[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rip Slaanesh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: slaanesh.png (1 MB, 1517x1520) Image search: [Google]
slaanesh.png
1 MB, 1517x1520
So how do we feel about the upcoming death of slaanesh that GW's going to be doing. theyve not got any recognition and a lot of rumours about the death of slaanesh but it seems to be true.

also general wh thread
>>
>>43889872
Slaanesh a shit, always has been a shit and thankfully wont be a shit any longer because they wont exist any more.
>>
Where is slaanesh going in the lore? I heard they're trying to replace them with the horned rat and I have a pretty good hypothesis as to what actually happened.
>>
File: 220px-Nurgle_Symbol.png (86 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Nurgle_Symbol.png
86 KB, 220x220
I for one am alright with this turn of events.
>>
>>43891657
Don't be like that, you're all about cycles of rebirth as well as destruction and decay, anyway we had so much fun making STDs together. And how come you're OK with that horned rat, he's stealing all your mojo.
>>
>>43891763
Well, that's the way it goes. Slaanesh dies for a bit, the Horned Rat flails about just long enough for GW to realize it doesn't sell, then they Retcon Slaanesh back in and the cycle starts again.
>>
>>43889872
So what happens to the Noise Marines when Slaanesh dies? Do they worship Chaos Undivided or do they just die off with him/her/it
>>
>>43891834
Presumably the same thing that happens to people who worship The Corpse Emperor
>>
>>43892877
So all Slaanesh followers burst into portals where daemons spill out of?
>>
>>43889872
lulz GW is joining the PC parade. It was only a matter of time.
>>
File: Daemonette_objection.jpg (150 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Daemonette_objection.jpg
150 KB, 800x1000
Slaaneshi deamons are going to give up drugs and parties and instead become respected members of society
>>
>>43889872
Houserule says Slaanesh is still around and Horned Rat a shit
Problem solved
>>
>>43889872
will be retconed at some point
>>
>>43893038
ur mom will be retconed at some point lol
>>
>>43893053
Typical slaanesh fan
>>
>>43889872
Slaanesh in 40k has a big place in the lore (fall of the eldar) and it's own thing with noise marines and combat drugs etc.

In warhammer fantasy it was always just this really awkward god with fur wearing barbarians who are somehow also all decadent and sexy, and dark elves, but no real purpose other than being the 4th god.

It's not like anyone really cares about boobcrabs and daemonettes in fantasy, so it makes sense they shook things up in AOS but kept it around in 40k.
>>
Maybe ND will kill himself. We can only hope.
>>
>>43889872

>faggots actually believe this
>>
>>43891805
don't rinse and repeat
>>
File: Fraser.jpg (85 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Fraser.jpg
85 KB, 250x250
>>43889872
>muh da works at gw
>>
>>43889872
Apathetic. There's always rumors about some big shakeup at place and sometimes they turn out true.
>>
>>43893469
>In warhammer fantasy it was always just this really awkward god with fur wearing barbarians

That was always my issue with Slaanesh in Fantasy. According to the Lore, the biggest worshippers of Slaanesh are corrupted nobles from the different societies. But there was never really an opportunity to make a Chaos Tainted Empire army. If you wanted Chaos, you went full barbarian. There wasn't any half-measures.
>>
File: Excerpts on Slaanesh.jpg (3 MB, 3519x1708) Image search: [Google]
Excerpts on Slaanesh.jpg
3 MB, 3519x1708
>>43899004
>>
File: 1444775746584.gif (3 MB, 375x211) Image search: [Google]
1444775746584.gif
3 MB, 375x211
>>43889872
>Well people didn't like it when we killed off an entire ingame universe, races and game type
>They'll love it if we kill of a Chaos God!

Someone needs to call services on GW and have Warhammer taken away from this abuse.
>>
slaanesh has not died in AOS sigmar finds a woman being "isis'ed" by some chaos warriors and saves her she's naked its obviously slaanesh and he takes her back with him. obv his new fun friend. makes sense really stormcast are a little "too perfect if you know what I mean.
>>
>>43907425
I mean shes getting "teased by some warriors of chaos.... yer.......
>>
*Exuberant Khornate cheering*
>>
>>43891805
Or GW doubles down because GW
>>
>>43889872
Is this only for Age of Sigmar or is it for 40k aswell?
>>
>>43889872
If slaanesh is dead why is Archaon still mounted on Dorghar?
>>
>mfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybEjAhhvd0w
>>
>>43889872
Additionally, if Slaanesh is dead why is there a warband of Slaanesh for pre-order.
>>
File: 1310767338458 (1).png (379 KB, 438x507) Image search: [Google]
1310767338458 (1).png
379 KB, 438x507
>Killing Slaanesh

>Dat feeling when you own a massive Chaos army of old daemonettes and seekers, the forgeworld Keeper and tons of converted minis, including heralds.

