[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its time to d-d-d-duel bayblade general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
File: Beyblade_Logo.png (396 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Beyblade_Logo.png
396 KB, 800x600
Its time to d-d-d-duel

bayblade general
>>
>>43852059
bumping because while i dont play beyblade, its cool as fuck to see something other than D&D, PF, GURPS, Warhammer, or magic talked about on here. god speed to your thread OP
>>
>>43852059
Alright, to keep your thread bumped, give me a basic rundown of how your hobby works.
>>
bump
bayblades rule
>>
I need to see this thread survive
>>
>>43852059
My brother and I used to love these before I started talking like the kids from the anime whenever I was winning.
>LET IT RIIIIIIIIP
>MANTA DIVER USE YOUR TSUNAMI SMASH ATTACK
>C'MON, WHERE'S YOUR BLADER SPIRIT
>>
>>43852236
While I too would like to see something new and different, this is going to be boring as fuck unless a talkative expert on fighting tops shows up
>>
File: ebay.jpg (44 KB, 450x213) Image search: [Google]
ebay.jpg
44 KB, 450x213
>>
This seems simple and cool as fuck, are there rules outside of spin your top at the other top?
>>
>>43852365
Okay, so you have this stadium, right?

And inside the stadium, you have these two ripcord-fired spinning tops battle each other. And when one stops spinning, it loses.
>>
Gee it sure is nice that we can talk about the various strategies and ideas of tops spinning OH WAIT WE CAN'T
>>
So, do you build the tops or what?
>>
>>43853470
I wonder if a thin strip of semi-adhesive material on the outside of a battle top would make it more prone to winning or losing?

Ideally it would grab the other top, spin and then throw it against the side of the arena knocking it off its spin point, or whatever you call it.

Heavier Tops would probably be better too.
>>
>>43853498
Yeah, but I was under the impression that you got parts and assembled your top. It's that not how this game works?
>>
>>43853539
Fuck if I know.

But I think it would be cool to have a game where you build your own battle top and see how well it does.
>>
>>43853553
Well you're in luck because that's beyblade. I don't know if you can buy tops other than on EBay anymore, but I think there was like 5 points of customization.
>>
>>43853597
So no ground up customization?

Another thought I had was a spike spinning point or something to make it more resistant to being knocked about. Or a threaded outside to force the other top into wobbling prematurely.
>>
>>43853412
Not really, first one knocked out/that stops spinning loses. Its elegant, simple, and fast, and a fantastic party game while drunk.

When I was a kid we'd put random shit into the arenas to spice things up.
>>
>>43853981
you forgot about releasing the bit beast
>>
>>43854017
>he thinks Bit Beasts are real
>>
>>43853470
Yeah, they come in a few parts, easy enough for little kids to do but still slowing a modicum of customization.

You've got the bottom piece which is obviousy the part that does the actual spinning. Different bottoms have different properties; some have extra wieghts/metal tips, some have spring loaded type setups, some have a second attack ring built in, though must are pretty simple. There are generally three main types though, the super low, super flat ones (Can't remember the nbame, the blue whale one had this), the average ones (like on Dragoon, I think?), and then some were really tall. Tall ones are gnerally bad because it gives you lots of empty space for little weight, and leaves you open to getting chipped out of the ring by lower opponents.

You've got the core piece that fits into the bottom, held in by the pegs. Most cores are the same, though there are a few variations. The most sought after variation is the reverse spin core, which through some weird magic science that I've never looked into, makes your Beyblade spin the other way. I was always too poor to get the really fancy shit but I think there were a few other types. Basically, the main purpose of the core is that the weight disk and attack ring screwd onto it.

Contd.
>>
Beyblades are a topic for /toy/, not /tg/. There is always a thread up over there. Go checkem out.
>>
>>43854099
bayblades aint toys senpai
>>
>>43854067
>he doesnt

>>43854087

The weight disk is arguably the most important part of the Beyblade when it comes to battling. It's a metal ring of sorts that sits on top of the base directly, held in place by the core. It is universally agreed that the heavier and solider the weight disk, the better, though it isn't a complete trump card to have the heaviest weight disk. There are three main types: the hollow, shitty octogonal shaped one where its a thin ring of metal attached to the core by little spokes, creating tonnes of empty space for no weight gain. There's the solid hexagon which is what most people use, as its common enough for everyone to have at least a few, but still solid enough that games last more than a few seconds, and light enough that theres still lots of movement and the possibility of getting knocked out. Then there's the heavy, circular weight disks. These were less common in my day, but they came ith the first runs of the Blue Whale (still can't remember his name). They're better than the other ones for actually winning, but games can drag as the two beyblades will often just slowly rub against eachother until one runs out of gas.

