[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horus Heresy General: Psychic Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: vM6BhwW.png (138 KB, 470x324) Image search: [Google]
vM6BhwW.png
138 KB, 470x324
> Available rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS

It's finally happening
>>
>tfw my Orks draw a bead on the Spartan full of Firedrakes and Vulkan turn 1
>tfw BS2 actually hits for once
>tfw I realize lifta-droppas don't work on Spartans
>tfw the Gaze of Mork also hits
>tfw rolling a 6 on the D table
I guess Great Crusade Orks were better gunners.
>>
>>43909785
>being proud your overpowered bullshit wins
ISHYGDDT
>>
Finally a glimpse of FW Thousand Sons.
>Friendly remider that Magnus did everything wrong and his legion had to suffer for it.
>>
File: thasandsuns.gif (644 KB, 470x324) Image search: [Google]
thasandsuns.gif
644 KB, 470x324
>>43910168
>>
>>43910168
To be fair, his Legion was basically a disaster waiting to happen anyway. Borderline mutant sorcerers are pretty much a walking INSERT CHAOS COCK HERE sign.
>>
File: yes...YES.jpg (99 KB, 414x446) Image search: [Google]
yes...YES.jpg
99 KB, 414x446
I already swore allegiance to the Lord of Iron for 30k, but these Thousand Sons will make an excellent addition to my warband.
>>
>>43910181
I'm calling this a Rubric Marine remembers how and who's responsible for his current state.
>>
I'm hooked. HH here I come.

I just hope Magnus is balls to the walls insanely powerful. Psyker Lvl 4 would be a straight up insult considering he was meant to sit on the Throne forever and it disintegrated Malcador in a day..

Malcador should be a Lvl 6 Psyker, Magnus Lvl9(heh) and the Emperor Lvl 10.
Eldrad could be an 8 or 9th Lvl as well.
>>
>>43909654
AT LAST IT'S kinda plain to be honest but the helmet is pretty baller
>>
>>43910358
>Malcador should be a Lvl 6 Psyker, Magnus Lvl9(heh) and the Emperor Lvl 10.
>Eldrad could be an 8 or 9th Lvl as well.
No.

Just... no.
>>
>>43910378
Tigurius should be level 11 and the Swarmlord level 4.
>>
>>43910358
I prefer the idea of something like Be'Lakor has in 40k, where he knows all the powers of a given discipline, plus Ahriman 40k's ability to fire multiple witchfires a turn. Maybe make him ML5 or 6, and know all the Thousand Sons discipline spells? Depending on how extensive the 1KSons disciplines are, he could also be made to manifest on a 3+. That way he's good to decent unsupported, and fairly powerful with a decent network of psychic support. The big problem is that, like Lorgar and Be'lakor, the second Invisibility comes into play the balance of power on the board shifts dramatically.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (322 KB, 1025x670) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
322 KB, 1025x670
>>43910368
The art of the thousand sons wasn't too ornate either in the Visions books either, but still very stricking.
Looks like they got the details spot on if I'm honest.
>>
>>43910556
Yeah, I was about to ask why we don't appear to have Visions in the MEGA. Anyone got a scan?
>>
File: exterminate.jpg (228 KB, 1380x639) Image search: [Google]
exterminate.jpg
228 KB, 1380x639
Will FW give 30k SW Exterminators?

If not, how much of a faux pas would it be to field them as predators (autocannon turret, HB sponsons, pintle HB on hull mount)?
>>
>>43910618
I had thought there was only a scan of the first book.
>>
>>43910634
I haven't really played 40k since 3rd/4th ed, did they really remove the Leman Russ from the SW codex? Why!
>>
>>43910398
SKREEEEEEEE
>>
>>43910618
I have all 4 books, but no digital copies, and they'd be a total pain to scan, as they're considerably larger than A4.
>>
>>43910767
Under the logic that it didn't really make sense to have an Imperial Guard vehicle in a Space Marine codex purely because it shared the name of their Primarch, IIRC. You can easily get one back into your army by taking a small detachment of IG allies anyway.
>>
>>43910806
But it did make sense to give them wolves to ride on, alien icicles, Mr. Freeze guns and assault rams that have to fly close to the ground.
>>
>>43910901
we can still go deeper

peak wolf is when we have an actual wolf riding another wolf
>>
>>43910928
Can a lord with Mark of the Wulfen buy a Thunderwolf?
>>
>>43910901
There are no wolves on Fenris.

Only the most radical group of yiffers the galaxy has - and will - ever see.
>>
>>43910556
To be honest I was kinda hoping for iron armor rather thank maximus
>>
R8 my list /tg/:

Death Guard, Reaping (1995 pts)

HQ

>Durak Rask - 165 pts

Elites

>Grav-Rapier - 75 pts

>Grav-Rapier - 75 pts

>Grav-Rapier - 75 pts

Troops

>Tac Squad (1)
>20 x Marines, 20 x CCw, Rad grenades, Artificer, Power Axe - 310 pts

>Tac Squad (2)
>20 x Marines, 20 x CCw, Rad grenades, Artificer, Power Axe - 310 pts

>Heavy Squad (1)
>8 x Marines, 8 x missile launchers, Augury scanner, Hardened armour - 265 pts

>Heavy Squad (2)
>8 x Marines, 8 x missile launchers, Augury scanner, Hardened armour - 265 pts

>Heavy Squad (3)
>6 x Marines, 6 x Las Cannons, Augury scanner, Hardened armour - 300 pts

Heavy

>Medusa (Phosphex shells) - 155pts

General thoughts were to push as many power armoured bodies onto the board as possible while making it as hard for the enemy to move as possible. Rask goes in the las squad so they get tank hunter/wrecker, the rest of the heavies deploy around him to benefit from his "Art of Destruction" re-roll and to create a death zone for deep strikers with all those Augury scanners and heavy weapons, troop blobs foot slog onto any convenient objectives or body block for the heavies where necessary, while the grav-rapiers and Medusa make terrain left right and center.

Problems I see are that Rask and company could get squashed by artillery/super heavies (I have nightmares about a Typhon deleting the entire back line), I don't have any dedicated close combat ability (termies, vets and the like), and I don't have any real anti-air, though I could cut out the Hardened on two squads and give one flakk missiles.
>>
>>43910928
>calling that deep

No, anon. You take a Stormwolf. You put a Thunderwolf into it. You put a Wulfen riding the Thunderwolf. And then a Fenrisian Wolf riding on the Wulfen's back.
>>
>>43911043
no, cut out the middle man

I want a unit of wolves riding slightly larger wolves. The wolf wolves.
>>
>>43911040
Iron would have been lovely (and who knows what they're still planning), but using Maximum makes sense given the existence of the BoC box.

Now, if only BoC has been another pattern of armour...
>>
File: wolfery.png (513 KB, 873x765) Image search: [Google]
wolfery.png
513 KB, 873x765
>>43911043
>>43911090
>Permanently banned from setting foot on Mars
>>
>>43910358
What I'd prefer is if he had his own Psychic table but was only ML4 or 5 and his Psychic table has a bunch of incredibly undercosted witchfire powers and 1 really strong Warp-charge 5 power or something.
>>
File: wolfmobile.png (435 KB, 873x765) Image search: [Google]
wolfmobile.png
435 KB, 873x765
>>43911179
holy shit, it doesnt fly low because it was never intended to fly
it runs across the ground
>>
>>43911179
>>43911208
Wonder if they're gonna rework the flyer into 30k for SW.
>>
>>43911236
30k Space Wolf special ability: when you buy a Caestus Assault Ram, you can split it into two smaller flyers.
>>
2.5k Salamanders + Hummie friends list using the Salamanders rite of war.

