[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malifaux General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: Icon - M2E.png (200 KB, 216x217) Image search: [Google]
Icon - M2E.png
200 KB, 216x217
Malifaux general, here are some useful links,

books;
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (form 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG
>>
What does everyone's black friday wishlists look like? I'm def picking up Sue and one of the Jakob Lynch boxes, but not sure what else.
>>
>>43805805
Aionus, silent ones, angelica. Was initially planning on the nightmare corphyee, now that I have seen them I'm not sold.
>>
Arcanists master race here.

Nythera is ours
>>
>>43805915
The Guild is very close to taking it from you terrorists.
>>
>>43805915
Oh yeah, had forgotten they had a campaign running. Is it still going and is anyone clearly winning?

Winning faction gets the next nightmare set right?
>>
>>43806126
Down to a three horse race between arcanists, guild, and ten thunders.
>>
>>43806126
Winner gets the nightmare box, 2nd gets the Miss
>>
File: bamofo.jpg (248 KB, 1500x838) Image search: [Google]
bamofo.jpg
248 KB, 1500x838
>>43805881
Looks more like a sideshow coryphee than a nightmare one, and looks like a PITA to assemble.

Alt Barbaras is badass, probably get him just to paint
>>
Anyone played in a Shifting Loyalties campaign yet?

About to start one and not sure what henchie I wanna run in Neverborn. Anyone tried a grow list with neph in it?
>>
>>43806623
I want both him and the alt mcmourning (to paint a an adult doc mcstuffins) but the $300 pay wall is too rich for my blood.
>>
Would Open Graves, Body of Evidence, Toshiro and some hanged be a good budget start to ressers?
>>
>>43806939
Needs some schemers, I'd replace the hanged with necropunks.
>>
>>43806939

Sound be good.

Nicodem himself will be a bit limited since he likes a large model pool, but Morty is nice ranged poison for McMourning and Punk Zombies are solid beaters.

I'd personally swap his box out for Seamus, since Belles are really solid and Sybelle and Seamus let you theme around Terrifying pretty easily.
>>
So are the Crossroads Seven any good as a full group?

I havent had a chance to look over the book yet but I was super interested in the models.
>>
Sorta mad Miniature Market's Black Friday sale is just of stuff they couldn't sell before. Anywhere else reputable doing any decent sales? I'd kinda like to grab the Collodi and Lilith crews.
>>
>>43805805
Sadly too broke to pick anything up, but I'm lucky that most of the stuff offered would fall into the backburner of 'want' for me. There's stuff that would be nice to pick up, but nothing that screams "MUST BUY NOW" for me.
>>
>>43808095
>nothing that screams "MUST BUY NOW"
Have you not seen aionus?
>>
>>43807203
Or crooligans
But dogs can work perfectly fine as denial, hell I recommend more
>>
So I see a strong feeling of "Yan Lo's gameplay is just boring" on the Wyrd forums. Does anyone here feel this way?
>>
>>43808424
not him, but Aionus' stat card sold me on starting this game with Tara.
>>
>>43808498
Haven't played him yet, but he's on my 'to pick up' list for when I finally toe into Ressers.
>>
>>43808424
I don't have any crews that he would be amazing in, just ones that he'd be fucking good in.
>>
>>43808470
Yeah with mcmouning in the master pool, a box of canine remains might be the better buy.
>>
>>43808498
He's a support master, so generally speaking he won't be the model to shine. He gets a lot of things done, but in the end he's just a cog in your machine.
>>
>>43808957
Speaking of: what should I grab with Tara? I know I want Killjoy and some marshals. Anything else?
>>
>>43809895
Outcasts or Ressers?
>>
>>43810082
Outcasts
>>
>>43810102
Bishop and Taelor are good alternate beatsticks for doing the Tara bomb. I've heard that the Strongarm is also not a bad choice with her. Anything else is going to be standard Outcast generally useful models, like Freikorps Librarian, Hans, Convict Gunslinger, or Johan depending on matchup.
>>
Bishop can be a more effective bomb than Killjoy. He's also a lot harder to remove once he gets stuck in.
>>
The $300 paywall sucks. My girl and I haven't bought any malifaux since gencon to save up, and to ensure we'd have enough models we wanted.
>>
>>43810347
It really does.
>>
Does Tara's model actually have the hole through her chest?
>>
>>43813640
It does not have an actual hole. It has a recessed section on each side for the hole.
>>
I want to buy Mah Tucket for my first set. Is she beginner friendly?
>>
>>43814301

Don't don't get too confident in her ability to survive retaliation. Think carefully before you send her in.
>>
What are the arcanists good at? I have sort of a handle on what the other factions do, but no idea for Arcs
>>
>>43815473

Anything they want. Strongest faction in the game.
>>
>>43815418
Use terrain to my advantage and attack only if you have the upper-hand. Alright, I can do that.
>>
>>43815473
They cover a HUGE amount of ground compared to most factions.
>>
>>43815646
>>43815529
Hm, guess I should stick with them, then. Got gifted the Kaeris and the Raspy boxes. Where should I go from here? Don't particularly prefer one or the other yet.
>>
>>43815529

First I heard Guild was the strongest.

