[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Among the Stars Quest 15
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: opener.png (2 MB, 860x1200) Image search: [Google]
opener.png
2 MB, 860x1200
No longer bound to a single world you reach your grasp out to new stars. Your newly crafted general Predator Nekris commands the first of your FTL-powered ships, exploring a nearby star.

Think Tanks pulse with increased power and knowledge, the Cauldron-born soldiers moving with a grace and cohesion they had lacked before. The wrecks of the former Osjiic and Dagger fleets are converted with increasing speed and efficiency, the first group of Corvettes and Frigates lifting off the surface of the moon as their shields glimmer into being.

Your living enslaved work and toil on Horizon's Drop, former warriors reduced to farmers, ranchers, miners and hunters to fuel your conquest. Loyal subjects are already emerging among their ranks. Jor, the very first being you subjugated upon your release, was a valuable asset at keeping the populace motivated and in order. The nameless Voidsinger, who's heart of ultraviolet flames consumes him a little more each day, has come to see you as a worthy leader and commander after growing discontent with the Osjiic Empires rule.

Even among the the original colonists your power has impressed and awed a number of the population. Despite the drastic change in leadership their life has remained mostly unchanged if a little busier than before. The Osjiic and Dagger were being slightly more resistant to your charms, the metal spikes weighing heavy in their bodies with their loss still fresh.

It is time for you to make your claim on this universe.

You are Jadyk the Conquering Worm and the Galaxy will fear, may even worship you in time.
>>
Awww sheeeit niccuh.

Is it my favorite time of the week already?
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>43876846
Consult your top ethicists.
>>
We need to start making some gains in infrastructure. It's the only way to compete with the other empires. We're a speck right now compared to them.
>>
>>43876846
Welcome back folks, sorry for the delay

Pastebin with troop and item costs and important info: http://pastebin.com/65QxupPv
Pastebin with ship builder and weapon costs: http://pastebin.com/Na4Gfd8W
Make sure to follow my twitter where I announce the threads: https://twitter.com/CeroTheNull
Also archive of previous threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=death+among+the+stars
Ask.fm: http://ask.fm/DeathAmongTheStarsQuest

Stockpile:
>21195B (65 Catoblepas: 1950B daily, 10 Herds: 190B daily, Polar hunting outposts: 150B 10 Kelp Vats: 200B)
>14958M (65 Diggers: 1300M daily, Miners: 220M daily, Lunar Mine: 70M Daily, Scorched planet mining outpost)

Troop Totals:
>Voidknight Disciples: 2
>Talons: 206 (100 with Necroflensers, 106 w/ Sting Whips)
>Cyclops: 20 (All venomous)
>Stingers: 108 (Bone Rifles, Thumpers, Bone Repeaters)
>Gargoyles: 20 (10 Smoke, 10 Explosive)
>Trolls: 74 (all ranged, 10 Jumppack)
>35 Crit Crawls (35 Zapper)
>57 Think Tanks
>25 Cauldrons
>15 AA Towers
>5 Advanced AA Towers (3 moon, 2 planet)

Enslaved Minions:
>Jor (loyal)
>110 Osjiic Crew members
>225 Dagger Pirate members of various races (Mostly Netu>Human>Vorh>Kesh)
>30 Colonists (includes miners and ranchers)
>1 Osjiic Voidsinger (loyal)
>1 Stonestar
>1 Plainsrunner Osogo (Not truly enslaved, in mental contact)

Vehicles/Ships:
>12 Chariots
>27 Coffins
>165 Nails (85 Needle, 80 Sting)
>10 Corvette
>6 Frigates
>1 Light Cruiser

Completed Research
>Stonestar Dissection
>Beached Corpse Dissection
>Ship Fuel Harvesting/Refining Research

Current Research
>Void Drive: Slow
>Crystal Tech: Slow
>Monolith remains: Medium: Medium
>Void Weaponry: Slow
>Caustic Weapon: Medium

Researchable Items:
>Netu Clansword: Fast
>Dagger Powersuit: Medium

Converting Osjiic and Dagger ships: Medium
>1 Heavy Cruiser
>3 Light Cruisers
>6 Frigates
>6 Corvettes

Working Dagger ships:
>1 Clanship Battlecruiser
>>
>>43877130
Completed Research:
>Stonestar Dissection: The strange creatures you've dubbed the Stonestars, they have no true name for themselves, referring only to their clan names and titles, are strange creatures. Five-limbs arranged radially around a central body, the stonestars brains are partially distributed throughout the limbs with the main hub of the body devoted to its digestive system and other internal organs. Their bodies are mildy caustic naturally and they appear to use that to create armor and camouflage for themselves out of volcanic rocks. The corpses you studied show signs of vivisections and surgery scars, several of their limbs containing long obsidian carved blades, a trio of stingers much like your Sting Whip, and at least one of them had a large acid gland at the base of one limb.

