[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: lookshy says hi.jpg (92 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
lookshy says hi.jpg
92 KB, 640x360
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Online charsheet:
http://howsfamily.net/Exalted
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Artifacts and Thingamajings Edition. What awesome/interesting artifacts have you unearthed, created or stolen? What is their history?
>>
Hey, it's Demigod!
>>
>>43874177
Demiwhat now?
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n8BkGHMGC_CTKwoDVNVcesKgTTf6lTO4MXBY6HUpVIE/edit?usp=sharing

Reposting from last thread, still looking to hear thoughts and advice on my brawl charms. Thanks in advance.
>>
Soul-Sketching Focus
Cost: 5m, 1wp; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 1
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: None
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: <Charm>, Unscarred Grandeur Suggestion

The world is no dream-wisp muse waiting meekly for expression; it is an endless storm of motive and motion. But the Red Ink Illustrator's unclouded eye can capture even storms, releasing them across a page with perfect, patient brushstrokes. Soul-Sketching Focus supplements a Join Battle roll, adding the martial artist's Linguistics in bonus dice. Any opponent whose roll and Guile are both lower than his result is treated as the subject of an automatically successful read intentions action. In addition, the martial artist may exploit the Intimacies of any opponent he is aiming at to lower their Defense just as if it were their Resolve.

Acceptable? Unreasonable?
>>
>>43876312
I don't know why you bothered with 'whose [...] Guile [is] lower than his result' when of fucking course it's lower.

It would probably be a lot neater if it was 'adds Linguistics to join battle, treat Join Battle roll as a read intentions roll against anyone with lower initiative.' The other bit feels tacked on, it should probably be part of the form - that way you can make it an instant charm rather than scene-long.
>>
Holden and Morke are liars

never 4get
>>
>>43876708
proceeding to not forget
>>
I've been getting kind of interested in Exalted. Could someone sell the game just a bit more for me?

How much can you do as a starting character? Especially in comparison to more 'grounded' RPGs like DnD.
>>
>>43877193
Weeaboo fightan magic bullshit where you play as a magical nuke with administrative powers empowered by the gods or in the case of the mook splat the sub souls of a Titan.

Setting is JRPG kitchen sink shit mixed up with shallow mythological and cultural names and references. Concept in your head is better than execution.

Download the setting books and skim over them and run in system of choice.

Proprietary system is garbage for high power weeaboo fightan magic nonsense
>>
>>43877193
You can "summon" (more like predict) a natural disaster to destroy pretty much any place, once per year. Or steal people's weapons from their grip. Strangle someone with his own shadow. Read emotions from the taste of sweat. Summon a cloud of obsidian butterflies with wings as sharp as razors. Suplex a T-Rex and then throw it. Write a letter filled with burns so sick that its receiver dies. And many more. D&D wizards still can easily get things that are relatively big deal for Exalted, like true flying or Dominate Person but thta's D&D problem, not Exalted's flaw.
>>
>>43877511
Hi P-goon.
>>
>>43877193
Skip it. If you're not already in, 3e isn't meant for you.
>>
>>43875257
a moba that you had to buy like HoN before it died horribly on Microsoft online

focused more on the demigods killing eachother, with creeps mainly as shields against other demigods.

rook is best
>>
>>43877511
That guy focuses on the weeb take on Exalted which is valid, but not the only one. Also, he behaves kinda like a dick, so disregard him. Ex3 system isn't flawless or even very good, but it works good enough.
>>
>>43877193
>How much can you do as a starting character? Especially in comparison to more 'grounded' RPGs like DnD.
Thanks to supernal, a starting character can basically learn some powers usually reserved to a late-game character with hundreds of xp.

So if you have supernal melee and focus your character on that, you can basically solo armies, cut down mortal heroes in seconds and only the most powerful war-gods are stronger than you.
If you want to focus on stealth you can make people forget you even exist, hide in people's shadow or make people forget they're in combat at all for surprise attacks.
etc.
>>
>>43877193

i picked up exalted just last year

basically an Ess 1 Solar player is a big fucking deal of a hero who can do the impossible pertaining to their favored skill. They're world-changing crazy fucks who everyone ever is completely jealous of

so, compared to D&D? you should drop any notion of what D&D's like when you pick up exalted. You're comparing Western sphere influence to Eastern sphere influence.

Fights are brutally quick and vivid, rather than clanging armor for 30+ rounds until the HP stat hits 0. One nasty blow can leave a fighter crippled to a point where they get worse in their position with every round. Fighting is usually the last thing you want to do in this system. So it's pretty far the fuck away from D&D.
>>
>>43877656

That game was fucking terrible, I remember.
>>
>>43877653
That's complete nonsense, anon.
>>
>>43877662
It's a good system that basically has issues with Crafting and can turn off people with its loads of options for characters.
>>
>>43877662

It's always weeb as fuck as despite the attempts at covering up shit. And honestly the weeb stuff is the most genuine and coherent element in the game.

Shit was them channeling their weeabooness in Kindred of the East into a new property intended to help finish off D&D back when WoD was hot shit.

You got like a bunch of pre-2000's anime movies and Ovas as listed as inspirations. Of course cuz White Wolf is pretentious DBZ isn't listed.

Sidenote: The inspirations as a whole are retarded and at odds with each other due to incompatibility in feel, style, and power level.

Then you got the writers who have a boner for FF7 with their Buster Sword artifact weapons and the dozens of materia orbs you slot into them and other things. And one of the charms/powers is Omnislash.

Warstriders are totally not Guymelefs by way of Nagano's Mortarheadds

Also pretty sure one of the devs talking about one of the evocations as having the Bankai from Bleach as an influence as well.

Regardless of setting influences/inspirations.

I'd advise getting any editions save for perhaps the setting books. 3e is not very newb friendly as well as incomplete since you eyeball prev editions to get an idea for how to do the non-solar splats or wait in regards to the new types introduced in this edition.
>>
>>43878803
Or they could just play Solars...
>>
File: 1381968472916.jpg (309 KB, 1529x1175) Image search: [Google]
1381968472916.jpg
309 KB, 1529x1175
>>43878848
Or we can giggle at the fact that Eoris and its goofy fucking character sheet manages to put three player character options in its 213 page rulebook where as Exalted which is 3x bigger only manages to do 2 page teasers for everyone else because charms are space eating garbage.
>>
>>43879156
>three player character options
but anon, there's 11 character options in exalted, 5 castes, 5 experienced castes and mortals.
>>
>>43879156
I don't even know why you'd even bother comparing them, there's no equivalence at all. You may as well say that Fate is better for having 'infinity' character types.
>>
>>43879156
>pic
the fuck am I looking at, here? And are you really trying to tell me that that all makes sense with a 200 page book?
>>
>>43879156
if you don't like charms, maybe you shouldn't play exalted
>>
File: Exalted World Map 1 85dpi.jpg (590 KB, 1600x1035) Image search: [Google]
Exalted World Map 1 85dpi.jpg
590 KB, 1600x1035
>>43877193
Setting-wise, it's pretty top notch. It really avoids traditional Western fantasy cliches and puts a lot of thought into making a unique world that fits well together.

