[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: Archaon.jpg (379 KB, 1333x1021) Image search: [Google]
Archaon.jpg
379 KB, 1333x1021
Age of Sigmar General

Remove that top knot edition

Bloodreaver for Khorne; Skinstealer for Nurgle, so what is the cannon fodder of Tzeentch and Slaanesh?

>>resources
pastebin.com/sQ5NryL7
>>
>>43880849

WE GALACTUS NOW
>>
File: justaos.jpg (2 MB, 2248x1721) Image search: [Google]
justaos.jpg
2 MB, 2248x1721
Fixed.
>>
All Battleplans on the AoS app are $1 today.
>>
>>43882615
Meh. I only have a phone that can use the app, and the battleplans are kinda Crap on a phone

Speaking of which, that anon hasn't done a warscroll of the day in a few days.
>>
>>43880849
What the fuck, is Archaon an anti-spiral now?
>>
>>43881278

Did I miss something?
>>
File: dread saurian rules.png (538 KB, 995x952) Image search: [Google]
dread saurian rules.png
538 KB, 995x952
Wow. These aren't bad.
>>
>>43882291
Hahah! epic bro! you sure showed them ;)

>>43882970
>>43882987
Just showing him 'destroying' the Old World.
>>
>>43883428
That's pretty great.

Dread Saurian + Carnosaur + Drake Icon = Battleshock at -3 and D3 will also flee regardless. Carnosaur roar is better than a Dread Saurian as it forces D3 to leave when taking a Battleshock test. But -3 general debuff will make a lot more leave.

D3 wounds healed every time it deals damage, regardless, is fucking insane. You'd have to focus fire this thing down. Also, only 11 to summon more onto the table.

-3 Rend, so nothing is stopping that I believe. D6 damage each bite. 4 Hits. So 24 at most from jaws. Max 12 from Claws. 36 potential damage per round isn't amazing, but it's not bad. Anybody able to math the average wound per round? I also noticed Jaw is 2" range.

I need to look at all the other Forge World monsters rules.
>>
So I managed to get a hold of a metal Valten, exalted of Sigmar for $9 still in package. How do I make a sufficiently big and tall base to use him as Celestant Prime?

Not even proxying, technically.
>>
>ARCHAON TRIUMPHANT

>It was at the Battle of Burning Skies that Archaon won his greatest victory over Sigmar. Armed with Ghal Maraz, the God-King cast back the armies of Chaos – mortals, beasts and Daemons obliterated by the Great Shatterer. When Archaon himself moved to fight Sigmar, the God-King hurled Ghal Maraz at the Everchosen, for he knew he could not best Archaon in combat. Archaon laughed, for his plan had worked. Aided by Tzeentch, Archaon deceived Sigmar’s aim and the great warhammer crashed harmlessly past him, disappearing into a crack in reality. Sigmar, defeated, lost the battle and millions were slaughtered. Bereft of his greatest weapon, Sigmar suffered defeat after defeat and retreated to the realm of Azyr, barring its gates. Archaon, triumphant, dominated the Mortal Realms.

Daily reminder that Sigmar is a coward.

>>43883596
>>Archaon, Destroyer of Worlds. During the Age of Myth, Archaon waged wars across countless realities. He fought both for and against all four Chaos Gods, desecrating worlds in their name before slaughtering the champions sent to kill him. To the Chaos Gods he was both a powerful asset and a monstrous inconvenience, the very embodiment of Chaos.

This is the text below that picture in the WD, that's Archaon destroying worlds and galaxies.

>>43882970
Pretty much.
>>
>>43884775
>>43882970

You know I wouldn't mind Age of Sigmar: the more End Times climaxing with Archaon and sigmar fighting as giant Galaxy sized gods
>>
So I never got into whfb becauss the price tag scared me.

I do have a tiny army
>orcs, around 20 models total

Should I get into this new game and find cheap orcs to fill out?
>>
>>43880849
I see Nurgle and Khorne in the picture but where is Tzeentch and Slaanesh.
>>
>>43885007
Tzeentch is in lower left corner i think, hidden by blowing up planet

Slaanesh is hidden in the guys ass armor
>>
>>43883920
Give him bits of armour from stormcast eternal bits.

>>43884775
Fuck off carnac

>>43884962
Check to see if your local meta is playing first. If they are, then you can easily play games with bros, slowly expanding your army over time. If only KoW or 8e is being played, then you will need a lot more orcs before you can get to basic level of fighting with others.
>>
>>43884775
>Sigmar is a coward

What?

>Aided by Tzeentch, Archaon deceived Sigmar’s aim and the great warhammer crashed harmlessly past him, disappearing into a crack in reality.

Sounds like Archaon can't beat Sigmar without help. I don't think you can call Sigmar a coward.

Or are you shitposting?

>>43884962
20 models is now viable game size. That's why AoS exists and WHFB wasn't just killed off.
>>
>>43885453
Stop excusing cowardice.

>>43885466
" When Archaon himself moved to fight Sigmar, the God-King hurled Ghal Maraz at the Everchosen, for he knew he could not best Archaon in combat"

Learn to read.
>>
I'm not going to pick a side and say both Archaon and Sigmar were cowards for not having the guts to fight like men. There. Everyone's happy.
>>
>>43885588
Not really.

Archaon was walking forward to fight Sigmar. The Tzeentchian trick was dreamed up just in case that Sigmar pulled something like this. Had Sigmar acted like a man and charged forward, the illusion would have been dispelled and he would have found the real Archaon in front of him and then they both would have been locked in mortal combat.

The fact is clear and simple. Sigmar knows that Archaon is the superior warrior and thus he decided not to fight him.
>>
>>43885635
The fact that he decided to use a trick makes me deduce points for him in my book. If he was confident he would need no tricks. He must have been doubting himself.
>>
>>43885526
Why are you providing more evidence that Archaon is a coward? He knew he couldn't beat Archaon in combat, fine, OK. However, why didn't Archaon go 1v1 him and show the entire alliance that even their best isn't good enough? Why didn't he do that instead of getting Tzeentch to do his dirty work?

To make matters worse, because Archaon didn't even fight Sigmar, Sigmar was allowed to retreat and make the Sigmarines.

So, Archaon is completely responsible for Stormcast existing, because he didn't go and kill Sigmar in a duel, despite being able to best him.

So, yes, Archaon is the coward in this one. Sigmar used his only chance of winning, it failed, but this allowed him to retreat. Archaon could have killed Sigmar and cut off his head to display to the Gods, he might have even become a God himself if he did that.

But he didn't, he uses Tzeentch magic to trick Sigmar into throwing his weapon away and even then, without his weapon, Archaon didn't go and fight him. You call Sigmar a coward but Archaon literally refused to engage in combat with him.

Is English your first langauge? I suggest you google the meaning of "coward".

Or, as I assume, you're shitposting.

>>43885588
Sigmar had just solod the four most powerful Greater Daemons on his own and gambled on ending the fight by throwing his hammer. That isn't "not having the guts", it was his only chance of winning. Archaon literally refused to fight and used tricks and even then did not engage. He had to use the second most powerful Chaos God to help him trick Sigmar.
>>
>>43885656
You guys are forgetting something. Archaon can see into the future via this third eye. It's most likely have foreseen Sigmar's cowardice and planned accordingly. Sigmar would not give him a proper duel so he would plan something to screw him over and win the war.

Also you seem to forget tat he is the bad guy. A clever one.
>>
>>43885706
Or he saw himself getting a case of hammer time and used tricks to be on the safe side just in case.
>>
>>43885635
>trick
>just in case

Sounds like Archaon was scared of Sigmar desu. I don't think this is evidence to support your side man. Tricks are by their very definition, honourless and thus Archaon must have been scared. So, either he did doubt his ability/feared Sigmar, or he didn't. The only two choices are

1. Archaon was scared and needed the help of his sugar daddy to win (well, 'win' isn't even a term, he didn't even engage him after he was weaponless, how the fuck is he so scared of a weaponless Sigmar he did not engage?)

