[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you have not read this, do so. The art is great, the cosmology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 15
File: KillSixBillionAwesomes.jpg (719 KB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
KillSixBillionAwesomes.jpg
719 KB, 850x1100
If you have not read this, do so. The art is great, the cosmology fantastic, the potential for an eventual rpg high, and updates have been pretty fast and consistent without compromising quality. It is relatively new though.
>>
File: VNyk86k.png (651 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
VNyk86k.png
651 KB, 1067x800
>>43824459
Nigga the guy who makes the comic is on this board.
>>
> I name you...
Come on teeg, I know you have ideas.
>>
>>43824505
Wait, wut?
>>
>>43824518
Fluffle, ravager of souls.
>>
>>43824518
Tuxedo Mask.
>>
File: criminal scum.png (322 KB, 480x584) Image search: [Google]
criminal scum.png
322 KB, 480x584
>>43824518
>Skilliwanks
>Beardo the Magnificent
>John Goodman's Better half
>Sausage Links
>Goblin Butt Party
>Sir Killington the Peaceable
>Fred
>>
>>43824530
ABBADON, which is his usual handle here, is frequently in the KSBDs RPG threads.

A while back there was a long string of them as it was in early development and he had a dialogue there about it and the setting.
>>
>>43824518
Tim

The inexplicably misogynist
>>
>>43824518

Snarf.
SNARF.
>>
File: Bob from Accounting.jpg (103 KB, 620x497) Image search: [Google]
Bob from Accounting.jpg
103 KB, 620x497
>>43824518
Bob from Accounting
>>
>>43824561
>Goblin Butt Party
Goblin swat team sounds better
>>
>>43824563
When was the last one of those? I've never seen one although I do recall seeing that handle before.
>>
>>43824518
Squiggles von Cuddlemuffin
>>
File: Typical_GM.jpg (18 KB, 215x228) Image search: [Google]
Typical_GM.jpg
18 KB, 215x228
>>
>>43824518
Mister Snugglekins
>>
>>43824459
> By the power of the moon
> not Greyskull
Casual.
>>
Seriously though, I fucking love this comic. I obsessively check it every day to see if there's new content and have not been dissapointed. If only abbadon was on now I'd tell him so myself.
>>
>>43824620
>Someone casts Wild Magic
Roll for effect.
>1344
Well, fuck. You just polymorphed your entire party into hamsters.
>what now?
You're in a giant fucking castle that happens to be filled with vermin, demons, and a mind flayer. We're going on a mouse-sized escapade!

Not even kidding, this fucker turned a classical "kill the BBEG" story into a survival escape quest from the castle of said legendary Mind Flayer on the fly.

Only the wizard escaped.
He also got us all killed with another wild magic effect
He turned himself back to normal size
It crushed us all and broke him through one of the outer walls.
>>
>>43824518
Spiderman Stacy
>>
>>43824647
She likes Sailor Moon though.
>>
>>43824459
The problem is that the writing is weak, the plot plodding, the characters either bland or annoying, and the dialogue ranges from irritating to downright unreadable.

That, and the world really isn't all that interesting and not especially conducive towards rpgs.

Nice art though.
>>
>>43824647
She's been shown on a couple occasions to be a pretty big Sailor Moon fan.
>>
>>43824459
So... I guess welcome to /tg/?
>the potential for an eventual rpg high
It's so high that the PDF of the rpg in making was posted here several times and with the blessing of Abaddon himself (despite access beng supposedly reserved to Patreon supporters)

But hey, at least you got good taste!
>>
>>43824518
Maskbane.
>>
>>43824518
Scruffy
The janitor
>>
>>43824700

>Being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.
>>
File: baneforyou_zpsa9e755dd.jpg (381 KB, 682x1003) Image search: [Google]
baneforyou_zpsa9e755dd.jpg
381 KB, 682x1003
>>43824739
that name must be more severe
>>
>>43824746
>being a shill for the sake of being a shill

Fuck off with your "flawless" comic.
>>
>>43824541
Given that Allison is a massive Sailor Moon fan, and uses Usagi as her pseudonym, it is more than likely.
>>
>>43824700
>The writing is weak
If you haven't read it, why do you think you can fool other people?
>>
>>43824746
>>43824700

Nah, it's legitamate criticism with the writing. The beginning was a little strange with the writing. Wielder of Names has already gone leaps and bounds father than the original part and if you look closely you see a lot of easter eggs from the earlier work.