The PCs, even if the play 'ordinary' humans, are still on par with people like Beowulf or Achilles. Their likes and dislikes are mechanically significant attributes which, in their own way, matter just as much as how well they can swing a sword. You get bonuses to your rolls by adding cool descriptions to your actions.

In terms of starting characters? Keep in mind that, even as an ordinary human being, it's perfectly legit to play as the ruler of a city-state, or one of the most infamous swordsmen in a city, or a priest who has the ear of local gods.

Things really only scale up from there, with a starting Solar able to beat major deities silly with the right build, or write letters that damn the character of its recipients so thoroughly that they will simply die.
>>
>>43879282
>there's no equivalence at all
Are they not both fantasy RPGs?

>Fate is better for having 'infinity' character types.
Agreed
>>
>>43879289
Different anon.

>makes sense
No, the book and character sheet both read like an acid trip. It mostly works, though.
>>
>>43879289
>Eoris
>makes sense
No one said that for a reason
>>
>>43879322
>It really avoids traditional Western fantasy cliches
Such as?

>puts a lot of thought into making a unique world
Yes

>that fits well together.
Not really

>The PCs, even if the play 'ordinary' humans, are still on par with people like Beowulf or Achilles.
Nope
>>
>>43879375
Well, in that case I can write a 2 page book with 25 different character types and compare it to everything else, right?

>>43879402
>Nope
a heroic mortal can kill like a 100 guy battlegroup, on his own.
>>
File: perfectsoul.png (218 KB, 594x770) Image search: [Google]
perfectsoul.png
218 KB, 594x770
>>43879322
>>43877193

In terms of mechanics, 3E is pretty good. 2E Exalted especially had where fights were /way/ too lethal, unless the players planned for every contingency making it instead a boring slog to wear down their opponent's pool of magic first. 3E fixes this and a lot of other issues, but you probably don't want to play a dedicated Crafter in 3E and depending on how efficiently you build your character one player might end up with a head start compared to others (though that's still not nearly as bad as how it was in 1E and 2E, still)
>>
>>43879402
>Such as?

The closest things to "Elves" are cthuloid soul-eaters that adopt fair forms to eat said souls, the main setting is not a European pastiche, the setting itself is mainly centered around cycles of the weak throwing down the strong (and then thrown down in turn) as well as the nature and abuse of power.

The last part is important because the setting is shockingly amoral. There are no metaphysical rewards for being a 'good' person, and even the Abyssals, avatars of Death that they are, are at their fundamental base people who decided they'd rather live than die.

Not to mention, magical healing is rare to nonexistant, nobody can come back to life, all actions have irrevocable consequences, and I could go on and on if you like?

>that fits well together.

2E was worse about it, because their writers didn't really understand the scale of the setting they made. 3E, thus far, doesn't seem to have nearly as many problems in that.

>Nope

Yep. Even a starting mortal pc, if built towards combat, can take out a battlegroup of dozens of 'typical' soldiers, RAW.
>>
>>43877656
>>43877832
Needed more room IMO.
>>
>>43878803
Exalted owes a fair bit to anime, but honestly I think it owes even more to pulp fantasy like Conan or Fafrhd and the Gray Mouser.

Even if the authors don't actually put those in their big list of inspirations.
>>
>>43879856
Not to mention a whole lot of Elric
>>
>>43879245
>Castes
You mean class? Albeit they're more like approaches since despite being a talky, fighty, sneaky, or nerdy guy you're all punch wizards.

>>43879289
I said rule book. Fluff book is another entity and I guess they split the game into two because after going through the fluff's relentless explanation of its cosmology you might want to have your rules stuff on easier access than after such front loaded fluff.

But the gist is you got mortals, divine critters, and the statue angel zerg who want to help God an hero and who the PCs play as Cerebrates that can move.

Each type gets its own mechanical gimmick.

Divine critters get hax and unique powers
Mortals get personas/stands and plot importance
Zerg Angels get an alternate form and some magics based on caste.
>>
File: 640.jpg (38 KB, 495x279) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
38 KB, 495x279
>>43879614
>Shockingly amoral
>>
>>43880067
>You mean class? Albeit they're more like approaches since despite being a talky, fighty, sneaky, or nerdy guy you're all punch wizards.

It's a point buy system, but your starting caste still determines how easy or difficult it is to go in a specific direction.

You don't have to be a punch wizard, you don't have to be any good at punching or learn any sorcery!
>>
>>43880140
Well, I mean, if you get an offer to become an Infernal, you'd be foolish *not* to embrace it, whatever your moral inclinations otherwise.
>>
>>43880351
True but given they're people who are turned into magical nukes designed to murder the notTitans the punch wizard things is technically apt as they're physically and magically empowered to do that .

>>43880378
Think you mean edgy. And even then Abyssals fit better since the Infernals could get around their demon patron's bullshit far easier
>>
>Get reminded that our ST said Survival would be important
>Finally look at the survival tree
>it's a fucking combat tree.
I wasn't expecting that that at all.
>>
>>43880517
>since the Infernals could get around their demon patron's bullshit far easier

Which is why you should embrace it without a second thought.

Abyssals have to deal with Resonance and interact with masters who like to be *very* hands on, so it might suck being one unless you're somewhere between sociopath and deranged murderer.
>>
>>43880140
>le photograph of scruffy young man with lots of unfashionable hats
I want tumblr to leave.
>>
>>43880636
Well, it's not JUST a combat tree, but yeah that's where all the familiar buffing charms go too.
>>
>>43880636

17 combat charms, 7 non-combat charms. hey, at east no one can complain that familiars aren't worth anything anymore.
>>
>>43880641
/r/ing that copypasta of the heroic infernal doing a mustache twirling exposition monologue of his heroic plans while strapping a db to a convoluted death trap
>>
>>43880701
>>43880666
The survival part of it is very small compared to the combat part of it.

