[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I kill an army of venerable dreadnought and terminators
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
How can I kill an army of venerable dreadnought and terminators with necrons

Also are ctan shards worth it
>>
YOU CAN'T DESTROY THE EMPEROR'S FINEST.

FOR THE EMPEROR AND THE IMPERIUM

BLESSED IS THE MIND TOO SMALL FOR DOUBT
>>
>>43832889
>How can I kill an army of venerable dreadnought and terminators with necrons
Shoot them with guns
>>
>>43832889

Literally the worst possible marine list you could make. Even a bunch of vanguard veterans and assault marines would be better.
>>
File: Mexicrons.jpg (53 KB, 800x435) Image search: [Google]
Mexicrons.jpg
53 KB, 800x435
>>43832889
MONOLITHS
>>
>>43832889
you dont, you just get purged
>>
>>43833536
Is that a goddamn hottub?
>>
>>43832889
> C'tan Shards
No for competition, but yes for fun. Bring some Ork Randumb Tables home for the family to enjoy--fun for everyone!

> Beating Dreadnoughts
Shoot the piss out of the dreadnoughts. Gauss makes AV not even matter, so chump 'Crons can eat them. If they DS, have your Deathmarks pop in behind it to blast its rear armor. Only weight of fire will save you if they have the 3+ invuln shields.

Alternately, swarm them with scarabs & forget they exist.

> Terminators
A death scythe should eat their brains from the skies with its hateblasts, or a Doomsday Ark. If they have Storm Shields, again, weight of fire or scarab swamp.

Alternately, crash into the termites with Decurion Wraiths who also have 3+ invulns backed by 4+ Reanimation (Canoptek Swarm formation).
>>
>>43832971
Pretty much fucking this. Back when I used to play, I played Eldar and always did what my friend called castling. I'd sit all my shit in cover (even the fucking skimmers) and just lob shots trench warfare style all day.

The thing is when I did this with Necrons it was 10 times better. Necrons are amazing for just sitting there and shooting shit. Have the fast flyers and skimmers to harrass stuff and ready the close combat troops to keep the termies off your ranged units.
>>
c'Tan shards are great honestly, but if you're looking to field one, you can try the Conclave of the Burning One formation from the Shield of Baal: Exterminatus book. You can get one of the crypteks the God-Shackle for +1S/T.

It's good with the Nightbringer and Deciever but give it to the Trasncendent C'Tan and you got yourself S9 and T8 for all 3, making them immune to anything S4 or below. BS5 makes you pretty great at shooting your random powers (which are all useful to an extent, 3 of them fire High strength large blast ffs) and S9 AP2 makes you dangerous in CC too (and your crypteks can overwatch with 6 S5 AP3 shots with their staves).

Give Crypteks a Phase Shifter and a Phylactery if you can afford it and you've a Knight-Titan equivalent. I always field mine against Gargantuans and routinely hold my own/win.
>>
>>43832889
>How can I kill an army of venerable dreadnought and terminators with necrons

More Gauss, more Necron warriors. Statistically, masses of cheap S4 shooting is the bane of terminators, and Gauss is the bane of vehicles. Just throw buckets of Gauss dice and let the laws of probability win the game for you.
>>
>>43832889

From C'tans, Nightbringer is good with his Gaze.

If you are playing vs Grey Knights add Culexus for maximmum cheese (fluff-wise Szeras took one), -3ld and just stare at them with C'tan.

But of course, the most effective way are just spam with warriors and ghost ark. Never fails me.

Other choices are praetorians (combine with warrior spam and stalker), Stalker itselft got good Ap2 too.

Deathmarks can do their job too, you can use them with doom arks to wipe out any danger from drop pod, and blast with arks.

Seriously, termies are never problem for me, they can't even sweep.
>>
>>43833536
This is fucking glorious!
>>
>>43833536
>[8-bit Tejano music intensifies]
>>
>>43832889
60 necron warriors in ghost arcs.

Mathmatically you'll be able to take out at least 12 dreadnoughts a turn. Hell, any 12 vehicles a turn for that matter.

Make knight lists cry.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.