[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic the Gathering Flavor Lore general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: flaevoer.jpg (66 KB, 1360x661) Image search: [Google]
flaevoer.jpg
66 KB, 1360x661
Wednesday UR Discussion thread

>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

ARCHIVE http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Archive.aspx?tag=unchartedrealms&description=Uncharted%20Realms

>Savor the Flavor/Taste the Magic archive
ARCHIVE http://www.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/archive.aspx?page=13&tag=savortheflavor&description=taste%20the%20magic

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE http://pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
http://pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2015: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/
>Snowflake Repository
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_sBQQ9Kl6ZFfnpobDlCb2RGU2F4V19aNEpTdVZoQU1UYkUtTFVJcjVVVW9lQm5IMklRT00&usp=sharing

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion. This one has an UR an it!

We have an IRC for more conversational discussions and no small amount of fucking about: #mtgwaifulore on irc.rizon.net

Ob Nixilis is doing things in the first person!
He's doing them here:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/any-cost-2015-11-25

What do you think about Ob Nixilis? Was this thing an interesting thing? Could he do more things in the future?
>>
Where is Chandra?
>>
>>43823200
>>43823514
I am tempted to say "Don't reply in this thread. Wait for Ravnicanon to make the Wednesday thread because this is a really, really shitty one. I wouldn't wish this thread on the snowflakers.
>>
>>43823566
I would have gone into the archives and pulled up one of RavincaAnon's to grab the header links.
I am the one who usually puts up the Flake posts and will respect the normal rules.
>>
File: 1448144604323.png (423 KB, 600x365) Image search: [Google]
1448144604323.png
423 KB, 600x365
>>43823566
It doesn't matter really, OP image made me laugh.

>Ob Nixilis wakes Kozilek
I didn't expect that one.
>>
>>43823926
Well, considering his Plan A was to nuke the plane out of spite for Nahiri, after Nissa thwarted his initial plan to re-ignite his spark he was (for a moment) considering helping out the Zendikari and the other Walkers on the plane to help contain the Eldrazi problem until he could re-build his hedron network more-so out of necessity and self-preservation than any sense of moral high ground.

But after seeing what Jace, Nissa, Gideon and co. did with the large hedron network, he immediately abandoned the "help the plebs" plan and reverted back to Plan A.

And what better way to nuke a plane super-fast than by getting TWO Eldrazi Titans to fuck the plane over? We saw how much trouble the other Walkers and Zendikari had with just Ulamog. Now we got Kozilek getting pulled out of his beauty sleep and being told to do is fucking job by some hot-shot demon on a super-high bender power trip.

Personally I'm hoping Kozilek wakes up, bitch slaps Ob Nix so hard he throws him into some random corner of the Blind Eternities for disturbing his beauty sleep, THEN goes on his plane-devouring rampage like Ulamog did.
>>
Which neowalker has the fattest ass?
>>
>>43824329
Tibalt.
>>
>>43824329
Tamiyo maybe for sitting around all day.

Elspeth's definitely got curves under that plate armor.

Daretti would count if he still had one.
>>
>>43823926
>chandra
WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE
>>
File: 1444708759458.jpg (44 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
1444708759458.jpg
44 KB, 282x341
Do you think at least one of the thousands of ways Obby thought of killing Nissa involved raping her first?

I can't tell if he seems like he'd be above that or not.
>>
>>43824509
Lili has a great butt.
>>
>>43824666

I don't think Ob's above rape, but he's certainly above raping Nissa.

You know the phrase "don't stick your dick in crazy"? Well Nissa is why they say "don't stick your dick in stupid."
>>
This fight seems inevitable. Who would win in a straight up, fight to the death?
>>
>>43824666
He sounds composed in his head, but I imagine the whole time he was trying to free himself he was screaming incoherent rage and rape threats at her the whole time.
"AND THEN, I'M GOING TO SHOVE MY BIG BLACK SPIKED DEMONIC DEEP SO FAR UP HER ASS, THAT SHE'LL THINK IT HAS SWAMPWALK!"

>>43824686
No one is above wanting those barely legal joragas and zendikars.
She was smart enough to almost waste his ass. Only thing she did wrond was not double-tapping his ass.
>>
>>43824686
>Not above rape.

He probably rapes all the time. He's blown up planes for fun, he's probably raped hundreds of women just because they're attractive and he has a boner.

>>43824704
Ob Nixilis.

He's just the more powerful planeswalker if all the fluff we've seen is anything to go on.

But Superman is gonna win anyway.
>>
>>43824704
>They fight
>Using Heiromancy, Gideon brings Ob Nixilis to the ground
>Jams a Hedron laying around into his head
>>
>>43824666
He'd probably have more creative ways of doing awful things to her mind and spirit.
I don't think MTG demons really care for actual sex anymore (and some of them weren't human to begin with).

I also feel like Ob gets his pleasure on a different scale to most people. He'd probably only give a shit about rape if he found a method of raping an entire army at once.
>>
>>43824329
Ugin, the Spirit Dragon.
>>
>>43824704
Superman wins for sure. Give em both armies, and pre-BfZ Gideon loses because he doesn't use his army.

Obnoxious is also likely out of practice, and doesn't know anything about Gideon.

>>43824722
Having Nissa be a barely-legal elf is one of the best fan theories I've convinced everyone of. It makes sense with her character and since she's an elf, she's still human legal.
>>
>>43824901
But I've been saying it since her Worldwaker card was spoiled.
>>
>>43823200
I was expecting Ob Nixilis to be very arrogant and prideful about Nissa crushing him under some rocks. Surprised to see his reaction. I keep forgetting that he was once pic related before he became a demon. Either way, I like his personality more than I thought I would.
>>
I'm really enjoying Obnoxious.
>>
>think Ob is going to be a cackling cartoon villain
>he's actually a calculating, rational commander with the brain to balance out his pride

Can he replace Liliana please?
>>
Get fucked, Zendikar.
>>
>>43825313
He's still a raging evil asshole

Liliana is, at the very least, a raging neutral bitch.

That and this UR is from Ob's point-of-view. Everyone makes sense from their point-of-view. It's like Ob thinks he's suave so he read suave, but when Nissa met him he was a mass of "Fucking Nahiri, do you work for NAhiri I'll fucking stab you you elf cunt! RAAAA."
>>
>>43825313

I want Liliana to die to Eldrazi / Garruk / Ob / Some other form of kill, and for Ob to take the place as the big black walker of Magic.
>>
Please keep this writing style only to Ob Nixilis please. First person dialogue only works for characters with massive egos.

I normally don't like stuff written in first person, but Ob Nixilis makes it work. No one else please, though.
>>
>>43825434
>Liliana
>better than anyone
no
>>
Trying to make a snowflake sheet in paint is suffering.

Christ, I need to download an actual graphical software sometime soon.

I wish I had good ideas get ready for domni rade v2
>>
>>43825462
Yeah, yeah we get it, blah blah abusive girlfriend, blah, blah screwed Jace over and only felt bad about it for like two seconds.

