[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The local vampire clan has set a medical facility in the city,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 13
File: iv.jpg (250 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
iv.jpg
250 KB, 1024x768
The local vampire clan has set a medical facility in the city, offering several gold pieces to any adult that donates their blood.
>>
>>43909490
As long as they don't do anything shadier than that and take care of proper hygiene in their facility, I see nothing wrong with this. Good for the vampires for figuring out how function in the normal, law-abiding society.
>>
>>43909490
They get beheaded because non-humans are a blight on the land and vetala are behind duk'zarist the most needing of execution.

Also nearly as bad
>>
>>43909490
Seems legit, creatures of the darkness trying to overcome their baser nature and treating mortals as equals.

My paladin wholeheartedly endorses their endeavours.
>>
I like the concept of functional evil societies. Especially in the concept that beings such as Devils are incentivized to give mortals civilization because it creates an environment that breeds willful servants.

The creation deity divide always seems to be LG/CE, but I find LE/CG a more interesting combo.
>>
>>43909546
Imperium please go.
>>
>>43909592
Just give up already and let us do our thing you meddling non-humans.
>>
>>43909490
This raises one alarming question - if Vampires set up this business now, what the hell is the other establishment up the hill that has been buying blood and corpses for past couple years?
>>
>>43909592
but muh emprah...
>>
>>43909490
Every tweaker in the city go in, drug addled blood is too disgusting to drink

>vampires open new drug rehab center to help humans get iver addiction
>then drink blood

>hobos mysteriously disappear
>police look other way
>band of hobos band together to fight the vampires in the only way they know how
>by opening a cafe that specializes in garlic cooking wait no
>by breaking out their secret hobo weapons of pure silver and fighting the menace that killed bob
>and took bobs bottle of vodka that he was gonna share
>vengeance...FER BOB
>>
>>43909490
We had this in a WoD game. A dozen disguised oxygen and argon tanks filled with blasting jelly solved that problem.
>>
>>43909558
But aren't vampires aligned evil? Wouldnt you still try to kill the undead?
>>
>>43909490

Trouble is the selling of blood is illegal, only donation can be accepted.

And trusting "donations" with creatures that can affect the will of individuals is going to prove difficult (never mind advertising, its ok when companies do it for profit, not when individuals/communities do it to keep alive).

Legislation is going to have to come around. The Vampire Lobby probably has a lot of contact in the old boys lubsn and goodwill fomr the progressives. Should come to pass.

But expect a hard bargain. And some mess of an administrative end result because its (retro)control security mechanisms.
>>
>>43909652
Why would he kill something which is actively trying to redeem itself?
>>
>>43909652
Paladin is not a synonym for a sociopath with a code. It shouldn't be, at least.
>>
Take'm out.

Problem isn't that they can't be trusted to be on their best behavior, it's that they can't be trusted not to end up wanting to run everything.

Immortal plutocrats buying influence over the peasantry is a sure recipe for waking up in "Sylvanian" state.
>>
>>43909652
At this point, they are a decidedly lesser evil. It's not like paladins punch every greedy merchant that pings as evil. Why would a paladin waste time risking his life to fight creatures that, while evil, have figured out a pretty good way to get by without hurting anyone, especially when the world is full of worse things that actually *are* harming innocents? That's like smothering a trash bin fire with your body while ignoring the blazing inferno that was the orphanage right behind you.
>>
>>43909694
Also Vampirism is a Disease, not a Lifestyle. Killing vampires is culling a very lethal strain of carriers, not exterminating a culture.
>>
>>43909631
Not the Imperium you're thinking of.

Nearly the same, but higher tech and their leader isn't an incompetent supergod, he's just either overly planning things or plainly out incompetent ageless normal human being.
>>
>>43909715
They're a long-term threat. They're like Elves, minus the capacity for compassion, except eligible to buy high officer -assuming this scenario is based in a human city.

They're also a compounding problem in that they only reduce the pool of non-Vampires and it only would take one going out of line to start the whole shitstorm of ghouls, mysterious murders, cults and whatever else.

And no, I don't trust them to "police themselves" any more than I trust any population to do the same. That doesn't work, that's never worked.

Also a static-ish population of vampires also opens the city up to hostile scrutiny by neighbors and any really crazy kingdoms who believe in those "righteous crusade" kind of wars.

