[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DEGENESIS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: dg004.jpg (389 KB, 1435x570) Image search: [Google]
dg004.jpg
389 KB, 1435x570
So... They gifted me a degenesis copy.
Tell me about the game. Do you like it?
>>
>>43907144
Is there a pdf somewhere?
>>
>>43907144
>Africa's symbol is valknut

que?
>>
>>43907303
>it's not
>BBECAUSE I HATE LE D&D!

Prove it's bad.

You can't. Like you can't prove degeshitisis isn't crap
>>
>>43907276
>Play kraut game
>Okay so I go to the bar and drink mead and eat, like a roast
>Nein. Beer, wurst und pretzel ONLY.
>O-ok. I get that
>Roll for ze poop
>What.
>ROLL FOR ZE POOP.
>Roll for consistency, length and aroma
>Spend 60 minutes on this
>Deine character needs more sauerkraut anons.
>>
>>43907313
Ome Ring, Numenera, The Strange, Mouse Guard are only few games better than dnd 5th.
Dnd 5th = unbalanced, poor designed classes, the system is totally crap( dnd 4th was a lot better).
>>
>>43907144
OH HAY AN ACTUAL POST IN THIS THREAD ACTUALLY ABOUT THE GAME.

What do you mean "gifted me a degenesis copy"?

Also, I like the game a lot and I am currently pitching it to my group, so far I managed to turn 2 out of 4, wish me luck.
>>
>>43907366
>4e
>Good
Opinion #trashed
>>
>>43907369
I pitched it to one guy by going "The game has basically close-to-modern-day Tech Priests", refering to the Chroniclers, and he ate that shit up. As far as I can tell, he won't be disappointed.
>>
I'm kinda sad about the shitposting in this thread since my fellow countryman does the drawings for the game.

I like the idea behind the game and I'm obviously biased since there's both an ethnicbro working on it and a believable parody of my culture in it.
>>
>>43907421
Fight the shitposting sickness, post about the game.

What's your favourite part of the game so far?
>>
>>43907421
It's just MYFAROG 2.0 m8, nobody has ever posted any rules or pdfs about it.

Why doesn't he change the fucking language anyways?
>>
>>43907267
Actually the original version of this game is German.
Not that your opinions on race are even with considering obviously; like the good american you are, you probably believe that touching a genetics textbook makes you impure to the God of the Jews or something.
>>
>>43907437
>>43907390
I've got the English version of the original (not Rebirth).
>>
>>43907477
Post it.
>>
>>43907484
70 MB. Uploading it elsewhere right now.
>>
>>43907490
>>43907484
http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1448888722
>>
>>43907398
>D&D5E is the best game of the last 10 years
>opinion trashed
Yeah.
DnD 4th was better designed. WotC tried something news fucking players shit all over the game.
>>
File: The mad man!.png (371 KB, 657x481) Image search: [Google]
The mad man!.png
371 KB, 657x481
>>43907496
He actually did!
>>
>>43907504
>DnD 4th was better designed
Yeah....
No.
>>
>>43907428
Well, the lore and that it tries to enforce roleplaying that is according to the world of the setting instead of being 'kek I have a humanist outlook on everything despite hailing from a society that believes that might makes right and eats babies'.

I can't say much about the mechanics of it since I'm just a newb player in general so I can't really compare it with anything. Who knows, maybe it is shit like others say, but sometimes, I'd rather play a shitty video game gameplay-wise with interesting characters and story than a game with superb gameplay that lacks substance. Sue me for it.
>>
>>43907504
>good design
>D&D
>>
>>43907508
>>43907517
DnD 5th has the same problems as dnd 3rd. If i want to play dnd i m gonna play 3.x or pf.
>>
>>43907538
>If i want to play dnd i m gonna play 3.x or pf.
You could also play a quality edition, like 2e.
>>
So does the gane deserve at least one reading or not?
>>
>>43907552
I don t have.
And always avoid dnd if i am the DM.
>>
>>43907512
I agree, it does seem to really try to show how to fit into this world and doesn't pull any punches.

>>43907553
It's very well-written, I would recommend reading it. There's a lot to read, what with two full-size books worth of text in it.
>>
>>43907559
>I don t have.
You have the internet. You know, that thing where you can find many RPGs for free?
>>
>>43907538
>4e
>3.x
>PF

You're choosing the worst versions of D&D. Give a shot to older editions, you're missing out some neat stuff.
>>
>>43907574
>i playex ut when u was 10/11.
What in the fuck are you saying lad?

> I m scaried by my players.
Jesus fuck, this isn't English.
>>
The acid in this thread is almost hard to believe. Some of you fags need to go back to /b/ so you can shitpost with the rest of the autists.
>>
>>43907586
Ignore them, they'll go away.
>>
>>43907366
>numenera, 4e

Equally stupid counterpoints just lend weight to already stupid original points, you shouldn't have even spoken.
>>
>>43907591
>numenera worst than 5th
you shouldn't have even spoken.
>>
>>43907591
>>43907597
Fuck off and talk about it in another thread.
>>
>>43907564
How about the system?
>>
>>43907602
The system feels very light and easy, yet involving enough to stay relevant. It's simple in that you take your Attribute and a Skill, add them together and roll that many d6's, and ever 4+ is a Success, every Nat 6 is a "Trigger" which can trigger good things. In skill tests they affect the quality of the result, in combat they add extra damage and in initiative it adds extra actions.