HQ:

- Chaplain Nomus Rhy'than - 215 points

Elites:

- Legion Mortis Dreadnought, 2 multi-meltas - 125 points

- Legion Mortis Dreadnought, 2 multi-meltas - 125 points

Troops:

2 x 10 Legion Tacticals, Melta Bombs on sarge, Rhino w/ Heavy Flamer - 410 points

Lord of War:

Vulkan - 425 points (warlord)
>5 Legion Chosen, 5 Powerfists, Land Raider Phobos transport (no upgrades) - 465 points

Allied detatchment - Solar Auxilia

HQ:

- Legate Commander, stock - 45 points

Troops:

Infantry Terico - 3 Lasrifle Sections, all with Blast Chargers - 375 points

Infantry Terico - 1 Veternis Storm Section, Volkite Chargers, Powerfist on Sarge - 130 points
>Dracosan Armoured Transport, Demolisher Cannon, Flare Shield - 185 points

What do you guys think?

The two forces don't have a lot of direct synergy but the auxilia compensates for the low model count of the Salamanders.
>>
>>43911255
That would actually be pretty fun to do, messy, but fun.
>>
>>43910288
>that feeling when iron warriors got those shitty torsos
>>
>>43910162
>Orks
>Overpowered
Pick one.
>>
What army is the funnest to play in 30k ruleswise?

By funnest I mean less fun gimmicks that can get boring quickly and more cool tactics that make each game different.

Also, the armies as a whole, so Primarchs can be a factor.
>>
Whats the most efficient way to run a bunch of normal dreads? dual Autocannons/lascannons or the simple loadout it was given?
>>
>>43911613
Double Volkite Culverins is pretty scary, maybe havoc launchers as well
>>
>>43911613
Depends what you need them to do. I run them cheap. I have a double multi-melta and a multi-melta + fist/melta. Give them jobs that dont require expensive upgrades.
>>
I'm at the last stretches of choosing a legion i like, but my god is it close. Alpha legion and Death Guard are tied at the moment. Love the alpha's tactics and fluff, but I adore the color scheme and army theme of the Death Guard. Plus, I can use death guard marines as stand in MoN marines or Plague Marines in 40k. I grabbed Betrayal at Calth because I'm like every other new 30k player at the moment, and the abundance of mkIV is pushing me towards alpha. Help me choooooose.
>>
>>43911525
Depends, really. If you don't mind buying a shitload of different models, I'd probably say Imperialis Militia since it facilitates so many different playstyles. Then again, that's borderline cheating since it's essentially just a shitload of different armies all smashed together.

Other than that, they're all pretty much fun and strategic. Since 30k doesn't have as much in terms of formation/detachment/D weapons on regular units bullshit, while making stuff like Fearless/Stubborn/And They Shall Know No Fear rare and/or cost a premium, a lot more strategies are actually viable because two thirds of the armies don't have blanket immunity to a lot of effects. But really, it's all subjective depending on what you consider "cool tactics".
>>
File: turkey_160.gif (279 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
turkey_160.gif
279 KB, 160x160
Hey guys, new to 30k here. I'm REALLY interested in getting Betrayal at Calth.

I've always loved the Salamanders and I'm interested in expanding my current 40k army with the BAC set, but I want to start a 30k army as well.

What kind of units should I take for a Salamanders 40k force? Other than the Primarch and He'Stan, of course.
>>
>>43911898
Check out their Firedrakes and Pyroclasts
>>
File: cataphractii_DG-GraveWarden.jpg (379 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
cataphractii_DG-GraveWarden.jpg
379 KB, 707x1000
>>43911748
>Love the alpha's tactics and fluff, but I adore the color scheme and army theme of the Death Guard.
Remember that the Alpha Legion can steal special units from other legions and use them as an elites choice. Even if you play an AL army there is absolutely nothing stopping you from picking up some Grave Wardens or Deathshroud.
>>
>>43911748
Both
Allies are a thing, and with 2 HQs and 3 Troops it's perfect
>>
>>43911898
Depends on if you want to use their Rite of War or not.

Vehicles can do well as they can give all Vehicles a 5++ against Plasma & melta and some other stuff.

They have the same mastercrafted melta business that their IC in 40k gives.

They are one of the only armies with Storm Shields and also have the most access to EW so they can do hero-hammer pretty well.

In-fact I'd probably go as far as saying they have the best Praetors in the game.
>>
what to do with veletaris storm sections? is it better to go gunning or better to go axing? rotor cannons dont seem as useful given so many +T4 models
>>
are iron havocs with missile launchers good?
>>
I'm not strong on the fluff, do people reckon Thousand Sons will be Sworn Brothers with Imperial Army?

>>43913711
Taking them stock and putting them in Dracosan's with Demolisher cannons is best.

Axe's are ok but they are more expensive and have no assault transport outside of LoW.
>>
>>43913491
But the ROW for the Salamanders seems very limiting
>>
>>43913830
>Thousand Sons will be Sworn Brothers with Imperial Army?

Cults and Militias army list? Sure, if Im not mistaken 1ksons had their own small army of mortals that aided them so that army list can easily represent that.
>>
AB mentioned that Sons would likely have a militia provenance to represent the Spireguard, and that would be Battle Brothers with them. Other than that Sons have no BB.
>>
>>43913948
Didn't Magnus have good relations with some of his brothers?
>>
>>43914211
Lorgar was pretty buddy buddy with Magnus in the novels.
>>
>>43914211
perturabo I think
>>
>>43914535
But yeah, according to the FW book, the T-Sons don't get any sworm brothers. Best they get is Fellow Warriors.
>>
File: lorgar transfigured.jpg (96 KB, 1024x709) Image search: [Google]
lorgar transfigured.jpg
96 KB, 1024x709
Pic related for Lorgar Transfigured?

I think he'd look pretty cool with some mutation along with Gal 'Vorbak
>>
File: Daemon_Primarch_Lorgar_1.jpg (71 KB, 250x665) Image search: [Google]
Daemon_Primarch_Lorgar_1.jpg
71 KB, 250x665
>>43914535
>>43914539
>>43914563
No one likes the legion but the Primarch is liked? Magnus, teach your kids manners.
>>43914600
That looks like some of his art.
>>
High hopes for the FW Thousand Sons sculpts and rules.
>>
Can I run Vulkan on his own?

The special armour rules seem a bit meh unless he has majority toughness 7.
>>
how autistic would it be if there was a 30k role play and each type of power armor had different stats

and then you have min max players create the best combination of power armor
>>
>>43913882
Yeah the imperial guard serving along TS was called Spireguard
>>
>>43916405

Well, Mk III would have the best protection, Mk VI would hacve the best sighting and detection gear, and Mk II you can't turn your head in.
>>
>>43914600
Has anybody made a helmed conversion of Lorgar yet? If I recall correctly Lorgar was one of the few Primarchs to wear a helmet frequently.

