[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It would follow, that strong adventurers come from strong parents.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1427494098191.png (1012 KB, 1024x1260) Image search: [Google]
1427494098191.png
1012 KB, 1024x1260
It would follow, that strong adventurers come from strong parents. How tough are your character's parents?
>>
>>43806603
Well, she is a major volcano goddess and he was one of the few strong enough to beat down every other suitor to make her his.

He didn't do a good enough job, though, since she's our current BBEG.
>>
>>43806603
>How tough are your character's parents?

Not very. THEY ARE DEEEEAAAAAD!
>>
My character's mother is a level 12 Sorcerer npc with the elemental bloodline of fire.

His father is as far as my character knows, the leader of a mercenary group who went far away.

So probably not super strong
>>
>>43808075
90% of PC's have this background.
>>
>>43806603
Well, the inquisitor's family history is primarily filled with military service, though nothing really distinguished for at 5 generations.

The Barbarian is an old man who father and father's father have all been quarry workers, and he himself was a quarry worker until his house and wife were lost in a landslide.
>>
>>43806603
>>43806603
My Cleric's mother was a houswife, but his father was Brock Samson.
>>
>>43806603
My dad could beat your dad!
>>
My character was orphaned and found by a monastery.
>>
File: Codex_St_Peter_perg_7_10v.jpg (250 KB, 400x441) Image search: [Google]
Codex_St_Peter_perg_7_10v.jpg
250 KB, 400x441
>>43808159
Still remember that one player who put "father and mother died during childbirth" on his character sheet.
>>
>>43808159
>90%
That low huh?
>>
File: 1426287304380.png (225 KB, 1344x1536) Image search: [Google]
1426287304380.png
225 KB, 1344x1536
The two sisters Father won his whole home plane back from ZonKuthon, got some Mythic levels, and obtained enough power to grant his first daughter witch levels, his power being the patron.

They are only truly half sisters though. After his ascension, the father began spreading his power through the gene pool with Fetchlings, Shae, Umbral Dragons, and Nighthags alike.
>>
>>43806603
>Being this Lamarkian
>>
His father was just some normal shepherd boy. His mother though is the goddess of hunting, though her domain might be a lie and it could actually be trickery/deception.

She's certainly a goddess though and follows him around, and he takes after her.
>>
>>43808159
Nobody in my group currently has that backround
Well my characters mother died but his father still lives unless the DM killed him at some point. Unlikely
>>
Father was a Ranger in the King's Royal Corps. Mother was Nobility. Weren't married, so he's a bastard. Never knew either of them, but he knows his mother is alive and in a convent somewhere.
>>
>>43808869
>Nobody in my group currently has that backround

...and the GM hasn't killed their parents yet? What's he waiting for?
>>
>>43806603
OP's pic makes me think of this music video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQgXeY_zi4
>>
>>43806603
Narratively, strong enough that he feels he can never live up to their expectations and believes he is doomed to walk in their shadow, despite being known as a hero throughout several kingdoms and being one of the stronger people on the plane. In that plane, a big deal, but small fry to the setting as a whole.

His parents are an epic level wizard and bard who have gone planeswalking, citing shits and giggles as a reason. For twenty five years.
>>
>>43808537
>"hold on honey, you're gonna make it."
>"I don't...think so, my love. But...if I'm going to die, I'm... taking you with me!"
>>
>>43808546
kek
>>
>>43806603
>how strong are their parents?

His father slew his first frost giant at 15. His mother was chosen by the gods.

And despite this, he's mostly a showman himself. Sure, he can punch things as hard as most people swing a mace, but still.
>>
>>43806603
Mother died in childbirth, after traveling to an elven capital from uncharted territory. I assume that's pretty boss.
Haven't found my Dad yet.
>>
Father and Mother were humans, devouted famers under the Goddess Freya and maintained a sanctuary. Died at a ripe old age many years ago surrounded by loved ones, including my character.
>>
Father performed crazy experiements on his family members, killing all of his siblings and his mother.
He's some sort of high level Transmuter or something.
I guess that makes him pretty powerful, but with a glass jaw.
>>
File: stay out of my way.png (250 KB, 1500x1700) Image search: [Google]
stay out of my way.png
250 KB, 1500x1700
>>43806603
His adoptive mother and father are both ex-military and fairly taller and stronger than your average human of their respective genders.

His blood father is a brutal martial artist who cares little for anything beyond becoming stronger and stronger, and made his modest wealth fighting in underground tournaments in the draken homeland. So yeah, he's a tough motherfucker. His blood mother was murdered for revenge after he won a fight that caused the draken 'mafia' to lose a fuckload of money. She was a pacifist.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.