[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
File: aterka.jpg (108 KB, 700x512) Image search: [Google]
aterka.jpg
108 KB, 700x512
Eternal EDH thread. Correct OP edition

RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
>>
File: 1443166982423.jpg (155 KB, 600x539) Image search: [Google]
1443166982423.jpg
155 KB, 600x539
First for there's nothing wrong with MLD
>>
>>43903527
If you have a wincon on the field.
If instead you have Root Maze and Winter Orb, you desserve to get anal cancer.
>>
File: 3230285.jpg (144 KB, 321x460) Image search: [Google]
3230285.jpg
144 KB, 321x460
>>43903527
first for fuck cyclonic rift...even though i play it too
>>
File: Edh Commanders November.png (1 MB, 1520x768) Image search: [Google]
Edh Commanders November.png
1 MB, 1520x768
Finally decided to take the time to do this.
>>
>>43903630
Would you rather deal with a Cyclonic Rift or an All is Dust?
>>
File: commanders.png (842 KB, 1339x311) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
842 KB, 1339x311
durka
>>
>>43903819
All Is Dust

Because they had to spend more money for it. Thus, it hurts them.
>>
>>43903819
all is dust isn't completely one sided nor is it an instant
>>
>>43903790
noice
>>
>>43903630
>that ugly old tap symbol
I hate early magic
>>
Anybody know of some cheeky shit I can pull off with Daretti that I won't find on EDHrec? Secret tech or other things to do with the deck that are unconventional?
>>
File: 130.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
130.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>43904220
besides the usual welding shenanigans if you run a mycosynth lattice vandalblast and hellkite tyrant are literal game winners
>>
you ever have one of those games where you seem to have the perfect silver bullet to steal the game?
>playing wrexial
>bobrygmos drops a choke
>sets me back about 4 lands, still have nonbasics for blue mana tho
>remember earlier in the game when a player used fact or fiction, realize the perfect answer is in their graveyard
>get to my turn without anyone realizing or at least not doing anything about it
>cast beacon of unrest, ask tasigur for his graveyard
>slap his stormtide leviathan down
>now lands don't untap at all
>leave two mana open for a countersquall while I beat people to death with a giant catfish
>the only player who runs a lot of spot removal was almost tapped out at the time and doesn't have the mana to do anything about it
>after I killed the first player the other 2 scooped
>shitfuckle boborygmos takes that choke out of his deck

it's wonderful when it happens but I don't think I'll have a game fall into my lap that smoothly again for a while
>>
Has anyone made a successful old Drana list? I'm thinking MBC, but what else are my options (besides Vampire tribal).
>>
>>43904220
>Cheeky Shit
Daretti Stax is entirely possible. Use any possible card to ramp him to T2 or T3.
Then use Stax stuff. Crack the Earth, Tremble, Smokestack, Winter Orb, Static Orb, Storm Cauldron.
Then use Land Destruction. Ruination, Wildfire, Destructive Force, Epicenter, etcetcetc.
Your only big creatures should be Myr Battlesphere and Nullstone Gargoyle.
>>
>>43904318
take literally any MBC list and put drana as the commander instead and it still works.
>>
>>43904262
>playing against UW deck and 3 others, don't remember his commander
>playing my Nekusar deck
>UW player ults a Venser, exile anything whenever a spell is cast
>one of my opponents is playing Ashling
>slaps down Dictate of the Twin Gods early
>it doesn't get exiled cuz he allies with the UW player
>I slap down Jace, Memory Adept
>it doesn't get exiled at all, fucking retard
>Ashling player decides fuck it
>burns out UW player for all health but 1
>I have nekusar out
>Ashling player passes turn
>UW player kills himself on draw
>comes to my turn
>Jace is at 7 loyalty
>for the team brother
>Jace suicides for the card draws
>everyone's dead but me
>GG

up until the last turn, I was useless. I would have died if not for the Ashling player killing UW when he did.
>>
>>43904350
>I would have died if my UW friend knew how to play magic.
Ftfy
>>
>>43904453
I think it was a life gain deck, but yeah still I should have died.
>>
File: Dragonlord Ojutai.jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Dragonlord Ojutai.jpg
70 KB, 312x445
>>43903461
How do I use best Dragonlord as a commander?
>>
>>43904592
Enchantment deck w/ voltron elements? But at that point. why not play Zur?
>>
>>43904337
I'm asking for (effective) options besides MBC and vamp tribal. I'm not asking how to build MBC.

>>43903790
Do you have a decklist for that Kalemne deck? How successful is it?
>>
>>43904592
http://www.edhrec.com/commander/Dragonlord%20Ojutai/

You're going to have to be more specific if that resource doesn't help you.

Generally It's either control goodstuff deck where ojutai is just a beater, or its a midrange deck with some voltron capabilities and kills with commander damage. Here's a hint ; Untap it or give it vigilance.
>>
File: WHAT.png (1 MB, 1339x607) Image search: [Google]
WHAT.png
1 MB, 1339x607
>put in my Sigarda decklist into edhrec
>gives me almost completely shit advice
>scroll down to see my unique cards
WHAT
I CANNOT EVEN
ARE PEOPLE REALLY THIS FUCKING BAD!?
or am I the bad one???
decklist for context: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/31-05-15-sigarda-host-of-herons-edh/
>>
File: 217.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
217.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
Sigarda or Dragonlord Dromoka? Which one is the better sounding GW voltron general?

built in hexproof on Sigarda is good but it should be easy to slap hexproof or shroud on Dromoka and then suit her up with swords and shit.
>>
>>43904879
Sigarda is just WAYYYYY more resilient and efficient given her built-in hexproof and sacrifice clause. For can't be countered run things like leyline of lifeforce and for his other effect run grand abolisher, dosan, and city of solitude.
>>
>>43904835
avarice amulet is a pet card of mine for any deck that likes having its commander out a lot.

But otherwise, idk, most sigarda lists I see are just enchantress voltron. I guess they wouldn't spring for any controlly good stuff. your unique cards seem like alright choices tho
>>
>>43904879
use both. Switch the general depending on meta. Dromoka is better in a blue-heavy environment, but Sigarda has more firepower due to being cheaper.
>>
>>43904879
I'm partial to the lifelink ability honestly, and you're right that you can slap hexproof or shroud on Dromoka. Throw Stoneforge Mystic in and you're good.
>>
I hate people who get salty when they lose, like it's a part of the game.