2. He was a coward and needed to use tricks to remove threats. Then not even engage.

Archaon could have charged Sigmar himself, but he didn't, he hid behind illusions. That is by it's very definition cowardice.
>>
>>43885706
>win the war
>mortal realms haven't been completely consumed

m8 i just popped in, y didn't archaon charge sigmar after his weapon was gone? why does it say sigmar couldn't have beat him, yet he used tricks? or was it tzeentch going over archaons head?

i think the latter is more likely, as didn't tzeentch plan to use the power to put chamon into warp? thus increasing tzeentch power?
>>
>>43885679
>why didn't Archaon go 1v1 him and show the entire alliance that even their best isn't good enough?

Can't you read? Archaon, THE REAL ARCHAON, was marching towards Sigmar. It was up to Sigmar to decide which route to take. Sigmar choose the route of cowardice and fell into the trick. If Sigmar choose the route of the hero and charged Archaon, then he would have engaged the real Archaon.

>To make matters worse, because Archaon didn't even fight Sigmar, Sigmar was allowed to retreat and make the Sigmarines.

Irrelevant.

Archaon won the whole war and subjugated the realms. He does not consider the Stormcast a threat to him.

>>43885679
>Archaon literally refused to fight and used tricks and even then did not engage.

Archaon was there, dude. Walking like a boss forward. Challenging Sigmar to face him. It's not his fault that Sigmar threw a hammer from a mile away and fled when it missed.
>>
>>43885729
Just in case, Sigmar decided not to face him.

>Tricks are by their very definition, honourless

If you read about the deal with Nagash or read his history, you would know that Archaon has no honour but he is no coward like Sigmar.

And about choices? Archaon put the choice in Sigmar's hands. If Archaon feared Sigmar, he wouldn't have been there wwaiting for Sigmar to decide to fight him or not.
>>
>>43885758
>, y didn't archaon charge sigmar after his weapon was gone?

He was busy laughing his head off over the fact that the trick worked and that Sigmar just gambled the fate of the whole realms and millions that live on them on one stupid hammer throw.

Sigmar can fly like superman. Catching up to him won't be easy.
>>
>>43885788
Okay, so Sigmar should have duelled in a fight he could not win? He threw his hammer and.... Instead of just avoiding it, Archaon used tricks to have it removed.

"Walking forward" the guy as a daemonic mount that can move super fast, he had no need to walk forward, he COULD have mounted up and charged forward. Also, why did he wait so long? Why was Archaon hanging back at all? Why didn't he sit within spitting distance of Sigmar while he fought the Greater Daemons and sharpened his blade?

You're really trying to make Sigmar seem like a coward. That's a bit like saying that British officer who ordered an artillery barrage on his own position as it was about to be over-run was a coward. It was the only way to win.

Regardless, Archaon STILL didn't engage him quickly enough nor did he engage him after the hammer was thrown.
>>
>>43885854
>no coward
>hangs back instead of getting straight into combat as soon as he saw Sigmar

Rofl.
>>
>>43885894
Archaon had a daemonic mount and the power of 4 Gods behind him. He shouldn't have had any problem catching Sigmar.

Regardless, it's entirely Archaons fault that Stormcast exist, had he ordered Daemons to hold Sigmar then engaged him, then Sigmar wouldn't have lived.

Archaon literally caused the downfall of Chaos. Which is fine, I guess, since he has fought them before.
>>
>>43885895
Walking forward is a figure of speech. Archaon was coming at Sigmar most likely on a daemonic mount, forcing him Sigmar to choose what he will do.

Also Archaon in that battle was fight just as much as Sigmar. He fought and killed Nagash in the same battle, and gods are more powerful than Greater Daemons (even the exalted ones)

>It was the only way to win.

So he had no coincidence in his abilities as a warrior and knew in his heart that Archaon was the better man? Despair, Archaon has that effect on people.
>>
>>43885959
Yeah, but Sigmar COULD have just left or ordered from the back or something. Instead he killed the No.1 Exalted GD's (at the time) and then was faced with Archaon. He could have just run, but he knew him being alive was more important. There is no point in throwing your life away, especially to a being who would get MORE powerful if he defeats you.

So he took a risk and Tzeentch either intervened on behalf of Archaon, without his knowing, or Archaon was scared of Sigmar and his hammer throwing ability and ordered a mimic to protect him.

Only one of these options stops him being a coward. But Sigmar was no coward for fighting for months without rest against infinite armies and always being on the front line.
>>
>>43885922
>Archaon had a daemonic mount and the power of 4 Gods behind him. He shouldn't have had any problem catching Sigmar.

And Sigmar had a pantheon of allied gods in that battle to cover his retreat. Each god more than an equal to armies of daemons, Nothing could have held Sigmar down if he decided to flee.

>creation of Stormcast

He doesn't give of damn about them. He is only interested about the consequences of their unleashing. The Gates of Azyr are finally open.
>>
File: 1375398714_1372886143-viper.jpg (25 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1375398714_1372886143-viper.jpg
25 KB, 280x280
>/AoSG/: Cowards
>>
>mfw
I can't take it right now. I'm going to bed, and read the filename because it hasn't happened in a while. Good night, everybody. Carnac, I hope you get nothing but nightmares.
>>
>>43885990
>Archaon was scared of Sigmar

Nope.

Archaon counted on Sigmar's idiocy and cowardice to win him the entire war in one stroke. He read Sigmar like a book.

If Sigmar was a wizard or an Aelf like Teclis we woul have excused him, but he is a barbarian warrior so the fact that he did not want to engage Archaon in open combat marks him a coward despite his excuses.
>>
>>43885526
Yet during the Battle of Burning Skies illusionary magics - and his own impetuous rage - tricked Sigmar into hurling Ghal Maraz into the void, where it was lost for many centuries.

Criticism a fiction character with only one source, especially GW who love contradict themselves? How retard are you.
>>
>carnac shitposting his headcanon twisting stuff to make it fit
>it outright says that he was tricked by tzeentch
>somehow Archaon isn't a coward

i'm out, this is pointless, mods should just auto-sage /aos/ threads, it's pointless with carnac here, they won't ban him
>>
>>43886052
Come just read like a person, would you?

It's not contradictory. It's expansion on what happened that day. Even in the older piece it says that Sigmar saw Archaom as his deadliest foe.
>>
>>43886076
Quit the mental gymnastic. I said it before and I say it again. It outright states that Sigmar could not best Archaon in battle so he threw the hammer.

The real Archaon was there. All Sigmar had to do was man and go meet him. The trick would have been revealed and MORTAL KOMBAT would have ensued. If Archaon was a coward, he wouldn't have even been there gracing Sigmar with his presence and seeing what he is going to do.
>>
Moving on.

Is there any AoS expansion in the future or is the little bit of Archaon fluff and rules are the only thing we are getting this coming month?
>>
>>43886084
Impetuous rage ~ cowardice, I mean stop arguing without any official word, carnac will twist everything in his favor.
>>
>>43884775
>Archaon, Destroyer of Worlds. During the Age of Myth, Archaon waged wars across countless realities. He fought both for and against all four Chaos Gods, desecrating worlds in their name before slaughtering the champions sent to kill him. To the Chaos Gods he was both a powerful asset and a monstrous inconvenience, the very embodiment of Chaos.

I like this. If you want to play Archaon as Chaos' greatest champion, then he should be constantly challenged and use every means available to him to remain Everchosen. Next to that, pathetic notions like honor are beneath a being who is invested with the power to burn worlds in the name of gods who pull constantly at power.
>>
>>43886115
>mental gymnastics

I've seen others use that when talking to you, I suggest you don't pick up words without knowing what they mean. Nothing he has said is mental gymnastics.

FACT: Archaon could beat Sigmar
FACT: Archaon did not engage Sigmar
FACT: Archaon used Tzeentch to trick Sigmar
FACT: Archaon could have just let Sigmar throw the hammer, but he did not
FACT: Sigmar did not know it was an illusion, thus he isn't going to engage somebody he can't beat

You're using mental gymnastics, not him.

Don't bother replying, you're too autistic to understand English.
>>
>>43886140
If he raged, then he raged at himself.