Speaking of which, how good is survival compared to the primary 4?
>>
>>43880944

Depends on the familiar. A house cat becomes a decent adversary, while a Tyrant Lizard becomes a Circle slaying beast. I hear, but can't confirm, that their main weakness is grapplers and alpha-strikers, and obviously anyone with enough common sense to kill the handler.

I've heard good things about Survival/Ride/Archery combos, but investing in three skills will obviously take a while to get off the ground.
>>
>>43881089
Can you combo it with Archery a lot of it seems to treat the familar as the weapon or at least Red-Toothed Execution Order does but I have no idea what that charm really does.
>>
A question to those Storytellers out there. Do you let your players decide what their past lives were like or do you determine it for them and let them discover one their own? Or do you do a little of both?
>>
>>43881139
>not firing your tyrant lizard from your bow.
>>
>>43881182
It depends. Usually I ask the players for their preference, and if they don't have any ideas or want some mystery, then I'd be willing to make it up for them.
>>
>>43881139

It can't be comboed with archery in the way that I imagine you think it can. You can learn two combat abilities, (eg. Melee and Archery) but can't use archery charms with a melee weapon and vice versa. Imagine survival being another combat ability and the familiar being the weapon. You can't use charms from other abilities on the familiar.

>>43881182

If they don't have the Past Lives merit, then it doesn't really matter. Most people with a Past Life just want be be Merela, anyway. Not her successor, the Crowned Queen of the Solars Returned.
>>
>>43881276
I figured that was the case. Though it seems like you should be able to but maybe I'm overthinking it.
>>
>>43879429
>you probably don't want to play a dedicated Crafter in 3E
I was hoping they'd fix Craft in 3rd ed but it sound like the dev team got lazy and reverted it back to first ed with an overly complex crafting system.
>>
So how many years do you think we'll have to wait til all the Exalted splat (at least the major ones) for 3E are playable? I hope it would be at least 2 every year. I wouldn't want to wait 4-5 years to play Abyssals and Infernals.
>>
>>43881708
>IMplying it won't be 5 years for Lunars and 10 for sidereals
Maybe in twenty.
>>
>>43881708
Why are you so impatient?

You know they're going to suck no matter what
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR9uxl90F0g

Ideas how to implement that?
>>
>>43881708
15-20
>>
So have you tried running Exalted in Valley of Eternity's framework?
>>
>>43881832
>>43881865
>>43881903
Why the pessimism?
>>
>>43881881
Infernals
Alternatively Exigent of some forbidden god
>>
>>43881950
Why the optimism?
>>
If I want to play a socially focused character but still not drag combat how many charms do I need for defense and offence? I was going with a persona build and wanted to throw all my offensive combat charms on to him. TO be honest, the plan is to just use at your service to actually use the charms. Personas don't actually seem viable except as a way to mix and match powers as needed.
>>
>>43882150
Excellent Strike, Dipping Swallow Defense, Ox-Body Technique (if you have Stamina 3 or higher).
>>
>>43882150
It looks to be fine if you don't go combat focus on any of your characters, and instead just dip for those charms. Personas just seem to me to be a way to shore up the weak bits of your party instead of improve the strong bits.
>>
>>43882232
I wanted to actually use my personas but it's impractical between the limited amount of dots you get between them and the amount of time necessary to switch. It's just unfortunate.
>>
>>43882194
I was going with dodge and thrown so I could divide them easier.
>>
>>43882128
>implying I was being optimistic
You're not answering the question.
>>
>>43882272
The switching thing isn't so bad if you have a goal you need to accomplish that can only be accomplished by that persona. It actually gets easier the higher level you are because of the way it scales with EXP.
>>
>>43882357
I'll have to try it out but without the ability to go without food or sleep it just seems like it'd be impossible to go day by day which is what our story has been like. I just wish I didn't need larceny 4/5 on everyone for FID. IT just hinders my dots.
>>
>>43882300
A single Thrown charm won't really help. I'd spend them all on Dodge and get Reed in the Wind and Shadow Over Water.
>>
>>43882478
No My persona is going all offensive my actual character is getting defense and when combat gets really tight I'm going to spend 10m 1wp to get that as well other skills that would be necessary. The only unfortunate part about this build is that it'll take about 50 more xp before I can get the charm because I didn't want to spend 15 charms to get it with the persona at zero Xp when they share 95% of the skills and abilities because ability distribution for persona is kind of fucked.
>>
The book says you can't combo MA and Non-MA charms to enhance the same action. Last I checked there was some disagreement about which interactions, precisely, were forbidden, but for the sake of simplicity let's assume we're talking about an attack with a weapon here. Can you combo MA and Evocations to enhance the same attack?
>>
>>43883976

I assumed that was one reason for evocations to exist, so yes.
>>
>>43882532
God damn you're picky as shit.

Why exactly are you so hot to use this Persona? To what degree could you solve your problem by just statting the character you actually want to play and taking some quick disguise Charms?
>>
>>43883976
Yes, definitely.

But god do we ever need exact clarifications on what can go with what.
>>
>>43884281
I'm just stating the situation. My character has already been made and I've played for a while. The character has personas I'm just trying to figure out what throwing charms I needed.
>>
>>43884470
Doesn't matter, just take one of the entry charms, you'll buy them all eventually anyway. Defense is a much bigger problem.
>>
>Q: is "the Black Fleet of the Bodhisattva Anointed by Dark Water," going to be a thing in 3e? (CrownedSun)'
>A: Fuck. No. (Holden)
>Q: What about "Island Five", as a thing that exists? (CrownedSun)'
>A: Motherfuck no. (Holden)

What does the Dev team have against The Fleet and Island 5?
>>
>>43876494
You're right, including Guile was redundant, and with that cut I can tighten the whole thing up. I still don't know how I feel about the Intimacy thing - it seems like a cool idea, but even with the "must be aiming" restriction that's a pretty heavy penalty. I'm gonna cut it altogether for now.
>>
>>43884671
Because they make the most interesting Deathlord plot a cover for his real plot: 'kill everything'. That's boring as fuck.
>>
>>43884671
Holden is pitiful

He's one step below doing it for hotpockets
>>
>>43884671
The fleet is a giant First Age magitech arsenal poised to sweep most of Creation, starting with the West, so that's got to go because not only is it itself a ton of magitech, any defense that can stand up to it is going to necessarily be the same kind of I-can't-believe-it's-not-Autochtonia thing.

Island 5 is presumably being cut for the same reason, it was a project to mass-produce magical materials for the creation of magitech. I don't know that the general idea of the Bodhisattva trolling everyone is going away, but it might, who knows.