That's still means she's done less damage than Obnix, the literal "planar genocide for fun" demon
>>
>>43825434
>neutral
No, she's fucking evil. Let's have Ob. At least he's an entertaining evil who takes responsibility for his own actions.
>>
>>43825517
Yeah, but that isn't really the question. Sure, Ob Nixilis has done 5000% more damage than she has, but he's still a more likable character, and she's still evil. She's just less effective at it than Ob is.
>>
>>43825517
there's entertaining evil, and evil that hangs around like a bad smell

ob is the former
liliana is the latter
>>
>>43825511
1. Paint is easy as fuck. How do you have trouble with it in paint
2. Snowflake-stuff does not happen in the Wednesday thread new-guy. Either wait for this thread to die, make a new thread and link to it here, or wait for this thread to expire.
>>
>>43825443
>a first person UR as told by Nissa
>only complains about losing her connection to Zendikar
>complains about the loss of Zendikar's soul
>complain complain complain Zendikar Zendikar Zendikar land land land
Yeah I'm with you, no first persons beside Nixilis
>>
Oh hi, I'm Ob Nixilis! I'm on Zendikar! I'm the onl-

>NISSA IS HERE

Oh, well, she's here, and she's a shit, but tha-

>JASE IS HERE
>LILIANA IS HERE

Oh, they're here too? I guess tha-

>GIDEON IS HERE

Who the fuck even i-

>KIORA IS HERE

Okay, what the fuck, seriou-

>SORIN HAS ARRIVED

How is this okay?

>UGIN HAS ARRIVED

WHAT THE FUCK.

>NAHRI HAS ARRIVED

FUCK OKAY.

>NICOL BOLAS IS COMING

Fuck this, I'm going somewhere else.

Maybe Innistrad.

>TAMAYO IS HERE

God fucking dammit.

Calling it.
>>
>>43825522
>>43825552
>>43825537
If she was evil she would have stayed around slaughtering angels on Innistrad after Griselbrand was dead and hated the fact that Avacyn and her host were free.
Despite her dislike of angels, she just shrugged and walked away. Ob would have gone on to genocide the plane.
There's evil, which Ob is, then there's selfish, which is Liliana. Selfish is neutral.

>Inb4 Garruk cursed.
Garruk started that fight and he's lucky she didn't put him into the ground over it.
>>
>>43825553

Paint is easy, yeah. I'm just not a fan of how shit it is. Much prefer GIMP, it's less limited.
>>
>>43824666
>demon trips
Ob Nixilis is way out of her league
>>
>>43825440
Can we just have Drana as the face of black? She's the only not-totally-fucking-evil vaguely protagonist-like black character we've had since Kamigawa.
>>
>>43825621
Okay, literally murdering everyone your boyfriend knows to get him to do what you want is evil. That is not the action of a neutral character. Selfish can be neutral. Liliana is not.
>>
>>43825638
>Drana drinks one of the titans, and uses the power to drain a visiting Tibalt completely, stealing his spark and cheating the rules of planeswalkers like her name was Karn.
>>
>>43825591
Nicol Bolas arrives, kills Ugin again, leaves. Sarkhan shows up 1,000 years later after the Eldrazi have eaten everything.

Return to Tarkir confirmed.
>>
>>43825657
>That is not the action of a neutral character.
It is when the reason is fear.
She was under orders from Bolas, who was protecting her from her contracts intensifying. Several times throughout she just wanted to say fuck it, leave with Jace, and go play housewife or something, but everytime she reminded herself, "And then the demons come and fuck your life up." So she did what she felt she had to do.

Now, if she did it for her amusement, or just because she could then that'd be evil.
But fear is legitimately a mitigating circumstance in many cases.
>>
>>43825621
You are aware that "evil" isn't just "lol I kill everything in sight", right? What good would killing a bunch of angels have done her? She's not chaotic evil lolz randumb, that doesn't make her not evil.
>>
File: EN_UR13PortraitPre.jpg (58 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
EN_UR13PortraitPre.jpg
58 KB, 768x432
>>43825443
The author seems to at least know how to write. He's no Kelly Digges but he's still alright.

Also, who is pic related from next weeks UR?
>>
>>43825621
Liliana is a bad person because she murders other humans for her own personal gain.
>>
File: chandra-pyromaster1.png (399 KB, 565x276) Image search: [Google]
chandra-pyromaster1.png
399 KB, 565x276
>>43825835
Oh wait. That's Chandra, right?

I'm calling Chandra for next week to realize she should do what Jaya "That's a Lotty Nuggets" Ballard would've done.
>>
>>43825793
No, it really is not. That's not how it works. "Just obeying orders" is literally the defense at the fucking Nuremberg trials. Also, the reason she was scared was HER OWN FAULT TO BEGIN WITH. It's not as if someone else got her into a demonic pact; she did so of her own free will and then refused to face the consequences. There were lots of things she could have done in the situation. She could have told Jace everything and asked for help, for example. That wouldn't have been evil. She could have gone to someone who wasn't Mr. Mustache-Twirling Elder Dragon evil for assistance. There are ANY NUMBER of things she could have done. She decided the easiest thing to do would be mass murder. People who think the easiest thing to do is mass murder are generally evil.

You appear to be arguing the only way to be evil is to be the traditional chaotic evil d&d character, but that just isn't the case. People in the real world do generally have motivations for the things they do, but if those things are Very Bad Things to do and they do far more Very Bad Things than Good ones, they're evil.
>>
File: kiora atua.jpg (268 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
kiora atua.jpg
268 KB, 500x705
>>43824329
No contest.
>>
>>43825880
There is no "evil". There is only adhering to morals or certain rules made by societies. Disobeying those rules does not make you "evil" because the concept of evil is just another construct that was made by people who made those morals and rules.

xoxo
Black
>>
>>43825929
If you disallow the concept of evil, then, no, Liliana isn't evil, but neither is Ob Nixilis, so the original point of comparison is moot anyway.
>>
>>43825835

Could be Chandra (But I dunno if she's been confirmed to be in Gatepact yet), or it could be Sorin.
>>
File: EN_Sorin_1_Gallery.jpg (549 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
EN_Sorin_1_Gallery.jpg
549 KB, 1200x675
>>43825954
The gloves seem to match more for Chandra than for Sorin.
>>
>>43825621
Professor pls go and stay go.
>>
>>43825811
>What good would killing a bunch of angels have done her?
She hates angels. She really, really hates them so she would have gotten the satisfaction of killing some angels.

>>43825872
>Bad person
Oh, I totally agree, she's a bitch.

>>43825880
Liliana's trial wouldn't be "Just Obeying orders." It was "Either I did it or I would've been killed." As for going to Bolas for help, well, he's who she knows.
Her issues with asking for help are stupid though, I'll give you that.
Stupid Selfish?