Game also has combined rolls like, AGILITY+STEALTH -> BODY+MELEE becomes a wicked stealth attach.
>>
>>43907616
Attack*, jesus christ.
>>
>>43907144
>gifted me a copy

pdf or the book? (if its german, could u upload it?)
>>
>>43907601
I just want to know about degenesis. People come shitiposting
>>
>>43907623
Book. English.
>>
>>43907616
Seems cool to. I always prefer simple system
>>
>>43907638
Why did you get a copy?
Why can't I have people give me stuff?
;_;
>>
>>43907644
Yea, I discussed it with a friend, how more and more games nowadays seem to go away from the previously popular percentile system to go back to D6's and more simple, more narrative systems. I for one support this notion, even if some of my favourite games are d100's (like Dark Heresy for example).
>>
>>43907661
Me and my frieds always prefer narrative games over crunch ones
>>
Difference(s) between Rebirth and the original?
>>
>>43907786
it's what i want to know
>>
The game is so fucking awesome. The rules are... okay. You can play with them, nothing exceptional but good enough to get the job done.
Now the real awesomeness lies in the amount of work thats been put into the world. Not just the art, but the whole metaplot. There is so much interlocking things with the cults, the marauders, Getrell and his Recombination group etc. The makers did quite the research on memetics, biology, sounds and waves to form this giant net of causalities that is slowly uncovered by the fans and the official data on the website.
For those of you who don't mind getting into GM info, there's an audio transmition from an ingame artifact that's been in the latest official adventure in the download section of their website.
>>
>>43907786
>>43907824
The plot has been advanced by 10 years, the rules are now actually playable and the almost-mandatory hate between the cults has been smothered to playable degree
>>
>>43907825
that seems cool. great metaplot = great game
>>
File: ruby.rod.png (532 KB, 486x745) Image search: [Google]
ruby.rod.png
532 KB, 486x745
>>43907144
I came in this thread because I was genuinly interested in it and also wanted to find out about it. I think it looks pretty neat and from my skim over their website, they do a lot of things right.

But it looks like it would be hard to find a group to play this with judging from the reactions of all the autists in this thread.
>>
>>43907144
>Balkan
>The guy representing my homeland is a fucking douchebag/cocalar

Just fuck my shit up senpai.
>>
>>43907835

Tl;dr of plot?
>>
>>43907851
no one of my freinds want to dm, so i m the only one DM in the group, so i decide what the fuck we are gonna play.
>>
>>43907869
And if they up and leave?
>>
>>43907887
AHSAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>43907919
That sounds like a Fascist level of group dynamic. I'm impressed. How did you pull that off?
>>
>>43907947
>Fascist
>EBERYTHING TOTALITARIAN OR AUTHORITARIAN IS FASCIST AMIRITE XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Fuck off retard
>>
>>43907947
they want play, the want not dm , i don't like Dm, but i dm for playing something. Can i choose what i want to dm? If the y want playing something else, they can dm.
>>
>>43907832
They seem to be quite meh/shit.
>>
>>43907857
>Hybrispania
>THE FIELDS OF DEATH

We catholic kings nao.
>>
>>43907974
I thought English was, like, mandatory in Europe high schools.
>>
>>43907832

>>43907602
>>43907616
>>43907644
>>43907661
>>43907702

>hurf durf
>>
>>43907864
In 2074 (the world was at a very shadowrunny state) a meteor crashed into Europe and eradicated most of the life. What followed was a typical end-time, called "age of the animal".
Fast forward 500 years. The world experiences another ice age, Civilisation in Europe is on average at a medieval tech standart. The most influencial organisations are the Cults.
Africa is gaining power, the new climate zones transformed the Sahara into a verdant grassland.
The meteorite brought an alien substance called the Primer, which has formed a symbioses with fungi and restarts the evolutionary motor. Humans infected by the spores are slowly eaten from the inside, except unborn childs. They are born as Homo Degenesis, a being with supernatural powers that is trying to kick Sapiens from the peak of the food chain.

Thats the short form, theres so much more going on but I don't want to write everything down. Check out their website, most of the relevant stuff is there.
>>
>>43908006
what are other cultures?
>>
>>43907825
Yea, I wanna know more about this Recombination Group, who the fuck are they? A picture of a document in the book is apparently written from a city in Sweden (which is fascinating since I am a Swede), and with their involvement with the Palers.. What's up with them?
>>
>>43908050
The whole spore forests and fungi shit really reminds me of Nausicae and the Valley of the Winds, is that fairly accurate?
>>
>>43908050
What about the Svarlbard Seed Vault?
>>
>>43908050

Thanks, Might look into it, seeing as the chucklefucks in the thread, other than you, are being pretty unhelpful.
>>
>>43908052
No, the world is now ash.
>>
File: 1434239183421.jpg (45 KB, 407x407) Image search: [Google]
1434239183421.jpg
45 KB, 407x407
>>43907580
>comes into thread based around a german game
>bitch that someone in the thread doesn't have english as their first language
>>
>>43908090
Assuming that the poster was over 18 and German there is no way someone's english could be so shitty.
>>
>>43908090
His english is spanish tier.