The short answer is just "all magitech must go." I'm in the "okay, no problem" camp on that. The occasional warstrider is all that's needed; I am massively burnt out by how literally two out of every three Twilights I ever saw anywhere had plans or an explicit Motivation to return the First Age and start the Industrial Magitech Revolution.
>>
>>43884640
I see. how much defense should be necessary in dodge? man, I hate how I have to focus even harder than I did before. At least in the old game I could get my defense at entry and never have to worry about it again.
>>
>>43884764
>Industrial Magitech Revolution
Considering how craft works now. That's more possible now than ever.
>>
>>43874116
Did anyone else ever play Demigod? I felt like the only really interesting champion was Rook, and I've always been disappointed that none of the other MOBAs really made a character like him.
>>
>>43881199
Sidereals have the best Archery charm.
>>
>>43884890
I'm wondering how Sidereal Ride/Survival will be in terms of familiar combat. It'll either be better than Solar survival from a familiar perspective but worse charm wise or it'll be the worst.
>>
>>43884796
Not so much now that it's explicitly out-of-setting in a never-happened-never-will kind of way, and since the Twilight is so vital to anything ever getting done.

The problem in 2E had a lot to do with manses and craft-focused Artifacts and demons and training Charms as force multipliers. You can't do any of that stuff anymore. It's all on you. Yeah, you're a one-man factory, but that's ultimately manageable - you're still one man.
>>
>>43884774
Just take the penalty negator, that's two charms but the prerequisite effectively increases your Evasion by one so you want that anyway.

Parry is better than Dodge without serious investment, but if you want Dodge then that's the way to go. You can get Reflex Sidestep Technique and Flow Like Blood later.
>>
>>43884812
yeah rook was really the only one with any sort of character i felt. all the other champions were just a bunch of cliches.
>>
>>43884764

I still kinda like Island 5 as a secret base of horrible research, weapons production, and army making. It'd make the Silver Prince seem like the "good" deathlord, but when really he knee you in balls just as hard as any other. He just doesn't show his hand.
>>
>>43884970
Solar Survival is arguably the strongest combat build (at least out of the box) if you've got a tyrant lizard and still pretty amazing if you've got anything else.

It also caps at Essence 3, so if you want to go completely stupid, you can play an Occult-Supernal Twilight and have multiple greenmaw/teodozjia familiars, plus your special Ephemeral Induction Technique familiar (do whatever you want at E1, but upgrade to a raksha cataphract at E2, look at that fucking thing) that gains experience like you do.

I don't honestly see how Sidereals can improve on the beastmaster/summoner Solar because it's already really familiar-focused.
>>
>>43884970
I have trouble picturing Survival as a thing Siddies do, actually. I mean, it's one of the core things Lunars do. To the extent that Lunars do abilities at all, Survival is explicitly theirs. And the #1 cause of Siddie death in 3e? Lunars.

I would almost not be surprised to see 3e Siddie survival tree be HA HA NO, and then skip to the next ability. Almost.
>>
>>43885048
>>43885051
It wouldn't be survival it'd be ride which gives you a god familiar and at a moments notice a Elemental Dragon as an emergency. I mean I said survival but ride makes more sense. They clearly have access to stronger familiars at least godly ones with charms.

>you can play an Occult-Supernal Twilight and have multiple greenmaw/teodozjia familiars,
You need occult for that? I haven't read all the charms.
>>
>>43885016
>>43884812
There was also, Oak or something? That guy who summoned spirits. He was kind of cool.
>>
>>43885104
The greenmaws and teodozjia you collect via slapping people with your anima, which is unique to Twilights. Since you can't get Survival or Ride Supernal, you might as well get Occult Supernal for Ephemeral Induction Technique.

EIT lets you create ex nihilo a spirit or raksha at your Essence. It is automatically your familiar, loyal, and far and away most importantly it gains experience at the same rate you do. This becomes a bigger deal as you go up in Essence, but even at Essence 2, the ability to pull together a cataphract or lorelei is outstandingly powerful. Their stats are high enough that you might as well upgrade rather than keeping your original, which judging by the Field Guardian (the only E1 spirit we have) is going to be good but not amazing.
>>
File: Somethings-not-right.png (552 KB, 500x672) Image search: [Google]
Somethings-not-right.png
552 KB, 500x672
>>43874116
>Thread is about Exalted
>Image is about Demigod
>>
>>43881182
>Do you let your players decide what their past lives were like or do you determine it for them and let them discover one their own? Or do you do a little of both?

If they have an idea for their past lives I'll listen to it; if it's boring or just a dumb excuse to start off with implausible Merits I'll veto it until they make it interesting.

Otherwise I'll only bring it up when I don't have any other way to get a plot arc rolling - I find using a character's existing contacts/allies/friends way more useful, mostly, and I like leaving the First Age nebulous so the PCs can argue with each other and NPCs about whose fault it was that everything went to shit.

>>43884671
>What does the Dev team have against The Fleet and Island 5?

In addition to what everyone else has said, it was boring as fuck. We already have Lion and Mask with big armies to invade Creation; Prince's schtick was that he was the 'nice' Deathlord, the guy who seemed to be building a macabre yet orderly and not overtly awful kingdom of the living and the dead - and then that got shat all over, haha, fucksticks, of course he's murdering and torturing everyone and ZOMBIE HORDES FOREVER!

Further, because they made his fleet huge and invincible, there was literally no plotline once it came into play besides, "Unite everyone else against the Silver Prince". If any of your players read the book, then that was their first question - "How much do I know about what the Prince is doing and how can I start planning for it?"

It was really the best example of the 2e clusterfuck that developed from every book having a new Ultimate Doom in it.

>>43886134
Anon, do you really expect us to use any official Ex3 art for any reason? We still want people to play the game!
>>
>>43881950
>>43882315
Not any of them, but I assume it's because hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
>>
>>43885202
Remember that whatever you create doesn't have to be a god, ghost, raksha, elemental or whatever. It can be something else whatsoever. At least I would allow it if it would be interesting. Or you can create ghost that has never lived.
>>
>>43886455
>Anon, do you really expect us to use any official Ex3 art for any reason?

>implying that in Exalted threads is better not to use Exalted artwork
>>
File: 1732583-dw5a_caocao.jpg (237 KB, 690x1011) Image search: [Google]
1732583-dw5a_caocao.jpg
237 KB, 690x1011
How would you stat pic related?
>>
>>43878737
Except Holden already admitted as much when his answer to rules that aren't in 3e is "it's the same as 2e"
>>
>>43881950
15-20 is optimism, not pessimism.