He knew Archaon was too strong for him so he threw the hammer. That's was a craven move. There is no debating that.
>>
>>43886189
Read that book before adding flavor, is that really hard to understand what is "impetuous" rage?
>>
>>43886182
Screw that. It's mental gymnastics.

>FACT: Archaon did not engage Sigmar

Your whole case hinges on the false notion that Archaon did not engage Sigmar, when it's said that real Archaon was coming at Sigmar to engage him.

If the trick didn't work, Archaon would have still attempted to fight Sigmar regardless.
>>
>>43886221
Yes, it was rash decision born out of cowardice because he knew he could not defeat Archaon in a proper fight.
>>
>>43886228
The only thing I care is, both side ain't coward. However, carnac trying his best to bait on this subject. :|
>>
>>43886141
Basically, Archaon became everything Be'lakor wished to be.

His Father-in-Shadow would be proud, if he wasn't burning with envy.
>>
>>43886237
Fuck you, and check it up in dictionary.
>>
>>43886228
>false notion

It is an objective fact that Archaon did not engage Sigmar. The fact you're trying to claim he did is astonishing.

He did not. He did not fight. He used a trick to protect himself. That is cowardice.

Not even that guy, he even said don't bother replying but you're so autistic you HAD to. You must be shitposting.

>>43886257
Carnac has been wrong so many times it's funny, but he'll deny it or go "I'll g-g-go read it again!" then comes back with a twisted version. He's a shitposter and /tg/'s apathy has allowed him to flourish here.
>>
>>43886257
>impetuous :

>impulsive, rash, hasty, overhasty, reckless, heedless, foolhardy, incautious, imprudent, injudicious, ill-conceived, ill-considered, unplanned, unreasoned, unthought-out, unthinking

Yeah, I know. Fear causes us to forgo thought sometimes.
>>
File: Gemaelde_Herrmannsschlacht.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Gemaelde_Herrmannsschlacht.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
asked this earlier today and thread got pruned.

Im considering buying an army off ebay for around $100-$130 USD because poorfag. Also i just want to play. I'll worry about painting newer models later.

either that, or the guy at my local GW said that he would sell me an Island of blood box he got that messed up or something and got double elves. He said he would let it go for $100.

Any advice on which is the better buy? Ive been out of the game since 2011 so i dont know which is better value, especially since points are now gone
>>
>>43886256
The wiki seems to suggest he hates and loathes the Chaos Gods, which explains how he became their champion. Nothing motivates quite like raw, bloody hatred. A desire to subjugate the people of Sigmar whom he was born to, hated him, and refused to answer his prayer, whilst also carrying nothing but scorn for the gods of his Norscan father. He's achieved such heights that the four gods clamor and scheme all around him. In a way, he's won in a way that no other follower of Chaos ever did in any setting. He's succeeded in making himself the center of Chaos itself.
>>
>>43886131
Lady atia rumor points to a new campaign book, battle for allpoints, soon

im lucky i caught your post. usually when theres a carnac argument going on i leave until the thread dies

unfortunately he stopped putting W in sigmar, so my filter for most of his faggotry doesnt work anymore
>>
>>43886289
Except it's stated here (>>43884775) that Archaon himself moved to fight Sigmar.

He was going to engage Sigmar, trick or not. Sigmar was the one who choose not to sally forth and meet up with Archaon. Had Sigmar actual charged forward he would have met the real Archaon, but he did not and you know full well why.

The objective fact is that you can't read!
>>
>>43886131

Good chance there is a Battletome or other such book coming next week.

Fyreslayers are supposed to get models and a Battletome in January. They should be getting all new stuff since the old Dwarf models are apparently for the Steamhead Duardin.
>>
>>43886343
>Dwarfs

Baah....I thought they would start with the Aelves since they seem more popular.
>>
Leaving aside Sigmar for a bit....

What's Nagash's excuse for making a pact with Archaon and Chaos? I would think anyone reasonable would see that it was a bad idea.
>>
>>43886297
aos really doesnt need that many minis to play. armies are generally significantly smaller in aos battles than previous editions. so you dont need a big lot.

how many minis are in the ebay deal? you didnt give us any vital details so we cant tell if its a good deal or not
>>
>>43886373
one I was looking at for 100 is
1x Prince on Griffon
2x Mage (on foot)
1x Mage (on mount)
1x Prince (on foot)
24x Sea Guard
20x Swordmasters
15x Archers
10x Ellyrian Reavers
9x Dragon Princes (plus MOST of the sprues for the 10th)
10x Shadow Warriors
1x Phoenix
1x Alarielle the Radiant
WFB 8th Ed. High Elves Army Book
>>
>>43886367

Technically it sounds like he just made a deal with Archaon.

Nagash was never on the greatest of terms with Sigmar and probably figured that while Archaon and Sigmar were fighting it out he could stay in the background gathering strength and possibly fall upon whoever came out on top.
>>
>>43886428
>>43886367
Maybe, Sigmar started his stormcast project at that moment, that's why Nagash call Sigmar betrayer instead. Since stealing soul from Death will kill him(?) eventually.

>>43886351

Unlike aelves, the only duardin model need to renew is slayer.
>>
About thing about Sigmar and Nagash. So they hate each other and always did, Nagash backstabbed Sigmar and caused Chaos to win, and Sigmar created the Stormcast process which is slowly weakening and killing Nagash

And yet....the God King desires to reforge his alliance with Great Necromancer? How does that even work? The writing is confusing.
>>
>>43886551

I don't recall anything about the Stormcast process weakening Nagash, at most it's just cutting him out of some souls, if even that when you take Reforging into account and the possibility that he slowly siphons off some of the soul then.

Sigmar wants to form an alliance with Nagash because he knows that only with the Alliance can there be a hope of defeating Chaos.
>>
So... Chaos won handily at the End Times. Like, it's almost hilarious how badly everyone god fucking slammed. Do the good guys have a better shot in this newer, more high-fantasy age? Or will Chaos win again?
>>
>>43886591
Maybe Nagash has some knowledge or power to prevent the entropy caused by Reforging? I mean, who could possibly know more about binding souls?
>>
>>43886520
The Stormcast process started after Chaos won. Nagash has no idea what they are or where do they come from. All he knows that souls are being taken from him and their disappearance leaves behind the smell of lightening.

He will not be pleased if he realized that the Stormcast are the product of this theft. This confuses me because Sigmar is sending the Stormcast to Nagash to broker an alliance. Sigmar is using the things he stole from Nagash as emissaries to him. This is will alert Nagash to what actually is going on and he will rage. Either Sigmar wants to troll Nagash or he is an idiot.
>>
>>43886591
The Audiobook "Sands of Blood" makes it clear that the Stormcast process is killing him. It's in the 4 first minutes.

>>43886605
Nagash IS the entropy of the Reforging. Each time a Stormcast dies, It's Nagash who is reaching out grasping at their souls. Each time he rips pieces of them.
>>
>>43886596
The Good Guys have a plan but so does the Bad Guys.

It's a 50/50 but currently the Bad Guys have the advantage. It's pointless to talk about who is going to win. It going to take 34 years (If AoS is successful) to the AoS End Game.
>>
File: s1-08.jpg (41 KB, 255x310) Image search: [Google]
s1-08.jpg
41 KB, 255x310
Any word on the Seraphon and Dreadhold Battletomes scanned but not yet uploaded in the last thread?
>>
>>43886419
this auction seems swell to me (not the anon you're replying to). it seems to have most of the elf contents in the island of blood doubled up, plus additional units and a named hero. you're getting more here than you are with the iob elves doubled up on sprue.
>>
All Time of War rules are a $1 today via the AoS app.
>>
I've recently fallen in love with the (fluff) idea of manticore riders. Are the Dark Elf or Chaos versions any useful on the table?
>>
What do people think of the new archaon model and associated stats?
>>
>>43887477

I like it a lot more than when I first saw it, think it's cool that Dorghar got its heads from eating champions of Khorne, Tzeentch, and Nurgle, the two Stormcast faces sticking out are a nice touch too.
>>
>>43887465
Well, the chaos one's much nastier. Dark elf one is strangely mediocre, it feels like a wood elf character/monster.

