[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Our Deathwatch team just got a fresh new Librarian to the team
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 28
File: Enslaver_sketch.jpg (57 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
Enslaver_sketch.jpg
57 KB, 399x600
Our Deathwatch team just got a fresh new Librarian to the team after a VERY LONG list of Dead Librarians.

We are now going into a Space Hulk with Enslavers in it. How fucked are we?
>>
>>43880322

You should punch your GM in the face and burn his house down.

That is how fucked you are.

Seriously, being a single squad of Guardsmen on a fucking Rak'gol ship that has a disproportionate amount of Techno-Shamans and Abominations is being less fucked than what you are heading into.
>>
>>43880322

If the Enslavers are already on the ship then that means they've already managed to burst through some luckless unsanctioned psyker's head.

Your Librarian is Sanctioned, presumably wearing an Aegis Suit too. That should give plenty of protection. He ought to be useful in detecting the Enslavers.
>>
>>43880322
Why would anyone ever bring a psyker on such a mission?
>>
>>43880442
We're going onto the ship were a Deathwatch team went dark, there was a Librarian in the team.Two strike frigates were puppet ships outside.

Our Astropath sealed herself away in stasis. We are cut off from the rest of the Deathwatch.
>>
File: Meanwhile_in_the_warp.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile_in_the_warp.gif
2 MB, 640x360
Fly your ship into the Eye of Terror while you're at it.

Sounds like the GM wants a power trip.
>>
>>43880506

You should just nuke the shit out of the Hulk.

Like, that is honestly where that quote is at it's most accurate.

Fuck artifacts, fuck knowledge, fuck trying to gain something, first confirmation of serious shit like an Enslavers incursion is the moment you get the fuck out and reduce the entire thing into molten slag, even if it takes centuries of constant lance and novacannon bombardment.
>>
>>43880506
>going onto the ship where a Deathwatch team went dark
>>43880506
>there was a Librarian in the team
>>43880506
>Two strike frigates were puppet ships outside.

Are you playing insane, or actually so?
>>
>>43880563
Not really, this groups been going on for 5 years with SOMEWHAT the same team. We've fought Umbra daemons all kinds of things. Its been a really good run.

>>43880465
Because He wanted to play a Librarain 5 years ago, but played a techmarine for 5 years made the character throw a tissy (he was always an asshole in Character) Retired his charcter with the Librarian he made 3 missions prior, then WHAM Enslavers.....

>>43880592
We can't at this point, Our ship is DEAD in the water, our Navigator refuses to budge, our Astropath and all messaging people are sealed in stasis....

yeeeeeaaaahhhhh...
>>
>>43880725

Bite the pillow, son.

Bite the fuck out of it, and you might see the morrow with most of your dignity at least somewhat recognizable.
>>
>>43880725
I would advise you bust into the navigators room and beat him like a little bitch until he flies the ship. That or just fly away slowly in real space.
>>
>>43880794
Only good thing is we have 90 req PER MEMBER all plus 30 reknown. And I got a free suit of Terminator Armor. Not that it'll do much against HI! You are possessed now!
>>
File: Enslaver.jpg (63 KB, 589x768) Image search: [Google]
Enslaver.jpg
63 KB, 589x768
>>43880886

Tiny breach into your armor, one Enslaver larva decides to be a clever little bastard, it's all over, and your body is going to be stretched and mutated into a flesh suit.
>>
>>43880813
>That or just fly away slowly in real space.

Would be the best option until you recall that fuel exists (or needs to in this case).
>>
I'm playing the Librarian.

I've waited five years to play a librarian in this group with these assholes: I'm completely fucked.
>>
>>43881015

Not only are you completely fucked, you are taking everyone down with you.

Dick.
>>
>>43880974
Floating in space for a while is better than the alternative. Maybe if you get far enough away you can get the navigator to start flying again.
>>43881015
A librarian is a pretty strong psyker right? Could he navigate the ship?
>>
>>43880813
You know, he might have a good reason not to want anything to do with the warp at the moment.
>>
>>43881015
Remember how I asked you if you wanted to sit this mission out?

Remember how you wanted the Terminator armor, but we needed you easy to kill?
>>
File: This is fine.jpg (50 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
This is fine.jpg
50 KB, 640x472
>>43881054

Pretty much. yeah.

BUCKLE UP ASSHOLES. PREPARE YOU MIND FUCK-HOLES.
>>
File: giphy.gif (963 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
963 KB, 500x378
>Mfw I'm an Emperor's Nightmare Assault Marine in this campaign
>Mfw knowing how my GM handles Horror stuff I'm going to have trouble sleeping IRL
>>
>>43881059
Being a psyker isn't enough for warp navigation, you need a navigator. Ok, maybe someone like Magnus could pull it off, but a librarian will do about as well as a mudfish trying to compete in the Paris-Dakar.
>>
File: 1436314776602.gif (1 MB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
1436314776602.gif
1 MB, 207x207
HAB YOU SEEN ALIEN
>>
>>43880442
>Aegis Suit
>Deathwatch
Remove Gay Knights
>>
>>43881156
Would attempting it be preferable to going into a space hulk full of enslavers?
>>
File: 20minutes.jpg (273 KB, 781x661) Image search: [Google]
20minutes.jpg
273 KB, 781x661
>>43881125
>mfw I miss fighting daemons because they were less scary
>>
>>43880412
Enslavers aren't that deadly. In terms of strength they're basically a powerful lesser daemon.
>>
>>43881175

I fucking wish.

