[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Force of Will Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 18
File: ForceOfWill.jpg (133 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
ForceOfWill.jpg
133 KB, 450x350
Who plays this game?
>>
You
>>
I don't But I do like magical girls, and the girl in your image looks like one, so give me the details anyway.
>>
Should I?
I mean I was looking for an alternative to MTG cause it's expensive as fuck, but I dunno.
>>
>>43888430
Based off of what you just posted, I will never play it in my years of life, nor in the afterlife.
>>
>>43888546
Do it. It's pretty cheap and is pretty fun. The new set coming out in a few weeks looks great too.
>>
>>43888491
That's Alice in Wonderland. She travels between dimensions and stuff fighting an evil clown.
>>
How does the game work? I tried watching the videos on the homepage and they were incredibly cringey. I've played MtG casually/competitively for 7-8 years now, the rules similar much? Cards expensive? Best way to get into the game?
>>
>>43891977
Rules are similar. The main differences are that your lands are in a separate deck so you don't have to worry about mana screw/flood and you draw before you untap. You also have a ruler which makes it like EDH but no 1 of everything.

Some of the cards used to be expensive because they were only in starter decks that had limited print. Those cards are being reprinted in a new set soon so their prices will drop a lot. The best way in if you want to be competitive is probably just to buy a premade deck. Otherwise I'd say get 2 Vingolfs for all the dual lands and then a couple boxes of the new set and singles to finish off.
>>
>>43888546
FoW is pretty cheap right now since it's so new and there are new decks and a set coming out in a week.

>>43888586
But it's mega fun

>>43891855
Dark Alice is top waifu

>>43891977
It's pretty similar to Magic, but cheaper and less western
>>
>>43894389
Fairy Alice > Dark Alice

Fairies are much cuter.
>>
Does anyone want to setup a skype group for this game and like play using web cams or something?
>>
Any ways to play online for free? I distinctly remember one site but I can't remember what it was. Looking to learn how to play and see if its fun before blowing $$.
>>
I'm interested in it. But not sure
>>
>>43894991
LackeyCCG or OCTGN. I use Lackey.
>>
>>43895119
thanks, also found the place I remembered, untap.in
>>
>>43895515
Good to know! How active is it?
>>
>>43895767
saw 1 game open, but it looks like it has a good interface
>>
Bought my first pack yesterday, pulled a full art Snow White.

Was so elated I got a couple more, pulling another Snow White (normal) and a Rezzard.

Anyone else going to get the starter decks for TTW?
>>
>>43897529
The starter decks aren't for competitive players. I already have decks so won't be getting them but they are a good way to get your feet wet I suppose.
>>
Almost done with my Saint Alice deck. Just waiting to sell some Magic cards.
>>
>>43897529
I want to get the Pricia or the Arle one. I'm new so them being aimed at beginners is great.
>>
>>43897883
Mind sharing your deck list?
>>
>>43897899
I want all of them so I can have an excuse to be the guy that runs the janky new Valentina.
>>
>>43898033
Wait is there some new Valentina that runs all colors?
>>
What's a good deck I should start with/build towards? I play mainly control decks in Magic if there's a good analogue. Drawing cards is my jam.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
Anime fapbait will never have any longevity and I actively call out any who play as pedophiles if they give me reason.

Although I do the same to anyone with Loli sleeves and mats.
>>
>>43898584
But the game is far superior to Magic and far cheaper
>>
File: valentina-jruler[1].jpg (527 KB, 538x757) Image search: [Google]
valentina-jruler[1].jpg
527 KB, 538x757
>>43898261
Shit nigga where you been
>>
>>43898524
A quick look on the wiki implies that they broke up the MtG's blue effects between Water (which got the tricky stuff: limiting actions, removing untap, ability copying and mind control, etc.) and Wind (which seems to specialize in straight-up counterspelling along with deck searching and reducing casting costs). It seems nice that there's not just a single "lolnope" color and an opponent can't just use one type of deck to do every kind of annoying thing. You can still do a Wind+Water deck, but at least there's the "it's the wrong color" issue to contend with.
>>
>i don't pay for mtg because unreasonable price
>here's a reasonable priced cardgame
>any place to play for free
never change poorfags.
>>
I'm holding on do a lotta rares and such incase this game gets popular.

