[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: Liberator.jpg (237 KB, 813x1058) Image search: [Google]
Liberator.jpg
237 KB, 813x1058
Age of Sigmar General

Daily Warscroll discussion edition

Archaon and friends incoming, The Sword of Chaos (Chaos Knights) and Many-eyed (?).

Need more leak!

>>resources
pastebin.com/sQ5NryL7
>>
Oops something new, AoS scenario generator.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zjPBo9hmnDQSIroDB0UEpUeA1EhiLWrnOvQ976xQN8E/edit#heading=h.nb7p9m4iembj
>>
>>43805162
Stormcasts are really starting to grow on me.
While the game is still shitty, I feel the fluff could still be really good.
What is needed is more good quality art. Too much is shit and fails to capture a good tone for the setting. Additionally we only get pictures of models, not every Lord Celestant needs to be Vandus Hammerhand or "guy with hammer and sword with sowrd raised above his head."
>>
>>43805424

I feel the same way.
I never really was a "hater" to start with, but I never really gave AoS its fair chance I think.
Now, after a few months of looking at what we got, it seems like a good bit of fun, and the models look really good.
One simply has to let go of the Warhammer feel, and embrace it for what it is, a totally new game with a totally new look.
>>
File: duncan.png (231 KB, 767x432) Image search: [Google]
duncan.png
231 KB, 767x432
I was about to get started with the starter. I have a long history in Wargames, and really wanted this for the models.
I have recently obsessed over Duncan videos on "how to". Its so "back to basic" yet gives a great result.

So, my point being, I really want to try it out. Buy the box, and paint it up just like in his vids. The problem is, I'm not to keen on the "golden boy" look of the eternals, and never really was. But by painting them that way, I get a great tutorial, a descent looking scheme with unity, and a lot of art-work to follow.
How did you paint you're eternals /tg/?

My main goal with this box, I might ad, is to enable friendly "try this out" games at my place.
>>
File: 1446863980903.png (2 MB, 1534x740) Image search: [Google]
1446863980903.png
2 MB, 1534x740
>>43805162
Does anybody have a link to a download/image capture of the Seraphon Battletome? I haven't seen one yet and would love to read through it
>>
File: ChaptersSigmarines.jpg (210 KB, 920x600) Image search: [Google]
ChaptersSigmarines.jpg
210 KB, 920x600
>>43806400
If you don't like the 'all gold everything' that they seem to be going for with the poster boys, you have other options. there's always the 'custom chapter' idea like with SM, but they have several other schemes as official ones that will show up in stories etc.

Mine are going to be Knights of the Aurora once I finish getting them clipped from the sprue, but I know that the turqoise ones and the silver ones have looked pretty good for other painters in the past. These are just 8 options, there are maybe 30 in total that have been released in some official capacity by GW
>>
>>43806440

The Maelstrom of Light is an option I have looked for. Its simple enough to enable me to paint the lot (as I intend to paint the complete box solo), still brining that "little extra" that I think is missing from the golden boys.

See, for me, gold is a luxurious metal, and should always be used in small details. I get the point of the Hammers of Sigmar, its to show of their splendor and might, also they do look like the typical "good guys".
But it ruins the effect that gold should have, gold should be used to lift a detail, such as the rim on the pads, or the thing on the helm, perhaps a belt buckle to pop out a bit more. But no more than that.

But some how, the Hammers of Sigmar makes it look so right when facing of against the Khorne horde! I definitely don't want a new player introduced to the game to ask "so, which are the good/bad guys?", it should be apparent from the start!

Damn, so many options!
>>
File: forgesworn_eternal_liberator.jpg (784 KB, 3713x788) Image search: [Google]
forgesworn_eternal_liberator.jpg
784 KB, 3713x788
>>43806400
Sounds like you have the right attitude for playing.

The beauty of the stormcast eternals is just like space marines, anything goes on color. They don't need to be gold and silver allover.
>>
Just dropping in to ask, how much lore do we have on the setting? I get that the big things are explained but do we know anything about the small stuff like what day to day life in that city Sigmar lives in is like or how do the realms other than Life feed their people? I've been told GW plans to give us the story over the next 8 years but I don't feel like getting in on this if I have to wait for that long before I get the background on the army I chose.
>>
>>43806752

>Sounds like you have the right attitude for playing.

I think this will be a great game as a "stand alone". With the stuff from the box, or as in this case, one player to "balance" the two forces of good and evil, it will be a blast for anyone trying it out!
And as no one around here players the game, or even bother to try it out, this is my chance to have a blast painting and at the same time show people that this game actually can be fun.

But I have no illusions, this is a scenario based game, where balance is an issue as soon as you have two un-equal thinking minds on whats "fair" and what is not.
But to start at the starter, perhaps getting some official terrain (as it looks gorgeous!), later on the Age of Sigmar book as it seems to contain a lot more scenarios, and if I enjoy it enough and people actually don't mind playing, getting the future release "expansion boxes".
The true test will be to actually paint it all up, but with a steady goal, and some disciplin I think it will work out great!

Oh, and by the way, that conversion totally ROCKS! I remember watching you're progress during WIP when AoS was released, and I thought it was a brilliant idea back then to!
>>
>>43806814
Right now we have very little in retrospect. It's a new game with new lore. It will take a while to build up to the level the old world was.

>>43806936
Actually with just the box set alone, you don't have much replayability. Playing the battleplans and building your own armies are where it gets exciting. Especially when you get a campaign going between friends because it really lends itself well to campaigning.

Basic campaignin: Play a game with a friend. The winner gets to roll on a triumph table (the Time of War triumph tables from the big books are less boring than the core rules table). The loser gets to choose the battleplan and some restrictions for the next game to make it more challenging for the winner of the last game. The pattern continues. All the while building up a story about your armies clashing.
>>
File: 1376370302754.jpg (337 KB, 791x1187) Image search: [Google]
1376370302754.jpg
337 KB, 791x1187
>>43807157

Isn't there a campaign in the box? As with the Dark vengeance, you had a string of scenarios starting to play with only a few models and escalating to use the full box type of thing. Or is it as you say, just a box of miniatures and the 4 pages of rules with a "have at it" thrown in?

I was really hoping for at least a story behind my battles, this is where AoS should have hit home, this is where their priority should be I feel. Awesome scenarios with lots of unique rules and a good story to back it up. Allowing the players to paint things gradually to be able to field fully painted lists each and every scenario as they progress!

Well, that was at least what I was hoping for. I just don't buy the list building in this, unless you're 12 and you're bff thinks exactly like you, and you both agree to play it on a certain level.
But as it stand, anyone joining the game with more money than you, can essentially have a larger army, which sucks hard. And if you start to set up "well, you cannot bring this or that, because then I wont play you", you're limiting you're opponents freedom of picking his own army, of units he feel are cool, so thats out as well. I know this is what GW wants you do do, don't care about the actual game if you win, or if you loose. But getting hammered time and time again, just ain't that fun, especially if its because you're opponent is simply being a dick.
This only forces you to be an even greater dick, and get shit you didn't even want in the first place! And the dickery-race is in a full go before you know it.

Horrible downward spiral of not-funnier in my opinion.
But ill get the box, maybe Ill change my mind about the game. At least I think the models so far are bitching, and will hopefully be a blast to paint! But I'm still on the idea to own both teams to balance it out myself (with help from GW "booster packs" of course).
>>
>>43808859
Don't get me wrong, there is a campaign in the box. But once you get through them that's it. It is a great way to get started and introduced to the game though, but after the box you will want to expand into the books and build up your armies.
>>
Is there any particular reason why the Lexicanum has very little information on Age of Sigmar?
>>
>>43810452
Because there's very little interest in the very little information about age of sigmar?
>>
>>43809356

Thats good to know, at least it sounds as if there is a "start" in the starter set. Thats all I really need really, something to get going. After that, its all a matter of getting some friends willing to try, which shouldn't be to hard if I get some descent terrain and a game mat along with the painted models.
>>
There is also little information on the End Times and I can safely say that there was a lot of interest on that.
>>
>>43810452
It's not a very interesting setting.
>>
Good Answer. Guess that's why the Warhammer 40k has a lot of contributions regularly while Warhammer doesn't.