I still fail one fucking Opposed WP test and it's all over though, so...
fuck Enslavers man.
Just, fuck'em.

I'll take the beefed up great unclean one back please.
I liked being an Ork; Life was simple, Dakka.
>>
File: 1448375166355.jpg (25 KB, 480x433) Image search: [Google]
1448375166355.jpg
25 KB, 480x433
>>43881201
>When the Librarian gets his brain psychically cat-called
>When you realize it's not by Slaanesh
>>
>>43881201

It's unironically more merciful to give someone to a daemon than it is to let them be taken by an Enslaver.

A daemon will eventually get bored and just eat / tear the fucker's soul to bits, Enslavers don't get bored, that soul is stuck there.
>>
>>43881175

My bad, I meant Psychic Hood
>>
Sounds like someone told your DM "just fuck my game up" and he took it seriously and turned it up to 11. I'd rather go in fucking naked taking on daemons and genestealers rather than Enslavers. Fuck that shit. The only way you're coming out alive, when you have a psyker no less, is if the GM fudges and lets you live. Aside from that, you're fucked like you're the new guy in prison and Bubba's your bunk buddy.
>>
>>43881232

It's the fact that if literally anyone has any bit of exposed flesh they become a puppet almost by default, and if they have even pathetically small amounts of psychic potential they explode into a mini-warp rift that will spew out entire swarms of Enslaver larvae and a few "Adults"

Enslavers are the things that wiped out the Old Ones, Enslavers are the horrid lovechild of 'Nids and Daemons with a side-branch into Nurgle's Curse of Unbelief.
>>
>>43881201
Our notable kill roster
2x Dagon Overlords
3x Daemon Prince
20+x Carnifex
Uncounted Genestealer brood lords
Greater Unclean one as orks (Long story...)
Encountered a Norn Queen
Cleared a ship of Umbra
Snuck up close enough to Small Arms an Etherial
2x Chaos Sorcerers
Blood Thirster
Several Ork Warbosses

Oh man so much I am forgetting.
>>
File: 1445281107266.jpg (190 KB, 624x688) Image search: [Google]
1445281107266.jpg
190 KB, 624x688
>>43881338
Don't you realize, we've been dead for centuries.
>>
>>43881338

Eh, I'll give you 30/70 odds, smaller number is you surviving.
>>
Yeah dude just fly away nice and slow and set off some distress beacons. Its the most responsible thing to do.
>>
File: Psy hood.jpg (29 KB, 273x320) Image search: [Google]
Psy hood.jpg
29 KB, 273x320
>>43881252

I am Epistolary, Thankfully I now get one as standard so I'm covered.
Hopefully; MEchanically hoods aren't quite as "Fuck off psychic powers" as you'd think.
>>
>>43880322
Wire the ship to blow. Wire every active part you can of the hulk to blow.
When, or if, you die you can try to take as much as you can with you.
>>
>>43881338
Maybe this is your GM signaling you guys something.

Rig the fusion core, set course, brain all on-board psykers, maybe jettison a pod with your explanation & apologies to the Inquisition Auditors when they come to investigate a few years down the line.
>>
>>43881338

Daemons aren't shit. Beating them is not the same as fighting an Enslaver. Enslavers are older than the chaos gods themselves. And powerful enough to still survive in the warp and not be destroyed by them. These are the things that destroyed the Old Ones who knew of psyker shit way beyond anybody else and forced everybody to fucking run and hide for millenia, including Necrons.

That's the thing. You'd have a better chance of killing Khorne in a duel than realistically taking out an Enslaver brood with anything other than exterminatus. Which is why unless the DM nerfs them to hell and back and then a little more for good measure or just goes "you win", you're done for. At least if he's making them as powerful in game as they would be in fluff.
>>
Survived awakening a Tomb world
Are worshiped by Orks as Gods (long story)
We crashed into an Eldar Titan
Had a Void Grenade thrown at us
Beat a Genestealer unconscious with Codecies
Ramped an ork truck over a Deathwatch Cruiser
Nuked a Primitive village 3x to get rid of a genestealer infestation
Blew up a city on accident (awoke Necrons)
Killed 200+ orks in 5 turns
Snuck up on Pathfinders in a landspeeder
I oneshot a Valkyrie with a lasconnon mid flight
Picked up our Assault Marine in scout armor with our assault Marine Threw Scout Assault Marine to kill a Lictor Prime

I REALLY Miss our old Black Templar
Abhor the Witch
>>
>>43881413

Oh, he will.