As for the whole thing about the world...dafuq you talking about mate? It's awesome plus he already developed a number of races, baddies, and classes.
>>
>>43824782

>Unable to defend his opinions, calls opponent a shill
>>
>>43824816
Why do you keep trying to advertise this comic here? Are you friends with the author?

I understand that the author posts here on occasion. Are you the author?

Help me try to understand why you keep making this thread, and considering that it's really not that great due to some severe flaws, and I can't really fall into the camp of "Oh, he's just posting it here because he missed /co/"
>>
File: 1430175229422.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
1430175229422.gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>43824780
But with such a strange name, I'd be forced to ask them to tell me about Maskbane, and ask why he wears the mask?
>>
>>43824848
>thinks "you're being contrarian" deserves any other kind of response

Nice attempt at damage control, shill.
>>
So who else wants to use a setting based on this comic?
>>
I wonder what will happen to the other devil she de-masked. She seemed pretty nice, so I hope she doesn't go mad or anything.
>>
>>43824892
No? I don't make these threads, I just like the comic.

You claim "severe flaws" but you have no evidence or examples, so we'll have to agree with >>43824746

Are you just trying to come off as contrarian as possible?
>>
>>43824916
>raise hand
K6BD actually motivated me into doing some on-and-off reading of vedic mythology.
>>
>>43824910

>Gorgeous comic, with some issues in pacing and dialogue.
>"It's shit. Reddit will upvote me many times for being so unique with my views."

What's it like knowing your opinions are objectively shit, and that you are completely without taste or class.
>>
>>43824941
Oh, you want an example of bad writing, and some truly awful dialogue?
>>43824459

It's clearly no Shakespeare, you twat.
>>
>>43824459
>updates have been pretty fast and consistent
You should been around when it first began. Weeks of nothing
>>43824563
He also posts on /co/, obviously most often in threads about his own stuff
>>
>>43824916
There's a KSBD RPG, and I imagine that the setting could be adapted to a number of other systems as well
>>
>>43824929
It doesn't look like she took the mask from its face, its just that that devil's mask is damaged somehow and those other humans were offering it that fresh one.
>>
>>43824700
I hold different opinions than you, and find your own opinions to strongly disagree with my impression of the comic.

The plot did go slow as hell, though. But now that the author seems to have gotten their shit together with respect to a regular update schedule, it seems to be moving quite briskly.
>>
>>43824945
I have a copy of Bhagavad Gita around here somewhere - do you think I should try cracking it open? I worry that it's either going to be too dry, or just too hard to wrap my head around.
>>
>>43824971
>It's clearly no Shakespear
Well, obviously, Kill six billion demons uses modern language and has a lot better Syntax.

And that comic does nothing for your point, it's perfectly written for a drunk person and it's only a few lines to compliment the action.

Are you, perchance, a moron?
>>
>>43824700
I'll give you a pass on everything but the last point. This is a pretty interesting combo of hindu/abrahamic cosmology with some custom touches
>>
>>43824971
All that proves is that you don't like the humor, not that it's bad writing.

I'm not sure if you are capable of comprehending this Anon, but just because you might not like something, doesn't make it bad.

In fact, that's probably an indication of quality considering your shit taste.
>>
>>43824929
Pretty sure that was just a replacement for its current mask, which looks kind of beat up. I believe unmasked devils are pretty much just feral monsters.
>>
>>43825025
>defending the dialogue

Look, if you don't want to come off as an idiot, you're probably best of just sticking with the "It's got an interesting art style and it's very different from mainstream comics" angle, rather than trying to defend the indefensible.

