a kid and even then I was all "what the fuck is this about, I don't even"

>I like the rewatch stuff

I need to start re-reading WoT and get into the re-read they have going there.

>I'm also following Sursum Ursa, who is doing a review/analysis of all six movies and she's done up to ESB and I am becoming more irate in waiting for her Jedi episode(s) to show up.

Currently reading Ryan Britt's Star Wars stuff. Interesting, but the comments are only slightly higher level than Yahoo-tier.
>>
>>43920026
No no, it's fine anon.
She was suicidal and she wanted to die, so that makes it alright.
She 'lost the will to live'
>>43920039
Oh, I never said I don't like it. The Jedi Academy fix-fic is great. It's "I'm looking for my wife and my dilemma is whether or not to bang this hot jailbait using my creepy-ass thirty-some dick" white-people-problems thing that I find uncomfortable.
It's like, dude. What is she, like twelve? Where are her parents?
>>
>>43920074
I like that the Baudo cockpit section has continuity with the GX-1's. The Pulsar Accident version just seems jumbly. and like it has a really odd thrust line.
>>
>>43920026

She was some Clone Wars era Jedi who went to the Eye of Palpatine and froze it by using ::JEDI MAGIC:: to put her spirit into the computer system, IIRC.

Then some decades later Luke and his students came along, both students died in the fight to destroy the Eye and Callista put herself into the chick's body.

Don't quote me on that, it's been ages since I read Children of the Jedi.
>>
>>43918951
>Alternative suggestions?
go classic

like "binary sunset" "battle of Endor" "final battle"-

Really just ANYTHING composed by John Williams.
>>
>>43920132
>No no, it's fine anon.
>She was suicidal and she wanted to die, so that makes it alright.

At least Callista wasn't Padme. Imagine how awkward that would have been for Luke.

>My mom is now inhabiting my hot young student
>>
File: Corran_Horn_EA.jpg (673 KB, 641x900) Image search: [Google]
Corran_Horn_EA.jpg
673 KB, 641x900
>>43920132

Ar you referring to the plot point where "18 year old pirate queen wants Corran's dick because he just brutally beat her favorite fuck toy nearly to death"?

That whole section was basically Corran coming to realize that he has the power to take over this whole pirate force and put everyone in its place, but thats evil, thats dark side, and he finally realizes it.

The weirder part for me was the "almost implied" scene where Corran was thinking of trying to get Tionne in bed
>>
>>43920143

That's music for scenes with X-Wings and dogfights. I'm talking about what a pilot would listen to.
>>
>>43920354
Kenny Loggins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjhJmVsvzws
>>
File: LukeVsDarthVader.webm (3 MB, 1600x680) Image search: [Google]
LukeVsDarthVader.webm
3 MB, 1600x680
http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v3!s!135:134,-1,128:-1:-1:;112:98,-1,-1:-1:-1:;116:18,-1,-1,38,-1,108:1:3:U.-1

I asked last thread but never got any feedback

I want to use some underused scum aces
>>
>>43920354
>what a pilot would listen to
Depends.
Are they an Epicanthix?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY2jwnDyURo
Corellian?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E
Mando?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6giM9UAv0
>>
>>43919377
She's decent, but the fact remains that she's still one of the Standard Stackpole Waifus and not a ton more of a character
>>
>you are now imagining a cheesy '80s action movie starring Hal Horn
>>
>>43920575
Probably helps that I haven't read any of Stackpole's non-Star Wars stuff.
>>
>>43920110
>Ryan Britt
Oh yeah, he was the one who wrote that article about how Star Wars inhabitants are probably illiterate. I don't quite agree with that, at least in the events of the OT we never get a glimpse of anyone having real down-time. PT has none for a different reason
Oh lord, and he wrote a book called "Luke Skywalker Can't Read And Other Geeky Truths".
>>43920256
>Ar you referring to the plot point where "18 year old pirate queen wants Corran's dick because he just brutally beat her favorite fuck toy nearly to death"?
Yes, I am referring to the plot point where Michael A. Stackpo-I mean Corran Horn decides he wants some of that barely-legal teen action because she's some Super Seductress or some shit.
>The weirder part for me was the "almost implied" scene where Corran was thinking of trying to get Tionne in bed
..... I actually forgot about that, but it actually happens. It's actually right here. Page 155, Corran 'resisting' the urge to hit on a grieving woman. Jesus fuck.
>>43920354
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKsN5cj9ehs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgox84KE7iY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynx26LJ1YC4
>>
>>43920595
You should read some of his battletech stuff. You goan have a time
>>
>>43920354
If the pilot is Wes Janson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEi9WB18vwE

If you're from Adumar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80XAJKqRU9k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK9Y_8GN2h0

If you're an A-wing pilot (or a certain TIE Punisher pilot):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNrjtYd_BsM