I kind of suck at painting faces, so it would be nice to have a reference.
>>
>>43916407

Several legions had Imperial Army Auxilia drawn from their homeworlds, such as the Calibanian Jaegers, Selukid Thorakites, Fenrisian Aettguard and Sparatoi.
>>
>>43910295
That's Magnus though, not Ahriman.

If anything, it'd be a highly mutated, rapidly degenerating TS Marine who is remembering how Magnus screwed him right before getting double screwed by Ahriman.
>>
>>43916133
In-fact, just to clarify how his rules work.

If I put him at the front of a command squad, the rule for his armour would reduce the strength of Plasma, Volkite and Melta weaponry by half, which would then wound on majority toughness 4, correct?
>>
>>43916498
Didn't Eliphas have some of Lorgar's gear? That's what he's called the Inheritor right? I checked and one of his wargear is Lorgar's helmet.
>>43916634
I've seen a pre-Heresy Ahzek in it.
>>
>>43912581
>>43912882
By god that might just work. I'll have the termies and a tac squad as death guard and the rest alpha. grabbed one BaC and a friend grabbed me another as a gift. 10 Death Guard Termies, 20 Tacs, and chaplain, and the rest alpha legion should work nicely
>>
Hm. Does this look suitably well-rounded? For a Thunderhammer death ball list, I mean.

2480/2500, Covenant of Fire

Praetor: Cataphract, Mantle of the Elder Drake, Master-crafted Thunderhammer

4x Firedrakes: 3x Storm Shield, 1x Heavy Flamer, 4x Thunderhammer
Firedrake Master: Storm Shield, Master-crafted Thunderhammer

Spartan Assault Tank: Armored Ceramite, Flare Shield

---

9x Tactical Marines: Vexilia, Rhino
Sergeant: Artificer Armor, Master-crafted Power Weapon

9x Tactical Marines: Vexilia, Rhino
Sergeant: Artificer Armor, Master-crafted Power Weapon

9x Pyroclast: Melta Bombs, Land Raider Proteus
Pyroclast Warden: Master-crafted Power Fist

---

Contemptor-Mortis: Multi-Melta

Contemptor-Mortis: Multi-Melta

---

Sicaran Battle Tank

Venator Tank Destroyer
>>
>>43916498
I seem to remember a rumor of forgeworld making helmets for all their primarchs, since most of them had one of some description.

Most notably russ, whose helmet is on Ulfrik the Slayer.
>>
>>43916405

Deathwatch actually has this
>>
Do Blood Angels have rules yet?
>>
>>43917180

Next book, so February next year.
>>
>>43910295
Tzeentch? The Emperor? Russ? Magnus? Horus?

Surely you don't mean Ahriman, the one that did his best to save them from the damnation the Emperor and Magnus had left them with.
>>
File: Angry midget.png (148 KB, 500x575) Image search: [Google]
Angry midget.png
148 KB, 500x575
>>43917203
It could be worse.
>>
>>43917250

Yes, be a Thousand Sons person like me. It's taken this long to get anything official, and even then It'll be late next year before we get our book and rules, if it isn't delayed again.
>>
>>43916802
>NO Dragon Scale Pattern Storm Shields.
>NO DSPSS on the Praetor.
>Using a Spartan to carry 6 men.
Why.
>>
>>43914600
>Why are you guys looking at me like that?
>>
Speaking of Blood Angels, they were just called the 9th Legion before Sanguinius was found, right?
>>
>>43917310
No, they were called "Beautiful".
>>
>>43917306

The "storm shields" are all clearly dragon scale pattern storm shields, don't be a twat.
>>
>>43917354
I think he means on the Praetor
>>
>>43917354
Still missing one for the Praetor which there's points for.

Still using a spartan to ferry a 6 man squad.

Pair of Comptemtors with 1 MM a piece are pretty useless too.
>>
>>43917433
Don't Mortis patterns have to take 2 of the same weapon?
>>
>>43917433

Missing one on the Praetor was an error on my part, sorry. I just figured with so many points, a Spartan was a more reliable way to deliver them. Should I downgrade to a LR?

Also they're Contemptor-Mortis dreads, so they're both packing double multi-meltas. I didn't think there would be a need to expressly state this.
>>
>>43917463
The point is they're just going to get wrecked instantly and their range is terrible. You'd want them in pods ideally so they can get stuck in but they're probably a bad choice because they don't really support your Termies except for popping tanks and the list has a LR, Venator and Spartan.
You'd want them preferably with double CCW or something to support the termies.
The Tacticals are also a bit of a waste, don't need Arty armour or power weapons unless you're using them as a Sarg delivery system which is pretty shitty with only 1 PW.
>>
>>43914600
This would look so much cooler if they'd have painted in the cracks a glowy colour.

In fact, has anyone seen this kind of thing done Lorgar or any of the Word Bearers etchings before?
>>
>>43917483
>Using Comtemptors at all.
Consider the following.

Deredeo (185), Twin-Linked Hellfire Plasma Cannonade (35), Armoured Ceramite (20), Atomatic Pavaise (50). 290

36 inches, Str 7, Ap 2 Heavy 4 or 5" Blast.
>>
>>43917203
Any speculation on what the BA legion rules will be?
>>
>>43917636

Hell even Leviathans with Grav would be better
>>
>>43917010
I don't believe you can mix and match marks for best results though.

Still the reason all my CC guys have MkII arms though.
>>
>>43918250

Not mixing, but the different marks and different abilities. Also extra histories for earlier marks, which give in-game benefits.
>>
>>43909654
Ohhhhhhhhh ssssshhhhiiiiieeetttttt please more! It's happening guys!
>>
>>43918250
Do they just look better or is something in their design actually better for CC when compared to real armor?
>>
>>43909654
Guys I am way too excited for this. Magnus is going to hopefully be god tier. They did an amazing job with Lorgar, making him the absolute weakest Primarch, but when Transfigured to Chaos the second most powerful after Horus (or most powerful if you can into Prescience or Precognition.) Really hoping they do shit like this. So far my decision to give up on CSM in 40k has been great with the Word Bearers. Now it's just the Thousand Sons that also need to be good and we are golden.
>>
>>43918339

You have at least 10 months to wait anon, and that is if it isn't delayed yet again. Hold your excitement.
>>
>>43918421
Not that guy, but I've been waiting for this shit since 30k was announced so 10 months is nothing
>>
>>43918293
A) I really like MkII Arms
B) It breaks up the monotony of BaC MkIV
C) In Deathwatch MkII and III provide a higher strength bonus than other armor marks.
>>
>>43918421
>Been in island country for past four days with no wifi
>Miami Airport pulls next level stupid bullshit that pisses me off once I reach back to the States
>Get wifi back
>Turn on 4chan
>See TS pic (favorite legion/chapter along with Word Bearers)

It's like Tzeentch sent me a gift of hope after how pissed I was.
>>
>>43918421
>and that is if it isn't delayed yet again.
given that there's supposed to be all book 3 Primarchs by the end of the year I think we can assume this will happen.
>>
>>43918644

Prospero was supposed to come out after Extermination. It's already two years late.
>>
Does Zardu Layak count as a chaplain for the legion astrates Word Bearers rule?