Still wish there was more.
>>
So when is there going to be a civil war with the stormcasts and we get chaos eternals.
>>
>>43811305
We won't because this isn't 40k.
>>
>>43811393
>this isn't 40k.
Say what again?
>>
>>43808859
run some demo games, then when any friends enjoy it, see if they prefer any of the legacy armies over the starter ones in terms of models, playstyle, & flavor/fluff.

My Skavenbro buddy embraced the evil mad scientists vibe of Skaven's Clan Skryre, & now he's branching out into Wood Aelves & I'm building my Orcs 'n' Goblins finally.

Use an equal wound cap, or "martial strength" as GW calls it, to balance games at first, then in time, especially if someone wants to play a horde army then look into the various Comp.'s. Because units with size bonuses like Goblins need to outnumber elites like Ogre Ironguts or Skaven Stormfiends by quite a bit to have more epic, & IMHO fair battle.

Also join the AoS FB group for AoS, & check out the podcasts, that's where most of the community clusters online as it's hard to find tournaments so far outside of the UK it seems.
>>
>>43806400
For my unit of Retributors, the plan is Vallejo Gunmetal/Dark Metallic Blue & Flat Aluminium, then with Stegadon Scale Green/some sort of blue/turquoise as an accent color, with gold lightning bolts on the shoulders & hammers.

They'll either be Celestial Knights, or my own custom stormhost--hoping I can come up with a less generic, on-the-nose name. Though part of me wants to find a good orange, & do Celestial Tigers or something wild.

>>43805173
Will check it out & report back after play-testing, thx!
>>
File: Lord-Castellant.png (1 MB, 674x897) Image search: [Google]
Lord-Castellant.png
1 MB, 674x897
Warscroll of the Day #2

What do you guys think of this Hero. It's frustrating to me because taking him is equivalent to 9 wounds as you're going to always want the Gryph-hound with him when you could be taking something else. At first I thought his damage was super good, but after playing him a few times I decided that there were better hero options.

Challenge: Post medium sized lists where you think you can make the Lord-Castellant win in a competitive setting using whatever balance system you like.
>>
File: 1390714843823.gif (2 MB, 357x210) Image search: [Google]
1390714843823.gif
2 MB, 357x210
>>43806669
>asking "so, which are the good/bad guys?" in Warhammer
>>
>>43807157
>Right now we have very little in retrospect. It's a new game with new lore. It will take a while to build up to the level the old world was.
Just as I feared. AoS intrests me as a setting but I would rather play an RPG set there than a wargame. I'll live.
>>
>>43813476
I don't consider the gryph hound a necessity at all. The Lord-Castellant alone is good for what he does. He buffs units, can damage chaos well, and has some hitting power on his own. The gryph hound is just a point/wounds sink with little payoff.

He is a first rate support hero, and a second rate general. Meaning I would try running him as a 2nd hero whenever I did a SCE army (competing with a lord-relictor), and when you don't have or dont want to run a lord-celestant, he makes a decent general due to his slight added survivability.
>>
>>43813576
And if you were to run a gryph hound, I would even recomend just bringing one and having him hang out with the judicators for the interceptor. You don't even need him to follow the lord-castellant.

Although I know the fluff says otherwise.
>>
>>43813533
It's a trick question. The real answer is GW.
>>
How can I build fluff around a Lizardmen army if the Lizards are now memories and the Slaan are the only ones still alive?
>>
>>43814023
They are not memories, they are living daemons, they still have thoughts and emotions, just more bound to the will of the star priests
>>
>>43814023
The lizards are physical manifestations of slann memories. So building fluff for them would be easy.

The slann has a distinct memory of a very heroic saurus leader and his style, and those who fought under him.

The lizardmen are not completely emotionless, the fluff just says they fight like emotionless soldiers, so the blessed ones have distinct personalities.

The fluff you build your your dudes are the battles, trials, and conquests this particular constellation has had. The slann is faced with a certain type of problem that he knows which guys would be best suited to summon up and deal with it, and that would be your dudes.
>>
>>43814118
I did have an idea for a Slaan hopped up on caffeine to stay focused, so maybe he would summon up a shink that was good at making things like that?
>>
>>43813476
if the Lord-Castellant is focused on protecting his brethren, then why not let him unbind spells? Or the Lord-Relictor?

The lil gryph-hound sculpt is neat, but they are too pricey in real life & most Comp.'s I've seen, which is a pity. Being able to dart after attacking is nice, but with no Saves they would be easy to shoot once they got too annoying.
>>
File: CKMLKqhVAAAjH9A.png large.png (786 KB, 845x430) Image search: [Google]
CKMLKqhVAAAjH9A.png large.png
786 KB, 845x430
>>43813476
Drop that bad boy behind or near some liberators with shields, hopefully in some cover. Boost their save with his lantern (not dispellable since not a spell or a prayer) and they get 4+, +1 for shield, +1 for lantern, +1 for cover and you are looking at a 1+ save. Only rend can hurt you, sweet sigmarines
>>
>>43814589
Most people houserule that 1's always fail in saves, but yeah even then it is still super formidable. a 1+ save pretty much would mean you can ignore rend -1 at that point.
>>
>>43806814

>but do we know anything about the small stuff like what day to day life in that city Sigmar lives in is like or how do the realms other than Life feed their people?

I honestly doubt any of this will be covered unless FW does an AoS book, even then it would be doubtful or AoS gets an RPG. A lot of the nitty gritty details like that for Fantasy seemed to come from the RPG books, not from the rulebooks or army books.

>>43810452

Last I checked Lexicanum was only decent for 40k, even its Fantasy section was sparse, the English section at least.

>>43813533

Fantasy actually did have relatively clear cut divisions between good and bad. You could largely say the Empire, Bretonnians, HE, and Dwarfs were good and that WoC, Daemons, Beastmen, Skaven, DE, VC, and Orcs and Goblins were bad.

Of course the End Times to an extent and AoS have refocused things a little bit into Order versus Chaos.
>>
File: ANCX0kJ.jpg (212 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ANCX0kJ.jpg
212 KB, 1024x768
>>43815545
Can you expand on the sides actually being good? Like was The Empire really supposed to be good and not just an organization with slightly good leanings? I'd be interested in hearing it as it would be from editions I didn't get a chance to play.
>>
File: 1440185554531.png (370 KB, 412x390) Image search: [Google]
1440185554531.png
370 KB, 412x390
>>43813533

>chaos are good guys
>>
>>43816195

Well none of those I listed as good were exactly perfect, but for the most part they didn't bear any ill will against those you could also call good or neutral.

The Empire for example, outside of maybe Bretonnia a few times, never really tried to expand itself into countries like Kislev, Estalia, Tilea, Araby, etc. I actually think for the most part places like Norsca were left alone, bar whatever campaigns some Elector Counts may have tried.
>>
>>43814694
then don't even worry about staying in cover and just run them to whatever objectives/enemy heavy hitters you need, Castellant in tow, and they'll be 2+ with 2 wounds a piece. Not much punching power but you'll grind out anybody you go up against.
>>
>>43816195
They're good by virtue of being ordinary fucking people defending themselves against monsters that want to end the world. Whether places like Bretonnia and the Empire are "good" in and of themselves depends on your attitude to nation-states in general, but they're obviously the guys to root for.
>>
File: 25423542352.jpg (27 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
25423542352.jpg
27 KB, 1280x720
>>43806440
god fucking damn
can they make these fuckers any more boring i mean really
>>
>>43814068
>dat writing
why
its so bad
>>
>>43819422
GW weiting hasn't been good for years.
>>
Black Friday deals:
http://imgur.com/a/gbVqJ
Seems to me they're most useful if you're starting a whole new army. As such I doubt I'll bother with it.
>>
File: BF deals - aos.jpg (275 KB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
BF deals - aos.jpg
275 KB, 1152x2048
Looking at the AoS deals a bit more it's interesting what models are in and which are out. For a while I've had a theory that the newer dwarf stuff will fit the new "steamhead duardin" aesthetic and stay, while the older models will be replaced. The fact the dwarfs bundle is entirely the newer kits kind of reinforces this in my mind.