And if you fly Phantoms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaQ5jZANSe8
>>
>>43920605
Or how about the part where he gets his teammates to GTFO by making everyone think that he's banging them?
>>
>>43920399
>>43920424
>>43920605
>>43920647

I need to make a playlist for X-Wing games.
>>
>>43920659
Which is.... interesting, considering how he promises to treat that one lady better than what's his ass.
>>
File: TaviraDesk-MQ2.jpg (571 KB, 627x814) Image search: [Google]
TaviraDesk-MQ2.jpg
571 KB, 627x814
>>43920605
>Jesus fuck

Yeah, THAT was weird.

the other part made sense. It was a mix of "NOW I know what the dark side is" and "ive been undercover for so long I dont know who i am anymore"

>>43920659
literally what? In what book was that?
>>
>>43920354
>the following is a holo put together at the final X-Wing Fling, a yearly event held by New Republic X-Wing squadrons
>the X-Wing Fling holos consisted of footage taken by each of the squadrons throughout the year, set to popular music
>this was the last such holo, as later that same year the T-65 was retired (albeit temporarily) in favor of the newer FreiTek E-Wing Escort Starfighter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCmEFrWDAUY
>there has been talk among the older veterans who remember the X-Wing Flings of starting the tradition back up now that the XJ series have begun to replace the E-Wing (and there was much rejoicing)
>>
File: Therefore, I am Commisar 2.jpg (628 KB, 648x3000) Image search: [Google]
Therefore, I am Commisar 2.jpg
628 KB, 648x3000
>>43920670

Should also get a pair of RayBans. And maybe a hat.
>>
>>43920690
The same fucking book. It's in I, Jedi.
I never thought about the scene with Tionne in that sense, but I guess I was just wasn't reading so closely.
It's just Tavira is like twelve and I think anyone like Corran is SUPPOSED to be (ego aside) should probably be "Listen, I'm flattered. But seriously, where are your parents?"
That comic panel isn't helping that impression, either.
>>
File: Top Nep.png (401 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
Top Nep.png
401 KB, 500x708
>>43920756
>needing more than one hat declaring you top
>>
>>43920690
It was in I, jedi. Remember his pirate pilot pals?
>>
>>43920684
I mean, he isn't constantly attempting to molest her, so he IS still an improvement
But yeah, it's bad
>>
>>43920783

Tavira is 18, ish. Earlier in the book, during the informal briefing, it was mentioned she seduced a moff at 15, and then stole his star destroyer (hahaha literally what?) - apparently she also appeared in the X-Wing Comics, which is where that comes from - she was like 15 then.

>>43920797
I do not remember that - Only thing I remember was Corran teaching his pirate misfit squadron how to be lawful good "lets use ion cannons on everything" fighter paladins
>>
File: The Boulder Feels Conflicted.png (141 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
The Boulder Feels Conflicted.png
141 KB, 333x250
>>43920721
>mfw I realize that the Tomcatters don't fly Tomcats anymore, but are still CALLED the Tomcatters
>>
>>43920878
>>43920846
The older I get, the more uncomfortable I am with the things I like. I, Jedi, Redemption of Althalus, Narnia, early seasons of Stargate....(and late seasons of Stargate, let's be honest)
>>
File: 1350412955603.png (7 KB, 152x160) Image search: [Google]
1350412955603.png
7 KB, 152x160
>>43920890
>mfw there's never going to be a plane as cool as the tomcat
>>
>>43920878

It's good convincing. Pirates who kill people more often will be fought back against, because there is no recourse. Pirates who disable your defenses and leave you alive have a better chance of having their prey surrender without a fight.

Actually, you see that a lot in real life. We all know about Somali pirates, and the fact that they kill quite often has had a lot of backlash, getting international forces involved in fighting back. Indonesia has a larger pirate problem, but they almost never kill. They show up, detain the crew firmly but nonviolently, siphon some spare gas out of the ship, and shove off. Shipping company chalks it up as "spillage" and doesn't complain so long as goods keep moving and crew stays safe.
>>
File: f-104 maximum dorito.png (123 KB, 768x362) Image search: [Google]
f-104 maximum dorito.png
123 KB, 768x362
>>43921078
That's where you're wrong, chummer. Behold.
>>
>>43921101
don't meme on me
>>
File: VF-0 Phoenix in a climb.jpg (469 KB, 650x800) Image search: [Google]
VF-0 Phoenix in a climb.jpg
469 KB, 650x800
>>43921078
Until some crazy bastard actually builds Valkyries, anyways.
>>
File: 1399000294626.jpg (24 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1399000294626.jpg
24 KB, 800x600
>>43921048

When it comes to star wars, the only thing I feel conflicted about is RepComm.

I love it, loved it, read it all multiple times. I laughed, I cried, I raged when it came to light that it would never be finished.

And yet, everyone says RepComm and Traviss are absolute shit, and that anyone who likes either is also absolute shit. I've fought against this for years.

And I constantly wonder....