Show me a vampire who actually circulates among the locals and who earns their trust the sapient way, and I'll show you someone I would consider tolerating.
>>
>>43909817
Hell, here's an idea that'd do a lot for my willingness to be nice: a vampire with a JOB.

The apparently endless wealth and the social isolation concern me no small amount. Show me a vampire family that participates in the local community -a mason that works in the dark, a sewer worker who doesn't worry about drowning, a farmer who can weed by candle light because fuck subdual damage or anything like that.

A big chunk of what prompts me to get out the stakes is that this prospective "vampire clan" is likely as bad as any conventionally "independently wealthy" group of oligarchs but minus having anything to do with the actual community they're buying and plus that sweet suite of immunities and inherent powers.

If they're actually willing to contribute more than faceless, anonymous wealth I might take a second look. I get that the whole "daylight" thing is kind of a downer, but if they're serious about "reforming" half the issue is actually the literal desire to lurk in the shadows.

There is too much perceived power in acting unnoticed, LOL 4Chan, and actually having a public presence will do a lot to insulate them against the inevitable scapegoating for every little thing that goes wrong. Be willing to endure the kind of of scrutiny a marriage causes when they want to "adopt" would also be critical.
>>
>>43909683
That depends on what sort of Paladin you are. Some Paladin's Code place more emphasis on "No one is beyond redemption unless they choose to be", others on "CLEANSE AND PURIFY WITH RIGHTEOUS FIRE!!"
>>
>>43909490
Could I somehow work out a deal with them where after X units of blood I become a Vampire?
>>
Now on the topic of Paladins wandering around looking for random evil aligned people I'd ask two things:

1) a cross-faith corroboration off the Detect Evil. No allied faiths either, please. Get someone at least superficially objective.

2) no outright slayings that wouldn't be tied to the kind of crimes that'd provoke that response normally.

Instead I think a watch list is in order.

Ping Evil, get noticed and issued a warning: you have three months to change alignment. You'll be subject to weekly inspections. Penalties for failure are start at exile.

Fuck your moral relativism; Evil Alignment isn't the "other side of the coin to being Good" it's a behavior set that emphasizes selfishness to a degree destructive to others.

A Neutral can be a selfish prick just fine. Evil means at the least you're not merely opportunistic but predatory. No-fucking-go.

Evil is a choice that deserves no recognition for "validity."
>>
>>43909738
>Emprah
>Incompetent
>god
Malcador and .co would like a word with you buddy
>>
>>43910023
And others on: "Vampires are Illegal, I enforce the Law."

Or "Vampires are a violation of the greater order of nature; nothing dead should walk and kill."

Lest we forget we're talking about something that is universally, demonstrably unnatural.

I can probably understand all the various motivations for becoming a vampire and reasons why being Undead might be more important than just dying and being gone, but it's still a being in violation of the most core tenant of existing: when you have to _stop_.
>>
>>43909490

Not good. Soon people will be thinking how amazing it would be to become immortal vampire lord instead of being lowly peasant, and will start volunteering in droves not only to donate blood but to act as their servants in hopes of becoming a vampire too someday.

Smite and cleave.
>>
>>43910004
>a sewer worker who doesn't worry about drowning
>A vampire sewer worker
Being around running water doesn't seem like an appealing job for a vampire.
>>
>>43909490
A vampire attempting to sustain themselves without violence and co existing peacefully with humans?

My WoD hunter swings by to give a donation
just to help
>>
>>43910173
Emprah is plenty fucking incompetent, like most things in 40k(that's kinda of the joke).
Emprah can be classified as a pseudogod as he was nearly omnipotent.
>>
>>43909490
EXTERMINATUS
>>
>>43910173
The incompetency is undeniable, and the ceaseless necessity of violence to compensate only reinforces the truth of it.

Failure to overcome your circumstances is no excuse -although trying to do so in a galaxy as aggressively illogical as 40k's is some small qualifier for leniency.
>>
>>43909730
It's not a disease, it's a form of ascension. A disease does something bad to you. Nothing bad comes of vampirism.
>>
>>43910206
Are we playing by "peasant myth" rules? Crosses, garlic, etc?
How about a vampire miner instead.
>>
>>43910128
Do note that undead, clerics of evil gods, and evil outsiders ping evil regardless of their alignment.
>>
Time to sneak silver dust into the bloodbags and collect the dying vampire husks for their valuable parts.
>>
>>43910262
Except for that reliance on blood and lethal allergy to sunlight.