I wonder if (assuming this theory is true) the units involved in the other army deals indicate what might be staying and what might be getting new kits.
>>
File: 1384970815510.jpg (289 KB, 600x835) Image search: [Google]
1384970815510.jpg
289 KB, 600x835
>>43813476

> is equivalent to 9 wounds as you're going to always want the Gryph-hound with him when you could be taking something else.

>>43813576

>The gryph hound is just a point/wounds sink with little payoff.

The problem here is that you guys are still thinking in terms of Warhammer (or any other form of competitive wargames).
See, this is why GW dumped the points systems, because people had amazing models that they never played on the field!
You shouldn't be penalized and crippled to the point of "no use playing" because you want to bring you're awesome custom terrain you spent time and money (and lost of it!) to fix to you're standard! It should be there to lift the game to a whole new level.
The same goes for this example, you shouldn't be penalized for wanting to bring a cool model, and with AoS new rules system, you wont. But as long as you lot keep trying to "fix" the game, it will be an apparent problem.

My suggestion is this, take it for what it it. Why not post you're list "this is what Ill bring" to you're mate, and he does the same to you. If you have any suggestions or negative feedback, bring it up BEFORE the fight. Do the game, have a blast with all you're gorgeous models, and AFTER the game, you discuss if anything could be altered for future games.
Say, if you get tabled to the brink of insanity, and the game wasn't even fun, suggest that you're friend alter his list for future reference, if he has any self respect and don't want to be known as a total dick in you're local club, he will agree to change. If its a close call, you both have fun, and any one can be the winner in a late turn game, then you did a great match up!

So, stop trying to "fix" AoS, GW clearly had a plan on what they thought wrong in Warhammer Fantasy, and fixed it the way they thought best. If you want to play competitive, there are tons of better games out there.
>>
Can anybody tell me which warscrolls are in the Battletome: Seraphon? The GW page says it has 27 but I can only find 25 on their website.
>>
>>43816195

Far too uniformly for chaos.
>>
>>43821702
27 in the app.
Kroak, sunblood, saurus, camo skinks, starseer, priest, slann, stegadon, EotG, salamander, razordon, troglodon, bsb, skinks, saurus guard, kroxigor, eternity warden, bastiladon, scar-vet on CO, skink handlers, ripperdactyl, oldblood, scar-vet on carno, oldblood on carno, terradons, saurus knights and starpriest.
>>
>>43821631
>The problem here is that you guys are still thinking in terms of Warhammer (or any other form of competitive wargames).
>See, this is why GW dumped the points systems, because people had amazing models that they never played on the field!
>You shouldn't be penalized and crippled to the point of "no use playing" because you want to bring you're awesome custom terrain you spent time and money (and lost of it!) to fix to you're standard! It should be there to lift the game to a whole new level.
>The same goes for this example, you shouldn't be penalized for wanting to bring a cool model, and with AoS new rules system, you wont. But as long as you lot keep trying to "fix" the game, it will be an apparent problem.
The root of all these problems is GW's inability to write balanced rules. Units being outright useless or completely overshadowed by others is not a product of point systems per se but of GW's shitty job at it.
>>
One of the missing is the Skink Handlers.

I guess the other is BSB? Which one is that?
>>
>>43821872
Astrolith bearer. Handlers might be found under the razordons/salamanders as crew?
>>
Nope they aren't there as crew.

So I can't figure out what is the warscroll that's missing in this list:
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Warscroll#Units_6
>>
>>43822081
That'll be the oldblood on foot.
>>
>>43822081
And reason for both of them missing is probably that you get 3 handlers with the beasts in a pack, and can build the foot oldblood only from the carno pack. So gw put out the rules for the main thing in the set, but forgot about the secondaries. Maybe send them a mail about it?
>>
Thanks.

I don't really care enough about the links, to send an mail, I just would like to have a complete list.

Can anybody check this link and see if there's anything missing?
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Warscroll
>>
>>43822222
All the Seras are there now.
Nice quints.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 773x1000
So the gothic horror undead theme is now gone in favor of a Skeletor undead theme.
>>
>>43822391
Sorry, that was supposed to be a question.
>>
>>43821631

I guess GW never heard the term 'don't throw the baby out with the bathwater'.
>>
>>43822486
>I guess GW never heard the term 'don't throw the baby out with the bathwater'.

But the baby was a rotting carcass.
>>
>>43822601
So will 40k be in 10 years at this rate because GW is out of touch with its community and is producing increasingly worse quality writing. So people will just lose interest.
>>
>>43821631
The thing about AoS is it can be played however you want. Some people like to use wounds or comp points for balancing. It's ok, that's the way they want to play, and it's actually a very popular way to play.
>>
>>43822628
In fact they have been changing their target.
>>
>>43823287
And that's a mistake on their part. Fluff is marketing that your consumers pay for and it helps to generate interest.
>>
>>43806406
>pastebin.com/sQ5NryL7
Scumbag this guy, doesnt even check the link in OP.
>>
>>43824630
Is the mega down for anyone else? I cant get it to load, and last i checked, there was still no seraphon battletome
>>
>>43824987

Can not open it too.
>>
>>
>>43825642
>>
>>43825659
>>
>>43825681
>part of the new knights visible in bottom left
>>
>>43825681
He's a big guy.
>>
>>43825681
His skulls correspond to Dorghar's heads.
Neat.
But either Archaon dies or Slaanesh is gone forever.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (65 KB, 1600x772) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
65 KB, 1600x772
>>43825777
this is what im getting with that link
>>
>>43824630
Doesn't work

Is there even the seraphon battletome up?
>>
>>43825642
The artworks have really sunk too low to even be artworks in their own rights. They're just drawings of the miniatures. Not "similar" to the minis, just the actual minis, same position same colours. They could be tracing over a photograph by now.
>>
>>43826056
>Is there even the seraphon battletome up?

No.
>>
>>43826281
I agree in greater terms, but this artwork in particular is at least of better quality compared to the standard of AoS.
Gotta give it that, it's not the best, but at least this time it is not bad, it's even a bit genuinely good too.
>>
>>43806752
That irondrake head looks awesome with the rest.
>>
>>43825741
For you
>>
>>43826377
Yes I was not bashing this one in particular, but on the general trend. I couldn't pinpoint exactly the problem so far but looking at it, it's obvious. There's >>43806406 Which has the exact same problem but also happens to be very, very bad, for instance. It really looks like shit and proportions are all over the place.
>>
>>43826389
you aint seen nuthin yet. check out the rest of his army
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Forgesworn_Eternals
>>
>>43825681
Too big.
>>
>>43825659

WE BLACK LEGION NOW
>>
>>43828569
Archaon confirmed for blacked.
>>
>>43824630
Oh no, I'm a scumbag because I didn't tell you that I looked at broken link that didn't contain the thing I wanted anyway. I'm just asking, why you gotta be so meeeeean
>>
>>43820491

I noticed and wondered the same thing with regards to Dwarfs.

There are also twelve online only bundles whose contents are not yet known.

>>43821833

I think Chaos in Warhammer has always been closer to the Greek mythological definition than the "lol so randumb XD" definition.

>>43822391

Depends on how you define each of those.

>>43826281

Without more information you could just as well lay the blame for this at the feet of the artists as you could GW.
>>
>>43829119
>I think Chaos in Warhammer has always been closer to the Greek mythological definition than the "lol so randumb XD" definition.

