[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Capture an immortal >Encase him in a large egg shaped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 18
File: 1397093934915.gif (2 MB, 378x280) Image search: [Google]
1397093934915.gif
2 MB, 378x280
>Capture an immortal
>Encase him in a large egg shaped mold
>Fill the mold with molten iron
>As soon as it has taken shape but while it's still hot, drop him at the south pole and let the egg melt deep into the ice

How do you dispose of your immortals?
>>
>>43838468
Strap them to a rocket, aim for the sun.
>>
File: Rakku.jpg (23 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
Rakku.jpg
23 KB, 225x350
One of us will try to kill them over and over until they forget how to resurrect.

But he's not very bright and we aren't as wealthy as you. Usually we just stuff them in a barrel, fill it with concrete and drop it in the ocean where it's deepest.
>>
There's no such thing as an "immortal", just people who get a special deal for a while. Death gets a hold of them eventually. Everything that exists, exists under his power.
>>
>>43838931
what about death?
>>
>>43838962
Death gets to die when there's nothing else left.
>>
>>43838468
I shoot them with anti-phase bolt rounds, in order to prevent reanimation protocols functioning. Apart from that, just like with any other xenos.
>>
>>43838971
what if after death case to exists something appears? will that be immortal then?
>>
The moment Death embraces it's final life is the moment it ceases to be.
>>
>>43838999
There can be nothing after Death. He's basically the the universe itself. It's a running theme in the games I play, that Death is the grand deity.
>>
>>43838468
Pocket dimension that can't be opened from the inside.

A one way trip to a ridiculous amount of years in the future also works.
>>
>>43838999
If something appears then Death hasn't ceased to exist.
>>
>>43839033
how do you know?
>>
>>43838468
Curse him with locked in syndrome.
>>
>>43839041
For Death to die, there would have to be nothing left alive anywhere. That something appeared an arbitrary amount of time after what was believed to be the last thing to die means that Death is still around, patient as ever.
>>
>>43839069
So death can never die, as the possibility for something else to exist will always be non-zero?
>>
>>43839069
what if, everything dies, but there is still water carbon an all that stuff, then life forms again. What if death won't reborn after it?
>>
>>43839105
There's no possibilities here. Death would know. At some point, he will just go "Yep, that's the last one. Time to lock up."
>>
>>43839105
Poor guy will never get a brake.
>>
>>43839120
sounds like you are just one of those fanatic believers
>>
>>43839119
Then everything hasn't died. Death dies when there's no more life, and no amount of time between one form of life dying and another one appearing changes that.
>>
File: death comes.jpg (224 KB, 800x1025) Image search: [Google]
death comes.jpg
224 KB, 800x1025
>>43839138
If there's anything to have faith in, death is probably a pretty good bet.
>>
>>43839148
I didn't said that death might not died. I said let's think about that that death actually died and life formed again.
>>
>>43839205
Then it's gonna get crowded real quick.
>>
>>43838485
Dallas was an ass anyway.
>>
>>43839120
If there's no possibility for spontanious life arising, how did it start in the first place? Unless we're talking creationism, in which case there's always a possibility of a new creator, or how did the first creator(s) come to exist?
Therefore, death can't ever die.

Checkmate deathiests
>>
>>43839220
Eh, I'll let future generations worry about that. I'll be dead by then anywa- oh wait. Oh no.
>>
My homebrew fantasy setting has Orcs under the control of a monolithic and implacable god of Death - whom they betray and 'kill' (not that they can do so effectively); without their patron god, the Orc tribes decline in power to warbands a la the Night Lords.
The god also has aspects of battle and a sort of Valhalla for loyal Orc warbands; when the last son arrives he promises a War in Heaven (patent pending) of neverending battle. The last son is actually rabidly anti-Death and instigates an endless civil war amongst the Orcs - not the imagined endless crusades against the lizardmen or elves.
>>
>>43838468
Promote them to upper management and give them busy work with occasional bonuses and awards for completion.

Add in a hot but distant secretary whose statements can always be taken one of two ways, and you're set.
>>
>>43838468
First, replace their blood with molten iron.
Then, replace their bones with molten iron.
Then, replace their flesh with molten iron.
Then, replace their internal organs with molten iron.
Then, replace their skin with molten iron.
Then, replace any other part of them that you haven't yet replaced with molten iron, with molten iron.

Then, once there's nothing else to replace, you take that cooled down iron and you make it into several thousand screws for cheap chinese umbrellas.

