[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: He'll yiff you up.jpg (387 KB, 943x1080) Image search: [Google]
He'll yiff you up.jpg
387 KB, 943x1080
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Online charsheet:
http://howsfamily.net/Exalted
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Lunar edition. Anyone playing a Lunar? How are Lunars used in your game? Anyone found their Lunar/Solar Mate?
>>
Remember Morke and Holden are liars.
>>
>Invite a friend to an Exalted game and let them figure out chargen for themself
>When they finish and give you their character sheet you notice for Limit Break they put Omni Slash

How would you play it out, /exg/?
>>
>>43816012
I'm not playing a Lunar right now because they're not in 3E yet, and I don't want to go back to 1E/2E.

That said, I want to be a badger totem lunar based on Guts from Berserk.
>>
>>43816099
They start omni slashing everyone they consider a fucker.
>>
File: rape sloth.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
rape sloth.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>43816012
>>43816105
I hope Lunars book comes out soon (yeah yeah). I have been dying to play a sloth totem Lunar since I got into Exalted. Sadly the ST wanted everyone to be Solars for our original campaign, which ended up lasting long and my Dawn staying alive despite his tendency towards stupid heroic antics.

I would tell people cool ass wisdoms about shit and hang from a tree and chill. I would also get a "while hanging from a tree" specialty for EVERYTHING. Aww yiss. Picture also related.
>>
>>43816012
We mostly use Lunars as reskinned orcs.
>>
File: Lion.jpg (114 KB, 900x1058) Image search: [Google]
Lion.jpg
114 KB, 900x1058
>>43816099
Whenever they botch an attack roll and the enemy they botched against escapes or has time to make their lives difficult or fuck something up that they cared about (even if the attack wouldn't have made a difference) they gain Limit.

There is only one slash, and that slash is All. Every stumbled ending is a missed note in the symphony of Creation.
>>
>>43816325

this tb
>>
>>43816012
I've got 2 Lunars statted up in my 3E game, using a rough basis of what I expect out of them

One's a renowned raider of Realm cargo transports from the North who(at least according to legends/stores) carries a harpy eagle with her everywhere, the other is a thief that mostly steals shit from the Guild and has a fox as his true form.

Either of them may end up being romanced by the players, but I'm not assigning shit yet since we've only had 1 session.
>>
What sort of things might a sword forged with a 3CD be able to do?
>>
>>43817946

It's almost certainly Artifact N/A or Artifact 5 at the VERY least, so "whatever it fucking wants to do."

Depending on which 3CD in particular, we could be talking "a blade that cuts sunbeams out of the air, casting the whole region into a corrupting darkness" (Erembour) or "a hammer that explodes in a holocaust of cold fire whenever it strikes the ground" (Ligier)
>>
Alchemical guy here.

Newest update to the Alchemical list.

>Didn't you say you were doing Infernals

I originally only wanted to edit a few things, but what happened was a few things spiraled into many.

Rest assured I do want to work on Infernals now. Unless there are any game shattering charms, I want to move onto something else. I can't think of very many new charm ideas for Alchemicals anywho.
>>
Catch a complete noob/newb up on Exalted lore whose curious about the subject but hates weeb shit. Is there Knights?
>>
>>43818634

Not unless you put them in. There are Samurai variants though. Kind of. Tons of warrior monks though.
>>
>>43818634
>>43818683

The Underworld is more Western than Creation is; if you're gonna find Arthur-style knights anywhere, it'll be there. (See: Deathknights)
>>
>>43818718

>maim, murder, kill
>Arthur-style knights

kek
>>
>>43818718
>The Underworld is more Western than Creation is
Never understood why this is.
>>
File: 1445804078636.jpg (193 KB, 864x702) Image search: [Google]
1445804078636.jpg
193 KB, 864x702
>>43818345
Sweet, thanks
>>
>>43819136
West is more murderhobo.
Have you not heard of crusades?
>>
>>43819136
because western culture is death of the human soul
>>
>>43819136
Because it's cool.

More serious answer: The Underworld came into being because the Exalted Host killed a pack of Buddhists so hard they died like Christians; it only stands to reason that the Underworld is far more gothic and Western (dark) fantasy than the Eastern living world.
>>
So, uh, if you make Medium mortal weapons into artefacts, they count as Light artefacts yes? And heavy mortals as Medium artefacts?
>>
>>43819223

Why would you assume that?

The "durr huge" thing? If a player really, really wanted his greatsword to become a Medium weapon when it got ascended/reforged/whatever, I wouldn't stop him, but otherwise I tend to throw out that lore being a rule.

It's nonsensical that EVERY artifact weapon is a huger version of its mortal self.
>>
>>43818634
Y'know, part of the reason Creation is huge, and has been made more huge in 3e, is so that there's plenty of empty space to slip in lost kingdoms and shit.

If someone wants to come from or operate in a forgotten kingdom that is basically Arthurian in flavor, it's not at all unreasonable.
>>
How would one make Mass Effects Omnitool into an Alchemical Charm? I'm saying Alchemical because while an Omnitool might be cool artifact the principle behind its composition, whichever setup you go with, is the same. It's basically a Moonsilver frame similar to a glove covered in weird flowing script, at the knuckles and elbow are shaped pieces of Blue Jade embedded with Frozen Lightning. In the palm of the glove is a handle made of Starmetal. By gripping the handle a projection of frozen light forms around forearm of the person wearing the glove, this projection can change shape a a moments notice.

As it stands, I have no clue what the hell this would actually do, maybe it offers some kind of passive bonus to whatever it is you are using it for at the time. but at the moment I have nno clu what I came up with this.
>>
>>43819936

Omnitool Implant

Done.

I'll paste the entry I wrote for my 3e version, minus the submodules.

OMNITOOL IMPLANT
Cost : 4m [1m]; Mins : Wits 3, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive
Keywords : None
Duration : Indefinite
Prerequisite charms : None

This Charm fits into an Alchemical’s hands. Upon activation, the character’s hands dissolve into
a churning of pulleys, gears, bars and bits to reconfigure themselves on the fly into any
combination of tools desired. These utilities range from basic screwdrivers, hammers, and pens
to advanced Essence calibration devices such as hyperion keys and valgrind couplers. This
tool can be used with the statistics of a light weapon, but that’s not it’s true purpose. The
Alchemical suffers no penalty to working without tools on any action where he’d need one, and
amongst one of the finest tools ever made, giving an additional four die equipment bonus on
any check that involves using the tools (aside from attacking people).

Cosmetic details, such as using the a feature of the Omnitool to do a Champion’s fingernails
while she listens through a boring speech, are encouraged for free.

Off the bat you have a few things:

- A +4 item dice bonus on anything you can use the tools on, minus using them in fighting to hit someone.
- Always count as having the proper tools for an action. Be it surgery, lockpicking, crafting, writing, etc...