I'm already thinking of new Character concepts.

Not like I've waited five years or anything!
>>
File: Run.png (46 KB, 776x430) Image search: [Google]
Run.png
46 KB, 776x430
>>43881413

Ehhh...Enslavers aren't *really* that powerful in the physical sense, it's just that fighting them is an exercise in futility as they spawn ad infinum unless the Rifts are closed, are practically immune to any psychic-fuckery tossed at them, assuming they didn't auto-asplode the Psykers and turn them into more warp rifts, and instead of simply butchering and eating the people sent to fight them, they get ganked and mind-controlled by the 40k equivalent to Tarantula Hawks / Cazadors.
>>
File: 1385432276800.jpg (408 KB, 1731x977) Image search: [Google]
1385432276800.jpg
408 KB, 1731x977
So lets cut to the chase,
What should our Librarian roll up now?
>>
>>43881494
Quick, erase every Psychic power that has anything to do with telepathy, sensing, or psychic reading of objects.

Psykers might be conduits for this shit, but if they don't have the ability to open psychic communications they're in exactly the same boat as any other character once it comes down to mindrape.

Replace all those abilities with mind-lasers and setting things on fire. When the Enslavers start trying to get you to open your brain up, give them the finger and set the world on fire, while staunchly reminding the GM that you can't open your brain up to their telepathic ways if you wanted to.

This doesn't stop them from turning you into a living warp-fuckery beacon, but it *does* slow down their ability to do so remotely. Remember to invest in willpower.

If you're being legitimately given any chance at all, you should be able to avoid the major pits and sinks that Psyker characters run into once major mind fuckers come into play, especially since you're a space marine.
>>
I feel like some people are mixing up Enslavers with Psychneuein.
>>
>>43881495
GET BACK IN THE SKYRANGER, BRAZIL CAN GO FUCK ITSELF!
>>
>>43881652
I dont think most people even know what Psychneuein are.
>>
>>43881636

I'm Playing a Buff-Barian

No Offensive Powers however, no telepathy based powers either. Just abilities which buff, augment or grant other nifty abilities.

win-win from that point of view.
>>
File: ohgod ohgod ohgod.jpg (279 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ohgod ohgod ohgod.jpg
279 KB, 1920x1080
Our Librarian rapsheet so far
Died
Died to Raiguns
Fell to Chaos
Fell INTO chaos
Warped himself to another planet
Died to Enslavers

Currently in our party
>>
>>43881718

I'M STILL ALIVE!

... for now...
>>
>>43881652

No. Enslavers are that, on top of having the Old Ones under their kill list and being older than the gods themselves. They do the same shit with larva and hatching shit, but also mind control you. They're way more powerful.
>>
File: ss.jpg (202 KB, 1279x1657) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
202 KB, 1279x1657
>>43881718
Might as well fucking end it. Wire up all three ships together for a self-destruct course towards the space hulk.
>>
File: 1391820679326.jpg (248 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1391820679326.jpg
248 KB, 1000x1000
>>43881749
Hey guys I'm going to send away the Techmarine with Artificer armor and toughness twice that of normal Space Marines
>>
File: Adventure Table.png (246 KB, 1194x2176) Image search: [Google]
Adventure Table.png
246 KB, 1194x2176
>>43881718

>Fell to Chaos
>Fell INTO Chaos

Did the next one crash Chaos into itself?
>>
File: Colony Drop.jpg (89 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
Colony Drop.jpg
89 KB, 640x478
>>43881780
All in favor of this plan?
>>
File: sandro.png (621 KB, 1347x710) Image search: [Google]
sandro.png
621 KB, 1347x710
>>43881855
JUST
>>
>>43881484
>Nuked a Primitive village 3x to get rid of a genestealer infestation
Please tell me why you did that.
>>43881484
>Are worshiped by Orks as Gods (long story)
>Beat a Genestealer unconscious with Codecies
>Killed 200+ orks in 5 turns
Story time, Big E.
>>
File: 1387473608736.jpg (299 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1387473608736.jpg
299 KB, 1440x900
>our Librarian
>>
>>43881907
>Please tell me why you did that.
To get rid of a genestealer infestation.
>>
>>43881718
>Fell INTO chaos
How do you fall into Chaos?
>>
>>43881949
But isn't burning them without nuking the village good enough? There's no room for them to pull any walking on walls or vents in a village. Heck, you could draw them out in the open, make them fall into a pit trap, and get some oil to pour on them and pull out a match.
>>
File: I have no idea.jpg (21 KB, 367x384) Image search: [Google]
I have no idea.jpg
21 KB, 367x384
>>43881907

>Beat a Genestealer unconscious with Codecies

It's honestly as simple as it sounds.
We went "so we have to capture some tyranids? and our hands are leathal weapons... what about our standard issues codex's"

- One experiment later -

"IT FUCKING WORKS! LETS FIND US A TYRANID WARRIOR!"
>>
>>43882018
>Books can defeat Tyranids
Wait were they written by Cruddence?
>>
>>43881907
>Genestealer thing
Our mission was to take back live Tyranid samples. It came to me that the codex would be non lethal. Fucking Genesteler didn't see it coming when Five Marine started mollywhoping it with with books.