>>43825929
>>43825950
Disallowing the concept of evil, then Liliana becomes objectively better than Ob because she still doesn't have a list that says:
>"And when I get my spark back I'll go to some plane out in the planar boonies, terrorize them for a bit, set up a century long evil empire to rule through cruelty, and then disappear for half a millenia, leaving them to wonder if I was ever there to begin with before swooping down and killing everything!"
>>
>>43824258
It seems that it had been Kozilek's plan all along to be awoken by Ob. Kozilek lets other people do the job for him. It looks like he saved a lot of energy by letting Ob do it for him.
>>
>>43826060
>objectively better than Ob

You mean "subjectively better". You are applying your world view to this. From Ob's perspective the only "good" and "bad" are who is good and who is bad at exerting their power.
>>
>>43823200
So now we wait until the inevitable set where we visit a newly rekindled Ob Nixilis empire. The few remaining factions of the world are futilely fighting against a force that grows stronger with each death on the battlefield, whether they are enemy or ally.

I feel like Chandra needs to be the face of a set. Maybe she teaches the resistance the benefits of fire-logic and helps fight for freedom.
>>
>>43826060
>objectively better than Ob
No, because I enjoy reading about Ob, and I don't enjoy reading about Liliana, which is my criteria for a fictional character.
>she really hates angels
Yes, but she's also under time pressure. It wasn't a good act to not kill the angels. Admittedly, it wasn't an evil one, sure, but just not performing a single evil act doesn't make you good.
To my knowledge, she hasn't performed a single good act, and she's performed a lot of blatantly evil ones in addition to neutral ones. Therefore, she is evil. Is she "as evil" as Ob Nixilis? Probably not, but that's not really relevant to the discussion.
>>
>>43826051
>Proffesor
Who?
And it's the truth. In the comic, Garruk was chasing animals in the forest trying to befriend them or something, then one of the bigger ones got away and attacked Liliana who was minding her own business as usual. She murdered it for attacking her and Garruk took offense to that. So she cursed him.
Honestly when a 7-8 foot tall axe-wielding Neanderthal of a man attacks you, you're generally allowed to shoot to kill and she happens to be mono-kill-color.
Garruk started it.

>>43826094
Objectively.
Disallowing good and evil and judging them based on damage caused: Ob leaves entire planes desolate pieces of glass with no life on them.

Liliana wants some demons dead and is kind of a bitch.
>>
>>43826140
Ob is objectively better at destroying planes, yes. He's really, really good at it.
>>
>>43826140
No, that's stupid. You're now saying that Liliana is better than Ob based on her doing less damage. That's YOUR criteria, not anyone else's. Most of our criteria is "character that I actually want to read about", not "character who does less damage." That's also a separate argument from whether or not she's evil.
>>
>>43826120
>>43826171
>No, because I enjoy reading about Ob, and I don't enjoy reading about Liliana, which is my criteria for a fictional character.
That's what it means to be the subjectively better character. The sentence may as well have started with "In my opinion"

Now, the conversation we've been having is "Is Liliana evil." Combined with comparing her evil actions with Obs. If we're taking the morality of good and evil out, the discussion doesn't become, "Who's more interesting" it becomes "Who's the more violent/destructive/worse person of the two, Liliana or Ob?"

>Good actions.
Technically she saved the humans of Innistrad.
It was so she could exile Griselbrand and her own selfish reasons, but it wouldn't be fair if selfish evil actions counted against her and selfish good actions didn't count for her.
>>
>>43826276

Well, if you want to split hairs, Liliana didn't save anything, she just put the humans in a position where the Helvault could be destroyed, at which point Avacyn did all the fucking work.

Liliana's actions contributed positively in that Thalia chose to destroy the vault because of her, but hundreds of innocent people died so that Lili could get a shot at Russel Brand.
>>
>>43826276
I don't see any reason the discussion becomes "who's the more violent or destructive". Like, I'm honestly not sure what that has to do with anything. There are two separate discussions, one which was Lili v Ob, when I said, sure Ob is more destructive and probably more evil but I still prefer his character to Liliana's, and one in which we were talking about whether Liliana was evil. She is, by the definition of evil that I generally use, and it's irrelevant to that discussion as to whether she or Ob is more evil or more destructive.
>>
>>43826329
whynotboth.jpg

Also, was there ever a first person Liliana story?
>>
>>43826329
Because the post that said that evil is subjective was responding to this >>43825880

At no point before that, except maybe one comment at the very start about it, was the conversation about them being entertaining as characters."

And Ob being the face of black would suck because then black is back to being "And then evil shit happens in black." Again, just like how they put phyrexia in black instead of blue or white or any color that loves conformity, perfection, and artifacts at the same fucking time.

>>43826318
Liliana knew Avacyn was in the helvault with Griselbrand, she had gotten that information from zombie Lunarch. She could not open it herself so she found someone who did.Her actions, though she'd definitely would have been gaining Renegade/dark side points throughout, directly led to Avacyn's return. Technically, that's helping to save everyone.

>but hundreds of innocent people died so that Lili could get a shot at Russel Brand
That's going to need an explanation.
>>
>>43826343
It'd be like reading the Cersei chapters of a Feast for Crows.
>>
>>43826490
Liliana is already "And then evil shit happens in black." She's just more personal about it than Ob Nixilis.

Besides, she's the seed of a great destruction, remember? She's going to scour the planes with the Chain Veil. Try actually reading up on her.
>>
File: cardart_08TIcX8wwN.jpg (95 KB, 700x528) Image search: [Google]
cardart_08TIcX8wwN.jpg
95 KB, 700x528
Liliana is objectively evil, because she practices necromancy.
>>
>>43826546
Shut up, Chin-face!

Y-you're still my dragonfu, b-baka.
>>
>>43826532
>Liliana is already "And then evil shit happens in black."
Not to the extent that Ob would be. She's still pretty much "And black is the color of selfish amoral assholes." Which is acceptable because saying anything else about black really is wrong. Though I agree when people say Drana would be a better face of black.

>She's going to scour the planes with the Chain Veil.
I thought she already pushed that shit off onto Garruk and that's already temporarily fixed anyway.
>>
>>43826587
She pushed the physical transformation onto Garruk, the cursed fate of the Veil remains on her. She's the one hearing the voices of the Onakke, after all.
>>
>>43826587
>I thought she already pushed that shit off onto Garruk and that's already temporarily fixed anyway.
Try actually reading up on her.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/unkindness-ravens-2015-07-29
>>
>>43826106
Chandra will out the red back into Jeskai with her new grandmaster monk skills.
>>
>>43826604
>Try actually reading up on her.
I've read every article on her that's came out, you'll forgive me for not remembering minor details.

