[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dinotopia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Dinotopia thread
Go
>>
File: Ogthar.jpg (28 KB, 168x340) Image search: [Google]
Ogthar.jpg
28 KB, 168x340
>>
Has anyone played a game in this setting? How did it go?
>>
(Bump)
>>
>>43857568
As a mostly nonviolent exploration and social setting, it works fine for books. An RPG is going to be odd and niche.
>>
>Modern-ish part swims ashore on an uncharted island after a shipwreck
>finds ruins of Dinotopia after a terrible schism that drove the dinosaurs against the humans
>all the people are dead mostly
>the dinosaurs are still around
>they're still intelligent

Basically Jurassic Park with stone ruins
>>
>>43862333
And ancient crystal-powered dinomechs, don't forget tho- wait a second, that sounds kinda like the Power Rangers.
>>
>>43862333
>>43861744
What about a game delving into predator strewn ruins, or recovering necessary macguffins from newly landed survivors seeking to either escape or bend the populace to their rule with threat of chaos otherwise? Or plague from one group causing schisms that the party must stop before Dinotopia ends up a series of warring city states trying to prevent their own descent into destruction as contact is too risky and resources that are useable run low?
>>
>>43862545

If you throw canon out the window (and why wouldn't you, despite the setting being cool the plot is generally awful) you can turn Dinotopia into a pretty interesting political setting.
>>
You just reminded me to pick up these books again...
>>
>>43861744
Some people *like* a break from violent games everyone in a couple while.
>>
>>43864895
Adventure games are a thing, I'd assume the Dinotopia setting would be a great place for adventures through the jungles and politicking.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.