Remember when in-fluff, the only reason Khorne haven't done that with the one thing that might MIGHT kill a Chaos God, is the mutually assured reality fucked up beyond saving was a thing?

Age of Smegma killed my first love in war gaming and now it's coming for my 40k faction?

Whilst I highly doubt they would do anything to 40k, this un arse pounding turn of events is the reason I don't even glance at new GW releases.
>>
>>43889872
Seeing how much of a hype-hive that oversimplifies and prematurely draws conclusion /tg/ is, I will have to need any and all source outside of the known "Slaanesh got lost somewhere, Horned Rat is elbowing his way in" cited this instant or else I shall ridicule any and all claims of the Slaanesh's complete removal from Warhammer in any shape or form.
>>
IIRC Slaanesh is currently "imprisoned" by the elves, and the Horned Rat rose to fill the power vacuum. All of the other chaos gods mutually hate the rat, which is leading chaos to fight against the Skaven even more than usual.
>>
>>43891592
Slaanesh was abducted by the leaders of the High and Dark Elves, other than Morathi.
They made him spit up the Elf souls he ate in End Times, because suddenly Aelves appeared.

His Keepers are fighting to see who replaces him or trying to find him.

GHR was promoted to the Great Game in his place, but the rest of Chaos hates and refuses to work with him. Skaven are Daemons now. They tunneled so deep into the Warp it partially collapsed into the Age of Sigmar mortal planes.
>>
>>43893013
They didn't give up shit, they just swapped purple snd psychedelic for black and joined Morathi instead.
>>43893469
>>43899004
In Fantasy, Slaanesh was pride. He corrupted all races other than Lizardmen, whereas there was never a Nurgle Elf or a Khornate Dwarf and everybody other than humans hates Tzeentch.

Slaanesh may have had no origin story, but he was more important than Tzeentch or Nurgle were.
>>
>>43910216
>They tunneled so deep into the Warp it partially collapsed into the Age of Sigmar mortal planes.
Is it satire ?
>>
>>43907425
>>43907433
Actually, she was being teased by Nurglites and she says she is tainted and has two shadows.

More likely Be'lakor. Or Morathi. Those are the shadow characters, although with Nurgle it could be an elf too.
>>
>>43909595
Shared Warp, but not a parallel timeline.
Slaanesh may get booted out well after the end of all things in 40k.

>>43909728
He has no Slaanesh head.

>>43909770
Luxcious is the Keeper of Secrets acting in Slaanesh's stead. Slaaneshi still exist, but are diminished greatly in importance.
>>
>>43909989
In theory, your Forgeworld Keeper got a promotion and is now in a Game of Thrones style conflict with all other Keepers for the role of Ur-Slaanesh. Which is what they call Slaanesh as a title rather than character.
>>
>>43910147
Chaos actually promoted the Rat as Slaanesh's replacement.

He ain't dead, but he's out of the Game. If he comes back it'll be to Horned Rat's old rank.
>>
>>43910269
No. Skaven's thing is being able to appear anywhere at any time via creating the Underdark. Since every Wind of Magic is a whole planet now, that doesn't make sense.

So the new story is they tunneled through reality, and can still invade anywhere at any time. No Chaos portals required.
>>
File: Przechwytywanie.jpg (90 KB, 1271x704) Image search: [Google]
Przechwytywanie.jpg
90 KB, 1271x704
Slaanesh confirmed alive and fucking.. I mean kicking. See on the side of Archaon's new box
>>
>>43910354
I noticed that too. Why isn't Slaanesh represented on the model though?
>>
>>43910377
have you seen this thing's dick? There is located the 4th head.
>>
>>43910377
>>43910401
there is also tiny mark on Archie shield
>>
>>43910377
Slaanesh is still part of Chaos, like Be'lakor. He just isn't a Chaos God anymore, just a God of Chaos like Horned Rat was in Fantasy. He still has his own army though, just like Skaven were.

So he'll show up as a Chaos faction army symbol for that purpose.
>>
>>43910377

>learn to lore....

nuf said.

>>43889872

Personally think Slaanesh will be like one of those 70´s rock band that disappears from the face of the earth because popularity drops. Then will re-appear a decade after, with some new band members and a more up to date sound. In GW´s case we are more probably talking new lore and new models.
>>
>>43910305
>no Slaanesh head

The body is Slaanesh's representation. Dorghar was a beast of desire.
>>
>>43910333
> 'Promoted'
More like he just sat in Slaanesh's seat and is being that guy about leaving.
>>
>>43911177
The lore is literally that they chose GHR.
They just hate him, but they all hate each other anyway. GHR just doesn't make pretenses about backstabbing.
>>43911167
Citation plz?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.