Me and the other spanish anon can tell you about it and nothing good.
>>
>>43908090
>comes onto an English board
>defends someone posting incomprehensible gibberish
It'd be fine it they posted in German, can just run that shit through GTranslate, but why even attempt English if you know you're going to fuck it up?
>>
who is playing the game?
>>
>>43908145
I will, soon, hopefully.
>>
>>43907144
Is the girl with the crossbow supposed to look like Jon Snow?
>>
>>43908162
I think that's your imagination, anon.
>>
>>43908157
i need advices for writing a campaign
>>
>>43908183
Well I don't know the setting 100% (haven't had time to finish reading with upcoming christmas shit) but I'm a fairly veteran GM so what can I do to help?
>>
>mfw this game tries to pass the moors as good
>>
>>43908056
The Recombination Group is comparable to Vault Tech from fallout.
Sometimes in the 2050 a new strain of HIV (called HIV-E) killed pretty much all of africa. The Recombination Group (who, as far as I'm concerned, engineered the desease in the first place) offered a cure in the form of medical nanites. This made them instant famous (and rich). Wilhelm Getrell, the CEO, used his new rescources to gather scientist from all over the world, ranging from biologists to sociocybernetics, all while making experiments on social media. When the meteorite was sighted, the RG began with the construction of bunkers as well as an army of satelites that should stop it. The satelites did absolutely nothing (most likely his intention), so Getrell sent a bunch of soldiers and psychatrists into cryostasis in the bunkers so they could come out every 100 years to guide civilisation one step further.
>>
>>43908197
just general suggestions, i never played degenesis first.
At first i need some advices for my players during character creation. Are some skills must have?
Because i m thinking to play in thy blood, but for waiting i want to play something to lead my players in the world.
>>
File: Nanomachines.jpg (42 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
Nanomachines.jpg
42 KB, 500x419
>>43908236
Another factor are the Marauders. Those are scientists that left the recombination group because they felt cheated by getrell or something (the forums haven't found a why to this date). What we know is that they are using nanites to increase their lifespan and that they're harvesting those nanites from the sleepers of the RG.
>>
Here in Italy we are surprised by the Purgare race because "purgare" means "to purge" ("purify" but also "give a laxative") in italian.
Do you know where this particular name comes from?
>>
>>43908236
So Vault-Tec meets Harri Seldon.

I can dig.
>>
>>43908257
The significance of skills is just important for the rank that the characters will have in their cults. Other than that: Just do what you want. Seriously, if you wan't to play some rich Neolybians just chillin in their palaces and doing finances or politics, just do it. Want to play treasure hunters in search for technological artifacts? Nobody stops you. Seeking to start a crusade to purge the filthy mutants of Terras face? Allready running, just tag along.

As for starting advice, it could be good to start as a group of normal people. That way you can show them the world, the life and the influence of the cults. Later you can let them join one or make new characters, but it's important that they get a sense of the setting.
>>
I am getting tired of threads that do not deliver. I am interested in the game and seeing the new stuff in Rebirth, but I can't do a damn thing without an English pdf.
>>
>>43908334
is better for the players to share the same cult, or in a group the players can belong to different cults?
>>
>>43907144
This bait is destined to attract shit posts....

But let's answer as objectivly as possible.
The creators are, for the most parts, designers & artists, so you have a GREAT visualization of the world, so all players tend to play more "on the same page" than in other settings.
The atmosphere of the setting is very depressive. It's not just typical "apocalypse fucked us up" but more like "apocalypse fucked us, now we'll get even more fucked by badass supernaturals". Therefore it wouldn't be unreasonable to say it's kinda grimdark... and *really* serious definitly.
The setting tends to be quite clear cut. Some may like it for being detailed, but I think you have to breach the rules of the setting more often (compared to other systems) when you want to experience something outside of it's dark mood.
I suppose the high level of detail is also the reason why they focused on europe & africa and basically said "everywhere else is ice age". Even though it's not very logical to not have any landscapes in asia and middle america where humans could have survived. Would have been better to say "nobody in europe knows what's going on over there". Would have left room for expansions. I'm still reading on the fluff, so maybe I've missed something until now, but that's what I know about until now.
I havn't studied the rules yet, all I can say is, that the guys from Ulisses (german distributor, and mostly responsible for the rules) threw out the old ones completly and took what works well (Shadowrun) and modified it.
>>
>>43908342
->
>>43907496
>>
>>43908106
>Assuming that the poster was over 18 and German there is no way someone's english could be so shitty.

Fun fact, in the European countries where they tend to dub everything, like Germany, France etc, where there's enough people that they have their own native speaking internet communities and their own servers in games, even young people generally speak really shitty English.

If you go to the tiny countries population vise, like Norway or Sweden for instance, they've all grown up with subtitled american and british TV and movies and are expected to make do with textbooks in English past grade 10, and most people in their thirties and below speak it really well.
>>
>>43908381
That's the old version.

>>43908385
Isn't English mandatory in German high schools?
>>
>>43908316
Yeah. Getrell is sitting somewhere on a spaciship and feeding of some nanopaste. That guy is responsible for most of the shit. Seriously, this guy has directly influenced or at least predicted most of the cults that are in power:
The Palers are descendents of the caretakers in the bunkers, the Apocalyptics are the result of his internet experiments, the chroniclers stem from a bunch of nerds who tried to revive the stream after the apocalypse, and the list goes on. Even the fact that the sleeper cascades are partially malfunctioning. Has been calculated by him. Heck, even Jehammed was most likely one of his sociocybernetics.

Just as planned...
>>
>>43908236
>so Getrell sent a bunch of soldiers and psychatrists into cryostasis in the bunkers so they could come out every 100 years to guide civilisation one step further.

These are the Sleepers that the Palers care for, right?
>>
>>43908395
>Isn't English mandatory in German high schools?

Of course it is, but how much do you really learn just from school?