But sure, it's a great package of benefits to the individual that's terrible for the larger society.
>>
File: 1392464054810.png (16 KB, 309x266) Image search: [Google]
1392464054810.png
16 KB, 309x266
SMITE!

AND!

CLEAVE!
>>
>>43910276
Not seeing anything on that last I'd be willing to let live.

If there's an Evil god of a potentially non-Evil activity, say the god of greed, get me a conventionally Neutral equivalent. No need for actually Greedy Evil clerics, I can tolerate a priest of Walmart.

Evil Outsiders? Smite and Cleave.

Undead? Vampires are a corner-case, but fuck no a Lich has got to go. Incidentally by campaign setting there are non-Evil Liches like Baelnorn, but surprise surprise Baelnorn don't ping as Evil.
>>
>>43909629
Nagaraja. You call them corpse eaters? Or ghouls? Stop dealing with them if you feel your city has too many beggars.
>>
>>43909683
Except they're not. They're perpetuating their own undead existence. If they cared about redemption, they'd scrounge up enough money to pay for a resurrection. Or, y'know, off themselves.
>>
>>43909490
You mean the bloodsuckers are... announcing the location of their base of operations? Christmas came early this year, it seems.

Several hours later, all this vampires are dead, along with the race-traitors who would enable their degenerate existences.
>>
Vampires do not have any form of conscience or any grasp on human morality.
Even if locally they are seemingly benevolent the chances are the means for them to act like this were achieved through thoroughly illegal and likely morally reprehensible acts so supporting them here will ruin lives elsewhere

or to put it simple SMITE AND CLEAVE
>>
poison their blood suply
lead garlic uranium neckbeard sweat and other toxic substances
>>
Rolled 2, 4 = 6 (2d6)

j
>>
>>43910445
and you have ensured that the only ones left in town to spread their progeny will be the ones that hide in sewers and kidnap people in the night

good job
>>
>>43910731
Leaving the public vampires alone doesn't obviate the existence of the skulkers; less vampires in town is still a net gain for everyone. Perhaps the creatures will get the message that their kind aren't welcome.
>>
>>43909490
>give money for thing
>donation
Uhhh...
>>
>>43909676
>Trouble is the selling of blood is illegal
You do realise this is fiction right?
>>
>>43909490
>>43910292
Deus vult.
>>
>>43909490
I'm imagining a "Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" sort of situation where someone wants to set up a modern hospital in a medieval setting and rather than explain it to people he just sets up a fake masquerade and gets them to give blood that way.
>>
>>43909570
The more I think about it, I like the LE/CG paring more and more. That's a rad as fuck combo.
>>
>>43909490
Actually why WOULDN'T vampires drink bought blood? They have a lot of talents they could be sharing in the world in the exchange for food. It's like if people were still insisting to steal honey from wild bees instead of breeding them. Both sides are happy!
>>
>>43914867
Holy shit... this idea is a lot of fun.
>>
Considering this would be a business type deal, I wonder how many paladins would get very far if they were to be banned from the premises. Sure they could rush the place, but they'd get in trouble with the law around the town.
>>
>>43910262
lmao nice try bloodnigger. get in the oven
>>
>>43909632

This amused me.
>>
>>43909490
Note they didn't say how much. One gold to be examguinated is a bit cheap.
>>
>>43909490
It's actually been a subplot in one book I read: modern fantasy-ish*, vampires congregated in New Orleans and set up full shebang with pompous courts and voluntary blood donations. Not even cash payback - vamp bites induce drug-like euphoria. The only thing cops could get at them is underage donors (they were very VERY careful to not make any lethal cases). They gathered proof through DNA sampling the vamp's bloodstream (anybody they bit will swim in there for about a week or two, all registered vamps submit to regular testing) as well as undercover cop vampire spotting the underage clientee of the vampire clubs.