Be careful to capture the smoke that forms when you replace his innards with molten iron, and trap that in a bag, in case it tries to reform there.

Immortal, eh? Can an immortal function when his body is no longer extant?
>>
>>43839354
>replacing an angry iron golem with thousands of angry umbrella golems
>>
>>43838971
It can also die in strange aeons
>>
>>43839354
>open umbrella
>naked man falls out
>>
Depends on degree of immortality, if they just don't die but don't instantly heal all damage, dismemberment, placing the parts in seperate cases, and putting the cases in various places around the world. Wolverine style, usually just tossing them into a volcano, it won't stop them forever, but cost effective and relatively long term, because they won't get out till it erupts again. Highlander style, decapitation, followed by a rousing power ballad and a lightning storm.
>>
File: Thenamelessone.jpg (19 KB, 320x299) Image search: [Google]
Thenamelessone.jpg
19 KB, 320x299
>>43838468
we have been over this /tg/, 'disposing of' an immortal only makes it angry. the only true way to get rid of an undying enemy is to change its mind.
>>
Why would you keep the immortal on the planet?History dictates that someone, somewhere, will eventually free them. Send them the fuck away instead
>>
>>43838468
>Long time later
>Explorers in the south, looking for resources, find weird metal spheres in the ice
>Disconcerted by this anomalous natural development, but needing the iron, they dig up the spheres and start melting them down

>RitaRepulsa.gif

You failed to keep the immortal secure. Game over.
>>
>>43838468
>egg shaped
"Sorry man this is already turning into magical realm. I'm out."
>>
Launch them into space with a volcano
>>
I don't have the time or money for those methods

How about just putting them in a barrel full of cement and dumping it in the ocean.
>>
Alright guys, listen
LISTEN
Guys listen
What if
What if we
What if we took the immortal
And killed him

Tbqh I'd fill them full of spiders and then bind them in chains and then probably dip them in cement and THEN make the deepest hole possible and toss them in. I'd probably tie them to a drill to the center of the earth, if I could.
>>
>>43838468
What setting? High fantasy? Lock the fucker in a time paradox with magic, like re-living one day for ever. For our time campaing? Lock the fucker in a iron box, lock the box in a bigger one, now put the box in a box on a big metal boat, drive to boat above a very deep part of the ocean and sink it. Sci-fi? Blast into a star. Grim dark? Get horrebly murdered by him. CoC? Louse all san and become his follower
>>
>>43838482
I like this better than OP.
I mean, if we gotta get rid of them.

But OP just sounds like he's ASKING for them to be released in a thousand years utterly insane and psychopathic.
>>
File: 1396021657051.jpg (344 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1396021657051.jpg
344 KB, 768x576
>>43843581
>>43843631
>Send him into the fiery depths
>His undying body assimilates the heat over time
>He returns a thousand years later as an avatar of burning hatred
Ya dun goofed
>>
>>43843667
They key to taking out immortals isn't to take them out forever. That will never work they will outlive their binds. The realy key is to take them out for your and your childrens lifetime.
>>
>>43838468
Drop them in a black hole.
>>
>>43843667
Think billiosn of years later.
By that time we're either hyper-technic gods, we've decided this solar system is bust and have moved to another, or we deserve it.
>>
File: 69f.png (29 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
69f.png
29 KB, 800x800
>>43843704
>Or we deserve it.
So today then?
>>
File: 1426182329906.jpg (114 KB, 970x880) Image search: [Google]
1426182329906.jpg
114 KB, 970x880
>>43843693
>>43843704
Just dump them into a bottomless pit filled with kittens, and let them develop love. Immortals don't have to be heartless!
>>
>>43843734
Day 1 must escape
Day 3 kittens are great and so cuddly
Day 20 these kittens are delicious
Day 400 I must escape I'm sick of eating all these cats and the yowling as they eat eachother is maddening