A welcome but not overpowering bonus.
>>
>>43820013
...You are way better at this than me, you know that?
>>
>>43819207
But the Crusades were nowhere near as bloody as ever other religiously charged conquest or cleansing, including Buddhism.
>>
>your player says they want to make a loyal human into a super powerful guardian doing a Solar 3 working Finesse 3 and says that they just want the human to stay human looking and leave their mind unchanged

What do?
>>
>>43818345
You da bes, homebrew splat anon.
>>43819936
Omnitools as holograms or smartphones doesn't really fit Autochthonia, but >>43820013 is great for their actual use.
>>43820504
No. Less Ambition/Circle, Finesse 5.
>>
Would Blue Water be an appropriate Sorcerous Archetype/Shaping Ritual?
>>
>>43820569
>Blue Water
What is that?
>>
File: 1447369508023.gif (331 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
1447369508023.gif
331 KB, 275x200
>>43820599
I bet you don't know Sailor Moon either.
>>
>>43820623
I indeed have not watched it, yes. Now tell me what this blue water is so I can help you homebrew, damn it.
>>
>>43820013
Hmm, this could work well for a Starmetal Alchemical.
>>
Did the first age have plumbing and toilets?
>>
>>43821154
In palaces and other important places, sort of.
>>
>>43821154
Holdenmorke's BRONZE AGE FUREVA 3e First Age?

Who knows, probably

1e and 2e First Ages

Yes
>>
>>43821296
>Holdenmorke
Is that like Gogmagog?
>>
File: 1447183998262.jpg (264 KB, 898x1300) Image search: [Google]
1447183998262.jpg
264 KB, 898x1300
>>43821177
>>43821296
>>43821154
Not actual mechanical plumbing, but indoor springs and matter annihilator toilets, both created by Workings or spells, sure.
>>
>>43821303
No, it's like Voldemort crossed with Gork and Mork.
>>
>>43821317
Grougaloragran?
>>
>>43821586
>implying Holdemorke will ever be as badass.
>>
What's the release schedule again?
>>
>>43822485
Core
Arms of the Chosen
The Realm
Dragonblooded: Blood and Fire
Exigents IIRC
>>
>>43822485
>>43822536

Core
Quickstart
Arms of the Chosen
The Realm
Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought
Towers of the Mighty
Exigents
Different Skies
>>
>>43822536
>Dragonblooded: Blood and Fire
Actually, it's Dragonblooded: What Fire Has Wrought. And aren't they supposed to come before Realm book?
>>
>>43822588
>Different Skies
What's that?
>>
>>43822603
Setting book for the West and the Confederation of Rivers/Scavenger Lands
>>
File: blrfgh.png (704 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blrfgh.png
704 KB, 1280x720
>>43822536
>>43822588
>mfw I will never see the Lunars book come out in my lifetime
>mfw even if it comes out, it will probably be garbage
Being Lunar is suffering.
>>
>>43822594

That's not what the OPP website says.
>>
>>43822625
See >>43816092
>>
>>43820648
Hell, I've seen Sailor Moon, and I still have no idea what he's talking about.
>>
So has anyone made a martial artist? What are they like?

Does your GM add a thriving martial arts community to the world, like Kung Fu Hustle or Ip Man? Or is Martial Arts something rare except for by the Dragon Blooded?
>>
>>43818732
Why not both?

To be murdered in Exalted is to simply move from one state of being to another one, whether it is reincarnation, or an arguably superior existance as a ghost.
>>
>>43822594
I'm pretty sure it's still "What Fire Has Wrought" but honestly Blood and Fire makes more sense for a DB tagline. But it's AWFULLY Targaryen...

...Would the Targaryens be a good model for Dynasts?
>>
>>43823856
Dynasts? Yes.
Dragon-Blooded? Ehhhh, I imagine them more as Solars.
>>
>>43823936
I dunno, they inbreed to keep their bloodlines pure, and are the ones with the power of life and death in a continent sized empire.

Solars are powerful, yes, but they start out with very little in terms of political power if you start out the game in RY 768.
>>
>>43823856
>>43823936
They're not really Solar at all though. Other guy was right, they're an inbred line of Dynasts with fewer Dragon-blooded each generation.
>>
>>43824008
Well, at the least, Rhaegar was probably a Solar.

His insanity is clearly the result of the Great Curse.
>>
>>43824050
I'd definitely buy Arthur Dayne as a Solar.
>>
>>43824050
>>43824076

I would read a fic about Ned Stark getting decapitated at the Sept of Baelor like canon, only to then coming back as a Deathknight.

And he would suffer from Resonance any time he tried to interact with or aid his family in ways that didn't involve slaughtering Lannisters I guess!
>>
>>43824125
>Lady Stoneheart
You know that would be fairly interesting, except as an Exalted-crossover-fic it would just be Game of Thrones with a higher power level so that the the writer can wank over Arya or Jon.
>>
>>43824125
He'd be more likely to come back as a Liminal, really.

Now Lady Stoneheart, THERE'S an Abyssal.
>>
>>43824191
>He'd be more likely to come back as a Liminal, really.
Nobody 'comes back' as a Liminal, Liminals are just born as corpses. At least that's the impression I've gotten.
>>
>>43824219
Pretty much. Whatever Liminal that results would LOOK like him, yes, but would be their own person in every other way.
>>
>>43824219
>>43824243
Yeah, that's what I meant, my bad.

And let's also not forget Robert Strong.
>>
Wargs would probably have to be wyld mutants, or a new kind of Terrestrial. They don't fit as Lunars.
>>
>>43824324
They could just be thaumaturges.
>>
>>43824384
Unique ritual plus familiar merit would basically cover it, yeah.
>>
>>43822588
Missed Path of Brigid, the sorcery book. Which OPP generously assumes is Spring 2016.
>>
>>43824443

So I did.

>Spring 2016
>Laughing Kelso.gif
>>
>>43824443
OPP are a bit retarded about these things, Morke and Holden for all their faults don't actually give release dates.
>>
>>43824443
It is good that they realize that Sorcery has the best new mechanics.
>>
>>43820050

First thing of homebrewing, always see if something else currently exists.