>Worshiped by orks

UUUUM yeeeaaah About that........

So begins the tale of Gretchnik
My Character is an Imperial Fist tactical marine. He is slated to shoot things, and shoot things well. Strangely enough hes our teams pilot and a diplomat. I am pushing a high 50 Fellowship and a 60 BS. Ploygot, Air of Authority, peer Adeptus Astartes, he's meant to talk to people since the rest of the kill-team is a Black Templar Tactical Marine, a Scythes of the Emperor Tech Marine, a Knights of Blood Apothecary, and a Salamander Assault Marine. They kill not talk.

We are on a planet thats under attack from the orks, and there's a bit of chaos malignancy going on. We had already encountered a few daemons and even killed a blood thirster with the aid of a rhino which we rammed it with. We aren't an Orthodox kill team.... The orks were divided into two camps, a southern tribe and a northern tribe. We came to find the Warboss of the southern tribe was tricked into the service of Nurgle while the northern was 100% good ol' Orky.

Well we don't know where the northern tribe's boss is, so we just hack our way through the nurgly orks to the south since chaos why the fuck not? During a raid on a camp we come across a horde of Regular looking boys. In my infinite diplomatic wisdom I think " Hey we can interrogate one for the location of their boss. Its a long shot, but why the fuck not." Surprisingly my team agrees with me.
>>
>>43882007
Genestealers aren't dumb.even if they were you would need more than a pit and some oil to stop something that can carve up terminators. Safest to nuke the place.
>>
>>43882058
We we fight the horde trying to leave a few left. It gets down to about three and its looking like it wont happen. So I charge the horde and tell the GM that I am attempting to tackle one out of it. He allows me to but with some penalties, My character is sub par in Melee, also very squishy. (Mk IV BITCHES)

I succeed strangely enough and I tackle an ork out of the horde. The other two are killed easy enough. However our Apothecary is in Blood frenzy, where he MUST kill what he harms. Everyone else tries to calm him down, and get him worked down slowly.

So we now have a single ork boy who is thrashing about rightfully pissed at a bunch of Stopid Umies. The Black templar tries to intimidate him to get him to comply. It just makes him angrier and want to fight. everyone else tries something similar, like an interrogate check. to no Avail.

So I finnaly decide, "Fuck it, I'm going to use a straight fellowship test" to calm him down, like I am just talking to him normally. GM says he'll allow it, but its a hostile ork so -40 to my roll

>roll 1

Everyone sits there for a moment, stunned. I calmed an ork down by simply talking to it. The ork will talk to me and we learn the location of the ork camp. I figure the ork might still be useful, tie some explosive onto him, run him at his warboss. So I try to keep him around a little longer. I also know orks respect strength, since I was the one to single out the Nob in the horde and kill it I tell the ork
"Since I have killed your boss I am your new boss"

>roll 1
Okie Boss!

At this point my party is stunned but soon erupts into laughter. I now have a pet ork....

But it gets better.
>>
>>43882087
We call in our Valkyrie from the Imperial Guard to come pick us up. We have an objective nearby to kill a southern tribe warboss. Our ork knows where he is, or at least we think he does. He dabbers on like an ork. and it takes a LOT of effort to not kill him. Imagine a hyper child who wont shut up. I turn to the ork and tell him " The Emperor rewards prudence!" Being an ork he has no concept of this. So I put it simply
"The emperor rewards those who stay silent and kill the enemies of man." He likes this and is silent for a minute.

We Bord the Valkyrie,much to great confusion of the Guardsmen inside of it. " Inquisitorial business, you saw nothing..."
Soon the ork stars talking again. I ask him his name "Gretchnik, Boss!" And he just kinda tolerate him till we touch down at the outskirts of the camp. We start devising a plan, we are going to stealth fully take out some sentries and hit the camp when it is disoriented. I explain to the ork stealth " Its like your kommandos, no shooting, be sneaky."
He nods " Gotcha boss!"

We approach the cobbled walls. Gretchnik takes off charges a watch tower and tosses a demo charge he stole from our Salamander at it, blowing it up killing sentry and a building below it crumbles.
"I DID IT BOSS I SNUK UP ALL SNEEKY LIKE!"