>playing Melek, Ixzet Paragon.dek
>4 man ffa
>A superfriends deck with sliver queen, alara and a Mizzix
>turn 1 flooded strand into steam vents (needed the red mana), tap 1 for sol ring, tap for izzet signet
>alara guy gets annoyed, "bro no one else wanted to play anyway"
>they all drop a land and pass
>drop an island, cast goblin electromage (why does that not sound like his name), sapphire medallion, pass
>they do some nonsense, one guy casts a bolt at karlov
>karlov player furious, angrily moves his commander
>my turn, cast melek and pass, revealed card is arcane melee
>karlov is cast again with nothing else
>my turn, reveal seething song (best card ever), drop land cast melee. Cast song, copy with melek, copy song with twin cast( revealed under song).
>so much mana, cast young pyromancer
> everyone scoops, karlov guy starts hitching about free advantage and fair decks
>told him I had a perfect opening and draws, I couldn't have stacked it better if I wanted to
>Said young pyromancer was unfair and should be banned with seething song

I didn't have the chance to explain that his main problem was casting a fucking karlov with no lifegain or protection anywhere, but I digress
>>
>>43905246
>goblin electromage
the card you're looking for is goblin electromancer.
>>
Are there any good R/B enchantment synergy cards?
I'm running Mogis with around 20 enchantments and the only thing like that I have is Thoughtrender Lamia.
I was also considering adding white, but I like Mogis as the commander.
The deck is a lot of discard, LD, wrath, resource denial type stuff, and I like that him and the enchantments can survive through a Jokulhaups and keep hitting people in the face
Is there a R/W/B commander better suited for this kind of thing?
Other general card suggestions welcome
>>
>>43905309
link to decklist
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-11-15-madness/
>>
>>43904628
For the Kalemne deck I've yet to make a decklist on tappedout... or any of my decks for that matter. For what I can tell you:
* I usually bust it out in a 2 to 3 player game. It packs instants that react to opponents spells (I'm talking 1 to 2 mana spells like God's Willing, Apostles Blessing, Boros Charm, and Valorous Stance)
* Equipments are amazing on her since she can hold them well.
* I use the three red Evoke dudes to EXP her.
* I use various creatures that can sweep smaller dudes as my board wipes. Elesh Norn, Magma Giant, Thundercloud Shaman, Sunblast Angel, and the like.
* I try not to over-extend and always have an Instant at the ready.
* I have killed people in 4 player games, but never seemed to have won the entire thing. Granted I made a few mistakes here and there in hindsight.

Honestly, she's really fun. Other possible routes you can take her is Giant Tribal, Angel Tribal, or hell, even Artifact-Matters. (Think a beatdown Daretti deck.) The latter I want to test out one day, but focus more on aggro/artifact recursion/proliferate than straight up combo. (Something Daretti does much much easier.)
>>
>>43904628
Late response, I know.

For the Kalemne deck I've yet to make a decklist on tappedout... or any of my decks for that matter. For what I can tell you:
* I usually bust it out in a 2 to 3 player game. It packs instants that react to opponents spells (I'm talking 1 to 2 mana spells like God's Willing, Apostles Blessing, Boros Charm, and Valorous Stance)
* Equipments are amazing on her since she can hold them well.
* I use the three red Evoke dudes to EXP her.
* I use various creatures that can sweep smaller dudes as my board wipes. Elesh Norn, Magma Giant, Thundercloud Shaman, Sunblast Angel, and the like.
* I try not to over-extend and always have an Instant at the ready.
* I have killed people in 4 player games, but never seemed to have won the entire thing. Granted I made a few mistakes here and there in hindsight.

Honestly, she's really fun. Other possible routes you can take her is Giant Tribal, Angel Tribal, or hell, even Artifact-Matters. (Think a beatdown Daretti deck.) The latter I want to test out one day, but focus more on aggro/artifact recursion/proliferate than straight up combo. (Something Daretti does much much easier.)
>>
>>43905403
>use the three red Evoke dudes to EXP her.
I don't think this works. She cares about you casting. You're casting them for cheap. I could be wrong, the rules are fucky like that sometimes.
>>
>>43905523
Evoke casts are sometimes more expensive though.
>>
>>43905523
>When you play a spell by paying its evoke cost, its mana cost doesn't change. You just pay the evoke cost instead.
>>
>>43905523
alternative costs don't change the attribute labeled the "mana cost" of the spell. cyclonic rift is always a 2cmc spell even when you pay 7 to overload it. shriekmaw is always a 5cmc spell even when you pay 2 to evoke it
>>
so I've been in two separate games now where some retard doesn't get the difference between an ETB and a cast trigger and it ends up to nearly flipping the table rage that prematurely ends the game. is there anything in the comprehensive rules that specifically defines the difference so I can fucking print it out and carry it around in my deck box?
>>
File: Commanders.png (474 KB, 974x540) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.png
474 KB, 974x540
hi
>>
>>43905645
>601.2h Once the steps described in 601.2a-g are completed, the spell becomes cast. Any abilities that trigger when a spell is cast or put onto the stack trigger at this time. If the spell's controller had priority before casting it, he or she gets priority.

>603.6a Enters-the-battlefield abilities trigger when a permanent enters the battlefield. These are written, "When [this object] enters the battlefield, . . . " or "Whenever a [type] enters the battlefield, . . ." Each time an event puts one or more permanents onto the battlefield, all permanents on the battlefield (including the newcomers) are checked for any enters-the-battlefield triggers that match the event.
>>
>>43905691
forgot to add, calmly explain how the triggers are different. a cast trigger happens when you place the ability on the stack and very few things can counter it.

If you ever get the chance, printing out the comprehensive rules and making some tabs for useful sections is a very good idea. my last semester of college I still had 300 pages worth of credit for the university printers so I printed off the entire comprehensive rule book and put it in a 3-ring binder
>>
>>43905680
You seem ____okay__
>>
>>43905680
do you have the erebos list typed up anywhere?
>>
>>43903630
Pretty sure that exact Sol Ring used to be in my friend's cube.

>>43904262
Off the top of my head

>Mishra player solidly in control
>Has Karn ready to ult
>Topdeck Zealous Conscripts, pop ult, game resets with me having Caged Sun in play

>>43904835
Cathedral and New Benalia are pretty terrible. Not sure why you're running Melira. Even with an enchantress theme I don't see Ghostly prison belonging in Sigarda. I really like Darksteel Mutation (ran it for a very long time in Uril). Honestly I don't think card selection is the deck's biggest problem, I think it's the fact that you're splitting the baby and running so much equipment alongside your enchantress package.