I'd assume so as Erebus does and they are pretty simillar, but it doesn't say anywhere.
>>
>>43918279
Here's a pic of a WIP from a year ago.
>>
>>43918644
>given that there's supposed to be all book 3 Primarchs by the end of the year

That's not happening anymore.
>>
>>43919108
Hm it doesn't say he's a Primarch either, I guess you can just consider him one and give him the Primarch rule. Please Anon, that's not how game rules work.
>>
>>43919202
Well it feels stupid taking a unit who provides Zealot to get a better chance on a roll that might just give me Zealot anyway and THEN having to take another compulsory unit who has zealot.

It would feel less stupid if the Dark channelling roll was before deployment so you can properly spread the zeal.
>>
>>43910806
Under the bullshit logic, I might add
>>
>>43919673
Let's be honest the real reason was that they didn't want people to spam them, but had decided to stop using 0-X as a balancing measure.
>>
>>43919761
It must be difficult, living life while being as stupid as a games workshop executive. I wonder how they manage?
>>
>>43919761

>decided to stop using 0-X as a balancing measure

Of course, because BUY MORE OF OUR SHIT and 0-X don't gel
>>
>>43920600
The obvious compromise would be to limit them to X per points value.

Much like LoW in 30k.
>>
>>43910168
>Magnus did everything wrong

Lets see he
>practiced sorcery despite being told not to
>told his brothers about the chaos gods despite being told not to
>continued to train psykers after the council of nikea
>contributed less to the crusade than most of his brothers
>refused to safely guide Lorgar through the psychic realm which caused everything to go to shit
>couldn't warn everyone that the heresy was happening sooner
>didn't side with Kurze when he told everyone about the heresy
>couldn't convince Horus that Erebus was evil despite all the evidence
>broke the Emperor's biggest toy
>fell to chaos even though he knew damn well what it was
>>
>>43920927
I... I can't tell if this is bait or not. Surely you understand that you're agreeing with everything that anon said, right? Or are you backing his claims while making it look like you're defending Magnus? I am so confused right now, holy dick.
>>
is it ok to use militarum tempestus as solar auxilia?
>>
File: Footstool.png (502 KB, 1512x5496) Image search: [Google]
Footstool.png
502 KB, 1512x5496
New /tg/ character?
>>
>>43922018
No. Because they cut out Typhon's "More."
>>
>>43920927
>told his brothers about the chaos gods despite being told not to
Not telling the primarchs about Chaos was one of the stupidest decisions the Emperor made.
>continued to train psykers after the council of nikea
Nikaea was the wrong decision. Evidenced by the fact that the Emperor changed his mind later.
>contributed less to the crusade than most of his brothers
His entire legion almost mutated to death. They weren't called the Thousand Sons for nothing.
>refused to safely guide Lorgar through the psychic realm which caused everything to go to shit
Because Lorgar was a retard actively looking for something to worship. Magnus's mistake was not warning the Emperor, but you can't really blame him after the Emperor acted like a tard at Monarchia.
>couldn't warn everyone that the heresy was happening sooner
Yes, blame Magnus for not magically realizing something that even the Emperor didn't realize. Shit, nobody listened when Magnus tried to tell them anyways.
>couldn't convince Horus that Erebus was evil despite all the evidence
You mean when Erebus was right in the middle of his master stroke and was showing him all sorts of Chaos shit. Of course he failed. Horus was dying to the Anathame at that point.
This is one of Magnus's biggest fuckups, and it's another direct result of the Emperor not telling people shit for no reason.
>fell to chaos even though he knew damn well what it was
He had been fucked long before he actually fell, and it's not like he'd been left much of a choice.
>>
>>43922202

What?
>>
>>43917636
Contemptors and Deredeos are both mostly bad. Taking them outside of themed games is gimping yourself. You can get more wounds and more dakka for less points than a dreadnought.
>>
>>43922612
All the dreads are bad. But Doritoes are easily the best and make Sally termies 3+ invul or whatever if you can keep them close (ie pod him in).
>>
>>43922414
When Typhon becalmed the Death Guard and they got infested by the Destroyer Hive, Typhon accepted the plague into his body in full and then demanded more.

It's part of Typhus' original fluff.
>>
>Stupid "Wolf XD" shit earlier
>43920023 thinking GW executives have any say in rules

Unfortunately, those people who said BaC would be a bad thing may have been on to something.
>>
>>43922743
You do realize the character in the pic is something made by anons and not Typhus? its not even an attempt at making Typhus.
>>
>>43922743

Footstool isn't Typhus
>>
>>43923316
>>43923759
I think the joke went straight over you guys' head.

Anon is saying he doesn't like it because it portrays Morty as making the deal with Nurgle rather than it being Typhus dooring his keikakus.
>>
>>43923966

Morty does make a deal in the cannon. After Typhus gets everyone stuck in the warp and filled with Nurgle's Rot, they all get so tortured by the disease that they submit to Nurgle one by one
>>
>>43920705
Or everything in Fantasy, which is what I've been telling people for years.

Now Fantasy n'est pas.
>>
>>43923225
>whinging about a specific post without responding to it
Could you be any more passive aggressive?
>executives have no say in the game
Or stupid?
>B-BaC!!
You just repeat whatever words you think sound effective to fit in, don't you?
>>
>>43913830
Overall? Probably not - I doubt the ally matrix will get updated. At best they'll stray cautious like they are currently, since the matrix represents the bigger, overall relationships.

Would be nice though.
>>
>>43916634
>>43916768
It's both!
>>
>>43922699
How are dodo rodeos that bad? It seems like for the points, an anvilus autocannon one is great to deal with AA and shit up vehicles up to mid armor?
>>
>>43925500
>
ignore him,he is clearly a moron
>>
>>43925500
I guess the ultimate question is, how do they shape up to Rapier platforms with similar armaments? Rapiers can't do everything but they come close and are one of a select of units in 30K that probably need a points hike.
>>
>>43925632
Each of the three rapier types do a specific job better and take Elite slots vs the dodo doing multiple jobs not quite as well point for point (but uniquely AA) and taking a HS slot.

I don't think the cost is prohibitive for making sure Lightnings and Xiphons get burned down before they can do any damage.
>>
>>43910556
FINALLY THE THOUSAND SONS ARE HERE !! NOW MY WALLET DIES !!
>>
>>43911525
Alpha Legion are fun Iron Warriors are good fun Raven Guard are fun Death Guard and Imperial Fists are kinda generic cant tell you about any of the others not tried em
>>
>>43913830
The Thousand Sons had their own personal armed forced known as the Spire Guard of Prospero i believe they where insanely loyal and tough soldiers maybe they will get models as a special addition to the Thousand Son ? or maybe the Imperial Army will get some sort of detachment for them specifically we will find out soon i guess :3
>>
>>43914211
Magnus had a great relationship with the Khan they where basically BFFs
>>
>>43915411
That is not even true just the the Legions who where superstitious disliked them most of the Legions did not care they had some enemies some friends and most people did not care but the enemies where assholes like Space Wolves so you know how that went
>>
>>43918421
8 months i though that the Burning Of Prospero was coming out next year February ??
>>
>>43926042
Nope, the next book should be out around then, but that isn't prospero. They've delayed that one several times, ostensibly so they could do right by both legions.
>>
>>43925985
Didn't the Wolves pride themselves on how many enemies they have?
>>
>>43925970
Yeah, White Scars and Thousand Sons were on good terms. To a lesser degree the Blood Angels too.