The writing? Garbage. You seem to like or can ignore garbage writing, and that's wonderful for you, but trying to tell people that it's got better writing than a bathroom stall is just setting them up for disappointment.
>>
>>43825058
Why didn't you just say Yes emphatically instead of answering with all those words?
>>
>>43825058
You could have just said yes, anon...
>>
>>43824518
Pantyface
>>
>>43824620
Reporting in. Though I tend to have a general idea what I'm doing ahead of time.
>>
>>43825081
>>43825082
Now i understand why you think the humor in the comic is so hilarious.
>>
>>43825103
>implying things never said
>the highest level of argument
The legends are true!
>>
>>43825013
I'm only fifty-odd parvas into the Mahabharata (ok, technically that's post-vedic, but whatever), not near the Gita. So far, the writing is very flowery and dense, alternating between evocative imagery and long-winded descriptions.

I say, go for it, but take the time to occasionally reread a few verses. Also, it's religous text, so it won't read as easy as a modern novel.
>>
File: Amusing3.jpg (5 KB, 97x101) Image search: [Google]
Amusing3.jpg
5 KB, 97x101
>>43825058
>Ctrl+F
>any examples of bad writing
>Zero results
ok
>>
>>43825166
>can't google the comic

It just about never manages to go a full page without some cringe-inducing line from a character that looks cool but talks dumb. At best, the page hopefully just has no words on it whatsoever.
>>
>>43825211
>My point exists guys, really, just uh, it's a thing
>I don't have any examples though, but really guys, I'm not a faggot!
ok
>>
>>43825211

>2015
>Being this stupid

Give examples homeboy.
>>
>>43825211
Except we're literally asking you to provide examples of bad writing and you're failing to deliver.

Hell, how about you explain why the writing in the OP is bad?
>>
>>43825235
>struggling to perform damage control

It's sad to watch, in a way.
In any case, burden of proof is already on you. OP's pic is already a fantastic example of awful dialogue, to the point where your insistence otherwise is starting to become as embarrassing as your continued efforts to defend the writing.
>>
>>43824594
what about goblin sweat team?
>>
>>43825255
>Expecting him to actually support his argument
>Expecting him to not just keep stamping his feet and screaming "I hate you and I hate the things you like!"
>>
>>43825301
>needing a full explanation as to why the OP pic is retarded

If you're too stupid to realize just how much of an allowance you're giving it, then what is the point of arguing with you?

She literally says "Then by the power of the moon-

-and all this delicious-ass liquor-

I name you.."

And you're leaping out of your chair to applaud that line?
>>
>>43825211
>>can't google the comic
Not who you were replying to, but yeah, I'm that lazy. So sauce on OP pic, pl0x?
>>
Whelp, he just tried to say that he doesn't have to back up his claims, so it's time to stop responding to him and ignore him

Claims with no evidence can be instantly dismissed with no evidence.

Good show guys, he stumbled all over himself and it's over.

Hopefully if enough people stop talking to him, he'll kill himself.
>>
>>43825211
>some cringe-inducing line from a character that looks cool but talks dumb.

That's the fucking point you moron. To Allison and the audience, all of the characters in Throne look like extreme edgy tryhards.
>>
>>43825354
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/
>>
>>43824892
I posted this here because I think the world building was really awesome. The roots it draws from various religions is super appealing. For that reason alone, how is it not /tg/ related.
>>
>>43825348

No one seems to be applauding it, but no one (but you) seems to be hating on it either.

What do you want? What would you suggest as an improvement? What, specifically, do you have a problem with that line?

Or are you just the same dude who complains about the OOTS comic being too wordy due to your lack of ability in regards to reading comprehension.
>>
>>43824929
Well, he was pale at that point so his name probably won't last much longer.
>>
>>43825379
Thank you.
>>
>>43825363
>gotta try to perform damage control
>HE'S GOT NO EVIDENCE! NONE! IGNORE HIM! PLEASE! IGNORE HIM! DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT HE SAYS! PLEASE!

No matter what tactics you try, you really can't defend the writing.

Hell, half the reason I'm continuing to respond is precisely because you think you can just shut someone up, and the other half is that you think that just by trying to deny how awful the writing is you might be able to trick people into believing that.
>>
>>43824974
Oh, I was, but that's to be expected of any new webcomic. recently though, the dude has been a machine
>>
>>43825404
The burden of proof lies on the accuser.

So far, you've failed to provide any proof whatsoever. Ergo, you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>43825387
>>43825377
Seriously guys, stop responding to his posts.