>>43904879
Sigarda hands down. If you can stick regeneration or indestructibility on her she's almost impossible to get rid of. Cavern of Souls, Dosan, etc can help you stick her.
>>
File: 1402014482298.gif (492 KB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
1402014482298.gif
492 KB, 500x266
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-11-15-for-whom-the-bell-tolls/

how can i make this deck more efficient? what should i add in from the maybeboard?
>>
What are some winning combos for mono-green? Planning to build Freyalise and can't think of any.
>>
File: rith_and_broodmother.jpg (304 KB, 964x680) Image search: [Google]
rith_and_broodmother.jpg
304 KB, 964x680
Is there something there that you can make an EDH deck from? You know, using Rith as commander, producing a bunch of Spore tokens to feed baby dragons.
>>
>>43905777
its not tier one or anything but wins every now and then on cockatrice, and i am reliably 3rd-5th at our card shop irl
>>
File: 1448710689669.jpg (53 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1448710689669.jpg
53 KB, 500x750
>>43905777
>>43906528
Whoops forgot to link it:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/erebos-life-drain-edh/

take this cat as my apology for not linking
>>
File: 1441345526863.png (261 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1441345526863.png
261 KB, 700x700
I would like some general suggestions for this deck please
>>
File: 1442713344490.png (106 KB, 774x650) Image search: [Google]
1442713344490.png
106 KB, 774x650
>>43906632
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/please-play-magic/
forgot to link
>>
File: commanders.png (694 KB, 1125x364) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
694 KB, 1125x364
>>43903790
no worries guys I'm here to crash this party with MY DANK MEMES
>>
>>43906632
acetiscism
lightning greaves
swiftfoot boots
mask of avacyn
anything that allows you to keep him out that gives shroud/hexproof/indestructiblity

id also throw in tajuru preserver as well
>>
>>43906641
Price of glory, storm cauldron, and war's toll all come to mind
>>
>>43906632
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/please-play-magic
>>43906641

what the fuck is Ishi Ishi supposed to do?
>>
>>43906641
Ruric Thar, not playing Primal Surge. Shit nigga what u doin
>>
>>43904879
Captain Sisay
best GW general
>>
File: 1436717320843.jpg (9 KB, 238x220) Image search: [Google]
1436717320843.jpg
9 KB, 238x220
>>43906854
I personally just don't like Primal surge and I would also kill myself with Zo-zu and ankh
>>
>>43906650
How does your Daxos fare and do you have a list?
>>
>>43903853
Post that crosis deck please anon
>>
Reminder that badly built decks which rely upon a commander ability can be shut down by Pithing Needle.
>>
>>43907396
>"I cast Pithing Needle"
>"Sure. Naming?"
>"Melek ;^)"
>>
File: EDHDecks.png (1 MB, 1654x454) Image search: [Google]
EDHDecks.png
1 MB, 1654x454
>>43903790
Sure, why not.

Rate and call me a fag, you know you want to.
>>
>>43907371
just finished adding a few changes i've made to it, like the C15 land and that spellbook mana rock

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/everybody-loves-crosis/
>>
>>43907666
>the C15 land
Commander's Beacon is so good it's ridiculous.
>>
File: 1436902353374.jpg (45 KB, 680x465) Image search: [Google]
1436902353374.jpg
45 KB, 680x465
>>43907666
>satan plays twin-exarch/kiki-conscripts in EDH
Yeah that figures
>>
>>43907769
Sometimes you need a way to pull the trigger, guy. Combo backup is a good thing, unless you like pointless durdle for hours.
>>
File: Ezuri-Claw-Of-Progress.jpg (96 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Ezuri-Claw-Of-Progress.jpg
96 KB, 768x432
Newzuri is fucking GOAT
>Piling counters onto an invisible stalker
>spiderfog, oh shit look tons of exp, suddenly giant spiders
>Drawing ridiculous amounts of cards with fathom mage, mindless automaton, etched oracle
>everything gets fucking giant ft. Master Biomancer
>resetting Glen Elendra Archmage
>Swole dorks and utility guys to smash face with
It's like the best parts of tempo and aggro combined. My fucking dream commander.
>>
>>43907866
Then you drop Sage of Hours and win on the spot.
>>
>>43907892
Sage is in there, along with Pod and Muddle the Mixture. We ain't fucking around here, anon.
>>
>>43905403
>>43905413
Sounds like what I'm trying to build. I was going to cut the protection spells to a minimum, but I'll actually bring it up now.
>>
>>43907820
>kiki-conscripts/twin-exarch
>firemind + curiosity
>reito lantern/JTMS + tunnel vision
He's got like 3 combos going on and multiple tutors. it's clearly a find a combo and win asap deck
>>
File: Questing Phelddagrif.full.jpg (43 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Questing Phelddagrif.full.jpg
43 KB, 312x445
Is it possible to make a fun deck out of Questing Phelddagrif?
Not looking to win, just want to have fun with everyone with shit like Pyxis
>>
>>43908298
>Not looking to win
Then I ain't playing with you.
>>
File: 1420730850957.jpg (128 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1420730850957.jpg
128 KB, 460x345
>>43907866

>Plaxcaster Frogling puts a counter on Ezuri which means I can give him shroud whenever I like
>Only way to take out Ezuri and the rest of my stuff is to use a board wipe
>...which would pop my Chasm Skulker which is slowly getting bigger
>Someone finally comes up with the solution - Merciless Eviction to exile all creatures
>I had Mystic Snake in hand
>Three turns later, draw Sage of Hours, use Plaxcaster's second graft + ability to make him shroudy, and go infinite turns for the win

He's so fun to play, but I really need to get more cards for him. I'm mostly using the precon deck at the moment, just swapped out a few things for stuff I had lying around.
>>
File: 1415146065922.jpg (33 KB, 234x347) Image search: [Google]
1415146065922.jpg
33 KB, 234x347
>>43908361
>Mystic Snake soulbound with DEN
>Each flicker also adds another exp counter
>>
>>43903790
Care to post your Zurgo list or a picture of the deck? I'm brewing something similar
>>
On my phone but posting commanders to get h8d on

>Surrak Dragonclaw: generic RUG fatty beats, formerly Maelstrom Wanderer
>Shu Yun: voltron, getting converted to Dlord Ojutai
>Meren: stax control
>Keranos: UR control, in the process of getting built, cannibalizing some of Shu Yun
>>
Don't much play in paper anymore, but here are my MODO decks that are playable atm

>Arjun, the Shifting Flame
Card Draw Roulette

>Azami, Lady of Scrolls
Monoblue dickhole deck

>Chainer, Dementia Master
Monoblack reanimator control

>Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh
Monored burn

>Daretti, Scrap Savant
Artifact Value Town

>Boris Devilboon
Multiplayer pauper

>Iwamori of the Open Fist
Fist of the North Star Voltron

>Krenko, Mob Boss
Goblin tribal

>Kresh the Bloodbraided
Here be monsters

Mayael, the Anima
Dumb Dudes Done Cheap

>Mogis, God of Slaughter
Group Slug Enchantments

>Korlash, heir to Blackblade
MBC / Voltron

>Munda, Ambush Leader
Allied Assault

>Nin, the Pain Artist
Tempo BDSM dungeon

>Sapling of Colfenor
Treefolk Tribal

>Sedris the Traitor King
Cruel Control / Reanimator

>Prime Speaker Zegana
UG goodstuff

>Seton, Krosan Protector
Druid Tribal

>Sigarda, Host of Herons
Enchantress Voltron

>Isperia, Supreme Judge
Enchantment Pillowfort / No Fun Allowed

>Jasmine Boreal
Cat Tribal

>Zirilan of the Claw
Death By Dragons

And then ten or so more that are in various stages of repair and updates
>>
>>43906424
Avenger-hoof is pretty solid
>>
>>43907866
And yet again wizards has released the most mechanically interesting and busted commander in U/G.