*-ish because the setting on the whole is superheros. Superpowers manifest from your subconscious and plenty of people had wanted to be vampires. On the flipside, they can't make more vamps via draining.
Also the answer to "how does police forces vampires to obey regulations": they could call in a literal living spot of sunshine if the vampires think themselves too high and mighty.
>>
>>43909686
Clearly you're playing your paladins wrong, then.
>>
>>43922358

Sounds interesting, recall the title?
>>
>>43923636
Bite Me: Big Easy Nights.

It's part of Wearing the Cape series, focusing on a secondary character. Continuity wise it's set between first two books of the main series, but that plot is not much connected - you get the necessary backstory in the book itself.
>>
>>43923681

Much obliged!
>>
>>43923828
No problem!
>>
>>43910286
It's only terrible because the other Vampires are all assholes and refuse to cooperate with themselves. Some asshole always decides he wants to be head honcho, and thus erupts a Vampiric war that boils over into mortal affairs.

>>43920581
Jokes on you, I'm not IX Legion stock.
>>
>>43915085
I set up a setting once where at the beginning there was the LE and CG god who played with creation. the LE god put all the universe into its perfect motion and treated it much as a toy train model set while the CG god was more akin to a little sister who would come in and ruin things by introducing bits of chaos to the universe.

Eventually as most of these things end they couldn't get along with one another and drew a line between their realms. After the CG god introduced sentient beings into the LE gods perfectly orderly universe he got mad. So as his last act before leaving to basically his side of the multiverse he created the curse of time. Thus making sure that no matter how chaotic anything in the universe got it would always inevitably be restored to its perfect orderly state as he intended it to be.
>>
>>43909490
Don't go, it's a trap. They just want to see who has blood.
>>
Drain the vamps for superhuman abilities, then use them to kill the local paladins for arms and armor
>>
>>43910036
No. Bad.

If they ran deals like this, their business wouldn't be sustainable, as they'd gradually run out of donors. What would you do as a vampire, anyway? Live a quiet, peaceful existence, surviving on donated blood like them? I think not.
>>
>>43910237
>incompetent
>omnipotent
Pick one.
>>
>>43910194
>universally, demonstrably unnatural
So, all arcane magic, then?
>>
>>43910223
The fact that you hunt actively harmful monsters but forgive those genuinely trying to redeem themselves makes me smile.
>>
>>43910355
>fuck no a Lich has got to go
Never heard of a baelnorn lich?
>>
>>43910355
>I can tolerate a priest of Walmart.
You are too tolerant, you shall be the end of us all.
>>
>>43910445
If you're a paladin, and you're killing innocent humans who are trying to help monsters redeem themselves, for no other reason than that you don't approve, you'd better be ready to fall, motherfucker.
>>
>>43910536
>Vampires do not have any form of conscience or any grasp on human morality
Alright, fair point. Demon illness turns its hosts into sociopaths. (As well as moving corpses.)
First legitimate argument against red cross vampires beyond DEUS VULT.
But what about regular human sociopaths who are still able to function in human society? Isn't it podsible that, through a selfish desire for self-preservation, these vampires have realized that it's more beneficial to them to ask humans to willingly donate blood at their leisure, rather than hunting them violently, risking life and limb in the process, not to mention risking alerting local hunters? Being a sociopath doesn't necessarily prevent one from functioning in society without doing grievous harm to others.
>>
>>43910622
wat
>>
>>43910004
>>43909817

In my friends setting, Vampires often do a lot of work in the accounting industry, because they can work nights and their autism for figures and numbers (counting every grain of salt) makes them good at it. So Vampires are quite literally, usually tax collectors and auditors. Irony ensues.
>>
File: human-bite1.jpg (33 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
human-bite1.jpg
33 KB, 300x225
>>43922358
Why would you still bite people if you have access to convenient transfusion equipment for such things? That sounds like a lot of unnecessary pain. Have you seen human bite marks? Pic related. Not to mention you'd need to make a much bigger bite, ripping the damn thing open, if you wanted to get enough of a bloodflow going to drink from. Vampires from older myths did exactly that. The concept of vampires biting necks came from predatory animals like wolves ripping out the throats of their prey. Ouch. No thank yoy.
>>
>>43909715
>It's not like paladins punch every greedy merchant that pings as evil.
Actually that sounds like a fantastic business model for modern paladins. "Sit in on this contract negotiation and have Smite Evil prepared and ready to fire, and I'll give you fifty gold."
>>
>>43925304
This. The idea of vampires with needle like teeth that are just a prick and make you feel ecstacy are Anne Rice and World of Darkness modern bullshit. Bram Stokers Dracula arguably did it, but only when he wanted to go undiscovered as long as possible and collect more bitches.
>>
>>43924969
Yes. Based lawful evil god of entropy.
>>
>>43925317
Insufficient data to reply at this time.
>>
>>43910355>>43925222
I shouldn't reply to posts before I finish reading them. Apologies for my supreme retardation.
>>
>>43925304
>That sounds like a lot of unnecessary pain.
Vampire bite induces drug like state, addicts WANT to get bitten.

