[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, recent BL publications pretty much confirm that Sanguinius
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 1424702396113.jpg (169 KB, 823x1162) Image search: [Google]
1424702396113.jpg
169 KB, 823x1162
So, recent BL publications pretty much confirm that Sanguinius was corrupted by chaos and was basically a ticking time bomb. Who do you think they'll ruin next?
>>
Its hard to ruin garbage.
>>
>>43805527

>confirm

Nigga where the fuck do you think the wings constantly leaking blood came from

Santa Claus
>>
>>43805527
>confirm
Nothing is confirmed until it comes out, anon.
That said, no shit, he's goddamn straight up mutant.
>>
>>43805527
You mean that the mutant of the cannibal planet whose spawn thirst for human blood and go into a killing frenzy where they attack friend and foe alike could be corrupted?

Who would have thunk it
>>
>>43805527
Roboute was manipulated by xenos like Alpharius.
>>
File: Too Pure.png (260 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
Too Pure.png
260 KB, 500x382
Why did they need to add it? Was it not too grim dark enough?
>>
>>43805527
How the hell do you think he remained so beautiful? Oil of Olay?
>>
>>43805769
I don't think you understand the idea of "add". Add means you're putting in something that wasn't there before. Sanguinius was always corrupted by chaos. Always. It's why the blood rage exists.
>>
Every time I see BL I have a hard time remembering you guys mean "Black Library."
>>
>>43805527
>recent BL publications

into the trash it goes
>>
>>43806553

>recent BL publications about Sanguinus and Hours

B-but that's forbidden heresy!
>>
>>43806505
What are you niggers talking about, that shit was caused by Sangy dying.
>>
The Red Thirst is a genetic flaw. The Black Rage came after his death.

>Horus killed Sanguinius so hard that his entire chapter feels it forever.
>>
>>43806860
retconned into always being there bro. According to the recent novels they always had it.

>>43805527
I remember in Betrayer Lorgar making it plain that NO plan could turn Sangy bad, he was a literal angel and fate had condemned him to stand with the emperor to the end.

Whatever trash the writers try to throw in now simply is garbage when Lorgar already saw that nothing would truly corrupt Sang.

Scrub writers trying to add twists to things which dont need them... Especially when the future seeing, Chaos guided, mastermind of the whole thing, Erebus is calling Sang a lost cause for chaos.
>>
>>43805527
> What do you think they'll ruin next?
> Paying attention to Black Library
You brought this on yourself
>>
>>43806860
>>43806948
Well, you are both kinda right- the new books show that the Red Thirst existed before Sanguinius' death. The Black Rage, where modern Blood Angels go bonkers and think they are Sang fighting Horus, happened after he died.
>>
i'm glad i stopped reading black library novels after flight of the eisenstein came out
>>
>>43805659
b-but muh pure cinnamon roll
>>
>>43805527
>thinking BL is anything more than propaganda for their respective armies
come on anon we've been over this before
>>
The whole setting is mental masturbation to see how edgy you can get. Why are you surprised?
>>
File: 1442239448294.png (74 KB, 945x557) Image search: [Google]
1442239448294.png
74 KB, 945x557
>>43814455

Propaganda is nothing but an excuse used by people who don't like something.

At most you could claim certain BL books are flawed because they're presenting views from the point of view of a specific character, but they're not propaganda.
>>
>>43806505
I don't think you know how to spell cursed anon.

Sang was cursed by chaos not corrupted; he may have been a mutant (but seriously what fucking ubermensch primarch isn't a fucking test tube mutant???) But he was never corrupted; if he was why the fuck would he sacrifice his own life?

Bl can go stick a barbwire broomstick up where all there ideas come from; all the books lately about 40k and 30k are shite. Bring back the glory days of the short stories written by actual authors who understand how to craft a story and dialogue. Instead of trying to rebrand and respam ideas that needed know explaining or redoing.