I want off Mark "it's true, there's nothing blue can't do" Rosewater's wild ride.
>>
>>43909013
When he was spoiled everyone thought he was kinda shit here. It's funny to see how we now think newzuri's broken.
>>
>>43908869
My Arjun nigga.
Even if he doesnt win like Mizzix does he's fun as fuck.
>>
>>43909189
For you and nobody else. Arjun is the very definition of card that shouldn't be in this so called "social format": always masturbatory, no exceptions.
>>
When are we finally getting a legendary spider?
I want to make spider tribal already.
>>
File: hatsune miku00994.gif (1003 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
hatsune miku00994.gif
1003 KB, 320x180
>>43909232
Arjun, Tomorrow, Thought Reflection, Mindmoil all at once
>>
>>43909013
Mark does not look over commander products.
>>
>>43909232
Both Mizzix and Arjun, from my experience, are equally unfun to play against. Both just turn into infinite masturbation by turn 4 and you'Re lucky if you get to take your next turn within the next 20 minutes, after cycling through 4 different hands yourself because of forced drawing.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>>43909670
*flashes in behind you*
"nothing personelle, kid"
*heh*
>>
>>43909709
>implying i won't just counter it and draw 10-20 cards for the trouble
>>
File: 1426619525229 (1).png (42 KB, 863x792) Image search: [Google]
1426619525229 (1).png
42 KB, 863x792
What are some good cards that could be added to a Grenzo deck? This guy looks stupid fun but what can be used besides the basic r/b goblins?
>>
>>43909889
Ashnod's altar
Phyrexian altar
Doomsday
>>
File: DiabolicServitude.jpg (47 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
DiabolicServitude.jpg
47 KB, 223x311
Any recommended black enchantment to replace this one?
>>
>>43910061
animate dead.
>>
>>43910061
Whip of erebos. hands down. getting the same effect of it being exiled no matter what but gives you more fuel for greed/erebos/necropotence/any draw involving life payment
>>
>>43910061
Necromancy
>>
I'm looking for a new commander to build that's different from my current commanders (I'm >>43907554 for reference).

Only real requirement I have is that it does something different than what I already got and is a decent commander. If it's in a color combo I don't already have, even better.
>>
>>43910658
Do something with white

Nahiri is good to equipment for days
Build a RW deck for fun, commander doesn't really matter too much, but Iroas or Aurelia are the best
Another fun deck that's really different from what you've got is Purphoros/Mogis group slug
>>
>>43910658
Zurgo Boardwipes
Yasova steal and sac
>>
>>43910743
I might do Iroas or Mogis, Iroas looks like fun and I have a Mogis that I ain't doing shit else with.

>>43910793
I like the look Yasova, I was thinking of Yisan originally but she seems pretty sweet.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>43910868
Ulamog the infinite gyre Eldrazi tribal (mana rock tribal lol)
Currently my favorite deck due to the simplicity of it
>>
File: v8DxM.jpg (8 KB, 251x211) Image search: [Google]
v8DxM.jpg
8 KB, 251x211
That one pre-modern card you love and play so much. The one that you would kill to see with new artwork for in Commander 2016.
>>
>>43910868
Twin gods are fun-tier.

>>43910905
Mindless Automaton. Timeshifted doesn't count.
>>
>>43910905
Wheel of Fortune is one of my favorite cards of all time
>>
>>43910905
But I prefer the old frame and the old, shitty art, anon.
>>
>>43910905
No Mercy. Always a good deterrent to have on the board.
>>
>>43910905
phage, if conspiracy doesnt count. otherwise chainer
>>
>>43910905
Dauthi ghoul
>>
>>43910905
Pattern of Rebirth
Intruder Alarm
Defense Grid
Firestorm
Glyph of Doom
Wall of Nets
>>
>>43910905
Island Sanctuary, oh how it has saved my ass.
>>
>>43906424
Avenger/Craterhoof, elfball, Kamahl, Overwhelming Stampede/Triumph of the Hordes. MonoG doesn't really do infinite, it's more about having one giant attack step.
>>
>>43906429
Run black instead of white if you want a devour theme. Rith is not a good general (run Marath if you want naya tokens)

>>43910905
LED. Not because I want it in the new shitframe, but because it would make Mirage LEDs more affordable.
>>
>>43910905
>Ashnod's Altar
>Phyrexian Altar
>Lake of the Dead
>Coffers
>Mind Slash
>Counterspell
>Undead Warchief (reprinted in Planechase but new art would be nice)
>Black Market (reprinted but new art would be nice)

Victimize would be on the list but they just reprinted it in C15 and I like the art.
>>
>>43911210
Holy fuck yes altars. I want them to be beautiful.
>>
>>43910899
Is there even a good place to look up colorless lands? My usual of magiccards.info doesn't allow you to search for colorless commander identity and I don't want to go through the 600 lands again
>>
>>43911222
Right? Moreso Ashnod's than Phyrexian, Phyrexian at least has some color and something going on in it. Ashnod's is just a wooden surgical table.
>>
>>43911210
Lake of the Dead is on the reserved list, sadly.
>>
>>43910905
Invoke prejudice.

