[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found a red Dragon Legendary (The not-so-good one) in my local
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 16
File: Image.jpg (9 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
9 KB, 223x310
I found a red Dragon Legendary (The not-so-good one) in my local store's rare box today.

I've decided to make a mono-red dragon artifact commander deck.

This is my first commander deck.

This is my first mono-red deck.

Wish me luck, guys.
>>
>>43813767
If you are playing mono red, don't take the deck or the games to seriously. You are going to lose.
A lot.
>>
>>43813852

That's okay. Dragons are sick-awesome.

I'll run dumb stuff like possibility storm in there too, most likely.

It certainly won't be a deck built for winning, more a deck to experience and enjoy playing.
>>
>>43813767
Get your hands on Scour From Existence. It goes in the deck. No questions, no exceptions.
>>
>>43814052

So far I have Rorix Bladewing as commander, and the rest of the deck that I have is:

Dragonmaster Outcast
Siege Dragon
Shivan Dragon
Furnace Whelp
Spawn of Thraxes
Dragon Egg
Akoum Hellkite
Hoarding Dragon
Thunder Dragon
Hoard-Smelter Dragon
-
Dragon Tempest
Flameshadow Conjuring
Possibility Storm
Widespread Panic
-
Hammer of Purpheros
Spine of Ish Sah
Sol Ring
-
Command Tower
Temple of the False God

It needs work, I think.
>>
>>43813915
>Possibility Storm
I really want to tell you to kill yourself.
>>
>>43813915
Then listen up.
I made a mono red deck becuase competitive games were becoming unfun. So I made a deck just for strict fun.

Grip of chaos, warp world, goblin game, illicit auction, omen machine, theives auction and wild evocation are cards you wanna use.

For some lazy win cons mindcrank, goblin charbelcher are fun and sometimes stun the table.
>>
>>43814412
Afraid that your ux deck won't have as much fun?
>>
>>43813915
>>43814423

Also, please, for the love of god. Don't play scrambleverse. That card is worse than Hitler in multiplayer.
>>
File: 175.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
175.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>43813852
>>43813767
>>43813915

Sup. I'm a serious competitive mono red edh player.

Here's my advice:
-Red's biggest ally is artifacts. Have around 34 lands, plus 10 mana rocks. You'll want things which tap for 2 or more mana.
-big x spells. Red can't beat the other colors in many ways, but nobody else has as many ways to turn 19 mana into 18 damage. Burn out the player.
-You don't really want creatures in the deck just to have big creatures. Rorix is your big creature, so your others should be cool or fun.

Also, while red is very hard to play at a competitive level, I consider it very fun. This innate funness, aggressiveness and complicated straightforwardness are compounded when you don't have to optimize your deck, and instead plan to play with a large group of people.

Oh, and get pic related. It counters all counterspells. The rest is up to you (but have plenty of burn)
>>
>>43813767
Best monored deck is Daretti with artifact shenanigans
>>
>>43814452
No, it just makes every single goddamn person's turn take forever from then on.
Why would blue have anything to do with it?
>>
>>43814396
siege dragon is my favourite card
>>
>>43814899
>edh games
>not taking long
Pick one.

It's usually the elitist blue players that hate anything fun in edh.

Had one guys bounce spell target his own thing becuase of grip of chaos and he accused me of targeting him all game.

People like that need to die.
>>
>>43814396
You don't need Command Tower, at all. In monocolor, Command Tower is a liability - there is no benefit, but it can be hit with nonbasic hate. Nonbasic lands in monocolor should provide some function beyond just one of a color - cycling, MULTIPLE mana, a fancy effect, whatever. Otherwise, why not just use Mountains? You don't need to worry about fixing, after all.
>>43815056
And Possibility Storm makes the game take even longer. It's cute for the first round around the table, then after that it's annoying as hell because nobody gets to play anything they want, and everyone's hoping that someone hits a disenchant effect at random soon to get rid of the damn thing. Not just 'the elitist blue players'
>>
>>43814423
>>43814479
>Grip of Chaos
It's fun, sure, but it's annoying to have to roll a die for every single new spell/ability. Only really fun if you're playing a computer version.
>Scrambleverse
Annoying as you say, for the same reason as Grip of Chaos

>Warp World
Actually fun and random and almost guaranteed to completely change up who holds the power.
>Wild Evocation
>Omen Machine
Also pretty fun for similar reasons.

>Goblin Game
>Illicit Auction
Fun bluffing and guessing minigames.

---------------------------

You're missing a few other fun cards though.

>Confusion in the Ranks
>Fractured Loyalty
>Possibility Storm
Nobody's keeping what they cast.

>Goblin Festival
>Karuplusan Minotaur
Coin flips and damage.

>Jinxed Choker
>Jinxed Ring
>Jinxed Idol
>Witch Hunt
>Insurrection
Definitely gets the game moving.

>Humble Defector
>Vow of Lightning
Diplomacy if you or your group is into that sort of fun.

>Arcbond
Did That Guy just cheat a Blightsteel Colossus into play? Great, everybody dies together.
>>
>>43815698
This is the exact opposite of fun.

People want to play magic, not to roll dice and watch random shit happen that's outside their control.

Chaos decks are straight out banned from our playgroup. Nobody will play with you. If you bring something like this, not only will it turn the game into a long and boring experience where the winner is decided at random, but people will actively dislike you.

You're the guy who plays just to ruin peoples day in a casual setting.