Bl has no original thinkers anymore; it's so sad.
>>
File: 947.jpg (26 KB, 510x474) Image search: [Google]
947.jpg
26 KB, 510x474
>>43805527
>black library

Basically confirmed as not canon, then.
>>
>>43815001

Who are these so called authors that wrote for 40k?
>>
>>43815047
Can't remember all the authors, one of the anthologies was realm of chaos from 2000 had a ton of great short stories in it
>>
>>43815236

They couldn't have been that great then since the only Realm of Chaos books I see people bring up a lot are Slaves to Darkness and the Lost and the Damned. Of the credits from both of those the only person who seems to be an established writer outside of Warhammer is Brian Stableford.
>>
So, BA confirmed for babies?

When the Iron Hands got ambushed on Istvaan, and their leader got fucking DECAPITATED AND HELD AS A TROPHY, did they completely lose hope? No, they simply held him in reverence even in death and go on.

Sanguinius' death? His kids got so mad that they have literal aneurysms when they remember it and go into a rage because they can't stand that daddy got rekt.
>>
>>43815489
Two major differences being that Ferrus was not a latent psyker as Sangy was, and the Iron Hands were not already genetically compromised, as the BA were.
>>
>>43815349
Yeah at work; so can't just check the names of the stories... but the stirred written about necromunda were always good. Then there is that ultramarine short about his amnesia. Pretty much when the writers actually had some one editing and keeping control of the sheer stupidity that current books are known for.
>>
>>43815489
>implying Ferrus is dead
If you weren't from one of the weaker legions who were too weak to prevent the heresy from happening then you'd have realised the truth long ago, Ferrus is alive and will one day return to lead the Iron Hands in glorious vengeance and show you what strength really is.
>>
>>43815530

>Pretty much when the writers actually had some one editing and keeping control of the sheer stupidity

Uh, I think BL actually having editors is a relatively recent thing and a lot of their job is probably to make sure that the writing fits whatever setting and doesn't shit the bed too bad, though some inevitably get through.

In a way you kind of have to take some of the more outlandish things in BL books with a pinch of salt because it's just as likely that GW will throw it under the bus as they will incorporate it into future works.
>>
>>43815515
Real reason is its never mentioned that iron hands literally drink the blood of their father and share a unbreakable blood bond.

Cold feels catch melt iron hearts anon.
>>
>>43814958
>propaganda doesn't exist
>at most you could claim

I'll 'claim' whatever the fuck I want about fictional accounts, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I happen to support fandom's - and Alan Merritt's - 'propaganda' POV because I see that outlook as an earnest effort to make shitty BL fiction more cohesive and thus less shitty since, whenever some drone in the BL stable fucks-up, we can just laugh and point at the dumb bastard and ignore their ret(ard)con.
>>
>>43817241

The image in my post blatantly contradicts Alan Meritt having any such view. Being able toss things out or change them as time goes on is not the same thing as saying they're propaganda, it's GW asserting that they own the universe and they'll do whatever they damn well please with it.
>>
File: 1433110716916.jpg (104 KB, 1220x863) Image search: [Google]
1433110716916.jpg
104 KB, 1220x863
>>43805527

Oh whats that about Sanguinius?
>>
>>43805579
I don't recall them leaking blood. Where is that said, it's radical idea.
>>
>>43817780
Laurie Goulding's personal interpretations of someone else's words means basically nothing, however.
>>
>>43818873

Considering he is the head editor of BL I'd say there is a pretty decent chance he knows exactly what Alan means.
>>
>>43805527
Where is it confirmed, and in what terms?
>>
>>43818922
I wasn't aware editors were also mind readers.
>>
>>43805527

It's been like that before BL was a thing. The red thirst has been around from the start of the legion
>>
File: Heretic.png (386 KB, 417x582) Image search: [Google]
Heretic.png
386 KB, 417x582
>>43805579
The bloodmist of eviscerated chaos cultists and bloodletters.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.