[Spoiler]with even more suggestively provocative artwork than the current[/spoiler]
>>
>>43903790
mazirek list?
>>
>>43909072

Eh.. I don't remember it like that. People were hoping for something other than +1/+1 counters, but it was obvious he was strong. After the B/G bug guy he's the most easily broken out of the bunch.
>>
Are any magic websites doing cyber monday deals on singles? I want to pick up some expensive staples for my decks.
>>
>>43911634
TCG has a 5% kickback.
>>
>>43911622
Fat jew ghost is arguably better than newzuri. t4 kills are possible with karlov.
>>
>>43911634
Card kingdom is doing $15 store credit per $100 spent
>>
>>43911691
Any idea what provides that many life gain triggers that early apart from soul sisters?
>>
File: cloudcover.jpg (54 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
cloudcover.jpg
54 KB, 312x445
>>43910905
I love the simple, underestimated utility.
>>
>>43909889
Necrotic Ooze
Reito Lantern
>>
>>43909889
Rakdos, Lord of Riots.
>>
>>43911968
For a t4 kill? Nothing really. Even a Suture Priest wouldn't be on curve enough. Soul Sisters would be it.
>>
>>43912007
How have I never seen this before? I've been playing Hanna for so long and this is my first sight of Cloud Cover. Thank you!
>>
File: 20151130_153551.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151130_153551.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
Is this enough targets to run Fireminds Foresight? I don't have a Reset right now but I'm looking into getting one when I have the cash.
>>
>>43912148
How many options you have doesn't matter when you get the same 3 every time. I assume this is for Mizzix so just being able to grab Rift and Reiterate is nuts.
>>
>>43912109
I run it in Ephara. People let it sit there, since it's so unassuming, and it always does a ton of work for me. One of my favorite cards.
>>
>>43912265
Agreed, that's too many for my taste, especially if you're running Mizzix.
I notice all the one drops are blue, does red not have a single worthy one mana spell in edh? I've been looking for one for my Mizzix deck too, educate my ignorant ass.
>>
>>43912514
Vandalblast comes to mind
>>
>>43911614
CTRL + S. Thank me later.
>>
>>43912148
Fetching a mystic tutor with a firemind's foresight, the absolute madman
>>
File: My EDH decks.png (1 MB, 1205x882) Image search: [Google]
My EDH decks.png
1 MB, 1205x882
Finally got around to making one of these pictures
POST THEM NIGGAS
>>
File: 1448306828042.png (159 KB, 1123x383) Image search: [Google]
1448306828042.png
159 KB, 1123x383
>>43912648
r8 and h8
>>
File: metalorwoodrealorfake.png (61 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
metalorwoodrealorfake.png
61 KB, 267x200
>>43906650
Friend, I would like to compare Azami lists.
>>
>>43912648
>X-tra turns
I was thinking of doing an X spells only deck with mizzix, but no way would I include extra turns in it. Is there anything more rage-inducing for your opponents?
>>
>>43912813
xD
>>
File: muh commanders.png (1 MB, 892x621) Image search: [Google]
muh commanders.png
1 MB, 892x621
>>43912648
>>
>>43912833
Land destruction???
Thats about it though
>>
>>43904628
the effective part makes the rest impossible
>>
>>43912879
>karlov
my nigga. Mind posting a list?
>>
Anybody try out Knight tribal? I'm thinking that Oros might be the best option since most Knights are in white. Exemplar also gives my Knights indestructible so even then my BR knights can survive the wipes.
>>
>>43912923
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/current-karlov-of-the-ghost-council/
>>
>>43912648
Got mine up here:
>>43907554
Also, dat Dralnu and Rakdos
>>
>>43913083
Still a WiP.
>>
>>43913095
Want the Rakdos list?
>>
>>43912813
best deck ever
>>
I'm a hypocrite, I always talk shit about how partial paris mulligans broken and shit but my fat as hell 4.6 avg cmc deck loves being able to get them 3-4 land opening hand starts
>>
>>43912908
Never really bothers me, but I'm always running lots of rocks so I don't feel it as hard.
I hate losing my commander. Especially when I draw swiftfoot boots next turn and would have had the mana for it.
>>
>>43912648
At work, can't update my pic:

Core 5
Liliana - MBC you have no hand
Pharika - Land Affliction
Jeleva - Enter the Infinite
Chandra - Burn Control (usually Ashling)
Hanna - UW combo control (no pillowfort)

New decks
Ulasht - druid tribal, losing tribal soon
Newzuri - Dorks and sage, needs work
Nylea - Monster mash
Nahiri - Equipment Tribal
Saffi - GW goodstuff, needs work
>>
>>43913112
Sure, why not. Dralnu too if you don't mind (and have it up anywhere).
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ne7xn2AzPh1r0pk4w.jpg (148 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ne7xn2AzPh1r0pk4w.jpg
148 KB, 500x700
What are some abilities you would change on generals you like to make them better? or just not shit?
>±2 equip target equipment you control to target creature you control. If you control no creatures put a 1/1 Kor soldier onto the battlefield
>-10 put an emblem under your control with "equip costs for equipments you control is 0"
Or
>-10 put and emblem under your control with " equipped creatures gain +2/+2"

Her -2 is fine but man she's underwhelming at 5cmc
>>
>>43913533
Those are both terrible, what the hell?
>>
>>43913533
I'd change her to +2 Put two Kors, -2 Tutor an equipment, -10 Emblem that makes a +5/+5 equipment and attaches it to a creature you control every end step.

There, not shit.
>>
>>43913396
Here's the Rakdos list:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-05-15-gvk-rakdos-lord-of-riots-edh/
Its my pride and joy. I've been building it and tuning it for the past two years.
Basically you do nothing the first 3 turns except play a pinger, then play Rakdos turn 4, then go off turn 5, then win turn 6. I'm hoping to get a chrome mox for the deck to speed up this process.
I don't even have a decklist for my Dralnu deck yet. It is in the PRE-alpha stages of development. The idea of the deck is to basically play all the lich type cards(like nefarious lich and Demonic Pact) along with some uncontrolled life-loss cards(demonic tutelage and Pitiless Horde) and give them to an opponent with sky-swallower or donate. VERY casual, unreliable idea that I'm just putting together for fun. Here are the cards I have put aside for it so far:
>Sky Swallower
>Donate
>Demonic Pact
>Immortal Coil
>Phage the Untouchable
>Summoner's Egg (Phage and Sky Swallower) Shenanigans)
>Endless Whispers (See "Summoner's Egg)
>Nefarious Lich
>Colfenor's Plans
>Abyssal Persecutor
>Dark Tutelage
>Repay In Kind
>Plunge into Darkness
>Witchbane Orb(so people can't give me the stuff back)
>Herald of Torment
>Pitiless Horde
>Dark Prophecy
>>
Gonna get a SoL&S. Do I get the Darksteel or MM version?
>>
>>43913814
DS is cheaper, MM has better art.
>>
>>43911195

Ah, I look into it, but I was looking for a Red/Green dragon deck and noticed the two of them had some synergy together.
>>
>>43912828
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/31-01-15-wonderful-wizards/
>>43907285
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/daxos-encantments/

haven't finished daxos yet so I can't say how good it will be
>>
>>43913649
It was a long time ago but i went up a Dralnu deck on Cockatrice once and it was unexpectedly threatening. I might have to make a fuck around deck for him, just not 100% on a direction to take it.

