[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Guy in modern world gets magic. >He instead uses it to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>Guy in modern world gets magic.
>He instead uses it to perform on stage.
Why?
>>
>>43873321
MONEY
>>
>>43873321
Why not?

You can thank individualism for the mentality.
>>
Because if your magic is real, you can pull all that shit other people need crews, mechanics, researchers and lots of training for out ouf your hat.
Your income will be so much higher than theirs on account of that.
>>
How else are you going to make money out of it ethically?
>>
>>43873321
Pretty much because it's the most socially acceptable way to practice it openly without getting half of the world hauling on his ass. Seriously, it's a perfect "hide in plain sights" plan. Stage magicians had existed since forever ago and it's literally the only place where you can practice it without really raising an eyebrow and getting all kinds of meddling organizations snooping around wanting to disect you to figure out what the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>43873321
Because he doesn't want to be cut up by the top secret government agency that exists in any modern world with magic
>>
Well let's see. With magic you wouldn't need to:
>Buy insurance (healing magic)
>Pay for special effects or assistants (illusions)
>have to find logical ways to do spectacular things (like that magic show scene from chronicle)
>Etc.
>>
>>43873379
Theft can be ethical. Or just use the magic to fucking literally make money out of thin air. It's magic, ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>43873321

It's certainly what I would do if I wound up with magic powers.
>>
>>43873455
>making money out of thin air is ethical
>what is inflation

Not to mention that typically, creating convincing forgeries of things like bills requires rather high level of skill even with magic even if it possible.
>>
>>43873455
Was going to make a joke about disrupting the economy but then I realized a few fake bills that are exact duplicates of real bills probably won't draw too much attention.
>>
Because he doesn't want to rule the world with magical might, he wants to perform on stage. It's called individuality.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.