Have you ever seen five space marines face palm simultaneously? It happened.
>>
>>43882069
Agitate the stealers. Confuse them. Go loyalist Noise Marine on them until they're out cold.
>>
File: 140225-nuke-it.jpg (40 KB, 700x376) Image search: [Google]
140225-nuke-it.jpg
40 KB, 700x376
>>43882069

As resident Tyranid knowledge base at the time; was pretty my my opinion on the matter.
Hence THREE Lance strikes. Not just one.
>>
>>43882111
We fight our way through the camps and keep blundering into more hordes of orks. Our assault marine cocks up his jump and lands ON ork NobS PLURAL. His feet are on both. We rush in to save him. Meanwhile Gretchnik ran off and started looting the place. He find a krak grenade. The fight is still going on but is winding down. I find gretchnick and yell at him for not fighting with us. He gets all pumped and charges at the nobs, He kills one, the other we kill.
"I did it Boss I killed da Nob I did!"

We look through the corpses and find the chieftain, we call the objective done, and get ready to move to the next one. Gretchnick comes back with a Powerklaw! A freaking POWER KLAW! He's so proud and cant stop talking about it and starts talking about its features
"LOOK BOSS! It cen open N Close!" I walk over to him and point to his krak greade. and tell him " See what the Emperor gives you when you loot in a battle" Then I point to his power klaw" And see what the Emperor gives you when you kill xenos and loot AFTER the battle!"

He looks at me wide eyes and in awe
"Da Empurah must be da Flashiest git dere iz...." To which I respond
"And the biggest, who else can control so many soldiers at one time? None of your bosses can say they can"
"Wow... He must be 'HUGE!"

And it just gets better from here
>>
>>43882119
Or just nuke the place. Who the fuck wants a primitive village infested with genestealers?
>>43882156
He gets it.
>>
>>43882169
While waiting our Salamander gets inpatient and starts shooting squigs that are running around. Gretchnik laughs and tells him
"Dats not 'ow yaz do et!"
He then pulls out some strange grabby stick. He runs up to one, hit its with the stick, picks it up and eats it. He then walks over to the Salamander and hand him the stick. He even makes a somewhat orky apology/explanation as to why he took the demo charge, and apparently my hand flamer. I told him he could keep it.

We slowly started to like the ork and his antics. He even ATTEMPTED to read one of our Codex before we stopped him, not that he could read it. So we come across another camp, but this one is the norther tribe, and Gretchnik can blend in, get a truk and load it with explosives. We all agree to this, so we send in the ork hoping for the best, then the GM says

"You hear gunfire, then nothing."

So thats the end of Gretchnik, right?

Well we continue on, and I manage to kill the Nurglewarboss with and insane 20 righteous fury chain. Then we fall back to the imperial command compound and hold off a huge attack by the Chaos forces on the planet. The Planet is secured and safe for now. Then at the end of the battle we come across a commissar holding a hand flamer. MY hand flamer. Hes yelling at a bunch of guardsmen who claim they have been rescued by orks who shouted FUR DA EMPERAH instead of their normal banter. I tell the Commissar they are not lying, and that the weapon is mine. It even has a note on it
"Return to Fean" My name is Thean.
>>
>>43882058
>It came to me that the codex would be non lethal. Fucking Genesteler didn't see it coming when Five Marine started mollywhoping it with with books.
For once Cruddance is good for something.
>>43882058
>During a raid on a camp we come across a horde of Regular looking boys. In my infinite diplomatic wisdom I think " Hey we can interrogate one for the location of their boss. Its a long shot, but why the fuck not." Surprisingly my team agrees with me.
>>43882087
>At this point my party is stunned but soon erupts into laughter. I now have a pet ork....
>>43882111
>Have you ever seen five space marines face palm simultaneously? It happened.
>>43882169
>He looks at me wide eyes and in awe
>"Da Empurah must be da Flashiest git dere iz...." To which I respond
>"And the biggest, who else can control so many soldiers at one time? None of your bosses can say they can"
>"Wow... He must be 'HUGE!"
My sides.
>>43882188
Those primitives are the Emperor's people. By killing them you are denying them their right to die fighting for the safety of humanity.
>>43882199
>Ork attempted to read the the Codex
And there go my sides.
>>
File: 1376438028549.jpg (394 KB, 1920x1551) Image search: [Google]
1376438028549.jpg
394 KB, 1920x1551
>>43882199
Gretchnik is now the single largest Warboss in the Jericho Reach and the Kill team at the time are Patron Gods/saints under the Emperor Himself to the orks. We Even have rules for the orks and their subsequent "god" they worship.