>>43887477
Rules are appropriately good, he should be really dangerous and he doesn't disappoint. Model's pretty cool, although I won't get one myself as I don't tend to go in for those huge centrepiece models. He does now properly stand out, the old model could kind of blend into the rest of the army.
>>
>>43883428
I could take three Archaons and kill him easily.
>>
>>43887465
Tzeentch Lord Maerac, led a party of manticore raider in to the battle of the shattered city, killed by Thostos Bladstorm. He fit your idea, maybe. ;)
>>
>>43886419
assuming the painting or shipping costs aren't terrible, that looks like a good deal/great start to Aelves. Don't buy any hobby supplies from GW & save up for whenever they make new Aelves. Beats the other deal U mentioned.

>>43886520

I'm hoping for some hot new plastic 'slayers, as I'm running out of non-metal/finecast/war machine Dwarf units to field.

>>43884962

What country are U in & what do U have for models so far? Does you local scene use a particular Comp. system??

>>43887465

If it truly matters, the Chaos one is a bit better I suppose, but if U like Dark Aelves more on the whole, I bet you can make it work w/ them. Do the army you'd rather spend hours building/converting/painting/playing.

Anyone want to hear about my Armies of Azyrheim vs. Skaven game?? We tested Clash Comp. . . .
>>
>>43887811
I should just type out "you" every time, "U" doesn't save me enough time for how juvenile it makes my posts look.

Also, are people playing using markers/tokens at all to keep track of shit like buffs, terrain effects, & so on?

The Litko ones are nice, but $$$, so my buddy & I just use wet-erase markers to label different-colored poker chips . . .
>>
>>43884836
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VnjLiFXXho
Lord Genome is...whichever faction leader equates to Lord Genome.
>>
>>43885706
>Archaon can see into the future via this third eye

I thought Grimgor broke it.
>>
Has anyone bought the new plague censer bearer kit? Are they still metal or finecast?
>>
>>43887875
The Sword and Eye where broken. Now in the AoS they were remade and given to Archaon again.

What's funny is that it implies that the Chaos Gods tracked down the daemon that was in the sword and imprisoned him again in a replica.
>>
>>43884775
Archaon leading the 14th Black Crusaded when?
>>
>>43888731

>Hey bud, you did a good job with Archaon. I know it was a tough gig but uhh, we might have another job for you.
>Look just get in the fucking bag
>>
>>43884962

Dude, AoS was created for guys like you!
Its basically "pick what you think is cool" and get going. You don't need 4k hoard armies now, just agree with you're opponent on what to bring. Make a fun little scenario, and you're golden.
>>
>>43889758

Yep, you don't need 4k hoard armies... now hurry up and buy a 4k hoard army!
>>
Why are AOS models so expensive?

10 khorne dude cost 50€, what the fuck
>>
>>43890655
GW always expensive, however Blood Warriors is 49, Witch Elves is 45 not a great price hike in standard of GW.

>>43889795
AoS don't need 4k hoard army, but nothing can stop ppl buy a big army, what are you trying to tell us?
>>
>>43886775
>>>/r/

>>43890655
Yet Saurus Warriors and Saurus Guard went DOWN in prince per model.

>>43887593
Doesn't Archaon have unique special rule? Also, being a WAACfag is bad.
>>
Rumours say fyreslayers (january) will have chaos dwarf-like units as well as slayer-like units. I would absolutely be okay with that, especially in plastic.
>>
>see Dread Saurians amazing rules
>go to Forge World to c heck out others
>nobody else has rules

So, are they updating them because Seraphon got a tome and I have to wait for stuff like Mournghoul?
>>
>>43890997
I said this would happen. I said that Fyreslayers would be the Chaos Dwarves in AoS. I was told "hur dur nope". Prob Carnac as usual, he doesn't even play.
>>
>>43890997
Next faction confirmed, Battletome: Everchosen. Every non-engish official GW site say so. Just check that four fucking bundle. :|

>>43891049
Fyreslayer don't worship Dark Gods, all they worship is ur-gold. Some shiny metal that exist in 40k and being collected by greenakinz.

I wouldn't say they are Chaos Dwarfs, since Fyreslayer is nothing more then mercenaries so far. :|
>>
>>43886775
Do you have Steam I can add you on?
>>
>>43891226
I have, meowstalker :|

Currently offline.
>>
>>43891189
>ur-gold
>Slaaneshi Daemons led by ur-Slaanesh

LINK CONFIRMED. FYRESLAYERS WORSHIP SLAANESH!

Besides, you going "they don't worship Dark Gods" isn't backed up with anything, at best we know they're mercenaries. They COULD worship Dark Gods, but we'd need fluff to prove that. You'd twist it any way.
>>
>>43891254
Why would anybody add you Carnac?
>>
>Carnac literally in the thread crying Sigmar is a Coward because he tried to kill Archaon with a hammer throw.

>The same logic however, does not make Archaon a coward for using underhanded and dirty tricks to avoid fighting properly.
>>
>>43885788
>The Real Archaon.

The puppet of the gods and worlds largest coward.

The one who in the end times cowers in a fortress and never does anything propery himself.

The one who ONCE AGAIN proves his own weak will by crying for the chaos gods direct intervention to avoid fighting Sigmar.

Archaon will never fight Sigmar wholesale, because Archaon is the world's biggest pussy.
>>
>>43891189
>>43891270
Wonder what alliance they'll put the fyreslayers in. Destruction might make sense, but maybe they'll just have them under everything that isn't Death.
>>
>>43891314
He's from Hong Kong and is a shitposter.
>>
File: anger dome.gif (429 KB, 213x201) Image search: [Google]
anger dome.gif
429 KB, 213x201
>>43891314
>Argument had ended
>I know, I'll kick it off again!
Sir, you are not helping.
>>
>>43891351
He's not even a shitposter. He's just Carnac. He's a pathetic little scrotum character who wants to bind himself to whatever big evil bad guy is current and then advocate how strong they are and attempt to imply they're the only strong person.

First it was the Necrons.

Then it was Be'lakor.

Now it's Archaon.

The guy is just pathetic.
>>
>>43891270
Ur mean ancient, aged, old...are you retard?

>>43891307
>>43891351
>>43891394

Carnac don't paint, but I paint a lot. Dakka more or less is dead, and their forum troll come. :)

>>43891350
Fyreslayer should be order, they ain't destructive enough. Say, beat, eat, drink everything.
>>
>>43891350

Order. They're listed under order in the two page spread they ran of the Grand Alliances in the BRB and first AoS White Dwarf.
>>
File: 1447791708030.jpg (359 KB, 933x1352) Image search: [Google]
1447791708030.jpg
359 KB, 933x1352
2 Questions

When melee attacking can a Model use all the melee weapons listed on its warscroll at once?Example that the Lord-Celestant has the Runeblade and Hammer.

2nd Question - How does Grand Alliance work in this? Can I take units of troops from different factions as long as they're on the same side of Order or Chaos?

Thanks.
>>
>>43891351
>Hong Kong
What? I didn't expect that. I always figured him to be a Britbong.
>>
>>43891527
I know what ur means you retard, why the fuck did you even mention that? Nothing in my post warranted that response.

>>43891376
Prob Carnac teebeeiatch.

>>43891394
And yet, /tg/ is OK with him existing. There has been no call for him to be banned to mods or at least warned to not being a argumentative prick. There is rules against trolling and flamewars iirc in global rules, yet I've heard tales of people being banned for reporting him.
>>
>>43891598

Yes

Not even that. There are no army building restrictions what so ever. If you want to be fluffy and play as only Order, feel free.
>>
>>43891599
Disregard that post, it's somebody else. It's the guy typing like Carnac, but using emotes.

As for Carnac, you'd need to find his receipts he's posted. I think he's a Britbong, but I can't be sure.

>tfw nobody will go and get a rock, I mean a big ass rock, maybe something like a cinderblock is better, and hoist it up and drop it on his face.
>>
File: meteorfromlite.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
meteorfromlite.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>43891652
>cinderblock
Anon, pebbles are meant for small crimes. The crime of Carnac posting while being Carnac requires much more.
>>
>>43891598
1: all weapon available
2: grand alliance are nothing but lore.