People who use it outside of school will generally be way more fluent and have better vocabularies. Reading books, playing video games and watching TV in English counts for a lot more than snoozing your way through English class.
>>
>>43908447
i cant write and speak good english but i can understand it very well.
WHY?
>>
>>43908371
Everything goes, as long as GM and players get along. If all players come from the same cult it's easier to give them a common objective, but a mixed group can be super fun and deliver a lot to experience.
>>
>>43907786
There was a German review posted here a couple of threads ago. The main difference is that the Cults don't hate each other that much any more. The system is sleeker and well playable. Fluff-wise Clans are more important, especially with Praha republic destroyed by Chernobog and his clanner armies.
>>
>>43908474
>>43908371

From what I've read, several cults seem to live in unison somewhat and aid each other, such as the Spitalians, Judges, Chroniclers and Scrappers. Same with the Neolibyans, Scourgers, Anubians and.. Well, scrappers.

Clanners of all variety seem to go along with most major Cults, being "little people".
>>
>>43907851
(btw, the shitposter is exactly one person haunting these threads since forever. This thread just so happens to have more newfriends, so they bother answering him, thus keeping the shitfaced ferret in the thread)
>>
>>43908441
Yep, and by now they see the Sleepers as their gods that will one day awaken and reclaim the world for themselves and their followers. As a result they turned into a bunch of arrogant pricks who think that the world belongs to them.

>>43908447
This so much. There are so many people in my class that suck in English because our teacher chose the wrong job. Our next exam is on thursday, and I have to come to 4chan to practice.
>>
>>43908492
Eyup. Everyone who isn't in a Cult is a clanner. This includes the barbarians of the wasteland as well as the farmer next to you.
By now most of the cults are getting along quite good, either by choice or because they will be shredded to pieces by the Clans if they don't.
>>
do you have any campaigns to share?
>>
>>43908550
Yea, I got that impression as well, especially with how hungry the Cockroach clan and so are for revenge after the fall of Praha and the whole "oh, you can actually kill them, they're not invulnerable and untouchable after all..."
>>
>>43908550

i recall the last thread had some info about the bigger clans. The Enemoi sounded really cool, definitely want to try out a character from them if I can ever run or play this.
>>
>>43908700
There's also these, they look absolutely boss. I mean seriously, Mammoth herders? Hell yes.
>>
File: psychokinetic_storm.png (1 MB, 1073x745) Image search: [Google]
psychokinetic_storm.png
1 MB, 1073x745
>>43908373
I would say that the game is as grimdark as you want it to be. Sure, humanity has a hard time, and there are some pretty scary thing out there...
>>
I read most of the fluff in the book, and damn, my only concern is inability to play in other regions/characters from other regions. Like, come on now, I want to play some goddamn post-apocalyptic tehnovikings.
>>
File: Childhood.png (948 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
Childhood.png
948 KB, 1024x724
>>43908738
But the meteorite was called an Eshaton, not an Apocalypse, because it was a new beginning.
>>
>>43908745
>my only concern is inability to play in other regions/characters from other regions.

Explain your concern.
>>
>>43908767
What's there to explain? I want to play some Russians, Norwegians, Turks, Chinese, and whatever the fuck else is there. As of now, the setting explicitly states that everything except Europe and Africa is ded and buried. Wouldn't it be better if it at least stated that those lands are unknown, and there's just no contact with them?
>>
>>43908745
Yea, the downside of detailed settings is that you'll have a hard time if you want to add something new.
Though technovikings shouldn't be a problem. You could simply build a clan that lives on the coast of Briton/Franka and raids other people. Thanks to the ice age you'll have all the snow you need.
>>
>>43908605
pls
>>
>>43908795
>>43908801
Kind of what he said. You could just make shit up. The Clan section of the cults has details for making your own Clan, so there's that. Or just make up something like there being a tribe of Russian tundra raiders living in the unknown regions of that huge spore field east of Pollen, and no one just knows about them and they somehow manage to show up.

Come to think of it, what happened to America and so?
>>
>>43908795
My interpretation is that it's dead and burried from the view of the europeans. If you want to add something over there go ahead. Your only problem is that you won't benefit from the official supplements and the plot, thus making it a more or less generic post apoc game.

And if I'm not mistaken, the book Black Atlantic will thematise an expedition to the americas
>>
>>43908795
So you want to bring modern cultural identity into a game about post apocalyptic cultural identity? Great plan!

You must be one of those people who want to play a medieval minority with a modern understanding of equality in fantasy settings.
>>
>>43907390
>Made by subhumans
Since when Spaniards are black?
>>
>>43908891
Come on, m8, I just want to play some other regions. If they make anything but empty craters out of them, that would be fine by me. Not to say I dislike the presented regions and nations, of course.

And who says that some part of modern identity wouldn't be present after the meteors fall? Europe returned to Gnostic cults, for god's sake. Why can't there be some pagan vikings or something?
>>
Espera un momento, ¿Es un juego Español? Es la primera noticia que tengo.
>>
>>43908994
No es español, sino alemán, pero al parecer está traducido. Lo cual es bueno, supongo.
>>
>>43908978
Nobody is stopping you from playing pagan vikings. Just make a new clan. And you can play in Asia and Amazonia if you want, you just have to show some initiative and find a solution with your GM. But expecting sixmorevodka to do that for you is like sending a demand for another galaxy to George Lukas. He won't do it for you, because his fokus is elsewhere.
>>
>>43908994
No, solo los dibujos lo son, por alguna razon el artista los ha hecho tambien en español.

Igual creo que ha metio mano, que ambos sabemos que en españa solo hacemos dos juegos anime y guerra civil/moros, y esto trae moros.
>>
>>43908978
Yeah, sure. Let's have constructs and ninjas in DnD. Let's have magic be a central theme in our scifi. Let's Shadowrun! Throw it all together, no need to understand a setting, just change it to fit your expectations. Take it to the extreme and you NEVER have to read anything.
>>
>>43909076
>Let's have constructs and ninjas in DnD.
Bad example man.
>>
Are the psychovores a product of the primer or are they a defense mechanism from the Anubis Syndicate? The book says they come from the primer, but why are they growing in geometrical shapes and why do they get deadlier if you close the distance to Cairo? The white stuff from the canopies of the Anubians clearly establishes a connection to nanites.
>>
>>43908310
A quote from the forum by one of the devs.