Chaos is originally pretty much straight up based on Michael Moorcock's stories to such a degree that GW ripped off the Chaos star from it.

In those stories Chaos and Order are in constant conflict.
>>
>>43829304

Ah, I had forgot that.

Still, it doesn't personally bother me if Chaos has something of a uniform look to its forces, particularly if they belong to Khorne or Slaanesh.
>>
>>43829539
What makes Chaos random in Moorcock is that it deconstructs reality to rebuild it to whatever they fancy at any time. Order on the other hand can become so rigid that the worlds it has complete control over can be devoid of life and motion to keep change to from bringing any kind of chaotic event to the world.

There is also a bit of Lovecraft in Warhammer Chaos as well.
>>
>>43825642
>>43825659
>>43825681

What's with the dumb topknot? It makes him look goofy and unintimidating.

>>43829119

>Without more information you could just as well lay the blame for this at the feet of the artists as you could GW.

Games-Workshop photoshopped old images in the new Dark Angels codex to show new models instead of just generic figures you might see in the warhammer universe, specifically ork meganobs and a number of dark angel HQ units.

Look it up on Natfka, because I'm not going to go out of my way to get you a link.
>>
>>43825847
It work fine for me, can you tell me which file you were trying to download?
>>
6 months into Sigmar

Still cant field my Elspeth, Theodore Bruckner or my Lietpold. Still cant even play the game.
>>
>>43817138
And? Who are you to judge what is right or wrong? If some people get off to eating others and collecting skulls who are you to say that's wrong.

>sigmarshills in this topic
>>
>>43821631
Sorry m8, I wasn't trying to fix anything I was just trying to give my thoughts on the model's stats.

I'm not a furry so if we're judging the model itself I think it looks fucking retarded.

There is a very easy solution to this issue. Buff models in a way that won't cause massive power creep OR add abilities that actually pay off to use. Hell this game is so homebrew'd that I'm sure if I asked a friend to allow me a save roll of 5 with gryph hounds he'd do it because he also knows how fucking gimped they are lmao.
>>
>>43835757
I'd say for gryph-hounds, either run just one and stick him with your judicators or some other long range unit for some interceptor against summoning or deep striking armies

Or:

Run a large unit of them. I think they could be rather formidable in large groups. 3 wounds a piece gives them some survivability. If you have them in large groups, keep them near the back of your force as it marches forward, with your lord-castellant nearby, so when the enemy force charges in, these guys dart forward to tear shit up. But make sure whatever they attack they are near the castellant for bonus attacks. This does hobble one of their strengths though as they have a move of 9". I'd like to try it out and might use some proxies.

Too bad no 3rd party company makes decent gryph-hounds yet so we can run full units of them without having to buy tons of the castellant kits.
>>
wheres the cheapest place to get age of sigmar starter set just made of offer for it for half price on ebay.. like 50usd
>>
>>43821849
no its a product of people optimizing lists online and doing the thinking for you and then you saying some thing is shit with out realizing its use.. you realize the best 40k players use every thing.. people who net list are just poor and stupid .. im not even exadurating. if you want to be a good player at your army you have like literally every option.. if you haven't figured that out your a scrub teir wargamer who probably only fantasises about getting a army and not actually using it IRL. and your also the fanbase that complains about price constantly.. seriously fuck off. you don't even play I can tell.
>>
>>43837712
exaggerating
>>
>>43837712
So much assumption.
I have an army, I play, I don't complain about the prices. I even play with some subpar options because I like them. No net list.
It doesn't change the fact that some rules and units are absolute shit. I played lizardmen and there's exactly zero reasons I would ever have taken a troglodon. It's extremely mediocre and is priced so high anything in the book is better for the same cost. You don't need net lists to tell you that, it's just plain obvious when youread the rules or try to use it once or twice on the table.
But you'll probably turn to name calling anyway, I'm probably wasting my time, you don't want to discuss anything, you're just trying very hard to rationalize your opinion. Obviously, anyone who disagrees with you is a scrub or a shitty netlisting phaggot (or both, why not). Have a nice day.
>>
General question for someone new to Games Workshop products.

Does Games Workshop ever have X-mas sales? I'm wondering if I should wait another week until december to see if I can get some purchases cheaper.
>>
>>43837940
usually their bundles have no discounts to them, only the starter sets do.

what country are you in? if you're buying a bit then get 20% off through a wholesaler, then troll ebay/secondhand markets to supplement.
>>
>>43837940

This year is actually the first in a long time that they're having Black Friday sales from the 27th to the 30th. Most of the sales are in the stores themselves however, with some online. They're all bundles though, there is no individual product on sale.

http://imgur.com/a/gbVqJ
>>
>>43837940
They sometimes sell smallish army boxes at christmas which give you a discount, stuff like creatures of the chaos wastes.
>>
>>43838018
>>43838027
>>43838074

Thanks for the replies, they'll save me some time waiting. :)

I'm buying from Australia but I sort of need to buy before x-mas and the products I need are LotR range so I doubt I'll find them instore.

But thanks again!
>>
>>43838120
I hear GW prices are terrible down there, but I assume you know about this?

http://www.blackcultist.com.au/store/index.php
>>
File: archaon.jpg (84 KB, 640x682) Image search: [Google]
archaon.jpg
84 KB, 640x682
>>43832314
>What's with the dumb topknot? It makes him look goofy and unintimidating.

Classic Archaon homage.
>>
Is there a compiled list of formations and/or battleplans?
>>
>>43838120
>I'm buying from Australia

I'm so sorry.
>>
>>43825706

Dayum that thing looks beefy. And I'm digging the Black Legion colour scheme.
>>
>>43838641
That's pretty ugly looking. I have no idea why they decided to make Chaos warriors hunchbacks in the 90's.
>>
Happy Thanksgiving from your single American Age of Sigmar Player.
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 1024x909) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 1024x909
>>43839607
>>
>>43838704
There's a link in the op's pastebin. Swensons time of war rules and battleplans.
>>
>>43825681
>has slaanesh and horned rat symbol on shield
I thought he hated the rat? Why wear its symbol then?
>>
QUESTION

How to buy Khorgorath solo? Looked on the website for several Khorne units and it appears that some aren't available except from the starter set.

Is this really the only way to buy them without going for the full starter set? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>43840617
Check 3rd party bits resellers. Officially they are only sold in the starter set. But ebay and other bits sites will have the individual minis up for sale.
>>
>>43805162

I don't get why the designs of Stormcast have the same allowances that make space marines poseable (the arms, the chest to torso connection, etc) but the actual models are essentially snap together and not at all poseable.

they could have avoided making them look like space marines but purposefully didn't
>>
>>43840756
Only the stormcast minis are snapfit and not poseable. The regular kits have more pose options, as much as any recent kit anyway.

And I disagree with you on the space marine thing. While at first glance people are going to compare them to space marines, but upon closer inspection of the minis you see lot's of differences, which is especially reflected in the fluff.
>>
>>43838641
Sweet mericful Jesus, Archaon you look like a trainwreck from a warhammer fashion shw.
>>
>playing a game without any rules or coherent setting
>>
>>43840856
>upon closer inspection of the minis you see lot's of differences
Ah!
>>
>posting in a topic when you're desperate for (Yous)
>>
>>43840319
I don't see the horned rat one.
>>
>>43825659
>Worlds, stars, and galaxies burn at his touch

World Ender indeed. My liege now and forever.
>>
So it's pretty much confirmed that Chaos is Galactus
>>
>>43806406
>All this bloodless Khorne art
>>
>>43840617
Ebay is your friend here. I bought two this past week for a total of $18
>>
>>43841289
Venusaur is a Grass-type, it doesn't have blood.
>>
>>43825642
Good god I hope I can still get the old model.