This still hasn't changed that black isn't as "This is the evil stuff happens here" color as much as before. There are colorless eldrazi, Grixis-colored Bolas, and mostly Bant-colored Phyrexia.
Switching the face, and thus the monoblack protagonist to Ob nixilis would be like saying "Even the protagonist in black is Darth Maul they angry murderer."
>>
>>43825517
I'm tired of that one anon too.
>muh jace husbando
>>
>>43826773
>minor details
Her entire plotline is not a "minor detail"
>>
>>43827015
You're the first one to mention Jace.
>>
>>43826051
>muh jace is a cutie
>liliana a bitch lel

Do you have terminal anal pain?
>>
>>43827020
I remembered that the chain veil is still fucking her up and making her bleed out of her markings, I did not remember that she had voices in her head other than the Raven man, nor did I remember the "Generic doomsday names" The thing spouted at her.
Those are all very minor.
>>
>>43827079
The fact that the Raven Man is telling her that she is a seed of great destruction is most of her plotline at the moment. If you can't be assed to remember that, it's probably because you can only be bothered to look at her artwork so you can fap.
>>
>>43827015
>>43827069
>Do you have terminal anal pain?
Not as badly as you seem to.
>>
>>43827106
>That projecting
"Seed of Great destruction" is that nice doomsday title that's not worth remembering. The facts that the chain veil is an artifact of evil that's trying to take over the more she uses it, and the more she uses it the more it tears her body apart is the important part.
>>
>>43827069
>jace
Why are you so fixated on him? You're like a broken record.
>>
>>43827153
Except that he's used the same term for her on multiple occasions. Both in the comics and in "Unkindness"
>>
>>43825313
I think Ob Nixilis is meant to contrast Nicol Bolas. The Magic team is obviously familiar with and probably uses DnD alignments in planning, I think Ob Nixilis is supposed to be their resident lawful evil villain.
>>
File: 1430252223904.jpg (113 KB, 640x460) Image search: [Google]
1430252223904.jpg
113 KB, 640x460
Remove eyeblight from the premises
>>
>>43827180
>Mardu Nixilis
I want it.

You're right, though. His response to the Mending is to be pleased that other planes won't have their godlike defenders. Contrast to Bolas, who pisses and moans about no longer being godlike.
>>
>>43827188
Fuck the elves, Brighthearth forever.
>>
File: Narset, Enlightened Master.jpg (131 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
Narset, Enlightened Master.jpg
131 KB, 700x500
>>43826546
Dragonlords pls go
>>
>>43827175
And as a term, the only thing it means at the moment is "That sap that touched the chain veil and is now going to fuck everything up." Currently no payoff for remembering it over "It means the one with the veil."

It's not a title like "The Father of Machines," which means "President of Phyrexia" "Worldwaker," which means what it says, or anything else that means anything.

>>43827180
I'll totally believe this

>>43827200
But I'll be pissed if he's the mardu walker we get. Hell, I'd prefer Sorin to get angry next block over Mardu Ob.
>>
File: cardart_Hrsrs9fBMI.jpg (189 KB, 700x832) Image search: [Google]
cardart_Hrsrs9fBMI.jpg
189 KB, 700x832
>>43827257
Don't listen to the imposter, dragonlords pls stay.
>>
File: Learn From the Past.jpg (752 KB, 1080x789) Image search: [Google]
Learn From the Past.jpg
752 KB, 1080x789
>>43827282
>Implying
Even DTK Narset wants dragonlords to pls go and stay go
>>
>>43827261
Sorin's Abzan colors, though.
>>
>>43827306
>Implying
Ojutai is still proud of her and her dragon-like mind. She wants to unravel the secrets of the past, but has expressed no interest in fighting the dragonlords beyond that.

>>43827323
>Nissa steps foot on Innistrad during it's latest crisis.
That'd be enough red for Sorin to go mardu colored for sure.
>>
File: The face of autism.png (256 KB, 814x772) Image search: [Google]
The face of autism.png
256 KB, 814x772
>>43827257
>>43827282
>>43827306
>tfw best waifu is still missing her red
>tfw she won't get it back for at least four years
It hurts
>>
>>43827360
>dragonlike mind
So all dragons are autistic confirmed?
>>
File: Bolas.jpg (138 KB, 863x702) Image search: [Google]
Bolas.jpg
138 KB, 863x702
>>43827387
Say that to my face you lil bitch
>>
>>43827387
>>43827384
Give me a reason to not want to fuck an autist as high-functioning as her.
>>
File: OP20150225_icon.jpg (99 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
OP20150225_icon.jpg
99 KB, 768x432
>>43827360
In the most recent story in which she appears:

>"You're not…some enforcer for the dragonlord, here to punish my heresy?"

And, then, later:

>"To Atarka lands," said Narset, still walking. "Rumor has it they have ancient stories, carved in mammoth ivory, that go all the way back to the Khanfall."
>"You're not planning to leave Tarkir again?" asked Sarkhan. "There are multitudes of worlds to explore, and you cannot have seen them all."
>"Someday I will," said Narset, looking back over her shoulder. "But this world has secrets enough. For right now…I'm right where I want to be."

From her official planeswalker bio:

>Now that her Planeswalker spark has ignited, she has the ability to walk the Blind Eternities, the space between planes, and discover new worlds, but her devotion is to her home plane of Tarkir. Narset knows that the mysterious past might hold the key to long-lost magic, power that might not just benefit her clan, but the whole of Tarkir. So she carefully and painstakingly continues her research. She will wait, ever patient, for her time.

And let's not forget the fact that, according to Maro, they left Tarkir in the wrong state, and a return is a question of "when," not "if." That means that we'll be getting wedge clans back...and everything about Narset points towards her being involved. Not to mention this unused art that was accidentally leaked during Dragons of Tarkir spoilers.
>>
>>43827450
I cannot, given that she's my waifu and I want to hit it like I've been targeted with Taigam's Strike.
>>
>>43827426
You're a fucking autist.
>>
>>43827471
>"You're not…some enforcer for the dragonlord, here to punish my heresy?"
She had committed 'heresy' by delving into forbidden knowledge, not for plotting against Ojutai. Ojutai later congratulated her for her efforts, so any idea of dissent from that is discarded.

>"To Atarka lands," said Narset, still walking. "Rumor has it they have ancient stories, carved in mammoth ivory, that go all the way back to the Khanfall."
>"You're not planning to leave Tarkir again?" asked Sarkhan. "There are multitudes of worlds to explore, and you cannot have seen them all."
>"Someday I will," said Narset, looking back over her shoulder. "But this world has secrets enough. For right now…I'm right where I want to be."
I don't really see what this has to do with her supposedly wanting to remove dragon, so alright then.

She has knowledge of the other worlds, and it *might* benefit Tarkir as a whole. Not in her words, but of the observer. It's not evidence towards interest in ousting the dragonlords.

>unused art of Narset
You're grasping at straws here.
>>
File: 1415852422475.jpg (477 KB, 941x995) Image search: [Google]
1415852422475.jpg
477 KB, 941x995
>>43827471
That wasn't unused, it was trailer art.