Don't forget about Oath of Lim-Dul and maybe Lich's Coffin or whatever it is. It's too bad the actual card Lich is so expensive, it seems so fun.
>>
>>43913649
Also, I find your description for your deck to be funny, I chuckled sensibly.
>>
>>43911968
You can set up an infinite gravecrawler loop up and kill by turn 4. Turn 3 in Magical Christmas Land.

>>43912148
I would add lava spike or another arcane sorcery to splice ritual onto. Goes infinite with Izzet Guildmage.

>>43913814
MM if you have the rest of that art cycle, otherwise DS. Judge foils are actually pretty reasonable IIRC.
>>
>>43913981
Thank you! I think I'll update Borborygmos' description from "burn" to "mana burn"
>>
>>43913981
>>43914185
Oh, you meant on tapped out. haha thank you!
>>
>>43913649
do you have any suggestions for a replacement for tibalt?
>>
>>43914244
The Duel-Decks alt-art Tibalt is a pretty good replacement :D

In all seriousness Tibalt is actually somewhat useful in the deck in addition to being hilarious. Plop him down turn two to be ready to use his -4 on turn four and get out Rakdos. Draw him late game and use him to get an extra draw or two. He's really surprisingly not bad.
>>
File: commanders.png (576 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
576 KB, 1200x600
Just started playing commander this year, any suggestions for my next commander?
>>
>>43914392
I've actually heard a lot of good things about Silvala but Sygg seems like he could be a lot of fun.
>>
>>43914392
Mizzix. Higher ceiling, more interesting strategy.
>>
>>43914392
Selvala's a lot of fun; cranking out a t4 Ulamog p cool.
>>
>>43903622
MLD with Root Maze and Winter Orb is my wincon. My wincon is making people scoop in despair, tears of frustration rolling down their pudgy, acne-scarred cheeks.
>>
>>43914392

I guess an elfball-ish with with Selvala at the helm could be a lot of fun. Just add some hate bears and lots of mass land destruction to it to even out the group hug bullshit.

Sygg will provably br my next Commander. I believe you can build a reasonably aggressive deck that still can abuse merfolks for infinite tokens while still having some great removal and counterspells to deal with your opponents. Hell, you can even have a Wizard subtheme and throw Azami in there if you want.
>>
>>43913533
haha holy fuck you took a good general and made her shit

how are you so bad lmfoloaolollaooool
>>
File: Laughing Whores.jpg (63 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Whores.jpg
63 KB, 480x480
>>43914611
>Nahiri
>Good
>>
>>43914416
>>43914498
>>43914510
>>43914594
Do any of you guys run these commanders? How do they play? Do you have any lists?
>>
>>43908361
Anon, Plaxcaster can target any creature with a +1/+1 counter on it, not just the creatures it's grafted counters on to.
>>
File: price_of_glory[1].jpg (28 KB, 210x300) Image search: [Google]
price_of_glory[1].jpg
28 KB, 210x300
This card is starting to climb in price. $0.25 to $1.30 in the last month. Fucking shits on Prophet.
>>
>>43914959
Dude I know runs that card in a Barfight deck. Shits fucking hilarious.
>>
>>43914959
I have one in my zurgo Funtron. It is hands down the ultimate "You wanna fucking go blue?" card.

I still relish the grimace on my friends face the other day when he lost almost his entire mana pool playing athersnatch.
>>
>>43914754
As far as monowhite goes, Nahiri is good if only because she generates much needed card advantage with Clamp that also has built in recursion for it.
>>
>>43914802
I've got a Mizzix deck. If you play her you need to be prepared to be the only one at the table having fun (if you're winning). Fun as hell to play, less so to play against as your turns will take a lot of time. Haven't got a list up at the moment, though. Sorry.
>>
File: Muh Commanders.png (822 KB, 1043x904) Image search: [Google]
Muh Commanders.png
822 KB, 1043x904
Rate me.

And yes, I have Shu Yun as a commander, and yes I'm disappointed in myself. He was my first, though.

Also, I'm looking to get a fifth deck built. I've got a list of legendaries I have in the pic, but I am open to other suggestions to fill a niche I haven't already gotten to. Most likely something sans red, considering how I have yet to make a deck without it.

Suggestions?
>>
>>43915381
Reminder that responding to Mizzix's experience trigger can build up more experience counters off low CMC spells.
>>
>>43915485
>No titans in Rakdos
The fuck is even the point then? Are you even running Void Winnower?
>>
>>43915488
my local group didn't believe me you could gain multiple counters by casting multiple spells in succession, despite it being pretty clear rules-wise
>>
>>43915485
Also, while I'm waiting, fun stories anyone?

-Have cast Shu Yun with 15 mana before

-Once dumped three full hands of creatures in a single turn with Rakdos

-Have yet to have a Yasova game where someone doesn't get triggered by me taking their creature
-Have forced numerous UGx babbies to kill their own Prophet in response to me taking it

-Once made a 40,000/40,000 Thromok (sac'd 100 tokens), then played a Fungal Sprouting. Doubling season, Primal Vigor, and Parallel Lives were ALL out. The two games going on nearby all had a good laugh, as everyone commented about how this was why EDH was made.
>>
why do people use casual as an excuse to not make well built decks?
>>
>>43915531
Don't have the money for them just yet, I have literally every Eldrazi in there that is usable and not a titan. And yes, I have the Winnower.
>>
>>43915485
>Yasova
>Always becomes archenemy

Every fucking game. I've stopped playing her because people can't stand having anything of theirs stolen. They just throw a bitch-fit then target me all game. Super fun deck, tho.
>>
>>43915594
Good on the Winnower. That thing wins games so hard it's unreal. You connect, vomit fat fuckers, then half the time your opponents can't clean up because of Winnower. He also makes Rakdos and Blightsteel LOL unblockable.
>>
>>43915616
Yeah, there is never a bad time to cast the Winnower, shit is ridiculous. I'm gonna pick up the two legal titans next paycheck, but for now I have to wait, sadly. And fuck yeah, Blightsteel is one of my favorites to dump out by turn 5 or 6.
>>
>>43915616
Winnower doesn't make them unblockable, just stops opponents from blocking with even-cost cards.
>>
File: lolipoppy2.png (331 KB, 453x264) Image search: [Google]
lolipoppy2.png
331 KB, 453x264
>>43915594
>someone casts winnower

>every answer in my hand is even costed.
>>
What are some good black nukes? I need to put in something to my Vela deck but Garruks wake is a bit too heavy for what I need.
>>
File: 1430024450050.jpg (13 KB, 255x225) Image search: [Google]
1430024450050.jpg
13 KB, 255x225
>>43915661
>Dropped $50 on Kosi/Ula a few months ago
>they're both $19 now
>mfw
>>
>>43915592
because finely tuned decks end up winning with the same condition every time and remove the unpredictability and variance between matches that makes casual play fun and appealing. next question.
>>
>>43915661
Today I kinda went apeshit with Rakdos. He's gonna have to lay low for a while and hope the game doesn't become legend.