It's cyanide to empty-headed trolls.

Jokes on you, he will just respond to his own posts so he can keep posting
>>
>>43825348
She's drunk, she still has no idea how the crazy-ass world she's been thrust into works, and she's trying to keep up the act that she DOES know what's going on because the magisters think she's an envoy for Mottom. Is it "LINE OF THE YEAR EVERY YEAR 9001/10!!!"? No. But its not the shit that you're trying to make it out to be for the sake of trolling.
>>
>>43825013
Yeah, honestly the Bhagavad Gita and Mahabharata are worth reading, but I wish there was a modern written version just detailing all the funny ass stories from the mythology. Obviously, there are. I just don't own them.

Basically, insert Lord Shiva anywhere and hilarity ensues. Read the story about how Ganesh got that elephant head.
>>
>>43825404
>Hell, half the reason I'm continuing to respond is precisely because you think you can just shut someone up, and the other half is that you think that just by trying to deny how awful the writing is you might be able to trick people into believing that.

Okay, but you could at least respond to everyone who is asking you to provide examples and reasons as to why you think the writing is "garbage".

I don't know why you're surprised that everyone is dismissing you. Right now you just come across as some fuckwit who comes into a thread screaming "noooot /tg/ because the writing is shiiiiiiiiiit!" and nothing else. Of course you're going to upset fans of the comic if you're just telling them that it's shit without even trying to explain yourself.
>>
>>43825387
I'm hating on it right now because people are so adamant to defend it.

It's bad dialogue in a comic with subpar writing. It's not a terrible comic, and has plenty of redeeming features, but it's nothing special.

Here's my "meh" you can throw on top of the list of opinions, since this thread was made in order to get people's opinions on this comic. Sorry if you thought posting about it here meant that we would just throw mindless praise at it and all criticism would be dismissed.
>>
>>43825404
>He asked me for evidence?!
>OMG stop trying to censor me!! I will not be silenced!
ok
>>
>>43824620
Me to a T. Sometimes you just gotta roll with whatever comes to mind, baby. Months of making plans within plans just collapse in on themselves.
>>
File: 1387702999418.gif (900 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1387702999418.gif
900 KB, 245x245
>>43825475
>I'm hating on it right now because people are so adamant to defend it.
See
>>43824746
>>
>>43825475
So what do you like?
>>
>>43825387
Well, I'm applauding it. I thought this page was hilarious. The one before was cheesy as all hell though, but I'm one for dairy products. I kekked heartily after she masked it and was like...now what?
>>
>>43825473
What I'm surprised by isn't the hostility, but the poor methods used in the process of damage control.

There's no presentation of great lines of dialogue, only people screaming "WHERE'S YOUR PROOF?!" when it's right in the OP.

There's very little "I disagree with your opinion because of X and Y", and a lot of "YOUR OPINION IS SHIIIIIIT AND YOU'RE STUPID! LET'S DISMISS THESE OPINIONS BECAUSE THEY"RE NOT MINE!"

What we're looking at isn't a debate or even a discussion, it's a bunch of wasps getting riled up in hopes of defending their hive.

Apparently, calling the comic out on its poor dialogue is the equivalent of trowing a rock into the nest.
>>
File: 1440205182906.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1440205182906.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
>>43825475
>fans of the comic are so adamant to defend a comic that I say has shitty writing and dialogue

GEE, I WONDER WHY.

>It's bad dialogue in a comic with subpar writing.

Yea, you keep saying this, but the thing is you've done really nothing to convince anyone in this thread that this is the case.
>>
Also, OP here, very surprised at the shit storm happening. I disagree with the anon's taste, but I'm not Donald Trump. He may have his opinions even if they're wrong =D . I can give him that if you're not into some of the wonkier stuff in the comic then I'd see why you wouldn't like it. Anon, what did you think about the scene with White Chain in front of Michael 2?
>>
>>43825508
Huh, it took an hour of shitposting for anon to reveal he was only butthurt because someone called him out truthfully so quickly.