"In game terms it relates to several things. Italy has been scorched and ravaged by volcanic eruptions and avalanches along the west coast, making that area uninhabitable. On the other hand, the eastern part of Italy has become somewhat of a holy land, leading the inhabitants into rich acres of golden wheat fields and fertile soil."

Basically, you crusaders again.
>>
>>43909076
>Let's have constructs and ninjas in DnD.

Are you from a distant past, traveler?
>>
>>43909434
Very distant. 1e's Oriental Adventures is from '85.
>>
What the fuck is this tidalwave of shitposting?

How is this a "meme game" and what is a meme game in the first place, or magical realmy?
>>
>>43909559
Because spics
>>
>>43909076
Constructs have existed in dnd since forever. Including sci-fi robots. Wtf are you talking about
>>
>>43909582
CHRISTIAN GÜNTHER & MARKO DJURDJEVIC

Sure sounds like mexicans amigo.

So any actual description you can give why the game is bad?
>>
>>43909633
Cristian Gomez y Marcos Domingez.

>IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.
>>
>>43909633
Degenesis is bad because it doesn't cater to a US market. There's powerful Africans, vault people are absolute losers, and the severe lack of firearms is totally unrealistic! Rugged individualists die like flies in Degenesis, and that has to be wrong on some basic level, it just has to.

The setting completely fails to serve up common tropes in an expected way and instead subverts or reinforces them according to its own onner logic. It is sacrilege. Decades of self aggrandizing Hollywood story structure must not be ignored.

To challenge the player to conceptualize a world of limited information and simple pressing need, including all the social implications, is just too much to expect. Players want to play simple heroes with special snowflake gimmicks, not torn souls in a world without answers. Here's your experience and loot for the dungeon, which magic items do you want to buy?
>>
>All these anti-conquistador racism
Dudes, Anima is awesome, why the butthurt?
>>
>>43909685
>Cristian Gomez
>Not Cristián Gómez
>Marcos Domigez
>Not Marcós Domíngüez
Nice try, 'merrifat.
>>
>>43910078
FFG fucked up Anima pretty bad.
>>
>>43908924
Since Moors and Al-Andalus
>>
>>43907193
go back to playing rips of d20, anglobitch
>>
>>43910078
Anima is only awesome if you can into Spanish.
>>
>>43910138
So only half Spain
>>
>>43910098
Me da palo poner acentos senpai
>>
>>43910138
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trBxPFLq__g
>>
>>43910078
Moros got butthurt.

Reconquista 2: now more guerrilla incoming.

¡Santiago y cierra Hybrispania!
>>
>>43907193
Isn't Degenisis a German game being translated though? It's set in post apocalyptic europe...
>>
>>43910519
Well it's already translated, but that's details. Also, it's a shitposter, why do you even care to reply?
>>
Is it available in PDF form, or just hard copy?
>>
>>43910632
PDF is incoming, there's already a German edition but English should be out this week hopefully.
>>
>>43910661
>>43910632
Already out, see the thread
>>
>>43910675
What? Where? I only saw someone posting the first edition pdf.
>>
>>43910661
PDF was released today
>>
>>43910695
Gief link, I'm not even kidding. Can't see it in the shop.
>>
>>43910700
I just checked again, you're right, it's not there. Strange, the makers mentioned on friday that the release would be monday
>>
>>43910848
Don't tease me like that ;__;
>>
>>43910865
I played the Rebirth in June. A convoy mission, when Fury Road was still hip.
>>
>>43910865
I honestly thought it would be out by now. Maybe they ment next week? Would be weird though. Maybe later today.
>>
File: Marko.png (5 KB, 416x55) Image search: [Google]
Marko.png
5 KB, 416x55
>>43910891
From what I heard was "next week", last week, and it's just monday today. Let's hope. Marko is up to something at least.
>>
>>43910885
Tell me more.
>>
File: eva-widermann-psychonauten1.jpg (241 KB, 740x553) Image search: [Google]
eva-widermann-psychonauten1.jpg
241 KB, 740x553
I feel like none of you fuckers even read the first book.

It was grimdark post apocalypse as fuck. Like an old early 90s Games Workshop book such as Slaves to Darkness or The Lost and the Damned.

Tits and dicks everywhere. Nudity on every fucking page. Festering rot, self mutilation, bondage, disease. Underground mole people, pheromone-mancers (Killgrave quality), and sex slavers.

It was a fucking hoot.

And you got 200 pages of setting before you even saw mechanics. The setting is thick as fucking Mahogany. The art was brutal and unforgiving. The test was nihilistic and fucked up.

Fuck off with the "meme" and "animu shit". This game has more fucking grit than most anything in the industry. It was a low print run and translation-licensing fees that made it disappear like a wisp of smoke.
>>
>>43910916
Had a nice truck, with spikes and everything. I was a Judge. There also were a Spitalian and a Chronicler. Sent South from Justitian to pick something up a few hundred klicks through hostile territory.
>>
>>43911168
Uhm.. Details? Any cool stuff that happened? Any fights, etc? Any cool skill tests in action that created cool scenes?
>>
>>43911168
You guys managed to built a truck and get enough fuel to actually get somewhere? O.O Dayum, your GM must be a pretty chill guy. The only time my group was on a motorized vehicle we were abducted by African slavers
>>
>>43911364
It was given to us by our cults, with a mission. It wasn't ours. We had drivers and guards to command, but no freedom to tell them where to go.
>>
>>43911475
So basically, you were caravan guards essentially?
>>
>>43910519
>German

I thought Degenisis was Swedish.