That's fucking Nightmare on a dragon, where the fuck did the "less is more" idea get taken out back and shot in the head?
>>
File: IMG_20151127_021304.jpg (918 KB, 1458x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151127_021304.jpg
918 KB, 1458x2592
Behold! Here come the mighty Iron Horde!
>>
>>43841335
I still say it's Torterra.
>>
>>43841337
He is a demigod of Chaos. He should look the part.
>>
File: 1385655952141.gif (1 MB, 311x240) Image search: [Google]
1385655952141.gif
1 MB, 311x240
>>43821849

It doesn't matter if they tried to balance the rules. To get a balanced rules set you would have to limit the amount of models to bare minimum, the meta would still be set in a matter of days after Codex/army book release, and people would still just play with a limited amount of models consisting of the "good units".

If you don't get this, you're a freaking retard. GW even went so far as to spell it out right with games such as AoS. I personally didn't like he decision, but here we are. And its because retards like you, who insists its all down to the producers to make "balanced" rules, when in fact we all know its down to the players to just chill and have fun for once.
Every game will have a meta, and every game will have "useless" units depending on the setting. Every game will also have units that are mostly played for "fun" and aimed at friendly games.

This limited GW aim, and they have already stated this before. To have gorgeous models standing on the shelves "just because they ain't no good on the battlefield" is not what they want.With AoS they give you an opportunity to field what you want, instead agreeing with you're opponent on what is fair and what is not.

You can hate it all you want, it doesn't make it less of a truth. But the player base of Warhamms are a terrible investment, they buy one army of the "better kind" and stick to it. If they can get away with it, they pick alternative model makers, eBay and chinaman instead of the original, everything to save a buck.
With this game, GW has put the focus back on the miniatures, not the game.
>>
>>43841337

They already tried that, and it didn't sell apparently.
This new stuff, over the top as it is, I kind of like it.
Guess I go against the tide here, but it looks like a fun model to paint.
>>
>>43841547
>To have gorgeous models standing on the shelves "just because they ain't no good on the battlefield" is not what they want.With AoS they give you an opportunity to field what you want, instead agreeing with you're opponent on what is fair and what is not.

They're supposedly a model company, not a gming company, they don't give a shit if it collects dust on a shelves instead of being on a table.
>>
>>43841741

Yes they do, at least they have claimed, so I guess thats more proof than the opposite assumption.

And if you think about it (which you clearly didn't), you wont get any more hyped for new releases when you see all dust gray models standing on the shelves. You will just get pissed you cant use them in you're games and get angry at GW for making shitty rules for you're team. They want you to get hyped for the new release, they want you to spend that buck on new models, and they want you to play it as well. If there is ever a moment I want to go home and paint and fix my army, its right after a good battle! Its inspiring to play you're miniatures, at least thats how I feel.

Believe what you want, but I honestly think the people creating warhamms do want the players to actually field the models they put so much effort in to painting and modeling.
And its a bit late for the conspiracy theory of GW, come on its 2015 for Christ sake.
>>
>>43841741

you make a great point as well, they truly are a model company, and they have claimed (as I mentioned above in >>43841831) that this is the reason they want people to use the models when they play. Not to stand on the shelves collecting dust.
>>
>>43841342
Nice colour scheme! It reminds me of the classic "sword and sorcery" warriors you'd see in old fantasy art, and it's a lot less cartoony than some other schemes I've seen. However, don't be afraid to get a little more daring with highlights and contrast! Remember, you're trying to get your details to POP, so that subtle edges and textures are visible from several feet away during games. For example, the brass of your figure's axe and the leather "handle wrap" are very similarly coloured - they might appear to be the same material to an observer. Similarly, the cloth pants and metal boots/leg armour probably won't stand out from one another at long distances. For an example of "noticeable" contrast, the helmet/collar is distinctly different in shade from the torso of your figure, and the skulls stand out with their white colour against the rest of your dark, subdued palette. The miniature is well painted, but it'd be a shame if nobody noticed all the small emblems, trophies, and protruding detail that GW packs onto the model. Good luck rousing the rest of the Iron Horde to war!
>>
Living Failures
>>
>>43841176
isn't that his symbol right next to slaanesh on the bottom left of the shield?
>>
>>43841176
>>43844919
or it's Khorne's but it is kinda hard to tell
>>
>>43805424
>>43805764

I like AoS, but fuck sigmarines.
You have ALL those races to go with, and you pick notspacemarines?
>>
>>43844946

It's Khorne
>>
>>43837712
Nigga doesn't understand that Geedubs is shit at writing balanced rules.
>Tau
>Eldar
>5th ed IG
>Every Tyranids codex since 3rd
>Chaos Oh you poor fuckers
>Grey Knights
>The Summer of Tzeentch
>>
what about the wood elves and sylvaneth in AoS????
>>
>>43841176
Archaon is stated in the new fluff as refusing to honour the horned rat, possibly still sore over the skaven kill-stealing Valten
>>
>>43845475
Sylvaneth is actually pretty good with their formation. No lore yet on the wood elves.
>>
>>43845778
and units?Any good? In Wood elves and sylvaneth give a description
>>
AGE OF ZYGMUNT!
>>
>>43845846
Sylvaneth are all about spawning trees on the battlefield and warping from treeline to treeline. The big treelord is a melee powerhouse, and branchwraiths summon lots of dryads. Lorewise these guys are the protectors of ghyran and servants of alariel. Currently they are fighting an uphill battle against nurgle.

Wood elves we know nothing about lore-wise. But in gameplay they are pretty much the same as they have always been. Good range, great speed, and fragile as fuck.
>>
>>43845961
any tips on how to play
>>
>>43846003
>>43846003
>>
>>43846003
bring more models than your opponent
cause you know
there are no rules
>>
>>43846478
Here's that (You) you so desperately want.

>>43846003
The big tactic with AoS is synergy. Synergy between the heroes and units. Unfortunately I do not have any experience playing wood elves or sylvaneth, luckily there are a few battreps involving them.

https://youtu.be/l5LJwZmEPzI?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwVBEtiGJXQ1YcmmMUp9kN2q
https://youtu.be/boMbeW-NAB0?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwVBEtiGJXQ1YcmmMUp9kN2q
>>
>>43846003
don't
>>
>>43846003
play 9th age fantasy
its actually playable
>>
File: 1289599765416.jpg (140 KB, 900x658) Image search: [Google]
1289599765416.jpg
140 KB, 900x658
Are Temple guard and normal Saurus balanced with eachother? The only listbuilding info I can find online say to use wounds as points, but Saurus and Temple guard both only have 1. Am I missing something? Temple guards stats seem better overall better for the same wounds.
>>
>>43847469
ones better than the other in every way
games shit lad
>>
>>43847469
Most people do a simple system of balancing by wounds just to keep things quick and simple and for pickup games. It's definitely not perfect, but ive had some fun close games by wounds alone.

If you want a little more balance, using comp systems linked in the OP pastebin are great systems. Like SDK or Azyr which do fan created points systems. They do need both players being on the same page with list building, but they produce some exciting games.

If you still want to do wounds, do what I do and do half wounds. As in the saurus warriors are treated as half-wounds and the temple guard are treated as full wounds. This creates a little more balance.

But really I've had just about as many balanced and unbalanced games of AoS as I did with 8th edition. The thing is the game just takes the right kind of player attitude of not being a dick.

But the big thing is check out how your local meta does things. Find out how they like to balance games.
>>
>>43846649
>>43846649
And
in both films Wood Elves got a kick in the ass.Are they really so weak?
>>
>>43847666
Noo storm cast are so OP
>>
>>43847629
Also another system people have adopted are warscroll limits. The way this works is you take a warscroll at its minimum only (aka saurus warriors are 10 models minimum, and temple guard are 5 models minimum). These are the warscrolls limits as well.

So let's say you are doing a 10 warscroll game.

10 saurus warriors counts as 1 warscroll
10 temple guard count as 2 warscrolls

Then have some other limits in play like 1-2 heroes, 0-2 monsters or warmahcines, etc.