It's an investment ;)
>>
>>43898895
holy shit that's amazing
>>
>>43898895
You have a decklist for this?
>>
>>43898829
>Implying I'm not actively crashing the secondary market by selling counterfeits to online shops

Please.
>>
File: 968f123a75[1].jpg (83 KB, 491x416) Image search: [Google]
968f123a75[1].jpg
83 KB, 491x416
Hot damn they're madmen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk0Gmo1ZpLo

>>43899342
I just said I was buying starter decks, of course I don't.

From what I remember though from discussions awhile ago a lot of their God's Arts didn't help Valentina a lot, so focus on the ones that can would be my guess.
>>
>>43899469
Those uber rares are nice af
>>
>>43899519
Wish the Ruler sides were a little more pimped out.
>>
>>43899469
That dude's engrish was cute af for some reason.

Also those uber rares look really nice. Buying packs at all profitable in this game?
>>
>>43899469
i hop u rike it
>>
>>43899834
If you buy a box it can be
>>
>>43899469
I can't stop watching this. The engrish is too good. As is the scratch n sniff part.
>>
>scratch and sniff
well here you go, the solution to smelly flgs all over the world.
>>
>>43903233
based
>>
Where can I find the rules for the limited format of this game? Some people at my lgs were looking for them
>>
>>43903989
Exactly like Magic's but in Draft you have a set ruler while in Sealed I think you can proxy one from the set.
>>
File: tmp_5115-FoWCR-1553045562.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5115-FoWCR-1553045562.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43903989
>>
>>43888430
I come from mtg and now i play fow too. Good game and with different decks in meta. Saint Alice ftw
>>
File: The_Little_Match_Girl.jpg (156 KB, 687x960) Image search: [Google]
The_Little_Match_Girl.jpg
156 KB, 687x960
Force
Of
Waifu
>>
>>43906422
This card is going to be strong, I'm sure of it.
>>
Why don't we:
>playan

>buildan

>listan
>>
>>43888430
If this game didn't have the most cringeworthy artstyle I might give it a shot. But I refuse to play a game with animu fapbait as characters.
>>
>>43906697
The character in the OP could only be more covered if she were wearing a burka.
>>
>>43906697
top blog, would subscribe.
>>
>>43906764
I don't care that much about the bare skin, it's more the kawaii uguu animu style that bugs me.
>>
I saw it this weekend at a convention, how is it?
>>
File: 104964[1].jpg (28 KB, 200x292) Image search: [Google]
104964[1].jpg
28 KB, 200x292
>>43906783
Why can't you just say anime art style? It's clear it's already a huge negative for you so why bother with all the modifiers?
>>
>>43906821
Because I don't dislike the anime style in general. That dragon is cool looking for example. I specifically dislike the glittery prepubescent schoolgirl -look.
>>
File: 104970[1].jpg (18 KB, 200x286) Image search: [Google]
104970[1].jpg
18 KB, 200x286
>>43906869
There is something for everyone, especially people of your inclinations.
>>
>>43906922
MALE

POWER

FANTASY
>>
One thing I don't understand about these Japanese card games is that why they always have their stats unnecessarily increased a hundredfold.
>>
>>43907341
We answered it before. It's because unlike murrikans, japs know how to count more than 10.
>>
>>43907341

Because their currency routinely goes into thousands and tens of thousands for various purchases, so Japanese people are more used to adding up hundred and thousands in their heads than they are ones and tens.
>>
>>43907409
hmmmm, never thought about that before but it makes a surprising amount of sense. Learn something new everyday.
>>
>>43906697
>most cringeworthy artstyle
There are card games where 99% of the cards are cute girls, Force of Will doesn't come close
>>
>>43888430
I would play the shit out of it, but unfortunately, art is 50% of why I play MTG.

In choosing the game with better rules and terrible anime inspired art on half the cards, or the game with admittedly declining, but STILL NOT ANIME INSPIRED art, and shittier rules, I have to choose NOT ANIME every time.
>>
Quack quack
>>
File: cardart_jfkajbsdf[1].jpg (86 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
cardart_jfkajbsdf[1].jpg
86 KB, 700x350
>>43907611
I sure hope you have no appreciation for the new 3DCGI that Wizards has been forcing down everyone's throats. Having opinions on various artstyles is one thing but those artists are objectively trash.
>>
>>43888430

Is this Waifu the Gathering?

