[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/c/atan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 38472987498237984.jpg (362 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
38472987498237984.jpg
362 KB, 1500x844
>Largest army or Longest road?
>red white blue or orange?
>Also got any bricks? I'll give you some wood
>>
>>43882708

Serious question: What's the draw of a game that tries to appeal to people who want to "settle?" I hear about it enough that it must enjoy SOME popularity, but nothing about it seems the least compelling. So, what's it all about?
>>
>>43885419
It's mostly a party game for when it's late out and you and some buds are in the woods. It's good for people who like making plans, doing trading or building stuff, dicking people over, or are just fans of Oregon Trail. Also it has a crap ton of expansions and offshoots, so people can have whatever they want.
>>
>>43885419
It's a game where friendships are broken and life long rivalries are born.

Also, white is right.

>who's got wood for sheep?
>>
Played this for the first time with my cousins on thanksgiving. We had 4 two person teams. It was pretty great, it got a little crazy when 7 got rolled like 5 times in a row and knight cards were being throw around.
>>
>>43882708
>/c/atan

Is there a Smug Animu Girl expansion coming?
>>
>>43882708
>bricks
>not the superior joke of "WOOD FOR SHEEP, I'VE GOT WOOD FOR SHEEP"
>>
>>43889123
My boyfriend does this every fucking time we play Catan, it's the worst
>>
>>43889358
Fellow homo or grill?

Also my family whenever we play that has a rule that everyone gives the 7 a card and the bandit doesnt exist on the map. Also we never play with the rule to discard half or whatever it is of your cards with a 7.

Also only noobs go for knight.
>>
>>43889427
>my family whenever we play that has a rule that everyone gives the 7 a card and the bandit doesnt exist on the map
>and the bandit doesnt exist on the map
>and the bandit doesnt exist

Holy shit. I mean, I'm never one to complain about casuals since I am one myself but that's on a whole different level.
>>
>>43885617

scotsmen.
>>
File: grill.jpg (123 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
grill.jpg
123 KB, 650x450
>>43889427
Do you also remove the desert tile, or is it just useless? We typically use it to keep the bandit in before people start getting aggressive.
>>
>>43889481
kek
Yeah, but at least that made it impossible for people to screw each other over.
(except for road blocking)
>>
>>43889555
No we use it.

It started with everyone paying protection money so no one moves the bandit outside the desert.
So through that it involved into a rule.
>>
File: Brick for Wheat.jpg (91 KB, 636x420) Image search: [Google]
Brick for Wheat.jpg
91 KB, 636x420
>>43882708

I condense four brick into a Wheat substitute and feed my knight. I move my knight token to kick the thief off my lands and steal something of your shit OP!
>>
>>43882708
I prefer white if I can get it. Red second, then orange and lastly; blue. I actually rarely go for road/army, but if the game takes me there or the other players aren't focusing on one of them too much, I might attempt it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.