>Turn 6
>Lim Dul's Hex hits 3 opponents
>Rakdos gets a full connect, so -9
>1 mana for Kozilek
>Play the Sol Ring I drew
>BB for Sidisi
>Self sac, tutor Winnower
>Drop him for free
>Drop Soul of New Phyrexia for free
>Drop Artisan of Kozilek for free
>Dat cast trigger
>Reanimate Sidisi
>Self sac, tutor Blightsteel
>3 mana for Blightsteel
>Still got mana up for Undying Evil

Game went Archenemy very quickly, but they couldn't get through the Winnower. They were chaining that Eternal Witsnake with Meren to Blustersquall me down every turn, but soon after Sheoldred got back Sidisi and Dread Cacodemon put a stop to that bullshit because Meren couldn't be recast due to being even.

Fucking Winnower man. They didn't even care about Blightsteel or Rakdos, Winnower was THE problem for them.
>>
>>43915572
>Reiterated (w/ buyback) Warp World a few times with Norin and 40+ permanents in play (mostly myr tokens)
>Lived the Mogg Infestation + Pandemonium + copy spell dream and got x * 2^n goblins/pandemonium triggers (x is original number of creatures minus Norin, n is number of copies)
>Milled 1/3 of everyone's decks with Altar of the Brood and Norin
>>43915488
>>43915543
This interaction alone makes me want to play Mizzix.
>>
>>43915765
Consistent play is easily exploited.
>>
>>43914802
I've played against Sylvala and Mizzix. Sylvala strikes me as very generic and boring battle cruiser magic. Mizzix is a solid spellslinger, not my first choice, that can snowball pretty quickly.

>>43915362
She has very modest CA potential and locks you into an extremely weak strategy. If you must play monowhite use Heliod.

>>43915592
That way it's your fault when they lose because you're "too competitive," not their fault for making misplays and running shitty cards. Stomping them with precons, like I did to a "casual" group I play with last weekend, shuts that down pretty quickly.

>>43915572
>recommendations
Build some kind of control next. Maybe stax or MBC.

>Stories
My Uril deck won a 20+ turn game once. Opponent was running a Brion prison deck, which managed to kill Uril a couple of times and resolved a land wipe. I cast Sigarda with my survivng dorks and rocks, which stopped him from doinking the last of my life total with Brion. There was a hilarious moment when he cast Devastating Dreams, dumping his hand and wiping his own land. I drew a second white source just in time to sneak Serra's Embrace under some other mana wipe and safely punch him to death.
>>
>>43915765
then why are you not playing with a win condition you want to see happen. Honesty if you get board of that deck play another deck.
>>
>>43915788
throw out a bunch of cantrips, gain a bunch of counters, and watch as you cast anything in your deck with 1-2 mana
>>
>>43915792
And going back and forth adding answers to answers to answers to decks, having an arms race, is nauseating
>>
>>43915807
we all don't need to play hyper competitive commanders, but a lot of people don't even think about their curve. Some people have said that winning turn 8 is to soon.
>>
>>43915765
>>43915765
You seem to have misspelled the word "linear" as "finely tuned." A shitty voltron deck has far less variety then the average tuned list.
>>
>>43915860
that is just called a meta change which will effect you no matter what.
>>
>>43915807
How does Sigarda stop Brion? Just as a blocker?
>>
>>43915909
There's nothing wrong with fielding budget or gimmicky decks, it's this attitude that everyone else has to play down to your level that's obnoxious.
>>
>>43907554
Mind sharing your Thrax deck?
>>
>>43915952
It won't affect him if he refuses to acknowledge it and calls people who knowingly engage in it tryhards ;^)
>>
>>43915611
Every Time, man. And it's not even like I keep the shit, I almost always sac it to feed like a perilous forays or some other shit, but no I touched your cards so I must die now. Makes me sad. Gonna just add Thada Adel and steal everyone's Sol Rings, it's obviously the only solution.

My favorite? I steal a Prophet, then they whine about how OP that will make me. Like, as if the moment it comes back to their side of the field it's immediately harmless, right?
>>
>>43915974
Yes. Brion would have killed me in one hit so Sigarda had to stay back until I could give her vigilance or lifelink.

>>43915860
That's called tuning. Looks like you are the tryhard, Anon :^)
>>
>>43913840
I dig it. I think I've been thinking of dropping some of the less stellar wizards to just run more counters and other spell junk.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oh-wow-another-azami-deck/
There is mine if you give a shit.
>>
>>43916030
Play March of the Machines so you can steal artifacts too.
>>
>>43915995
yea gimmick is not the problem and neither is money. Look if i am into EDH i have probably been playing for a while and have a lot of old powerful cards that i don't get to ply with in other formats. Lets name a place for Niv Mizzet besides as a commander. How am i an asshole for putting a tropical island in my deck when i have own once scene beta?
>>
How do I compete in a high-power / high budget meta when i don't have money to dump? My LGS has a lot of legacy players, and as such EDH nights are filled with people who have access to a lot of expensive, powerful cards. Dual lands, force, mana crypt, ect.

My problem is that I am not a legacy player, and I don't have a lot of cash to throw around to not get trashed at a casual edh tournament.

I don't really care what playstyle, what colors. I just want to be able to stand next to these guys and not tumble over.

tl ;dr how do i make a competitive deck with very little money?
>>
>>43916017
casual is " o i forgot you had that, let me redo this" not "why do you play with anything besides storm crow"
>>
>>43915703
>tfw you can't even
>>
>>43916132
Play Purphoros, or play cheap-ish cards that can blow a game out from nowhere. Someone doesn't quite kill the table with Hoof? Sweet, Rite of Rep it and finish the job.
>>
File: heyilearnedsomething.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
heyilearnedsomething.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>43916040
>Looks like you are the tryhard, Anon
Where did I say that I did that sort of thing myself, dipshit? Also, tuning and having an arms race are two different things. Tuning is just improving your deck while having an arms race is adding cards to deal with another person's deck specifically.
>>
Alright, I need some help:

I pulled an Obzedat recently and I am tempted to make a W/B deck around it. But I don't want to just go with another Orzhov lifegain/drain deck. Are there any interesting cards in the colors to exploit the blinky effect?
>>
>>43916282
You could play reanimator. It's not exactly original but here's a fun combo some anon mentioned in the last thread.

