[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how did your session this week go? what happened in your campaign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: 1405270346512.jpg (412 KB, 700x1038) Image search: [Google]
1405270346512.jpg
412 KB, 700x1038
how did your session this week go?
what happened in your campaign this far?
Just interested in your stories
>>
is anyone here even playing anymore? ;_;
>>
>>43888746
Nobody here has ever played. The storytimes are all people imagining what playing an RPG might be like, in the hopes they'll impress the imagined mass of actual RPG players who they assume browse here, and fit in; they are believed because nobody else has any experience either.

Why did you think that everybody was so focused on white-room charop, That Guy stories where nobody behaves in a realistic human manner, and quest threads?
>>
>>43888880
I know this is a running joke on this board, but I come closer to believing this every damn week.
>>
>>43888511

Another PC fucked my love interest. They were going around behind my back for half the campaign.
>>
>>43888511

My character installed surveillance in the team HQ without telling the others, except for the impressionable one with near godlike powers, who he pressured into helping on the magical side of things (as my guy can only do technology).

The supersoldier is still crushing on the plantgirl, but she's trying to get over it now that she confessed and in the last session went on a date with the steampunk gadget girl NPC.

Also there was a bank robbery, but mostly feelings.
>>
My fucking dwarven geomancer turned into full wrestling mode
GM gave every character a negative trait mine is exhibitionism but now whenever my character starts wrestling while naked he gets +2 wrestling and he has an intro song when he starts fighting.
Everytime i tried to cast a spell it failed miserably.

wressling naked turns my character into a fucking killer
>>
File: 400px-Hitler_fedora.jpg (39 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
400px-Hitler_fedora.jpg
39 KB, 400x600
It went so-so, which is the best we can currently hope for. Upon "awakening" for the session's adventures, we discovered 1/10 of all NPCs had been killed off following a flash of lights in the sky. As we continued to explore the strange island the game takes place we discovered evidence that this was likely caused by strange stones another PC (not present for the setting) had been scattering around the island at the behest of a villain many party members already know to be pure evil. We discovered a magical box containing a Githzerai woman who claimed she "vas entirely capable uf eradicating zes fiends if ve only released her." She just wanted to promote a little order and all, which her armies had done across the cosmos. After much debate and it being pretty obvious she was some kind of space Nazi we decided to resolve it by having the Half-Orc Barbarian arm wrestle the Half-Elf Sorcerer. The dice gods decided not to doom our world that day, and by some miracle the sorcerer with the -1 STR modifier won. That Guy, a tree-person druid, did not witness this amazinginess, as he had already used magic to call for a schizophrenic nature dragon to come destroy the place and fled. He has now abandoned the party twice in a row.
>>
>>43888917
Joke?
>>
File: 1344052437380.jpg (45 KB, 440x778) Image search: [Google]
1344052437380.jpg
45 KB, 440x778
>>43889032

The reason it is so-so at best is primarily That Guy. He's just awful, and he seems to get worse every time we play. In essence, he wants to win at D&D. So he tries to find the strongest, most broken things he can use in order to make himself the best, and then in game seek wealth and/or magical items, usually the former to obtain the latter. He's selfish in that way, too. While in one session he managed to snag some magical crystals that an NPC will trade for magic items, and claimed he didn't share them because "nobody asked for them" - despite my character having freely done just that in a previous session - his same stupid tree assaulted another character over items he had no way of knowing he possessed. This (actually in-character) greedy cleric had found magical mystery boxes on a sunken ship they were exploring after splitting up, and decided to hide them in his pack. When everyone asked if he found anything he said nah. But Mr/ Tree knew! Somehow, he knew! So he, as they are swimming through shark-infested waters to leave, rolls Perception to see these things peeking out of the cleric's bag, and rolls well (because the fucker always rolls well) and starts demanding to know what's in the bag. The cleric tells him to fuck off, but he won't. HE TRIES TO BURN THE GUY'S HOUSE DOWN TO GET THE ITEMS HE HAS NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT. As the local town guards dragged the talking tree off to jail, he exclaimed "Wait! I have information that he's hiding something!"

