[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who plays dicemasters here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: DC_Dicemasters2.jpg (263 KB, 720x336) Image search: [Google]
DC_Dicemasters2.jpg
263 KB, 720x336
Who plays dicemasters here?
>>
Own some. Local meta is toxic, so no, I don't play.
>>
>>43902629
My brother.

I don't like my brother.
>>
>>43902648
>Local meta is toxic
how so?
>>
>>43902667
Among other things, they fell into the WK organized play trap. WizKids can't balance a game long term to save their fucking souls, and they encourage organized play by handing the really good stuff out only as event prizes. Win, or don't bother showing up next time.

There are some attitudes among them as well. Their general behavior means I'm not interested in playing *anything* with them. Life is too short to play with people like that.
>>
>>43902814
holy shit. I used to play heroclix so that event prize thing is so fucking true.

Thats unfortunate. It's a pretty fun game.
>>
It's a great game. I'm posses WotC is being cunts about the IP shit with the DnD set because the others don't interest me as much.

I play DnD, and my brother plays yugioh. Fun battles are had
>>
I fucking love dicemasters. my friends and i play when we can. It's totally replaced quarriors for me, and my wife and I play 2HG with my brother and his wife. It's good times.
>>
File: 1447288831706.gif (982 KB, 493x264) Image search: [Google]
1447288831706.gif
982 KB, 493x264
>>43902814
I play every week and have at least a complete set of commons and uncommons for every set except AvX.

I have no clue what chucklefuck here is talking about. Most OP cards are alternate art, super limited usage or meh.

You can find this years Salt Lake City decks, basically the nationals for the game, and there isn't an OP card in then top 4.

Right now though, the meta is skewed toward fast attack decks with a super quick ramp and Globals out the ass.
>>
>>43902629
The dice game from yugioh?
>>
>>43906001
I loved that game. I wish the real life counterpart was exactly like the show.
>>
>>43906026
I always assumed it was made up for the show (isn't it a manga too?). It seems like it would require a computer interface to actually work.

Is the IRL version even similar?
>>
File: 515D40TJZVL._SX425_.jpg (35 KB, 425x353) Image search: [Google]
515D40TJZVL._SX425_.jpg
35 KB, 425x353
>>43906041
not similar enough
>>
>>43906048
rip
>>
>>43902814
Oh my god, this. I used to play, til I realized that I couldn't just play casually.
>>
>>43902629
me, though I'm kinda turned off with how repetitive each builds are. Literally everyone I've met either has Mindflayer, Hulk, Human Torch, Professor X.
>>
>>43902629
A great game for casual play. You can simply buy a base set you and your friends like thematically and do draft games with each other, and you'll have a lot of fun.

Like people have said, competitive play makes shit wonky.
>>
>>43902629
I played Dragon Dice?
Are they made by the same company?
>>
Hands down my favorite table top ever. I'm missing line ten total cards.
>>
>>43902648
>toxic

Tumblrite detected.
>>
My wife and I pretty much organize whats left of the DM scene here in Lansing.
We have almost complete collection of every set so far. And yes early ramp, usually through globals is key. Professor X common and rare from Uncanny X-Men, Resurrection basic action from D&D, Red Dragon any rarity from D&D, Blue Eyes White Dragon Rare from Yu-Gi-Oh, Black Lantern Batman and Black Lantern Superman super rare from War of light. These are the most prominent examples of ramp using globals.
>>
>>43908350
>Hands down
I don't give a shit what your favourit tabletop game is.
Why should I raise my hand?
>>
File: 3331-Quarriors-1.jpg (53 KB, 600x487) Image search: [Google]
3331-Quarriors-1.jpg
53 KB, 600x487
>>43908311
It is not.
Dicemasters is essentially the game Quarriors (even the same designers & publisher), but tweaked to be about attacking life points instead of getting victory points, and to have a collectible format.

They did a really good job of it for the most part.

As I basically only play with friends I like playing casual draft style, sort of like >>43908035 suggests.
>>
Dicemasters is like MTG, only with dice, neckbeards who want to powergame, neckbeards that want to jerk off to their anime playing mats, neckbeards that want to argue about superhero capeshit, or 8 year olds who want to have fun playing a fun game.

All of those 8 year olds get abused by the neckbeards verbally, some physically.
>>
I'm looking forward to the TMNT set being a complete set for only $35.
>>
>>43908359
you're the only one triggered here, newfag.
>>
>>43908619
>All of those 8 year olds get abused by the neckbeards verbally, some physically.

kek
>>
ive played since avx. yu gi oh was the most ______fun set, and i loved that show as a kid.

dnd a shit
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.