Also, Drakar och Demoner translation when?

There are sooo many awesome Swedish RPGs that we will never get.
>>
>>43911581
Hey, you got Mutant Year Zero, as well as the neat fantasy game Symbaroum, so you're on the way. Hang in there.
>>
Just read the 1st edition pdf.

What can I say? Now I really want to play an Awakened character and purge all the filth out of my planet using orbital bombardment.
>>
>>43911475
>>43911475
That sounds... kinda lame, desu.

Our group once had the task of keeping an annoing little clan from pillaging the nearby village. The guy of the day was our chronicler, who managed to clear the situation alone.
For anyone not familiar with the chroniclers, they're kinda like the tech priests of the near future. They wear skary masks and cloaks that have these things called Vocoders. A vocoder is basically your inbuilt voxler, used to ad effects to your voice and modulate the volume so you can portray yourself as some sort of thunder god. The normal version can be loud enough to turn your stomach and deafen somebody. But there is also a bigger, external version that, when turned to full volume, will rattle your bones and make you bleed from ears and gums until you go down like a hippie in a wall of death.
So our chronicler tells us to go away, turns up the volume and connects his vocoder to his little drive with pre-eshatologian music. What followed was the sickest drop of the century when the Bass Cannon blasted the clanners to the realms of electronic music.
Fast forward a few days. The chronicler is sitting in the small temple thats been built for him and is living the high life. Our scrapper is installing electric lights and speakers in the whole village. The Apocalyptic is gathering drugs and alcohol. Soon the village will turn into the biggest raveyard of the century...
>>
Anyone played in Hybridispania?

Why feels shitty since it looks like it's mostly combay oriented?
>>
I really like the whole Afrikaner and Lion thingy. The symbolism is perfect, the Lion is strong, beautiful and mighty.

Its also prideful and lazy. Don't look at the brain consuming jungle crawling up from the south without anything to stem its tide, think about how rich and wealthy the Lion is! How even the beggars are fed and clothed freely thanks to the charity of the trade-cults! Think about how finally the oh so despised Whites are defeated and that no noble Afrikaner shall be threatened by their vile monstrosity! Ignore the inhumane acts, worthy of the oh so hated oppressors, we perpetuate on them though, or how the control over Iberia is slipping! Neither think about the tidal wave of horrors that would wash over the continent should the Raven falter in holding back the legions of abominations that slither southward corrupting all. Think about the riches! The wealth! The succulent fruit! Ignore the giant citadels of steel and plastic, haunted by AI controlled robots and nanite swarms that could at any moment unleash itself and obliterate everything!

The Lion is strong! Its finally time for Africa to shine and throw off centuries of white imperialism! Ignore the unstoppable tide of destruction closing in from four directions, a few kalashnikov in the hand of Scourger zealots can surely defeat them! Surely.
>>
>>43912193
Absolutely this, I would kill to convince my group to play a short campaign about discovering the hypocrisy and hidden horrors of the african kingdoms.
It's a shame so many people are so scared to step out of their confort zone of D&D and 40k they have to make up all this bullshit about how the game is supposedly bad.
>>
>>43907144
This game has Africans but where are Russian characters?
>>
>>43912716
Supposedly, dead. But who knows.
>>
>>43912738

I'm gonna go with what someone earlier in the thread said and assume that the entire planet is dead only to the Europeans and Africans. There's going to be humans on every continent, with the possible exception of Australia, because who the fuck wants to live on the same continent as the funnel web spider in the apocalypse.
>>
>>43912716
What would Russia look like in Degenesis setting anyway?

Considering that polar caps expanded, its northern part should be lifeless wasteland, and the central/southern part something like Metro 2033.

And it has to be super grimdark, of course.
>>
>>43913441
Actually I think Oz will be paradise. A Lotus Eaters paradise, but much less violent than the rest of the world.

>>43913494
Take some industrial center than might have survived, and project it way beyond Metro 2033. Build a few factions to vie for power. Everything else is wasteland, at best tribal territory. Put some more factions there. Spice with fanaticism, bigotry, fear, and dire need.
>>
>>43908745

In the first Degeness book it is explicitly mentioned that small fleet of ships from China landed off the western coast of France. They appear to be on a scientific expedition which implies to me that East Asia is extremely vibrant considering the circumstances or they're extremely desperate to find something.

Thats prettty much it.

Considering how weather seems to work, if Russia and North Europe is all frozen wasteland so would almost all of North America. But hey rule of fun, there is prob a few american holdouts and canadian polar bear raiders.
>>
>>43913441
There was a small chinese fleet that landed in Franka in 2305, but other than that there's no information due to the sporewall that isolates europe.
By now the ice of the southpole has reached Afrika, so finding a way to them is pretty much impossible
>>
>>43912716

The first book states that many migrated to what is now pollen as it froze. And since a massive field of fungus has cut Europe off from Asia I can only imagine the horrid winter wastelands you can find.