Then later I heard it was Gremlins.

Did something really amazing come out in Shifting Loyalties that pulled them over? I know that ice dancer chick looked really good.
>>
>>43816079

Arcanists has always been strongest. Guild's probably the "worst" overall due to focus on damage and difficulty cheaply doing schemes.

It's just not a game where the power gap is all that wide.
>>
I just started.

So far I have a Viktorias box and a Von Schill box. Along with Hans, Convict Gunsligners, Void Wretches, and Vanessa.

Anything else that's a must have?
>>
>>43816868

Hannah, Lazarus, and Strongarm Suit are all good additions to the Freikorps theme.
>>
>>43816868
Johan, Bishop, Lazarus, Hannah, Strongarm are all good choices.
>>
>>43816903
>>43816889
Anything to fill holes with the Viktorias?

I played my first real game with them the other day and got annihilated because I couldn't even move around the board.

It was against Kaeris and the board was mostly severe terrain walls/catwalks everywhere. I just got jibbed and barely scratched the opponent since I couldn't even make it to him.

Then again almost his entire crew had flight or incorporeal and could move unhindered.
>>
Thunders Player. I have purchased all my masters and am planning on a second faction. What opinions do you have on Ressers and Neverborn models in general, being that there are none in my area for me to learn from via experience.
>>
>>43817019
Vanessa is a must for the Viks. That and you might want to look at how terrain is set up, that much severe terrain/elevation is going to make any melee crew suffer badly.
>>
So I've decided I'm going Gremlins.

I'm going to get The Kin box and Slop Haulers. Anything else that needs to go with those right off the bat?
>>
>>43817212

Ressers are fun.

Great scheme runners in several flavors, best summoners, lots of synergy between all of the masters, Belles as a sturdy Lure user, etc.

Only big issues is a lack of range and somewhat slower overall speed, though lately Ressers have been getting more models with ranged and the speed issue can be fixed Carrion Emissary or being tricky with stuff like Sybelle.

From a practical standpoint though Ressers are hard to pick as a secondary faction since they reward you having a large model pool more so than any other faction. On the bright side more or less all of Yan Lo's thematic crew is great, with Yan Lo himself probably being the weakest link.
>>
How's the Schemes and Stones podcast? I have a really hard time listening to podcasts, since I read much, much faster than people typically convey information through speech.
>>
>>43817768
bayou gremlins are a good start. Lenny is also really good with the kin (or any gremlins) but then you need to get the Bayou boss-set.
>>
File: dass.jpg (50 KB, 317x423) Image search: [Google]
dass.jpg
50 KB, 317x423
What do y'all fine gentlemen think about my young Lacroix?
>>
>>43818673
I like it.
>>
File: 20151123_233405.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151123_233405.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>43818673
Top work

If we are posting OUR DUDES I had a go at a mannequin...
>>
>>43818673
Nice work, what's the outhouse made out of?
>>
>>43820279
paddlepops, plasticard, glue and card
>>
File: DSCF4143.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4143.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
It's officially dude time then. Here's an old Silent One that finally got a lick of paint in prep for 2.0.
>>
Noob here. This post is in reference to the tools you guys use.

It's been recommended to me by my FLGS to get a ton of shit brushes and 1 good one. Do you all agree? What brands do you recommend?

Do you guys go for a specific brand for files?

Lastly, what paint do you guys like?
>>
>>43822221
Brands don't matter for brushes, you just need a brush(s) that's thick enough to block out areas quickly to save time, and a brush with a fine tip, which is the one you take good care of (I think that's what the FLGS peeps meant).

As for paint I've used Games Workshop, PP and Vallejo and they all work just fine. Games Workshop has an exhaustive collection of colors if you're new and apprehensive about mixing paint to get the right color, Vallejo has the best lids on their paint for minimal spilling and the least drying out, and PP has some of my favorite metallic paints.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.