They act all Imperial and fly to save imperial Settlements all while killing Xenos. When the Deathwatch finds out what I did I am so fucking fucked.
>>
>>43882234
By killing them you are ensuring they go to join the emperor faster.
>>
>>43882259
>They act all Imperial and fly to save imperial Settlements all while killing Xenos. When the Deathwatch finds out what I did I am so fucking fucked.
I'm sure the Deathwatch would keep you around. You control the Orks.
>>43882278
But nuking it is also wasting a planet.
>>
>>43882340
Presumably the planet had a little bit more than one village on it.
>>
File: I cast fist.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
I cast fist.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>43882259
I'm being told that WAAAGH Gretchnik is the ONLY WAAAGH in the Jerhco reach. So I brought Orks to the Reach

Now remember they are LOYALIST Orks. Imagine Orks razing a traitor city singing Black Templar Battle Hyms

Throne Damnit...
>>
File: 1448729078320.gif (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1448729078320.gif
3 MB, 480x360
>>43882259
>When the Deathwatch finds out what I did I am so fucking fucked.
>>
>>43882373
That's proper Imperial I guess.
>>43882385
>Now remember they are LOYALIST Orks. Imagine Orks razing a traitor city singing Black Templar Battle Hyms
My sides can't take more.
>>
>>43882390

What cartoon was that? I remember it was some weird Conan the Barbarian type thing.
>>
>>43882390
Deathwatch is catching on
Inquisitor came to try and ask me questions and the conversation whent like this
>The orks worship someone called "Thean" Isn't that your name?
>Inquisitor, am I in any way being detained in any authority?
>No
>Gets up and leaves to go on a mission to kill a Lictor. If it Bleeds we can kill it
>>
>Despite the virus-like actions and considerable threat the species represents to the Imperium the Enslavers cannot possess sanctioned psykers as easily due to the preparation their minds have undergone and can be overwhelmed if enough minds are present as it will have too many minds to try and assimilate at once. Unfortunately the protection sanctionites have is temporary and with enough pressure upon their mind, they will break and be obliterated by the Enslaver. Yet even so, the resistance would be adequate for the psyker and others around them to mount a physical attack.
I get these guys are bad shit, but it doesn't sound like they're instantly fucked if they're a kill-team and the psyker is sanctioned.

>>43882443
Might be edited Korgoth of Barbaria
>>
>>43882419
Gretchnik and their hyjinks are a thread in their own.

In Da Name uv da emprah en dah five
>>
>>43882470
Clearly they worship someone called Fean. Easy to mix them up.
>>
>>43882476
A space hulk full of them vs a kill team is bad odds.
>>
>>43882500
It should be made into a comic like Deff Skwadron from the sound of it.
>>
>>43882563
Drawfags? My artistic skill sucks
>>
>>43882580
Don't look at me. I suck at art too.
>>
OK so IF and this is a big IF We survive the fight against enslaver

How the fuck do I keep the Gretchnik thing under wrapps or fess up to it without being send on a penitence crusade?

I can't keep sweeping this under the rug, The orks only broadcast on IMperial channels, I'm worried weirdboys will start hijacking astropathic signals.
>>
>>43882007
if you know of 5 genestealers displaying features of genestealers, that means that they are on their 2nd generation, and that there are at least 200 genestealer infected. many of them dont know it and are as human as the rest of us, there may even be gen 4 genestealers among them, which means the infection will only explode from there.

nuking the village may not have been enough, as the carriers of the gene dont even know it, or are under the complete control of the patriarch.

the people in that town are not human anymore and must be removed, rather nuke a city, continent, or planet than for a planet to fall to genestealers and the hivefleet destroy the entire sector.

truthfully I think they under-reacted to the situation.
>>
>>43882661
>The orks only broadcast on IMperial channels, I'm worried weirdboys will start hijacking astropathic signals.
I think you should worry about if they start acting like astropaths. I'm curious how Gork and Mork are taking this.
>>
>>43882661
Just lie. He says your name wrong anyway.
>>
>>43882661
if anyone asks deny it, make no slip, if someone below you accuses you of consorting with xenos you kill them, if anyone above you accuses you of consorting with xenos deny it without hesitation, if they continue consider killing them.

If for some reason their papa inquisitor is Ordos Xenos and a quirky one he may not even care, but dont even chance it.
>>
>>43882690
But those genestealers could have just got on the planet. It's not like there's space PETA smuggling genestealers in Imperial space
>200 hundred infected means 5 genestealers are around
I feel like that's wrong. Is it?
>>
>>43882793
Look man, genestealers dont play and a single primitive village in exchange for even possibly wiping out a brood is a good trade.
>>
>>43882793
if you only KNOW of 5, that means there are hundreds you dont know about, they are like cockroaches, if you see one that means there are hundreds.

they are hyper intelligent infiltrators, they can infect you and brainfuck you into thinking it never happened, you go on to have kids, and they become super bug soldiers.

i wasnt saying there are only 5 genestealers, im saying you will never find them all by searching for them.
>>
>>43882852
>>43882870
Why not bring the genestealers to you?
>>
>>43882899
because they arnt idiots, they wont send all of their agents to do anything, they spread out.

They know all of the tricks, as each patriarch has the collective memories of all the other patriarchs that have succeeded.
>>
>>43882899
We jumped in, I got pushed out of a lander didn't die, but a genestealer ran up lobbed my arm off, and the rest of my team proceeded to get rekt. We bugged out.

He fought genestealers o often that to get our asses handed to us so quickly we went THESE MUST BE A NEW STRAIN OF GENESTEALERS!