Pessimism is knowing we'll never get them all.
>>
>>43886455
You say a lot.

But none of it makes sense when you actually read it.
>>
>>43887779
It all makes perfect sense, what's wrong with you?
>>
File: Warstriders.png (859 KB, 595x486) Image search: [Google]
Warstriders.png
859 KB, 595x486
>>43887609
>>43886455
And not all the art is so bad!
>>
>>43887784
Great counterargument. You must be some sort of master debater.
>>
>>43887857
And is >>43887779 supposed to be ANY kind of argument?
>>
File: Roseblack maybe.jpg (365 KB, 1637x829) Image search: [Google]
Roseblack maybe.jpg
365 KB, 1637x829
>>43887827
>>
>>43887857
It is all perfect English. I understand what they're saying fine.
>>
File: image-270840-full.jpg (178 KB, 560x725) Image search: [Google]
image-270840-full.jpg
178 KB, 560x725
>>43887873
>>
File: 1445727020145.png (829 KB, 1024x530) Image search: [Google]
1445727020145.png
829 KB, 1024x530
>>43887891
>>
>>43887779
Anon, if you want proper counterarguments you should make proper arguments. "None of that makes sense" is not worth much if you don't elaborate on why it doesn't make sense.
>>
File: 82dIDP3.jpg (603 KB, 2749x3242) Image search: [Google]
82dIDP3.jpg
603 KB, 2749x3242
How common are sorcerers in society? Mortal one's outside the Realm, and DB's inside.
>>
>>43888202

Not very, apparently. Being known as a Sorcerer gives you a point in influence because people know that you're powerful. Mortals and DBs are on the same tier for Sorcery, aren't they? That kind of makes them a big deal.
>>
File: 1447183998262.jpg (264 KB, 898x1300) Image search: [Google]
1447183998262.jpg
264 KB, 898x1300
>>43888228
I'm trying to determine how many sorcerers (if any) would be in a small city, a capital of a kingdom, an entire country, etc.
>>
>>43888248
How many other Influence 1 people are floating about the same city?
>>
So, what sorts of creatures have you made for the "Create a loyal minion with supernatural powers comparable to a Second Circle demon or notable god," option for Ambition 3 Celestial Workings?

I'm thinking of doing the Pillar Men, with the Jojo Vampires being 1st Circle Demon-equivalents they can create from slain mortals (or through Artifact 3 masks - Artifact 3, because Yasal Crystals are Artifact 2). Ghouls are basically Hungry Ghosts. They're all a form of spirit that are naturally material like elementals, and they can only be permanently slain by attacks imbued with Solar essence; before the return of the Solar Exalted, this was mostly limited to rare spirits in the service to the Unconquered Sun, and an order of Dragonblooded martial artists who practiced the Four Arms of the Unconquered Sun Style.

Most of the stuff they can do is already in the book, even; the regular Vampires are basically covered between the charms that Blood Apes and Neomah have, plus the Hungry Ghost's sunlight vulnerability.

The Pillar Men themselves would have a smattering of charms from the assorted Essence 5-6 spirits, plus a version of the Hungry Ghost's sunlight vulnerability that deals Bashing damage and turns them into a statue if Incapacitated; they'd have the "body flows like water" damage-avoidance from Fakharu, a bunch of charms from Octavian, maybe the insect plague charm from Alveua for the "lava-filled blood vein field" trick that AC/DC pulled, and definitely a few select charms from Ahlat like his healing charm and Blood Kisses Sand (though their version *can* kill their opponents).
>>
How is it possible to run a DB campaign for 2 years and have the players never know about other splats or at the very least other splats not being meant for player use? Doesn't that mean the players never read the core rulebook for a game they've been playing for 2 years?
>>
File: 1445822237180.jpg (1011 KB, 2560x1090) Image search: [Google]
1445822237180.jpg
1011 KB, 2560x1090
>>43888269
About 10-20. Any famous craftsman, moderately rich merchant, captain of the watch, lieutenant of the garrison, venerated elder, foreign dignitary and local artist has at least influence 1.
>>
>>43888248
I think it all depends. Small city probably wouldn't have any, just regular savants and priests. Big, notable city can have one, if only because there are people that can afford Sorcerer's services if he decides to offer them. Some odd places can have one, like small village with archetypical wizard tower nearby. Overall, they shoould be rare and exotic, not something every city has as a convenience.
>>
>>43884671
Is there even people more smug in all history of RPG crafting?

>Is that still a thing?
>Nope lol xd :) why? lel kek are you stupid son?
>>
>>43888297
The GM can present homemade materials that cut out the solar-y stuff from the core.
>>
>>43888307
The matter of Prince's Doomfleet was discussed on the game's forums and part of the widely know problem. He just confired that no, they are not going to make the same horrible mistake again.
>>
>>43884812
I liked Rook and the Fire and ice guy.
>>
File: 3Gs.jpg (46 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3Gs.jpg
46 KB, 500x375
>>43888307
Be nice smug is all Holden has.
If he was a c uck it would be icing on the pathetic cake.

>You will never be Anthony Birch
>>
>>43888248
"Sorcerers" are exceedingly rare, they unlock the full spectrum of magic and can do with it what they please. That makes them incredibly powerful and influential.

But 99% of mortals with sorcery aren't going to be all-encompassing sorcerers in the same sense an exalt is. They have a shaping ritual, a control spell and the ability to create workings, but unlike a Solar what tey can access with it is limited by the circumstances of their enlightenment. A woman who became a sorcerer after siring a water elementals child will have a water based control spell & ritual and merits maybe, but will never be able to conjure brilliant raptors or cirrus skiffs, and her workings will be limited to water, elementals and children/childbirth.
>>
File: 1448147638815.jpg (357 KB, 1219x1600) Image search: [Google]
1448147638815.jpg
357 KB, 1219x1600
>>43888486
>but will never be able to conjure brilliant raptors or cirrus skiffs, and her workings will be limited to water, elementals and children/childbirth.
But that's just flat out wrong. Any sorcerer can learn more spells, only problem being lack of access to teachers.

Similarly, Workings are only ever limited by the sorcerers imagination, skill and Means.
>>
>>43881199
Actually, one of my players made their Dawns past life into a "second best" Primordal War Vet who had an intimacy of "queen MRL, glory grabbing WHORE". The past life HATED her, for a number of reasons.
>>
File: rude.png (22 KB, 626x318) Image search: [Google]
rude.png
22 KB, 626x318
Reminder that Holden hates his fans.
>>
>>43888571
Lunar animas aren't in the book.