Granted I don't blame anyone for not trying at times with the sheer number of charms.
>>
In 2nd ed, how do you determine how much xp to give and how much xp charms cost?
>>
>>43825011
For which splat?
>>
>>43823432
I kinda feel like the martial arts aspect has been nerfed a bit. Mostly because...it's pretty much impossible for heroic mortals to reach above their station. They're pretty much shit. At least in the older editions by climbing the lotus flower of martial arts. It made martial arts seem more of a thing inherent to the world.
>>
>>43825040
core rulebook 2nd ed
>>
File: xp.png (566 KB, 828x446) Image search: [Google]
xp.png
566 KB, 828x446
>>43825011 (checked)
"AWARDING EXPERIENCE
The Storyteller awards experience at the end of every session.
There are fi ve main sources of experience:
Basic Award: 4 points. Players who show up receive this
award. Four to fi ve hours of play is a good benchmark for a session,
so if you run signifi cantly shorter sessions you can reduce
the amount to two points. Longer regular sessions could award
six, but this applies only to games planned for around seven or
more hours, not sessions that occasionally “run long.”
Bonus Award: 1 point. If a player comes up with something
really cool, makes everybody in the game collapse with
laughter or portrays a character particularly well, hand out this
award at the end of the session. Be sure to award good ideas
as well as good acting, for some players are uncomfortable being
the center of attention. Others have a hard time making
everybody laugh. This should be an award for good play, not a
personality bonus.
Stunt Award: 1 point. Once per session, a player can opt
to receive this award when the Storyteller confi rms a natural
three-die stunt. The Storyteller records this and provides it to
the player when next awarding experience. Players who opt
to take this award do not also regain Essence or Willpower.
Players cannot achieve this award again until after receiving
their next basic award, no matter how many three-die stunts
they perform.
Story Award: 5 points. The players accomplished a
signifi cant story goal, either set for themselves or determined
secretly by you. If you fi nd yourself handing out this award
more than once every three sessions, you need to make the
story award more diffi cult to accomplish. If you award it less
than once every eight sessions, you need to create more easily
attainable goals.
Long-Term Award: Variable. Occasionally, a Storyteller
might determine that months or years pass between games,
and during this time, players earn a basic trickle of experience."
>>
Would a sustained Charm that makes people think you're wearing clothes when you're not be a Presence or Stealth Charm?
>>
>>43825238
Thanka you aso much
>>
>>43825336

Probably Socialize, actually, if it's purely for the sake of avoiding the faux pas.
>>
Not really sure it's Solar charm territory. Maybe if it was a hypnotism effect that you had to do someone, rather than something passive.
>>
>>43825370
Carrying yourself in such a way that being publicly naked seems perfectly proper and dignified as long as it's you would be more of an appropriate Solar Charm, I'd say.
>>
>>43825417
Oh definitely, not taking penalties for a 'faux pas' sounds like a perfect upgrade to Mastery of Small Manners. People treat you like a foreign dignitary with strange customs and don't mind that you're butt-naked.
>>
>>43822618

Two... ends of Creation in one book?

Unexpected to say the least.
>>
>>43822621

Don't worry anon, Alchemical guy has your back here!

FLESH-TEARING ENTANGLEMENT
Cost: - (1WP); Mins: Strength 5, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Jaws of the River Dragon

The Lunar savagely shakes their opponent to and fro just like the mighty hunter of the East, literally shaking their opponent apart. This charm enhances it's prerequsite for one willpower. Whenever a ravaging withering attack is made the Lunar may turn up to (Strength) post soak die into automatic successes or add up to (Strength) dice on a decisive ravaging attack.

A victim may decide to negate this extra damage however by voluntarily electing to lose a limb or by lowering one of her physical attributes by 1 for the rest of the scene.

I don't actually have your back as I'm not doing Lunars.
>>
>>43826340
"If you do not yield, then I will be forced to turn you...into Jelleah."
>>
>>43826340
>by voluntarily electing to lose a limb or by lowering one of her physical attributes by 1 for the rest of the scene.
Lowering a physical attribute by 1 for the rest of the scene is a far better choice than losing a limb. Like, no contest.

Even if the limb loss would be until end of scene, as well, 1 less die > potential inability to wield your weapon, or shitty balance, or any other major downside that is inherent to losing a limb. It's not even a choice.
>>
>>43826610

Well if people really want to keep their attribute dots...

This also fucks with your dice cap too.

Also note I literally made the charm in 30 seconds, balance was an afterthought.
>>
Would/could a Neomah Sorcerous initiation be a thing?
>>
>>43827291

Mmmaybe. It'd either have to be from an especially-powerful and unique Neomah, or from Neomah, like, as a concept. A sorcerer who initiated by being infused with a shitload of Neomah-ness somehow.

I wouldn't STOP it, but it'd need a little extra oomph to really feel right.
>>
>>43820013
If only there was a way to mount four of these.
3!2!1! UCHU KITAAAAAA!
>>
>>43827355
Or they could figure out / make up which 2CD neomah are most directly related to, and use that.

I forget which one is the Mommy Issues yozi. Probably one of hers.
>>
>>43820541

>No. Less Ambition/Circle, Finesse 5.

Well you can make one using Solar 3. I mean it says it right in what it does. And even with Finesse 5 the player does not really care about what powers it has other then "can it defend others?" I mean that is leaving a lot in my lap and so even with Celestial 3 or something I am still at a loss. Anybody have any cool ideas?
>>
>>43827403
Play a better system

baka senpai
>>
>>43827557
>Or they could figure out / make up which 2CD neomah are most directly related to, and use that
Berengiere made 'em
>>
Urskr posted on the forum, even Anathema is having trouble with Craft.
>>
>>43828173
Is it a status update or just complaining? If the former, please link.
>>
>>43828209

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/474023-state-of-anathema-for-third-edition/page7

He's also published the WIP code, so you can go through it yourself.
>>
>>43828237
>He's also published the WIP code, so you can go through it yourself.
can you actually dl the code and use it yet? How does it look?
>>
>>43828253

You can dl and go through it, but I haven't had a chance to go through everything in depth or try to compile it.
>>
>>43816012
>How are Lunars used in your game?

I ran a circle of Lunars as the main antagonists of the party in the first story-arc.

Having players that don't have any preconsived notions about them is great. I can actually have fun with my god-monsters.

At least until their book comes out.
>>
>>43828321
So basically forever.
>>
>>43828386
Happy days
>>
>>43827557
>>43827708
Berengiere, the Weaver of Voices
DEMON OF THE SECOND CIRCLE, THE INDULGENT SOUL OF THE GREEN SUN

When the first green rays of Ligier shined down on a thing of beauty and that wicked luminary paused to admire the craftsmanship, there was born Berengiere. The Weaver of Voices is beautiful in form, with luscious curves beneath crimson-veined clothing that murmurs in a thousand quiet voices rather than rustling as cloth does. Her fingers are delicately shaped into rending points and dusted with aconite. Although a face seems to hide, demure and tempting behind the veil she wears, those who move it aside are instead assailed by a landslide of brass dust and igneous rock, which pours forth until her veil is allowed to fall back into place.

Berengiere is bound to defend the boneyard where the remains of an unknown fetich—slain most artfully—are interred, but she is always anxious to flee that duty. When she is not bound there, she indulges in her preferred pastime, the creation of fabric woven from stolen voices.