Art for future sets isn't commissioned that far in advance. Even if we get a return it's not for 1.5+ years.
>>
File: 635604549512652245.jpg (93 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
635604549512652245.jpg
93 KB, 1440x900
>>43827566
>That wasn't unused, it was trailer art.
Wrong. This was the one used in the trailer.
>>
>>43827471
>"here to punish my heresy?"
When a dragon man on dragonland falls from the sky infront of you because you broke some laws, it's best to check to make sure he isn't about to fry you. He was not, which means that she is probably still in Ojutai's good graces.

> "But this world has secrets enough. For right now…I'm right where I want to be."
Literally means what she said. She likes secrets and mysteries. When has Team Scooby Doo ever decided that solving mysteries meant overthrowing the government?

>Narset knows that the mysterious past might hold the key to long-lost magic, power that might not just benefit her clan, but the whole of Tarkir.
You mean her clan the Ojutai, right? The clan that she was the second in command of? She's a nerd that wants to read and come back later with "I have good ideas!"

>That whole last paragraph.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I look forward to dragonfall, but at the moment, there's nothing about Narset that says that she wants it.
>>
>>43827566
Ob best husbando
>>
File: laughingplaneswalkers.jpg (59 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
laughingplaneswalkers.jpg
59 KB, 480x480
>>43827521
>this from Tezzeret, Cocksleeve of Bolas
>>
File: jaceoath.jpg (41 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
jaceoath.jpg
41 KB, 600x440
>>43827521
Look who's talking.

Hey, remember that time I cut off your arm?
>>
>>43827597
Tezzeret is definitely that unruly employee. I could definitely see him saying that to Bolas and only getting bad touched twice for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 700x959) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 700x959
>>43827426
the most autistic
>>
File: Ral Zarek.jpg (205 KB, 733x1100) Image search: [Google]
Ral Zarek.jpg
205 KB, 733x1100
>>43827602
Hey, remember that time I cut off your budding romance?
>>
File: zeleren2.jpg (757 KB, 5760x3240) Image search: [Google]
zeleren2.jpg
757 KB, 5760x3240
>>43827620
Hey, remember that time you WERE my budding romance?
>>
File: Narset.png (136 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Narset.png
136 KB, 223x311
>>43827471
I remember the delicious tears.
>Fuck your stupid theories about Narset being a planeswalker, that's retarded.
>Fuck your stupid theories about this character in blue and gold armour and glowing eyes being Narset, that's extra fucking stupid. Are you a retard? Narset's card art will obviously be the art in >>43827471.
>And ESPECIALLY fuck those morons who think that Narset will be a planeswalker using the blue and gold armour card. Fuck you guys. I can't wait to laugh at you when you're proven wrong. Fucking morons.

And then, the reveal.

Delicious
>>
>>43827450
Gonna need to ask this question again, but about >>43827617
>>
>>43827685
She Ults on climax and Cruel Ultimatum's you if you cum before her.
>>
>>43827701
Might still be worth it. Unf.
>>
>>43827471
>Planewalker not planeswalking.

Well the only thing special between a Neo-walker and your average ordinary mage. Is the ability to walk between worlds.
So she is doing something literally anyone else on Tarkir could be doing.
>>
File: 412.png (413 KB, 600x764) Image search: [Google]
412.png
413 KB, 600x764
>>43827648
But I approve.
>>
Vraska, Chosen of Pharika in Return to Theros when pls
>>
>>43827925
Unpopular planeswalker. You'd be lucky to see her within five years time, if at all.

Despite the promises of MaRo, unsuccessful planeswalkers will just not see new cards.
>>
>>43827925
If Ajani is full Naya and Vraska shows up when we go back to Theros then all colors would be represented by twice.
>>
>>43827648
>5760x3240
What is this? Image for elephants?
>>
>>43827998

But muh snake wife. ;-;
>>
File: 2cR6G.jpg (264 KB, 1274x1022) Image search: [Google]
2cR6G.jpg
264 KB, 1274x1022
>>43828006
>>
I assumed that the Hedron network got "short circuited" when Ob used it to reignight his spark but he broke it just to troll Nissa and then summoned Koziliek as one last fuck you to Zendikar.

Ob is a next level hater and I love it.
>>
>>43828128
Ob is pretty top-tier. I hope we see more of him.
>>
>>43828128
whatagreatdick.jpg
>>
i want to get lewd with an uncursed Garruk
>>
>>43826490

Liliana helped the idiot twins actually succeed in their attack on Thraben so she could get to Mikaeus and find out where Griselbrand was. The only reason anyone fucking survived that was because Thalia was able to one-shot Geralf's army with a fire attack. Liliana also didn't exactly go out of her way not to kill people while she was searching for Griselbrand.

>Again, just like how they put phyrexia in black instead of blue or white or any color that loves conformity, perfection, and artifacts at the same fucking time.

Maybe old Phyrexia, but New Phyrexia is led by Elesh Norn and Jin-Gitaxis. The Red and Black Phyrexians have already been subjugated and green's just sort of along for the ride. Newrexia is extremely UW in its outlook.

>>43827471

>Return to Tarkir

Uprising against the horrible, horrible dragonlords? I can dig it.
>>
>>43828447
Rebels of Tarkir//Dragonfall is going to be the most satisfying block in years when it finally happens.
>>
>>43828447
Of course I was talking about old phyrexia. That was the point. Even old phyrexia was pretty much WU the faction, but it was black anyway because "black is where evil stuff goes"
Putting Ob in the "Face character" slot is like permantly painting black as the "evil" color again like Old Phyrexia was still around.

And yes, New Phyrexia is uWg, especially when someone competent takes charge of green.
>>
>>43828575
The Weatherlight Saga was originally going to have a monoblack protagonist in Crovax, though. They just fucked that up when they took the story away from Maro.
>>
>>43828615
>"They almost didn't shoot black in the foot."
What matters is what made it to consumption.
>>
>>43828636
I'd argue that what matters is the intent of the guy who's still working with the company.

The creative team that they added during Exodus was fired before Odyssey block, which is why Maro was in charge of names and flavor text for that block.
>>
>>43828530

As long as it doesn't end up being another full-circle revolution that leaves a different cadre of unlikable tyrants in charge.

>>43828575

Eh. Sorin's been a fairly prominent black-aligned planeswalker that is also the primary mover and shaker in averting the destruction of the universe. Vampire characters in general have been depicted as good guys of late.
>>
>>43828815
>Mirko Vosk
>Literally all of Innistrad
u wot
>>
File: 143.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
143.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>43828793
>I'd argue that what matters is the intent of the guy who's still working with the company.
I disagree. You can intend to portray black as just "The neutral color in it for itself" but if you make most of the characters in that color Sith Lords in training, the color is going to look like "Sith Lords go here."
It's like how Jade Empire had "The way of the closed fist" which was supposed to be "Self reliance is good for you" but from start to finish it was arrogant asshole who forcibly controls everyone through domination magic and kills the spirit of life because he wanted it's power"

>>43828872
>Sorin
>Drana
>Shadows of Innistrad because everyone has something worse to fight now.
He did say lately.
>>
>>43828872
free my nigga mirko
>>
>>43825054
He's certainly more enjoyable than Kiora's stupid ass.