>Have you seen human bite marks?
They do it through two neat little holes which quickly heal.

Their bites are part of their supernatual parcel of abilities, there's a lot of handwavium riding on that. (Including the capacity to bite through bulletproof skin some people have.)

Demanding vampire bites to be realistic human bites is like getting "where does the mass go?!" when they turn to mist or into a bat.
>>
>>43925353
>They do it through two neat little holes which
The problem is, you wouldn't be able to create enough bloodflow through such tiny holes for a vampire to drink. Besides, myths of vampires violently ripping throats open not only exist, but far predate myths in which they don't.
>"where does the mass go?!"
Into a pocket dimension inside of their soul, presumably.
>>
>>43925385
>Besides, myths of vampires violently ripping throats open not only exist, but far predate myths in which they don't.
Yeah, sure.

But in the book I was talking about, the myth of glamour vampires is more prevalent and resulted in more people getting that set.
There are, of course, variations. There likely ARE vampires that are throat-ripper rather than bodice-ripper out there, but they would be rarer and won't congregate into the arrangement related to what thread OP describes.

(The book actually brings that up - werewolves are often shackled with "mad bestial transformation under full moon" clause, but one character comes from tradition that treats them as protectors rather than ravaging monsters, so he keeps his wits with him when transformed.)
>>
>>43910407
Because that anon thinks someone being immortal would be good.
>>
>>43925439
>throat-ripper rather than bodice-ripper
>bodice-ripper
Made me laugh inside.
>>
>>43909629
Black company is a good book.
>>
>>43925497
It's a pretty common term for trashy romance novels. Did you somehow never encounter it before?
>>
>>43909676
>creatures that can affect the will of individuals
Still less effective than advertising.

Why do you think people spend so much on ads, because it doesn't work?
>>
>>43909490
I had a character that was basically a supernatural middle man. Some dude was sick and couldn't afford medicine, so I connected him with a vampire, wrote up a contract for supplying the vampire with blood once a week without taking him below a specified level of blood, for four months. The vampire in turn covered the cost of the medicine that I had plus some living expenses. I got a cut for arranging the deal and keeping both parties calm enough to sit down at the table and discuss this. The contract was enforced through magic, the vampire was literally incapable of killing the old man and vice versa.

I poisoned the old man in the first place, so I could arrange this deal, and not even for the money but because I now had inside knowledge of the vampire's schedule, and used that to rob the vampire of some relic that I needed for a ritual.
>>
>>43911068
>Perhaps the creatures will get the message that their kind aren't welcome.
This is like the terrorists who thought if they did more damage in 9/11, America would have gone "Too rich for my blood, I give up."
>>
>>43909490
The blood of the poor is useless. Once you screen out alcoholics, junkies, anyone with an std and people who just have an unhealthy lifestyle, you're not left with a lot of good donors. It's why blood is valuable in the first place, because it's so hard to find a person in perfect health to take it from.
>>
>>43925716
Your point?
>>
>>43909652
>That jaywalker just pinged as evil, MURDER HIM!
>>
>>43925739
If he pings as evil it means he's doing far more shit than jaywalking.
It's the "capone tax evasion" thing.
>>
>>43909694
>Immortal plutocrats buying influence over the peasantry is a sure recipe for waking up in "Sylvanian" state.
Explain to me how this is worse than business men giving their kids their inheritance?
>>
>>43925755
It's not, which is why inheritances should be taxed at like 90%.
>>
>>43925780
Gonna enjoy govenrment being handed massively unprofitable properties while everything actually good is passed on discreetly.
>>
>>43910355
>a potentially non-Evil activity,... greed,

Greed is ALWAYS evil.
>>
>>43925805
>Governments can't detect fraud.