The stronger the emotion that impels the voice, the finer and stronger the cloth. Different emotions make for a variety of uses. Cloth-of-torture chafes terribly but is excellent armor, while cloth-of-apathy is light, diaphanous and tears easily. The strongest of her weavings is cloth-of-true-love, and it is all but impenetrable. Mortals whose voice she steals do eventually learn to speak again, but some have given their assent to have their voices snatched forevermore. From these rare treasures, Berengiere creates wonders.
>>
>>43828540
Summoning: (Obscurity 2/3) Summoners call upon Berengiere for aid in creating things of cloth, for there are few better weavers. Berengiere has also been used to silence an enemy or to act as a lover or a translator. Berengiere’s lust for passion-filled voices is such that any voice lost in a moment of great passion—whether someone screams himself mute in denial of the death of a loved one or professes undying love with an injury or illness of the throat—winds its way to Berengiere in her boneyard. There, she snatches at the thread and quickly follows it back up, into Creation. Old wives caution those with sore throats and laryngitis to remain calm and not speak, though they themselves rarely understand the reasons why.
>>
>>43828553
>and quickly follows it back up, into Creation. Old wives caution those with sore throats and laryngitis to remain calm and not speak, though they themselves rarely understand the reasons why.
Random stuff like this is what I like in Exalted and Elder Scrolls.
Like the Nail of Truth.

>One thousand Immaculate temples gleam in the port city of Pneuma, their façades layered with arabesques. Bells ring; prayer wheels spin; the drone of sutras fills the air.
>Crowds part to make way for lines of monks as they pace from station to monastery to shrine, in an endless cycle of devotions to the little gods of the North.
>Pneuma’s greatest temple, the Nail of Truth, is a looming tower of blue-white marble that overshadows the rest of the city. Carved from a single monolithic mass of stone, legend says that Mela hurled it from the sky like a spear to crush an Anathema beneath it. The Nail is off-limits to mortal petitioners, for it’s there that Northern gods negotiate with Immaculate lamas over their place in the Order’s calendar.
>It is known that the Wyld Hunt maintains a prison beneath the Nail where captured Anathema are held for transport to the Blessed Isle. It is said to be a place of inquisition and torture, where the sutras of the Immaculate Dragons burn in the cursed flesh of the reviled, marking them as unclean. What is not known is that the Sidereals have long used the Nail of Truth for the processing and forceful recalibration of illegal Exigents.
>>
File: Kamen_Rider_Fourze.jpg (113 KB, 342x458) Image search: [Google]
Kamen_Rider_Fourze.jpg
113 KB, 342x458
>>43827403
While I felt Fourze was one of the most light-hearted of the Heisei series by far, it had the single most intense transformation sequence in the entire franchise.
>>
>>43829686
>not Shin Kamen Rider Prologue
>>
>>43828540
>>43828553
Now there's someone I wouldn't mind getting sorcery from.
>>
>>43829939
Shaping rituals include stealing voices, uhh... And something?
>>
>>43821154
No
>>
>>43826340
Guy who's actually doing Lunar's here, up from their attempts to sleep forever

I can totally add this in (probably with a bit of re-balancing) if Alchie guy is cool with it
>>
post big breasted exalted
>>
File: 1446706721407.jpg (231 KB, 658x972) Image search: [Google]
1446706721407.jpg
231 KB, 658x972
>>43832337
I don't have much.
>>
File: 1411401151579.jpg (900 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
1411401151579.jpg
900 KB, 900x1273
>>43832337
>>
File: 1408971837505.jpg (220 KB, 850x1133) Image search: [Google]
1408971837505.jpg
220 KB, 850x1133
>>43832337
>>
File: 1428734460337.jpg (80 KB, 736x981) Image search: [Google]
1428734460337.jpg
80 KB, 736x981
>>43832337
>>
File: 1442529336608.png (4 MB, 2543x3421) Image search: [Google]
1442529336608.png
4 MB, 2543x3421
>>43832337
>>
File: 1446703480600.jpg (38 KB, 611x768) Image search: [Google]
1446703480600.jpg
38 KB, 611x768
>>43832337
>>
File: 2006-11-20-37123.jpg (214 KB, 1167x1398) Image search: [Google]
2006-11-20-37123.jpg
214 KB, 1167x1398
>>
File: 1445375485760.jpg (206 KB, 541x764) Image search: [Google]
1445375485760.jpg
206 KB, 541x764
>>
>>43818345
Ah, you mentioned putting in a module for general use of the Piston hammer with all wielded weapons? Slipped your mind, I guess?
>>
When you take Martial Arts as a Supernal, do you take a specific MA, or MA as a whole?
>>
>>43833215
All MA
>>
>>43833215
All styles are supernal for you.
>>
File: 1443472260773.jpg (654 KB, 842x1190) Image search: [Google]
1443472260773.jpg
654 KB, 842x1190
>>
>>43831883

By all means go ahead.
>>
>>43833197

Oops.

That it did.

I'll add it to the google doc when I return home.
>>
File: 1329083799289.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1329083799289.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
http://pastebin.com/bwdhBA7V
Someone other than the Lunar Guy What Does The Lunars taking a stab at it. I have a feeling that doing the Supernal thing for Attributes might get shot down, but it seems like it'd be okay.
>>
>>43833455
Thank you.
>>
>>43833518
Hi there. Lunar Guy What Does the Lunars here. Are you trying to take Alchieguy-Senpai's affection from me? You bitch! I'll fucking kill you!

But no seriously. Looks neat. I'm going with 9/7/5 Character creation, and supernal attributes too. Mostly, I'm leaning for "I'd rather have overpowered Lunars than underpowered Lunars yet again", so that's probably influencing my design decisions.
>>
File: 1312848079306.jpg (47 KB, 516x800) Image search: [Google]
1312848079306.jpg
47 KB, 516x800
>>43833601
Oh, Yandere Lunar Guy, you're so quaint, thinking you can kill what's already dead.

I was going to aim for something similar to alchiesempai's work, just a simple conversion. Might have to rework the knacks, though, since they're all Essence 2 in requirements and not being able to be a field mouse totem makes me a little sad.
>>
>>43833692
I'm mostly doing a conversion too, but I am adding in charms myself. I mean, they're terrible charms, but.

In fact! Here is one such terribly unbalanced charm that I just made and am probably gonna have to tweak like a ton!

UNBREAKING SILVER TALONS
Cost: 4m; Mins: Strength 3, Essence 1
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Shifting, Revelator
Duration: Indefinite
The Lunars limb shift and twist into a shape more suited for grabbing, often into painful looking talons. Though many more shapes are available. One of the Lunars limbs, along with aforementioned obvious deformity, becomes immune to disarming effects as its grip refuses to shift. Any two handed weapon wielded with that limb is considered to be wielded with two hands despite the actual hand quantity. Or foot quantity. It’s a flexible charm. In addition, in a non-grapple contest of raw gripping, it applies double nines.
Revelator: On the control roll of a grapple, reroll 1s until 1s fail to appear.
>>
>>43833761
Interesting. What's with this Revelator keyword?
>>
>>43833801
Revelator charms grant additional effects when in a true form (Meaning, for the pruposes of this, your natural form, your spirit shape, or your war form).