Some cores, though rare, allowed for the placement of two weight disks. The most ocmmon setup in my area at least was using the lightweight octagon with the heavy hexagon, as it gave you a good bit of weight, with what was essentially a secondary metal attack ring. Only huge faggots and mommas boy crybabies used the round weight disks with this kind of core. Also of note was the surprisingly robust market for off-brand weight rings that would far outweigh anything that was actual merch. OF course these were only fun if everyone had them, as they would easily destroy anything in a lowoer weight class.
>>
>>43854099
Its a strategy game played on a tabletop, next you'll be telling me that Board Games belong in /toy/ famiglia

>>43854175
The top piece is known as the attack ring (I think? that's what we called it). It's what you see when the actual dueling is going on, and is the aesthetic face of your beyblade. For people who used the heavy round weight disk, choice was purely visual as the disk would extend farther than the attack ring, rendering its physical ddesign moot. For non-faggots, the design and shape of the attack ring had a strong effect on how your beyblade performed in hitting other beybalades out of the ring. There are waaaay too many styles to be summed up here. The attack ring is also important because it keeps the beyblade together, screweing into the core to make sure the whole program doesn't just fly apart.

The last, and to some, the most important part of the beyblade is the Bit Beast. It's a small little chip thing that clicks into the centre of the attack ring. On each of these plastic chips was a Bit Beast; an animal, warrior, or other type of monster that symbolized the soul of your Beyblade. Dragons, whales, sharks, tigers, you name it. If someone tells you that these aren't important, tell them they're a power gaming homo. Playing weithout a Bit Beast is like playing without painting your armies.

When it was actually time to duel, there were two important pieces of equipment that were seperate from your Beyblade: the ripcord and launcher.

The launcher, at its most basic, was a small little plastic block, with a wheel set with two wide, long teeth. The teeth fit into the gaps in the attack ring/weight disk and loosely grip the core. When spun fast enough, the beyblade would come off the teeth, spinning like a maniac. The most popular accessory for launchers was a grip handle. The base launchers were actually pretty small, and having a shitty grip could mean you fumble your rip at the last second, resulting in sub-par performance.
>>
>>43854175
When was the last time you created a tornado by believing hard enough in your spinning top dragon?
>>
>>43854206
In addition to basic grip handles, there were larger launchers that had a handle built in, as well as storage for Bit Beasts, and other assported bells and whistles. One of the most highly prized types of launchers were the reverse spin launchers, which simply spun the teeth the opposite way.

What made the launcher actually launch was the rip cord, a toothed strip of plastic that would be fed into the launcher before attaching the beyblade. Basically, you'd pull really hard (but not too hard, as excessive force could strip the teeth, jostle the beyblade off early, etc), causing the launcher to spin and the beyblade to go flying off into play. Most official rip cords were pretty short, little more than 6 or 7 inches long. there were a few official ones that got upt to a foot or more, but not many people actually had these because the sets they came in were too expensive. Ususally if you saw a kid with a long rip cord, it was a knock off.