However, since somehow clans of humans can survive in north europe under ice age conditions you can probably assume there are oasises of russian fortress cities powered by deteriorating nuclear waste.
>>
>>43913494
>and the central/southern part something like Metro 2033.
>And it has to be super grimdark, of course.
"Even when you don't see them, the Dark Ones are there. Dark Ones are not simple mutants, they are Homo Novus, the next step in evolution. You've heard about 'Survival of the Fittest'? Guess what, we lost."
>>
I'm sold.
>>
>>43915926
My brother of anubite descendancy!
>>
Chroniclers are best all other cults need not apply
>>
>>43916248
Palers reporting, just wait until we get into your tunnels.
>>
>>43916267
Other way around mate. Just wait until we get into yours
>>
>>43916287
We'll be waiting with sun eyes and SMG's, come get us fuckers, prepare for some upclose tunnel action.
>>
>>43916306
>upclose
Perfect situation for Cascaders. Enjoy your straight out Trauma damage.
>>
>>43916306
Not to mention you need to find us first, baby.
>>
>>43908499

>only one person disagrees with me
>>
>>43907504
Tried something new and failed.
>>
>>43916267
>>43916287
>Talking about breaching tunnels.
Just fuck already Jesus Christ.
>>
>>43907366
Do you by chance only play games that win large amounts of awards?

>"I only play the games the magazines tell me to buy."

Those first four are all good games, but it's definitely a common link.
>>
>>43916378
I would but my dick rotted off years ago from disuse. Tell me if you find it.
>>
>>43916378
>fucking gross ass pustule covered palers
Only an Apocalyptik could bring themselves to do so
>>
So how was the world like before the fall? Did humanity know it was coming beforehand or was it completely sudden?
>>
>>43916692
Humanity had just been majorly fucked up by a virus that took down a lot of shit. They knew the meteor was coming, and they actually had planetary defenses that could have dealt with it.
>>
>PDF is up
>it's german

Fück.
>>
>>43916752
What? Wasn't the virus from the meteor?
>>
>>43916835
From what I understand no one really knows where the 2^16 virus came from, but to be honest I've only skimmed the books since I don't own my own copies.
But it definitely came before the meteor hit.
>>
File: mark-twain.jpg (233 KB, 1600x1078) Image search: [Google]
mark-twain.jpg
233 KB, 1600x1078
How does the system actually play though?
>>
>>43917475
Oh...

stat+skill =# of d6, 4+ is success, 6 are extra successes

Let's keep talking about the setting.
>>
>>43917475
A bit like Shadowrun. You make dice pools with d6s, and each 4+ is a success.
Combat is generally quick and brutal
>>
What happened to Iceland?
>>
bizzamp
>>
>>43911024
>And you got 200 pages of setting before you even saw mechanics.

This is an exaggeration, right? You don't actually expect people to read some autist's self-congratulatory world building expose before I actually learn how to play the fucking game, right??
>>
>>43919243
I have a copy of Exalted 2e, and I want to say that 162 pages are devoted to setting so...

>nth fucking Cacti Captcha pic.
What the fuck Captcha, what is your deal with spiny succulents.
>>
>>43919243
The universe and narrative are like ten times more important than the actual mechanics. Having an engaging and interesting world to be immersed in can easily make up for lack-luster mechanics.

Just look at World of Darkness
>>
>>43907144

Black men take over North Africa and the Med: the game: white guilt

Seriously, though, the whole 'The three African factions absolutely fuck everything up and control' is a bit too much to swallow.
>>
>>43912716
>>43912738
>>43913494

Pollen and Balkhan.
>>
>>43919818
Would it be easier to swallow if it was a different demographic?
>>
>>43919865

It'd probably be easier to swallow if the demographic selected was powerful, influential, intelligent, or at the absolute least, remotely civilized.

It's like listening to some fanfic about how Mexico overthrew the USA and proceeded to take over the western world or something. One can only suspend their disbelief so much.
>>
>>43919955
Back to /pol/ with you.
>>
>>43920187

Would it have been less "/pol/" if I had used Iceland as an example? I mean, they've at least got being civilized down, but it's no less absurd.

Sorry realism triggers you so much, Anon. I'll be sure to include some trigger words next time to protect your feelings.
>>
>>43919818
>Black men take over North Africa and the Med: the game: white guilt
have you even tried to read into the reasoning for this happening.

Blacks first sweep into north africa for UN help before the world ended and became trapped there , followed by more blacks seeking to escape the primer coming from the south. Or do you actually think post apocalyptic north africa could have actually stopped a migration of millions of people willing to fight to enter.

And white guilt only goes as far as you want to see it. The africans are clearly showed in a negative light and almost noble savage way for their slaving practices and hypocritical racist ideals.
>>
>>43920432
And the reason that they are so powerful is that the psychovore (the psychic Primer plants that dominate the center of Africa and the entire east bank) literally infects all of their brains. It make a strange subtle hive mind network that breaks down language barriers in just a few days and forces a sense of fellowship. All of Africa is literally brainwashed into working together.
>>
>>43907496
noice
>>
Anyone have a timetable for the English PDF of rebirth? I know the old one was already posted in this thread.
>>
File: 1432583448237.jpg (5 MB, 1742x2871) Image search: [Google]
1432583448237.jpg
5 MB, 1742x2871
Any fun stories from games using the system? The setting seems interesting and after skimming the book for a bit the mechanics seem solid enough.