Is it good?

How do I convince anyone to play it instead of magic when I have thousands of those cards and it looks weeaboo as fuck?

And is there a list of waifus so I can just pick the best one immediately and build a deck around it?
>>
>>43908355
3DCGI is trash, same as anime imo.
>>
>>43908661
>Is this Waifu the Gathering?
If you want it to be. A lot of the competitive Rulers are male.
>Is it good?
MTG without mana screw, a built-in commander and none of the horrendous self-mill, infinite creature or infinite mana combos that pervade Legacy/Modern. Heavy focus on tribal.

I don't inherently dislike combos but when the game starts revolving around expensive combo pieces and expensive counterspells to stop those combos and not any of the intended game design it starts to get a bit obnoxious.
>How do I convince anyone to play it instead of magic when I have thousands of those cards and it looks weeaboo as fuck?
Like all things, ironically mention playing it several times until you wind up ironically buying packs and ironically building decks and ironically attending tournaments at your LGS. It's also much much cheaper than MTG.
>And is there a list of waifus so I can just pick the best one immediately and build a deck around it?
Check tcgplayer and filter for Ruler.
>>
>>43908824
Also the difference between 3DCGI is that 3DCGI is dumb because of the uncanny valley. It's entirely possible to do 3DCGI art that looks good.

It is not possible to do anime that looks good, because the qualities that define anime are retarded.
>>
>>43888430
Nobody
>>
>>43908977
I think if you looked hard enough you would easily find things that suit your tastes.

For example you already said you thought >>43906821 looked cool and that too is anime but you have yet to notice this cognitive dissonance.
>>
File: Spirit_Of_The_Night_MTG[1].jpg (50 KB, 500x415) Image search: [Google]
Spirit_Of_The_Night_MTG[1].jpg
50 KB, 500x415
>>43909139
Different anons.

And no, I really don't like that. It isn't as terrible as your standard "middle school girl with huge tits, short skirt and magical powers battles ostentatious villain" anime, but it's about as bland.

I have seen a little bit of art from FoW that is nice, but it's the very very very tiny minority. And it wouldn't outweigh the visceral feeling of overwhelming shame every time I had to put a "middle school girl with huge tits, short skirt and magical powers battles ostentatious villain" card onto the table.
>>
>>43909199
I think the shame you feel has a deeper meaning and you might want to think on that.

Japanese art and fantasy storytelling not only contain many of the same stereotypes and tropes as its English counterpart but even when they're events that have no Western comparison it doesn't make them strictly worse than Western artstyles with similarly conveyor-belt generic Western art.

I think you should examine the merits of a card game by looking at its game mechanics, ease of play and other features more primarily dealing with cards themselves and not secondary issues like artstyles and themes.
>>
>>43909301
I think you should stop telling me how to enjoy a product.

Art is a huge reason I enjoy the game. The fact that the art in MtG can evoke feeling in me makes the mechanics much sweeter.

Anime doesn't do that for me, whether its done by a western artist or an eastern artist. This is mostly due to the fact that anime as a style is bland, formulaic, and ridiculous.

Also, japanese art and fantasy storytelling is not limited to anime, so I have no idea what you're going on about there. Not liking anime doesn't mean I don't like japanese art or japanese fantasy storytelling. Pic related: a thousand times more evocative than any modern anime, and apparently anime in your warped view of the world.
>>
File: 61[1].jpg (55 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
61[1].jpg
55 KB, 312x445
>>43909504
>Also, japanese art and fantasy storytelling is not limited to anime
I'm not sure you noticed but Force of Will is actually a trading card game and not an anime.

Even if anime happened to be an artystyle (it's not) it definitely would not be an objective category and so applying blanket evaluations to all of whatever you consider "anime" to be is pretty stupid, as it doesn't take many leaps in logic to apply those criticisms to MTG.
>>
>>43909608
Anime style. Don't be a semantic arguing retard.

And FoW is dominated by the anime style.
>>
>>43909624
And recent MTG is dominated by CG, an even more formulaic and inexpressive style.

Sure you can post more card art from 1996 but that doesn't really help your argument.
>>
>>43909643
MTG isn't dominated by CG, and CG doesn't have to be formulaic and inexpressive. We're just dealing with the uncanny valley here.