Lets be honest, they are TOO good at detecting this kind of shit, they just tend to take a cut rather than stopping it.
>>
>>43925805
No, I mean zero loopholes, the government gets 90% of whatever you have and 90% of whatever you've invested in the minute you kick the bucket. No sneaky trusts, no nothing.
>>
File: 1446213671443.jpg (35 KB, 248x348) Image search: [Google]
1446213671443.jpg
35 KB, 248x348
>>43925752
>If he pings as evil it means he's doing far more shit than jaywalking.
>Implying jaywalking isn't evil.
>>
>>43925825
Setting the tax rate at 90% prevents that sort of misbehavior because they gain more by enforcing the law as written.
>>
>>43925842
Lawful neutral a best.
>>
>>43925780
Hello fellow redditor. Are you voting for Bernie too? :)
>>
>>43925850
Probably, unless he withdraws from the race before my state's late-ass primary.
>>
>>43925850
>Fuck this guy based on who he is rather than take issue with anything he has done.

You are what is wrong with democracy.
>>
>>43925291
Actually sounds awesome. Coffee mug full of O negative? 9/10 would play.
>>
>>43925673
God damn. I want to play the kinds of games you play.
>>
>>43925716
Vampires are immune to disease anyhow, (they're undead; at worst they'll become carriers of it) so they don't cate who they get their blood from.
>>
>>43909686
You do know that's the only way /tg/ plays paladins, right?

There has been entire 200+ reply threads where everyone is having a round table wank while screaming 'Deus Vult' at each other.
>>
>gays with AIDs donate their gay curse blood
>vampires now all have AIDs
>everyone wins
>>
So they're paying people to willingly give them the blood they need to survive. That's all they're doing? I see no problem here. Might even donate if I feel the need for some extra coin in my pocket.
>>
>>43926691
and where do they get that money?
I don't see vampires holding a day-job any time soon

Its like building a mansion for a drug lord, even if he pays you money for honest work, you're still supporting a man who's responsible for hundreds or maybe thousands of deaths yearly and a major player in a most certainly highly illegal activity.
>>
File: 1435171788592.png (204 KB, 455x633) Image search: [Google]
1435171788592.png
204 KB, 455x633
Do I get paid extra for offering to be fed on fresh from the source?
>>
>>43926710
>where does someone who's been alive for thousands of years get money

Please, calm your druglord conspiracy theory bullshit. They could pay for blood just with interest.
>>
>>43926727
a living corpse that can only emulate human emotions at best is just going to sit on its arse for hundreds of years slowly getting wealthier in the hopes someone in the future invents a way for him to get blood without needing to attack humans?
>>
>>43910128
I have a question for you /tg/.

Does Detect Evil require a warrant as per the 4th Amendment of the Constitution?
>>
>>43926762
The form of their vampirism, as well as the cause, as well as any impact it has on their emotion or not varies wildly from system to system.

And most of them have a lust for power and dominion, so yes. If I became a vampire I wouldn't start zipping around like an edgelord with sunglasses and katanas and become a super criminal. Why bother? You could literally just bank money and set it in a high interest account and sleep.
>>
>>43909490
There is literally a Kindred Hospital in the downtown district of my city. I never see any patients. I've no idea what they do there, only assumptions.
>>
File: 1zlr96u.png (631 KB, 1280x1041) Image search: [Google]
1zlr96u.png
631 KB, 1280x1041
>>43924969
That's when the God of Dickbaggary comes in.
>>
>>43926588
It ended because everyone was afraid of two fucking inches of snow.
>>
>>43926727
>interest
>Money they gained without working.

