[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alignments on both?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5
File: tAG_19610.jpg (125 KB, 790x593) Image search: [Google]
tAG_19610.jpg
125 KB, 790x593
Alignments on both?
>>
>>43851324
no.
>>
>>43851324
Chaotic Evil and Lawful Evil [a case could be made for Neutral]
>>
>>43851324
Both are Lawful Evil.

Haha just kidding Anderson is lawful good everyone knows protestants aren't people
>>
For real though, Alucard is an ancient Eldritch abominations that has been bound to human will via the power of centuries of imprisonment and a bloodline thing. He's NE at best, old held in check by his bonds to the Hellsing organization and ennui.

Anderson is a fanatic who very much believes he is doing the will of God, and is routinely shown to defy his superiors if he believes they are wrong. He's chaotic good
>>
>>43851324
Anglican Evil vs Katholic Evil
>>
>>43851324
Alucard: Neutral Evil, he follows rules to the letter when he wants to and yet at the same time he can be a disobedient and controlling little shit to the same person (Integra).

Anderson: Chaotic Neutral. He's when happens when a Chaotic Good worker of god follows some fucked up doctrines without question and revels in it, truly believing they're doing the work of a good and just God.
>>
>>43851342
>everyone knows heretics aren't human
ftfy

>>43851386
>Alucard
>Anglican
Ayyy.
He is (was) orthodox or catholic like Andersson, after going vampire he's basically satanist/paganist.
>>
>>43851324
They are both pretty evil.
>>
>>43851324
6 level fighter 6 level monster.
6 level shadow into 6-7 level monster.

Only right answer.
>>
>>43851375
Anderson even knows hes evil. His whole order is planing on going to hell after they die and fuck up some demons.
>>
>>43851342

>>43851324

>Haha just kidding Anderson is lawful good everyone knows protestants aren't people

Success breeds jealousy.

>>43851375

>Anderson is a fanatic who very much believes he is doing the will of God, and is routinely shown to defy his superiors if he believes they are wrong. He's chaotic good

But wouldn't that make other blind fanatics like Claude Frollo or Lorgar Aurelian CG as well? "Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit." (Matt. 12:33)
>>
Chaotic Edgy vs Lawful Edgy
>>
>>43851414
I now imagine Andersson doing eviiiil things to go to hell, but they're obscenely petty
>Not paying in a restaurant
>Stealing candy
>Painting a mustache on a Mary statue
>>
>>43851424
I think they just plan to get there through all the killing they do.
>>
>>43851433
I'd say it makes no sense, but hey.
>Hellsing
>Making any sense at all
>>
>>43851324
Teamfourstar chaotic and teamfourstra lawfull
>>
>>43851441
They are a very militant order of a religion that says "no killing guys or you go to hell". I think the logic is they need someone to go punish infidels but that sort of thing is a bit frowned upon so these guys make the big sacrifice.
>>
>>43851324
Neutral Evil on Alucard. Doesn't give a fuck how many people die, but has his own sense of right and wrong: like how he'd be fine with Anderson killing him, but only "as a human". Definitely not Lawful or Chaotic.

Lawful Neutral for Anderson. Follows the Catholic Church as if it were the word of God, and takes on a brutal but arguably necessary role to protect that institution from supernatural threats at the likely cost of his own damnation. The fact that he loves killing just as much as Alucard keeps him from being "Good", even if that bloodlust is being focused on a goal that's not really "Evil".
>>
>>43851457
>no killing guys or you go to hell
Killing is allowed, catholicism isn't 100% pacifism.
>>
>>43851477
catholicism has an absolute prohibition of killing.
>>
>>43851477
Literally one of the ten commandments is thou shalt not kill. Some people might try to justify it to make people feel better but Anderson takes his religion very seriously.
>>
>>43851488
It doesn't Hitler.

>>43851494
It's just very frowned upon, however it's OK if they're heretics, and it'd also be OK if they're fucking DEMONS. But we're trying to find logic on a universe where demons exist. Openly too.

Nowdays it has changed into no killings because society and religion evolve together normally.
>>
>>43851477
it forbids killing though due to the sanctity of life. But you don't go to hell for it if you repent, in this life or after death before god, and if Anderson is a true believer, he regrets.

Not to mention that demons don't live in hell, since hell isn't a place. Hell in catholicism is just denying of god and the resulting being apart from the absolute good. So you're just in the same state as a devil when you're 'in hell', not any closer to him physically
>>
>>43851500
Killing monsters is probably ok but killing other people, even protestants, is not. Just because a couple popes said it is doesn't mean it is.
>>
>>43851507
What are you on about hell is definitely a place in catholicism.
>>
>>43851507
If we're going for logic, Catholicism doesn't make sense in hellsing verse. On only one thing.
>The devil can grant powers (see, Alucard)
>>
>>43851521
Killing heretics is OK until the pope said it WASN'T OK, like crossbows, or eating meat during Lent. See James, son of Zebedee. Or generally see historical Spain and reconquista.