Truly shit-posting is thr magic of revealing peoples Psyche.
>>
>>43825508
Defending having an opinion because you guys are acting like children and hoping to just scream NUH UH isn't being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, you logically-challenged child.
>>
>>43825556
Honestly, most of the comic has been rather frivolous but the scenes at the Angel Court and in the Void are all quite good if you want more serious writing. The whole I want to be a girl thing is a little PC, but eh why not?
>>
>>43825556
Anon, you do realize that having some kind of point is how conversations start, right?

If you have no examples you can point to, and people ask you for one, they're not CAPS LOCK yelling at you, they're asking you why you're so retarded.
>>
>>43825556
>damage control
inigomontoya.jpg
>>
>>43825576
>people getting butthurt because of a post criticizing their baby
>let's say he's butthurt

C'mon guys. Look at how upset you are that someone isn't willing to exalt such "amazing" writing.
>>
>>43825556
You keep saying the proof is in the OP but I'm not seeing where you explain why that writing is shit.

Even then, one example literally proves nothing.
>>
>>43825556
>There's no presentation of great lines of dialogue, only people screaming "WHERE'S YOUR PROOF?!" when it's right in the OP.

You know that's not how backing up your argument works right? Do you think that's how university papers do it?

>"Vaccination is bad for our children, here's an internet link, go find the proof in there."

When you make accusations like that, it's standard for people to ask you to back up your claims and it's not necessary for them to prove you wrong first.
>>
>>43825628
Define "amazing writing"
>>
>>43825592
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrarian
>a person who opposes or rejects popular opinion
You

You could add this example into the dictionary, then put it on the wiki page, and be completely accurate the entire time.
>>
>>43825614
What examples do you need, beyond the comic itself?

Are you literally asking me to point to 95% of the comic?

Here. Do me a favor. Find me a page that doesn't have awful dialog and writing.

Protip: If the page has Cio talking, throw it out.
>>
File: nerd rage live.jpg (99 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nerd rage live.jpg
99 KB, 500x500
>>43825556
>>
>>43825556
I disagree with your opinion because that page accurately reflects the actions of an inebriated and inexperienced woman in a situation where she is completely out of her depth.

Now refute my argument with examples and logical assertions.
>>
>>43824518
He Who Was Played

Fucker just got out-drunk and demoted all the way from ebon to red.

Not sure what would have happened if he hadn't gone all unbound, but I don't think he'd have gone further than gold.
>>
>>43825699
If there are so many examples, go get one and outline it for us.
>>
>>43825699
No, the 10+ people in this thread asking you why you're so retarded are asking you for an example of bad dialogue in the comic.

You pointing at the entire comic and going "It's awful" is like saying "Science proves vaccines cause autism 100% of the time" then linking a jumbled up, 10000 word essay and telling us "it's in there, trust me"
>>
So is the guy whose mask that was going to get reimbursed? The polite thing to do here would be to give him a green mask; repay with extra as punishment for the inconvenience, but I don't know that she has the ability to make one.
>>
>>43825636
He's hinging his argument on the last panel, which comes immediately after "I'm drunk as hell and I have no idea what I'm doing." which kind of invalidates his argument.
>>
>>43825689
What you fail to comprehend is that when I expressed my opinion, it wasn't to be contrarian.

Defending it also isn't contrartian, especially because you fail to realize "popular opinion" doesn't mean the handful of people in this thread.

What I'm doing is telling you your method of damage control is childish. If you've got good writing to show, show it. If not, quit trying to dismiss anyone who disagrees with you.
>>
>>43825778
>It wasn't to be contrarian
>It was just to oppose all this popular opinion because it was popular in this thread
ok
>>
>>43824700
>the writing is weak,
Eh, it meanders but it's not terrible.
>the plot plodding,
Rather, the update rate is plodding. The plot isn't fast, but it seems so much less fast at a page per day.
>the characters either bland or annoying,
Yeah, I kind of agree here.
>and the dialogue ranges from irritating to downright unreadable.
You have to like mysticism and poetry, to be sure.

>the world really isn't all that interesting
Personal taste, but obviously a lot of people disagree.
>>
>>43825743
That doesn't look like an example of good writing,

Burden of proof is on you, Mr. I claim it's got good writing. Passing that buck on me doesn't work when the OP post is so awful.
>>
>>43825797
It's these kind of childish antics that keep me from taking you seriously or earnestly.