That should be illegal.
>>
>>43928849
Do you understand what a bank... is? Interest is not magically awarded out of nowhere, banks choose to reward people who store their money with them because they use that money to take risks to earn more money.
Interest is getting paid for the service of letting the bank use your money to do their stuff.
>>
>>43928936
>Do you understand what a bank... is?
Evil.
>>
>>43909490
As long as it's clean, fuck yeah, gold is worth a shitload of money now days.
>>
File: 547625725236.jpg (50 KB, 482x328) Image search: [Google]
547625725236.jpg
50 KB, 482x328
>>43928936
>take risks
Does it still count if they get bailed out of the mess they caused?
>>
File: wl456435626.jpg (39 KB, 421x453) Image search: [Google]
wl456435626.jpg
39 KB, 421x453
>>43928936
>banks

DETECT AND SMITE!
>>
>>43929005
The merchant who sells man a rope has no guilt if the man hangs himself on it.
>>
>>43929077
No but he does have guilt if his rope selling business fucks the economy and in the process himself, so he bribes officials to give him the money from his victims.

You know, like a bank.
>>
>>43929077
You have no idea how the bailouts worked, do you?
>>
>>43909490
This is what I think would happen if vampires became an actual thing in society.

I actually wanted to write a novel for some time about this sort of context. 2 sibling vampires, one becoming a socialite and campaigning for more vampire support, the other becoming a rebel figure underground. The world would have all sorts of groups both for and against the habilitation of vampires.

I never wrote it in the end because it would probably be shit and I don't have enough time. Such is life.
>>
>>43929077
Then why do we arrest meth dealers?
>>
>>43925237

> killing innocent humans who are trying to help monsters redeem themselves

evil deeds done with good intentions, are still evil deeds
>>
>>43928936
But muh wealth redistribution! :(
>>
>>43929323
Because its illegal to make and sell meth.
>>
>>43929323
Because selling people stuff that kills them too fast is bad for country budget and thus illegal.
Booze and tabacco, on the other hand, bring heaps of tax money, so that's okay.
>>
File: BqmS34vCYAAbbx0.jpg (19 KB, 482x346) Image search: [Google]
BqmS34vCYAAbbx0.jpg
19 KB, 482x346
>>43926710
I don't know and don't need to know where the money is coming from. They have money, I have blood. That's as far as my involvment goes.
>>
>>43926660
Read
>>43926600
>>
>>43926773
Holy shit, something that actually poses a dilemna to "lawful good" paladins.
>>
>>43929670
>wealth redistribution

Aka a bank.
>>
>>43909490
Azmando Matrix Defense Force please go and stay go.
>>
>>43926773

No, but since the spell isn't Detect Criminal Intent, it wouldn't fall under justification for a Terry stop, either. Being evil doesn't mean you just committed or are going to commit a crime. And even just being in a high crime area isn't enough justification by itself to stop and frisk.

#evillivesmatter
>>
>>43925831
Then people would just give there stuff away to their children before they die, rather than writing it into a will. Good job, you solved nothing.
>>
>>43925173
Just because you can do anything, that doesn't mean you choose to do smart things.
>>
>>43925173
>Pick one.
Yahweh?
>>
>>43925841
Jaywalking is only illegal because stupidity can't be. Look both ways before you cross, don't try to cross a highway-- use your fucking head and there's nothing wrong with jaywalking. It's idiots who try to stroll across three lanes of traffic that are being criminal, and to allow the impersonal law to deal with that kind of thing you have to forbid the whole activity, since the law cannot care about circumstance.

A reasonable cop - or paladin - isn't going to get on your case for crossing a quiet residential street, nor should he.
>>
>>43925530
It's almost like he doesn't read shitty romance novels.
>>
>>43931907
Yeah, but surely he had a grandmother.
>>
>>43929225
They worked?
>>
>>43932116
>Rich assholes got a ton of our money.

Yeah, it did work.
>>
File: 1434476610789.jpg (42 KB, 501x572) Image search: [Google]
1434476610789.jpg
42 KB, 501x572
>>43926773
"Evil" in D&D is a meaningless buzzword. Ask a paladin why someone is evil and they'll say "M-muh magic told me so!!!!"

And what, we're supposed to just agree with whatever indeterminable ethics that your spell is based on?

Fuck that, fuck you, stop playing a shit game.
>>
>>43926710
>I don't see vampires holding a day-job

Of course not.

They hold nights-obs
>>
File: aged beard.jpg (65 KB, 600x801) Image search: [Google]
aged beard.jpg
65 KB, 600x801
>>43914867
rad
>>
>>43909738
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.