NUKE THE SITE,NUKE IT AGAIN
Sir the damage to the planet
NUKE. IT. AGAIN
>>
>>43882899
Because they aren't idiots. They aren't animals man, the guy just said that a lot of them wont even know they are genestealers and when you know there is a nest of them in a shitty little village that no one will care about its time to hit the place from orbit.
>>
>>43882950
>>43882953
>>43882959
But when the Hive Mind is around they fall under its control. Use a psyker to act as a big bright bug zapper/Genestealer magnet that will make the genestealers curious.
>>
>>43882979
Thats retarded. I think nids can tell the difference between some shitty little psyker and the collective consciousness that they are all connected to that is strong enough to kill people who poke at it and cast shadows in the warp.
>>
>>43883009
Sorry. But why not get the pysker to search for the genestealers?
>>
>>43883037
Usually poking into the minds of tyranids does not leave a psyker in the state for much. Do you think genestealer cults would be such a threat if you could just root them out with psykers? Nuking them from orbit is not only the safest method, it is probably the method that results in the least casualties.
>>
>>43883085
I meant the pysker could sense the Genestealers. Find their psychic presence.
>>
>>43883114
Hows he do that without touching his mind off it? If they could do that why wouldn't they do that? What do you do about all the people who dont even know they give birth to bug monsters?
Even if it worked then what? You now know there are genestealers in the village that you already knew had genestealers in it. How do you get rid of them? Roll up with an army which will end up killing most of the civilians anyway in the crossfire as well as getting troops killed and giving genestealers a chance to get away?
>>
>>43881319
You know there's an official book that involves killing an Enslaver nest, right?
>>
>>43883212
Dang it, Anon. I'm just trying to think of ways to kill genestealers without killing innocent unaffected civilians.
>>
>>43883269
Nuking it from orbit is probably the method that ensures the least amount of innocent civilian casualties.
I mean shit man, dig pits and try to douse them in oil? They can run on walls and cut terminators to ribbons. Thats a terrible way to commit suicide.
>>
>>43883269
i know this is going to sound like grimdark edge

but there is truthfully no better way than to nuke it from orbit, the imperium is a very large place, there are so many dangers at every corner of the galaxy, every minute spent looking for a more "PR friendly" method are minutes wasted stopping them from destroying the entire sector. in 40k human lives are cheap, and planets are less so.

its not worth the trouble. and this is coming from a pacifist.
>>
>>43883328
I never said my ideas were the greatest. The only other way I could see killing them without killing civilians is to get the Genestealers to kill themselves but fat chance that would work.
>>
>>43883456
I know, Anon, but killing civilians is how one chapter ended up in a trap set by Tzeentch.
>>
>>43883461
You realize this is the same empire that kills its own soldiers because they saw a demon right? They would probably have you lashed for even wasting their time telling them about a single village of spear chuckers you wiped off the map.
>>
>>43883540
You're probably right.
>>
>>43883631
I know I'm right. The average admech probably turns a hundred times that many people into servitors in a week to clean the air ducts in his ship.
>>
>>43883667
But hey at least it's better than what happens if you work for Chaos or the Dark Eldar.
>Backus street
Captcha, why?
>>
>>43883631
if anything they might reprimand you for using three bombs when one was probably good enough. those bombs are extremely expensive.
>>
>>43883739
One is standard, but two is good. Two is always good enough.
>>
>>43883782
>>43883739
>Rocks are not "free", citizen
>>
>>43884010
Who has that picture? The tech priest gets paid a lot.
>>
What would Enslavers do to Nulls or Blanks? Like could they even do anything to things like the Sisters of Silence, Culexus Assassins, or Solitaires?
>>
>>43886204
Enslavers just need exposed flesh to fuck you up
>>
File: Into the Storm, 107-8.jpg (987 KB, 1628x1144) Image search: [Google]
Into the Storm, 107-8.jpg
987 KB, 1628x1144
>>43882661
As I see it, there's two ways to go about this, You could deny everything. Keep your mouth shut, betray Gretchnik, purge the Xenos. You'll need to move fast to cover your tracks and eliminate Gretchnik as soon as possible so that his Waagh does not get any bigger and the Orks under his command devolve into normal facional strife. If you don't purge him quickly, he'll only get louder and he will come into conflict with Imperial forces. This could lead to more problems, as there's a good chance he could lose his faith in the Emperor and be very, very pissed at you for leading him astray into Unorky behaviour.

There is another way though, riskier perhaps, but with rich rewards...

Sanction him. Make him a legal subject of the Emperor. You, as Sons of the Emperor and warriors of the Deathwatch, are at least as highly placed as a mere Rogue Trader, and even backwaters like the Expanse recognise the value of Sanctioning. Pyskers are mutant witches, and they are not only regularly sanctioned but are integral to the survival of the Imperium. What we have here is a Xeno who believes in the primacy of the Emperor, in the destruction of His enemies and the protection of His subjects. More importantly, we have a Xeno who has a a powerful, respected Kill Team willing to testify to its devotion. Let none doubt your purity, let none speak ill of your devotion.