Neither are their sorcery chams,which seems like a dick move
>>
>>43888686
They were talking about 2e.

I'll have to check if Heart's Blood even works the same way in 3e.
>>
Is there any indication if Mahjong is part of the Exalted world? Do the guild hold high stakes Mahjong tournaments? Is it a popular form of gambling for some social classes?
>>
>>43889048
Mahjong has never been mentioned.

Creation does have their chess analogue in Gateway, though it's more similar to Star Treks 3d chess. Most nobles play it.
>>
>>43889048
It's mentioned in charm text a few times(under Larceny), iirc. So it definitely exists.

How big of a deal it is, though, is up to the ST.
>>
>>43888202
>How common are sorcerers in society? Mortal one's outside the Realm, and DB's inside.
Morke, or maybe Holden, said somewhere that one mortal in a million might have what it takes to become a sorcerer. This was a while back and might not be in line with the devs' current thoughts on the matter, though. As for DB sorcerers, no specific numbers or even vague estimates that I know of have been provided, but the way sorcery and sorcerers are described makes it seem like a small minority of Dragon-Blooded are sorcerers. So they're rare as fuck, but they probably aren't evenly spread across the Creation. Large, wealthy cities will probably draw sorcerers for the same reasons they draw ambitious people in general, while large backwater areas with nothing of interest probably won't have sorcerers sitting around.
>>
File: 1448373651679.jpg (784 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1448373651679.jpg
784 KB, 2560x1600
>>43888697
>>43888571
Ahahaha, the devs seriously need a dedicated and COMPETENT PR person.
I was reading through the Lunars section of the What We Know site, and holy shit they are bad at it. Holden often deliberately misses the point of posts, sometimes accidentally, he's passive aggressive, all the devs are too arrogant about their game and setting developing skills and overhype constantly, and they give semi-contradictory and unclear statements.
>>
>>43889063
Which edition did you see it mentioned in charms?
>>
>>43888571
>>43888686

Under the "Shapeshifting Trickster" Lunar writeup, the "Shapeshifting" power indicates that the Lunar can get new forms both through seduction and for doing a person a favor. That's pretty huge if they make those anima freebies instead of locking them behind Essence 3+.

In this very specific case I'm willing to attribute Holden derping and not recalling that this was not listed explicitly as an anima power instead of attributing to malice or just being wrong about his own system.
>>
File: Lightning-HandSleight.png (36 KB, 263x341) Image search: [Google]
Lightning-HandSleight.png
36 KB, 263x341
>>43889110
My bad, I thought this mentioned Mahjong tiles specifically.

Still, just because it isn't mentioned doesn't mean it can't exist. If that were the case, Gateway would be the only tabletop/board game in existence, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>43889096

Turns out that PR people, like accountants and management are actually really useful in a team.

Not just the 'I'm the creative genius here' people.
>>
>>43889237
Yes, but the question is, whether or not OPP can find PR people willing to work for next to nothing, like the devs.
>>
>>43889251
Presumably they could hire one for all their franchises together and offer a normal wage.
>>
>>43889251
Sadly, people who feel it their calling to make polite, reasonable, unoffensive posts in the Internet are in short supply.
>>
>>43889251

Yeah, just a little bitter that Management is the eternal butt of jokes about being pointless.

I spent a couple of years there before happily going back to coding and if Management is doing it's job, it can do wonders.
>>
>>43889275
So, basically just rpg.net moderators?
>>
>>43876304
Any thoughts, guys? Need critique on sword-breaking and Brawl AOEs.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n8BkGHMGC_CTKwoDVNVcesKgTTf6lTO4MXBY6HUpVIE/edit?usp=sharing
>>
Which examples would be heroic mortals?
>>
>>43890157
Literally everyone important.
If a person is individually important, they're heroic.
>>
>>43890195

Yes, but where is the line between Heroic and Exalted?
>>
>>43890525
an anima
>>
>>43890525
...Exaltation?

I mean, maybe?
>>
>>43890525
Having magic granted by a higher being.
>>
>>43890566
That's also true of many nonexalted sorcerers
>>
>>43890577
Nah, they get enlightenment/realize how things really work, they manipulate Essence, but have none of their own.
>>
>>43890083
Is there actually a way for the Solar to not fuck themselves up using Cataclysmic Rage Fist? Element-Resisting Prana only helps against 'elemental' sources of damage, and I'm not completely sure what that means.
>>
>>43890602

Enlightenment and sorcery are two different things.
>>
>>43890602
Shooting fire out of your eyes is power of your own
>>
>>43890647
No. Enlightenment as in giving a mortal a mote pool, no longer exists. Sorcerous initiations definitely qualify as lower "e" enlightenment.
>>43890659
That's more like a supernatural mutation or thaumathurgical ritual. When I say power I mean real power: Essence.
>>
>>43890685
>No. Enlightenment as in giving a mortal a mote pool, no longer exists.

With a gesture, the Solar uplifts a favored follower and
grants him true power. This Charm permanently empowers a character under the effect of Underling-Promoting
Touch, granting him a personal Essence pool of four motes
plus up to five more, provided by the Solar upon using this
Charm.
>>
>>43890647
Enlightenment isn't a distinct mechanical thing at all in 3E. 'Enlightenment' is a reasonably apt term for what a sorcerous initiation represents, though. The sorcerer has his eyes opened to the flow of Essence in the world and gains some understanding in how to manipulate this flow. He doesn't however, gain power held within - not an Essence pool or anything like that. The sorcerer manipulates the world outside himself rather than draw power from within.
>>
Have the Neverborn something like demons?
>>
>>43890922
They don't have autonomous souls but they do have minions of various stripes: all varieties of ghosts.
>>
>>43890922
No. They don't have any souls, as they're dead.
>>
>>43890922
Hekatoncheires.
>>
How would you convert Donkey Kongs Coconut Shooter into an Exalted thing? Is it a Green Jade barrel affixed to an Orichalcum stock that makes use of a Working to fire copies of whatever you jam into it that home in on your target?
>>
>>43890999
Where can I read about them?
>>
>>43891031
Why does everything have to be a Working? Just say it's an artifact.
>>
>>43891031
Artifact, as an attunement benefit it fires whatever is in the barrel. Everything else is evocations.
>>
>>43891115
>Why does everything have to be a Working?
We aren't allowed guns this edition, plus the Working is how I'd justify the barrage of homing coconuts.
>>
>>43891166
There are massive firedust cannons somewhere in the south that use the minimal explosive force that firedust creates to throw huge cannonballs from the walls.

