[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just saw A Field in England, which has awesome magicians in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Field.jpg (104 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Field.jpg
104 KB, 600x900
I just saw A Field in England, which has awesome magicians in it.
Does your setting have magic or magicians?
>>
>>43862170
Thanks for pointing me to this beauty OP, 10/10.
>>
>>43864811
I kno right? spooky fuckin wizards

best divination 10/10
>>
>>43862170
I want to start a game with the players fighting in a huge battle against each other. Then have them go, "man, fuck this" and walk to the tavern down the road.
>>
File: 1414590209027.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1414590209027.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>43865337
I might incorporate something like that into my Apocalypse World campaign im starting. Talk about staring into the psychic maelstrom
>>
I like the movie and it does magic in a way I'd like to emulate but I'm scared that it's too abstract for a game.
>>
File: 1414498230780.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1414498230780.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>43865798
the psychedelic elements are difficult yes. I've taken to describing weird mental stuff from a "cinematic" perspective, drawing focus towards stuff like pupils dilating, sudden flushing of the face, walking forwards as in a trance etc. it's easy to narrate stuff too, like "your character feels the voice in their head, their monologue of sentience, suddenly change into my character's voice. it's telling your character to open their mouth."

as for the movie's attitude with magic- I just saw it a few hours ago so I haven't figured out how it does this- even tho the protagonist can use magic it never stops feeling uncanny to the viewer.

The obvious fear and distrust of magicians from all the non-magic characters lends to that, where even tho they know about magicians and have heard of things that they can do, they dont have a clear idea with regards to the specifics.

Another thing is that it never explains any of the arcane elements (like the runestones).

Kind of a Mage the Awakening feel to it as well, where it feels like half the magic is made up on the spot.
>>
>>43866654
yeah. I think it could be cool if done right.
>>
File: ScuseMe.jpg (101 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
ScuseMe.jpg
101 KB, 250x250
>>43862170

You know the fortune cookie game where you make a joke of it by adding " ... in bed!" to the text? Shilling is like that, except you add " ... in a game."

Wait, what were we talking about?
>>
Pretty boring for a movie about two civil war era mages fighting in a field in England. And why did the Pikeman keep coming back from the dead?
>>
>>43869687
>shilling

Anon, is it too much to ask to spend some time socializing with your relatives? You got two days off of high school; get off 4chan for a day and give your grandparents some attention.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.