Blasting station (can dark rit for it turn 1)
T2 Entomb for a Boonweaver giant, Cast reanimate on it. Fetch a Gift of Immortality.
>>
File: bird.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
bird.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>43916316
>>43916316

Yeah, I guess to clarify, I'm thinking of combos similar to how red has Warstorm Surge and all the shenanigans involving Deadeye Navigator... just in WB colors.
>>
>>43916100
Niv shouldn't be a problem and neither should the trop.

>>43916245
>>43916245
Apples to apples. You're changing the deck in hopes of it performing better. Whether that's by disrupting other strategies or advancing your own, it's all the same.
>>
>>43916520
>>43916520
Sun Titan and Gravecrawler set up a lot of infinites. There's also the Bloodcrank and Sanguine Bond combos.
>>
>>43916520
Sun Titan + sac outlet + Fiend Hunter/gift of immortality
>>
>>43915572
>Play Toshiro vs two others
>Guy Insurrections with 100 powers on the board, every one at me.
>Darkness lol
>Kill him off. Other person didn't have much board presence, kill him off soon.
>>
>>43916049
I'd say that's a smart move, you're pretty light on counterspells
>>
File: NotSureIfDead.jpg (136 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
NotSureIfDead.jpg
136 KB, 480x360
>>43916632
>>43916783

Okay that's a start. I'll add a conjurer's closet too.

Also:

>Got a Long-forgotten Gohei at a recent draft
>Guh what shit
>Hmmm, this deck will have lots of spirits though...
>Let's see what "arcane" spells there are

Well, now I see why that subtype is extinct...
>>
File: EDH.png (2 MB, 1478x1122) Image search: [Google]
EDH.png
2 MB, 1478x1122
>>43915572
man...i kinda want to make a thromok deck and blow someone out of the water then fling him at another person

also lists
>>
File: BigO15.jpg (19 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
BigO15.jpg
19 KB, 300x225
>play shitty creatures Newzuri
>Drop Darksteel Myr
>no one wants to waste removal on it
>chumped for days
>slowly becomes a 40/41+
>equip surestrike trident
>mfw

Why is terrible jank so much fun?
>>
>>43917604
Which lists you want?
>>
>>43917681
meant decks (my decks) not lists haha
>>
When Corpse Augur dies, does it count itself?
>>
>>43917610
Newzuri is great for budget-y things.

You can just grab him and smash a fuckload of cheap VALUE mini-creatures in, not even any particularly rare or powerful ones, and he'll just eventually escalate if they don't start hating on you hard.
>>
>>43915485
>>43912648
Wait so if we're using this stupid 1-10 scale now where 1 is Craw Wurm and 10 is Hermit Druid, what about 2-8? We should probably standardize this scale. My idea:
>0. Shu Yun
>1. Craw Wurm
>2. Serra Angel
>3. Shivan Dragon
>4. Molten Primordial
>5. Nylea, God of the Hunt
>6. Tromokratis
>7. Gisela
>8. Avacyn
>9. Prophet of Kruphix
>10. Hermit Druid
>>
File: Dralnu-Lich-Lord.jpg (138 KB, 611x449) Image search: [Google]
Dralnu-Lich-Lord.jpg
138 KB, 611x449
Need to cut about 18 cards from this deck:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dralnu-the-spellslinging-lich-lord/
The lands are just place holders for now so ignore them.
>>
>>43917826
literally the first and only ruling on the gatherer page

>11/4/2015 You choose the target player as the ability goes on the stack, but you determine the value of X as that ability resolves. If you target yourself and Corpse Augur is still in the graveyard, its ability will count itself.
>>
>>43918200
Second guy here, literally just copy-pasted it and did arbitrary numbers that felt right. No actual references as of yet, sorry.
>>
>>43918321
I was looking on the magiccards.info page and it said nothing, thanks though. I figured he would but I figured I would double check.
>>
>>43918354
>>43918200
Lol first guy here. My numbers are pretty arbitrary too. I mean, Its all relative anyways. I also kind of based it around the idea that 7.5 is where the "75% decks" would lie on the scale and my first three decks are definitely not 75% decks.
>>
>>43917604
>man...i kinda want to make a thromok deck and blow someone out of the water then fling him at another person
Do it, shit's fun. Yah he's kind of a one-trick-pony, but god damn it's satisfying when he actually annihilates someone.

>>43917610
Because you never expect it to actually work, so when it does it's a delightful surprise.
>>
File: 1413330727695.png (469 KB, 752x734) Image search: [Google]
1413330727695.png
469 KB, 752x734
>>43916632
>>43916520
>>43916316
>>43916632
>>43916783

Hmmm, on deeper thought I might just go R/B/W Zurgo and use the pieces of the Boros and Orzhov Commander 2015 that haven't been broken up into my other decks. That way I can use the many "entry" effects I want to use.

Come to think of it, if I do this Mardu deck and a Gruul deck (I'd probably go with Angry Omnath and Elemental tribal) I'll have a commander deck for every possible color combo:

>Mono Red: Ashling kills everything and everybody
>G/W/B: Ghave, swarms of tokens and counters and much sac
>G/W/B (many shared cards): Doran the Treefolk Tribal
>R/U: Mizzix multiplayer mayhem (totally chaotic, 100% political, and not competitive)
>G/U: Ezuri's exotic elfish zoology
>W/U: Noyan-dar, roil masseuse
>B/U: Szadek voltron, but changing to Phenax, God of Walls
>R/W/B: Zurgo Zerg rush, kekeke (haste/entry effects with allies and giants?)
>R/G: Omnath elemental tribal (bffs with Titania)
>
>>
File: 1436343693076.jpg (149 KB, 811x739) Image search: [Google]
1436343693076.jpg
149 KB, 811x739
I have a question, everyone.
Why is The Mimeoplasm such a relatively expensive card for one that gets played so little? I mean, decklists exist, but what justifies the five dollar pricetag? Is it literally just the age/limited printing?
>>
>>43919253
>expensive
>five dollar pricetag
I guess i've just become too fucking desensitized to magic prices because $5 sounds pretty cheap to me
>>
>>43919313
I mean, it's relatively cheap, I just don't know why it's more than a couple bucks. I guess it's just because it's hard to find, but w/e
>>
>>43919253
He was a really popular general for a long time, and that demand drove up his price, but people got bored with him so you don't see him as often as you used to.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brozuri-lmao-dyel/

just finished typing this shit up. we didn't have FNM last week because of black friday so it's yet untested but I can't wait.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.