[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there something like a list of /tg/-approved board games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1396688130150.jpg (133 KB, 811x754) Image search: [Google]
1396688130150.jpg
133 KB, 811x754
Is there something like a list of /tg/-approved board games? I'm looking for something children-friendly but not too simple, that's pretty much my only criteria.
>>
How old are the children?
>>
>>43852799
8 and 11.
>>
Board games? What about card games?

I tend to find that card games usually end up being simpler and easier for children, like Sushi-go and Love Letter. They also tend to be a lot cheaper.
>>
>>43852827
the thing is, I'm not in an English-speaking country (guess I should have mentioned that in OP) so I'll have to look for translations and from my experience, board games are more accessible in Russia than most card games.
>>
>>43852848
Love Letter is very easy to port into a different language. Technically you don't even need to buy it, just search the rules and print out your own playing cards.
>>
>>43852848
Wait, are you looking for board games available in Russian, or board games available in English in Russia?
>>
>>43852985
Available in Russian. I gathered that our guys bothered to localize at least something popular or/and good.
>>
>>43853078
See, this is the kind of stuff you need to mention in the OP.
>>
>>43852848
Sushi Go (recommended above) has no words on the cards. You can go to boardgamegeek.com and search for a game to see whether a certain game is language-dependant, or scroll down to the Files section and see if someone provided translated rules.

It might help if you told us where you plan to buy from. There's a list of recommended OLGS's by country in /bgg/ but it just died so someone else (not on a phone) will have to help you find it
>>
>>43853292
Oh yeah, right. I forgot all about archives, I'm gonna check it out right now, thanks.
>>
>>43852770
Ticket to Ride is one of my favourites and is a great introductory game. It got a Russian printing according to wikipedia.
>>
>>43852770
king of tokyo is great for children
probably available in russian
>>
Here are a few with no in game text; just find the rules and translate them.

Mr jack, 2 players.
Forbidden island Is a good coop.
Maybe small world, for something a bit more cerebral.
Hey that's my fish.
also catan and carcassonne
>>
>>43852770
King of Tokyo is definitely a great but simplistic game.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.