That's how Catholicism works you tard.
>>
>>43851528
The nail also grants observable powers, meaning either god and the devil are some kind of not understood magic or they are real and can both grant power
>>
>>43851546
Maybe little bitch boys decided it was alright to kill people if they were heretics but the ten commandments dont say thou shalt not kill (except for heretics, fuck them)
>>
>>43851568
Now you're not making any sense of any fucking kind.
>>
>>43851560
God grants powers (see miracles), that's OK.
Devil giving powers is not OK.

But we're trying to make sense of a japanese man rendition of a folklore tale derived from the acts of a real person from the balkans that now lives in the united kingdom and where Schrodinger's cat is an actual entity and human-ish. We're literally doing an exercise in futility.
>>
>>43851575
Im saying people who decided killing people was ok were disregarding one of the ten things they are not supposed to do at all as told to them by god and if they decide its ok they are wrong and just making an excuse to let them kill someone they dont like.
>>
>>43851586
You're an idiot who doesn't know theology, we get it.

Now go be an idiot somewhere else, like >>>/hist/ or >>>/trash/
>>
>>43851598
And I am sure you have so much experience father Anon.
>>
>>43851611
I have enough to understand what the figure of the Pope does.
You clearly do not.
>>
>>43851598
And here we see the classic catholic/protestant divide. Protestants are heavy on direct scripture, Catholics are heavy on interpretation
>>
>>43851629
Not divide anon, we're strictly talking about Catholicism now.
>>
>>43851457
>>43851488
>>43851494
>>43851507
>>43851521
>>43851568
>>43851586
Listen you illiterate provincial ape.
the commandment is to 'not commit murder' if you go back to the original text, it is an entirely different word in the original language, the Hebrew word “ratsakh” applies only to illegal killing (e.g., premeditated murder or manslaughter) — and is never used, for example; in the administration of justice or for killing in war.
>>
>>43851697
Anon, that's a protestant, they don't know better.
>>
>>43851500
"thou shalt not kill", anyone ?
looks pretty absolute to me.
>>
>>43851825
Language changes somewhat over time, certainly faster than the bible updates. 'Kill' used to mean cold-blooded murder. Whereas 'slay' was closer in our modern meaning of the word kill.

The Old Testament where the 10 Commandments is from is -full- of God not only okaying waging war but outright commanding it.

The New Testament is certainly more peaceful, but that's not where 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' comes from.
>>
>>43851414
The ''going to hell thing'' is related to their vests. If they get overwhelmed, they blow themselves up. That has 2 effects. 1) Kills lots of the motherfuckers. 2) Is an act of suicide.

According to catholicism, suicide is an automatic ticket to hell. Thats why they use the vests. Guaranteed trip to hell to fuck up more demons and you go out in a blaze of glory
>>
>>43851825
Bear in mind, that was written in a time period when it was felt that people beyond certain groups weren't really humans.

Like how Rastafarianism takes it
>>
>>43851752
>Implying most of the conservative protestant demonations aren't significantly closer to the actual Biblical text than the Kekolic church and it's bullshit 'tradition.'
>>
>>43852316
Well, they kinda have their own versions of the bible so its hard to say really
>>
>>43851424
>Drawing penises on bathroom walls
>Talking during mass
>Back answering a priest
>Using a cursed artifact to make yourself a demon to try and kill the worst vampire to ever live.
>>
>>43852316
>Protestants
>Christian
My sides. You funny protestant heathen.
>>
>>43852500
>Oh no Father Andersson! Don't you put the arch bishop on the gay dating site!
>>
>>43852545
I'm now imagining Father Anderson as Father Ted.
>>
>>43852636
Does that mean Doyle is heinkle and Jack is enrico?
>>
>>43851324
Alucard: Lawful Evil. Will obey the rules and orders he's given, but glories in the slaughter of people who aren't evil in and of themselves. If you'd put him against any police in the world, not just the Brazilian police, he would've slaughtered them all the same.

Anderson: Lawful Good. He's a classical Paladin, a Gygaxian Paladin. He sees Alucard (correctly) as an evil monster that needs destroying. When Archbishop Maxwell goes too far and starts blindly murdering civilians, Anderson finally sees how evil his pupil has become and puts an end to it. He may defy his superiors, from time to time, but he's following the Word of God.
>>
>>43851697
It's not about the commandment you dope, it's about the sanctity of life. Read John Paul II's catechisms you idiot
>>
>>43851527
Jesus christ, will you read up on it, at least use wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_views_on_hell#Roman_Catholicism
>>
I just can't see Alucard as anything other than lovable asshole abridged Alucard now.
>>
>>43854422
TFS has a habit of doing that.
>>
>>43854422
>tfw same on Anderson
>>
Alright, I am not christian at all and I consider protestants to be heathen bastards.
>Inhuman.jpeg
>>
>>43854851
Protestants are to Christianity what Muslims are to modern religion.
>>
>>43854860
Catholics are better conversationalists generally and I have had less of them try to convert me.
>>
>>43851420
Anderson is a thorn the tree needs to protect itself.
>>
File: 2wqzcq8.jpg (24 KB, 640x362) Image search: [Google]
2wqzcq8.jpg
24 KB, 640x362
>>43851324
direct answer:

Alucard: Chaotic Evil w Neutral tendecies
Anderson: Lawful Neutral with Evil tendencies
Schrodinger: Chaotic Neutral
Soras: Neutral Good

fight me.
>>
>>43851324

Alucard is Chaotic Evil, Anderson is Lawful Evil.