Would like to see TS be battle bros with WS :(
>>
>>43920927
I love the idea of him just waddling through the immaterial and accidentally tearing a whole through the webway.

I'm pretty sure there's a cartoon video someone made of it somewhere.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>43925962
They are actually Fellow Warriors with them already so it doesn't make a lot of difference.
>>
Is there any new Thunder Warriors fluff from the Horus Heresy Novels?
>>
>>43925437
Unfortunately that was one of the things that killed Fantasy. Though there were other factors involved in making it so.

>Oh joy, another 100 mandatory Clanrats who will die uselessly.
>>
>>43926065
turns out psykers are hard to do properly

who'd have thunk it
>>
>>43926557
Fantasy had its issues that never seemed to get solved, much like the 40k AV and AP issues. Namely, magic being crazy overpowered in every goddamn edition (with the solution being to make it even more powerful but crazy random for some reason), characters either being pretty shit or fucking amazing, and charging.

The issue being that since GW hasn't made any radical system changes for over a decade (apart from Age of Sigmar), they're basically stuck trying to patch serious flaws in the system rather than just replacing them. Like vehicles either being fragile papier mache boxes that can be glanced to death, or immortal juggernauts that are basically better ignored due to the insane amount of firepower required to score a lucky explodes result. Or armour saves on infantry being largely inconsequential, which was fixed with an increased focus on cover saves, leading to an abundance of 2+/3+ cover saves on everything, which in turn was "fixed" with an abundance of ignores cover weapons, bringing us right back to footsloggers being victims.

Sure, you could balance the base game better, but the real problem is that we're using the same basic system as when I got into the game as an 11 year old, and let's face it, certain aspects of it are outright busted.
>>
What unique until will Dark Angels get in 30k? Do we know from the novels?
>>
>>43926759
Bike Knights
Terminator Knights
Knight Allies
>>
>>43926817
i instantly imagined the titan type of knight
>>
>>43926817
You forgot Augmented Old Man Knights
>>
>>43926830
That's what I meant.

>>43926847
I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO, CITIZEN. THE ASTARTES OF LEGIO I ARE SELECTED FROM THE VERY FIERCEST OF THE YOUTHS ON CALIBAN AND TERRA!
>>
>>43926847
>You forgot Augmented Old Man Knights
pls explain

>>43926830
>knight titans
>on bikes
has mars gone too far?
>>
>>43926872
>has mars gone too far?
or not far enough
>knights on speeders
>knights on spaceships
>knights on knights aka centurion knights
>>
>>43926872
As a tribute to the knights of Caliban's balls to wall nigh impossible feat of taming a Death World by fire and sword the Emperor ordered his best chirugens and adepts to enhance those knights who were already adults to near marine levels so that they could continue to crusade alongside their younger fellows. Most notable among them was Luther.
>>
>>43926988
Titan that's piloted by a knight.
>>
>>43927168
You mean a Knight Titan Dreadknight? Armed with its mighty Apocalypse Gatling Cannon and Adamantine Chain Claws? Driven by only the finest and most deadly knights of the Knight Titan Knight Houses? Capable of combating even the mightiest and most fell of foes?

I'm having a Wardagasm just thinking about this!
>>
>>43927361
Aren't the guys in side the night wearing Centurion armor as well?
>>
>>43927361
Turducken Knight
>>
File: oeEoOzHh.jpg (21 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
oeEoOzHh.jpg
21 KB, 311x366
That moment when you realize that the day they do the Battle of Prospero the wolf and Sons fags will only become even more obnoxious as the book will surely keep up the "my side totally won" vagueness that causes these pointless drivels that plague tg....
>>
>>43928229
Isn't the whole point of the Prospero conflict that neither the Wolves or the Sons won? Both sides lost a lot in the battle and really gained nothing; with the Sons forced to side with Chaos after having most of their Legion annihilated, and the Wolves fighting a pointless battle and not being there for the real heresy.

This should be an established concept in the canon, so I don't understand why the fanboys would still be whining.
>>
>>43928291
>This should be an established concept in the canon

Ehhh writers love to tweak a few things

the biggest example being the 2 missing legions

>before: 2 missing legions are just unknown so you can have successor chapters that dont fit any of the existing legions
>now: apparently they fucked up so hard the Big E erased any data about them. Oooooooooh 2 spooky 4 me!
>>
>>43928291
The Sons fags and wolf fag LOVE to try to justify that their legion didnt fuck up and that the other legion was in the wrong, leading the threads of shit flinging all over the place.

Fuck both of them, I just want a second psychic army in my Heresy without the baggage.
>>
>>43927048
That sounds cool.

I hope FW can do them justice with rules so they aren't just shitty T3 marines.
>>
>>43928315
>now: apparently they fucked up so hard the Big E erased any data about them. Oooooooooh 2 spooky 4 me!
I heard before something about the Emperor finding them and they were just mutated circus freaks so he put them down (the Primarchs though, not the Legions). Though I can't remember where.

Honestly, having them a supplement for shitty homebrew was never very interesting and you could always just put the chapter origins as "unknown" and it has the exact same effect as the 2 lost legions.
>>
>>43928559
Well its kinda fucked up that the Space Wolves and Ultramarines just fucked up Prospero and Monarchia. I understand why, but it still leaves a pretty big scar on their record imo. The Space Wolves seem to enjoy that role, so that kind of pigeonholes them as retards. 1kSons just seem somewhat weak and ineffectual. I like them both, but 1kSons are way more interesting than Space Wolves. SW just strike me as the adolescent, or retarded adult Legion.
>>
>>43928621
Well, the Ultramarines were forced into their position. Guilliman himself said that he didn't want to do it and thought it was a shitty idea that would wreck their relationship with the Word Bearers, but when the Emperor tells you to jump you ask "How high?" He even kept a straight face, because that's how he rolls, even when carrying out orders he doesn't like.

Russ was always a dick, though. Just look at his slap-fights with both Angron and Lion.
>>
>>43928229
Anon, just replace "Battle of Prospero" with anything /tg/ related, "wolf and Sons fags" with fans of said /tg/ related thing, and so forth, and it's business as usual on /tg/.
>>
>>43928619
and yet world eaters get a fuckign pass?
>>
>>43928667
Basically, the places of both chapters/legions in the setting switched in 30k.

In 40k Ultramarines were written as mary sue cant do wrongs, with fans that brought out the worst of that while their thematic aspect, being goddamn romans, was left to the side. Wolves were bro tier vikings (at least before their 5th edition book), bringing out the fun aspects of their theme and carrying on the flavor as best as possible.

NOW in 30k the Wolfs are the mary sue try hards, with psychers that arent psychers because "muh fenris", killing other legions because "muh executioners", and removing the viking aspect to just "being an act" by bonehead russ. Their fans love to defend their actions, which never hold up the scrutiny.

The 30k Ultras however are written expecting their flaws, have victories and failures, keep and enforce the roman theme much better and made Gulliman so much more interesting to the point that they are well loved in the setting.

HH saved the Ultras, but damned the wolves.
>>
>>43928619
>>43928765
>Night Lords and World Eaters are called "necessary"
>One is a legion literally full of rapists and murdered
>The other burns worlds perfectly willing to negotiate and join the rest of Mankind.