It's me clumsily attempting to work my way around the natural abilities of animals while still making charms useful when in an animal shape.
>>
File: 1445618170478.jpg (516 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1445618170478.jpg
516 KB, 1000x750
>>43833818
To translate for the fluttery one:

Munky stronk. Munky with grapple charm doublestronk.

In theory, this should give bennies to make it comparable to stronk munky, so you won't just auto-go munky when you wanna choke a bitch.
>>
>>43833518

>knacks

Nnnnnuuuuu...

Dont use knacks. Knacks were a way to stop eclipse keywords. With eclipse nerf theres no need too. Make shapeshifter knacks charms part if the core set
>>
>>43833518
I am almost certain that knacks will not be a thing in 3e. With the Eclipse keyword whitelisting the shit they can steal, and not a single exalted charm seeming to have that keyword anyway, I'm pretty sure they can just be straight up Lunar shapeshift charms.

Though I guess, if we're going for simplicity of conversion, it's not like the definition matters.
>>
>>43834957

Even if i eas doing conversions I'd still use most current knacks as appearance or strength charms. Gonna have to add some original stuff for 3e so may as well expand the charm concept space.
>>
File: 1328904711080.jpg (770 KB, 758x1200) Image search: [Google]
1328904711080.jpg
770 KB, 758x1200
>>43835067
>>43834957
The problem is, as is, a lot of Knacks are currently all over the place in terms of required abilities. Most of them fall into Stamina, but there's also a few with Wits, Appearance, Dexterity, and Perception.
>>
>>43836101

I'd probably put such knacks in such locations. A bit over the place, but expands the design space.

Also to the people who are tackling Lunars: How are warforms being handled?
>>
>>43833818

I'd be careful about allowing it in the spirit shape, but not bad. I like it.
>>
>>43833548

Done.

Optimized Demolition Vibration (Essence 2, 2 XP): A thin coating of Starmetal aligns the Alchemical’s fist, allowing him to transmit vibrations from his fist to other brawling aids, such as Tiger claws or smashfists to be treated as brawling aids for the purpose of this charm. A repurchase allows for use with all weapons, not just brawling aids.
>>
>>43836330
Badly.

DEADLY BEASTMAN TRANSFORMATION
Cost: 5m, 1wp; Mins: Stamina 3, Essence 1
Type: Simple
Keywords: Shifting
Duration: Indefinite
Prerequisite Charms: None
The Lunar Warbeast is mighty beyond belief. The Lunar seems to grow out, taller and bigger, and becoming a halfway point between their spirit shape and their human shape. This is known as the War Form. The lunar adds twice their essence to the raw damage of all withering attacks she makes, her combat movement pool, and her soak. She also adds her essence to her strength for feats of strength, both for the dicepool and determining what feats she may attempt. Wound penalties are halved on attacks and movement rolls, and she heals a single level of lethal or bashing damage whenever she resets to base initiative after making a decisive attack with 11+ initiative or recovers from being crashed.
>>
What if Lunar charms worked differently with regards to shapeshifting?
Like:

Charm name
3m, Simple, Indefinite
Upon activating this charm, the Lunar can wield two-handed weapons with one hand and gains (Dex/2) dice to Athletics rolls during combat.
In addition, by learning this charm the Lunar can shapeshift into any small primate, not including humans.

Charm 2
5m, Reflexive, Instant
Activating this charm allows the Lunar to move back one range band in response to a grapple attempt, if the Lunar has not moved this turn.
The lunar can now shapeshift into larger primates.

And so on.
There would be a tree for every major animal type: Feline, Canine, Primate, Reptile, Fish/Amphibian, Bird, Herbivore, I don't think there are any missing but I'm not sure.

Thoughts?
>>
>>43836635
Lovely, thanks.
>>
>>43836700

I kinda feel like the mutations/Animal features should also be a thing, but I'm fucked on how to make that a thing. I'd probably take a cue on one things TAW did well, in which you can get an APP charm which gives more mutations to add to your animal or warform, such as a fox of Snow or a Tyrant Lizard that breathes fire and has a spiky shell.

ESS x2 to all raw damage is also way too higher. I'd make it (3 or Essence, whichever is higher). This gives a good bonus at ESS 1, but not overpowering.
>>
>>43836918
It's basically a conversion of the Deadly Beastman Transformation for the QC in the book. He has essence 2, so I basically worked off of that assumption there.

Deadly Beastman Transformation (5m, 1wp; Simple; Indefinite): The Lunar may shapeshift into a ferocious battle form that is half-man, half-bear. He adds +4 to the raw damage of all withering attacks he makes, his combat movement pool, and his soak. He adds +2 to his Strength for feats of strength, both for the dice pool and determining what feats he may attempt. Wound penalties are halved on attacks and movement rolls, and he heals a single level of lethal or bashing damage whenever he resets to base Initiative after making a decisive attack with 11+ Initiative or recovers from being crashed
>>
>>43836957

One thing to keep in mind with those quick characters: Those are condensed charms. It could be that is actually DBT or it could be just him activating Gift charms to bolster the form.
>>
>>43837005
It could be, yeah. But I don't really see much evidence otherwise, and as mentioned: I would rather have overpowered lunars than underpowered lunars yet again, so I am veering on the side of caution until I get some actual, good testing done.

At which point, I will likely be rebalancing half the charmset.
>>
>>43816105
Guts is an Abyssal, anon.
>>
>>43829686
I just realized Eji would be a Lunar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2cEwW_w0Dc
>>
>>43837081
Yeah he's a...whatever Abyssal mirrors the Dawn Caste.
>>
>>43837280
It's mirrorflip.

So a Dawn is a Dusk.
>>
>>43837427
Cheers.
>>
>>43836330
>>43836700
Why not have warforms as an inherent Lunar power? It feels wrong for an Exalt to have to buy an ability iconic to it.
>>
>>43837480

I'm fine with inherent power, but I'd probably just make it a charm that literally every Lunar gets automatically.

As pretty much every Lunar ever will get it.
>>
>>43830784
Berengiere is the Indulgent Soul of Ligier, and expresses that indulgence through craft. Maybe a variant of the "craft a potion that gives you Sorcerous Motes" ability, where you weave yourself a piece of fabric that gives you the Sorcerous Motes when unraveled?

Maybe also the "draw power from emotion" ritual from the Scarred By Nightmares, given that she draws upon the emotions of people to make her magic cloth.
>>
>>43837270
Exigent Chosen of Avarice. The original OOO was a First Age Sorceror-King who used a series of Ambition 3 Celestial Circle Workings (with the "create a minion equal in power to a Second Circle Demon" effect) to create the Greeed, and then used a black market Exigency to grant himself an Exaltation.
>>
>>43837753
How would you explain his forms then?
>>
>>43837818

They're how his Charm-trees are organized. So he's got a Hawk tree, a Mantis tree, etc., that are either active or inactive like an Alchemical's (albeit with greater ability to hotswap) based on what's in his belt.