Performing damage control like that just makes things worse.
>>
>>43825817
Your claim is that it has bad writing.

You might think that you trying to shift the burden of proof will make everyone forget you're stupid, but you're wrong.

We can do it your way too.

There are no examples of bad dialogue, therefore Kill Six Billion Demons has only good dialogue.

Alright, factually correct, it's perfect.
>>
>>43825058
The dialogue is fine. This isn't Order of the Stick, a few drunken phrases are totally sufficient for a page.
>>
>>43825699
Okay, listen; you're doing that thing that virt used to do where people would ask him to explain an example of bad game design and he would keep going "your game is shit just look at it"

I'm part of my college's debate team so I'm more than qualified to explain to you that this is not how a debate works. The format is point-counterpoint, but you need to defend your position in order for us to actually retort.

You've made the statement "the writing is shit." The burden is on you to prove that, not for us to disprove that - we can't disprove anything until you say why you have th opinion you have. "Look at that page, it's shit" isn't proper elaboration on your point either, it's just you restating your point as-nauseum.

You need to pick a specific passage, and then explain why you think it doesn't work at conveying the idea it aims to convey. If you can't get past your literal opening argument without resorting to calling your opposition shills, then you've conceded your point.

So let's try again: what is a specific example of writing you think is bad, and why does it, in your opinion, fail to work? I assume you have given this enough thought to answer comprehensible, since otherwise that would mean you've just been shitposting for the sake of it. I know you would never do that, anon.
>>
>>43825778
This >>43825797 is literally what you're doing. Even if this isn't necessarily the collective opinion of /tg/, it is the popular opinion of this particular thread, ergo you are, in fact, being a contrarian faggot.
>>
>>43825838
>damage control
>said 7 separate times
>Trying to convince himself so hard
Your tears are delicious.
>>
>>43824700
I can understand claiming that the writing and dialog is poor but I refuse to believe that someone can look at the setting of K6BD and go "nah this world is not interesting"

Actually explain yourself on this one because otherwise it's pretty blatant you're trolling
>>
>>43825556
>proof is in the OP
Let's look at the OP, then. It contains lines by
1. An imp, wrongfully denied a promotion
2. A drunken nerd trying to play it cool
3. some sorcerous bystander trying to prevent shit from going to hell
Which of those do you think is not appropriate to the character?
>>
>>43825838
>Damage control
You keep using that word...
>>
>>43825817

The fact that you've been arguing more about NOT having to provide any sort of concrete examples or reasoning rather than just simply breaking down a page to show us what you mean says a lot about you. You could have made yourself look at least somewhat credible from the beginning but now it really just looks like you're only around to piss off some KSBD fans.
>>
>>43825864
>you're doing that thing that virt used to do where people would ask him to explain an example of bad game design and he would keep going "your game is shit just look at it"

And was replying to Virt a good idea? Did it help in any way? Did pointing out to Virt "Hey, you're trolling and these are shitty debate tactics" in a sizable post make him stop?

No?

There's an old joke about people who don't accept the philosophical premise of induction. "Why do I believe that anti-induction works? Well, it's never worked before."
>>
>>43825937
>Alright, this guy's definitely a troll
>Replies anyway

I wish I could just tell you to LURK MOAR, but we've been so overrun by shitmaggots for so long that you'd come away thinking that the best way to combat trolls is to get really mad and give point-by-point explanations of why they're wrong.
>>
>>43825942
But it's fun?

Watching someone shitpost and be retarded while everyone shoves him around for a few hours is one of the only things you can do on 4chan that you can't do on forum.
>>
>>43825838
Damage control is only possible when damage was done. Here's what damage control looks like:
>>43825778
>>
>>43825963

Well it's not like anyone is talking about KSBD in this thread anyway.
>>
Ok scenes with good writing, in my opinion. I think it's all good, but I get the feeling that the goofiness of a lot of it is not appreciated.