Artifacts never require workings to function, that's dumb. Artifacts function because of their nature or because of evocations.
>>
>>43891214
>Artifacts never require workings to function
Except if they are FA artifice.
>>
>>43891097
I don't think any of the 2e books define what they are, but CoCD: Underworld gives a few examples such as the Infinite Prison.
>>
>>43890525
Being chosen or not.
>>
>>43891115
Because Crafting sucks donkey balls
>>
>>43891499
You can't make an artifact with a working though. You still need Craft.
>>
File: tw.png (13 KB, 964x197) Image search: [Google]
tw.png
13 KB, 964x197
Reminder that you need trigger warnings in your OPP forum posts.
>>
>>43891578
Malfeas Fire can't melt Autocthon Beams.
>>
>>43891632

So what would happen if Autocthon's soul steel made of ayy lmaos got broken and they reincarnated?
>>
>>43891632
Well, yeah, they are laser beams.
>>
>>43891701
Soulsteel can't "get broken". When you bake bread, you can't get back the eggs.
>>
>>43891734
Sounds like a challenge
>>
>>43891734
>When you bake bread, you can't get back the eggs.
DORA!
>>
File: l.jpg (96 KB, 600x876) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
96 KB, 600x876
What did people who bought custom charms pick?
>>
>>43891924
We don't know yet.
>>
>>43891950
Some of them posted here, it's more of an open question to them
>>
What do people think of a Capstone evocation that creates a wall in response to an attack? Basically the walls take the hit instead of the Solar but are destroyed by the attack. It can only be used at full anima banner but use of it resets it to dim.

I like the concept, but I'm wary because it's basically a perfect defense. What do people think?
>>
>>43892021
Make it so that if it's destroyed with enough excess force, the defender still gets hit for the excess damage.
>>
What are some broken set ups you can do with Melee or Brawl? What's the best and fastest way to drop someone in combat? For both essence 1 and essence 5 for maximum cheese at start and end of a game.
>>
File: K8e1Eo0.gif (904 KB, 340x257) Image search: [Google]
K8e1Eo0.gif
904 KB, 340x257
I'm making a warlord character in a upcoming game. What attributes and abilities should I take. I already maxed Charisma and Presence.

Also, I picked up one 4-point retainer and two 2-point retainers as my generals, what kind of stats do retainers usually have?
>>
>>43892092
That's an interesting idea. Like a Defend-other that fails if it's killed. Sounds tricky as hell to balance though.

So assuming it's decisive only, the defender activates it in response to an attack and forces the attacker to spend initiative to destroy it. Rather than reset normally after this attack they lose however many successes they got capped at the health of the wall. The attacker, if they killed the wall, continues their original attack as normal.

It seems like the difficult part here is deciding how many health levels the wall has. Any suggestions?
>>
Can you take mutations in ex3? I wanted to make a chosen beastman lizardman.
>>
>>43892289
Yeah, they're merits
>>
File: SupernalWar.jpg (98 KB, 716x1023) Image search: [Google]
SupernalWar.jpg
98 KB, 716x1023
>>43892239
You need War, and mental attributes are nice.
Retainers don't have "usual" stats. Figure out what kind of people/magic beings they are, then stat them.
For the love of Sol, take Command.
>>43892279
>Any suggestions?
Just make it Decisive soak. 3-6 seems about right for a capstone.
>>
>>43892317

Sweet. Now I can be a knock off dragon king AND lunar!
>>
>>43892220

Anyone? Not trying to be a shit just want to prepare for some of my players so I won't give them one sided stomps all game.
>>
>>43892395
>Just make it Decisive soak.
You know, until you said that I didn't realise that I was writing a more complicated version of Adamant Skin Technique.
>>
>>43892395
Maxed War and put dots in Command as well.

I'm thinking about making the 4-point retainer my "Sima Yi" and the 2 2-dot retainers would be my character's distant kin who would lead my elite troops.

I also had to take followers since I need ministers to do my job when I'm away adventuring.
>>
Is it plausible for there to be a circle of ronin Sidereals that basically act as journalists for a region in Creation?
>>
What caste and exalt type would be best for Hitler?
>>
>>43892884
Solar Zenith
>>
>>43892817

As a temporary state of affairs? Yeah, plausible.

But locking up 5% of the entire Sidereal host in... basically just jacking off, since it's not like journalism would have any net effect most of the time (ie outside of exposing meaningful scandals and secrets), would make them look really incompetent or selfish if it was a permanent state of affairs.
>>
>>43892908
arguably Eclipse
>>
>>43893119
Nah, Zenith.
>>
>>43888351
>The matter of Prince's Doomfleet was discussed on the game's forums and part of the widely know problem.

What are the ins and outs of the Prince's Doomfleet? Because the game's forum has an history of parroting, failing the most simple reality check, and advocating the most bizarre solutions for really easy problems. 3E craft has a huge cult following in the game's forum, by instance. I wouldn't call them 'sane' by any stretch.

>they are not going to make the same horrible mistake again.

By which scale is this horrible? Who decided it was horrible, aside a bunch of circle jerking 15-17 years old who mistakenly believe they are cleverer than others?

I'm genuinely curious. The game's forum shouldn't be taken as seriously as you seem to believe it is. And indeed if Holden's decision was based on it, it would be a very, very sad thing.
>>
Are Battle sorcerer possible?
>>
How do you Black Lagoon in Exalted?
>>
>>43893873
Well, from it's brief description in the 3E Core, Champoor sounds like a pretty good setting for a Black Lagoon inspired campaign. The crew'd probably be a bunch of pretty skilled heroic mortals doing courier and smuggling work around the Dreaming Sea.
>>
>>43893845
Yes.
>>
>>43893873
Play GURPS
>>
>>43893811
>What are the ins and outs of the Prince's Doomfleet?
It was discussed here earlier. >>43886455 as an example. Shortly, it was yet another Big Bad Army that threatened to roll around Creation and kill everyone. 2E was abundant in such impending calamities, creating an atmosphere that discouraged any local, personal conflicts.
>>
>>43894159
Turning an insidious long term threat into a crude short term threat should always be looked down on, even if there weren't already too many of the latter.
>>
>>43889347
>RPG.net mods
>Polite
>reasonable
Ahahaha.
>>
>>43893996

Seconded
>>
>>43893996
>Looking for suggestions on training my dog.
>Here's a goat.
Brilliant.
>>
>>43893972

How strong can they be?
>>
>>43881950
>Why the realism?
Because it's what the devs deserve based on their actions.
>>
>>43894343
Against battlegroups and at long range: amazing. With core spells, I mean. There's nothing stopping you from homebrewing new ones.
>>
>>43888307
I know, it's disgusting. He alone is the reason why I'll never buy an Onyx Path game. He doesn't deserve money.
>>
File: 1438729624680.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1438729624680.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
Is he a Dawn or a Zenith?
>>
>>43894538
HOLDEN DOES IT FOR

FREE
E
E
>>
>>43895122
Not again.
>>
>>43893119
Nah, Hitler is better known for his impassioned speeches and ability to unite Germany together
>>
>>43888307

The C-Tech developers
>>
I create a exalted in space setting. How do I add Wyld and Fair Folk?
>>
>>43896318
You read Shards of the Exalted Dream, which has two space settings
>>
>>43892817
>journalists for a region in Creation?