Probably has a Combo keyword on Charms that only work if he has all 3 of the same theme in, and has a Thaumaturgical ritual to make further medallions to expand his Charmset (or replace stolen/destroyed ones).
>>
>>43837864
makes sense.
>>
>>43837692
Not emotions, voices made with emotions.
>>
>>43837864
Creating new medals would likely require extracting them from spirits or maybe other exalts, like how Ankh extracted the Imagin medal from Den-O in this clip of the Den-O/OOO crossover movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNJpqZ1UdOU

I'd think the most prominent source of them, though, would be the Greeed: creating an Exigent doesn't always kill a God; sometime, they're just lessened, and the Greeed were definitely lessened by the loss of their Core Medals. Ankh was even reduced to a hand!
>>
So, are Exigents kinda like devil fruit users from One Piece?
>>
https://ericminton.wordpress.com/2014/09/05/i-came-i-saw-i-crafted/

>My friend Pat, who plays Mato Leaf-Dancer in the Marst Chronicle playtests, ran me through a full evening of crafting scenarios, ranging from mending a horseshoe to fabricating one of the artifact daiklaves that’s written up in the corebook. The system definitely feels like nothing I’ve ever used before. Instead of being fully self-contained, it has multiple points of engagement with actual play, so your crafter can’t simply sit alone in a room and churn out enchanted devices.

>Solar Craft Charms add another layer to the system. They interlock in a variety of interesting emergent ways that feel like you’re building something. It has a bit of a Puzzle Quest-ish vibe. I only used a handful of Charms during the playtest, and I’m looking forward to trying out other Charms in future games.

Can we add Vance to the list of liars?
>>
>>43837939
It's more like special snowflakes that cause your ST a huge headache making a workable charmset for said character.

The work better as antagonists when you want specific powers and need them fight Exalts.

If it's not obvious I'm not a fan.
>>
>>43837980
Well, if he ran through a "full evening of Crafting scenarios", then the PC would have gotten the Craft XP to make that daiklave from all the horse shoes she made! ;)
>>
>>43837980
The things you quoted are true, the problem lies elsewhere.

It's too beancounty, too much charm bloat and too much crunch. The ideas are good, but it needs stripping down (both the system and the charmset) and refining.
>>
>>43837983
Areyou a fan of Liminals, Getimians, Niobrarans and who knows what other shitty splat they will bloat the game with?

If it's not obvious I was perfectly content with the quantity and quality of Exalted we got in second edition and even Infernals felt like a bit of a stretch
>>
>>43837983
I get the impression that most players would likely either use the ones whose charmsets are in the book, write them down in a notebook before the session starts and try to convince the GM to approve them, or grab a set off of the Internet and try to convince the GM to approve of them. I doubt that GMs would be expected to write entire charmsets on the fly. ;)
>>
>>43837995
What is true?
Multiple points of engagement with actual play? How can that be true? You just throw dice at projects until you get enough xp to throw dice at an artifact
What is an emergent way? Is that newspeak? How does it make you feel like you're building something? If you're crafting 150 horseshoes onluy so you get enough xps to get to building the artifact goremaul of your dreams you're not building on anything, you are farming in a way completely disconnected from the narrative
>>
>>43837980
My friend has done some pretty cool things with crafts on the fly but the system is atrocious. I've done some neat things with Personas though and that system is almost as fucking bad.

In terms of sub systems solars have some of the most interesting in theory horrible in play this edition.

>>43837997
No. I sort of like Liminals but I hate the other two. I feel like making them exalted was the worst thing to do. Getimians would have been fine if they were a new type of race and not explicitly added as enemies of sidereals because every exalted for no reason needs enemy exalted. .

Making everything exalted is pretty much the old Yozi problem. When there are so many types of exalted you're going to hit a point where that's all you'll fight. It's dumb as fuck and short sighted.
>>
>>43838009
>Multiple points of engagement with actual play? How can that be true? You just throw dice at projects until you get enough xp to throw dice at an artifact
The benefits of crafting things as gifts or bribes, so it does not become just getting your circle kitted out with the best stuff.
>>
>>43838025
How is that a function of the system? You can do that with any crafting system.
>>
>>43838025
That's not multiple points of engagement (whatever that's supposed to mean)
That's choosing a different way to get xp from and for your crafting and you only force that in the story because just throwing the stuff into the sea gives you nothing
>>
>>43838032
This one actually gives you bonuses for it.
>>
>>43838020
>In terms of sub systems solars have some of the most interesting in theory horrible in play this edition.
That's only because you have nothing to compare them to yet.
I'm sure the other books will find all sorts of brilliant ways to disappoint us.
>>
>>43838038
Except the "bonuses" are more like "shit that is necessary to further your crafting and is the whole point of hte exercise in the first place"
It's like saying that in D&D dungeoneering gives you bonuses in the form of XP and loot
>>
>>43838025
That is exactly one point of engagement, sir. Multiple means more than one.
>>
>>43838045
That's why I limited it to solars anon. They aren't going to fix crafting and they aren't going to clarify personas.

Also, why the fuck is lore an xp generator? That's the most retarded thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>43838034
By "points of engagement", he means mechanical bits that he can hook charms on to. The dice rolls themselves (with all the different sorts of dice manipulation this system has), the Basic Objectives, project slots, the different types of Craft XP, the different levels of those projects, and the time you need to spend to complete the Craft project.

Like he said, there's loads more ways to build useful Craft charms than 2e which just had the dice pools and time intervals.
>>
>>43837983
>It's more like special snowflakes that cause your ST a huge headache making a workable charmset for said character.

Yo why the fuck should I be the one writing the charmset? My Exigent players will to most of the work for their own character, I'll just be available to discuss the thing with them if they want it, and greenlight the final thing when they're done.

If they don't have the chops to do it then they can pick one of the dozen other splats that don't necessitate that much work and deal with it.
>>
>>43838207
Exactly. I do the same with Sorcerous Initiations and Artifacts.
And Craft, because fuck that. If the player wants it, they can count the beans themselves.
>>
>>43838149
So basically those anons need reading comprehension lessons. Not being able to guess that the mechanics guy that writes mechanics is talking talking about mechanical stuff is pretty shameful.
>>
>>43838218
>And Craft, because fuck that. If the player wants it, they can count the beans themselves.

That's my position too. I mean, outside this place's echo chamber of hatred towards Craft, I've seen a significant number of people saying they actually enjoy the thing after playing with it in game. Hell, the OPP Forums constantly have at least two threads about Craft, and the people defending it there appear to be genuinely enjoying it for a whole bunch of reasons that I consider perfectly reasonable.

If that's the case for one of my players, I'm certainly not going to take that away from them. If they're up to speed on the rules and can manage the thing without help then yeah, sure, have your Craft by all means.

It's ridiculous to assume that the ST will be managing every single aspect of the system. Letting players do their part is only logical.
>>
If your players want fiddly rules like crafting why run it in GURPS?

At least the base system works
>>
>>43838488
That's a very good quesition, anon.