Again see how your local players are handling things. I've given you some options so don't let the fact that there are no points get in the way of playing a great game.
>>
>>43847666
It depends on how you play them and the scenario has a lot to do with it. The elves one put them at a disadvantage because the elf player had to hold an objective till the end of the game, and that hobbles the aelven mobility and puts them in melee with really hard brute force. Also ogors are hard to deal with in melee.

And just because I linked 2 videos with aelves losing, does not mean they lose all the time. They are hard to play but not 'weak'
>>
>>43847666
well theres no rules for how many models you can bring so balance it out just swarm that fucker with trees
>>
>>43841831
Look man. I know you're shilling for GW as hard as you can right now, but can you at least figure out the difference between your and you're. Jesus christ that was painful to read m8.

I agree with your points, but there's still counter points to be made about model cost as well as the ability to balance rules on their own schedule. What I and others are trying to tell you is that it doesn't have to be this way.

People don't just go for cheap cheese armies just because, but because cheap in this sense could be $300+ - that's a huge fucking investment for just miniatures. If a every army could be done for $99 then there would be a lot more players.

Players like myself also don't like to buy sets or bundles that have a model that doesn't look cool nor plays well. GW may not be able to fix how it looks, but they can instantly release an update to the warscroll. It is within their power to do so, and they should. Otherwise I will continue to not use said model or buy more to field my army if need.
>>
File: 942400.jpg (4 MB, 9567x7205) Image search: [Google]
942400.jpg
4 MB, 9567x7205
>>43846003
Get some booze and a friend. Try to play as much of AoS before you pass out. Every time one of your units are activated in some way take a drink.
>>
>>43850519
>shill
There's that word again. I do not think it means what you think it means.
>>
Battletomes purchased via the AoS App have gotten special Black Friday prices.

Chaos Dreadhold - $16
Stormcast Eternals - $32
Khorne Bloodbound - $32
Seraphon - $26

As part of today's BL Black Friday deal both Beneath the Black Thumb and The Prisoner of the Black Sun are half price.
>>
>>43825659
This doesn't make sense. Archaon had a personal grudge to settle with Sigmar and the old world. That what made him destroy it.

Now why he is he destroying worlds that did him no harm or wrong? He ws never one of the destruction for destruction sake dudes. His hatred was focused and it had a purpose.

AoS butchering more lore I suppose.
>>
AoS bundles are up on GW's site. Each comes with enough round bases for every model.

>>43851030

I assume they're going to try and answer this, may ultimately come down to him still having a grudge with Sigmar.
>>
Fuck me. That sure does look fun to build and paint.
>>
>>43851642

Why would anyone need that many waifus of Khaine? I thought the days of 60 (wo)man blocks were done.
>>
>>43852546
The whole black friday thing GW are doing seems like a baffling mess.
>>
>>43852798
>The whole anything GW are doing seems like a baffling mess.
>>
>head over to GW's website
>nothing new for the Lizardmen - wait, I'm sorry, SERAPHON
>literally just the old models, sometimes with a new coat of paint
We're never going to see new models except for Chaos and Sigmarines, aren't we?
>>
>>43852805
Touche.
>>
>>43852546
>I thought the days of 60 (wo)man blocks were done.
How naive of you.
Haven't you noticed how the number of models per box is increasing compared to old WHFB?
They want you to buy more miniatures than needed, before it was trough rules, now it's trough formation rules and thanks to the boxes only having that many models minimum.
Look at the skullcrushers and weep.
>>
File: Qs0HHRyl.jpg (45 KB, 640x367) Image search: [Google]
Qs0HHRyl.jpg
45 KB, 640x367
>>43853259
Some old kit have lower price per model. However, I agree that price per box increased.

>>43852829
When will da fucking fyreslayer launch!? And it is shame that aelf and grot are completely missing, even I don't think they will change.

>>43852798
Most black friday bundle can't beat online retailer discount, and i should support flgs anyway, but it is really a huge step for GW. :|
>>
>>43854031
Yeah black friday deals are a joke. The dwarf one saves me about $30, out of a $300 'deal'.

At least mantic is doing a series of black friday deals, too bad their minis are shit.

i don't play kow
>>
Seraphon Battletome on the way, but you'll have to go to 7ch to get it.
>>
I've been wanting to start a Warhammer fantasy army for a while and I can't really decide on what one. I was thinking vampire counts but from what I've heard they're difficult to play.
>>
I hear age of sigmar is a super casual warhammer fantasy, if i play 40k should i just play fantasy or is sigmar a better starting point?
>>
>>43858687

Why don't you let what people around you are playing dictate that? Whats the point in 'starting' with age of sigmar if no one is playing it and vice versa.
>>
>>43858245

Where it could be found there? They used to have a big REQUEST thread for all new files, but now it's a bunch of smaller threads in their /tg/ and I can't locate one for warhammer.
>>
>>43858764
I'm scanning it in as I don't have the Ebook to upload.
>>
>>43859066
Can you at least provide us a link when you get it up?
>>
>>43852798
>>43856925

You're honestly pretty naive if you thought GW was going to offer anything but bundles.

There is such a thing as selling a lot at a low price and making less than you would by selling less at a higher price.
>>
Have to admit that the Stormcast faces melded into Dorghar's skin are kind of cool.
>>
File: Chaos Dreadhold.jpg (1 MB, 2200x2908) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Dreadhold.jpg
1 MB, 2200x2908
>>43859066
>>43859410
>>43858764
Bad news. My scanner is shit and I'm too lazy to continue going through it.
More bad news. I suck at photographing things with my phone.
Good news is that I'll still upload it. Hopefully the subpar quality will cause someone to share their ebook.
>>
File: 234232.png (347 KB, 457x570) Image search: [Google]
234232.png
347 KB, 457x570
>Here’s what you'll find in the pages of issue 96:

>•The Exalted Grand Marshall of the Apocalypse returns!
>•Find out what happened to Dorghar, Archaon's daemonic steed.
>•The story of the Everchosen. What has he been doing since he destroyed the world-that-was?
>•And plenty more besides, including a look at just how big Archaon really is, a question about what's behind a Stormcast Eternal's mask and Slaughter, lots of Slaughter!

G E T H Y P E
E
T

H
Y
P
E
>>
>>43859797

If you'll upload it in any readable quality, we will never see actual e-book.
>>
>>43850950
you can get all of these as standalone epubs right? I don't want to use that fucking app.. or is the only other way physical copies? the layout on the physical books is compromised because all the text is formatted for ebooks... for fucks sake GW improve you game if you don't make your physical books the quality they used to be then of course they wont sell
>>
>>43859947
So you're saying to upload it in bad quality? I can do that.
>>
>>43850519
dude 300$ is not a lot of money you realize wargames are designed for the upper classes.. seriously I know they are "toys" and I know the child in all of us demands all toys be ours but 99% of hate towards gw is just people on lower budgets.. this shit is ment to be expensive its literally made for posh british school kids.. the people who don't get that I think just grew up on starcraft and wow or are americans or some thing.. I fucking do not and never have understood the gw hate. its all about money its just nerds literally expressing shit children do "i want toys mum" but they cost ot much etc etc... if you really want to get into wargaming you should check out the history its literally some thing upperclass british people did who where too loaded and could bribe or convince their way out of real military service so they played games instead during WW1/WW2.. .this shit ISNT for every one. more and more I see like people getting into this hobby who really shouldn't.. I see people bankrupting and hurting their young familys thinking this shit is cool and a expression of what they "really want from life"... guys chill the fuck out these are toys and if in your adult life you cant afford them.. just accept that. why there is a legion of fans who know all about the fluff the rules the meta the history the models.. and yet don't buy any really fucking suprizes me and is probably the WEIRDEST thing about this entire hobbie.. its not a addiction its just expensive get over it it always has been the price of money has changed sure ok ill admit in the 90s they had lower prices for a little bit but do you even realize that was only in the states and the UK and AUS had economic recession. as far as I can tell looking back at the history of GW the only time things where truly "way way cheaper" was at the launch of Apocalypse with thous bundels that where like fucking huge discounts.

if you don't like the price of GW product follow these steps.
>>
>>43860087
Here's your (You).
>>
>>43860087
if you live in Australia set your GW site to USA prices so you don't get depression.
ONLY perchase bundels with a discount of 20% (this happens a lot with the bundles)
DONT perchase bundels from GW shop purchase them from a retailer who ontop of that offers another 20% FLGS or online shop discount. if your FLGS doesn't offer discounts on GW product that means the shop is a pashion project of a rich owner nostalgic or overexcited by table top games he has not set up properly has not got a good lease good cheap staff and a good chain of supply and sales if he doesn't have this shit stop going to his fucking store and go to a Game shop that has tables and earns fucking money.. these do exist but they are rare.

this way you can get like 40% off usa prices which if you add it all up is AS CHEAP AS FUCKING CHINACAST

rule 666 never get chinacast its just objectively worse buying bundles and stockpiling the kits you don't need and selling them years later when that kit becomes good again is how you play GW for cheap.