Whereas the elements that define anime artstyle are by definition inexpressive and bland.
>>
>>43909680
CG is quite literally formulaic, I don't even know why you would try arguing that.
>>
>>43909695
Are you making a pun here about formulas being used to define how the lines are presented within the art by the computer?

If so, that's funny, but get to your real point.
>>
>>43909719
There is no pun here.

It is literally formulaic. By all definitions.

Whereas "anime" has conventions that can be bypassed through exceptions CG is literal formulas.
>>
>>43909747
And now it's pure semantics. I don't do semantic arguments. I think they're retarded. I think you're retarded.

Retarded;
informal offensive
very foolish or stupid.

Just so we're clear ;*)
>>
>there are actually people who like MTG's card art
>>
To try to get the thread back on track, anyone have advice for a Vampire deck? I love the deal damage and heal that much mechanic, but I'm noy too sure where to start or go, and I'm not sure what ruler to use. I'm thinking loli vlad (god I hate the loli box...), but not sure.
>>
>>43910517
>there are people who play this cringe worthy game

Force of Will makes people think less of you then MtG.

The art direction pretty much means it will never be popular.
>>
Sort of in shock that this game came out in the West. I was living in Japan when it was coming out initially (I got into it when the 3rd set came out) and I bought a whole bunch of decks and booster boxes because I loved the art and it seemed fun. In Tokyo, there are hundreds or thousands or card game stores. I went to dozens, including the most popular ones in Akihabara. Not a single person played this game. No one. No one would buy back the cards I bought online, because no one carried it.

I never got to play it, and to this day I have a box filled with the cards.
>>
>>43911742
everyone wants to be the nest big TCG, of all the ones to get localized...
>>
>>43888430
It's a game tailor made for those weirdos who play yu-gi-oh with naked anime girl card sleeves. Imagine a came that takes the worst elements of Yu-Gi-Oh; unfeasably large life totals for no reason, annoying mechanics and terrible art, and dials them up to 11.

Then they decided 11 wasn't loud enough so they turned it up more.

This game is simultaneously best and worst concepts I have ever seen. The best for the game's makers, because they will make a killing. The worst for the other gamers who will have to share space with the idiots this shit attracts. Good lord, a game that combines the worst elements of Moe weeaboo culture with CCG gamers. It's like they wanted to cross skin cancer with lymphoma to create UBERCANCER.
>>
>>43911742
Yeah, it's strange that FoW is more popular outside than in japan itself.
It's evident when all japanese online retailers and single sellers doesn't have this when they carry even english version of mtg.
>>
>>43911849
>unfeasably large life totals for no reason
Can you just not count?

>annoying mechanics
It's incredibly similar to MTG.
>>
>>43911849
>unfeasably large life totals
Amerifats can't count higher than 10

>annoying mechanics and terrible art
it's pretty much MTG without mana issues and the art is fine if you don't mind the anime-esque style which I enjoy thoroughly

>will have to share space with the idiots this shit attracts
Literally every game/religion/fandom has these; so nothing new here
>>
>>43911849
Are you mentally challenged?

>counting is hard
>the game is slightly different from magic therefore its shit
>i cant anime
>>
Wow, I didn't think this game would actually get any positive reception here.
>>
>>43916171
Dissatisfaction with MtG combines with the Mongolian cave-drawing BBS's weeaboo population and results in at least a small portion of /tg/ knowing and liking FoW.
>>
I wonder how worried WotC is about this game, seeing as standard is ridiculously expensive and this game is pretty cheap.
>>
>>43914174
Not being into anime is a sign of intelligence though.

Don't get me wrong, there are some anime that have incredible plots. But all of them would be improved if they were animated by people with talent, instead of the people who make anime.
>>
I sometimes see single boosters on sale at my local lgs and sometimes see some cards of this in the common singles bin

never seen anyone play it but since the lgs is populated by spic weebs who play Yugioh and Vanguard it'll probably catch on. Might not end up as popular as those two since they don't like Magic
>>
>>43916586
Not at all would be my guess. Yes there's a significant amount of dissatisfaction with MtG, but they are still the biggest name in the industry by leaps and bounds. FoW, as good and cheap as it is, is but once of the countless little fish that live on the scraps that fall out of MtG's whale-mouth.