Every time Kiora talks I wonder how an idiot like her is even still alive.
>>
File: Thoughtseize.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Thoughtseize.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Bump.
>>
GUYS WHA

WHAT IF

HEAR ME OUT ON THIS ONE

GUYS

WHAT IF... NAHIRI IS DRANA?
>>
>>43830036
I told you fucks back in theros she was the special needs walker but y'all didn't believe me.
Well who's laughing now?
>>
>>43831501

What if Urza is Drana
>>
>>43831501
I thought you liked Drana? Even if this did occur to you why would you mention it if you truly despise Nahiri like you say you do? In fact, how the hell did this even occur to you?
>>
>>43831696
Why even bother?
>>
>>43831721
I didn't, though? She's been turned into Perfect Mary Sue Goody Two Shoes McGee.
>>
>>43831833
So you're just trying to focus your dislike for two completely separate characters by acting like they're one and the same. And once again through Chandere's famous irrational conclusions.
>>
>>43831833
How is sacrificing children as a distraction a goody two shoes thing to do?
>>
>>43832118
They were Kor.
>>
File: chernobyl face.jpg (634 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
chernobyl face.jpg
634 KB, 1600x1200
>>43832033
>>43832118
Seriously, why do you even bother?

Well I guess there's fun in watching a retard dancing.
>>
>>43831501
Nahiri wouldn't be caught dead as Drana. Nahiri is too good for vampire filth.
>>
who would win in a fight

ulamog or sedge scorpion
>>
>>43832275
Well, at least you're not a Bloodstonefag, then. I might not hate you so much after all.
>>
>>43832392
Obviously Ulamog. Indestructible. If it's Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre then he'll just return eventually if the scorpion somehow did kill him.
>>
>>43832507
Both versions of Ulamog are indestructible.
>>
>>43832507
>>43832584

I wanna see Ulamog fight Erebos.

I dunno why.
>>
>>43832636
I want to see the Eldrazi fight the Phyrexians.
>>
>>43832784
Why? that sounds so boring, the Eldrazi win and Phyrexia is never a threat again.
>>
>>43832784

I wanna see the Eldrazi fight the Slivers.
>>
>>43832848
Just to see the bloodbath, I guess. Kind of like how it's awesome to see two huge evil armies slug it out with one another without any good guys involved. None of the "oh I need to hold back and not kill my enemies" bull. Just a pure slugfest.
>>
>>43832865
Wouldn't that just make Eldrazi Slivers?
>>
>>43833048

It'd make something beautiful and magical, that's for sure.
>>
>>43833077
So, Phyrexian Eldrazi Slivers?
>>
>>43833120
All controlled by a psychotic, manipulative Elder Dragon who wants to get his spark back.

The Multiverse is so fucked.
>>
>>43824722
>double-tapping his ass.
ayy
>>
When did Nicol Bolas become the 'big bad' so to speak of Magic, Shards of Alara?

Yawgy got rekt in Apocalypse which also ended Urza and Gerrard's storylines.

Odyssey block and Onslaught block do the whole Kamahl/Jeska/Akroma thing which introduces Mirrodin I guess as the most important outcome.

Mirrodin block, Kamigawa block, and Ravnica block all seem kind of self contained, storyline wise.

Coldsnap from what I understand is kind of a rewind to Ice Age in terms of when it happens chronologically.

Then you've got Time Spiral block which seems like the final conclusion to Dominaria's storylines, both the Weatherlight and Odyssey sections.

Then you've got la la land Lorwyn

Then finally, from what it looks to me, you can kinda consider Shards of Alara the start of modern Magic storytelling where the sets are a bunch of theme park planes all loosely connected by the super friends and Nicky B running around doing stereotypical evil mastermind shit in the background.
>>
>>43834122
Bolas was always a background villain, it's just Alara when he became more directly villain, because reasons.
>>
>>43831501
What if you should eat some kor dick
>>
>>43834122
I personally don't know. Wizards decided to randomly pull Nicol Bolas from the Legends set and decide for him to be a big bad, unless I'm missing some foreshadowing from one of the Dominaria stories

New Phyrexia and the Eldrazi are clearly bigger threats though, so I don't know what exactly he's doing now
>>
>>43834369
Really Bolas is the bigger threat than both of them, Bolas want to go back to his pre-mending power.
His pre mending power makes the Eldrazi look useless, he would shatter planes if he wasn't on a red, blue or black leyline.
Phyrexia is currently stuck on a single plane so can't be the big bad until the rez Venser and tell the corpse to make a planer ship.
>>
>>43834369
Well Bolas set in motion the events that unleashed the Eldrazi and is at least aware of the shit going down on Mirrodin since he sent Tezzeret there.

His new art card from FTV Dragons calls him "Dominaria's most ancient evil" and he's from Legends and all that. I dunno, reading up on him it seems like he didn't do anything all that relevant until Time Spiral block and now all he does is skip across the multiverse going "la la la look how evil and mysterious I am"
>>
File: Ghirapur.jpg (371 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
Ghirapur.jpg
371 KB, 750x450
So if Wizards decide to go to a new plane after Shadows over Innistrad, what kinda flavor/theme would you want the place to have?

I'd either want:
Ghirapur - For the islamo-persian artwork that makes me hnggggh

or

Medieval Slav-Land the set
>>
>>43834561
It's called Kaladesh, it's like 200% India.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (603 KB, 1490x1040) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
603 KB, 1490x1040
>>43834561
Honestly, I want to see them go to one of the Planechase card worlds that we haven't gotten to see yet. Luvion comes to mind.
>>
>>43834561
I want a mostly sea world with pirates and adventure
>>
>>43834599
That makes it even cooler.

>>43834631
I could see them incorporating that into a piratey-Caribbean themed set
>>
>>43834441
>Venser.
Why would phyrexia do that? He's just a corpse. Nothing noteworthy or special. Throw it in the vivisection pile with the rest.

More importantly Bolas "had" that power, and there's not really much he can do to get it back. He just barely went from Tarkir elder dragon-tier back to OG Elder dragon-tier with the entire block of Shards and a many year plan. The eldrazi are the biggest threat at the moment and they're kind of slow.
>>
File: bloodhill-bastion.jpg (668 KB, 1490x1040) Image search: [Google]
bloodhill-bastion.jpg
668 KB, 1490x1040
>>43834561
Equilor.
>>
>>43834561
All the flavors of Africa, the set. Featuring enemy colors.
WB Songhai
UR Europeans from across the sea
BG Witch doctor tribe summoning spirits
RW Zulu warriors
GU beast master-types
We have knight Or vampire tribal in some of WB and WR and Shaman tribal in UG and BG second set has a few wedge legends and spells to support these but no major theme of it other than "these mechanics work well together" and for the EDH crowd as they split into sides for whatever reasons
>>
>>43834859
Already done africa
And they wouldn't be able to do africa theme without making it terrible cause the PC crowd would go "Das raciss" to everyting even the slightest bit offensive, even if it is true
>>
>>43834891
>especially if it is true
ftfy
>>
>>43834891
>Already done
What was the plane?