Damn, the lost legions must have seriously fucked up considering Emps high standards for dickery.
>>
>>43928765
World Eaters were psychotic, but they overall got the job done and could be pointed in a direction and let loose. The worst of the nails only effected them directly in the battle. The two legions had to be REALLY fucked to get erased.
>>
>>43928792
It's always possible that the lost legions just went the complete opposite way. Maybe one of the primarchs became a pro bono attorney who specialized in small business law and the other became a renowned interior decorator who conquered his planet with fashion and pizazz.
>>
>>43928783
fuck wolves anyways, fucking 5th edition bullshit brought out the WORST players aside from grey knights and blood angels

>hurr durrr we have free melta guns!
>lol we always hit on a 3+!
>we ignore psychic powers so easily!
>we play Chaos Space Marines better than Chaos Space Marines!
>>
Which Primarch works best with allies?
>>
>>43928792
The World Eaters were never meant to be butchers with nails in their heads. The Night Lords were never meant to be psychotic flayers. Nothing turned out how it should have.
>>
>>43928811
The problem with the World Eaters was that, well, destroying entire planets and butchering their populations in giant blood orgies was kind of counter-productive to the goal of the Great Crusade. Hence why they were often held back from conflicts and actually got another Legion sent against them pre-Heresy, something even the Night Lords didn't manage.

Speaking of which, the Death Guard also seemed like kind of a shit Legion. Don't get me wrong, they were efficient and reliable, but their whole "kill fucking everyone even when they surrender" bit seems like it would be a bigger deal than the Word Bearers being too slow. I mean, what use is a world to you when Mortarion's killed everyone and turned it into a series of ruins full of chemical fires?
>>
Has anyone heard anything about FW making 30k kits for the plastic Indomitus kit? Like reaper autocannons, non-crux shoulder pads, combi-bolters and maybe more power weapon options? Maybe helmets similar to the ones in the Gorgon terminators?
>>
>>43925750
I'd probably trust that judgement, the Dorito seems to fill an AA niche well enough.
>>
>>43929357
I doubt they'll do this anytime soon if at all.
>>
>>43926557
It's all a matter of scale I guess. Every system is just a simplification for a set scenario, and the narrower the scenario the simpler one can make the proxy. Warhammer's specific FO system was never designed for more than 100 models, nevermind just core choices, so once the numbers get that high the results become borked. Just like using Newton's gravity to model very large objects or objects far from the surface of the earth. That doesn't mean that Newton's rule lacks value however or that simplifications of the greater, more complex and awkward reality aren't worthwhile. It just means that as games change their FOs need changes as well.

I don't entirely dislike 40K's formation systems for all the balance they've introduced, because they present believable and interesting tabletop situations without an ordered framework. Perhaps if the number of formations takeable in an army was capped by points - so every 1500pts let you take 3 formations or - and then certain crazy formations (any with other formations built into them, along with the standard combined arms detachment) cost 2 or more of those slots, the game could facillitate more balance than present while still preserving the variety AND without falling into 100 clanrat hell.
>>
>>43929357
Yeah I'm not seeing that happening, unless it's part of a gigantic three-year bonanzo for the Siege of Terra at the very end.
>>
>>43929232

>I mean, what use is a world to you when Mortarion's killed everyone and turned it into a series of ruins full of chemical fires?

Well, even back then the Imperium had no shortage of people. And have you seen some of the worlds humanity has to live on because they don't have terraforming anymore? A planet full of chemical fires would be like a relaxing day at the beach compared to some worlds and probably better for their health.
>>
>>43929588
d'oh, two word flips in the first sentence of the second paragraph - make that "all the IMbalance they've introduced" and "situations withIN an ordered framework". Then it will make sense.
>>
>>43929588
The issue with formations and detachments is that they're a half-measure. They didn't want to be restricted to FoC. Fine. But instead of just getting rid of it and doing what pretty much every non-historical wargame does, namely introducing some sort of availability rating on units, they kept the FoC while also introducing so many ways to ignore them that the FoC was pointless and spamming overpowered units was simple as fuck. Not to mention that formations probably shouldn't give additional benefits, seeing as how breaking the FoC should be enough of a benefit in and of itself.

They tried to have their cake and eat it too, and the result is a broken clusterfuck. Just look at the 30k RoW and marvel at how simple it is to encourage variety without just going FREE DROP PODS.
>>
>>43929715
This is why I play 30k exclusively. I tried getting into 40k and one look at the Formation and I just put the book down.
>>
>>43929747
Well, 30k inherits some of the problems. Like Invisibility being complete and utter bullshit and shooting being vastly superior to assault.
>>
>>43929800
Sure, but no one I play with even runs Psykers. The worst being a guy who takes Sevatar and gets Precognition or whatever it's called. Also FW nerfed Lorgar in Book 5 so he can't take Invis.
>>
>>43929845
>but no one I play with even runs Psykers.

well lets see what happens when Thousand Sons get here
>>
>>43929879
I'm not worried about TSs. FW has been pretty decent so far at not making any one Legion too OP. I'm sure there will be so many drawbacks to taking an army full of psykers that it won't really matter.
>>
its actualyl funny if you think about it

>people bitch that there are so many space marine armies in 40k
>30k is 90% space marine
>its better balanced

clearly 40k needs more space marines!
>>
>>43929715
You're right that 30K is better, I do the very opposite of arguing against it on a regular basis. But if we assume that formations are just a thing and they're here to stay, imposing a Fantasy-esque restriction on how many Formations an army can take within its points total works within the current scope of 40k games, in terms of both points and model counts.
>>
>>43909654
>Thousand Sons, arguably one of the most popular traitor legions
>barely appear in the fluff outside of occasional Ahriman shenanigans
>outdated models
>underwhelming rules that make a fluffy army an exercise in self-inflicted suffering
>Only shows up to be a primary antagonist for the wolf fetishists

I hope Forgeworld does 30k Thousand Sons justice. Because unless a Codex supplement: Thousand Sons randomly pops up out of nowhere, 40k Thousand Sons are going to be overlooked by GW.
>>
>>43929938
Such is the human brain on logical fallacies
>>
>>43929938
>people bitch about how Xenos are so underrepresented compared to Space Marines in 40k
>Xenos suddenly get a whole lot of attention this year, new codexes, units, and campaign books dedicated to them
>people start bitching about how there isn't enough Imperial attention

Now I know these aren't the same people complaining, and there are legit balance issues in 40k, but the circlejerk can get pretty real in these threads.
>>
>>43929987
For some reason, only Khorne and Nurgle get any love from either FW or GW.
>>
>>43929999
>those quads
Funny how a comment on logical fallacies get's Tzeentch's sacred number.

>>43930033
Which is a shame considering Tzeentch's design leaves room for a lot of interesting possibilities. The Rubric Marines alone can have a lot done with them. Afterall not every member of the Thousand Sons was a tactical marine.

Having dust automaton's of other positions seems like an easy way to get money for GW. But since their business decisions have always been questionable I guess the best we can hope for is a Tzeentch Daemonkin codex.
>>
>>43929938
>clearly 40k needs more space marines!
Honestly they should just adopt the 30k marines system.

30k ruleswise isn't actually 90% marines, people just mostly play marines.

In terms of actual rules content I'd say it's probably 50% marines 50% other armies.

Also Rites of War>Formations.