WotC being worried about FoW is like Blizzard panicking because there's a new F2P MMO from Korea making its rounds on the net. They're niche games in an already niche market.
>>
>>43916695
That's fair, Magic also has 20+ years of entrenchment and FoW has only been around since March. However, I have seen several people ditch Magic for FoW, citing price as the number one contibuting factor. It might just be selection bias though.
>>
>>43916777
I think FoW's status as the New Hotness also needs to be factored in. While a decent number of players may be abandoning MtG for FoW, given time there's a significant chance of recidivism; like you said, MtG has over two decades of inertia behind it as well as experience in hyping up the player base, and speaking of player bases they've got a HUGE one. People might give up FoW regardless of how they feel about it because there's only the same seven people playing it while MtG draws in players from all over (basically the same reason why a lot of people play D&D/PF while having serious issues with the system; it's often the only game in town, so they put up with it for the sake of a game).
>>
I'm fairly invested into MtG, and still looking for a reason to get into the game. Other than cost, what are some good reasons? What decks can I build that are comparable to MtG ones? Does it actually play similar to EDH or is that just a cosmetic similarity?

For reference, I love artifact/blue based control (Sydri), graveyard based grindy decks (Kerador), and dumb blue/red combo/control decks (mizzix). What can I build similar to those decks? Ship some lists, invest me in the game.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqmWI35DVak

some are worried that it's already broken
>>
>>43917023
Honestly the video sounds just like every "Magic is ded" thread /tg/ gets flooded with whenever any sort of spoiler is released.
>>
>>43917023
>getting this booty blasted over 1 card
>>
File: Thread Necromancer.jpg (46 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Thread Necromancer.jpg
46 KB, 375x523
bumping for more input
>>
>>43919862
input on what?
>>
>>43920146
Not him, but I'm still looking for good reasons to get into this game when I already have enough MtG cards to enjoy myself for a while. see >>43916911 for what I'm looking for.
>>
File: 1427780594547.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1427780594547.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>43917023
>Blazer Gill Rabus was the only ruler at worlds, bluh bluhbluh

This guy has no idea what he's talking about. Worlds was a limited-format tourney where only Seven Kings of the Land was legal, the ruler pool was like 5 and 2 of them (starter deck reprint rulers) were objectively awful. Of course the ruler that insta-kills all other rulers AND makes all your stones duals in a format without duals is gonna dominate.

Not to say that Gill Rabus isn't strong or that Worlds was a joke, but using Worlds as proof that Gill Rabus is busted is just stupid.

And getting upset about Landmine? Every color but Void has way better shit to play, and Void is so bad that they could really use a card like this.
>>
>>43920365
Worlds was fucking dumb. I get why they limited the format, granted, but it was in no way the culmination of the best players playing the best decks on a international stage.

The meta right now is actually pretty diverse. I just got home from a tournament where there was arla knights, blazer knights, blazer control, Vlad control, Valentina fuck-you, baha burn, priscia, banzai Grimm, Alice cthulus, and an admittedly awful dark/fire machina control.

I'm really looking forward to getting my monochrome reflect/refrain and being the little girl and little boy
>>
>>43920297
If you enjoy MtG enough you might not want to pick up the game. FoW is very consistent in my opinion because you get one magic stone (land card) per turn from a side deck. There are a few things I like that FoW does that isn't in MtG. Also the cards are cheaper and the player base is pretty good in my area.
>>
File: CQ3WZzqUYAA99zr.jpg (155 KB, 732x1000) Image search: [Google]
CQ3WZzqUYAA99zr.jpg
155 KB, 732x1000
>>43888430

I play the game. Coming from Vanguard and MtG. This is my favorite game of the three because the rules are so good also waifu.
>>
>>43922048
I mean if you don't have any problems with the MtG system. But I think FoW has better rules.
>>
How hard would it be to get a collection of all the cards at this point in time?
>>
So just how parasitic are the decks in this? I'm an enormous weeaboo faggot who is the kind of nigga that is legitimately more interested in shit with cute anime girls, but when i took a look at a few cards a couple months back i saw tons that had painfully blatant parasitic effects. As someone who likes to experiment with non-standard card interactions having text that specifically says what i can and can't use that card with is pretty much the worst shit imaginable. Is this sort of thing limited to a select few i just happened to be unlucky enough to keep running in to? Or is that the standard?
>>
>>43906869
>he's upset by cute girls
Oh lawdy, you're one sad sack.
>>
>>43925388

I'm not sure what you mean by "parasitic" in this context. Are you talking about the number of cards that reference other specific cards in this game?
>>
>>43916586
They've known for awhile now that players have an average playtime of about two years from when they start Magic and quit. They've built a pretty successful model off of that information in the form of standard and chase mythic rares.