>PC crowd.
The Pc crowd would love half of it because Songhai and Mali directly shut up the idea that blacks couldn't into civilization and the Zulu are most famous for btfo'ing the British once.

The BG faction'll basically look like voodoo time and everyone loves voodoo, and big animals are big animals.
Besides that, it's a plane of fantasy negros. It's practically immune to getting in trouble already.

>>43834930
Hush you. The sensible people are talking.
>>
>>43830036

She really comes across as a R/G walker at their most retarded. How the fuck is she blue aside from "I live in the ocean?"
>>
>>43834985
Dominaria
also you don't seem to understand how the PC crowd works, they WANT to be offended, no matter what you do to appease them you're always a bigot and wrong for some bullshit reason
>>
>>43835006
>I'm crafty because I stole a bident from Thassa!
>>
>>43835006
Blue is the color of mental disabilities
>>
>>43834561

I'd like a variety of settings, although right now I'm leaning towards Muraganda and its dinosaurs.

Really, something I WOULD like to see is a more optimistic world lore-wise where all of the factions are sympathetic. It seems like we've been playing a lot to "everyone is a fucking asshole so nobody accuses us of playing favorites" lately.
>>
>>43827925
Sadly unlikely, and this is as a Golgarifag.

Vraska committed the highest sin possible in Magic: opposing Jace.
>>
>>43835022
Well not if the MtG team has half a brain about doing it. Maybe do a company retreat to Kenya or something while leaving behind a team of artists and researchers to work with locals to get a feel of how to design the set.

That way they remain true to the material and the SJW crowd cant call them out for being racist, instead they're being "culturally conscientious"
>>
>>43835058
The Dragonlords were pretty cool, glad the clans are gone though: they were all cunts
>>
>>43835111
No, then it's cultural appropriation
You can not win with these people cause they don't want you to actually listen, they want to be offended
>>
>>43835133
Reported
>>
>>43835093
But there's never been a single planeswalker that's met Jace other than Nissa that hasn't been against him at some point.
>>
>>43835133

Oh yeah, because the genocidal fascist death-lizards are so much better.
>>
File: 13241234.png (28 KB, 126x127) Image search: [Google]
13241234.png
28 KB, 126x127
Racism is bad.
>>
>>43835022
>>43835146
>>43835111
I understand it perfectly. Enough to know it's been ungracefully imploding in on itself a while now because of how it's looped back around.
Africa plane would be no different for showing WotC multicultural mindset and not displaying all of Africa's history as "savage savages being savage"
Your fear of the PC crowd is unfounded. It's not some unified front and complaining about negros would just lead to "fuck off racist" bouncing inside itself.

>Dominaria
Yeah, no one counts Dominaria on these. Dominaria had no theme and neither did it's land. It was just "fantasy plane"
>>
>>43835175
Guest starring Kim jong un
>>
>>43835111
>Maro gets kidnapped by ISIS
>gets let go a couple of days later
>couple of months go by and a disproportionate amount of ISIS funds being diverted to Magic cards.
>>
>>43835165
Except that Chandra, Gideon, Liliana, and the rest all are heroes of their own stories. Vraska is set up as the antithesis to Azorious Jace, so she'll get no coverage.
>>
>>43835191
You're the one who doesn't understand the PC crowd
And what is mirage block
>>
>>43835133
I like some of the dragonlords simply because some of the khans are better characters under them then on their own like Surrak and Sidisi.
>>
>>43834848
Is this reverse Mirrodin? Everything is made of flesh?
>>
>>43835175
Hey,they did nothing wrong
>>
File: the-eon-fog.jpg (622 KB, 1490x1040) Image search: [Google]
the-eon-fog.jpg
622 KB, 1490x1040
>>43835223
Not really, but is the oldest plane in existence.
>>
>>43835198
Dude, next time we go to Ravnica she's get plenty of focus, we have the whole Tesyas ten thing that has to happen, and they need a Golgari representative. And Vraskas catching up was about how she wanted the Golgari to be recognized for their work.
>>
>>43835212
You seem to understand what /pol/, /tg/, and most of 4chan have told you about it, which have inflated it to some super master death cult Selesnya meets Golgari juggernaut. It's nowhere near that.
Especially since plenty of media have started mocking them.

A single block on a part of a plane that no longer exists is nowhere near the same as a full plane having a block.
>>
>>43835261
I've actually interacted with these people
>>
>>43825835
Its weird now they don't have a little preview of the story in those boxes.
>>
File: utWyKWR.png (2 MB, 3108x2028) Image search: [Google]
utWyKWR.png
2 MB, 3108x2028
>>43835261
You....you havent been to a university have you?
>>
>>43835299
Nevermind!

-NEXT TIME ON THE SEASON FINALE OF UNCHARTED REALMS-

>EPISODE 14: PROMISES TO KEEP

>Chandra Nalaar remains on the plane of Regatha, far from Zendikar's woes. She has refused to join the others in the exhilarating fight on Zendikar, promising instead to become the dutiful Abbot of Keral Keep.
>>
>>43835328
Great, Lady PMS to the rescue
>>
>>43835328
I would love if they made a completely new 'walker just for him to only appear in a story where gideon asks for his help on zendikar and he says "No, fuck that place"
>>
>>43835350
Anyone is better than Kiora at this point.
>>
Do you guys think Gideon uses his hieromancy chains to sex?
>>
File: tumblr_m8bhebEiMv1qlhjo6o2_500.gif (977 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8bhebEiMv1qlhjo6o2_500.gif
977 KB, 500x213
>>43835361
>>
>>43835387
>Kytheon will never wear his glorious manskirt again
>>
>>43835376
The fuck are you on? Kiora's the best walker we've seen in the story since Dragons of Tarkir.
>>
>>43835376
Kiora may be a shit talking bitch but she can be kept under control with a little help from jace.

Chandra is a living nuke.
>>
>>43835391
Basically that. They could appear and be important later in the plot but it'd be hilarious if their first appearance was telling the main plot to fuck off cause they're busy or don't care
>>
>>43835406
Make that a semi-sapient living nuke
>>
>>43835403
Well at least untill we return to theros.
>>
>>43834122
Time Spiral. That's when he came back and started wrecking shit.
>>
>>43835361

I still privately hope one day we find out that Sarkhan did not in fact negate his own existence.

There is in fact Alternate Timeline Vol, a guy who grew up on a plane where scaly dickheads ruined everything forever. He hates dragons. Hates 'em, hates 'em, hates 'em.

When he ignited his spark running away from the horrible, horrible dragons, he gleefully NOPE'd the fuck out of Tarkir forever to go in search of a plane where there are no dragons at all and live there for the rest of his life.

