[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goblins and little green people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 188x244) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 188x244
What are /tg/'s thoughts on goblins and how are they used in your campaigns?

Have you ever played as one?
>>
i personally like goblins more when they are tribal folk who are just trying to make a living. I like when they aren't locked into being an evil race either. In the campaign I'm in currently the gobbies or gorlops as some racists call them are like above. In the campaign i'm playing a goblin who is a paladin of kord, it's pretty fun.
>>
File: goblin.png (93 KB, 344x711) Image search: [Google]
goblin.png
93 KB, 344x711
I like as smartasses
>>
I love the idea of goblin tinkers and such as well as little mad green brewists
>>
File: 1431556341168.jpg (507 KB, 751x1101) Image search: [Google]
1431556341168.jpg
507 KB, 751x1101
I like goblins to be fetish fuel.
>after raiding their small village and killing all the male goblins, my NE (fluid) druid takes all the busty shortstack green women as his personal harem

but on a serious non-erp note, I like goblins as being their own culture and also working for orcs as underlings in orc culture.

I dont love steampunk so I am not a fan of the tinkerer style of goblins, but I do like them to be clever and good with witchcraft types of magic. I like the idea of goblins having no set alignments and being free willed to chose how they are based on their culture. I still love evil goblins though.

I like the warhammer and mtg boggart goblin styles. but I like how WoW makes goblins look (in general idea, their in game models suck)

I rarely get to play TTRPGs but I would love to play as a goblin thief or witch/warlock.
>>
I like goblins and goblinoids a ton, but despise PF goblins.
>>
>>43900436
Fuck, I just suffered a turn 2 kill thanks to that guy. Fuck Frick.
>>
>>43900436
Goblinoids are from the not-Asia of the setting. In human lands they're always bragging about how things are so much better back home and these pink barbarians don't know how to govern themselves. When the PCs finally went to goblin land, it turns out they were pretty much right. You can walk the streets at night without being accosted by a brigand or a monster, everyone can read and feed themselves, and they're not slaughtering each other over royal succession like the humans are.
>>
File: Cutesie.jpg (94 KB, 555x700) Image search: [Google]
Cutesie.jpg
94 KB, 555x700
>>43900436
I'm kinda divided.

I like them as both their own primitive race just trying to survive, but, at other times, I do like them as they originally were, mischievous impish spirits that just love wrecking shit.
>>
>>43900436
Goblins in my current setting are humans, cursed long ago by their patron God for failing to uphold the ideals of honour and family etc. The God transformed them to look as horrible as they had become on the inside.

Now they are an insular people, viewed as monsters by the outside world because of their appearance and their different social culture and practices. Any Goblins encountered in the outside world are bands of honourable warriors, out seeking a cause worthy to apply themselves to in the hopes of winning back their collective honour.
>>
>>43900436
For possibly no real reason I imagine them as a mainly subterranean race. They're a fairly primitive society of a neutral if understandably survival-at-all-costs oriented bent. Some are nomadic while others practice agriculture, but regardless life is rough about halfway up the weird subterranean food chain. They are prone to thieving, raiding, and being bullied into being minions and/or slaves of hostile forces, but generally they're happier when they can trade and form alliances with more reasonable nations.
>>
Shorstacks.
>>
>>43900436
petty thieves and hired muscle, but some have legitimate jobs, mostly relating to carpentry and small scale construction work.

AKA teamsters and unionized construction workers in fantasy Chicago.
>>
Horrible little bastard spites who mimic those who push them around. They pattern themselves to nearby cultures and assign themselves lords, chieftains, kings as appropriate, since most of their resources will be stolen and robbed from said culture.

They can talk and they're semi smart, possibly human teenager level, but they're uniformly hateful, driven by envy, greed and worse to commit harm for harm's sake.

They like to chop parts off of 'greater' beings and wear them as trophies to show their power at having dominated one of the bigger races. Worse still, they will go out of their way to snatch women and children, Male captives usually get worked or tortured to death. Female captives become goblin factories, the damn things are born nearly fully grown and in litters with a tiny gestation time.

So, they are dangerous, semi intelligent vermin who steal your women. Kind of like niggers.
>>
My goblins have been assimilated into human culture, more or less. They live in ghettos usually doing menial labor except for the craftiest who become successful merchants by using there relatives for cheap labor.
>>
>>43901326
PF goblins are disgusting tier.
>>
File: Necromancer_05_concept_art.png (164 KB, 342x302) Image search: [Google]
Necromancer_05_concept_art.png
164 KB, 342x302
I've never played goblin, but I've played a half goblin in a campaign before.

I really like goblins and feel bad that people usually dismiss them for other cannon fodder races.
>>
File: Styx-master-of-shadows.jpg (161 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Styx-master-of-shadows.jpg
161 KB, 600x300
Greetings from /v/

This is a pretty good game about being a sneaky goblin
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.