>>43916911
>artifact/blue based control
They already pushed a pretty heavy Machine theme awhile back, so you can make a pretty decent deck just by filling a Machina list with goodstuff.
Google Machina for the Ruler, and here's a list of some spoiled Machine cards from the upcoming set.
http://fowtavern.com/2012-2/

>graveyard based grindy decks
Anything black really. Cthulus can be played by saccing a couple smaller creatures and paying a minuscule cost so there's a lot of room for fucking around with your graveyard.

>dumb blue/red combo/control
Red is pretty strong right now and can do just about anything, green is the primary control color in FoW.

>>43925303
Probably not that hard actually. You have a couple super competitive rulers and super-rares sitting at around $20 then there's the rest of the rulers which don't pass $5 but almost every other super rare isn't over a $1.

>>43925388
I think you're talking about name-specific cards right? Take a look at a card called Artemis, the God's Bow. While it gets double the counters and a whole extra effect if you have a specific ruler, I think an experienced player can tell the card has good value even without that, which is why it sees a lot of competitive play despite its "parasitic" effect.
>>
>>43925388
>>43926363
I'm pretty new to ctcg and I was wondering what you two anons are meaning by "parasitic"?
>>
>>43926929
"Thing he doesn't like."

A lot of MTG players are turned off by mechanics that name specific cards as Wizards goes through a lot of lengths to include as few of those effects as possible.

If FoW were a direct copy of Magic it would be silly to include such mechanics, but with the permanent Ruler slot it makes sense to release cards that function with specific rulers.
>>
>>43927172
No idiot. A parasitic mechanic is a mechanic that works in a block by referencing specific cards in a way that basically both forces you to play those specific cards and becomes instantly useless when new cards come out.

It's called parasitic because it adds novelty and relevance to the cards that use it while at the same time damaging deck building (if you want to play a deck with a parasitic mechanic you often have 2/3 of the cards already chosen by the designers) and the game as whole (whole sets becoming irrelevant when a new one comes out is not a good thing).
>>
>>43927506
> a mechanic that works in a block by referencing specific cards in a way that basically both forces you to play those specific cards and becomes instantly useless when new cards come out.
so exactly what >>43927172
stated in reference to J/Rulers
>>
>>43927506
You seem to not understand that Rulers are a required component of every deck and your complaint nearly amounts to something as stupid as "holy shit why should you have to run Mountains if you want to play red"
>>
>>43888430
Weeb lolicons, I imagine.
>>
>>43927506
I think you're missing the fact that Rulers are required. Why would they not release cards that require a specific Ruler or Rulers?
>>
File: c734e6855f[1].jpg (96 KB, 786x357) Image search: [Google]
c734e6855f[1].jpg
96 KB, 786x357
Neat
>>
>>43931797
aren't they though?
>>
>>43908915
I got to buying packs before a spill ruined my limited collection.
>>
I love draw-go and drawing cards in general. In Legacy, I play Miracles and Shardless BUG (value and card advantage feel so good). Is there a waifu in this game for me? If so, my wallet shall empty.
>>
>>43898829
>superior to magic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: CNddVNMVAAAuvC8.jpg (126 KB, 701x960) Image search: [Google]
CNddVNMVAAAuvC8.jpg
126 KB, 701x960
>>43932928
Sounds like you want to play Blue. A lot of blue cards draw when played or when removed.
>>
>>43933132
Blue has the best waifus

>>43933121
>he thinks magic is good
>>
>>43933198
I'm sorry you can't afford to play magic properly. I do agree that prices are out of hand, but that doesn't make the game itself bad.
>>
>>43932928
Valentina, the Princess of Love

Or literally Draw Go: The Ruler, Deep Green Magician, Liz
>>
>>43933243
The game is incredibly prohibitive to new players on the basis of cost. WotC needs to get the cost under control if they want new players to actually start playing instead of going to other, arguably better games.
>>
>>43933304
And with the reserve list that will never happen.
>>
>>43933315
Then Magic will forever remain an old boys game and will eventually die off as people lose interest
>>
>>43933315
Until they undo the reserve list

And before you sperg out about how they can't or won't, I've already heard the arguments. They can. They're just being pussy ass bitches at the moment (possibly hasbro's fault)
>>
>>43933358
Even then that would require a reprint of dozens of cards MaRo actively hates.
>>
>>43933539
>require

Uh... What? Why would they be forced to reprint everything on the list?