>>43891599
Don't trust da troll come from dakka, I use same account name for dakka and steam. Since dakka AoS forum is dying, so they come here for fun. Yeah, their hobby are not about tg, just trolling mean fun. :|
>>
>>43891630
>And yet, /tg/ is OK with him existing
This is completely wrong.

The only reason he's allowed to shit up threads is because he's technically contributing and not shitposting according to 4chan rules, or at least not shitposting enough to need a ban.
>>
>>43891630
Oops, sorry.
>>
>>43891697
Not sure, carnac contribute anything.

A certain troll from dakka is here, since I advertising tg, because 4chan is a better place to talk about AoS. And now dakka is dead(almost) da troll come here for fun.
>>
>>43891804
>Not sure, carnac contribute anything
He generally posts his opinions along with fluff extracts and/or pics

Despite the obnoxiousness, it is, by 4chan standard, less shitposting than many other threads or posts going on /tg/.
>>
>>43891348
>The one who in the end times cowers in a fortress and never does anything propery himself.

Except that Archaon personally defeated Sigmar (possessed Karl Fraz dead body) in the End Times and ripped the Winds of Heavens from him, and then he destroyed the Empire.

He remained in the conquered city because the Chaos Gods ordered him to stay there and safeguard the doomsday. This was payment for the Chaos Gods helping him crush the Empire

Seriously, you guys don't read any of the fluff.

>avoid fighting Sigmar

Read it again, dweep. Sigmar is the guy who tried to avoid the fight.
>>
>>43892101
He didn't rip anything from him. You need to re-read it my friend. Karl Franz was only half powered, Valten needed to die for him to become full powered. Which is what happened. Then Sigmar beat Archaon twice in the final battle.

There is nowhere stated that it was "payment" for helping crush the Empire. Archaon just remained there as a bitch.

End Times is the only time Archaon got involved in a direct fight with Sigmar and lost twice.

In AoS he used Tzeentch to trick Sigmar instead of duelling him 1v1.

You're stirring shit to try and start something. Also, you're not Carnac.
>>
>>43891394
Always true to the Necrons.

And I was cheering for Archaon since Storm of Chaos. Be'lakor became a favorite of mine recently about the time when the Archaon novel came out and still I liked Archaon more than him.

Now discuss AoS rather some harmless anon.
>>
>>43892193
>He didn't rip anything from him. You need to re-read it my friend. Karl Franz was only half powered, Valten needed to die for him to become full powered. Which is what happened. Then Sigmar beat Archaon twice in the final battle.

No, that happened AFTER Valten died. He defeated Sigmar and ripped the winds from him.

The Winds of Heavens returned to Sigmar later.

>There is nowhere stated that it was "payment" for helping crush the Empire. Archaon just remained there as a bitch.

Except Archaon during his talk with Ka'pandaman stated it. The Chaos Gods did not want him to leave the city. The Chaos Gods wanted him to remain there and guard it.

>End Times is the only time Archaon got involved in a direct fight with Sigmar and lost twice.

He did not lose. It was a battle that went on and off and ended with a draw and Archaon ultimately won the war.

>In AoS he used Tzeentch to trick Sigmar instead of duelling him 1v1.

Except it's stated that Archaon marched forward to fight Sigmar and Sigmar was the guy who tried to avoid fighting Archaon bu throwing the hammer.

Just admit it. You guys don;t read the fluff at all.
>>
File: Archaon vs Sigmar.png (558 KB, 6056x988) Image search: [Google]
Archaon vs Sigmar.png
558 KB, 6056x988
>>43892310
Continued...

Valten died in End Times Thanqoul.

Archaon met the Karl Franz (Sigmar) in the last book End Times Archaon and the two fought.
>>
>>43892101
>>43892193
>>43892310
>>avoid fighting

IMNSHO, neither Sigmar nor Archaon avoid fighting each other in the Battle of Burning Skies.

Sigmar was trying to gain upper hand, before get into a toe-to-toe melee, so he hurl the World Shatterer toward Archaon. Sigmar fight all day since the battle start, he should be exhausted, and even he missed, the hammer could be retrieved, normally.

In case of Archaon, if Sigmar lose his hammer, he could win easily. Since he is not a mindless slaughter, so why not cast a illusion trap.

Both of them ain't avoid fighting, they are just trying gain upper hand, and any reasonable character will do the same.
>>
>>43892493
Continued.....

>‘Blood must flow,’ Ka’Bandha growled.

>‘And so it does. Only the elven forest-realm yet stands, and that matters little.’

>‘The Emperor escaped you.’

>Archaon shook his head, disdain creeping in his voice. ‘As a ruler of a realm, he was a threat. As an embodiment of the heavens, he was certainly a worthy foe. Now he is but a man. His power is gone, his armies are gone. He is beaten. The Dark Gods have given me the victory I craved, and now I shall deliver theirs, as I promised.’

>‘It is a mistake to think him defeated,’ Ka’Bandha rumbled. ‘His skull belongs to Khorne.’

>Archaon laughed, drawing satisfaction from how the daemon’s eyes narrowed at the sound. The Bloodthirster suspected mockery, but he doubted that the brute sensed how he was being manipulated. Archaon wanted Karl Franz slain, but he dared not test the Dark Gods’ patience by delaying any further. But now Ka’Bandha had broached the topic...

Here is the bit about the payment to the Chaos Gods and their orders for Archaon to stay in the city. If Archaon marched his army out to wipe the forces of Order, the Chaos Gods would have been pissed.

From this i we can see that you guys (or at least that moron anon) do not read the LORE!
>>
>>43890655
>10 khorne dude cost 50€, what the fuck

They're terminator big.
>>
>>43891314
>>The same logic however, does not make Archaon a coward for using underhanded and dirty tricks to avoid fighting properly.

Archaon's trick only came into play if Sigmar pussied out.
Archaon was prepared to fight him fairly, but Sigmar declined.
Act like a bitch and get treated like a bitch.
>>
File: Archaon_and_the_End_Times.png (381 KB, 298x442) Image search: [Google]
Archaon_and_the_End_Times.png
381 KB, 298x442
>>43892642
Exactly.
>>
>>43892310
>Sigmar pushes Archaon into the chasm
>b-b-but it wasn't a loss!
>Sigmar then is wrestled by Archaon and both fall into chasm
>b-b-but it wasn't a loss

lmao
>>
>>43892674
>>43892642
Samefag.
>>
>>43892695
Indeed it was not. It ended in a draw. Neither combatant was able to destroy the other.
>>
>>43892581
You do realise that people are trolling you Carnac, you do know that right? People are doing this on purpose to make your autism explode.

Which is the exactly the reason you fall for it.

Every.
Single.
Time.

>ad homs

What a surprise.
>>
>>43892695
>>Sigmar pushes Archaon into the chasm
>>b-b-but it wasn't a loss!

Well it wasn't. Archaon fell down a hole but climbed right back up.

>Sigmar then is wrestled by Archaon and both fall into chasm
>b-b-but it wasn't a loss

Well it wasn't. Archaon was the one who ended up as grand poobah of chaos while Sigmar was stuck hurtling through space on a rock.
>>
>>43892746
Nope, anon, that anon was legitimately a moron and I ain't mad. This builds a good case that you guys don't bother with the lore or don't care to have a discussion about it. You are simply here to shit up the place.

Also learn what ad hominem means unless you want to keep looking like a moron.
>>
File: screenshot2015bwos6m54nd.png (69 KB, 523x341) Image search: [Google]
screenshot2015bwos6m54nd.png
69 KB, 523x341
Let's discuss about Battletome: Everchosen. What's in, out and new. At least Slaanesh still exist as a battalion.
>>
>>43892806
Actually, no. Because I am that 'moron' and you fall for it every single time. I have the books right next to me, I read general shit then spout it back as if I've misread it. It's not hard, just say the basic outline of events. You then sperg out.

I'm doing it for a reason that others in this thread know, but you were, for once, not here to see.

Also, can you post your receipts again?

As for ad hom, you did not need to add the insult at the end. That is what makes an ad hom, you attacked the person, not the argument. Just because you attack the argument first, you then make it an ad hom by attacking the person at the end.