This is how you get crazy immortals
>>
File: 5sqk6cu.gif (2 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
5sqk6cu.gif
2 MB, 260x260
>>43843755
I realized another fatal flaw in my plan: Even if he had unlimited food for himself and the cats, what's to stop him from just piling the corpses together until he can get out?
>>
>>43839026
Good try Alduin
>>
>>43843781
Fix for said problem: all the cats are "fixed" and ALSO Immortal
Though finding said immortal cats may be a challenge.
>>
File: 1297237808076.png (43 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1297237808076.png
43 KB, 500x281
>>43839026
Works pretty well, until they are released by some assholes who don't know what the fuck they're doing, and then the world almost ends.
>>
File: 1366358466666.jpg (250 KB, 1200x1350) Image search: [Google]
1366358466666.jpg
250 KB, 1200x1350
>>43843839
>>
>>43838931
All these immortals running around prove otherwise.
>>
>>43838931
>He hasn't heard of Bowerick Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
>>
>>43843891
so he has an eternal erection?
>>
>>43843905
Hell no, he got immortality through the wonderful power of improbability, then made it his mission to insult every being in the universe. Personally. In alphabetic order
>>
File: Ladd_Shooting.gif (594 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Ladd_Shooting.gif
594 KB, 500x281
>>43838931
>Hasn't heard of Baccano!
pleb.
>>
>>43843283
You're a bit late m80 >>43838485
>>
>>43839239
heat death of the universe has to happen eventually. at least that seems to be what the agreed upon thing is.
>>
High security prison. 2 hour session with a psychologist every day. Propaganda and brainwashing keep it up for a century or two and then let his ability be used by my empire.
>>
the only sensible way, dismemberment, encased in preassure vessekes filled with liquid helium and kept at a billionth of a degree above absolute zero.
>>
>>43838468

We just cut off his head, put him in chains, tied weights in his feet, and threw him into the ocean. The head we sealed in concrete foundation of some building.
>>
also there are at leats three different types of immortality.

type A: Infinite lifespan, but still susceptible to disease and injury.

type B: Infinite lifespan and accelerated healing

type C: True immortality, inviolable body and mind. Truly eternal.

There are ways to deal with A and B. With C, even the end of the universe might not be enough.
>>
>>43844179
you also get entities with lifespans not tied to their current physical form. Reincarnators, memetic entities (though I guess those can die), beings who exist in a higher dimension and extrude into this one.
>>
File: Czeslaw Meyer.jpg (370 KB, 700x626) Image search: [Google]
Czeslaw Meyer.jpg
370 KB, 700x626
>>43844179
There is also the A.1 version, with Infinite lifespan, not susceptible to disease, but normal vulnerability to injury with accellerated regeneration even after death, bringing all the pieces of the body back together until they're alive again.

But you don't seem to know about them.
>>
Concrete shoes with metal chains embedded in the concrete, also wrapping them to confinement. Then dropping them in the middle of the ocean.

Probably not the best way, but it's what we did in a game.
>>
>>43841686
And then they land on Mars, survive the heat death of the universe a few times over, and become the guardian of Mankind.
>>
Drain his blood. Depending on the nature of his immorality, it will either flow back to him, which means free energy via blood-powered turbine, or free blood. If the blood regenerates fast enough, it can still be used to power a blood turbine. If he regenerates any damage, he can be used for free, fertilizer, organ and bone transplants, spell components, etc. (Unless parts of his body in other people allows him to influence them, which might make a good plot hook)
>>
Load em' on a spaceship, go out into solar orbit, make sure the calculations are correct and he won't collide with anything for a few million years, and leave him there. no way of propulsion out there, he's stuck.
until some fucking idiot passes by and picks him up
>>
File: image354.jpg (23 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image354.jpg
23 KB, 400x300
>>43838468
Blow up the boat they were planning to use to become Shogun and then kick/chop them into the molten gold as the water rushes in, encasing them in in it.

> Gemma! Burn in your golden hell!
>>
>>43843667
>a thousand years later

Not my problem, he's the immortal here.
>>
>>43838468
Why not just throw his ass into space? Literally everywhere to go, no chance he'll come back, no way to affect his direction, the chances of him running into you again are immensely low. Just let him drift.
>>
Force them into an anti-magic field then overwhelm them with physical force, drive a silver spike into their skull, immolate their body, weave spells over the ashes to imbue his immortal essence into the spike, then either drive the spike into an alien tree from another plane to guard it or encase the spike in an unopenable box and hurl it into the void between planes.
>>
>>43838468
My go to is usually reducing them to a fine mist if they have demonstrated that they have to physically reform instead of just acquiring a new body somehow. Just as a precaution, if they can be killed somehow that will usually work. Helps prevent >>43843631 if possible and slows him down long enough to get a back up plan together at the very least. If he comes back from that go with the classic buried alive, with indestructible coffin and anti-magic properties if possible and needed.
>>
>>43838468
>make a deal with Death to let me be immortal until I kill the other immortal
>spend however long I need to figure out how to kill him
>have someone else kill him using the way I discovered
>now that I can never kill him I will be immortal forever
>>
>>43846569
>GM suggests a Sci-Fi space rpg for next game.
>BBEG returns
>>
>>43846698