Why ever run anything in gurps? I mean, I could stab myself in the toenails instead, and I'd have even more fun. And I wouldn't have to get all the instruments of my torture (all fifty of them!) together and properly assemble them, I have some thumbtacks and a wall I can kick right here.

So why would anyone ever run gurps for any reason?
>>
>>43838488
For the same reason I went for Exalted in the first place : because we don't much care about generic systems and want systems that are molded to tell a particular kind of story in a particular narrative environment, or are at least trying to. Sure Exalted has never been the best working system out there, but if it were enough to just pick up one of the most functionnal generic systems to run a game and forget about all the rest, the offer wouldn't be so diverse. Clearly if I'm a fool I'm only one of many, and there's some comfort in that!

As for Ex3, I find most of it pretty functionnal. It's got a non-negligeable amount of natural language that might require "ST adjudication", which I'm generally inclined to dislike in a rules heavy game, but also introduces some elements of generalizing adjudication to the entire table. The whole game puts so much emphasis on player agency that I would never even imagine those situations where the rules are unclear would result in some players being shafted or the game feeling wonky, because we're just naturally driven to sorting those rare occurences out as a group and we always end up in a place that's satisfactory to everyone. And that's for the few times when there's even need for interpretation. (1/2)
>>
File: 1438397398582.png (52 KB, 166x191) Image search: [Google]
1438397398582.png
52 KB, 166x191
>>43838646
>>43838647

>I'm too lazy and stupid to use a working system and some options to run my annie-may demigod game
>>
>>43838647
The vast majority of playtime doesn't get hindered at all, and when we're on "cruise mode" the rules work perfectly well and enhance our ability to tell interesting stories. Hell, even Craft appeals to (what appears to be) a non-negligeable fraction of players I've heard/read the opinions of, and I can understand that, because I can plainly see how it just works when you play Crafters the way crafty-type creative people tend to work in the real world, when you can naturally come up with lots of ways to include crafting into your character's normal play. If you don't mind the beancounting and can do the whole Minor Projects thing, it works. Obviously some people just really don't care and would rather not bother with anything that's not at least impressive, and that's okay and I would definitely work with such a player to houserule Craft so it fits their playstyle more. But I wouldn't want the rules changed, because practically speaking I'd rather have a very complex system that I can easily simplify (which is the current situation, as attested by the billions of Craft rewrites already popping up) than a simple system that I then have to complexify, and write a whole new charmset for. (2/2)

Also

>why run it in GURPS?
>MFW I read "why not run it in GURPS"

Fucking clown I am, I done and wrote a bloody nover for nothing, ain't I?
>>
>>43838658
Where are the rules for making shit in GURPS? 3e had Vehicles, but even that doesn't have rules for the actual physical act of making things. Is it just one of those supplements nobody wanted to write?
>>
File: thats bait.webm (1 MB, 386x314) Image search: [Google]
thats bait.webm
1 MB, 386x314
>>43838658
>>
>>43838664
>>why run it in GURPS?
>>MFW I read "why not run it in GURPS"
P. sure it was supposed to be the second to start with.
>>
>>43838658
It's just not the same, Anon. Take Legends of the Wulin. You wouldn't run that kind of game in GURPS. The rules just aren't relevant enough to *that particular kind of story and play* to let GURPS run Legends of the Wulin games as well as Legends of the Wulin does.

You're basically arguing that there's no need for different mechanical systems for different genres of games. Transposed to the video game world, that would be equivalent to claiming that there's no need for different genres because you can emulate any of them superficially by modding Minecraft or G-Mod enough. What I'm saying is that I wouldn't play a Source Engine remake of Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance if I had the opportunity to play Platinum's MGR:R.
>>
>>43838689
>What I'm saying is that I wouldn't play a Source Engine remake of Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance if I had the opportunity to play Platinum's MGR:R.
No you're not. You're saying you wouldn't play MGR:R as an HL2 mod.

Saying you wouldn't use Source for MGR:R is like saying you wouldn't use UE4 for Persona based on the fact that UT4 is an FPS.

>You wouldn't run that kind of game in GURPS.
Absolutely I would. It's better than dealing with that nightmare of a corebook.
>>
>>43838703
>Saying you wouldn't use Source for MGR:R is like saying you wouldn't use UE4 for Persona based on the fact that UT4 is an FPS.
Nope. Source is an engine that can be used for pretty much any genre of games with a bit of work, but just doesn't work as well as other more specialized engines for most of them, is my point. So MGR is better served by running on the Platinum Engine because it's entirely geared towards that very specific kind of story and gameplay. Hell, even Source is geared towards certain genres and works best with them.

UE4 (and really Unreal Engine in general) is actually a very good example of a very good "generic" engine (UE has always been used by a vast amount of people for vastly different things) still not replacing specific engines.
>>
>>43838765
I'm not going to continue this discussion, because my opinion is that the 'specific systems will always be better' crowd are a bunch of idiots.
>>
>>43838809
'Aight. Works for me. You just do you senpai, and we'll do us.
>>
Can a party of newly made exalts take on a fair folk cataphractoi? I'm looking at it and he seems to get around 30 dice for a single attack with a sword.
>>
>>43838809
But your method is retarded. It's porting a whole system you might as well be playing a different game. Storyteller isn't the ideal system but Gurps certainly isn't what I"d replace the system lattice with. That's just a terrible system for this game.
>>
>>43838864
If he can get around that much than maybe but most of them will die. Unless someone with supernal resistance is in the party and the fair folk decides to attack him and only him.
>>
>>43838865
FATE'd probably work better, yes. I wasn't the man suggesting GURPS, though.

If I were to run Exalted in GURPS, I'd probably use the Lensman book as a starting point. 3000 point characters (6x Supers char.s).
>>
>>43838874
I was looking, and I am doing this correctly right? He has about 7 dex, 7 melee, and +15 accuracy, so that is 29 dice correct?
>>
>>43838880
Fates shit. So no it really wouldn't.

>>43838882
Yes. That is a lot of dice way too much for starting players in the current system. The previous system let you fight up against that but currently only the dawn has a chance. if he's combat speced.
>>
>>43825110
This is a conscious choice by the exalted dev, one we discussed to death.

Before it was wuxia style, with people reaching enlightenment through training to unlock magical martial art. Now it's sword ans sorcery style, with people reaching eldritch powers through contracting various magical beings and forces for sorcery. This changes the setting and the tone of the setting immensely.

I don't really care one way or another.
>>
>>43838891
Ok. What are some good enemies for newly exalted to fight against?
>>
>>43838882
Why does it have so much dice? The book says it has 16 dice. That number includes attributes, abilities and accuracy.
>>
>>43838891
>Fates shit. So no it really wouldn't.
It'd work better than Storyteller.