Am I really on the wrong side?
>>
>>43920890
It's sad but true.
>TFW Iran has the only tomcats still in service and the only tomcat aces ever
>>
File: F-15C.jpg (78 KB, 1548x864) Image search: [Google]
F-15C.jpg
78 KB, 1548x864
>>43921119
Seriously, though, I'd say the A-10, F-15, and F-4 are as cool as the Tomcat.
>>
>>43921161

The first couple RepComm are really good.

The latter RepComm... eh... Traviss gets a little preachy. The quality of her writing trends down over time, probably as sales rise and people telling her to write more operating and less politics goes down.
>>
>>43921148
veritech fighters are just tomcats-but-also-mechs, confirming that the tomcat can not actually be surpassed on pure plane alone, even in the space future
>>
>>43921078
As a canadian, I'm legally obligated to suggest that the Arrow is up there
>>
>>43918785
Don't forget.

>Orange buttcheeks
>>
>>43921161
The first couple books are pretty good.
Order 66 is still decent, but shows the signs of Traviss' growing crazy.
501st is "meh" at best, coming after she's gone full crazybitch, and isn't helped by being tainted by just how godawful her LotF stuff was.
But the reasons people hate Traviss are twofold.
For one thing, she is an absolutely HORRIBLE person, and it only got worse as her fanbase grew. And the other is that her contributions to Legacy of the Force were some of the worst parts of an already painfully bad series.
>>43921244
>veritech
I'm gonna let you being a filthy subhuman go, to maintain civility in this thread.
>>
>>43921250
planes sabotaged by communist spies and were never built don't get to have opinions
>>
>>43921244
>veritech
It's "Variable fighter" you disgusting waste of life!
>>
>>43921294
It's a cooler name than VF-1 Valkyrie, even if robuttech was terrible in comparison. Also it presses the buttons of the purists
>>
Entire party is clawdites, wat do?

>>43921308
Veritech variable fighter
>>
>>43921294
>but shows the signs of Traviss' growing crazy.
>For one thing, she is an absolutely HORRIBLE person,
for the lone person on this thread who has absolutely no idea who Traviss actually is beyond the inference that they are a star wars writer, would you kindly explain in further detail what you are talking about?
>>
>>43921323
But it's NOT cooler.
"Veritech" isn't even a god damned word!
I honestly don't mind the changes of character names, or the stuff added to tie the three shows together. Macek didn't have a choice there. But you're seriously going to rename the fighter from something that sounds like an actual aircraft name, to some made up nonsense word!
WHY?!
And besides, that's not even a VF-1! It's a VF-0 Phoenix! Valkyrie is just used as a catch-all term for Variable Fighters in-universe due to the Valkyrie being the first to see mass production (the Phoenix was a prototype/proof-of-concept model actually built from existing Tomcats), much like how people just call nasal tissue "kleenex".
>>
>>43921388
someone needs a Band Aid (R)
>>
>>43921388
>But it's NOT cooler.
YOU'RE not cooler, dweeboid.
>>
>>43921352
>Entire party is clawdites
Find Jem'hadar, attain godhood.
>>
>>43921323
but anon, they are called VF Valkyries in robo technological fallacies anways
>>
Robotech is a bad show but an excellent RPG setting, if a bit bleak
>>
>>43921450
did they? I only remember veritech

then again I haven't seen robocrossfit in a very long time
>>
>>43921567
Yep, they are the VF-1 Valkyrie Veritech Fighter
>>
>>43921161
>>43921231
>>43921294
to be clear. the repcomm books didnt even touch on the characters from the game right? the book characters are separate from the game ones?
>>
File: max & miriya 4.jpg (114 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
max & miriya 4.jpg
114 KB, 1024x768
>>43921486
too bad Palladium cant write rules for shit

are we getting off topic?
>>
>>43921602
First book is a separate set of characters.
Delta Squad become supporting characters from Triple Zero onwards.
Hard Contact, Triple Zero, and True Colors are actually not a bad trilogy of books.
It's everything else she's written, and her antics when dealing with criticism (she doesn't take having people disagree with her well) that are to blame for her being so hated.
>>
>>43918716
>>43918756
>Hurt Locker
>It won best picture

That movie made me very... very annoyed.
Which kind of sucks because she's capable of making good movies, but as former military the behaviour and bullshit that went on was just too unbelievable. Bomb techs are really only surpassed by clearance divers for being fucking mad cunts, but never met any that where not extremely disciplined.
>>
>>43921628
Men. They worked decent-ISH for robotech, though it did get a bit wonkey in the SC/Invid Invasion era
>>
>>43920632
To be fair, the Warrior Trilogy were the first novels Stackpole was ever hired to write, and it shows. (Oh, Lord, does it, especially in his 'dialogue'.) He got better as time went on, but considering that his earlier, less-polished works were some of the foundations of the BT universe in a lot of readers' minds...
>>
>>43920670
don't forget to share
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.