For journalists to exist, you need a population that is extremely literate (like 80%+), that has easy access to reliable printing technology (far beyond what Gutenberg had), and that has the cosmopolitan connections to care about what's going on beyond the next valley.

None of that shit exists in any part of Creation, except possibly the Imperial City and other outlying areas of the Blessed Isle. You can have pockets of education and literacy (I imagine Lookshy and Varang, among others), but they would not be able to sustain a newspaper.

The rich and powerful receive their news because some thousand of their citizens know that they'll get a bit of silver for a useful tip, that's all.
>>
>>43893811
>What are the ins and outs of the Prince's Doomfleet?

Without checking my book, 100 First Age warships crewed by undead. The stats for First Age warships made any one of them a boss battle for a Second Age fleet; one hundred of them is more than the rest of the West put together, and then you start factoring in troops with perfect morale, etc...
>>
>>43896367

>Wyld nebulae

I like it.
>>
>>43891924
Prayer Charms
>>
>>43897147

I need to then make a Crow totem Lunar whose goal is to teach people literacy and then spread 'reliable' new in her paper.
>>
>>43894408
That seems like a good role for a war sorcerer. Any closer, and one should have to fall back on actual combat skills, though possibly supported by bronze skin and wood dragon's claw.
>>
>>43898139
And then you have a justification for the Sidereal journalists, since someone needs to start up a competing paper to cut down the Anathema's lies.
>>
>>43897147
Journalism does not in any way require literacy. There are ways around that, and it has been done in the past.

The bigger obstruction to journalism is freedom of speech, because of course it is. King MyGodIsAnAwesomeNecromancerHeReigns doesn't appreciate some exalted punk coming into his city and talking about how he's the worst king in creation.

Since the exalted protect their free speech with martial arts and mass murder, I guess that's not a huge barrier.
>>
>>43899783
Added to which, freedom of speech isn't a concept in current-times Creation.

Hell, the very (very, very) few exalts who work towards abolishing slavery are seen as lunatics by the majority of the population, even the most, how to say, humanitarian.
>>
>>43899858

I remember the last game I was in.

3 circle members had "Abolish Slavery" as motivation.
>>
>>43895122
He's a boring piece of shit whose ability to fire swords out of what I'm told is an Ancient Astronauts Are Real spaceship at things is not only a prime example of how weebs will accept any level of retardation as long as you have squeaky-voiced ant-people sound excited about it,

it also completely defeats and defiles the point of having swords anyway. Archer also fires swords out of a bow or something, right? So there's a big circle jerk going on about people who throw their swords away from themselves? Holy shit, an entire anime about wizards from Sumeria too fucking invalid to understand guns. So worthy of Exalted! Please.

When I first heard of Sailor Moon, I said something about pirates, and the faggot telling me about it said no, there aren't any ships, they're just called sailors and they wear clothes that are vaguely inspired by sailor outfits, but dresses.

I thought that was as bad as anything could be. Fate/Stay Night doesn't even have a comprehensible TITLE.
>>
File: 1447602124605.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447602124605.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>43899935
Disgusting.
>>43899858
>humanitarian
I too approve of eating your fallen foes.
It is only right to eat them and add their former strength to yours.
>>
File: 1440192388474.jpg (363 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1440192388474.jpg
363 KB, 1920x1080
>>43899935
I'm playing in one of those games now. Why the fuck do people do this? There are so many more interesting things to focus on than mundane fucking civil rights but every other game is about slavery for some reason. Not even soulsteel-slavery or slavery in Hell, no, it's always "let's go around ambushing the fucking Guild and freeing small city-states and jacking ourselves off for being progressive or whatever" and it really grinds my gears because I don't know how that can be SATISFYING, it sure as hell is not for me.
>>
>>43900197
>Oy vey it's anuddah shoah with them damn exalts freeing all the slaves and assaulting our shekel supply
>>
>>43899935
Eugh. If you want to play a Lawful Good Paladin go play D&D or something, please?
>>
>>43900197

I mainly because its that people cannot separate IRL values to the in-game values.
>>
>>43900314
Which would be easier to do if it had any coherently written values.

But given this is White Wolf to expect anything of quality is to waste your time. At most you'll get something that looks functional
>>
>>43894408
Wood Dragon's Claw is good times for the three claw styles, and Invulnerable Skin of Bronze works with both Kenshin style and Steel Devil, on top of the medium armor you're already wearing, for really good soak and some fringe benefits.

Incomparable Body Arsenal goes okay with White Reaper. It's ironically not as good as as Invulnerable Skin of Bronze because of the duration and how you have to pay eight fucking motes to pop an artifact weapon, but since you have free armor that basically balances out, you get Evocations for everything, and the immunities and advantages are actually worth having.

So you can be that kind of battle sorcerer also, and it's super-compatible with Magma Kraken or Death of Obsidian Butterflies.

Plus summoning. And you can pay for it all with Solar XP. God. I can't actually imagine not taking sorcery in 3E, up to Celestial at least.
>>
>>43900244
I'd argue House Cynis are the real kikes of Exalted.
>>
File: p90_by_hbdesign-d4pcio8.jpg (295 KB, 501x825) Image search: [Google]
p90_by_hbdesign-d4pcio8.jpg
295 KB, 501x825
>>43900314
There's so many worse fucking things! Slavery isn't even like in your face or anything outside of Great Forks, holy shit.
>>
>>43900453
you mean like the bad crunch?
>>
>>43900493
What?
>>43900405
What were the Essence requirements for the Sorcery Circles?
>>
>>43900535
>What were the Essence requirements for the Sorcery Circles?

E1, E3, E5. Supernal doesn't apply.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.