Until some mad cunt and his horrible demon dog come to fuck up your plans.
>>
Eat them. Feast upon their godflesh and drink of the everblood.
>>
>>43847120
That's what the huge pot and massive fire is for.
>>
>>43843156

https://www.primalhardwere.com/category/ovipositors
>>
>>43841642
Which is why we preform a full frontal lobotomy.
>>
File: lady of pain (5).jpg (131 KB, 428x576) Image search: [Google]
lady of pain (5).jpg
131 KB, 428x576
>>43841642
Or piss off the Lady of Pain.
>>
>>43838468
If I was really determined to get rid of them for the foreseeable future, stick them in a rocket with enough delta-V to reach Solar System escape velocity, at the highest feasible angle to the ecliptic so as to minimize the potential of an encounter with anything. Ideally by a mass driver of some kind, so there's no possibility of rocket malfunction after the projectile leaves the barrel.

Deliberately introduce a random up to 1° error in the angle it is aimed in, and include a small automatic thruster and random number generator on the payload capsule just sufficient to further randomize the trajectory once it is too far away to observe, but not sufficient to produce an encounter with any Solar System body or drop below escape velocity. That way, if anyone wants to ever pick them up again, the volume of space they'll have to search for such a tiny object is extremely large, and will only grow with time.

That thing is never coming back.
>>
>>43838482
What if it's some kind of lich that fully regenerates somewhere safe when his body is destroyed?
>>
>>43839120
Death turned to go but, just as he did so, he heard the faintest of
noises. It was to sound what one photon is to light, so weak and feeble
that it would have passed entirely unheard in the din of an operating
universe.
It was a tiny piece of matter, popping into existence.
Death stalked over to the point of arrival and watched carefully.
It was a paperclip.
Well, it was a start.
There was another pop, which left a small white shirt-button
spinning gently in the vacuum.
Death relaxed a little. Of course, it was going to take some time.
There was going to be an interlude before all this got complicated enough
to produce gas clouds, galaxies, planets and continents, let alone tiny
corkscrew-shaped things wiggling around in slimy pools and wondering
whether evolution was worth all the bother of growing fins and legs and
things. But it indicated the start of an unstoppable trend.
All he had to do was be patient, and he was good at that. Pretty
soon there'd be living creatures, developing like mad, running and
laughing in the new sunlight. Growing tired. Growing old.
Death sat back. He could wait.
Whenever they needed him, he'd be there.
>>
>>43843175
Or drop them down a river unril they eventually stop thinking
>>
File: Edg Edge and Edgy.jpg (266 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Edg Edge and Edgy.jpg
266 KB, 1024x768
>>43839013
Cool story bro
>>
>>43849113
If you can do all that, why not just fire it into the Sun?
>>
>>43839026
>A one way trip to a ridiculous amount of years in the future also works.
But what if the foolish immortal seeks to return to the past TO UNDO THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU
>>
>>43839205
Then that would be proof that there is no begining or end to the universe and it is just an constant line of happenings.

Time doesn't really exist
>>
>>43838468
You. You are the guy that 2000 years from now neckbeards complain about. 'Oh, if those ancients were SOOO powerful, why did they just seal the ancient evil in a can?'

At least toss it into an another dimension and then convince society that magic doesn't exist over the next few centuries, or trick it into leaving this world forever or something.
>>
>>43843581
Take immortal.
Lobotomize it every so often
It's not dead, so it won't have to "come back" though it might slowly heal over decades
>>
>>43846784
>death shanks you in the throat for trying to be clever

when your pact's legal authority is upgeld by an abstract concept, you can't abuse as many of the possible loopholes
>>
ship them off planet
>>
File: plebs.jpg (34 KB, 398x382) Image search: [Google]
plebs.jpg
34 KB, 398x382
>>43850797
>KlK
>edgy
maximum pleb
>>
>>43838468
Give them a good job.
>>
>>43839148
Just curious if you come back around, what exactly do you consider life? Because by your response to this it makes you sound like you're saying the existence of matter itself counts as life. Even the heat death of the universe could eventually be reversed if the big crunch is possible, but I wouldn't call anything between those two events life.
>>
A true immortal actually stops the universe from dying of entropy, because they themselves still have energy. If they didn't they wouldn't be truly immortal. At some point, they simply become the universe. Now multiverse shenanigans, on the other hand!
>>
>>43851363
I'm assuming that if Death couldn't just get the other immortal on his own and needed an outside contractor than there's a decent chance he won't be able to go back on the deal.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.