Only the cards that people want (duals, tabernacle, etc)
>>
>>43932928
Draw-go suffers from the same problem that draw go has in MTG Modern so I would thread slightly carefully.

That said, Vlad Tepes (the genderbent dark ruler) does the best work right now as draw go and is still competitive.
>>
>>43933281
Liz isn't legal in the new frontiers format.

Valentina is closer to a tempo monster like delver also.
>>
Which new ruler are you building first when TTW hits? Fairy Alice for me. One of the Devs says it is underrated and has a 58% win rate against top decks out of 1000+ games he has played.
>>
>>43934536
im going to keep playing reanimator and arla knights, none of the new rulers seems good
>>
>>43934536
Valentina because tits.
>>
>>43934620
I find it kind of ironic considering Dark Alice shits on reanimator for free.
>>
>>43934661
Gonna rework reanimator with blue and other new cards
>>
>>43934536
I'm a building a Dark Alice deck for sure, maybe new Valentina just for the lulz of using all those kings
>>
>>43927731
But you don't have to run mountains if you want red. There are plenty of lands that produce red mana that aren't mountains.
>>
>>43927172
It makes sense to print cards that synergize with a ruler, absolutely, but you can't genuinely believe that a card that only works with one specific other card ever is good for the long term health of a game.
>>
>>43935566
It doesn't work only with one card, just better. Bow and Purifying Fire see play with other rulers. As do some other cards, especially Regalia.
>>
>>43935620
You're misinterpreting "work", the card doesn't do everything it should unless you have a specific other card, thus it doesn't "work". Besides if a game has to artificially create synergies by just saying "this card does extra stuff if you're using this other card too" it's only a detriment in the long run.

I want to like this game, but based on the answers I'm getting it really doesn't seem like it's for me.
>>
>>43935770
>WAHH WHY ISN'T EVERY TCG LIKE MUH MAGIC!!!
>>
>>43935885
It's funny you say that in a thread about a game that blatantly reuses several core design concepts of MTG.
>>
>>43935979
Not as funny as shitting on everything that makes it different. At least I don't want it to literally be Magic repainted.
>>
>>43936016
When did i ever say that? Parasitic mechanics have been shown to be a problem in TCGs before and their stifling of deck design a reason many have failed. I've also not shit on a single difference in design beyond the obvious design mistake of parasitic mechanics, which mtg has had at some points, points that also happen to have marked some of the game's lowest points in terms of playerbase might i add.

You're either an awful troll or a neckbeard so beardy you can't actually read the shit i type and have to resort to trying to rile me up. Either way I'm done with the shit posting.
>>
>>43936189
The meta proves otherwise though. Plenty of cards that work best with one ruler see play with other rulers. You aren't forced into a certain ruler to play a certain card. The only card that matches your description is Tell a Fairy Tale, and that card is old. They are a new and improving TCG and they are showing that including with this upcoming set.
>>
>>43921382
>banzai Grimm
>Valentina fuck-you
And suddenly I want to play now. What do these do?
>>
>>43926363
thanks for the info, gonna give it a shot online
>>
>>43938286
Banzai Grimm is named after the card Banzai Attack (and the ruler Grimm). It buffs all your creatures and gives them Pierce (trample in MtG) but they die at the end of turn. Basically it just plays a bunch of 1 drops then Banzai attacks and swings for game.
>>
>>43908915
>no combos
>heavy focus on tribal

This smells like Yu-Gi-Oh.
>>
>>43938947
>YGO
>no combos
What
>>
>>43938947
There is an infinite turn combo but it's hard to pull off.
>>
>>43939088
I am interested, ship me a list

I will jump through all hoops to pull out a take all the turns combo.
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.