Look it up and stop using the /pol/ sticky as your definition.

Here.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logically-Fallacious-Ultimate-Collection-Fallacies/dp/1456607529

Read that and shut the fuck up.
>>
File: rekt.gif (605 KB, 512x588) Image search: [Google]
rekt.gif
605 KB, 512x588
>>43892871
>>43892806
holy shit btfo

not carnac but im buying that book, thanks anon
>>
>>43892871
>Actually, no. Because I am that 'moron'

You just lost your trolling war.
Carnac manages to stay in character at all times and it's part of the reason he is so effective. You've got a lot to learn, senpai.
>>
Anyway, I'm out, enough Carnac triggering today. It's quite fun, I suggest you try it.
>>
>>43892871
So you admit that you intentionally poison the well for lore discussion? Saving this one for the books.

>As for ad hom, you did not need to add the insult at the end. That is what makes an ad hom, you attacked the person, not the argument. Just because you attack the argument first, you then make it an ad hom by attacking the person at the end.

Why do you insist on being a moron? I presented my argument and I presented my proof. His argument or yours have been debunked. The insult came free of charge because you deserved it for being a little brat. An ad hom is sayong something like this "This guy is a moron so his argument is rendered invalided" which I did not do. How about you read the /pol/ sticky and that book yourself.

Now stop shiting up the thread and lets get back to /AoS/.
>>
>>43892922
But Carnac isn't in character, it isn't a gimmick. I've seen better gimmickfags on /sp/. Carnac is smalltime.
>>
>>43892957
Not buying it. You made a mistake but you covered it up under the guise of "I am trolling" Seriously, anon, you are shameless.
>>
>>43892969
You're wrong.

>Hi. I am in X position.
>You're wrong, here is why. You fucking moron.

That is still an ad hom. Once again, look it up. You attacked his position AS WELL as his argument. Attacking his argument FIRST does not then stop it being an ad hom. You must be trolling, I'm just passing by this thread.

Jesus fucking Christ, no wonder /tg/ is dead.
>>
>>43892976
>But Carnac isn't in character, it isn't a gimmick.

But it is.
>>
>>43892969
Carnac, I have a question for you. I'm not taking sides or anything but do you have a problem with not accepting you can be wrong sometimes?
>>
>>43892994
Then don't buy it, your opinion does not suddenly change the truth.

I'm not going to tell you what is happening as I'm not screencapping my skype messages with people. It isn't just me.
>>
>>43893039
No, not at all.

>>43893021
Don't lie to me, anon.

Insults on their own are not ad homs. I did not say he was wrong because he was a moron. I showed he was wrong and then flung an insult at YOU alone.

Educate yourself.
>>
>>43892969
>>43893021
>>43892871
Actually, you're both wrong, in a way.

Carnac DID do a ad hom, by proxy, if you want to stretch this shit out.

However, he did commit the "Personal Attack" fallacy.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/personal-attack.html

>not all ad homs are fallacious

This is a sub-set of ad hom, so it's up to you if you want to count it as one or not.
>>
>>43893056
Shouldn't you be leaving right now?
>>
>>43893118
See >>43893120

But, it'll be fun to see your damage control. You still commited a fallacy, it's just a sub-set of the one the guy claimed you did.

>educate yourself

There is ANOTHER fallacy. Appeal to Accomplishment.

Fuck off Carnac :) Keep trying thou.
>>
>>43893118
>No, not at all.
Just checking.
>>
>>43893156
Nope, The argument was over when I delivered it.

And what is absurdity that we can't have personal attacks in 4chan of all places.
>>
>>43893215
>this damage control

I've already given you proof that you committed one (actually two) fallacies.

Your argument should be based on logic. Yours are not. Stop insulting people

>b-b-but 4chan

Not an excuse. If you want to be taken seriously (kek) then you should act serious.

Anyway, as I said, I was just passing by. It's people like you who keep me away from AoS, but since it's shitpost heaven, I'm not surprised you live here.
>>
>>43883428
>>43883801
Anybody able to math hammer this out? Isn't there a program that can do it?

It costs 11 to get into existence, so you're going to fail that without Astrolith Banners + Sage Constellation at least. But I think people would object 10 Astroliths....
>>
>>43893260
>I've already given you proof that you committed one (actually two) fallacies.

I did not commit any of them.

>Your argument should be based on logic. Yours are not. Stop insulting people

Except I used logic and provided proof to defeat the other guys (yours) position.

The insult came free of charge and had no baring at all at the argument. You choose to focus on one word rather than admit you are wrong.

>Not an excuse. If you want to be taken seriously (kek) then you should act serious.

Then I can't take you seriously, anon. Especially said that you wanted to leave and yet...you are still here.
>>
>>43893298
when you said*
>>
>>43882291

Finely meme'd, sir.
>>
>>43892868
All I say is they better add Be'lakor in there.

The Age of Chaos came and went and The Dark Master still hasn't surfaced.
>>
>>43893280
It is 8.55 damage average, great but not the best. The debuff is far superior.
>>
>>43893364
I don't think Be'lakor is willing to work under Archaon, and the Dark Master do not fit the theme of Everchosen - mortal but not slave to darkness. Just wild guess.
>>
>>43893682
He was the one who crowned the Everchosen. To them he was bond as a servant. In the End Times, he broke his bondage.

I see the Chaos Gods chaining him again to Archaon's will. This would be a fitting punishment.
>>
So what's the release schedule for this week then? Are we getting the Battletome: Everchosen?
>>
>>43891652
who the fuck is carnac
>>
>>43893739
I can see them leaving his ass inside that ruby from the old world.

Would be the best place for him, really. He can't interfere with Chaos's plans, and can't find loopholes to break free from his bondage to a mortal again. It's really in the chaos gods best interest to make earrings out of him, and just let it be.
>>
>>43895404
Rumours of chaos knights at least, next week's hints ("from the varenspire they come, the champions of chaos") would seem to fit that too.
>>
Post cool looking seraphon armies, I need inspiration
>>
File: 1398506063482.jpg (387 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1398506063482.jpg
387 KB, 960x1280
>>43891804

>A certain troll from dakka is here, since I advertising tg, because 4chan is a better place to talk about AoS. And now dakka is dead(almost) da troll come here for fun.

Too bad there isn't any degenerate AoS material, shit like that would send most of those from Warseer or Dakka running for the hills.

>>43892868

Judging from the Battalions, I'm guessing these models will have rules:

>Archaon
>Mighty Skullcrushers
>Bloodreavers
>Slaughterpriest
>Blood Warriors
>Skullreapers
>Wrathmongers
>Lord of Plagues
>Warriors of Chaos
>Putrid Blightkings
>Sorcerer Lord
>Chaos Knights
>Chaos Lord
>Chaos Chariot
>Hellstriders of Slaanesh

Also maybe the new Chaos unit being released next week, assuming its actually a new unit and not just a Chaos Knights resculpt. Skarbrand is also a possibility.
>>
>>43893497
Thank you! I thought it was close to that.

We rounding it up or down? I say up due it being .5+, but I'll go down for the fact dice gods.

Yeah, debuff is pretty great. -3 Bravery when in range of a Drakescale Icon is insane. As I also said, D3 models flee regardless when in range of a Carnosaur. That's also great.

>>43895641
See >>43893298 >>43893215 >>43893118
>>43892969

And so on. He is the most hated person on /tg/ and mods won't do shit.

>>43895851
I'd post mine if I had pictures. I personally like the one with yellow backs + shield stripes. Fang of Sotek I think? Don't have it.

>>43891804
>>43896108
Which 'troll' is it, it certainly isn't Carnac, it's probably one of the other guys.

>>43895791
They're pictured in the Seraphon Battletome. Page 85.
>>
>>43896352
>Serephon battletome page 85
This is like the sixth time you've said this, and it's still utterly useless information. How about you post said picture?
>>
File: 79.jpg (2 MB, 2172x2992) Image search: [Google]
79.jpg
2 MB, 2172x2992
>>43897316
:^)
>>
>>43897316
Someone else posted a pic of page 85 sometimes ago, ir was just a chaos knight with a converted flaming sword painted a tzeentchian silver.