Dragons being iconic, his hopes are dashed again and again, but the guy keeps on trucking. Every time he sees a huge winged shadow fall over the ground, he thinks to himself that he wishes he could go back in time and slap the shit out of that guy the Artaka say brought about the ascendancy of the Dragonlords.
>>
>>43835425
oh no shes sapient as much as a hipster is, but just on permanent PMS
>>
>>43835426
Why would Gideon go back to Theros? And when we go back he probably wouldn't be there, we've already go 2 white walkers stuck there don't need 3 white walkers in one block.
>>
>>43835444
better than special needs fish and her magic fork
>>
>>43835292
>>43835322
>Interacted with a few people
I know they're not taken as seriously as they should. Girls mock tumblr feminists, blacks wish the BLM movement would shut up because goddamn is that embarrassing.
Welcome to social extremism. It was popular for a bit, and now it's waning as people start realizing that they're crazy.
SJWs tried to bully someone to suicide for fanart and the fandom and creators shit on them for it.
Playasia and fans of DOA are shitting on them right now.
Fire Emblem SJWs aren't sure whether to be mad at the Bride class or celebrate it.
It has become sexist to women to be gay, and they're shitting on themselves for that.
It's a giant free-for-all and you have to be /pol/-tier stupid to get them all against you.
Yeah, you'll get some calling you racist for the sake of it. Then you'll get a lot more saying "Shut up, do you not want blacks in magic? What are you racist?"
Rakdos wish they could make bloodbaths that bad.
>>
>>43835455
The issue is that wizards is NOT one of the companies that is mocking them, rather they try to listen to every mouth breather that says "DAS RACISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" if they had more of a spine then I wouldn't care but since they don't it could only end poorly for everyone involved
>>
>>43835453
Simply put he's gonna talk to kiora eventually and find out all the crap that went down, almost everyone comes back home at some point.

Plus even I would want to know how she did that if I was in his shoes.

Thirdly, It gives the opportunity to bring in more enchantment creatures and glorious fun with new Daxos and Returned Elspeth
>>
guys what if the phyrexian eldrazi slivers team up with bolas to destroy nahiri forever

sorin can finally be a father again
>>
>>43835488
But I like Nahiri

She can rip open planets
>>
File: believing in dubs threads.jpg (42 KB, 500x428) Image search: [Google]
believing in dubs threads.jpg
42 KB, 500x428
>>43835488
>>
>>43835432
How would an anti-dragon walker work?
>-2: destroy target dragon
>>
>>43835485
We're getting mono-red Gideon before a Returned Elspeth it means never, but anyway we've got Elspeth and Ajani in Theros right now, so that's two white walkers, Dack and Ashiok so there's only one walker left to join return and they definitely can't be white or blue.
>>
>>43835455
This guy>>43835478 has a point. Magic has become very SJW recently, just look at PAX, they brought in Wil Wheaton and the BL2 bitch for chrissake nevermind that red haired cunt. Then theres the matter of slowing down standard to snail on tar speed with BFZ to make it "welcoming for newcomers"
>>
>>43835485

It's been made pretty clear that Elspeth has given a big "fuck THAT" to putting on a mask and losing herself forever to be a fucking zombie, and since she's a planeswalker, she doesn't have to play by the same rules as the natives. She can escape while staying a planeswalker.

A Return To Theros that stirred shit up with its asshole gods and delivered better on enchantments rather than being heroes vs monsters with an enchantment subtheme would rock.
>>
>>43835478
>>43835551
This isn't what you're getting. The minority of SJWs will well that's racist. Then you'll have black players saying "No it isn't, I love having other niggas in the game" and most of the SJWs will side with the negros because they'll say stuff like "Wizards was respectful." "Look at how diverse they are." "Anyone who hates "Name of Block" is racist. You're thinking it's on huge reaction, when it's actually about 17 all attacking each other.
>>
>>43835549
If Ajani stays green/white, it'll have to be a GR Planeswalker to make each color (assuming colors below) represented twice.

Elspeth - BW
Ajani - WG
Dack - UR
Ashiok - UB
??? - GR
>>
>>43835567
You forget its like a seagull from Finding Nemo screaming MINE! Once one SJW screams it, the rest follow like a flock.
>>
>>43835567
You underestimate the ability of these people to blow things out of proportion
They also don't listen to the opinions of the people they "Defend"
>>
>>43835586
Where does the Elspeth going black idea come from? the keeping up with the planeswalkers said she has only become more set in her ways.
I'd make it:
Elspeth: W
Ajani: WGR
Dack: UR
Ashiok: UB
Garruk or Vraska.
>>
>>43835596
>>43835605
And you haven't noticed how any of those self implosions have gone, have you? So quick to cry boogeyman for something that's already deflating itself and is quickly becoming irrelevant. That'd be quick to fight itself even over that.
That's racist
is followed by No your racist
Which is followed by I like it, you guys hate it because your racist.
This is literally how EVERYTHING they've tried has been going lately.
>>
>>43835644
Because she got stabbed through the gut and wrenched up through her heart with Godsend by Heliod. Last we saw her Erebos was escorting her lifeless body to Nyx. She's probably going to become Returned because its the only way to get out of the place
>>
>>43835674

But Creative has said multiple times now that it ISN'T the only way to get out if you have a spark.

And zombies can't be planeswalkers. So she's obviously not going to turn into one.

Geez.
>>
>>43835644
Basically >>43835674 said it. I only put black because she seems like she's come back as a Returned, and since WB seems to be popular with dead people... She could also come back as a full white Planeswalker, seeing as there are tons of Spirit cards that are mono white.
>>
>>43835674
That would remove the whole point of Dack breaking into the underworld when she could literally just walk out, albeit at the sacrifice of her spark and personality given that the Returned are zombies.
>>
>>43835699
she isnt a zombie, its more of a sentient undead. Zombies are basically rotting puppets.
>>
>>43835699
neither could demons
>>
>>43835721
And they can't. Ob Nixilis is a human cursed into a demonic form.
>>
>>43835717
But the Returned are bodies separated from their souls which creative has said removes a planeswalkers spark.
>>
>>43835674

"Here, most ordinary humans would be doomed to dwell in the eternal gray realm or to surrender their identities and become the Returned. But Elspeth is no ordinary human. Despite her tragic end, she still holds her reasons for upholding her honor close to her heart: her deep love for Theros, her companions, and the innocents that she has sworn to protect."
>>
>>43835717

Returned are still soulless, and you can't be a planeswalker if you don't have a soul. It would still snuff Elspeth's spark and undo literally all of her character development if she went out that way. It'd be pointless.

Since her body was stabbed through, Elspeth might gain spiritual powers from coming back, but she's not gonna slap on a mask and become an entirely different character who happens to share a name.

Elspeth The Returned could never be a Planeswalker without a MASSIVE retcon of how Theros and the Spark work. At best, Elspeth's Eidolon would retain her powers. There is no scenario where the body wearing a mask is the walker.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.