Alucard's one of the rare CE characters that actually has loyalty to someone besides their own impulses, but let's not kid ourselves, he's loyal to Integra because it amuses him and he admires strong-willed humans. He kills because it's fun, not out of any concern for himself or others, and ultimately just wants to find a human good enough to put him out of his misery. In the meantime, he'll freely indulge his sadistic desires as he sees fit while technically following someone's orders.

Anderson is Lawful Evil in that he's a remorseless killer who is nonetheless bound by devotion to the word of god. His faith is a higher authority to him than the authority of the churchmen he serves under, but it is still because of his code rather than any compassion for the protestants that he turns against Maxwell later. He doesn't care about saving lives, he simply grows disgusted that one of his children had become so drunk with power.
>>
>>43854681

>implying there was any difference with anderson
>>
File: badtimeofthemonthforSeras.jpg (43 KB, 712x405) Image search: [Google]
badtimeofthemonthforSeras.jpg
43 KB, 712x405
--somewhat off topic...
does any one find this scene kinda 'a turn on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4wY-FhBArw&t=5m40s
(use copy-paste-to-url, 4chan doesn't support the YT time stamp)
>>
>>43851442

I quite like Hellsing Abridged actually.
>>
>>43851324
I thought the point of Hellsing was that everyone is a monster in one form or the other.
>>
>>43857016
Yeah, also is about characters going insane with power. But the central theme is that everyone is a monster.
>>
CE and LN. There's a fair argument to be made for Anderson as Gygaxian LG, but morality has changed so much since then that most modern players can't handle that.
>>
>>43854481

They've ruined DBZ for me, and by ruined I mean improved immensely.
>>
>>43857111
Yeah, there are no "Chaotic", everyone is fucked up. There is no "Lawful" everyone has their own belief and creed they follow, even Alucard who is shown as nothing but a big murderfest 90% of the time.
>>
>>43857197
The only problem I have with them so far is the treatment of Chi-Chi, and canon didn't give them much to work with.

It's my fault for enjoying her Dragonball anime appearances so much.
>>
>>43857395

Toryama never liked Chi-Chi himself, and he forced himself to give her a wider role in things. Maybe some of that's leaked through.
>>
>>43851324
Lawful Evil.
>>
>>43857414
I think he only made Chi-Chi because it was expected for Goku to get a love interest due to the genre at the time.

Still, the post-Piccolo episodes with her were pretty fun. And I can understand her personality shift, I mean. She's an uneducated hick who lives off of her father's money and desperately wants a better life for her son. And if she can train Goten to hit SSJ faster than Gohan did, she's not doing bad in the martial arts aspects.

But still, from fun, loving adventure princess to nagging bitch is kinda grating. Super only makes it worse. It's just too bad there's no room for TFS to do something other than berserk, scary murderbitch for her.
>>
>>43851422
HEYKIDSWANNASEEADEADBODY?/10
>>
>>43857000
Who doesn't?
>>
File: Nazi_vampires.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Nazi_vampires.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
>>43857000
>nice subtle ref'

>>43857196
holy fuck this. we have a genius here people.

think of this: Lawful Good in 2015 would be Chaotic Good with Neutral tendencies in Gygaxian 1979 logic.
>>
>>43851324
Chaotic for Alucard
Lawful for Anderson
>>
>>43851414
That's metal as fuck
>>
File: Seras_Victoria.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Seras_Victoria.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
>>43854942
>Soras
Her name is Seras Victoria fagget and she's here to purge Nazi Vampires.
>>
>>43859113
those legs do not make sense...

that, or Seras has micro-ass/wierd hips.
>>
>>43860259
I think she's hunched over
>>
>>43851406

Is that some anima: beyond fantasy I see
>>
>>43857016
Except Seras. Which always made her seem rather out of place compared to literally everyone else in the setting.
>>
>>43863183
I think that was the point. She was the only good, normal person in the entire clusterfuck so that we'd have someone to relate to.
>>
>>43851459
Underrated reply.
>>
>>43859113
I always thought that was a garbled translation of the actual English female name of Celes.
>>
>>43863706
A lot of old fansubbers/scanlators would agree. Of course, some of them insisted that it was "Arukardo", too.

We got official romanizations from Hirano.
>>
>>43852284
That may be metal, but acts of martyrdom, like killing a shiton of nazi vampires while blowing yourself up when you already were going to die, actually practically guarantee a ticket to the pearly gates.

But I can only presume they would join the malakim or something to go kill more demons.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.