The head of the mount for one the actually new knights is visible in a pic of the white dwarf for archaon, in the bottom left corner of a close up groupshot with archaon and a bunch of black legion colored blightkings and blood warriors.
The pic passed here too, shouldn't be difficult to find it in the archives or at any other rumors blog.
>>
>>43897489
Not new.
>>
>>43897489
how can memories have spawning pits
>>
>>43897679

Because the pits don't belong to the Seraphon, as plainly said in the text.
>>
>>43897765
>as plainly said in the text.
Text plainly not shown in that pic, I suppose.
>>
>>43897821
>>43897765
the text is a memory too
>>
>>43897821
>>43897765
Unless you meant the distinction made between the progenitor and the seraphon forces in the victory conditions that would imply the seraphon attack the pits and not defend them.

But I'd question your choice of the word plainly at this point.
>>
>>43897860

Everything is a memery
>>
File: 1445292753064.jpg (15 KB, 229x240) Image search: [Google]
1445292753064.jpg
15 KB, 229x240
>>43880849
>Archaon
>Commands the armies of Chaos and is an extremely strong warrior
>Sigmar
>Commands the armies of Order and is an extremely strong warrior
>an argument starts about how they're massive pussies
>>
>>43898097
>Everything is a memery
tell me GW is just a memory
>>
>>43898111
Just disregard the stupidity of arguing with carnac

What the fuck is wrong with the right hand of your pic?
>>
>>43898185
>What the fuck is wrong with the right hand of your pic?
Ask the guys who drew it
>>
So how to find Roll20 players for this?

How do Warhammer 40k people play with each other?
>>
>>43897821

>Instead of picking a unit, the seraphon player can pick a spawning; if they do so, the spawning pit suffers D6 mortal wounds.

>When the battle ends, the seraphon win a major victory if all of the spawning pits have been ruptured, or a minor victory if at least three of them have been ruptured. The progenitor wins a minor victory if only one or two of the spawning pits have been ruptured, or a major victory if none have been ruptured.

This seems pretty clear to me that the pits don't belong to the Seraphon.
>>
>>43896352
One thing annoying me is Dread Saurian ain't monster, it is huge advantage. It can take down even Archaon!

>>43896108
Troll(s) from Dakka proof that, once the forum dead(almost), they will depart and find a new place to troll for fun. They DO enjoy trolling on internet, holy...
>>
Found a campaign if you're interested in joining guys.

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/12401/age-of-sigmar
>>
>>43899845
Fuck all this archon shit lets look at real warroirs. Tired of hearing about this bitch ass choas niggs since they released a model.
>>
>>43897489

Great, now post the rest of the book. ~;^>
>>
New Call of Archaon, we're getting closer guys
http://www.blacklibrary.com/aos/whaos-qu-re/in-the-lands-of-the-blind-ebook.html
>>
File: pic-46319-popup.jpg (318 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
pic-46319-popup.jpg
318 KB, 900x1200
The Varanguard are here.
>>
File: pic-46322-popup.jpg (577 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pic-46322-popup.jpg
577 KB, 1600x1200
>>43907231
>>
File: pic-46320-popup.jpg (360 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
pic-46320-popup.jpg
360 KB, 900x1200
>>43907237

These guys are Lord Celestant on Dracoth size apparently.
>>
File: pic-29953.jpg (299 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
pic-29953.jpg
299 KB, 900x1200
>>43907247
Warscroll, the weapon profile ain't that great, can any read german?
>>
>>43907247
Fuck me, that's huge for a unit of cavalry, even monstrous cavalry aren't that big as a rule.

Not sure about the models themselves, but maybe it's the colour scheme again that isn't quite doing them justice, they seem confused to my eye as they are. Speaking of which, is Archaon's colour scheme just the same as the Black Legion nowadays? Seems to be.
>>
File: pic-29929.jpg (507 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pic-29929.jpg
507 KB, 1600x1200
>>43907293
>>43907295
Black is bad for miniature full of detail.
>>
File: pic-46321-popup.jpg (471 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pic-46321-popup.jpg
471 KB, 1600x1200
>>43907293
That price, 60 pound for 3.
>>
File: pic-29933.jpg (572 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pic-29933.jpg
572 KB, 1600x1200
>>43907314
>>
>>43907293
Daemonforged weapons for skullreapers are:
>Daemonforged Weapons: When a model attacks with a Daemonblade or Soultearer, and the hit roll is 6 or higher, the daemon bound inside the blade awakens. If that attack’s wound roll is successful, then the target suffers a mortal wound in addition to any other damage. If the wound roll is a 1, the attacking unit suffers a mortal wound instead!
I think this looks the same, there's reference to a 6 and then a 2+ or instead rolling a 1.
>>
File: pic-29923.jpg (534 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pic-29923.jpg
534 KB, 1600x1200
>>43907321
>>
File: pic-29927.jpg (510 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pic-29927.jpg
510 KB, 1600x1200
>>43907336
>>
File: pic-29925.jpg (515 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pic-29925.jpg
515 KB, 1600x1200
>>43907342
>>
File: pic-29935.jpg (289 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
pic-29935.jpg
289 KB, 900x1200
>>43907349
Battletome and water transfer.
>>
>>43907361
Limited edition, come with some... icon?

>>43907324
Not that impressive too.
>>
File: pic-29939.jpg (533 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pic-29939.jpg
533 KB, 1600x1200
>>43907381
Oops!
>>
>>43907293

To be fair that's the first 3+ save I can remember seeing on a non hero or monster, so their basic stats ain't bad.
>>
File: pic-29937.jpg (559 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pic-29937.jpg
559 KB, 1600x1200
>>43907391
Transfer sheet
>>
>>43907391
It comes with pogs! Brilliant!
>>
Now THIS I like

I'd say the first unilaterally good miniatures arrived with the age of sigmar, surpassing even the quite good khornate mage and the flying sigmarine with bow and bird
>>
>>43907361
>>43907391
GW TAKE MY MONEY
>>
File: 1368734713943.png (151 KB, 680x780) Image search: [Google]
1368734713943.png
151 KB, 680x780
>>43907231
>>43907237
>>43907247
>>43907308
>>43907321
>>43907336
>>43907342
>>43907349

WE BLACK LEGION NOW!

But seriously I want some for my warriors of chaos so I can put them on square bases like the rest of my army
>>
so after copypasting the space marines to fantasy they turned WoC to black legion roflmao
>>
>>43907349
The horse-beast just doesn't work on this one. I presume they were going for full gallop but with one hoof down it looks like its prancing. They should have balanced the whole model on the hanging cloth if possible, or not done that pose at all.
>>
>>43909058
they're cool, but not $30 a pop cool, to me anyways.

Does anyone else think the mounts look a bit . . . lizard-y?? saurian???
>>
Sigfags on suicide watch.

Just relax and calm down while Chaos destroys this shit setting. Maybe the next one will be better.
>>
>>43909207
how does that even make any sense??

I'm just happy to see new sculpts for the line overall tbqh
>>
>>43909207
do stormfags even exist?
>>
File: pottery.jpg (97 KB, 623x305) Image search: [Google]
pottery.jpg
97 KB, 623x305
>>
>>43907295
>>43908206

Black is bad for miniature full of detail, on the contrary Stormcast look cool in black(Anvils of the Heldenhammer!); Black Legion look dull, but Black Templar as cool as it gets. No idea why GW pick black as the color of BBEG.

>>43907394
You get the point, average Hero have 5 wound and 4+ only, the new knight just too tough to kill.

>>43909058
I'm sorry, but I don't get you mean at all. I think that steed look fine.

>>43907295
Mournfang's da biggest!!!