So the Sorcerer started his first session with this group having learned a tree was arrested.
>>
>>43888995
Like grappling?
>>
>>43889102
yeah
>>
>5e, fantasy with magitech
>world is dying
>we going into space now
>it's pretty much Star Trek with magic
>hell, our fucking C.O. is basically William Shatner
>party is a kobold ranged battlemaster (me), harpy warlock slut, weird spider-humanoid barbarian/rogue thing who spent a good few years being a charlatan, and a human cleric
>poor little pelor cleric.jpg
>had a chat with the spider lady, the harpy joining after she had fucked not!William Shatner fucking already, while we were cruising through hyperspace
>probably the most character intensive sessions I've had in a while, and this is only supposed to be a short lived campaign
>just come across a race of insectoids that is appearing to be immediately hostile
>told us to just surrender immediately

We came to the wrong sector.
>>
>>43888511

It's going all right. Helping a pair of friends playtest this new system, which is centered around players taking leadership roles, so there's a set of inspire/planning/organization etc skills and stats in addition to your usual battery of strength, nimbleness, vitality, magical aptitude, etc.

The system's ok and getting better, the campaign is quite neat, actually. My only complaint is that they keep retconning mechanics, and I have to keep rebuilding my character between sessions to comply with the new rules; given that I'm growing attached to the guy, it's quite jarring.
>>
>>43888511
Our session went really well, everyone had fun. We're currently running around Winter Court, dodging assassination attempts by some crazy organization, trying to get two of the PC's married, and I'm personally forming all sorts of alliances and friendships.

Playing L5R 4th edition, of course. And there's...well, the game has been ongoing for several years at this point, so it's far more backstory than I feel up to writing.
>>
>>43888511
Dungeons the dragoning.
Space combat in an intergalactic tournament to determine the rulers of a crystal sphere.

Our plan involves dicking around helping the long odds competitors reach the later round in a scheme to bankrupt the sphere.

The widows and orphans fund (lowest seed but actually quite worrying in hand to hand combat, being battle nuns of Cuthbert) successfully ruin the starscream raiders with the aid of the PC exalts. Massive upset ensues. Next up is our match against the number two seed.
>>
>>43890724
So...D&D Mortal Kombat in space? Cool, cool.

Who's the second seed?
>>
Ho boy. So I ran a short Delta Green adventure for a bunch of new players friends of mine. The objective was simple. Figure out what caused this dude to spontaneously self combust. Well, the PCs got it into their heads that the throw away NPC who was there just to let them know that hey weird shit is happening was THE MAN. And so they concocted a plan to kidnap this guy who was frankly totally unimportant to the story as a whole.

So they start by showing up at his house asking to talk to them. He tells them to "Piss off you wankers I don't have time to deal with your shit." At this point the guy and his wife get a nice good look at all of their faces. So they leave and approach him at work. Now all of his co-workers have seen them too. Again he tells them to piss off and they leave. Then they go and scope out his house. They find out he has a house alarm system and know he has a wife that stays at home.

So they break in through the back door by shattering the glass panel. At night. The guy walks down stairs with a cricket bat. They tackle him and hog-tie him after a brief scuffle. His wife screams and calls the police. She manages to get out the words "Oh god help me!" Before one of the PCs knocks her out and says into the phone "Ignore that everything is just fine!" in a gruff male voice. So now the house alarm is going off, the cops think people are being murderers there, and the PCs are still DETERMINED to kidnap this guy and apparently now his wife because they don't want to leave witnesses.

So they chuck these two into the back of their creeperwagon and speed off with a cop in hot pursuit. At the first sharp corner the driver loses control and slams into a wall. The cops get out and tell them to surrender, instead they charge and get in a fist fight with the two cops. One of them gets off a call for back-up before getting tazed into submission and yet more cops are on the way.
>>
>>43891066
So they grab the dude and shove him into the cop car and everyone else piles in where they can. These are brit cars, they're not very big. So they speed off down the street away from oncoming cops and the same driver manages to do the impossible, rolls a crit fail on a drive check and flips the car. The battered and bruised PCs in the front of the vehicle get out of the vehicle as the cops pull up to a halt and they try to bolt - forgetting that the pcs in the back of the car can't get out unless someone else opens the door from the outside. So one of them runs back, opens the car door, and get tackled by coppers. The other PCs try to flee but get run down by cops and arrested. One of them manages to break free and get lost in the alleyways, but there's a city wide manhunt for the woman that badly mauled four cops.