>Beached corpse dissection: This strange marine creature is quite large, stretching nearly 30meters from tentacle to flat tail. It's hide is made up of dense hide and blubber, its body showing many scars both old and new. It's underbelly was a mass of undulating flippers it used to move in nearly any direction in the water while its tail was used for speed and travel. It's face contains a mass of tentacles and cilia covered tendrils surrounding a circular maw filled with grinding teeth. With no eyes to speak of it appeared to communicate and visualize its surroundings with electroreceptors and an organ that could produce and receive sonar signals. It's tendrils would snatch small fish or eels to eat or draw in large amounts of the fast-growing kelp.

>Ship Fuel Harvesting/Refining: By repairing and studying the two smaller refueling and processing stations on the gas giants moons your Think Tanks can now create refueling plants with their own harvesting drones to collect the gases from gas giants used to fuel FTL engines.
>>
time to start ethic's policy les go
>>
>>43877451
Gained:
>Cluster Sting Whip: Similar to your original Sting Whips, the cluster version has three smaller and weaker strength barbs. Instead of a grappling or disarming weapon the barbs of the cluster sting whip are hollow can deliver a toxic payload from the venom or acid gland at the root of the organ. Cost: The venom or acid glands cost

>Sonar: By adding a special organ to a units neck and chest cavity they can now emit and detect sonar signals that are out of the range of hearing of many races. Allows vision in aquatic areas but useless in a vacuum. Cost: 2B

Your new Stonestar captive complains of the dry and cold air compared to their humid planet but they follow you around your original Mining base carefully. It's large eyes examine the alien world, the first of its kind that it knew of to leave their world and travel to a new one.

Lorgul and Agona work tirelessly, organizing troops and inspecting the installations of weapon mounts thoroughly. They were eager to tend to your warmachine and even more eager to test out their might against a worthy foe.

Nekris sits in his chair of bone and muscle as his corvette drifts through the distant system once his ships rejoined. There were still two more world for him to explore in the light of a foreign star.

There was much to attend to.

What shall you do first?
>Create troops
>Create ships
>Create outposts
>Speak to prisoners
>Control Nekris exploring rest of system
>Explore other Systems
>Other
>>
>>43877451
>The corpses you studied show signs of vivisections and surgery scars, several of their limbs containing long obsidian carved blades, a trio of stingers much like your Sting Whip, and at least one of them had a large acid gland at the base of one limb.
Okay this is interesting. Somebody or something is turning these guys into an army to battle the followers of the serpents. I really want to find out who now.
>>
>>43877841
Reposting my write ins from last thread.
>Add crude camouflage to snipers
>Add thermal shielding to eyegore ships
Followed by-
>>Control Nekris exploring rest of system
>>
>>43877841
>>Create outposts
Fuel depots, A research base on the other planet to look at the tombs.
>>
>>43877841
>>Control Nekris exploring rest of system
We really need to make more troops and ships, but I can't be assed to do math right now.
>>
>>43877884

Also give everyone sonar, this is just common sense.
>>
>>43877934
Not everyone, just our sensory specialized units.

could we combine >>43877904
>>43877924
>>
>>43877841
Seconding
>>43877884
>>43877904
>>43877924
>>
Because of a sudden family emergency involving more blood than I'd like quest will have to resume another day.

I'm so sorry about this folks I was looking forward to this all week. If tomorrow doesn't work out I'll for sure run Monday
>>
>>43878509
Damn. Sorry to hear that Grave. Hope things work out alright.
>>
>>43878509
Shit man, I hope everything's okay.
>>
>>43878509

>the curse strikes again

Seriously though, /tg/ will be here when you get back. Hope everything's alright
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>43877466
>>
>>43878509
we can keep it bumped boss
>>
>>43878509
God dam it
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 500x218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 500x218
>>43878509
Looks like we have an early Bowy
>>
File: 1441702730410s.jpg (4 KB, 87x125) Image search: [Google]
1441702730410s.jpg
4 KB, 87x125
no memes to bump this quest with yet so have a HQQ one
>>
>>43882377
Hey know, just because we play as spess ants in that quest doesn't mean you can post pics for RL ones. Still need to finish this pic too.
>>
File: TheHeistoftheCentury.jpg (404 KB, 1029x1466) Image search: [Google]
TheHeistoftheCentury.jpg
404 KB, 1029x1466
>>43882547
I swear, I've got some kind of curse when trying to post any HQQ pics.
>>
>>43882571
Someone needs to edit the chick in the back to look like Elizabeth.
>>
>>43883281
then we just need matt damon and the other guy to be Heretic and lyle
>>
>>43882377
We do have memes

And it's Bowy
>>
>>43883413
This guy gets it.
>>
File: 1446000637549.png (817 KB, 1182x724) Image search: [Google]
1446000637549.png
817 KB, 1182x724
>>43883413
>>
File: Hiest of the century.jpg (395 KB, 1029x1466) Image search: [Google]
Hiest of the century.jpg
395 KB, 1029x1466
>>43883281
Done, with improvements.
>>
>>43884458
Holy shit my sides, I just thought of a new one.

Queen VS. Lich

The AVP poster with the heads replaced to the queen's and Jadyk's Bowy head
>>
Bumping for posterity's sake

Hey Jyoti, just got back to reading your new quest. Good job and I hope your emergency gets solved
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.