[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LOTW General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 428x344) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 428x344
I'm thinking of running a solo campaign of LOTW for my sis to get her into TG. My idea so far is to have her play the daughter of the recently assassinated emperor and have her on a quest for Justice/Revenge al a Kill Bill.
The antagonists of the campaign are going to be the 12 people that planned the death of the emperor, and have a motif based on the Chinese zodiac.
So far I've made
The Rat- the first on the list, entrepreneur/gang leader who took a large bribe to sneak in some assassins on the night of the emperor's birthday celebrations
The Horse- the emperor's most trusted general, honorable man that truly believed that the emperor's death would be the best thing for Shen Zhou. Wields a Guan Dao, uses the horseback martial style probably going to be one of the last bosses
The Dragon- probably just the Fire God at this point.

Can y'all help me fill out the rest of the Zodiac and give me ideas for the campaign? Also LOTW General.
>>
I had a few others too
The Rabbit- one of the Emperor's many concubines and a a great beauty. She loved him dearly but saw Shen Zhou was dying under his rule, poisoned his drink at the party to weaken him, but did not participate in the melee that followed. Uses big-ass sleeves as her weapon, and she's a kind of a big deal in the resplendent Pheonix society
>>
>>43861401
Might help if you listed off the chinese zodiac so that others don't have to go hunting. I'll help:

Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Pig.
>>
>>43861401
If the god of fire wanted him or anyone dead, why would he need the help of mortals?
>>
>>43864866
In setting the fire God is a fire-bending hemaphrodite that wants to take over Shen Zhou and burn shit.
>>
>>43865465
As in its not an actual God, just someone that's good at Kung fu.
>>
>>43864866
You must be new here. Don't worry, though. The system is awesome, but it takes a little bit to get used to the names not exactly referring to what they literally say.
>>
>>43867220
Except for those sword dudes

Those fuckers are just way into swords
>>
>>43867253
can confirm
>>
I'm working on an Archetype currently, that of Engineering.

There is a couple of Artisan ones on the site but I'm very much not a fan of them and was looking at doing stuff a bit closer to the corebook Archtypes.

However, right now I'm pondering Extraordinary techniques that they could use as that's all I need before I'm done. I'd like one for each element and a couple of element-independent ones.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Fire Creations: Explosive Energy

The power of Fire is that of explosive force that cannot be denied, of raw power.

• The outfits designed by the artisans of the Resplendent Phoenix Society are filled with raw passion, allowing their wearers to call upon that passion in their speech and actions.
• The subtle Sabotage of an Engineer to an opponent’s Fire Lance causes it to kick uncontrollably, ruining each shot’s aim.

Earth: Focused Power

The power of earth is that of focused and controlled power, channeled in a single direction.

• The Liquid Metal Delegates have craftsman that have perfected the crossbow, creating weapons of almost unnatural accuracy when aimed at those the world would be better without.
• Those foolish enough to trust the Resplendent Phoenix Society after offending them will find themselves the singular target of mockery as their fashion focus all unpleasant attention in one direction.

Metal: Endurance of Force

The power of Metal is that of Endurance, the ability to resist attempts to change or to harm.

• The plates of armour created by the legendary artisans are famous for their invincibility, deflecting fire and blade as if they were mere drops of rain.
• A badly twisted joint can cause armour to fight its master, resisting all but the strongest attempts to move it.
>>
>>43867634

Water: Redirection of Energy

The power of Water is Redirection, channeling force along new lines and paths.

• A carefully constructed outfit can make even a bad reputation useful as it channels what could be seen as uncouth into that of a dashing rogue.
• A subtle application of oil can make proper movement near impossible as your movement is redirected in ways you never wished to travel.

Wood: Generation of Power

Wood is the power of growth and new life, power come from nothing.

• The warhammer of a master artisan is light in the hand, moving almost before its wielders arm.
• A sabotaged ship sways and rolls with a life of its own, making staying afloat in heavy seas difficult at best.

These are the elemental associations I decided to go with. So people can't just make anything with any element.
>>
Posted this in a different thread, might as well give it another shot.

Does anyone have any links to a good example of combat? The basic mechanics are pretty clear, but when adding in the use of chi and all that stuff I get kinda bogged down with the poor editing. Jumping around the book to piece together the different aspects of combat is kinda hard when you're learning the system.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.