Being forced to take shitty unit in order to get 600 points worth of mechanised vehicles is really shit compared to a fluffy readjustment of Force Org restrictions that gives you extra rules.

Making 1 marine book and a small supplement for each chapter would be so much better than what they do at the moment.
>>
>>43930099
>Funny how a comment on logical fallacies get's Tzeentch's sacred number.

Just as planned.
>>
>>43930028
>people start bitching about how there isn't enough Imperial attention
I don't think this has actually happened.

40k's just gone a bit stagnant.

Tau and Imp Guard released have both been a bit underwhelming considering the only new rules have taken the form of formations.

The most bitching probably comes from Imperial Guard players who's formations are literally

>buy 10 boxes or guardsmen and we give you rerolls :^)
>>
Here's a 3000 point Solar Auxilia list I put together from the models I own. Any gaping holes?

Legate Commander - Artificer Armor - Digital Lasers - Displacer Matrix - Grav-Wave Generator - Lord Marshal - Master-crafted Weapon - Paragon Blade

Auxilia Infantry Tercio - 2x Aegis Defence+Icarus Cannon - Auxilia Lasrifle Section w/Blast chargers Sgt+PF+Troop Master - Auxilia Lasrifle Section w/Blast chargers Sgt+PF

Auxilia Infantry Tercio - Dracosan Transport (Flare shield+Demolisher Cannon+Extra Armor+Armored Ceramit) - Veletaris Storm Section w/Power Axes+Nuncio Vox

Auxilia Medicae Detachment - 3x Medics

Household Retinue Squad - Nuncio Vox, Prime+Melta Bombs+Power Fist

Auxilia Leman Russ Strike Squadron - 2x LR Battle Tanks (Armored Ceramtie, Extra Armor, Lascannon) 1x LR Vanquisher (Armored Ceramtie, Extra Armor, Lascannon)

1x Auxilia Malcador Infernus (Armored Ceramite, Chemical Aummnition, Lascannons)

1x Auxilia Shadowsword (Armored Ceramite, 2x Side Sponsons w/Targeters, Command Tank)
>>
>>43930218
Forgot I also have a Medusa in this list as well.
>>
>>43930099
it's doubly sad because Inferno Bolts would make heavy bolters actually... good.
>>
>>43930214
>buy 10 boxes or guardsmen and we give you rerolls :^)
Surely that's just a GW executive's concept of balance anyway? :¬]
>>
Some friends and I are doing an escalation league for 30k, taking a break from our normal legions and building/painting up new forces, starting in Zone Mortalis and at 550 points.

I'm looking at Ordo Reductor, this is my first 550, mostly going against marine lists, for the most part a tactical squad, HQ and specialist unit (often 5 man terminator squad). In time this will be expanded on to become a full 2k reductor list.

HQ:
Archmagos Reductor with a mastercrafted graviton imploder 190

TROOPS:
3 x thallax with a phased plasma fusil 145
3 x thallax with a photon thruster 160
10 x tech thralls with carapace armour 55

The archmagos and the thralls go together. Planning on using the manoeuvrability of the thallax to take on marines.
>>
File: Dark Angels Pre Heresy.png (34 KB, 201x281) Image search: [Google]
Dark Angels Pre Heresy.png
34 KB, 201x281
DANK ANGELS

WHEN
>>
>>43929601
How so? Indomitus suits are already in the game. They just lack some of the weapon options and such. It shouldn't be a massive undertaking to make.
>>
>>43930458
Because it's a waste of FW's time and resources.
>>
>>43930514
Yeah, better make 15 more versions of tartaros and caraphractii suits and their weapon kits.
>>
>>43930557
Considering several of the Legions still need their specific Terminator units, yes.

Don't take it personally that your stupid wishlist idea is, well, stupid.
>>
>>43930514
>>43930557
Don't forget the Imperial Knights, because making six variants is where all their time and resources goes to.

And it's not like they work on a single unit all at once. I don't see how them working on the Indomitus would prevent anything else from getting the work it needs. Designing miniatures isn't a mutually exclusive sort of deal.
>>
>>43930458
Not in any major numbers, at all. Unless one of the legions gets a special terminator unit which uses Indomitus-variant suits normal ones aren't going to get support until the point where large enough numbers saw use.
>>
>>43930598
It's not a wishlist, it's just pondering about it. They've already made conversion kits for plastic Rhinos, Land Raiders, Stormravens, etc. Or was it a waste of their time and resources, and a stupid idea? At least converting the plastic Indomitus suits is easier than making their own from scratch.
>>
>>43930434
February, in the Retribution book.

>>43930218
Depends what kind of advice you're after. For casuals it's alright, but could do with a lot of optimising if you plan on playing hard.
> Legate is fair. I'd say you should get the Combat Augment Array before Master-Crafting.
> Mixture of Aegis and Dracosans is weird. Typically you want to play all-infantry or all-mechanised, half-and-halfing it just leaves you weak in both.
> Veletaris Storm want to run Volkite in all situations other than Household.
> Don't mix Battle Tanks and Vanquishers in the same squadron as they have different targets. Run them as 2 separate squadrons.
> Malcador Infernus is sick. Good choice.
> Shadowsword is one of the weaker superheavies but it's not awful.

If you want to roll hard, conventional wisdom is to spam Veletaris-Dracosans, Malcador Infernii and Rapier batteries. Lightnings are more versatile than Aegis, and Techpriest Haywire-spam.is the best anti-tank outside of S:D.
>>
>>43930623
No one said they only work on one unit at a time. That doesn't mean that FW can just put into production every little niggling thing 40kids want. They are a business you know?
>>
>>43930660
Not looking to go hard since my group is pretty laid back. Just seeing if it's not total shit. Thanks for the tips!
>>
>>43930654
>Not in any major numbers

Source?
>>
>>43930667
>every little niggling thing 40kids want

Unless it's a Marine thing, at which point you get it and a dozen chapter variants.
>>
>>43930667
Why are you being such an asshat about this? I don't see why one anon thinking it would be nice for FW to release an indomitus model triggered you so much. Also-

>40kids
Seriously? What are you 12?

>They are a business you know?
And this is coming from somehow who clearly doesn't know how businesses operate. Production doesn't work like how you seem to think it does. They work on something, then drop it for months, and can continue working on it. It's happened for a lot of things at FW.

There is literally no reason why FW can't have this "little niggling thing" in production. And their time and resources wouldn't be wasted on it, because that is not how business work.

So there's no need for you to be an asshole about this.
>>
>>43930744
I wonder if it's the same dude who comes telling non-Marine players that they're never getting any of their shit, because Marines come first and you're just a sideshow.
>>
>>43930744
Welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>43930667
>a business
>not making things people have shown a desire for
What?
>>
>>43928583
My buddy's kind of hoping they wind up being a Consul upgrade that gives a morale bonus or something similar to nearby squads.

I know Kor Phaeron set a precedent for T3, but he was old and mostly a noncombatant while the knights were generally young men and hardened veterans.
>>
>>43930785
Maybe, the attitude seems about the same at the least.

>>43930794
Well dickery is kind of standard fare here, but this specific thread has been really chill. Bit weird this guy decided to come along and be an ass in response to a normal question.