>>43909484
As usual, bad guy have far more fancy detail.
>>
>>43907321
>All those exposed necks.
>Chaos will never again have gorgets

Damn you Sigmar.
>>
>>43907391
That actually looks pretty cool.
I'm digging that back art.
>>
>>43907394
Well the 5w a pop helps balance it out. These guys are tough and fast, but chances are it will be a high expenditure of points/wounds to field them. They will most likely still be worth it though. I'm betting the shield builds have that 4+ against mortals.
>>
>>43909697
>As usual, bad guy have far more fancy detail.
This is archaon stuff here. GW has a bigger boner for him than they do sigmar. Now it's starting to look like the sigmarines were a half-ass effort. I sometimes wonder if Carnac is a GW head writer. Face it guys, this is where the war turns right back toward Chaos favor and the forces of order are right back on a never ending uphill battle against the unstoppable forces of chaos.

Congratulations chaosfags, the status quo will be maintained.
>>
Does Archaon have actual character motivation anymore?
>>
>>43909905
>war turns right back toward Chaos favor and the forces of order are right back on a never ending uphill battle against the unstoppable forces of chaos.

This is how Warhammer should be.
Because of that alone I doubt it will happen.
>>
>>43909942
Reducing everything to Chaos.
>>
>>43909942
From what we read so far his movitation is fucking up Sigmar and dragging the Mortal Realms to the Realm of Chaos where he will rule them.
>>
>>43909950
No it shouldn't. That was one thing that pissed me off about the old world was that nothing could be done about chaos. It was all just delaying the inevitable. When the final end times book came out, it was really no surprise at all that chaos wins.

Now we will get the same bullshit in the mortal realms. The stormcast eternals are not truly immortal and there will still be an infinite nmber of immortal daemons under rule of a great uniter, which since he has a brand new flashy model, there is listerally zero chance he will be killed off in the fluff.
>>
>>43909905
>Face it guys, this is where the war turns right back toward Chaos favor

It already did.
We've known for some time that Sigmar is weakening while his new war is growing Khorne's power.
We also know that Sigmar in his prime was no match for Archaon
And even beyond that we've already seen Chaos mess with multiversal and time issues which alone puts them far beyond the scope of anything else.
>>
For the first time Im excited about new AoS mimiature. After terrible Archaon this knights look simply amazing.
>>
>>43910040
Don't worry. The Slann have some mega-plan to destroy the Chaos Gods once and for all.

Have faith.
>>
>>43910040
>No it shouldn't.

Yes it should.

>That was one thing that pissed me off about the old world was that nothing could be done about chaos. It was all just delaying the inevitable.

That's the point. It was this dark, bleak, dirty world and it was awesome.

>When the final end times book came out, it was really no surprise at all that chaos wins.

You say that now, but all through the End Times that wasn't the case. Chaos fans of course knew how it should end, but not whether it would.

>The stormcast eternals are not truly immortal

They're way more immortal than your average Chaos Warrior.
Then they've also cleansed lands, they can even cleanse the souls of those fallen to Chaos and for no apparent reason Celestial magic now harms Chaos.
>>
>>43910152
Less immortal than the average daemon. Chaos has means of destroying their souls. Heck, the Reforging process alone could be deadly. With each Stormcast lost, little of Sigmar's power is lost forever.

> they can even cleanse the souls of those fallen to Chaos

Only the guy with the hammer can do that.

>Celestial magic now harms Chaos.

Now? It always had. As far as I can recall.
>>
>>43910130
Praise Sotek.
>>
>>43907293
Relentless Murderers:
Once per game this unit may be chosen to to attack a second time during close combat.
Demonforged Weapons:
On a 6 to hit, don't roll to wound, instead roll a d6. On a 2+ the target unit suffers a Mortal Wound. in a 1, the unit with this weapon suffers a Mortal Wound.
Impaled on the Charge:
When making a charge move, Fellspears roll to wound on a 3+ and have Rend -2.
Warpsteel-Shields:
When affected by a spell cast by an enemy Wizard, roll a d6. On a 4+ ignore the effect.
>>
>>43910228
>Less immortal than the average daemon.

They're are the mirror of the Chaos Warrior, being mortal men blessed with divine power, and they do it better in every way.

>Only the guy with the hammer can do that.

And he wouldn't be able to in good old warhammer because redemption defeats the point.

>Now? It always had. As far as I can recall.

Hysh was the wind with power against daemons and undead. Azyr was just for meteorological phenomena, it certainly couldn't cleanse Chaos taint from somebody.
>>
>>43910304
>They're are the mirror of the Chaos Warrior, being mortal men blessed with divine power, and they do it better in every way.

They are too much for the chafe of Chaos (Reavers). The blessed warriors are their equal.

>And he wouldn't be able to in good old warhammer because redemption defeats the point.

The Everqueen cleansed the soul of an exalted Slaaneshi champ in "Champions of Ulthuan".

>power against daemons and undead

And so was heavens. The power of Sigmar aka Heavens that was channelled by his warrior priests was the bane of Undead and daemons in the old world.
>>
>>43910370
>The blessed warriors are their equal.

They can fight them well enough, to a degree. Thus far they usually end up getting their asses kicked. They also don't get well after being killed barring a few exceptions.

>The Everqueen cleansed the soul of an exalted Slaaneshi champ in "Champions of Ulthuan".

That's Black Library, and not nowadays Black Library when things were all nicely integrated together.

>And so was heavens.

Nope.

>The power of Sigmar aka Heavens that was channelled by his warrior priests was the bane of Undead and daemons in the old world.

That wasn't the power of heavens. That was just divine magic. People have only recently come to assume it was related to Heavens because Sigmar has been involved with that recently.
>>
FUCK

Who the hell is going to buy a mere three Knights for a hundred fucking dollars? The prices of AOS are more batshit than fucking forgeworld.
>>
>>43910455
to be fair, these knights are pretty damn big. its like having 3 lord-celestants on dracoths big
>>
>>43910446
>Thus far they usually end up getting their asses kicked.

Then you haven't read enough lore. The Stormcast edge is their organization and unity, take that away from them and they won't stand long. Like that one instance in the timeline where Stormcast army and a Khornate army were broken apart in a maze. There the Stormcast and Blood Warriors had to use their individual skill as combatants to win the fight. The Blood Warriors won.

>That's Black Library, and not nowadays Black Library when things were all nicely integrated together.

You don't get to dismiss an example for ayt arbitrary reason. The cleansing of souls is not something new AoS came up with.

>People have only recently come to assume it was related to Heavens because Sigmar has been involved with that recently.

Because we now know that Sigmar's power was Heavens. The empowerment Valten enjoyed wasn't divine magic, it was Azyr flowing through him.
>>
>>43910506
That's still a fucking absurd price for something that should be a main backbone of any army- cavalry.

I fear what will happen to Bretts if they come back.
>>
>>43910523
If they made new bretonnian Knights on par with these they could charge me fucking anything and I would still buy them
>>
>>43880849
Skinstealers?
>>
>>43910508
>Then you haven't read enough lore.

I've read most of it. You cannot possibly deny that Chaos does not usually lose.

>Like that one instance in the timeline where Stormcast army and a Khornate army were broken apart in a maze.

One instance. Even later in the battletome the Khornates manage to lose in their own book.

>You don't get to dismiss an example for ayt arbitrary reason.

It's not arbitrary, it's Black Library and Black Library was no good. It made no sense and never were such abilities portrayed anywhere else.

>The cleansing of souls is not something new AoS came up with.

Of course not, but it is a first for Warhammer proper.

>Because we now know that Sigmar's power was Heavens.

You can't act retroactively about that, and actually that was never established anyway. Azyr never had property, that was for Hysh.
>>
>>43909942
he does things because he's evil, wants to rule\destroy and because lol chaos incarnated
>>
File: Drevil_million_dollars.jpg (8 KB, 300x318) Image search: [Google]
Drevil_million_dollars.jpg
8 KB, 300x318
>>43910562
What about... one MILLION dollars?
>>
>>43910506

they are definitely not that big
>>
>>43910726
what i meant was each knight is about the size of lord-celestant on dracoth
>>
>>43910130
Yeah, but where will they find rocks big enough for a chaos god?
>>
http://www.gamestrust.de/uploads/gallery/1275/pic-29943.jpg
http://www.gamestrust.de/uploads/gallery/1275/pic-29931.jpg
>>
File: 1448698332987.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448698332987.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>43910455

Remember when Age of Sigmar was suppose to correct 'the errors' of WFB?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.