Get in touch with Gretchnik, get him sanctioned, give him a sod-off huge weapon and point him away from Imperial space and at other Xenos you need thumping. If you could, when you petition to have him sanctioned you could ask to accompany him on his first Kroosade to make absolutely sure its going in the right direction and to continue to teach him to be a true servant of the Emperor.

Of course, you could end up disgracing all your parent chapters and exiled, but hey, thems the breaks.
>>
>>43889682
My Chracter is to Honorable to betray Gretchnick, and by proxy BILLIONS of orks who revere me as a Patron Saint. It would literally break my character.

Sanctioning sounds hella risky since I've been lying through my teeth about Gretchnik for about 4 years now.
>>
Wait what is an Enslaver and why ae people freaking out
>>
>>43889927
Well you're screwed either way, really. On the one hand, you introduced a new Xeno threat to a warzone that will almost certainly go rogue if their current leader (who you will inevitably have to betray in one form or another when your lies get found out) cops it. Some of them might lose their faith in the Emperor completely, which given that they've already broken faith with Gork n' Mork, might lead to a massive amount of Chaos orks. Well done you.

On the other, coming clean is going to piss of tonnes of puritans, and admitting you lied is going to piss off everyone who you betrayed in favour of protecting a Xeno. A penitent crusade and Exile is the least of your worries.

So you don't push the Sanctioning yourself. Step One: Find an Inquisitor with Xenos in their retinue. Lets call them Adrastia. Discuss their views, find out what they think. Offer them the chance to be powerful beyond their wildest dreams.
Step Two: Petition to investigate the claims of an ork Waagh invoking your name. You might even be requested to do so by a certain Inquisitor Adrastia. Make sure the Inquisitor comes with you
Step Three: Make contact. Get Gretchnick on side.
Step Four: Adrastia begins Sanctioning process. Claim that Gretchnick was on the world with you lot, saw you, and was touched by the Emperor's Light. Back up claim that you were on world X, and that you believe wholeheartedly in the Ork belief in the Emperor but that it requires further study and volunteer to accompany them for at least a time.
Step Five: Inquisitor Adrastia and her retinue "assess the purity" of the Gretchnick horde, and with your help, points them at xenos she wants very dead.
Step Five: Pray that Adrastia doesn't stab you in the back and that the Orks rampage into non-Imperial space.
>>
>>43881409
This. Time to die a heros death

>>43890062
Run you fool.
>>
>>43889927
Just keep lying and going on missions. Eventually some world ending threat will arrive on and make everyone forget about you.
>>
File: fly you fools.jpg (28 KB, 625x351) Image search: [Google]
fly you fools.jpg
28 KB, 625x351
>>43890062
>>
File: indrick FUREH.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
indrick FUREH.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>43890284
As of writing, its honestly something were toying with.
We spent an hour last night discussing what we could do with Req and and any tactics we could think of... this idea was played with more than once.
We do have three warp/Plasma drives to play with after all, not to mention any that chain via the Hulk so...
it might just work.
Only problem.
We're space marines.
WE have a duty; we're honour bound to complete it if we are able.
So, its looking like we're going aboard at least for a little bit in attempt to complete our mission objectives.

I'm honestly even trying to figure out what I'm going to play next.

I mean, something that's been pointed out but he god emperor earlier is this:
The GM has, to quote "only been trying to maim you", up until now.
He's even stated on a number of occasions that if he lets us have a full set of terminator armour, shit has gone SOUTH.
We have 90 Req per character, ten less than enough for a full suit per person. But, as a reward fro creative thinking, hes given us a full suit. No weapons mind you, but still.

His gloves have come off. Hes aiming to kill now.

I need to seriously start thinking about a back up...
>>
>>43891265
A Devastor Marine with the heart of an Or/k/
>>
If Enslavers are supposedly this bad, how are they not ruling the universe in 40K?
>>
>>43882199
You are so full of shit it's leaking out your ears
>>
Why dont we fly out, hail Gretchnik and have him send in boys to clear out the place?
>>
>>43892907
I guess it's less the frequency but the magnitude of their incursions.
Most Psykers meet Big Emps long before an enslaver finds them, and even less are unsanctioned as well as not supervised in some way and thus an easy gate.

But IF they get one lucky grab to go into Realspace, shit will begin to go south really really fast.

That's at least the way I understand it, as i've learned that they are a thing about an hour ago in this very thread and only conducted a short wiki-search.
>>
File: hahhahohwaw.jpg (93 KB, 560x432) Image search: [Google]
hahhahohwaw.jpg
93 KB, 560x432
>>43882018
mfw we now know why Ultramarines view the Codex Astarties as a sacred text.
>>
>>43895129
>Marneus Calgar Leading the charge on Macragg
>Entire first company using codecies as weapons
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.