It's okay to be a dick, just strange to have it come out of nowhere in a calm thread like this one.
>>
>>43930794
yes, because one person posting on an imageboard is indicative of the wider population.
>>
>>43930834
Meant to reply to this post >>43930786
>>
>>43930838
Were you replying to this >>43930786
anon? Cause I don't know how my post would give you that impression.
>>
>>43930701
Common knowledge, Tartaros and Cataphractii comprised the great majority of all suits in the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy. I've never actually seen a reference to Indomitus's prescence but I trust that it existed back then. I've never seen a piece of artwork depicting units in Indomitus armour.
>>
>>43929018
Even Konrad never meant for it to be like that, and the early Nostramans probably were good people.

Planet Gotham just fell back apart without Space Batman though. That's why he blew it up.
>>
>>43930701
>>43930945
If I recall correctly the Indomitus was introduced because they could no longer reproduce the older patterns during the heresy. Something like the Forgeworlds being able to produce the older models being lost, and the Indomitus pattern was capable of being produced by the major worlds.

Though I don't remember where I read this, so don't take my word for it.
>>
>>43930945
Indomitus is referenced in the Iron Hand's Gorgon Terminators fluff.
>>
>>43930945
>>43930992

All three suits were contemporaries during the great crusade/heresy, indomitus was the last model but it wasnt made after the heresy or on its later stages but during the great crusade.
>>
>>43930945
>Common knowledge

Then it must read somewhere, now doesn't it?

For example in the Crusade Army List, in the armoury, it says several terminator armour types were developed around the same times, Indomitus, Tartaros and Saturnine patterns being named and said to be functionally identical. About the cataphractii it says that by the outbreak of the Heresy it was declining in use due to its problems.

And, again, the Iron Hands Gorgon terminators are using a modified indomitus armour.
>>
>>43930099
>Which is a shame considering Tzeentch's design leaves room for a lot of interesting possibilities.
That's why. Khorne and Nurlge are easy, Tzeentch and Slaanesh take effort.
>>
>>43930028
>>43930214
It doesn't help that they updated the Xenos who were in the least need of an update.

Orks, Nids, and Dark Eldar are all stuck struggling to remain playable and they updated the other guys.

And then there's Chaos. Chaos is probably half the reason HH is so popular.
>>
>>43931243
Are you saying that half the people who like Legion stuff are not happy with the Codex: Chaos Warbands feat. Token Cult Troops?
>>
>>43931300
You mean Codex: Don't Take Chaos Space Marines?

Because yeah, I think quite a few people have gravitated to HH because legion rules in 40k were not forthcoming.
>>
>>43911280
This looks like a solid list, your only problem as far as I can see would be running into armored ceramite.

That being said I totally dig the fluffiness. The sala-bros were totally into helping the humies.

I think against heavy armor you will have to think carefully about where you will place your dracosan and Vulkan to deal with Spartans.

Totally dig the list though man!
>>
>>43930992
>>43931035
>>43931044
>>43931076
Flair enoughle, maybe they'll make some addons for era weaponry at some point. It'd be interesting to see Indomitus suits alongside Crusade armours and vehicles.
>>
>>43914600
Lorgar, rhino edition
>>
File: CSMTermiAutocannon.jpg (25 KB, 312x183) Image search: [Google]
CSMTermiAutocannon.jpg
25 KB, 312x183
>>43931473
I don't know man, it doesn't look like too much of a job to just use the plastic one.

Especially if you don't mind the ejection ports.
>>
>>43931532
Even with that we still got crux terminus shoulder pads, no combi-weapons nor plasma blaster, only power swords, etc. Most of it's there, for sure, but they're not 100% there for 30k.
>>
Alpha Legion 2.5K, is this half-decent?

>HQ
1 Praetor Cataphractii Armour
Combi-Bolter
Chainfist
Digital Lasers
Venom Spheres

4 Legion Command Squad
Plasma Blaster
2 Chainfist
2 Power Weapon

Anvillus Dreadclaw Pod

1 Legion Chaplain (Joins Headhunters)
Plasma Pistol
Artificer Armour
Refractor Field

>Elites
1 Contemptor
Kheres Assault Cannon
Extra Armour

10 Veteran Tactical Squad
2 Missile Launchers
Nuncio-vox
Powerfist on Sergeant

>Troops
10 Tactical Squad

10 Tactical Squad
Rhino, 2nd bolter

>Fast Attack
6 Headhunter Kill Team
Heavy Bolter
Power Fist on Sergeant
Artificer Armour on Sergeant

>Heavy Support
1 Fire Raptor Gunship
Reaper Autocannons
Armoured Ceramite

5 Heavy Support Squad
Lascannons
Rhino, 2nd bolter

5 Heavy Support Squad
Lascannons
Rhino, 2nd bolter
>>
File: blogger-image-96858501.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-96858501.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
So what do you guys think FW will be releasing this week? I'm hoping the HH Masterclass book they previewed at the Open Day goes on sale. My group has been holding back our order waiting for this book. Or the Ordinatus.
>>
>>43931634
>crux terminus shoulder pads
The plastic pads can be used on either shoulder.

>no combi-weapons
Chaos has them. And if you think they don't fit aesthetically, just remember that weapons swaps are baby's first conversion.

>nor plasma blaster,
This is actually a problem.

>only power swords
And maces (Chaos and Deathwing) and Flails (Deathwing) and Axes/Halberds (Chaos, Wolf Guard, Deathwing, Grey Knights), and if you don't like the way those look converting hammers into axes/maces is beyond simple.

There is an absolute wealth of options available for Indomitus armor if you take the time to look. FW will propbably get around to making some, but you really sound like you're asking to be spoonfed and handheld through an entire facet of the hobby.
>>
>playing Daemons in 30k
Does anyone do this?

How do they stack up in Marine / Mechanicum environment?
>>
>>43914211
Him and Khan were best buds. Really cool actually.
>>
File: Um_m3_terminator.jpg (58 KB, 471x501) Image search: [Google]
Um_m3_terminator.jpg
58 KB, 471x501
>>43932042
>The plastic pads can be used on either shoulder.

Not fully. There's a small opening on the front (that rectangle bit missing), but not on the back. So putting them the "wrong way" makes it uneven.

>weapons swaps are baby's first conversion.

And to what do I swap them for? Because outside of a very few models, there are no combi-weapons available in the indomitus style.

>And maces (Chaos

If you want Chaos maces on your loyalist dudes.

>and Deathwing) and Flails (Deathwing)

Which go on the bolter arm, so now you just need to figure how to put the bolter on the close combat arm.

>Axes/Halberds (Chaos

Again, if you don't mind Chaos axes on loyalist dudes.

>Wolf Guard

Which also go on the bolter arm (the sword goes on the close combat arm) and is a rune axe.

>Deathwing

One per kit, two handed, etc.

>Grey Knights)

Halberds, not axes. Also, usually use both arms with a bit chunk of the left arm missing (bolter goes there).

>converting hammers into axes/maces is beyond simple.

But converting close combat arms to take bolters and not look like crap is not so simple.

>you really sound like you're asking to be spoonfed and handheld through an entire facet of the hobby.

Been hanging too long in 30k threads, I guess.
>>
>>43932359
>Been hanging too long in 30k threads, I guess.

>literally the only guy in this thread asking to be spoonfed or wishes that FW would just make the bits he needs rather than learning how to hobby

Please leave.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.