Had a guy bring forth a lolchaos EDH deck at my LGS. People just said "no" and ignored him until he swapped to another deck.
>>
>>43816775
What a bunch of faggots
>>
>>43816896
I skipped a bit for the narrative. We know the guy.
>>
>>43816896
Once every so often isn't a problem.
Every turn is annoying.
Multiples chaos things, every turn? It's a drag. The only person having fun is the person playing the deck, it takes FOR FUCKING EVER to resolve ANYTHING AT ALL - which means they can't just go to the next game - and the only thing at all to determine who wins is pure chance. Once multiple chaos enchants hit the table, you honestly might as well all roll dice and whoever rolls highest wins - it's at least faster.
>>
File: fun-burn.png (1 MB, 960x680) Image search: [Google]
fun-burn.png
1 MB, 960x680
>>43814396
If you can manage, swap all your Mountains for Snow-Covered Mountains so you can run Mouth of Ronom and Scrying Sheets.
>>
>>43817709
Don't forget Glacial Crevasses

The most on-color card of all time.
>>
>>43816988
Ok, that makes more sense
>>43817008
I've been thinking about running a Pyxis centric deck, would that count?
>>
>>43813767
Good Luck Anon

If you wanted deck suggestions:

Splintertwin
Zealous Conscripts
Chaos Warp
Humble Defector
Radiate
Wheels
Act on Impulse
Tormenting Voice
Magmatic Insight
Wild Guess
Reiterate
Dualcaster Mage
Reverberate
Wild Ricochet
Shunt
Ricochet Trap

All I can think of right now
>>
>>43817709

It depends on how much snow-covered mountains costs. If they're pricy, I might just end up painting speckles of white onto my regular mountains and writing "snow-covered" on them with a marker or something.
>>
>>43817942
$1 each
>>
>>43816775
Most of the cards I added to the list of chaos cards don't involve chaos-random effects per se, but are more of a diplomacy tool. Confusion in the Ranks and Possibility Storm are up there, but everything else is more of a diplomatic tool. Witch Hunt is certainly random, but the effect isn't the sort of thing that flips games on their heads.
>>
>>43814396
Hellkite Tyrant is both a dragon and it synergizes well with a bunch of artifacts.
Utvara Hellkite is pretty cool too.
>>
>>43817988
Yeah, the suggestions you gave weren't too bad, I actually have a deck with a few similar punish effects (Creatureless Mogis), I was more replying to the discussion in general.
>>
File: no thank you.png (2 KB, 370x320) Image search: [Google]
no thank you.png
2 KB, 370x320
>>43814480
>serious, competitive edh player
>>
>>43816775
>opposite of fun
>now let me ramp into 10 mana turn 3 and sneak attack a blightsteel, or get infinite turns, or clone magister Sphinx 4 times.

Yea, a change of pace is a good thing bud, try it sometime. I made a "lolz red random" deck to break the usual flow of edh (which I don't mind) but it gets stale after a while.
>>
>>43818005

I kinda want to pick up that one dragon from, like, M14 that lets you steal other players artifacts and just straight up win the game when you get 10.

I mean, you're gonna get 10 artifacts in EDH anyway if you're running mono-red, so if I get the draw I might as well.
>>
>>43814396
>>43813767

Hellkite Tyrant.
Run Hellkite Tyrant, Shrapnelblast, Scourge of... whatever the fuck it is, and whatever single-color or colorless mana rocks you can get your hands on. Try to get spells that have X in the casting cost, too.
>>
File: 1346054764307.jpg (95 KB, 524x350) Image search: [Google]
1346054764307.jpg
95 KB, 524x350
Its one thing to hate pure chaos decks, but if you hate the occasional possibility storm, warp world or scrambleverse? That's some serious no fun allowed.
>>
>>43818066

Scourge of Varkas, I think? I dunno but it's great, I swear I used to have one but I think I may have traded it off.
>>
>>43818108
Those cards aren't fun. Playing with people who use them is like running into that kind playing an FPS who whines when he gets killed and runs around the map telling people he's trying to be their friend and doesn't want to fight.

I'll never understand how this board seems to agree that those who use MLD with no game winning plan in place are faggots but thinks people who choose to turn the game into a clusterfuck with no game winning plan are alright. Just fucking play the game, you don't have to be a hardcore competitive prick but you have to at least not delay the game and fuck around because you think it's funny.
>>
>>43820247
holy shit just end it now
>>
>>43820277
>omg kill yourself
>>>/youtube/
>>
File: Acidic Soil.full.jpg (215 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Acidic Soil.full.jpg
215 KB, 480x680
GO FORTH AND BURN
>>
File: Bedlam.full.jpg (189 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Bedlam.full.jpg
189 KB, 480x680
>>
File: Wildfire.full.jpg (234 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Wildfire.full.jpg
234 KB, 480x680
>>
File: Ancient Runes.full.jpg (198 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Runes.full.jpg
198 KB, 480x680
>>
For monored, I cannot praise Zada enough. The deck is just filled with cheap (CMC and $) red buff spells that with Zada make your whole field big and scary.
>>
>>43820351
>shiv
>sheev

IDS HABBENING
>>
File: Repercussion.full.jpg (226 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Repercussion.full.jpg
226 KB, 480x680
Combine with Blasphemous Act
>>
>>43814480
>serious competitive mono red edh player
Goddamn that's a long way to write 12
>>
File: red.jpg (9 KB, 178x248) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
9 KB, 178x248
Did someone say red?
>>
File: Aggravated Assault.full.jpg (190 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Aggravated Assault.full.jpg
190 KB, 480x680
>>
File: Mana Echoes.full.jpg (192 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Mana Echoes.full.jpg
192 KB, 480x680
>>
File: insurrection.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
insurrection.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>
File: Burn at the Stake.full.jpg (193 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Burn at the Stake.full.jpg
193 KB, 480x680
>>
File: Lightning Dragon.full.jpg (224 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Lightning Dragon.full.jpg
224 KB, 480x680
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.