something interesting about the casual Beyblade community, compared to the TCG, TTW communities, is that knock offs and fakes were still widely accepted, the only major exceptions beeing over the top big weight disks, and anything else that would make you win more than you deserved. Fake rip cord? Fake launcher? go for it. Many people completely avoided fakes because 99% of the time, they were far shittier than the real thing: a basic launcher and rip cord from the source were far better than a super developed grip launcher and two foot rip cord from Chinatown, as the delicate teeth inside the launcher and on the cord from Chinatown would be stripped inot obvivion after a few games, and be reender completely unsuable.
>>
>>43854239
Man, obviously not, because its a TV show. But like most games with a sigificsnt elemwnt of chance, putting your faith in spirits, souls, and powers beyond your control is never a bad thing.
>>
I was pissed of at my brother and the other kid we played with and we all three battled at once and I launched mine with the force of a rocket, and not one but both of their bey blades sprang from the arena and struck them in the groin. At that moment I became a man
>>
>>43854428
I'll take things that never happened for 1000 Alex
>>
Looks like shit unless there is crafting community with custom stuff.
>>
>>43854280
Wow, this sounds like a really cool community. My local magic, heroclix, watchmaker fantasy and D&D scenes are all pretty toxic.
Cheating to make players as bad as me lose is pretty inexcusable.
>>
This makes me want to run a parody campaign of Beyblade. I mean for god's sake some Bey's in the anime can fuck up concrete with mini hurricane/tornado yet they still give them to children.
Don't even get me started on that one guy that got possessed by a demonic beyblade that summoned a literal hurricane, and that fortress which was literally just a flying giant beyblade.
>>
>>43857959
>fortress that was a literal flying beyblade
Nigga what? How did they not get tossed into the walls from cintrifucal force
>>
>>43858335
No idea, but it never spun from what I remember. Never watched the show anyway.
>>
>>43858353
This makes me wish I still ran games
>>
>>43858400
Then start running them again.
>>
>>43858604
That... Probably wont happen. Like ever again.
>>
>>43858736
You sound like a give uppy bitch.
Get on roll20, start a game, create it, then post on the game finder thread until you find people you enjoy.
>>
>>43858978
Its not that I can't find people I enjoy, I have run games for 30 years. The same exact plots over and over, often for the same people, and they never figure it out or solve anything. Its painful to watch.
>>
I still remember vividly how me and my brother used to duel with these. Dodging the loser that came flying at mach 6 breaking everything it touched. Surprisingly we never broke a window, only a single tupperware bowl. And of course on occasion when we "trained" by launching them flying into stacks of paper, piercing several and destroying the wall behind them.
>>
>>43859667
Then find a different bloody group. Think of more plots as well.
>>
>>43859791
Are you seriously implying that in 30 years I have only played with the same handful of people? No. I've seen more than 50 people cycle in and out of this group and I've played with plenty of people on roll20, and Skype. I run the Same scenario 3 times in a row for any group, changing only the names and the places, the events and motivations all remain totally unchanged, and the really irritating part is that not once have I had a player notice its the same story. I really don't want to run games for people who can't put two and two together at all. In 30, years I can't find a single person who can. I'm never opposed to playing in groups though. Hell, if I'm in a group ill usually poach players from that group to come play in a game I run like once a year.
>>
K op here didnt think there would be this much love for a true table top game
let me give you a run down on what you will need to make it in the world of bayblades
never leave the house with out
never know when you're gona have to let it rip
bring out 2 or 3
cus here we play for keeps
price gives you no edge
unlike card games were paying2k for a deck
gives you an edge its raw skill here
play on da streets
Head down to your local park should be a group of kids and 2 guys in there late 20's
note underground tournaments are dangerous
my friend was killed that way
last but not least heart
the more heart you put in to your bayblade the better it will be
I would trust these im winner of the bbwc(bayblade world championships)2008 and 2010
>>
>>43863507
obvious trolling but your post was wonderful none the less and I am happier having read it
>>
>>43860204
That sounds like you might be making overly complicated plots or, more likely, having some trouble properly explaining what´s going on.

It´s hard to believe you found so many dumb people.
>>
Now where's that cap from the last thread about beyblades, with the beypocalypse by michael bay?
>>
>>43854428
>>43854446
I don't care if it's fake, it made me giggle like a girl
>>
>>43867044
Who needs Michael Bay, the Beyblade anime is already completely ridiculous. In Metal Fight alone, you get:

>a flying city with a city-nuke laser beam as well as a bunch of advanced facilities, all powered by a single Beyblade designed to spin eternally
>a world tournament featuring maglev Beyblades, a Beyblade that increases gravity, and the US team are all Beyblading cyborgs working for the BBG
>a Beyblade that by spinning counterclockwise is able to steal people's souls
>a god of destruction sealed inside a single Beyblade
>>
>>43867146
how stupid do you have to make a plot until it becomes awesome
>>
>>43867162
Once you reach the point where the main character's Beyblade is made out of a meteorite and his secondary rival manages to become as good as the Chosen Ones through sheer refusal to give up, I guess.
>>
>>43867177
anime at its finest
i love shit like that
>>
>>43857795
I think the main actual community around is World Bey Blade Organization. They plan a surpising number of local get togethers, tournaments, and groups. And there's a lot of buying and selling parts/tops. Though don't bother if you can't deal with kids. There's a fuck ton of kids.

Used to be part of a Georgia team.
>>
>>43853539
>>43853553
Yes and no. You can only buy full complete tops of five parts (face bolt, attack ring, weight disk, spin track, and performance tip) , but they're easily disassembled and often come in two packs anyway so you can go straight to making a custom top out of the parts of those toy.

The packaging for each top or pack includes stats of attack, defense, and stamina for part. So you can get an idea of what parts are good for what kind of top/just good in general.

This also ads a rock paper scissors element to the game in the defense types can take a beating from attacks types, attack types can easily knock out stamina types, and stamina types outlast defense types. But of course, it doesn't work out all that neatly.
>>
File: Mother-Fuckin.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Mother-Fuckin.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
>>43852059
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mother_Fuckin_Beyblades

/tg/ actually tried to make a system of it.
>>
let it bump!
>>
>>43857959
I'd play it. Playing energetic obnoxious kids is fun, especially when there's wacky shit going on.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.