Chinacast is literally a waste of money when you add up shipping a 40% discount on another country with better economys ebay or webstore perchases costs the same.
>>
>>43859983

I'm saying that your intention to share is really appreciated, but if you upload your scan/photocopy/whatever no one will ever upload retail e-book or even slightly better scan.
>>
>>43860269
I think they will if they care enough, but then again. I doubt if anyone was going to share then they would have already.
>>
>>43859960

You have to use the app to get the Battletomes for those prices.
>>
>>43860308
I don't pay for ebooks
>>
>>43860326
Then how are we going to all get one?
>>
>>43860334
We are not
>>
>>43860365
If only we had 50 something people to donate just 1 dollar to one account to buy the fucking ebook we would be set.
>>
>>43860385

Only the ibook is $50

Mobile or tablet version of the Seraphon Battletome is $32.
>>
File: Qs0HHRy.png (794 KB, 810x465) Image search: [Google]
Qs0HHRy.png
794 KB, 810x465
Welp, supposedly Duardin Battletome in january, new fyreslayer models in janauary, and of course, duardin repacks.

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/369#disqus_thread

Read the comments by Lady Atia.

WHO ALL IS FUCKING EXCITED ABOUT OUR DORFS!

Oh and next aos campaign book up for preorder next week? Am I getting that right?
>>
>>43864470
Stop trying to bump the thread, no one actually cares.

The general only existed because of shit posting and now they are all bored, so instead of a shit thread it's just a ded one.
>>
File: Petunia confused 2.jpg (23 KB, 219x348) Image search: [Google]
Petunia confused 2.jpg
23 KB, 219x348
>Don't play AoS
>Just look at the models and updates from time to time
>Hear the lizardmen got an update
>If I ever had to play AoS I would play Lizardmen so I'm kinda interested in them
>Look at the update for them
>They're now called Seraphon, sounds pretty neat to so whatever
>They're space lizards, fucking cool
>They're also daemons
Wat? Why? How?
>>
>>43864470

Fyreslayers could be pretty cool depending on what they take from Chaos Dwarfs.
>>
>>43865042
what fuck me
if I was gonna play AoS it would be lizardmen but what the shit
>>
>>43865042
>>43865473
Daemons are manifestations of the chaos gods, which are manifestations of thought and emotion. The nature of a daemon is a creation of non-substance.

The lizardmen are manifestations of thought and memories of the Slann, and come into reality very similar to daemons. So they are essentially daemons of order, instead of daemons of chaos.

In the context of AoS, daemon =!= chaos. Daemon just describes its nature. So you can have Chaos Daemons and Order Daemons.
>>
>>43864470
ho lee shet

this is excellent news indeed, if true. but then again, lady atia
>>
>>43866604

Lady Atia has a good track record.

SandPanda furthermore backed it up and their track record is close to or 100%
>>
File: 1420704517461.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1420704517461.png
1 MB, 1024x768
I miss the old world.
>>
Why couldnt AoS have been an alternative instead of a replacement?
>>
>>43866724

Because GW didn't want an alternative.
>>
>>43866754
Honestly, they would have done well to keep going with how they were running End Times.

There was never more fantasy being bought and played in my local store than when End Times was going on. Then they just ended the setting and stayed dead silent for like 5 months. Everyone just lost interest, and the shitstorm that was the AoS release didnt help in the slightest to rekindle it.
>>
>>43866724
Because they are legitimately retarded.
>>
File: ray_of_mayo.gif (35 KB, 448x272) Image search: [Google]
ray_of_mayo.gif
35 KB, 448x272
>>43866665
>>43864470
>>
>>43866827
Why am I retarded?

Because if it didnt completely replace fantasy and GW didnt ban fantasy from their stores, nobody would play Sigmar because its a giant fucking turd?

Is that why Im retarded?
>>
>>43866904
He's talking about GW.

Ironically, however, it turns out that you are indeed retarded anyway.
>>
File: 23423.png (2 KB, 197x49) Image search: [Google]
23423.png
2 KB, 197x49
>>43866904
>Why am I retarded?
You don't have to be so insecure man. Things suck but don't let it get to you.

I'm the real retard here after all. I have both Seraphon Battletome and Chaos Dreadhold ready to be uploaded, but I have no fucking idea how to upload it without it being obvious I was the one who uploaded it to the internet.

I'm scared. I don't want to go to jail over Warhammer ;_;
>>
>>43866970
I'm op, email me or send via dropbox, Google drive.
>>
>>43866970
You are a saint. Even if these are just camera photos I will be grateful.

My money is tied up right now saving money for the rumored next campaign book and the rumore duardin battletome, and christmas.
>>
>>43865042
>>43865473
1. Chaos destroys planet. Slann + Lizardmen escape on giant spaceships which were their temple cities, but massive, like, bigger than the largest mountains in size

2. Slann go emo for literally aeons, drifting the void. All the Lizardmen die out of starvation. Slann survive through sheer will power and emo.

3. Dracolithon sees the ships and goes to investigate, the nosy prick, and hears the Slann slitting their wrists, listening to emo/punk/metal and the rage as well. He lets out a roar which of sadness too and his tears are like stars or some shit.

4. Slann wake up from the roar and follow the tear stars trail to Azyr and place themselves above the land, higher than the brightest star there. Essentially they form 'heaven'.

5. Slann realise they need an army and have become so empowered by star magic, they've become super sayian mages. They then summon entire armies from memory alone.

6. They go into battle against Chaos or unwitting pawns of Chaos, or forces which will somehow aid Chaos in someway in the far future, and kill them. They can replace any fallen warriors in midst of battle just by thinking them into existence.

7. They're out-rusing Tzeentch, basically. Oh and GW then mentioned Pepe and Just as Planned meme in white Dwarf.

Odd thing is, their weapons are forged from star metals or some shit, which is odd, as they're summoned into existence, but not their weapons? Okay.

Either way, since Slann are 100% beings of order and want Chaos destroyed, the Seraphon are Daemons only for RULES.

also, I advise you to read WHFB 3rd edition, where there used to be Gods of Law.

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/God_of_Law

These were essentially Gods of Order.
>>
And I promise everyone that when I get the next campaign book, I will scan the time of war rules and battleplans and add them to the PDF i have linked in the OP pastebin.

And when I get the duardin battletome I will do a full scan of that as well.
>>
Wait, didn't we get a lot of images out of a digital edition when the seraphon battletome got released? Why didn't that guy upload the epub like he did with the other ones?
>>
>>43866786
I'm afraid not. Remember, End Times was just a better executed Storm of Chaos. Storm of Chaos did nothing to rekindle WHFB enough.

GW gave WHFB 35 years man. 35 years is a hell of a long time. WHFB wasn't selling and those that did play it didn't buy enough models to sustain it.

I mean, how many people who played WHFB bought direct from GW? How many bought from 3rd parties, Ebay or re-sellers?

WHFB was just not popular enough.