Now I'm trying to figure out what the fuck to do because they've got no pull in Great Britain to get out of this mess but they haven't done anything to get MJ-12 to come knocking either.
>>
>>43890006

You deserve everything you get, you dumb asshole.
>>
>>43888511
It went pretty well. My hunters managed to destroy a caribbean witch by applying folk tales judiciously. Unfortunately for them, they didn't bother looking around the witch's place, so they missed a lot of background information that would help them solve the current situation (of which the creature was but a symptom) and are currently following the wrong guy.
I love how the game is coming together through small things, and the players seem engaged even if it's quite different from what they are used to playing, so that's a win for me.
>>
>>43888511
The terrorists we stopped last session have stormed the hospital where my character is being treated for the injuries she sustained while fighting them.
>>
It went pretty well, it was a non-combat session but was pretty fun. Started out as a lazy rainy day and some house cleaning, which led to the discovery of some sort of gem surveillance device in the house. Upon being found it retreated by rolling away, which prompted a chase by the party across the beach and eventually through town. After a surprising amount of difficulty we finally managed to catch it and send it to the temple for containment.

So far in the campaign it's been mostly flavor of the week, though for awhile there's been a growing problem of some sort of plant based or plant controlling menace, most likely a hostile gem. It started out when we went to an old abandoned gem temple deep in a forest, continued in the Halloween game when a undead seaweed monster stalked and attacked us, and then most recently when we found an old hidden pirate lair with similar undead plant pirate monsters. The cause I believe, is a jade hairpin comb which likely has a gem in it. The problem is that the comb was kept a secret by one character, who used it for its purpose on another character. That character now wears the comb in her hair, and has been acting strangely so I think it's possessing her or something. Either way I'm betting the whole plant monster business isn't done just yet, and it will all eventually come back to the comb. All that's to see, is how bad things get for the possessed character.
>>
File: yuki_bump.jpg (65 KB, 686x600) Image search: [Google]
yuki_bump.jpg
65 KB, 686x600
We played two different games this weekend, first one I played in and the other one I DMed.

In the first one, the party's bard/actor/playwright staged an epic retelling of an ancient saga, in order to boost the morale of a group of refugees we'd rescued from a ruined country in the north. And my magic knight character issued a challenge to the bravest of their youngsters, planning to recruit a squire from among them. Together with an old military instructor of hers, she arranged several tests of their aptitude - we're still halfway through them where the session ended.

And in the second game, I ran my players through a spooky haunted mansion, which they got to explore in detail while trying to survive the various hazards there and piece together the mystery surrounding the hauntings. They finally reached the gate to a hidden inner sanctum in the cellar, when we ran out of time, so getting in there and confronting the source of the evil power itself will have to wait until next weekend.
>>
>>43888511
GM spend the whole session dragging one party member from building to building expositing at him, while the rest of the party got to do fuck all that was important. Eventually we just fucked around, but this gave us infamy points.
Notable highlights include:
>Only one party member getting any information whatsoever, even though another PC actively went out and looked for it
>A shot that should've completely missed still disabling my character's arm
>Not even getting the chance to resist being knocked unconscious several times
>One party member blowing up a bar and severely injuring several civilians, gets +4 infamy
>I shoot one person to test a shield they were showing us, and disabling one door that I would've fixed later anyway, +10 infamy

All in all, 2/10, would not play that session again.
At least it wasn't last session, where a player got to do literally nothing until the last five minutes of the session.
>>
>>43888511
A technomacer, a 16 year old girl, and an ex-military infiltrator who totally isn't the Predator robbed a charity auction held by the Make-A-Wish Foundation
>>
>>43891133
Effective TPK. That or a mysterious benefactor reroutes their prison transporter and they work for him/her now.
Think Bain from Payday or something: a voice on a phone with instructions to give. When they get to the rendezvous their fugitive friend is waiting, having been previously brought along by agents of their new boss. They just became double agents.
>>
>>43891133
It's simple have the Chinese atack and an erent bomb blows the back off there holding cell
>>
>>43888511
>suffer our version of the Tet offensive
>our nation decides to pull out our troops
>A group of officers (my self included) decided to fuck that and made a "pronunciamiento" live on the news explain why we won't leave (we are fighting !notISIS so go figure out what happens)
>political crisis back home
>we got a two year extended leave
>we are now enrolled as a volunteer battalion for the local government

Also, I started doing a radio program and became a sort of Adrian Kronauer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAFXOnKDWdI
>>
bump for more stories
>>
>>43888917
Would it make you feel better if I posted pics of past sessions, anon? I play weekly.
>>
>>43901635
Yes
>>
My players blew up a warehouse with a fertilizer bomb.