Frankly, I would use GURPS, but there'd be a lot of lifting on my (the GM's) end to translate the Charms into Advantage/Skill packets, and it'd be quite a high-point-value game. Turn on all the Action shit, maybe.
>>
>>43838912
I wouldn't use GURPS for Exalted even though I love the system purely for how bad melee combat gets with more than one character at skill 20+. Feels like combat would be 90% built around trying to lower or negate active defenses instead of actually hitting anyone.
>>
>>43838909
Where does it say the amount of dice? I just added up its dex, which is 7, melee which is 6, and accuracy which is 14, so its only 27 dice apparently. Where does it say how many dice it gets per attack?
>>
>>43838924
>Feels like combat would be 90% built around trying to lower or negate active defenses instead of actually hitting anyone.
Well yes, that's the point. It means you don't need millions of HP to do high-skill combat. The combatants spend their time trying to get through each others defences to land a combat-ending blow. Like how withering shit works.
>>
>>43838925
Are you playing 2e? Don't play 2e.

I checked the 2e core book, that's not the weapon accuracy bonus, that's the total accuracy, so it attacks with it's accuracy as it's attack pool.
>>
>>43838935
Oh, ok. Thank you.
>>
>>43838933
So what you're saying is, it's like Exalted's combat only boring?
>>
>>43838953
Seriously, if you are playing with just Solars, there's no reason not to play 3e instead of 2e.
>>
>>43838974
>only boring?
Open up Martial Arts.
>>
>>43821177
>>43821296
>>43821309
>>43831287

So this means that if there was a twilight who wanted to bring plumbing and toilets to all civilization. Could the dragonblood or mortals replicate this task or it's something that can not be done in the modern way so to speak?
>>
File: 1448472842821.jpg (187 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
1448472842821.jpg
187 KB, 774x1032
>>43839020
Multiple sorcerers, not necessarily Twilights. Yes they can be replicated and presumably are, but they are only for the very wealthy as they'd need to hire a sorcerer to do it.
>>
>>43839020
>Multiple sorcerers, not necessarily Twilights.
I meant to reply to this part:
>So this means that if there was a twilight who wanted to bring plumbing and toilets to all civilization.
Could be lots of unrelated Sorcerers, not just one.
>>
>>43838984
I've read Gurps Martial Arts, and ran a game with it. All it does is make combat more diverse. This doesn't make it interesting nor fun to play, all it gives is more options to be bored with.
>>
>>43839070
>more options to be bored with.
Maybe if you actually described what you meant by boring this conversation would be more useful.
>>
Ancient Rome had running water in big cities.

A bit of plumbing and sewage management isn't always out of theme.
>>
>>43839081
Are we really here for a useful conversation, though? I mean, let's face it. We didn't exactly come to 4chan of all places expecting a higher level of public dialogue. I'm just waiting for my classes to start, and you're just waiting for something else.

If nothing else, you're just waiting for the day to end. I could tell you what I mean by boring, but it wouldn't really change your mind, and you stand just as little of a chance to change my mind. We're not here to have our minds changed, we're here to be entertained with what little joys we can squeeze out of this webiste while we wait for our respective appointments to begin, whether its waiting for something you have planned or just waiting to die.

Defining it would be a pointless, irritating excercise on all sides, not in the least because I am not terribly good with explaining things as wishy washy as feelings, but instead because we're really not here to put thought into such things. You're probably not even reading half of this, and just skimming for most of it.

Which is just proving my point, really.
>>
>>43839133
>you're just waiting for the day to end.
AH HA! It's 3:58 AM here, so I'm waiting for the day to BEGIN!

I would be interested in hearing why you're bored by GURPS combat, though.
>>
>>43839112
Exactly, medieval/roman style plumbing is fine, I think we didn't really specify if it was that or modern plumbing backed by magic, which is bad.
>>
>>43839147
>roman style plumbing
Wait what
>>
>>43839305
Aqueducts, bathhouses and sewers.
>>
>>43838666
Well satan therethere is no turbo fiddly vehicle creation in 4e. It's point buy like your characters. Crafting is fiat which is for the best as indepth crafting is better suited for video games where you got the computer keeping track of all the resources

>>43838880
Presuming with newbies to GURPS the stuff I'd use would be:
Ultra light aka GURPS cliffnotes
The martial arts crunch for doing kung-fus
Imbuement for turning kung-fus into Weeaboo Fightan magics
And Powers

I skipped picking a magic system because from a crunch perspective sorcery doesn't really do enough for me to stand out outside of being the thing for summoning

Amusingly enough despite the various piecemealed sources the amount of reading is almost of Exalted's corebook.

390 pages versus 659
>>
>>43839333
>Ultra light aka GURPS cliffnotes
Ultra-Light is only barely GURPS. Use GURPS Lite if you want to introduce people to the actual system.
>>
>>43839305
Read Thermae Roma, it's an entire mango about plumbing in Ancient Rome.
>>
File: Enchanted_Mango_icon.png (10 KB, 88x64) Image search: [Google]
Enchanted_Mango_icon.png
10 KB, 88x64
>>43839405
>it's an entire mango
An enchanted mango?
>>
>>43839443
mango=manga

I thought it was a thing to call mangas, mangos here...
>>
>>43839133
>I mean, let's face it. We didn't exactly come to 4chan of all places expecting a higher level of public dialogue.
You're part of the cancer killing this board.

Not that it wasn't dead already.
>>
File: quests.png (2 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
quests.png
2 MB, 1024x768
>>43839520
I dunno, at least 1/3 of /tg/ is cool.
>>
>>43839520
4chan has been dying of cancer since I first came to it mid 2006, according to Anon.

I'm starting to suspect 4chan is actually a Neverborn.
>>
>>43839538
More like Autochthon, with his robo-cancer the locals are powerless to cure, and with his environment that's unsuited for humans yet full of them, with no way for the poor inhabitants to ever leave.
>>
>>43839587
Eh, still probably better than large areas of the setting!
>>
>>43839596
Sure. That only makes the comparison even more apt. It's also better to waste you time on 4chan than, say, be a poor villager in a war-torn African country.
>>
>>43839613
I am thinking that this is still one of the better places to discuss Exalted, even if it can be crap sometimes.
>>
>>43839358

Woops

I meant GURPS lite.
>>
>>43839112
Even before Rome, the Indus Valley civilization had full plumbing.
>>
>>43838880
Why does this thread have a hard-on for Fate? Fate is awful for combat. It offers something completely different to Exalted.
>>
>>43840124
Yes, but see >>43839147
>>
When are they going to release the real source code for Anathema, instead of the half-assed almost unmoddable mess we have now?
>>
>>43840476
never, they hate modding
>>
>>43840476
You mean the 2e version? Probably never. It's not that hard to add Charms and other shit if you know some xml, though.
>>
>>43841003

Urskr released the WIP code in the forum.
>>
>>43841145
That's for 3e, though.
>>
>>43841145
I'm surprised it's as unfinished as it is.
>>
>>43841713

Yeah, and they still have a number of problems to sort out.
>>
>>43841713
I'm not, but I still find it disappointing. I kind of expected them not to be super diligent with the thing after three years of limbo.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.