>White Chain before Michael 2
>White Chain and Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe
>Personally really liked when the other devils were singing along witht he drinking especially the little one
>Meeting of the 7 Black Kings
>All of the stuff explaining the cosmology
>Scene where all the guilds are bickering over Alice

Obviously, I like more, but these scenes were particularly good.
>>
>>43825995
Also, gonna go ahead and say that the whole fight over Alice was pretty dope too.
>>
File: YISUN.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
YISUN.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Reminder: This is /tg/, not /lit/. It doesn't matter that the writing is good, what matters is the game.

This is 1.1, is there a newer one?
>>
>>43825931
ALL OF IT!!!!!!11! Huehuehue, I sure bamboozled you faggots good, didn't I?!?!?1 Just look at all the damage control I caused!!! Am I one of the cool kids now?

Seriously though, I want the troll to shut up or fuck off, ideally both.
>>
>>43825995
>>43826033
I also cringed when her Indian sister said, "No way!! Is that a fucking bhindi!?!?" but it was a good cringe.
>>
>>43825979
In the end, no matter how smug you might feel, it doesn't change the bad writing.

That's the bottom line, really. You can defend it as mindlessly as you want, try to dismiss anyone who criticizes it with as much fervor and condescension you can muster, but that doesn't improve the writing.

You can't intimidate people from offering their opinions. No matter how loudly you scream, there will always be people willing to look at the comic, read it, and say "Fuck, if that bitch opens her mouth one more time, I'm done with this thing."
>>
>>43826096
see
>>43825479
The thread is long, but I was sure someone had talked about this point already.
>>
>>43826096
ok
>>
File: file.png (112 KB, 400x433) Image search: [Google]
file.png
112 KB, 400x433
>>43824535
>>43824541
>>43824561
>>43824566
>>43824578
>>43824593
>>43824609
>>43824628
>>43824683
>>43824739
>>43824743
>>43825084
>>43825724
You have to put it in the comments on the page on the actual K6BD site if you want the author to see your suggestions.
>>
>>43824541
I totally suggested that in the site before. Too bad I didn't see another dude already said that.
>>
>>43826162
>I think the writing is bad
>FUCK YOU, WHERE'S YOUR EVIDENCE
>Look at the OP, it's not great
>THAT DOESN'T COUNT

At what point do you think you've encouraged me to play your little game of moving goalposts?
>>
>>43824916
I'm planning on running a game using the Ars Magica system, pretty excited.
>>
>>43826216
"look at the OP" proves one thing: It has writing. Your point is that the writing is bad, which you have failed to show.
>>
>>43826254
This.
>>
>>43826096
You are more than welcome to not like it, and to say "I don't like it.", but coming in and repeatedly screaming "IT'S BAD BECAUSE OF X!!!" and just saying "JUST LOOK AT IT, IT'S SO SHITTY! YOU'RE JUST DOING DAMAGE CONTROL BECAUSE YOURE WRONG AND IM RIGHT!" when asked to provide any examples of X is a different thing entirely
>>
>>43826216
>THE WRITING IS BAD
>explain
>LOOK AT THE OP
>Your assertion that the writing is bad would, reasonably, lead me to believe that you find the writing in the original post subpar as well. However, you have still failed to elaborate on your point, and have not explained why, specifically, you find the writing to be poor
>NICE MOVING THE GOALPOSTS YOU FUCK

If I saved reaction images of smug anime girls I would post one right now
>>
>>43826231
How even the fuck?
>>
>>43826285
Try reporting and not responding anon, shitposting is against da Rules and please next time don't copy his annoying CAPS LOCK.
>>
>>43826285
>screaming "IT'S BAD BECAUSE OF X!!!"
Honestly, I'd rather he did include the "because of X" part, at least then we could discuss it.
>>
>>43824459
Take it to >>>/co/ you shill
>>
>>43826295
That's the same guy, doing it because nobody else is getting trolled.
>>
>>43824459
What's this got to do with traditional games?
>>
>>43826254
Reading those final lines made me cringe from how stupid and forced it sounded. It doesn't sound like someone who's drunk, it sounds like a humorless writer trying to write a joke but just sort of stumbling over themselves.

You might have a different opinion. And, from your stance, nothing can be shown to you prove anything aside from how amazing those lines are. So, I have a hard time understanding why you're so adamant about someone proving something to you, especially when you don't understand the ridiculousness of the demand.

