[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't want to make my own thread, but I looked through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1424556187487.jpg (349 KB, 733x968) Image search: [Google]
1424556187487.jpg
349 KB, 733x968
I didn't want to make my own thread, but I looked through the entire catalogue and didn't find any I felt I could drop my question(s) into. Basically I want to play rpgs but I never have before and need some advice.

Online options might be the easiest way to go, but I'm limited to a smartphone. How well are sites like roll20 going to work for me if I'm trying to play with other people from a smartphone?

If that won't work out, how can I find a group to play with in person? I don't have a group of friends I could rope into it, so I'd have to find strangers. Preferably strangers who play a lot, because once a week for 2 or 3 months isn't doable for me.
>>
>>43807927
> I looked through the entire catalogue and didn't find any

Have you tried looking through the entire catalogue?
>>43774627
>>
>>43808023
Why golly gee willickers I did. You may notice that thread is entirely for organizing online games. Have you tried reading my post with your comprehension glasses on?
>>
>>43808141
You're an ass, OP.
>>
>>43807927
>>43808141

roll20 is not going to work for you if you use only a smartphone.
your best bet is to find a group in real life. that may be difficult if you are as hard to tolerate in real life as you appear to be here.
>>
>>43808481
So how do I do that? Everything I see seems to be friends who already know each other meeting at houses and maybe occasionally a store. Obviously I'd have to go through a store somehow, but how do I do that? Is it even possible to somehow find and meet a group within a couple days, or is that well into unrealistic expectations territory?
>>
>>43808701
You should try re-making your thread, only this time with a related image and without the abrasive attitude.
>>
>>43808701
it's entirely possible. groups advertise in stores/on craigslist etc. frequently. if you ask in a store, they may know of ongoing games or groups that might be looking for people.

if that doesn't pan out, find a group of friends and offer to GM. Or go on the gamefinder thread, install skype on your phone and do all of your dicerolling wherever your group determines would be best. be prepared with paper/pencils for your bookkeeping.

don't fucking keep checking facebook or other apps on your phone or you will get booted really fucking quick.
>>
>>43808769
Groups advertise? Well that makes things phenomenally easier.

None of my friends are interested no matter what I offer, but the rest is pretty solid for my situation. Thanks anon
>>
>>43808863
you shouldn't thank me,
i just want you to go.
>>
>>43808876
>singular abrasive response to someone who clearly didn't read my post and tried to kill my attempt to get advice
>perfectly civil afterward

And suddenly I'd rather be gone. Thanks retracted as you wish, anon.
>>
>>43809117
good.
>>
File: 1422463688700.png (113 KB, 648x634) Image search: [Google]
1422463688700.png
113 KB, 648x634
>>43808323
>Responding to completely unhelpful, sarcastic replies with disparaging sarcasm
>This is considered a dick move

What an age to be alive.
>>
>>43809179
Man OP, you really have no people skill. What crawled up your ass this morning?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.