At least now we're in a position where if it does get popular, the rules can be expanded on. Everybody complaining bout rules forget 1st and 2nd WHFB existed. They also forget no lore existed in any meaningful manner till 3rd.

I remember those days, many people complaining here do not.

WHFB wasn't selling, end of. People who complain about it are stupid.

The solution, my dear friends, would have been ending WHFB completely. Meaning you'd have to use 8th or earlier. Which, guess what, you can do any way. I play WHFB and AoS.

AoS is much easier to learn and new players get into it easier. Hell, I have so many WHFB figures I can lend people armies to play as I don't need huge chunks of models to play.

Am I said WHFB is gone? Yes. Do I wish it never died? Yes. Do I wish it to come back? Yes.

But I am a realist. WHFB wasn't selling and my store(s) gave up WHFB tables about 10 years ago.
>>
>>43867375
>>I mean, how many people who played WHFB bought direct from GW? How many bought from 3rd parties, Ebay or re-sellers?
>>WHFB wasn't selling, end of. People who complain about it are stupid.

I mostly agree with you, both those two points contradict. GW is just too expensive, and for WFB there are too many opportunities for cheaper alternatives. Comparitively, 40k has less generic selections and as a result is a bit harder to go elsewhere for it.

That being said, I know WHFB is making a comeback with the new Specialist Games department.
>>
>>43867322
>GW then mentioned Pepe

What.
>>
>>43867375
>Am I said WHFB is gone? Yes. Do I wish it never died? Yes. Do I wish it to come back? Yes.
I honestly do have the same feeling, kinda.

The old world will always hold a special place in my heart and I really will miss it. Watching the Total War trailers do give me a bit of yearning for it.

But I understood why they gave it a send off and decided to start anew. I honestly like AoS better than 8e or 7e (which is where I started), and honestly I would have been totally cool if they changed the game to AoS while keeping it in the old world.

But I do like the new setting as I feel it has a lot of potential to be unique among fantasy games. We just need to give it time to grow and develop. If it continues far enough it may end up having enough cool shit to rival the old world.

What gets me is when people complain about GW not giving a shit about the property. Their business has been changing more toward the hobby than the game, but I do get the sense in various places that the mini designers care, the writers care, and even the game designers care. I guess I just have positive outlook on things.
>>
>>43867438
Seraphon White Dwarf. Munitorium section. The tip was something like

"Slann are masters of order. During battle, rub your chin and say outloud "Just as Predicted!" even if you're losing"

or something like that.

>rub chin
>just as predicated

>slann are frogs
>grab chin
>pepe grabs chin
>>
>>43867459
it's a stretch at best. 4chan has always seen what it wants to see. hence the meme that everything starts with 4chan
>>
>>43867438
Don't mind him

He thinks everything refers to memes
>>
>>43867412
Thing is, GW offered pretty unique miniatures (can you think of another 28mm fantasy race of Mayan/Aztec Lizardmen? I can't. Freebooters did some Amazon Women thou, but don't think they're 28mm). Were they expensive? Yes, but the quality has been better than ever. Mantic stuff, for example, is really poor quality. But it's cheap and lots of it, so people bought that instead to get the "bulk".

I mean, look at Skaven, you needed hundreds of Clanrats and Slaves and Plaguemonks. TK and VC you needed to buy more zombies and skeletons than you needed in order to summon them.

It just wasn't viable.

Remember, kids are the main source of income for GW. Kids coming in and buying entire armies + paints. When the price of a 40k army is a lot cheaper than some WHFB armies (Ogres I think were prob cheapest, maybe WoC too) parents went with 40k. 40k was also popular cause guns and shit.

WHFB couldn't survive. The fact GW has done a brave move should be applauded, not shat on. They could have gone "FUCK IT! FIRE SALE ON ALL MODELS! 40K ONLY!", maybe that would have been better. I dunno.

The reason I'm not pessimistic? It's been 7 months and we've had 3 battletomes. I want to see what they're doing with every other faction.

I'm pretty sure Bretonnia and Empire will be combined into Armies of Azyrheim, or Mortal Armies or something.

I think lots of people just see Stormcast being centrestage (and why not, they're a brand new faction and brand new models) and think that it's just them. It's ignorance and the desire for things to follow their particular narrative.

>>43867451
Yup. Thing is. Old World was barely used. It was Not!Europe 90% of the time. 5% Lustria, 5% Not!Egypt. You never saw Southlands, Cathay, Nippon, Ind, Araby or so on in any detail, maybe the odd mention.

When all battletomes are out, I'll judge the setting. As it is, I see my Seraphon as being stupidly powerful if I was a WAACfag and lots of cool ideas. I won't rebase thou.
>>
File: JUST_AS_PLANNED.png (60 KB, 493x143) Image search: [Google]
JUST_AS_PLANNED.png
60 KB, 493x143
>>43867472
FFG did this before. Plus we know FFG has done several /tg/ memes in their 40k material.

It is clearly referencing "Just As Planned" and I don't see why they'd mention a frog rubbing it's chin alongside such a thing...
>>
File: slann pepe.png (127 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
slann pepe.png
127 KB, 600x600
>>43867487
GIVE INTO THE MEMES ANON. IT WAS A REFERENCE. IT MUST BE. ALL THE LINES JOIN UP.
>>
>>43867512
>Plus we know FFG has done several /tg/ memes in their 40k material.
yeah until you can cite at least 3 examples im calling bullshit on this one
>>
If they just gave a point cost to everything, I bet 90% of the bitching and whining about AoS currently would cease.

I wish they would just fucking release something. I like the rules of AoS and the models, but the lack of point costs make it non-viable. I don't want to be following 10 different independent comp systems.
>>
>>43867518
Really?

Here we go.

>/tg/ meme: Adept Grendel
FFG Reference: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/dark-heresy/pdf/previews/radicals-preview-1-web-quality.pdf

>/tg/ meme: Alice Boone
FFG Reference: https://1d4chan.org/images/8/86/Canonization.jpg

and finally

>/tg/ meme: Commissar Dan
FFG Reference: https://1d4chan.org/images/3/3e/Dancanon.png

Feel free to confirm them yourselves.
>>
>>43867518
mate...

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Meme

even fucking 1d4chan knows this shit, i know this shit, bottom of page, there is several tg memes mentioned in one way or another
>>
>>43867525
Let's say they did. How would the moaning stop?

>OMG THIS THING IS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE
>OMG THIS THING IS WAY TOO CHEAP
>OMG THIS THING IS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE TO BE VIABLE
>OMG THIS THING IS OP AS FUCK FOR THE PRICE
>OMG THIS THINGS OPTIONS ARE INSANE FOR THE PRICE

Etc.
>>
>>43867518
Grendel (sp?) and Love can Bloom are the two big ones off the top of my head.
>>
>>43867554
Love Can Bloom is implied. Firstly the Vindicare and the fact that Farseers don't take their helmets off (or is she a Warlock? I can't remember) in GW pictures, but this one does. Plus he's not aiming to shoot her. It's a nice touch.

The others I can remember are Commissar Dan doing a final charge with his tank "Fluffy", Grendel and Alice. Plus the "just as planned". Then Relic put the "I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD!" meme into DoW2 Retribution. I can't think of any more.
>>
>>43864470
Bretonnia battletome never ever.
>>
>>43867615
they might get something, but they wouldnt be called bretonnians. its still not clear yet on human factions. i imagine there would be some human nations somewhere in the realms similar to bretonnia, but not the same
>>
>>43867501
>That being said, I know WHFB is making a comeback with the new Specialist Games department.

>WHFB with the new Specialist Games department.

>Legally can't say more.

>Have faith.
>>
>>43825681
I really like the new archaon but the old model and i cant seem to find alternate retailers that have him
>>
>>43867795
What? Who? When and where?
>>
>>43867918
waylandgames.co.uk
get a 20% discount on geedubs stuff, makes the prices actually reasonable
>>
>>43867795
But what about man o'war?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.