Here. Try to prove your point to me. I'll be sure to just say "Nuh uh" with varying degrees of verbosity, since that seems to be in vogue.
>>
>>43824459
>all that memeshit
What a shitty comic
>>
>>43826334
See
>>43826041
If this thread wasn't a trollish mess, it would be /tg/ related.
>>
>>43826365
The guy who writes this is also making an rpg system based on it

He's even come to this board in person to discuss development of the system based on his setting

Read the thread dumbass, this is as /tg/ related as it gets.
>>
>>43826419
>The guy who writes this is also making an rpg system based on it
Cool, but this thread is about the comic
>>
>>43826419
>this is as /tg/ related as it gets.
>shitty, derivative webcomics are "as /tg/ as it gets"
Go home /co/, you're drunk
>>
>>43826436
>>43826334

>thinks K6BD isn't /tg/

You're either new here or a colossal faggot.
>>
>If you have not read this, do so.

>AND ALL THIS DELICIOUS-ASS LIQOUR

No. I will not read this.
>>
File: Bird1.jpg (34 KB, 430x290) Image search: [Google]
Bird1.jpg
34 KB, 430x290
>>43826292
Strip out the setting and you've got a pretty wide-ranging kit for magical, divine, infernal and story based powers.
It's fairly lethal in combat, which following the merc fight scene seemed appropriate.

Plus it seemed like the best system because it had truly separate sources for powers, instead of the dnd-esque "Same Spells, but it's from a different list." So infernal stuff can get bonuses from sacrifices, but often take from a victim to give to a benefactor. Holy powers can benefit from the use of relics, and saints can be invoke. Magical powers benefit from loud exclamations and expressive gestures, and fairy stuff benefits from story cliche's. All that stuff seemed great for having a host of characters that really feel like they've come from a range of cultures/styles, which K6BD does really well.

>Maybe I've made a terrible mistake, but it seemed like fun.
>>
>>43826419
OP didn't make a thread about that.

He just made it to praise the comic, and threw in "eventual rpg" in there as lipservice to keep it from getting moved.
>>
>>43826461
>thinks THING I LIKE isn't /tg/

You're either new here or a colossal faggot :^)
>>
>>43826381
Really? To me it sounds like a nerd trying to be cool, and slipping back to being bad at it due to drunkenness – which fits the character perfectly. Of course, I suppose that isn't too different from an author trying to look cool and failing, but considering that there's such a big mitigating factor, I think it can only really be shown by comparing other factors. Sort of like how we can say "look, Jim Butcher isn't misogynistic just because Harry Dresden is, see how all his other characters aren't?" Allison's dialogue is like that consistently, even though it's way more so now. It came out a bit when she was scared in the pilot, too, but I wouldn't disagree with any argument that that was ham-handed. Is there any other example of a character with this ridiculously cheezy dialogue? Cio can be annoying because she's a busybody with a fucked up accent, and White Chain rambles like a motherfucker, but I really don't think there's any "bad writing" that can't be boiled down to "this is this character".
>>
File: Bird 3.jpg (13 KB, 236x351) Image search: [Google]
Bird 3.jpg
13 KB, 236x351
>>43826478
In retrospect, Unknown Armies would be in a similar vein as rule systems go, but Ars Magica has a ton of options for playing divine giants/magical beasts etc, which was a big plus.
>>
>>43826403
If you started with the game instead of GO READ MY COMIC - I MEAN THIS RANDOM COMIC I FOUND then maybe you'd have a point
>>
>>43826478
I mean, an Ars-Magicka-like system could do it, but it'll be so much work. When you strip out the AM setting and add in the K6BD setting you'll have done so much work that you might as well have built a system from scratch.

>So infernal stuff can get bonuses from sacrifices, but often take from a victim to give to a benefactor. Holy powers can benefit from the use of relics, and saints can be invoke. Magical powers benefit from loud exclamations and expressive gestures, and fairy stuff benefits from story cliche's
None of that is in K6BD.
>>
>>43826461
You're trying to force this as /tg/.

Quit it.

If you want to talk about the K6BD rpg, go for it. That's definitely /tg/, since it is a traditional game. Make your you try to keep the discussion centralized around that topic.

The comic by itself? Quit it.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.