On that note any complaints about the system? Any glaring holes in the balance etc?
>>
>>43922433

was meant to be released by the maker of the game today (and quickly uploaded everywhere) but due to some issues to with the black friday sale and some upset people that pre-ordered only for it to go on sale at 50% off they have pushed it back to later this week while they sort that out, so look for it very where at the end of the week
>>
>>43922574

have run a game which i might do up a story about whats happened so far shortly but have only played about 4 hours so far, the
system mechanics are light with a focus on role playing, combat is simple but very quickly deadly, anyone looking for a mainly combat game where the players can take hit after hit and keep going should look for another system.

balance is a bit funny to tell there is alot of gear that if players get would make them over powered in combat but it there is no real way they should ever get them, short of gear its fairly balanced for rolepalying and combat
>>
File: giphy.gif (496 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
496 KB, 500x352
>>43923470
it's /tg/ anon it's always story time
>>
>>43907144
>>43907144
Online character builder is a piece of garbage so I made this a week or two ago, enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18FQGF7mUF4Mm5ebhvIgPYrPMtQP9T4GSb5LGfp81g7g/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>43924533
While this is greatly appreciated I think it may be from the old edition? Some of the skills and things are not in the English translation of the book
>>
>>43924572
I ripped everything from the online creator (Located here http://www.degenesis.com/character-en/ ), perhaps it's even worse than I origianlly thought and gets the skill names wrong too?
>>
>>43924594
at first glance I just noticed that brawl isn't a skill, like unarmed and armed combat are two different skills
>>
>>43924599
Weird. I'll have to get my friend who actually has the book to take a few pictures of the skills list for me, or wait for the pdf to drop.
>>
>>43924572
What are you talking about? All those skills and attributes are in the english book
>>
>>43924626
shit did I grab the wrong edition from

>>43907496
>>
>>43924641
Yeah man that's the old one. Rebirth pdf isn't out in english yet
>>
>>43924647
well I feel like an idiot now, someone said the english pdf is dropping later this week, is that correct?
>>
>>43924663
I've no idea when it's dropping, I can only hope it's later this week though. I want my own copy before my group's next session
>>
>>43924669
any word on what the 2nd? edition rules changes are?

Is it mostly grouping skills together or have they changed all the mechanics I just learned?
>>
>>43919243
>This is an exaggeration, right?
Rebirth has an entire book that is nothing but background so no.
>>
>>43924677
Lemme just take a look at the old version, I'll see what's changed
>>
>>43923948

lol, fair point

the party is atm a judge, a chronicler and a scrapper.

the goal of the party is to find out where some counterfeit drafts (one of the currencies in game) are coming from, the only one that knows this is the chronicler, the judge has orders to patrol the area the chronicler is looking for info in and has been following him and the scrapper was found with some of the counterfeit drafts and they helped him make some cash so is following them in the hopes they help him with more.

most of the game so far has been the party going out into an old city to collect scrap to sell to the person they suspect to be making the counterfeit drafts (and some extra cash on the side) during which they had to keep their eyes eyes peeled and on alert due to some of the cockroach clan (less that friendly underground haunt this area) to which they failed just about every check to see they sneaking up to their camp, first tiem they attacked strait on and lost 3 of the 5 members, for the few days they just followed them are a distance trying to get closed and throw a pointy sticks at them under the cover of dark and run a way before they could catch them, a tactic that went well for them and in the end the party just ran away from them as it was too much trouble to try and chase them down when loaded up with scrap
>>
>>43924677
Alright character creation is completely fucking different, that I can tell at a glance.
So is combat.
>>
>>43924712
haha in that case I'll just wait until the new edition pdf is out.

What do you think of the new edition?
>>
>>43924724
I can say it's a hell of a lot better than the old one, after looking through it. A lot of shit has been kinda simplified, to make things flow easier.
And the progression trees for the various Cults are really cool
>>
File: I-believe-in-you.jpg (131 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
I-believe-in-you.jpg
131 KB, 500x333
>>43920300
>realism
>trigger*2

4/10
keep trying, I am sure one day you will be able to upset someone.
>>
>>43924744
Well that's good to hear. Would it be dumb to introduce the game to my group with 1st ed. or should I just wait?
>>
>>43924724

just going to link back to my post for before
>>43923470
>>
>>43924754
I'd highly recommend just waiting
>>
>>43924756
>>43924761

Sounds good, thanks
>>
>> 43924754
i would not be starting a new game using 1st as alot has changed even the type of dice used if my memories is correct (use to be d10 now d6)
>>
How does this compare to Tribe 8?
>>
>>43924810
I would have to know anything about Tribe 8 to answer that.
>>
>>43924810

Similar dark edgy vibe, less biblical references. Tribe 8 is a mystical apocalypse, D:R is more scifi.

Both use d6 pools, so there's that, but mechanically different too.
>>
>>43924810
How does Tribe 8 compare to Gumshoe?
>>
>>43909225
From what I've heard, it's from primer (but plants, not shrooms). The geometrical patterns and a geographical focus are actually a very primer thing, look at the psychonauts and their phenomena and Earth chakras
>>
Wait so is the new edition d6 dice pool instead of that strange d10 target window system?
>>
>>43929262
Like many others have mentioned, yes, Rebirth uses D6's.
>>
>>43924810
Surprisingly similar from the general feel. Main differences from my viewpoint (as a person who only read both games):
– replace dreams and magic with nanobots and DNA
– Conflict everywhere, cults have way more disagreements than the Tribes
– Quite obviously, an absolutely other scale
– Exploration seems easier doable and is (normally) not looked upon negatively
– also quite obviously, very different and also very more variable tech levels. Science is also way less magical (even if some weird science and Transhuman Space tier science elements are there all right)
>>
>>43916363
>Bottom right corner of the thread
>>
Also, for everybody, I will repost this German review: http://www.teilzeithelden.de/2014/10/15/rezension-degenesis-rebirth-edition-die-wiedergeburt-des-primal-punk/

Some of the people here are quite probably Germanons, and others can just put this shit in Google Translate, you will get the gist quite easily. The author btw also mentions big similarities to Tribe 8.
>>
>>43907616
Feels like a more intelligent approach to the Dragon Age system.
>>43907144
So, how casually racist is this?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.