Other than that not much happened.
>>
I remember the stories my grandfather told about Nam. He said he was positioned at the "mouth". Shit must've gone to hell, because he said at least half of the platoon he was in returned home with horrible bites. He himself had nightmares about teeth for decades.
>>
My players killed an important merc team, now the merc company is pulling all resources to start a manhunt for them
>>
File: 50 50.png (1001 KB, 1233x718) Image search: [Google]
50 50.png
1001 KB, 1233x718
Our last session was an all- RP session, we've been on the road with a large group of refugees fleeing a large city which was just destroyed. We stopped in a town along the way to visit a smith, get drunk, and go to a brothel. A surprising amount of drama happened but nothing hugely campaign-defining.

my cleric confessed to his childhood friend/love interest though, it was really cute[/]
>>
>>43898487
>!notISIS
>notnotISIS
So exactly ISIS then.
>>
>>43889704
I never understood this fucking in rpgs
Isnt it awkward as fuck at the table after such a thing
>>
Combat. Lots of combat.

What happens when you combine two-handed power attack, big creatures, Improved Critical, and high player armor class? Players are going to feel great about not being hit, right up until they get critted.

One of the party's two less-squishy characters, a ranger initially intended as a switch hitter but since then repurposed as an archery death machine, rounded the corner of a hallway into a readied action confirmed 2h power attack x3 crit from a large creature, which didn't insta-kill him by only 2HP. He got better, sure, but right now most of him is being held together with positive energy alone - and he's not the only one.

In 6 IRL hours, the party had 30 minutes of in-game prep and 2 minutes of in-game combat. Their resources are drained practically to the bone. Having literally just woken up, all they now want is to go back to sleep.
>>
>>43888511

The session was cancelled for turkey day this week.

Last week the group discovered robots disguised as monks seeking to destroy their village. They sought them out quickly and fought them in a movie theater. One of the party has an extraordinary sense of smell so they really caught m off guard and found them without trouble.

Really it was the execution. They waited until they were all alone to strike and didn't use firearms to not draw attention. Surprising careful of colteral damage.

It's largely a homebrew game.
>>
>>43902911
Yeah, but it's the Ace Combat Universe
>>
>>43888880
>>43888917
>>43889053
>It all a ruse

BRAVO KOJIMA
>>
>>43888511
Not great. Tried to run a session of Burning Empires after having a good time with character generation and world burning. It didn't work out, partially due to technical difficulties/family stuff on the part of 2/4 players and partially because I couldn't get them invested in the game's peculiar scene economy, which requires a lot of player initiative.
>>
We spent 2 OC hours listing all the problems we had that may or may not be part of the larger conspiracy and got no closer to managing to work out what is going on, then we staged a trap and finally managed to take a traitor alive and now we just have to hope an interrogator can get them to talk and tell us what the plot is with out him telling the boss of the secret police that the party is actually in the secret secret police.
>>
>>43888511
My gaming group just crumpled like wet tissue paper because apparently having a practically-nationalist-socialist German dude and a pretty-much-anarchist American guy at a table playing a Dwarf and an Elf respectively turns out less like Legolas and Gimli and more like the War of the Beard.

So now I need to find a new fucking group.
>>
>>43888511
>Shadowrun 5 last sunday
Players solved a mystery about a hold-up in a train, called a deathsquad to deal with the culprit gang, got only half of the pay. Extremely fun and I had to reward them a lot because they had really good ideas during all the session.
Before that they had to steal the new fashion collection that was destined to catwalks, with the adept/face stealing one for herself. Flawless operation that was highlighted by crashing a cargo container on a security checkpoint.

>D&D5 tuesday
Attacked a temple, rekt half the adepts, got forced to flee.

>Shadowrun 5 friday
New group, char creation and intro mission. Something about drugs, helicopters and strippers.
>>
File: KoboldMystic.jpg (11 KB, 143x256) Image search: [Google]
KoboldMystic.jpg
11 KB, 143x256
>>43888511
Well, I didn't play this week, but last week we actually finished our 5e campaign; we stopped a demon from destroying the barrier around the Material that was preventing planar travel. It still ended up getting destroyed, but more on our terms and we sealed the BBEG into a painting for what hopefully turns out to be eternity, meaning she can't take advantage of it. We ended up making a SHIT ton of gold; enough to basically do whatever our characters wanted to individually. My Kobold ended up using his money to carve out a safe space for all kobolds and any other marginilized peoples (halflings, half-orcs, etc.) It's really more like a huge nature preserve than a country, and doesn't technically have any sovereignty of its own, but I'm hoping that by calling it the Kobold Nation it'll catch on outside our borders and grow into something more. The Kobold Nation has a unique export; it's the only source of powerful magical crystals, and also the only artisans that know how to cut and refine them.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.